All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1330 Maryland Ave Sw, Washington, DC, 20024, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very pleasant stay"
Greatly enjoyed our few days here. Location is walking distance to most all the great DC sights, Jefferson is less than 10 min, the Castle about the same and Nationals Park is a 5 minute cab ride. Neighborhood is secure, off the main traffic hubs but easy to find. The in-house restaurant had great service and excellent food choices even for the kids and had long hours. If seeking the local food fare is your thing this probably isn't your hotel, though the fresh fish market is a 5 minute walk as well. The hotel is a bit pricey, but well worth it. Room was ultra clean and adequate for our family of four, bathroom had a huge tub and seperate shower tall enough for me at 6' 5" (that's appreciated). No issues with the hotel staff. Lots of smiling service oriented people at every turn. Pool was in the spa area but still child friendly. Lots of business and international guests but we also weren't the only ones with kids. Would definitely look to stay here again if ever back in town.
3 night family trip Apr 23, 2014
BH
"Close to the Smithsonian Hotel."
Wonderful hotel, walking distance from metro stations and from the Smithsonian. Walked also to the white house, the Washington Monument, The Lincoln Monument and The Capitol. Rooms are very comfortable and the bathrooms are beautiful.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Viviana
"The most comfortable hotel and excellent location"
The hotel is close to all must-see sights. The shower the bed... They are excellent.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Shan
"Four stars hotel pretending to be five stars."
Positives: location and staff Negatives: food and beverage, housekeeping, general management.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
fatima
Convenient, clean and comfortable hotel. They no longer have live music but great otherwise.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
Vern
"Best Hotel I have ever stayed in."
For my 27th Birthday I was planning a proposal to my Girlfriend.. I called guest services and told them my plans and they further assisted me in getting me a room with a view of my request. We had dinner at CityZen in the hotel and the food was amazing. Guest services provided me with the reservations and even with my request, set up our room with rose petals and a bottle of champaign. I would to thank everybody at the Mandarin Oriental, for their perticipation in making one of the biggest nights of both mine and my new fiance's lifes a success! Valet services where awesome, they brought something I needed from my car all the way up to our room. The Hotel is beautiful and has beautiful views. I am beyond pleased with the stay and would recommend this to everybody for any occasion. Thank you all again for the outstanding night, it will never be forgotten. 5 out of 5 stars!
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
Ben
"Not up to 5-star"
To begin with, it's not really fair to be disappointed in a room with two full beds; just that I've never actually experienced a hotel that didn't have two queens. That being said, the bed linens seemed to be unpressed, so I couldn't really tell if they had been changed from the previous occupant. The ice machine is not accessible - I was pointed toward the staff/housekeeping area where I filled up myself. We really enjoyed our breakfast, the front desk welcome was adequate, I was asked about the number in my party and expected a child's welcome packet as described but we all received tea and a hot towel. I'm wondering if the cultural expectation of this as well as the full size bed isn't fair for me to be too judgmental. However, the Metro and JW Marriotts have given us more luxury at a better price and the Ritz is an actual 5-star. I think that there are better options in DC, although the proximity to the cherry blossoms and the Mall is nice. The pool was great.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Great stay!!"
Everything was great to our arrival, our room, and the service. The front desk staff were so friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
Shari
"Relaxing stay!"
We just returned from a whirlwind stay in D.C. Having formerly lived in the D.C. Area and having stayed in many hotels there (Ritz's, Willard, Hay Adams). The Mandarin Oriental is my new favorite. Reasons number one is the staff. The staff here was just about the nicest most professional group of people I have encountered, from the bell staff to front desk to the concierge to the restaurant, the cleaning staff, the engineers, the spa and the Tai Pan Club staff especially Ariel. I enjoyed how comfortable the rooms were and the ease of getting around where we needed to go using the hotel as a base. It's close to the airport and all major arteries to explore and experience our Nation's Capitol.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
pam
"Mandarin Oriental Veteran - Thoroughly Disappointe"
Overall, thoroughly disappointed. I've been to many Mandarin Oriental's around the globe, this was more like a Holiday Inn. My girlfriend and I joked "Holiday Oriental" as we suffered through our sub-par getaway experience. We called the concierge to ask for brunch recommendations... her answer? "I've got nothing for you, why don't you eat in our restaurant, that's all I've got." The bed was awful. The room was tiny in comparison to other MO's I've stayed at. There was mold in the bathroom. There was no in-room on-demand movie option, yet it's 2014. They brought up the DVD folder and we tried to play one of their "new releases" on the broken DVD player to no avail. The restaurant, MUZE is trash. The cable didn't work. Our wifi was spotty. To top it off, the valet left my car running overnight and burned through half a tank of gas. Thanks for nothing.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"better for a business trip then a vacation"
The service was excellent at this hotel and we enjoyed using the swimming pool. The concierge, front desk, and housekeeping staff were all really, really helpful. The neighborhood, however, is sort of isolated. During the day, it is easy to walk to the national mall to go to museums. However, it is rather deserted on weekends and in the evenings. The only things close to the hotel are a CVS and a Starbucks. While the hotel's brochures say that it has a gift shop, and music in the bar in evenings, neither of these is accurate. So you have to take a taxi, or drive your own car, to do anything.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
DC Fan
"very nice hotel."
