All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1330 Maryland Ave Sw, Washington, DC, 20024, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A room with a view!"
Had an amazing room overlooking the Jefferson Memorial and the sunset was breathtaking! Cant wait to do it again.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
ed
"Always a delight"
The Mandarin never disappoints. Everything was perfect,from the room to the bar/lounge. And the spa? Devine. Worth every penny.
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
swhotelsnob
Class act, very nice.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"The hotel was beautiful and staff were very friend"
The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to see all the sights in DC. Would recommend it to everyone!
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Lynn
"Great service (except bar)...but overpriced"
Hotel staff was nice/ friendly. Restaurant ( Muze) and bar very expensive and service was poor/slow. Didn't have water day of checkout, but they comped our bar tab for the inconvenience. Close to Jefferson Memorial. Starbucks and CVS just steps away. Probably wouldn't stay there again. Not worth the high price.
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
"Two thumbs up!!! Really nice place!!!"
Two thumbs up!!! Really nice place!!!
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Reputation, reputation"
Impressive and classic Grand Entrance. Rooms need to be updated... You can find better hotels for the same price without the reputation of the Mandarin Oriental
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
Raquel
"Exceptional staff and facilities."
We found everyone at the Mandarin to be exceptional, from the maids and bell staff to the wait staff and concierge. They all went well beyond the call of duty to make our stay perfect. The location was just wonderful. There was easy access to all the sites and we found many, walk-able. The concierge will have several recommendations, contacts and discounts for pleasure and business travelers. One of, if not the best in town.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Craig
"Memorable Experience"
This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Staff was very friendly and helpful with whatever questions I had. Easy access to cabs in the front driveway as well as a CVS and Starbucks right across the driveway which was excellent. The only issue we encountered was that the water in the shower and tubs were a little too hot with no option to make it cooler it seemed. Other than that it was a wonderful experience and I will never forget the time I spent there.
2 night trip with friends Aug 11, 2014
Rachael
"Beautiful and Quiet"
If you want to stay at a quiet and peaceful hotel away from the hustle and bustle of the city, keep this hotel in mind. It is very peaceful and beautiful. Not the best choice for kids. You also have to pay for WiFi which seems outrageous when you think of the room price. Parking is expensive too. But overall, a very nice choice.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Weekend in Washington"
Service and facilities were wonderful. The location was somewhat out of the way, and there are no significant restaurants close by.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
ilan
"Beautiful hotel with nice views..."
Had such a wonderful experience at this hotel! Beautiful views from the room and within walking distance to the museums and monuments.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great Hotel, one small issue"
The Hotel and staff was terrific, no complaints. It is beneath a hotel of this caliber to nickel and dime the clientele for Wi Fi access. The room rate should more than cover the cost, and that should be complimentary for all guests.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"So expensive and no breakfast?!?"
Expensive 5 star hotel and no free breakfast, what a disappointment! Nice hotel but seriously? No breakfast?!?!? Come on!
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"Perfect hotel for visiting the Mall"
Wonderful hotel, just a couple of blocks from one end of the Mall, everything is within walking distance. And of course, there is the Mandarin Oriental luxury! Can't wait to be back in August
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Experienced wor
There was no WIfi in the room given the pricing of the room..we were dissappionted!!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Close to the National Mall...walkable"
The room was unremarkable, and considering the price this is very disappointing. Don't go by the pictures the website shows, these are very misleading and may not be what you get. I'm sure the images we were showed when making our reservation existed somewhere in the hotel, just not in the room we were in. If proximity to the monuments and Smithsonian are important than this hotel may work for you.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Not what I expected..."
It was Memorial Day weekend and I wanted to eat at a nice restaurant and drink without driving so I booked the mandarin since I wanted to try their brunch the next day! By the time we got to the hotel it was like 1am....we were kinda typsy and wanted to chill. The room seamed a little warm so I put the temp to 65 and we passed out.....only to wake up at 8am in like 90 degree heat...I also noticed that there was a ice bucket in the room that was filled with water meaning whoever cleaned the room left the last people ice bucket for us....that was off putting to say the least. So....we go downstairs to eat and I stop by the front desk...I explain to the girl that I'm not happy with the room....apparently the ac only works intermittently and mostly not working....and I tell her the room was not fully cleaned...she says why didn't you tell us when you checked in.....I'm like we were drunk...the last thing I had the energy to do was change rooms etc...plus I figured the ac would eventually work once I set it. I've been meaning to stay at this hotel for quite some time...I've stayed at many others around the globe and they have always been amazing....this one not soo much. It's just a normal hotel and not as visually stunning and vibrant as the others. I tell her that I'm not seeing the value in. $400 a night with these conditions...and it felt like they put us in one of there smallest rooms as well (seeming more typical when using buying service for booking) I felt they shouldn't even charge me for the room since it was not clean and the ac was not working....but she says since it was thru hotels .com they cannot refund...they did however eat my valet parking and give us free brunch....which was nice but we went to the restaurant I guess during breakfast to brunch transition and there seemed to be a huge disconnect....no host...and the waiters and waitress' were just busy taking care of there current customers....we just stood at where there would normally be a host and w
1 night business trip May 24, 2014
Sean Egnew
"The hotel service was great but.."
