All hotels in Glenelg, South Australia, Australia
16 Holdfast Promenade Glenelg, Glenelg, SA, 5045, Australia, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Little Gem"
Fabulous apartment right on the beach with plenty of restaurants within walking distance.
5 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Oaks Plaza"
We have stayed at this hotel 4 times, our main problem is there are too many different types of one bedroom apartments, first time we hand an apartment too small for the rollaway bed and had too be moved. The second time we were facing a brick wall and needed to be moved, the apartment with the park view was much better however it didn't have a television in the bedroom which the others had. I feel there are too many questions we have to ask to make sure we get an appropriate apartment.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Jo
"great stay"
we booked a one room apartment and given a two room apartment with a sea view. The apartment was very roomy and kept clean for us. Cleaners happy to come at any time. Walking distance to shops, restaurants and beach. Great anniversary
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Hotel in a great location, Public transport good"
Our experience was a rather disappointing one. Firstly not being able to park our car when we needed to was very frustrating, particularly after paying a lot of money for car parking. Secondly our room was not serviced daily, it was not made clear to us that the room would not be cleaned on the 1st of Jan 2015. On the 31st of December 2014 our room was also not cleaned, this perhaps could have been because we were in and out of the room. On the second day of our stay our bed had not been made. Over all the cleaning was not of a high standard and in my opinion could be greatly improved. My husband is a big A League fan and was rather disappointed that Fox Sport 4 was not included in the television viewing.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Carmen
"Perfect beach location"
Almost everything about our stay at Oaks Pier was pleasing, including the excellent pool facility. The 1x bedroom apartment proved a little too compact for 3 x adults, but having the deck outside helped. Would recommend to anyone.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Debbie
"Lovely hotel with great beach view from room"
Truly enjoyed our stay Apartment in great beach location in walking distance to shops, cafes, and restaurants.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
She
"good location and veiws but bad service"
Really nice location close to the beach :). We stayed in the 1 bedroom apartment it was well planned out spacious and quite clean except the bathroom was a little dirty but not a huge deal, we had a king size bed, well it was 2 beds put together and it was extremely uncomfortable very hard. The customer service wasnt great either they didn't make much effort to make us feel welcome, i also hate that they took $150 from me as a bond you know incase anything has been broken upon your stay or whatever, which is never warned before booking at that hotel, most hotels do this and its quite frustrating and sneaky, and then it takes 3-5 days to be refunded back into my account but arnt they quick to take it out -_-. We got the room at a good price $130 which I'm not complaining about, but besides the convient Glenelg location and spectacular veiws, its not a place id be jumping to stay at again.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Maryanne
"CLEAN,COMFORTABLE and expensive car parking"
We arrived to a beautiful Hotel with friendly professional service. Seriously disappointed about having to pay for a car park and the directions on how to get to it and next time we will look for free parking.
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
Henricus
Booked 2 bedroom apartment - great, clean & easy access to all restuarants & sites in Glenelg
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"balcony room with beach views, just beautiful"
clean and tidy, quiet room, good air conditioning, tv and kitchen facilities.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Lynette
"Great hotel close to Jetty Road."
We had a one night stay in a studio room. Room was very spacious and had a nice view over Colley Reserve. Everything was clean and well presented and the bed was comfortable. Car parking is very convenient with a lift direct to rooms. Short walk to Jetty Road and right on the beach. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Hamish
"Very comfy 4 star apartment hotel by beach"
Had a lovely stay. Fantastic location in Glenelg. Recommend an ocean view room. Parking is tricky in Glenelg and it's $20 a night at the hotel.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"A great place to stay."
Great rooms and facility's.
2 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Brett
"Nice hotel on the upper edge of pricing around GLG"
Picked the room with ocean views, not disappointed, a nice little balcony. Right on the beach front, very nice.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Awesome"
Had a great couple of days just relaxing. We were given a Beautiful room that we really enjoyed and will be requesting the same room in the future. We have stayed at other oaks hotels but this one is the best by far. The only thing I was disappointed about was the restaurant 'blu....' The breakfast was dull and there was hardly anything when I got there at 8.30. There was still tables that hadn't been cleaned up and I struggled to find cutlery. As a restaurant owner and chef that was a big disappointment.
