All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here9550 Shore Dr, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29572-5132, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A bargain of a deal!"
I really enjoyed the convenience of the location, the great price and the amenities.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Rene
I was very pleased with my hotel stay .the staff were very nice and accommodated all my needs..I will be returning there for another vacation soon
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
We are glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
2 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
"Very Dissatisfied"
Great amenities at the hotel, but our room was out dated & in desperate need of an upgrade. The ceiling over the shower had mold on it & the beds were probably the most uncomfortable mattresses I have ever slept on. Our thermostat would not go any lower than 68 degrees - and they had a sign posting this. So our room was never cool enough for our liking. I do not like the fact that I am paying to rent a room & I am not allowed to control the temperature in said room. Needless to say, we will not ever stay there again. Nor will we recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Missy
"This is a party hotel for the wild at heart."
My husband and I was just very disappointed from the time we pulled up to the hotel. We had to wait on a bell person to help us take our stuff to the room and we waited and waited, no one was insight. Finally, I saw a guy walking by and asked he if worked at the hotel and he said yes. So I asked if he could help us with our luggage. He told us to hold on for a few minutes and preceded to go outside and started calling some guy in the parking deck. The guy in the parking deck yelled back he was at lunch. So the guy I asked to help said well I guess I can help you he's at lunch but I'm off the clock. Got to the room and it didn't have the amenities we had requested. They changed our room to another. Got to the second room and it was absolutely filthy! Coffee was still in coffee pot with mold growing on top, shower had soap scum and dishes in cabinet was nasty. I preceded to walk around the room and nasty dust just fell from the lamp shades and bed headboards. ... we could not get out of the room fast enough.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Loretta
"enjoyable hotel"
Too short . Can't wait to come back in June 2015 hopefully
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
We look forward to having you back in 2015!!
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
dwayne
"Loved our stay"
Very nice staff. Friendly and lots to do within the hotel without even having to leave :)
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your comments. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
"Nice getaway"
Easy to make reservations over the internet, and no problem getting a room for one night on short notice. Base price for ocean view was less than $60.00. Good restaurants and bar within the hotel like River City Cafe and Ocean Annies, right on the beach, which had free entertainment that was quite good, and there was a good breafast buffet in the hotel restaurant where there was no waiting and the services was good and prices reasonable. Easy parking in either of two spacious parking garages. Near The Carolina Opry where we went that night. Room was quiet. Didn't use it this time, but the indoor heated pool was a nice touch. We'll be back.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
We look forward to hosting you in the future.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
Anthony
"HORRIBLE"
EVERYTHING ABOUT OUR STAY WAS UN ENJOYABLE, CHAOTIC AND FILTHY!! DO NOT WASTE UR VALUABLE TIME OR MONEY, TRUST ME!!
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay.
3 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
brooke
"fun bands, great location, good prices"
arriving in the fall the bands had shorter hours, but great when they play. The rooms are reasonable clean.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"rest and read"
peaceful
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you got much needed rest.
2 night trip Sep 29, 2014
jaszz
"Very unpleasant and unhelpful receptionist"
The hotel is in a great location, but unfriendly and very unpleasant and unhelpful receptionist named something like Elantra (I don't seem to remember her name exactly) refused to let me use a hotel cart to move my heavy and expensive photographic equipment back to my vehicle. She told me, that the guests HAVE TO use a bellman on duty. I am sorry, I don't let anyone else handling my equipment. She did not let me use the hotel cart reffering to some "hotel policy". Interesting enough, I had no problem borrowing the cart the previous day from someone else. She had absolutely no interest in helping a guest, she never smiled and was so unpleasant ruining my hotel experience totally.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Our staff strives hard to help everyone in-house as best as possible. Our bellcarts are used by the bellstaff to help guests who wish to use this free service. For special circumstances management will allow a guest to use a cart while bellman are on duty. Please ask for management assistance in the future and we will be happy to accommodate id possible.
4 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Ron
"Nice location with little dirty room"
The hotel location is nice, good parking lot, nice swimming pools and easy access to beach. There is big disappointment in room condition. First room we got was not acceptable, rotting smell from air-condition, fan hanging on wire from ceiling and very dirty carpet. We switched to different room. For couple days room service only changed towers, I borrowed broom and swiped out fungus from air-condition, the carpet was very old and worn out matters. Overall room condition was quite bad, but location was nice.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your comments. We are continually striving to update our property and rooms. Your comments are appreciated and will help us upgrade these areas.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Cypher
"Best place to stay at the beach"
I love this hotel, it is a great pleasure to stay here. The staff is great! A+
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your review. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Nena
Over all, The Sands is a older resort and it shows. We had to call for enough towels and washcloths. We did not have maid service the last two days. If I had been an owner or an exchange from another resort I could have understood, but being a paying guest is a different classification.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We strive to give the best hospitality possible. We will use this feedback to strengthen our service.
