All hotels in Destin, Florida, United States of America
1040 Hwy 98 East, Destin, FL, 32541, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"1st time to Destin & I loved it!!"
Me & the hubby decided to get away for a little relaxing weekend. I must say it was exactly that! The room was tastefully decorated, very comfortable, quiet & ocean facing. We stayed on the 10th floor which we loved! We were high enough up to really enjoy the view & you could really see the variations of color in the ocean. We went two weeks after spring break & it was great! There weren't tons of people in the hotel, the beach nor the pools. The hotel had 4 working elevators so we didn't have to wait long for it to arrive. It also had free movie rentals down stairs in the lobby. The movie selection was current & not a bunch of old stuff. The beach was absolutely fabulous! It was 73 degrees, breezy, & not a cloud in the sky. We rented two chairs & an umbrella for 30$ a day (or 20$ for a half day) which I felt was totally worth it because we didn't have to lug a bunch of stuff down to the beach... Besides it was a mini vacation after all. I will definitely be coming back!
3 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
"Good place to stay"
Excellent view, close to everything. Friendly staff. Plenty of parking.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Jimmy
"Unfriendly employee"
Everything was great.except for one employee that worked at the desk on day shift. She treated us as if we weren't suppose to be there. She need to be more professional & friendly when it comes to quest.
7 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
BARBARA
"Great location on the beach!"
First time visit to the gulf coast side. Walked out door and on the beach. Such a beautiful beach. We had a ocean view room it was not oceanfront but was still very nice. Kitchen needs to be equipped with baking pans and skillets but overall nice room and great location. Would return!
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
SheShe
"Nice condo."
Nice condo.
3 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"It was nice, well located..."
We stayed in Condo 810. It was a little dated, but was nice. View was great, sounds of the waves very nice and everything we needed was within minutes if not a walk away. The staff were very nice and we never had any problems. Closest thing to a complaint I have is the DVD's they offer in the lobby kiosks were often scratched to the point you couldn't watch an entire movie. But, they were free so not much a big deal for me. The bed was comfortable and kitchen did what we needed it do. Grocery and shopping all within minutes and plenty of restaurants in the area. Beach is right out the back door. If you want to use their umbrellas though, be prepared to see a loan-shark prior to your arrival as they are $30/half day for two chairs. We used the pool (free) and just as nice. I would recommend this place for future visits.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Nice, clean and pretty condo"
When we arrived the main lobby looked a little dark due to little ligthing but it was clean and well maintained. My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the condo. The condo was very clean and well decorated. We would definitely go back and stay here again in the future!!
Elyse
"Suited our needs perfectly"
I was there for a competition with my granddaughters and the hotel was well situated to the places we needed to be. price was good and beach was beautiful. Pools are nice too. I know it was off season, but we had to go out for breakfast and the gift shop is closed on Sunday, so no coffee anywhere. The Unit was fine for us. The staff was very accommodating and we enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Great hotel close to beach"
This was our first stay at this hotel and it exceeded our expectations from the moment we walked in. Everyone was so friendly and the cafe, arcade, and free movie rentals were a plus! The pools, hot tub, and splash pad were clean and fun. The room was clean and comfortable and we had a beautiful view from the balcony since the hotel is right on the beach. My family didn't have one complaint at all!
Nikki
"Nice and great beach access"
Had fun was a great place with a friendly staff. The condo was remodeled
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Nice hotel. Beautiful view of the ocean"
We had a nice pleasant stay here. I thought the room could be a little larger but it was sufficient. We did have problems with the television in the den area. Never got it to work. I called the front desk to inquire about the operations and was told to turn it on. Great way to state the obvious.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Toni
"Nice hotel near the beach"
Hotel was very clean, staff was helpful. Beach, restaurants and shopping very close. Love the area! Will be back soon!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Judi
"Time Share Condo Rental. Not a Resort!"
Desk staff were unprofessional upon arrival. Appeared more interested in continuing to gossip rather than assist customers. Amenities were very sparse. Extra linens are not obtainable. Beach chairs & umbrellas are $30 a day rentals. The location is better than average as there are restaurants you can walk to and the cafe downstairs was pretty decent. However, the name Wyndham and the title "resort" should not be associated with this place. It is an older condo building of time-shares. Would be a good deal at $100 less a night than what I paid. I expected something a lot more upscale at this price point, especially with a decline in spring break travelers.