Very nice. Muze restuarnt had wonderful bread. Nice pool and excersice facility. Friendly staff. Very accommodating.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
chris
"Happy Day"
It was Awesome, Sexy; my companion cant wait to get back there
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Sonya
beautiful hotel but not to the standards of other mandarins. Pillows are awful. Should give size options. Hair dryer had hair all over. Food, on the other hand, amazing!!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Terrific"
Great and breathtaking!! Definitely will come back. Great experience!
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Alain
"Close to the mall!"
You can see the monuments from the circle out front. Nice view of the river from our window. Beautifully appointed rooms, excellent fitness center. Be aware that on winter weekends, the Starbucks, Pot Belly, and CVS were all closed - nothing walkable nearby which forces you to eat in hotel or take a cab ride.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"A so-so night"
While the service was outstanding, the hotel location detracts from the overall experience. It is close to museums, but there are not other amenities nearby. The CVS and Starbucks across the street aren't even open on Sundays - and the gift shop in the hotel has closed.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
My wife and I visited DC for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary and of course had a wonderful time. The Mandarin Oriental was a perfect location for walking to the Smithsonian and other sites. The hotel was Top-Notch and the staff were more than helpful. Definitely a 5 from our point of view
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
"Lovely weekend get-away"
The room wasn't super exciting per se, but the bathroom was lovely. Great shower and deep tub. The location is a little out of the way, so your dining options are limited, but a short taxi ride can get you anywhere in the city. In the meantime you are across the road from the fish market, which offers crabs, shrimp and oysters galore.The service at this hotel is outstanding.
2 night trip Jan 3, 2014
"This hotel is exactly what you expect from MO"
The rooms and hotel are like brand new, impeccable. The service outstanding, they all salute you knowing your name.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Rafael
"nice hotel"
lo recomiendo 200% sin palabras
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"The best service"
We received the nice attention for all people in the hotel, we have the best anniversary ever
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2013
Al
"Not good for a romantic getaway"
It was a surprise for my husband birthday and the king size room I paid for was not water view like it said in the description. I got a different room that was smaller an double bed an I wasn't happy at all .. All we can do is make the best of it ... Would not recommend it to anyone
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2013
Jamila
"Nice but not great for vacation"
People were attentive and friendly. Rooms were nice though I have stayed at better. Location was a challenge as it is not near a metro station and is a descent walk to most attractions.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2013
"Pay and pay and pay"
Decent but not a great hotel, and at what price. Everything is over-priced and though we don't really count pennies when traveling, we hate to be grossly over-charged. We were OK with the $12 wifi charge, though these days it is free everywhere else, but were really bowled over by the $42 per night (plus tax) parking fees. When we arrived, we ordered an evening snack of 6 cookies and milk for my daughter. The bill, including tip, came to $33. The cookies weren't freshly made, either. There is also no coffee service in the room, so the only way to get a quick cup is to either order room service or go down to the lobby. My wife would have enjoyed the spa, but again, way over-priced. We would have eaten at the restaurant, but the menu was disappointing. The hotel just does not have a first class restaurant.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
"Beautiful hotel with exceptionally nice staff"
We loved the Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. My wife and I had a memorable stay. Our room was the smallest available, yet very, very comfortable. Located 2 blocks from the National Mall, and 5 minutes from Arlington National Cemetary, I would return to the Mandarin Oriental without hesitation, and I'm sure we would have another great stay.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"Not a 5 Star Hotel"
The reason why I have given poor scores across the board is that this hotel chain markets itself as a 5 star hotel - the Washington, DC property is 4 stars at best. The wet bar was poorly stocked, there is no video on demand, the in-room dining was horrendous, and the list would go on and on if I had to stay there another night. To make matters worse, they charge $15 for internet. Will never stay here again and will recommend everyone else to go to the Ritz or Four Seasons instead.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Sung
"Great hotel where you feel like a VIP."