2 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"A great base to explore Adelaide from"
We decided to have a short break and come to a Rodriguez performance (marvellous BTW) and spend a lazy few weekdays in Adelaide and surrounds. This was a perfect location to do it from. One niggly thing was the environmental work being done on the beach outside... a bit noisy for most of the day. Apparently happens annually. Staff all provided exemplary service.
4 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Valarie
"Never again in Oaks Plaza Glenegh,Adelaide"
When booking I was never informed that the swimming pool /spa were out of order. If I had known this I would never have stayed there! There was nor even a business centre where I could use a computer/printer.I had to go to another hotel nearby to use their business centre. Only I had paid in advance for the stay, I would have left after one night.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
michael
We had a weekend get away and stayed at this establishment. The room itself was great. The only issue with our stay was the noise from other guests! I know it's a poor complaint, it seems not all the room doors had softeners on them so whenever anybody came or left there was almighty bangs. Drunks coming in at 3am I know is not the control of the hotel but fixing the doors so they don't slam would of been nice
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"Very disappointing"
Very disappointing that we paid for a balcony room and couldnt use it because of the earthwork noise outside our room. We also booked this hotel as it had a pool but when we arrived , pool was under refurbishment . Would have been good to have been advised of this. Booked two rooms for two couples . One room had 2 bedrooms and two bathrooms which would have fitted us all in. Was told when i booked months before there were no 2 bedroom apartments.
2 night trip with friends Oct 21, 2014
ROXANNE
"what a relaxing weekend stay"
We stayed a weekend, the 4th story room looking over the beach, night was really beautiful looking out with full moon shining off the sea, lights decorating the Glenelg foreshore. We're Booking again for another relaxing weekend more often there. thank you staff for a wonderful room.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2014
Hugh
Good location, however noisy due to beach works and other work being done outside the restaurants.Would not have been at all impressed with this disruption if we had been staying more than one night
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
"Brilliant Accomodation"
This hotel had everything I was looking for it was clean, spacious and in a great location
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"Right on Glenelg beach."
You cannot fault the location. Staff are very courteous and helpful. The are many options for eating whether you desire a fancy meal to an affordable bite. Access to the tram is a short walk otherwise there are taxis readily available from the front door.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Hotel close to beach."
Hotel was very nice, bed mattress was a little hard, medium and it would have been excellent. In house restaurants was good.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Charlie
"swimming pool and sauna closed for renovation....."
Good level of comfort and clean, however: the whole pool/sauna areas were closed for renovation and this fact was not reported to me at the time of booking (mind you: room rates are still the same with the pool/sauna operating). To have tradesmen start working in that area at 7.00 AM is not a nice experience. Also, rooms close to lift tend to be quite noisy from the lift engines. Car park too expensive for Adelaide standard.
2 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
"Nice motel close to everything"
Booked room through Expedia. Was pleasantly surprised to see it had cooking and washing facilities. It also was serviced daily.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
"pool was closed"
Good but pool and spa were closed for renovation. I would have booked else where had I known.
4 night trip Sep 15, 2014
alex
"Loved it!"
Great location, reasonably priced, friendly staff
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Decent sized room overlooking the park. Room was very comfortable except for two small points. The screen around the bedroom was opague, which whilst it enabled privacy it also let the light in during the night if one of us got up to visit the bathroom and was not as soundrproof as normal walls. Also the shower screen over the bath was tiny which allowed water to spray all over the toilet and onto the floor. On the up side, the kitchen was well stocked and modern, we had a nice balcony and the bed was comfy.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
travellove
Great view and wonderful surroundings
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
"Nice hotel, great location!"
We booked an ocean view apartment and it was fantastic! Large kitchen and living area. Short walk to pier, restaurants, and shopping. Only small critique re. Mould in bathroom basin around plug hole. Provided this feedback to main reception upon checkout who apologised and agreed to feedback to cleaning staff. Also rooms don't have minibar. Pool is also closed at the moment with no clear re-open date. Would stay here again.
3 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Victoria and Dave W
"Highly recommended"
Excellent all around! Beach front, friendly staff, good food...
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
matt
"Great hotel with friendly staff"
Checked in with out hassle , rooms clean and well equipped as advertised , great location .will book again.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
Ian
NZ
"Nice and convenient hotel close to the beach"
Lovely comfortable hotel with easy access to shops and transport. Nice oyster shop close by. Beach view from balcony! Great stay and will go back next time if travelling Adelaide again!