5 night family trip Sep 21, 2014
K.D.Carter
"good place to stay"
can you get me another deal
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
dave missory
Great for a fun time! Needs some renovation, and the room was less than impressive. But bars were alot of fun!
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Convenient location"
Great location and amenities. Rooms a bit musty however. Property in need of some upgrades for sure.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your review. we appreciate the feedback and will use it to better service our clients.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Old. Dirty"
Mildew in shower. Needs renovation And it was listed as a hotel but was a timeshare
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
wayne
"Brand new, nicely appointed condo."
I'll start by saying that the condo was beautiful and we enjoyed staying there. The owners had a memberhsip to the Atlantica Beach Resort, so we were able to use their passes to park on the board walk and use the beach front of the resort. NICE perk! Now I'll tell you the frustrating part. If you're arriving after 5pm, you have to call ahead, which would be fine, but after calling and holding (3 times) for several minutes it was getting close to 4:30pm and I was worried we wouldn't be able to check in. I had to call Expedia to intervene for me, which they did. Thank you Expedia! Our keys were locked in a lock box, which we picked up well after dark. The directions were very confusing and maps impossible to read (no street names, no numbers on buildings). The written directions told us to turn left out of the parking lot and after about 15 minutes of confusion we figured out that we were supposed to turn right. I did complain about the directions when I checked in that morning, but no one seemed to care at all. One lady just walked away after giving me a dirty look.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Beth
"Have loved staying at Sands Ocean Club 20 years."
Easy and Fast check in. Nice room with nice view of the Ocean. Great band at Ocean Annie's. More than enough lounge chairs around pool, covered area with table and chairs, lazy river. Best breakfast buffet of anywhere on the beach. Thomas is famous for his omelets. Convenient to large mall, Tanger outlet, golf course and restaurants, nightclubs.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Dee
"some pluses and minuses"
Hotels.com person said we got oceanfront, but hotel had signed us for ocean view and did not have oceanfront available the first night. We believe the people at the hotel. Several palmetto bugs required dispatching. Room not ready even at check-in time, and maid service was haphazard, though calls to Housekeeping got supplies quickly. Front desk personnel friendly but couldn't answer questions. We go to MB often, will likely stay elsewhere. Nice that a live band played daily even in September. Sandals Bar was nice.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your comments will help strengthen our service in the future.
10 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2014
Frequent Tarveler
"Filthy and full of rude people"
The only thing nice about this hotel is the location and the sweet girl at the front desk who works the front desk at night. Our original room was disgusting with an unmade bed, a half empty drink can on the counter and urine on the seat of the commode. The hotel smells of stale smoke and mold and the staff except for the lady at the front desk are very rude. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone with children - as the adults aren't a very good example of how good people are supposed to act.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Jack
The tub was dirty and had to ask for towels several times only to be told they were "out" they finally "found" 1 towel. Housekeeping never showed up once.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and we will use them to better our service.
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
"Oldie But Goodie!"
Yes this place is old but it HAS EVERYTHING! 2 bars (one is the only ocean front bar on the beach) 2 pools 2 hot tubs, food, view. For the price you can't beat it!~
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
We are happy you enjoyed your stay at The Sands Ocean Club. Our staff strives hard to ensure a good time and good service. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
BioJoe
"Housekeeping needs improving"
Floors look as though they haven't been cleaned in a long time. Sticky stuff in carpet, loose shoe moulding tiles in bathroom, broken or loose fittings, bits of trash on floor everywhere . I was actually concerned they might charge me for those pre-existing damaged fittings or a torn shower curtain by earlier guests. The maids only came into the room once in the 3 days there and not sure why they bothered then. I found 2 key cards (room key envelopes) between the bed and bed side table. I'd really be upset if the pricing of the room weren't so discounted, but I guess you get what you pay for!
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Drave
"not bad"
the room we got was dated but clean the outdoor bar and deck with live music was awesome will be back
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you in the future.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
robert
"Room a huge let down."
