All hotels in Montague, Michigan, United States of America
4527 Dowling St, Montague, MI, 49437, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Love the Weathervane Inn"
We enjoyed our stay at the Weathervane Inn very much. Our room was above and beyond our expectations. Wonderful staff and our room was emaculate. We can't wait to go back.
2 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
April
"Nice and dog friendly"
little expensive but just loved it. Mainly went their as it was dog friendly. It was very nice.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Siddharth
This hotel is right on the Marina and has a very nice views over the lake, not cheap in the summer at a resort town. The room has a hot tub in it. Its a clean room with microwave, toaster oven, some silverware, you could fix your own food in your room. It is a dog friendly place which is nice for dog owners, but you can hear some barking at night. The breakfast was minimal but well taken care of.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Donald
"Great getaway"
This was a beautiful property. The front desk clerk was very helpful and friendly with helping us plan our activities and locate fishing spots. We would definitely love to visit again.
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Was surprised how nice the hotel was. Rooms were large and nicely updated. Staff was friendly.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2015
Kimberly
"Honeymoon-like Experience"
We were driving north and just stopped in town to grab some dinner. Our waiter insisted that we stay overnight in this town, and recommended this hotel. We got a great last minute rate and a wonderful surprise upon our arrival. The room was gorgeous with a fireplace and a hot tub. The paint and carpet was brand new, and we had a great view overlooking the marina. We really enjoyed the personal touches, including freshly baked cookies at 8pm.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Todd
"Super Hotel"
EXCELLENT Great Staff and warm cosy room. Loved it.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
The hotel was perfect in every way! The location and the town were simply splendid!
3 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
"I would not recommend this hotel."
We expected a better quality hotel for the price. The jacuzzi drain would not hold water so we were unable to use the jacuzzi during our 3 day stay. Also, the jacuzzi jet controls were broken. Even if we could have used it, we wouldn't have been able to adjust the jets. There were hundreds of dead bugs in the light fixture over the eating table. The room was extremely small compared to other hotels of comparable price. The continental breakfast was very sparce. There were very few items to choose from. On the other hand, the staff did a superb job making us feel welcome and the 8pm cookies were a delightful treat for the kids.
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
troy
We were only there for a short stay before a camping trip but it was a very nice place. The hot tub was sizable and it looked very new throughout.
1 night trip with friends Jun 24, 2015
Gabriel
"Great for couples"
This is the second time my husband and I have gone to the hotel. It is very peaceful and a romantic place to go. Many little towns around and Muskegeon nearby. I would recommend to all adults not for kids. My husband left a shirt in the room when we left and in 2 days we received it in the mail. Did not know that it was even missing. We called to thank them for the courtesy.
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Lesley
"Stay here!!"
We loved this hotel. Highly recommended a stay here. The back patio overlooks the lake, and is a perfect spot to enjoy a glass of wine as the sun sets.It 2as the perfect mini-getaway for my husband & I.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Nothing fancy but good stay. Staff check in took a little longer than usual but presented no problem. Convenient location.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Our stay"
The hot baked cookies were a delighful addition
2 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
"Very nice, gas fireplace adds a nice cozy touch!"
We stayed there to check it out for a possible future wedding party. They are totally booked up for our July dates so I guess we won't be able to use it.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
WildBarbara
"Very relaxing"
Very relaxing with fireplace and jetted tub in our room. Just what we needed.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"Felt like home!"
We absolutely loved our stay! Even in the winter time! The staff is amazing and so accommodating! The room was SO clean & so cozy!!
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Kirby
"A wonferful random stay"
My husband and I just decided to stay here because of the low winter rate, and we are so glad we did! The room was beautiful, clean, and had a nice note welcoming us from the staff. The hot tib in the room worked great and staid warm, the fireplace just added that romatic element to the room. Our random stay turned into a wonderful night :) highly recommend this Inn
1 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
Jeanette
"winter get a way"
Vary cute place. Let's u have pets for a small fee. would stay agine
2 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
"Lovebird winter retreat"
Perfect cozy nook to hang your hat for the night. Bed was divine, fireplace and hot tub were a nice touch. Kendra and Cindy were nice.
2 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Ryan
"Last minute wonderful surprise."
I had an amazing stay at the Weathervane Inn. Beautiful location, awesome staff and excellent room. Very relaxing. I will definitely stay there again.
2 night family trip Jan 25, 2015
"Great Getaway!!"
I needed a get regenerate me time. This was the perfect place to go! I enjoyed the hot tube and fireplace also part of the room amenities.
1 night trip Dec 23, 2014
Sophia
We were looking for a place for a quiet, relaxing getaway....the Weathervane Inn did not disappoint!