We had a great time at the hotel. It's conveniently located near the touristy spots. However, we had issues with the valet parking. When the valet attended retrieved our car, the gate closed on the hood of the car. The valet attended did not mention it to us but we saw everything. Fortunately, the manager apologized and took very good care of us. two thumbs up for the valet parking manager. but the valet staff needs more training with hospitality
2 night family trip May 23, 2014
family man
"Staff amazing"
Staff was above and beyond, food in restaurants exquisite, in room layer of dust on TV armoire, stained cushion on lounge chair. God knows what that was
Other trip May 26, 2014
BK
"Very pleasant stay"
Greatly enjoyed our few days here. Location is walking distance to most all the great DC sights, Jefferson is less than 10 min, the Castle about the same and Nationals Park is a 5 minute cab ride. Neighborhood is secure, off the main traffic hubs but easy to find. The in-house restaurant had great service and excellent food choices even for the kids and had long hours. If seeking the local food fare is your thing this probably isn't your hotel, though the fresh fish market is a 5 minute walk as well. The hotel is a bit pricey, but well worth it. Room was ultra clean and adequate for our family of four, bathroom had a huge tub and seperate shower tall enough for me at 6' 5" (that's appreciated). No issues with the hotel staff. Lots of smiling service oriented people at every turn. Pool was in the spa area but still child friendly. Lots of business and international guests but we also weren't the only ones with kids. Would definitely look to stay here again if ever back in town.
3 night family trip Apr 23, 2014
BH
"Close to the Smithsonian Hotel."
Wonderful hotel, walking distance from metro stations and from the Smithsonian. Walked also to the white house, the Washington Monument, The Lincoln Monument and The Capitol. Rooms are very comfortable and the bathrooms are beautiful.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Viviana
"The most comfortable hotel and excellent location"
The hotel is close to all must-see sights. The shower the bed... They are excellent.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Shan
"Four stars hotel pretending to be five stars."
Positives: location and staff Negatives: food and beverage, housekeeping, general management.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
fatima
Convenient, clean and comfortable hotel. They no longer have live music but great otherwise.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
Vern
"Best Hotel I have ever stayed in."
For my 27th Birthday I was planning a proposal to my Girlfriend.. I called guest services and told them my plans and they further assisted me in getting me a room with a view of my request. We had dinner at CityZen in the hotel and the food was amazing. Guest services provided me with the reservations and even with my request, set up our room with rose petals and a bottle of champaign. I would to thank everybody at the Mandarin Oriental, for their perticipation in making one of the biggest nights of both mine and my new fiance's lifes a success! Valet services where awesome, they brought something I needed from my car all the way up to our room. The Hotel is beautiful and has beautiful views. I am beyond pleased with the stay and would recommend this to everybody for any occasion. Thank you all again for the outstanding night, it will never be forgotten. 5 out of 5 stars!
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
Ben
"Not up to 5-star"
To begin with, it's not really fair to be disappointed in a room with two full beds; just that I've never actually experienced a hotel that didn't have two queens. That being said, the bed linens seemed to be unpressed, so I couldn't really tell if they had been changed from the previous occupant. The ice machine is not accessible - I was pointed toward the staff/housekeeping area where I filled up myself. We really enjoyed our breakfast, the front desk welcome was adequate, I was asked about the number in my party and expected a child's welcome packet as described but we all received tea and a hot towel. I'm wondering if the cultural expectation of this as well as the full size bed isn't fair for me to be too judgmental. However, the Metro and JW Marriotts have given us more luxury at a better price and the Ritz is an actual 5-star. I think that there are better options in DC, although the proximity to the cherry blossoms and the Mall is nice. The pool was great.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Great stay!!"
Everything was great to our arrival, our room, and the service. The front desk staff were so friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
Shari
"Relaxing stay!"
We just returned from a whirlwind stay in D.C. Having formerly lived in the D.C. Area and having stayed in many hotels there (Ritz's, Willard, Hay Adams). The Mandarin Oriental is my new favorite. Reasons number one is the staff. The staff here was just about the nicest most professional group of people I have encountered, from the bell staff to front desk to the concierge to the restaurant, the cleaning staff, the engineers, the spa and the Tai Pan Club staff especially Ariel. I enjoyed how comfortable the rooms were and the ease of getting around where we needed to go using the hotel as a base. It's close to the airport and all major arteries to explore and experience our Nation's Capitol.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
pam
"Mandarin Oriental Veteran - Thoroughly Disappointe"
Overall, thoroughly disappointed. I've been to many Mandarin Oriental's around the globe, this was more like a Holiday Inn. My girlfriend and I joked "Holiday Oriental" as we suffered through our sub-par getaway experience. We called the concierge to ask for brunch recommendations... her answer? "I've got nothing for you, why don't you eat in our restaurant, that's all I've got." The bed was awful. The room was tiny in comparison to other MO's I've stayed at. There was mold in the bathroom. There was no in-room on-demand movie option, yet it's 2014. They brought up the DVD folder and we tried to play one of their "new releases" on the broken DVD player to no avail. The restaurant, MUZE is trash. The cable didn't work. Our wifi was spotty. To top it off, the valet left my car running overnight and burned through half a tank of gas. Thanks for nothing.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"better for a business trip then a vacation"
The service was excellent at this hotel and we enjoyed using the swimming pool. The concierge, front desk, and housekeeping staff were all really, really helpful. The neighborhood, however, is sort of isolated. During the day, it is easy to walk to the national mall to go to museums. However, it is rather deserted on weekends and in the evenings. The only things close to the hotel are a CVS and a Starbucks. While the hotel's brochures say that it has a gift shop, and music in the bar in evenings, neither of these is accurate. So you have to take a taxi, or drive your own car, to do anything.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
DC Fan
"very nice hotel."