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Carmen
"Lovely"
Was nice and relaxing, could hear and see the beach. Room was lovely quiet and comfortable.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Nomes
"Shame about the constant drilling :("
Stayed five days in a one-bed sea view, not cheap but worth looking out at a beautiful view. 1st and 2nd days we had constant drilling extremely loud so the baby was upset and wouldn't sleep and very close, seemed to be coming from just above or next door and between 9am to 12 so asked to be moved as we had three days left but the man at reception said that would be the last of it but it happened again the 3rd day, not happy. You expect more when paying a premium.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Great location but undergoing renovations"
Location excellent. Unfortunately jack hammering occurring through the day ruined our stay. Was looking forward to using pool facilities but this was closed. Reception staff did not advise of the circumstances. Had to return door card to reception several times for reprogramming. Found many other guests experiencing the same. Normal access to the Car park wasn't working so had to use Motel option which cost us more.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"The hotel was really nice, with great location!"
Despite loving the location, and the accommodation, I did have a bit of a bad experience on arrival at the hotel. I'd planned an extremely special occasion with my partner the night that I had arrived (engagement plans), and I was extremely flustered when I arrived as I couldn't find the place to start with (in the dark) and didn't know where to park the rented car that I was driving. I pulled out the front of the hotel (no standing zone), ran inside to ask where their parking was, but I wasn't greeted well, as the girl said you'll be booked out the front of the hotel (didn't know if I should then ran back and move the car, .... but where too?) and said you have to find a park yourself! As time was counting down, and limited to get to the restaurant that I had booked for the special occasion, this was the last thing I needed, as I wasn't aware the hotel didn't have their own parking, I didn't know the area (since coming straight from Melbourne), therefore didn't have the opportunity to organise/investigate the best parking options. Eventually I was informed that there was parking underneath the building, which cost $20 day (including $2 mark up per day from the hotel!!) I took this option. The bad thing was that this car park was used by the public also, therefore were stages that you wouldn't be able to get a park since being full! So back to square one, but still being charged at the daily rate. Unfortunately this left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of our stay!
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Magnificent
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
L b
"the location was perfect walking distance"
everything was easy to get to. we wanted to upgrade room which the staff made it a easy transition.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
shaz
"Girls Weekend"
Great location an d close to attractions and shopping
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Great Views and location"
Wish parking was included in price.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Great service!"
I've spent more time at this hotel than my own home this year. When this trip was extended, the staff bent over backwards to find room for me in the fully booked reservations, and to ensure I could stay in the same room. The kitchen and laundry facilities are really handy. Ocean view is a treat at sunrise and sunset.
12 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Rachel
"Great position"
I have just returned home ffrom a wonderful stay. The staff were always pleasant and my room was spotless on arrival. My only minor complaints would be that the key card kept wiping itself. I think I had it rest 4/ 7 days. The switch board seems to have a problem. I made a mistake with my booking and when I contacted the hotel was "put through" to reservations on two occasions during which the phone went on hold for what seemed like several minutes and then to an extension that rang out. I had to call back 3X, before the person answering delt with the issue rather then tried to transfer. The result was a large interstate call cost. While I was there a relative attempted to rung me in my room and had a similar experience. However the room was well equipped and the TV in the bedroom was a bonus. It could do with an extra power point near the couch/ desk for laptop and phone chargers. The hotel is near to restaurants and cafés as well as a supermarket. The beach and nearby river walk are an added bonus for those that like a walk or run. I stayed two weekends and was not disturbed at all by the nightclub sounds I have read others complaining of. I would definitely stay here again
Tassiegirl
"Great room with a good view."
Pleasant, helpful staff, willing to assist where needed. A great stay.
"Pleasant place to stay"
Business like stay, no valet or assistance from staff getting bags to room. Counter staff average at best. Great views and enjoyable accommodation.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Fam7
"Holiday"
Excellant location with a great view. Close to shops and restaurants.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Louise
"oaks plaza pier hotel glenelg"
We had such a beautiful stay with our kids at the hotel. Gorgeous pool, warm rooms in the winter and very easy access to Jetty Road
2 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
"Convenient to beach and cafes"
Not a fan of single beds stitched together to make a queen/ king, but have stayed a few times here due to location and value.
2 night romance trip Jun 13, 2014
Mel
"Very nice indeed"
Loved it. Especially the full kitchen.
3 night business trip Jun 6, 2014