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Sophie
"Great recharging/relaxing getaway!"
This is one of our favorite getaway places! Love the rooms, love the view! Don't miss a drive around white lake to Lake Michigan and the dunes. Beautiful!
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
Cathy
"Mini trip"
had a very nice stay
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
christine
Very, very nice hotel centrally located for what we wanted to do in the area.
2 night trip Oct 12, 2014
"nice stay"
We had a great time. The area is beautiful! I would have liked a 2nd floor room for the view and more quiet
1 night trip with friends Oct 5, 2014
linda
I did not check out things to do there before booking. Because it was rainy and cooler, we went to the show, watched a movie in the room, went to the farmers indoor market, and Pritkins drug store. The Harbor Grill had good food. There was not much else to do, so we canceled our last night there and left for home.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Susnne
"Nice getaway place"
Beautiful room. Great staff.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
David and Karen
"Cute inn"
We picked this hotel because it was cheaper than staying at the Comfort Inn nearby, and I'm glad we did. Even though the room faced the parking lot it was a very big room on the second floor. Everything was up to par. We were barely there during the day so we didn't get to walk around the inn or use their other facilities. We would definitely stay here again, as long as we get a room on the second floor. Unfortunately, some rooms on the first floor face the lobby and the area where they place the continental breakfast, and I can see how that can disturb the guests staying in those rooms. I enjoyed the Michigan Cherry Coffee in the morning and some of the pastries. And at 8pm they make chocolate chip cookies for the guests. Overall we had a great experience.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Heidy
"Nice hotel, fair experiance."
The hotel is a little old and goes for the "old-seaman-hangout" vibe. Its right on the dock so has a nice view. But even though we paid premium price for our one night stay, we felt like we were over paying for the overall condition of the hotel. Please note that the night was during the labor day weekend. We got the room that was right next the check in desk, with breakfast being served right outside our door, so it was little noisy and did not feel private. But other than that, the room was nice and the hot tub was great. The breakfast was a 2 out of 5.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
"What a great place to relax"
Beautiful hotel -- lovely room with a great view. Very relaxing! Breakfast was the only thing that wasn't stellar -- just the typical hotel continental breakfast.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Super family destination for bikes, food and relax"
We had a great time in every way. Waterfront beauty, lovely room with a big, comfy tub, bike trail right outside, and great food and lovely parks and beaches in every direction. We'll be back.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
NC
"Family Vacation"
Very nice Inn. Close to Michigan Adventure. Staff pleasant and helpful. Would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Like Sleeping With the Lights on All Night"
I got no sleep at all. The lights from the exterior of the building shone into the room all night and the blinds did not keep the light out. It was like trying to sleep with the lights on in the room. The breakfast was anemic. Other than the make-your-own-waffles, it's prepackaged, heavily preserved, mass produced bread, muffins, bagels. Other than the oranges, it was all white flour carbs. Also, the Wi-Fi does not work in every room. I had no Wi-Fi in my room the entire stay (it worked if I went into the lobby). When I went to check out, I mentioned the light situation and that I had no sleep (the primary reason you get a hotel room for the night, right?). The woman at the front desk was very nice and apologetic about it, and gave me a coupon for a future stay (and a pet fee waiver). That made me feel a little better until I got home and saw that it is only good in the off season (i.e., winter). I have no interest in staying right off of Lake Michigan in the dead of winter. That really just ticked me off, because then that became all about benefitting the hotel (by getting another customer in in their off season), and *not* about rectifying the fact that I had an unpleasant stay. I've stayed here before, but this was probably my last time, especially considering how expensive it is compared to other comparable hotels (which I'd describe as Michigan mid-range).
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Enjoyed our stay"
We enjoyed a few days away and everything was great except the room smelled musty and the jetted tub was stained. Everyone was friendly. Having all the bike trails right outside were awesome! We would consider going back for sure.
2 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
Troy
"Excellent place ro stay!"
This place was very nice. Clean, great service, and fair price for the area. Room was large too. Perfect for cycling as it's right on the trail. Bonus, fresh baked cookies in the evening.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Mary Beth
"Excellent service and great stay"
The staff was great. The room was very large and comfortable. The hotel is pet friendly, but there was no evidence of pet smell. Overall, a great stay.