Location and staff were great . Room was a mess. Carpet was filthy. Weird shape kept wall unit ac from reaching the bathroom on other side of room and around a corner. Shower curtain was covered in mildew. . Found old food behind dresser and under one bed. Nasty stains on box spring. Room need some majoy TLC.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We will use your feedback to fix any needs in the room you were assigned.
2 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
"knee replacement recovery"
We like to spend about 3 to 5 days a month in Myrtle Beach. SANDS Ocean Club is now our new favorite. We never had to leave the resort because there were so many amenities. Usually hotel restaurants are awful, however, Windows restaurant served a good economical breakfast and then the River City Cafe offered enough options for our other snacks and meals. They have the BEST burgers! It's great to avoid the traffic and hassle to go out for every meal, however, with River City Cafe we could order take out with an adult beverage and eat in the room. Outside ocean front entertainment deck, Ocean Annie's had the BEST band. There were two steps to Ocean Annie's and the attendants/bouncer/security gentleman were always on the ball to offer assistance with my walker and helping me go up and down the steps with an offer an arm or hand to keep me safe. I am thankful to those gentlemen and all the staff from frontline check in and the kindness of the housekeeping staff. Everyone always had a smile and nice greeting and genuine courtesy to offer a pleasant getaway. We look forward to our next MYR getaway at Sands Ocean Club.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.
3 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Ca r ol i ne
"Perfect for Ocean Annies and beach walking"
While the building itself could use a makeover in the worst way, the staff was one of the most friendliest and hard-working I've ever seen. They went out of their way to make me feel at home, and I could not have been any happier with the customer service provided!!!!!!!
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for taking the time to respond. Our staff strives hard to give the best service possible. We will use your feedback to be able to better serve our clients in the future.
2 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2014
Andrew Nortz
The hotel was okay. It didn't have the fanciness of other hotels but the staff was great and the whole feeling of the hotel was wonderful. The price for my stay was off the chart (good) and that is what made it worth it. No bugs or unpleasantries of that sort. My stay was GREAT
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for taking the time to comment.
2 night romance trip Sep 8, 2014
Toni Taylor
Upon reading the mixed reviews I was concerned about this hotel. We though had a very positive experience. I think the differentiation of room quality is due to some rooms are owned as condos and rented out as hotel rooms when the owners are not using them. Our room was this case and it was in excellent condition. I could see though from the balcony that some rooms were under going renovations. The reason it didn't give the hotel a 5 on condition of hotel and staff is due to the shear volume of use of the hotel. We went labor day weekend and it was packed. I would advise upon checkin asking if your room has been renovated lately or not.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you had a great time.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
1st room we stayed in was dirty and a/c not working properly. We asked to change rooms and 2nd room newer and cleaner. We used to stay here years ago and it has gone downhill. Will never stay there again. Not worth $100 a night.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear your experience was not what you remembered. We are glad to hear however our staff was able to relocate you into a newer room.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Sue
"great oceanview location"
We had been to Ocean Annie's to party while staying at another location a few years ago. We loved that we could virtually stay on the property and find lots of fun . Heated outdoor pools were nice at night.I wouldnt take kids here cause its a place for adults to have fun and throw a few back. Thats why we went....to unwind and relax. Great stay.Housekeeping was very nice every day.We will be back next year! !
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your comments. We try our best to give our guests a great onsite experience. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
3 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
Janet
"Another Fun Year!"
We stay here every year at the same time of year and have a blast! We see lots of old friends we've made along the way and always meet new ones! If you are looking for a fun adult place to stay this is definitely what you're looking for!
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your review. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
4 night trip with friends Sep 3, 2014
"In bad need of repairs...."
Room keys stopped working several times... they didn't work for the parking garages either... kept having to go to front desk to get new keys... a lot of driving around trying the parking gates.... had to back into the middle of the street. Elevators not working .... stopping short of floors and doors closing on people... stop 6 inches short of floor and people tripping off of elevator.... Ice machines not working .. In one our rooms the air not working and the refrigerator didn't work... smelled of a burning smell....
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
D.
"Right on the Beach"
Location is awesome could not ask for better. Anything you might need to purchase is within walking distance. Hotel is old and it shows. The free water park etc that they advertise is somewhat misleading. Staff were not always the friendliness. Price and Location are the only two features I can give a good rating on for this hotel.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your comments. Our staff works hard to make every guests stay enjoyable. We will use your review to help improve customer service.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Anita
"Great for the price!!!"
