All hotels in Walnut Creek, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2079 MT. Diablo Boulevard, Walnut Creek, CA, 94596, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Stay"
Staff friendly and helpful would make direct reservations next time
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"An okay stay, but a lot of problems."
The neighborhood it's located in is great and convenient. It's located very close to places to eat and public transits within walking distance. They're nicely sized rooms for a short stay and with free Wifi and daily room service. The cons on the other hands, the rooms are very outdated (outdated Televisions and they still use VCRs?) and there is some damage to the floors and walls that need to be repaired. The beds are very uncomfortable - and while the location is convenient, the walls are very thin. So if you don't hear your neighbors in the other rooms, you're going to hear the traffic all night, so hopefully you brought a small fan to block out the noise. There also are no small fridges for your drinks and there are no microwaves in the rooms - so if you have food or drinks, I wouldn't recommend bringing it with you unless you plan on eating it the same day because there's no way of keeping it fresh. I would recommend this hotel only if you are needing something more affordable, or your trip is very short. Otherwise if you can spare a few extra dollars, I would take the other hotels nearby.
4 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Jordan
"Walking distance to shopping, dining and movies!"
Small, "Mom & Pop" type of hotel. We have stayed here 3 yrs. now. Rooms clean, excellent location, wonderfully helpful staff.
2 night business trip Jan 24, 2014
L. King
"Nice Place for convenience"
Staff were marvelous. Toilet needed maintenance. Morning breakfast was fine. Location was terrific. I will go back again when I am in the area.
2 night family trip Dec 20, 2013
Jan Kader
Ok but rooms small and outdated and window in bathroom has open view to outside
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2013
"Older property, but well maintained"
This property is older in the style of 50's and 60's motor inns. Desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. Desk is closed at night - I believe the owner works the desk herself. Rooms were dated, but clean and well maintained. TV's were a challenge, but once you figured it out it worked well. There is a little freeway noise, but not a problem for me. Overall, I enjoyed my stay - location was very convenient.
2 night business trip Nov 19, 2013
"Inexpensive motel close to BART and good food"
When I visit friends or attend an event in the Bay Area, I stay here. I usually travel alone, and I like to keep expenses low. The Walnut Creek BART station, a Safeway store, a Hertz location, and lots of restaurants are within walking distance. The rooms are clean. Amenities are minimal, and the TV didn't work well, but I don't sit in my room and watch TV on a vacation.
4 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Keith
"o.k. place"
It was fine for the price. Close to town
1 night trip Nov 4, 2013
"The place smells awful."
First, the lobby and rooms all smell like old mold hidden by some sanitizer. The thought of eating the "free breakfast" was revolting, but fortunately not a concern as it was not offered until 7:30 AM, by which time anyone conducting business around Walnut Creek has been gone for an hour. It is a bare-bones motel at an upscale rate. Friends will not let friends stay there.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
"left early"
We did not even stay overnight- left early. Our room backed up to residential backyards, and in one of them a dog kept barking. This really concerned me as I felt the dog was being neglected and left outside. We left around 11 pm .
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Tracy
"business trip one night"
clue is Inn, quaint and old. quite disappointed in the quality if the room. everything is old, bed ,tv bathroom!
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
"Nice stop over"
Nice place for a one night stay. Staff very nice.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2013
Craig
"Clean & Cozy hotel"
During our staying, the hotel staff are very helpful ,our room was very clean and also break fast are so delicious .So these reasons made our staying experience so memorable.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Perfect Hotel for a quick business trip or stay. Staff is very accommodating and room has all the basic necessities. However, it's a little dated and needs a little more attention to cleanliness of bathroom ceilings. But overall a good value for the price.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2013
"Disgusting!"
It appears that this property has not had even the slightest basic upgrades in 20 years. There was a VCR in the room for goodness sake. The cleanliness of the bedspread was questionable. The front door was filthy and in poor repair. The furniture was stained and also filthy. Various construction tools were strewn about the property and looked as though they had not been touched in years. The "breakfast" was a Costco special with bread still in the original wrappers. The ice machine next to our room was in poor repair and very noisy. The office was filthy and in complete disarray. I definatly would not recommend this property for anything except demolition and replacement with a real hotel. Believe it or not, the intense freeway noise was the highlight of our stay.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
BRC
Personnel at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. A small house behind had barking dogs. Not sure if this was part of the Inn. Our room had comfortable chairs, a flat scrren, small refrigerator and microwave. VCR library at the front desk was very good. Breakfast could be improved upon, bread was frozen etc. Air conditioner was very noisy! We would return as we did not spend much time in the Inn and the price was right.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Would stay again"
Nice hotel, clean, bed did not scare me with stains, slept peacefully. Was given a handicap room, not sure why. Front desk kid was very friendly. Close to downtown Walnut Creek. Only thing was 3 days prior to my arrival the hotel called and asked me if I was going to confirm my stay. I told her i did not know what she meant, she said i had to call and confirm otherwise they would give my room away? I travel often and never call the hotel before i arrive, i simply arrive. She told me they had a waiting list. I told her of course i still wanted my room. She asked when I would be arriving and i told her why all the questions, i booked the room, i paid for the room, end of story. I will stay again though.