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
"Great place to stay for a romantic getaway"
We had a wonderful stay at the Weathervane Inn. The room was spacious with plenty of amenities including a jacuzzi tub, fireplace, and mini-kitchen with some basic tools to prepare a meal. Breakfast was great, and they baked fresh cookies every night around 7, so the hallways always smelled wonderful. The bed was mostly comfortable, my only issue was the sheets were not very soft, and the bed was firmer than I liked but my significant other was fine with it. Plenty of pillows to go around. When the pull-out couch was out, it really made the room cramped, but it was perfect for my 2 kids to sleep on. The balcony off the room gave us a perfect view of the antique car parade that went right past our building. The balcony itself could use some sanding and refinishing though, so make sure you wear shoes. The location is nice, close to Silver Lake which is where we were aiming to go. There is a nice clothing shop on site, and it's just across the street from other shopping as well as the grocery store. Overall, an excellent stay. Only thing that would have made it better is if we had gotten the adjoining room to stick the kids in so the adults could have some privacy. I would say this is the ideal place for a romantic getaway for a couple. If you bring the kids, plan to get the adjoining room otherwise you'll be tripping over each other. I definitely recommend this place.
3 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Alina
Wife & I had a great 2 nights there, Found the book nook & java shop next was a great hang out
2 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Doc
"Turn off the spotlights and it would be perfect"
Great hotel, only two complaints: 1) there were some spotlights on the hotel's sign outside our room that shown straight into our room *all night long* and were rather annoying (plus no blackout drapes). 2) there were no ceramic mugs in the kitchenette and no hot water at breakfast, we are tea drinkers and running water run through a coffee pot for tea is pretty gross (we eventually worked it out using other drinking glasses in the microwave). All in all, given the opportunity, we would love to go back for a longer stay.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Very nice and clean. The best part was the view of the harbor. Quiet and cozy! Wonderful cherry flavored coffee in the lobby. Paved walking trails right out the front door.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"A gem in Whitehall/Montague"
We were up in Whitehall visiting my son at Owasippe. I am very familiar with the area and have passed the Weathervane hundreds of times. I booked it based on others reviews and was not disappointed. Our room was ready, clean, had a great view and breakfast was offered in the morning. The hotel is pet-friendly which is why we picked it. Plenty of space to walk the dog, and absolutely no "evidence" of pets around the hotel. We had a great room that slept 4 comfortably. Will definitely book again for next month!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Gail
1) It would be better if 24 hour fitness room is equipped as most of other hotels are. 2) I booked for two other guests in addition to myself. We needed separate check and payment; however, hotel did not give us receipt and told me to get it from Hotel.com. Besides all three rooms were charged on my single credit card, which was extremely inconvenient for our settlement.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2014
"Peaceful and relaxing getaway"
The inn was a nice and relaxing place to stay. It was peaceful and quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only thing we noticed were brown rings around our tub. Otherwise, everything was great.
2 night romance trip May 30, 2014
"Ok hotel but the staff was rude"
I was a great place big room really nice! Had a fireplace and a nice tub! I loved the stay. I didnt care for some of the staff attuditied on things, came off snobby and that should of never happened. Other than that it was ok stay. The breakfast was cereal, waffle, muffins, and toast. Wasn't much to choose from but still like the stay.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Great hotel~"
This was a really nice hotel. A few minor things with the room... We were expecting a double shower but ended up in what I would guess was a handicap room with a fold down seated shower. It was okay just awkward even for one person in the shower! There was a bulb burned out in the bathroom and the toilet ran constantly unless you jiggled the handle just right (we did mention this and was told just to jiggle it and it was fine) um, okay?! The staff was fairly friendly except for the girl who told me that (she didn't really seem to care about more than the book she was reading). The room itself was really nice- The fridge didn't stay very cold but it was usable. The rooms were not insulated well and you could hear a lot of other noise throughout the hotel. The fact that the breakfast bar was right outside the rooms was weird. We ended up taking our breakfast to our room which was okay. The hotel is located right next to a bike trail that leads to the Hart/Montague trail and that was really nice. There was nothing special about the breakfast just pastry's, cereal, yogurt and fruit. They did put cookies out at night that were so-so. The rest of the town was pretty dull. Not a lot to offer. Probably would not come back here again just because of that. We drove to Ludington for the day on Sunday and it was a fairly nice drive. If you are staying here for hotel only, I would recommend but not if you are wanting a "lake" town experience.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Very nice hotel, only thing it is missing is an indoor pool. Will definitely go back.
2 night business trip May 4, 2014
"romance on a budget"
Fireplace, Jacuzzi, Lake view, Comfortable room...... We were celebrating our anniversary and this place did not disappoint. less expensive and way nicer then a chain hotel.
1 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2014
"Beautiful view of the lake"
Everything was wonderful only downfall room was right across from front desk which was a disappointment. Would definitley stay again just a different room.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014