3 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"Nice hotel close to beach"
I was a little disappointed about my view and noise outside my room in the mornings. Overall decent place to staY...clean rooms.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Ivee
"Nice unit, beautiful view of the Gulf"
Our one bedroom unit was very clean and functional for the two of us. Did not have a hair dryer but the front desk supplied one quickly. Everything else we needed was there for us.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"its on the beach, but that's it"
We were there for 5 days and at no time did the trash cans in the room get emptied , and at no time did the towels get replaced with clean ones , totally not a place for us to visit again . NO HOUSEKEEPING staff was ever in our room the 5 days we were there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Massage service needs to be removed , we paid a good amount for a massage and she didn't know what she was doing, all we got is pulled and tugged and no clue of a real massage to our body's and actually we felt worse shape after her tugging and pulling , we complained at front desk and that was a waste of time, we were told she was there 20 yrs. and I think of all the people that wasted there money like we did , I guess as long as she pays her rent on room she is allowed by management to rip people off for her so called service , anyone that has had a real message would agree she should have been replaced 20 yrs. ago.
Response by SunDestin Beach Resort by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Thank you for your feedback about your stay. As we are a condominium, we offer daily maid service for a minimal fee. These services can be scheduled through our front desk at any time. The massage is a third party vendor and I will definitely be forwarding on your concerns to them directly.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
I have already checked into renting a unit again.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Nice hotel on the beach."
Great hotel on the beach. Friendly staff. Great locations. Clean rooms.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
GH
"Great views of the beach"
While the hotel was OK some of the areas were old and a bit run down
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Texas Traveler
"It was very nice, the room was clean an very roomy"
The room was clean an roomy an the stuff was very nice a helpful..the private beach was clean an very nice...will stay there again
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Grown-Up Getaway"
The location of this condo is truly what makes it a great stay! I know the seasons have a lot to do with what is available during your stay, but the condo seemed very desolate. We came during a spring weekend with a horrible cold front. The pool, when a few kids are added, was on the smaller side. Not being able to be on the beach made the size of the pool a bit of an issue when it normally wouldn't be. The living, dining and kitchen rooms were great with a full facing patio that everyone is looking for when staying at the beach. The bedroom, however, had a mattress that was entirely too worn and although we were in a Non-Smoking room, our bedding and bathroom had this unavoidable stench of cigarette smoke. Overall, a bit outdated but a good fare for what the place is worth.
3 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
"Anniversary Trip"
We loved the location in Destin-close to anything we needed or wanted to do. Loved the close proximity to the beach, friendly staff, quiet, very family friendly, and great for kids, loved having the restaurant/ bar area in the lobby. Would highly recommend this resort to anyone!!
Katie
"Couch in 1718: It needs to be replaced,"
Was great, loved the hotel the kids had blast will book again
Dottie
"Nice condo and convenient to local attractions."
The condo is nice, friendly staff, and overall a good experience. The weather was chilly and windy and the main reason I selected this condo is because of the indoor pool. The indoor pool was closed for maintenance one day. There are many attractions nearby, however the traffic on Hwy 98 is brutal and it takes a while to merge into the traffic. Perhaps the congestion was due to spring break. Walking is much faster than driving if your destination is a mile or less. If you are going to use one of the 5 gas grills, you have to trade your room key in for a grill lighter and a valve handle to turn on the gas... So, you have to be prepared to stay with the grill from light off to taking your food off of the grill. I don't know what's up with that. I guess they have experienced people coming off of the street or beach just to use their grills.
Randy
"Good but not the best."
Our first time I'm destin I would say the hotel was ok, live the bed it was a king size bed cofortable but the sofa bed not so cofortable, was very clean, pool area was ok overall it was a good stay we love that it was right on the ocean.
4 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Angela
"Great family vacation!"
When we arrived at the resort the staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in was quick. The room was on the 17th floor. When I opened the door I was more than pleased! My family was so proud of the place that I chose. We had everything that we wanted and more. The view was absolutely breathtaking! I will definitely stay again!
Kele
"Great location & our room was beachside view"
We did a last minute couples getaway (we have 5 kids) and wanted relaxation & we definitely got that! Great place to stay!
erica G
"A very nice long weekend stay on the beach"
The SunDestin is in a great location, right on the beach and our view was great. The room we stayed in was comfortable and clean but could stand to be updated. Also, it seemed as though most units had a washer & dryer but the one we were in did not. We only stayed for a long weekend. Had we stayed longer, a washer and dryer would have been a must! The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend to those not looking for plush accommodations but a great location at a good price.
3 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
Lori
First time down there and we in joyed it we will go back
3 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
"Awesome"
We enjoyed every minute of our stay especially with free DVD rentals.