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2013
Alicia
"Old mattresses, few outlets for electronics."
Directly off highway 24 in Walnut Creek, the room on the 2nd floor got all the highway noises. The room was also located adjacent to the trash dumpster, so we were awakened by the garbage truck at 6 a.m. The hotel is old and has not been updated in decades, the beds were worn out and the pillows flat and hard. The water ran hot and cold throughout morning showers and the lights flickered constantly. The air conditioning unit was falling out of it's hole in the wall and was barely able to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. The room had a microwave and a refrigerator, but no in room coffee and I have no idea where the ice machine was or even if they had one. It was conveniently located in Walnut Creek and the continental breakfast was fresh fruit, cereal, muffins or boiled eggs, which was nice.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Very enjoyable stay in a beautiful city! Close enough to San Francisco but without the crowds.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"Comfy Stay in Walnut Creek"
I was looking for inexpensive accommodations in the East Bay that were close to BART. Diablo Mountain Inn is about a 15 minute walk from the BART station. The facility is small, and an older property. But, despite being at the junction of two freeway systems, the rooms are very quiet. Everything worked in the room, although the television was a bit of a challenge.
2 night business trip Aug 6, 2013
"NOT AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE"
The best things about this motel are its location right off the freeway and the convenience of a gas station just across the street. The staff were also friendly and helpful. What was very disappointing, however, was the condition of the room. There were small holes in the bathroom wall where a hair-drier had apparently hung. A strip of wall-paper was missing near the bed. There was no lamp near the reading chair. The air-conditioner was old and unreliable. The bed was merely acceptable. In addition, the exterior of the building looked very run-down, with unpainted plywood convering who-knows-what. I had stayed in this motel before, some years ago, and didn't hesitate to go back, but I won't be staying there again. I'm sure there are better options in Walnut Creek.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
"Probably not coming back"
Very noisy with freeway out the back. Old construction lets the noise in.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2013
"Great place to stay if using BART"
Great locations, lots of good places to eat around. Does not look too great from the outside, but its not bad at all.
10 night business trip Apr 21, 2013
Nathan
"older facility, but clean + safe"
this facility is old and has a large amount of wear but they do a good job keeping it clean and making small repairs. It is also directly under the highway but i didn't notice the noise inside my room. the location is safe and convenient to the highways. there aren't restaurants in the immediate area but it is a 10 minute walk to the main drag with everything you may want or even the bart station.
3 night business trip Apr 30, 2013
"Great Place"
I was a bit nervous as I'm a newbie to travel and hotels. I easily booked a room at the Inn through Expedia.com. It's a two hour drive from home to the hotel, but check in was easy and quick (very pleasant receptionist#. The room was laid out nearly perfectly #I couldn't open the refrigerator where it was placed under the desk). The room was quite comfortable. Although the Inn is near a freeway, I found it very quiet and I felt safe. Nice location for where I needed to go...easily two minutes to the studio and two minutes back to the hotel. I have the need to travel once or twice a month to the same area for the next several months and will definitely be staying at the Inn every time. Check out was just as easy and quick, and again, the receptionist was pleasant and friendly.
Other trip Apr 26, 2013
Karyn
"great budget hotel"
A great, less expensive option for the walnut creek area. The decor is a bit dated but well-kept and clean.
2 night business trip Apr 3, 2013
Gerrit
"Good hotel!"
It was nice and quiet. The location was super close to shopping boutiques and not so far from public transportation(BART).
Other trip Mar 30, 2013
"Family visit"
We enjoyed our stay at this little hotel. It was right under a freeway. We thought it would be noisy Nd it wasn't. The heater was louder. The bed was ok. The bathroom was clean and refurbished. We had plenty of space so overall it was a comfortable stay. We liked being close to my family and having our own space. They are one of the few hotels in the area that didn't charge for parking which was a nice benefit. We will stay again.
3 night trip Feb 15, 2013
"Slept well"
Surprising little rest spot under the freeway. Clerks are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is simple but filling. Thanks
2 night trip Mar 19, 2013
Alice
After I checked in and entered my room, a middle aged woman started screaming at me to get out of my room immediately because she was painting the walkway. I had dropped my belongings inside already and and turned to retrieve my purse to leave and she continued screaming at me to not go in, I retrieved my purse and left my bags inside and left. She called the receptionist and started screaming at him for allowing me to check in early. The receptionist came and apologize and said he would move my belongings to another room. Other than this incident, the furnishings were old, the towels frayed, the bed was not the most comfortable and they withheld $25 from my credit card 'until they see that nothing happened in the room'. I would never go back again.
2 night trip Mar 15, 2013
"Yuk"
Room was spotless but extremely dated and right under the freeway overpass. Staff had so so attitude when checking in with a crazy disclosure forms that needed to be signed. The hotel is sorely in need of updating with lots of deferred maintenance. Look elsewhere!