Keeping in mind I got a great deal for my hotel room, this hotel was great. We had a great beach front room. Only complaints were the comfort of the mattress and having to pay for caffeinated coffee while decaf was free. Great location with lots of things to do for the family... it is a drive to get anywhere besides the hotel commodities and the beach. Friendly staff although not very helpful as far as visiting the free water park... Make sure you ask for details before going to water park, you need a wristband the hotel will give you, but only if you ask. We did have a great time and I would book with this hotel again... (but I would bring my own pillows!)
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We will use them to help better service our guests in the future.
1 night trip with friends Sep 1, 2014
Emily
"Great View"
Great room with a great view. Best stay yet.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you in the future.
5 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Don
"Thank goodness you only had to sleep there..."
It's what you would expect for the price point, but still disappointed in the cleanliness. Terrific ocean/beach view from the balcony facing the east. There were cigarette butts left on the balcony from the last occupants and housekeeping didn't bother to run the sweeper or change the linens during our entire stay. They started bringing clean towels after the 2nd night there and swept the bathroom tiles with a broom, but that was it. Glad I brought a can of Lysol. The "resort" is very outdated and the elevators incredibly slow. Very happy with the beach outside though - probably the best spot in that area. Ocean Annie's was a plus too. Great band that has been playing there for years and a nice place to dance and have drinks outdoors. Met a lot of happy people in the 40 age group during the last week of August. Breakfast was good, but very busy on Sunday mornings. About 1 mile away from Route 17 which is the road that has most of the places to eat and shop. Its an easy drive to get to Ocean Blvd and Broadway at the Beach from this hotel. First time at Myrtle Beach, but overall it was great trip and we all want to go back next year.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
GiGi
"Bad"
The room had a great view but there where dead bugs every where, cigarette burns in the bedding,carpet was gross. The coffee pot in our room was broken and we asked for another one 4 times and still did not get one. The staff was horrible and didn't seem to care. Great price but you get what you pay for!
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
kimmy
"not as close to sights"
took grand kids for their birthday they had a great time ! did not like pool towel policy will bring own beach towels next time.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your review. We are sorry you did not like the pool towel policy. These were put in place to guarantee our guests had towels and non guests did not take them.
2 night trip Jul 29, 2014
v. collins
"last stay"
i have been staying here for over 15 years. they now sensor ur internet usage, blocking undesirable sites. its my laptop and no one has the right to sensor my laptop. love ocean annies music, but will find another hotel next august
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for your comments. Sorry you did not like the policy on internet usage. We try to keep sites that cause viruses at bay.
5 night trip Aug 24, 2014
don
"Myrtle Bch stay"
Loved the Ocean Club Resort. The hotel's pool side bar & lazy river are a lot of fun. Very friendly Hotel Staff.
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
2 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
Maria M
We had a great time, had to request towels a couple of times, overall, very nice time, we have stayed with you before and will again.!!
Response by Sands Ocean Club Resort
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry you experienced problems with towels. We will have that fixed for your next stay.
4 night family trip Aug 24, 2014
Julia
"Great location and entertainment; room rundown."
It was as expected since I was familiar with the hotel. Rooms are rundown and quality of maintenance and repair is poor. Had to call for bath towels twice.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
andy
"Late summer vacation"
Second time staying here, and this trip was even better than the first. Right on the beach and close to everything. Free lunch on the beach is added bonus. Room was recently updated with new furniture and a large flat screen. We were oceanfront on the 16th floor with an amazing view for the fireworks.
3 night romance trip Aug 25, 2014
Russ
"On the beach..relaxing."
Hotel was perfect for family and the amenities were a plus.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
monique
"We love it."
Everyone was so nice and helpful. The room was great. I will come back to this place.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
J
"great weekend getaway"
we had an AWESOME time. took the kids for a weekend getaway, spent most of time in lazy river and 2 pools, on the beach, great hotel for the price. housekeeping very nice and hardworking.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
L Jones
"Enjoyed our stay!"
We took a short one-night two-day trip to Myrtle Beach and stayed at the Sands Ocean Club Resort. It was perfect for a short visit because of all the things to do right there at the hotel. We enjoyed all of the amenities; indoor and outdoor pools, lazy river, hot tub, Annie's club, Annie's Convenience Store, and the River City cafe overlooking the pool and beach. The burgers were to die for!! We even went to the gym! The view from our room was spectacular and beach access was perfect. We would absolutely stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014