Very nice. Muze restuarnt had wonderful bread. Nice pool and excersice facility. Friendly staff. Very accommodating.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
chris
"Happy Day"
It was Awesome, Sexy; my companion cant wait to get back there
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Sonya
beautiful hotel but not to the standards of other mandarins. Pillows are awful. Should give size options. Hair dryer had hair all over. Food, on the other hand, amazing!!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Terrific"
Great and breathtaking!! Definitely will come back. Great experience!
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Alain
"Close to the mall!"
You can see the monuments from the circle out front. Nice view of the river from our window. Beautifully appointed rooms, excellent fitness center. Be aware that on winter weekends, the Starbucks, Pot Belly, and CVS were all closed - nothing walkable nearby which forces you to eat in hotel or take a cab ride.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"A so-so night"
While the service was outstanding, the hotel location detracts from the overall experience. It is close to museums, but there are not other amenities nearby. The CVS and Starbucks across the street aren't even open on Sundays - and the gift shop in the hotel has closed.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
My wife and I visited DC for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary and of course had a wonderful time. The Mandarin Oriental was a perfect location for walking to the Smithsonian and other sites. The hotel was Top-Notch and the staff were more than helpful. Definitely a 5 from our point of view
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
"Lovely weekend get-away"
The room wasn't super exciting per se, but the bathroom was lovely. Great shower and deep tub. The location is a little out of the way, so your dining options are limited, but a short taxi ride can get you anywhere in the city. In the meantime you are across the road from the fish market, which offers crabs, shrimp and oysters galore.The service at this hotel is outstanding.
2 night trip Jan 3, 2014
"This hotel is exactly what you expect from MO"
The rooms and hotel are like brand new, impeccable. The service outstanding, they all salute you knowing your name.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Rafael
"nice hotel"
lo recomiendo 200% sin palabras
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"The best service"
We received the nice attention for all people in the hotel, we have the best anniversary ever
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2013
Al
"Not good for a romantic getaway"
It was a surprise for my husband birthday and the king size room I paid for was not water view like it said in the description. I got a different room that was smaller an double bed an I wasn't happy at all .. All we can do is make the best of it ... Would not recommend it to anyone
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2013
Jamila
"Nice but not great for vacation"
People were attentive and friendly. Rooms were nice though I have stayed at better. Location was a challenge as it is not near a metro station and is a descent walk to most attractions.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2013
"Pay and pay and pay"
Decent but not a great hotel, and at what price. Everything is over-priced and though we don't really count pennies when traveling, we hate to be grossly over-charged. We were OK with the $12 wifi charge, though these days it is free everywhere else, but were really bowled over by the $42 per night (plus tax) parking fees. When we arrived, we ordered an evening snack of 6 cookies and milk for my daughter. The bill, including tip, came to $33. The cookies weren't freshly made, either. There is also no coffee service in the room, so the only way to get a quick cup is to either order room service or go down to the lobby. My wife would have enjoyed the spa, but again, way over-priced. We would have eaten at the restaurant, but the menu was disappointing. The hotel just does not have a first class restaurant.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
"Beautiful hotel with exceptionally nice staff"
We loved the Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. My wife and I had a memorable stay. Our room was the smallest available, yet very, very comfortable. Located 2 blocks from the National Mall, and 5 minutes from Arlington National Cemetary, I would return to the Mandarin Oriental without hesitation, and I'm sure we would have another great stay.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"Not a 5 Star Hotel"
The reason why I have given poor scores across the board is that this hotel chain markets itself as a 5 star hotel - the Washington, DC property is 4 stars at best. The wet bar was poorly stocked, there is no video on demand, the in-room dining was horrendous, and the list would go on and on if I had to stay there another night. To make matters worse, they charge $15 for internet. Will never stay here again and will recommend everyone else to go to the Ritz or Four Seasons instead.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Sung
"Great hotel where you feel like a VIP."
This is like an old style hotel where they make you feel like your the most important person. The food is also top shelf. You are also within walking distance to the Mall.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Don
Wonderful!
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2013
Cindy
"Feel Pampered"
Excellent services and walking distance to the National Mall, monuments, and museums. Only drawback was there were no nearby restaurants. Hotel restaurants lovely, but overpriced.
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2013