Other trip Mar 13, 2013
Jonathan
"Good locaton, reasonable price, friendly staff"
I stayed a night and a day and had a very pleasant time. Location was perfect for the meeting I had in Walnut Creek, and commute from there to San Francisco the next day was very easy given proximity to BART. Price was the best I could find for the area. Most importantly, the staff were extremely nice and accommodating, despite my checking in at nearly 10PM. Breakfast was also great!
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2013
Did not enjoy - too noisy, old and too expensive for what we got!
1 night trip Feb 2, 2013
"Good value, decent room, lots of freeway noise"
The title says it all. Worth the price (cheap for the area). Walk downtown or to shopping, right off the freeway (so have a cocktail or three before bed). Front desk lady was fun and friendly.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2012
Jason M
"Diablo Mountain Inn"
They called in advance to confirm our check in and when we get there, the checking in was smooth.
Other trip Oct 23, 2012
The water in the toilet would run and turn off on its own throughout our stay. (Big waste of water). I requested two queen beds on my reservation and when I got there I was given one queen bed. The rooms are old and there was an electrical outlet in the bathroom that didn't work. The staff was very pleasant but the room was just OK. The room is equipped with a refrigerator and microwave which is a nice convenience. It is well located with lots of eating establishments close by.
Other trip Sep 28, 2012
Vincent
"Great for need"
This hotel is basic, perfect for just needing a place to sleep while on business. The bed was extremely comfortable!!!
Business trip Sep 27, 2012
Leah
"Couldn't have asked for more"
My wife and I decided to to take a last minute trip to San Fran. This place happened to have a room for a good price. We ended up getting there early and the receptionist did everything possible to get our room ready. She was extremely nice. The room was quaint, clean and comfortable. The hotel is right off the freeway and walking distance to the BART station. This was perfect as we didn't want to try to drive through busy traffic. It's just enough out of the city to be comfortable but not too far. There is also a really nice mall nearby.
Other trip Sep 23, 2012
Will
Great
Other trip Sep 15, 2012
Good value for price. Room right under freeway but air conditioner drowned out sound.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
Hotel is right under a freeway so it is quite noisy. It was a very warm day, when we walked into our room the room was about 90F. Turned the AC on full which helped a little. Then discovered the pilot on the heater in the small room was on and the heater was putting out quite a bit of heat. Turned off pilot and room cooled down okay. Still noisy though. Probably find another place to stay in bay area next time.
Other trip Aug 17, 2012
"Freeway close"
Charming little place, but lacking over all. Thin, hard bed; no amenities other than an old TV. Free breakfast is minimal and not worth the trouble. The staff is very pleasant and helpful, but for the money, it's about hostel-quality. Very clean and roomy, but that's about it. Spend the extra money on a nicer place that's not adjacent to the freeway.
Other trip Aug 13, 2012
The staff are very, very nice and hospitable while the room was in great condition. My only complaint is that the hair dryer was on the fritz and would only work in 10 second spurts.
Other trip Jul 27, 2012
"Nice place, great location."
This was a small hotel right off the freeway. The staff were excellent and very helpful. They even printed off some coupons for our dinner. The place was very clean and in a great location. The price was also very reasonable. The breakfast was a bit lacking but that was fine. Even though it is right off the freeway the rooms are well insulated and once the windows and doors were closed we could not hear the freeway. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 24, 2012
mccannam
"Look elsewhere."
AC did not work very well. Room way too hot. Refrigerator was broken. Pool empty.
Other trip Jul 14, 2012
Hotel is very run down and old. Service was very nice. Continental breakfast very sketchy. Not much of a selection. Good place to crash overnight but would not stay for long period of time. Bed was hard and uncomfortable. Air conditioner was very noisy. People were polite and personable.
Other trip Jul 13, 2012
Traci
"Perfect modest accomodations"
The room was perfect for my purpose, a clean comfortable room for one person at a reasonable price. I didn't want any glitz or fanciness. The breakfast was ample with hard-boiled eggs in addition to cereals and toast and pastries. I appreciate a small place and not having to walk long distances to get to my room.
Other trip Jul 10, 2012
Lois
"Convenient location"
The room was comfortable. The staff were courteous. They serve breakfast until 9:30-10:00 AM. I thought the breakfast was adequate. The ice machine worked okay. The motel is not the fanciest but it served our needs.
Family trip Jul 7, 2012
"the location is not good at all"
the owner was nice and room was clean. the only thing I didn't like about this hotel was that it was under a highway. it was so noisy and the noise never stopped.
Family trip Jul 2, 2012
"Great Value"
Good value... its a very good offering for the price. Location is the major benefit in staying here... it is close to loads of restaurants and shopping... the BART is about fifteen minutes by foot. As far as the room... it was very basic and very adequate especially when considering the price. Light sleepers may be put off by the noise from the highway. I'd recommend to anyone traveling on a budget.
Other trip Jun 18, 2012