3 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
"A great place to stay"
SunDestin is the perfect place for a family friendly vacation. Great service, friendly staff and the accommodations were very nice. We will be back!!
5 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Virgil
"Beware of the Beach Costs"
This hotel does not inform you that you will be charged 30.00 per day additional to sit on the beach, and all lounge chairs and umbrellas are removed at 4:00pm. This is the cost of a cheap hotel. I paid 1500.00 for a condo for a week. That price should include the cost to sit on the beach. Hotel staff was limited to one person. For seven days there was always 10 to 20 people lined up at the front desk. Check out time is also 10:00 am instead of noon like most hotels.
5 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Greg
"SunDestin"
Hotel is old and looks like it's on its last renovation before shutting the doors for good. The room was clean. Bed was hard as a rock. The view off the balcony makes you forget everything and take in that beautiful view that put Destin on the map. With that said I cannot say I would stay there again.
3 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
bobby
"disappointed with hotel"
Was very disappointed with the service this year and SunDestin resort. Last year was absolutely perfect, I had a nice room, with a great view....made a happy family vacation. I got to my room this year and I had NO view at all. So I told the front desk clerk my concern and asked her if I could possibly get the same room that I had last year. I paid the same price and she told me that I should've made the request when I made the reservation and I needed to call hotel.com. Bottom line is I was not given another room and it made my trip less exciting. It would be difficult to uses hotels.com again knowing that I went through all of this.
4 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Crystal
"Spring Break Getaway"
SunDestin was perfect for our needs. Great location for restaurants, shopping, and tourism in Destin. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Access to the beach was fantastic. I would recommend this location for anyone looking to for a family getaway but trying to maintain a reasonable budget.
5 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Great location..right on the beach...but everything about this hotel screams cheapness.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Overall we had a great time. The view was pleasant and overall the hotel met my expectations. The negatives were the gathering room furniture was very uncomfortable. Also my oldest daughter had a issue with one of the hotel staff. This staff member was not helpful to her.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
jb
"SunDestin"
My husband and I stayed here for the first time. The area was really nice and the beach access was awesome.. The only thing is they need to do some updating on furniture. We were very pleased with the surroundings, indoor pool, outdoor pool, hot tub, access to the private beach. The workers at check-in were very pleasant and informative. The location is close to all activities and eating establishments.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Kimberly
"great stay."
Absolutely loved the the time I stayed there. My family and I were so comfortable that we did not want to leave. I loved the fact the hotel had private beach access so we did not have to drive for access. The room made my family and I feel at home with the kitchen and separate bedrooms. I think the only negative was my husband and I were questioned by security about our age and asked if we were under 18 and where was our wristbandS. It got to a point where the security officer guy was being rude about it when we told him we was 26.
4 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
"Nice room overlooking the Gulf"
Very nice place right on the gulf. We paid a little extra to have the panoramic view and it was well worth it. You will see huge tax and fees added on before you confirm but it balances the relatively low rates quoted. You will need to bring sugar salt and pepper if you need them. Room lacked a hair dryer which was tough on the wife. Will gladly go back. Walmart 2 miles away and lots of good local restaurants. Be sure to pick up a restaurant brochure in the vestibule as they offer tons of coupons for your meals. Free DVD rentals (2 at a time with no daily limit) was a wonderful surprise. Could have included more romcoms but this is really getting overkill on the fine-tuning.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Very good experience I had a shirt stay but enjoyed it
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Loved room 1735"
Loved room 1735!!!!
2 night trip Mar 15, 2015
Kimberly
Great family vacation resort. Great for adults and great for children.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"vacation"
Perfect place to relax...
3 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
ricardo
"Perfect weekend"
Customer service was FANTASTIC, above and beyond anything I've experienced before. They even found a place for us to put our SUP boards, so we wouldn't have to leave them on top of the car or lug them up to the room. And the views, of course, are gorgeous. Private beach surrounded by private beaches of other resorts, so even in spring break craziness, it wasn't too crowded. Loved it.
2 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Great beach. Close to restaurants. Great place to stay
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Fun in the Sun"
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourself at Sun Destin and will defiantly return to this facility.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Katie
"Awesome location"
Overall good stay. Most of the furniture in the room was average but some like the sofa nd mattresses were a bit run down. The bathrooms seemed clean but had a musty smell.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Cc Martinez
We really enjoyed our stay here.. it was worth every time we spent. I will definitely return again. The view was amazing. The workers were extremely nice.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Great location, great staff, great rooms !! Hot tub always crowded, should be no kids allowed. Will defiantly return to this location. Would recommend
Other trip Mar 15, 2015