This is like an old style hotel where they make you feel like your the most important person. The food is also top shelf. You are also within walking distance to the Mall.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Don
Wonderful!
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2013
Cindy
"Feel Pampered"
Excellent services and walking distance to the National Mall, monuments, and museums. Only drawback was there were no nearby restaurants. Hotel restaurants lovely, but overpriced.
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2013
"Great for watching fireworks"
We live near DC but decided to get a hotel downtown for the 4th of July. It was three blocks from the Mall, we could see the fireworks from the front of the hotel and the staff were very friendly.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
tony
"Great location for 4th of July"
Wonderful view for 4th July Fireworks Walking distance to everywhere- closest hotel to Jefferson Menmorial Most luxdery bathroom I've ever stay
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Wendy
"Resort fell right in DC"
Excellent restaurant. Nice jazz in lounge in the evening. Wonderful, professional staff.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Beautiful hotel....beautiful city"
The Mandarin Oriental hotel in Washington, D.C. is a beautiful hotel. The location is not so great...not within walking distance of the must see sights, so must use the cab services. There are always cabs available, so that is good. The staff at the hotel is excellent. They think of every aspect of your visit and follow through. the people who man the front of the hotel are awesome...they recognize you after the first meeting and always have a friendly smile and comment. I think it is an important part of the hotel service. I would recommend staying here. The rooms are beautiful and service above standard.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"Perfect Weekend"
My wife and I stayed for the weekend and enjoyed every minute. The staff was great and the food was excellent. The jazz music was a bonus. I will recommended this hotel to everyone I know.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2013
marcus
"Nice hotel but too expensive for what you get"
Its a nice/clean hotel but for the money it was not worth it for my family of 4. Parking was $50/day also! It was not a great hotel if you have kids. Children (under 18) were not allowed in the Jacuzzi/sauna/steam room area; only the pool. Also the restaurants in the hotel were ridiculously expensive. I believe it would of been close to $100/day to eat breakfast there for family of 4! On the weekends everything around the hotel is closed so it was hard to get a quick bite to eat somewhere so the location is not that great if you are staying over on a weekend. It is walkable to the museams though.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"Perfection"
Amazing hotel. Old world class.
2 night trip with friends May 25, 2013
Casey
Excellent
2 night trip May 25, 2013
Pamela
"Pricey & Nicey!!"
Had tickets to the National vs Phillies ballgame and decided to spend an evening at the Mandarin Oriental. The hotel was approximately a ten minute taxi ride to the Nationals stadium. The hotel was clean, and there was a lot of activity!! I enjoyed coming back from the hotel after the baseball game and unwinding at the bar, while listening to jazz music and sipping on a glass of wine. There were a couple of glances because of the casual attire I was wearing in the lounge area...or maybe it was because I was wearing a Phillies shirt in Washington, DC bar. LOL I would stay here again if I'm ever in the area!
Other trip May 28, 2013
GiGi
"Tai Pan Club"
Stayed on the Tai Pan club level and enjoyed it very much. They served a great breakfast and snacks throughout the day. Staff in hotel was very helpful and pleasant. The shower in the room is the nicest shower that i have ever seen in my life. Overall a great stay and as long as you are willing to walk a little, you won't need to move your car.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"great value"
Highly recommend this spot as a value play - not the easiest location but it is worth it - and the Jazz in the evenings is quite good. Concierge was exceptional - and the place is very accommodating for kids.
3 night family trip May 23, 2013
FG
"great hotel but..."
Great hotel. only problem is that they double billed us for room stay. I was lucky that I went to the front desk and asked for copy of bill. sure enough the room was double billed. There were numerous other people by the front desk who also were over billed for a number of different reasons. Check you bill if you stay here.
2 night trip May 24, 2013
"Great hotel but bad view......"
LOve the hotel, great staff, but view to the railroad is not fun
Other trip May 14, 2013
Artem
"Quiet Elegance"
We have just passed a delightful Friday night at The Mandarin Oriental. Our request for an upper floor was immediately granted with an upgrade, and the room was perfectly appointed. The bed could not have been more comfortable, and the shower/bathroom was perfect. Our water view was to the east, away from The Jefferson Memorial, but interesting none-the-less. Tea and cocktails in the lobby bar were followed with a brief stroll along the Marina Walk, obtained through the hotel garden and across a footbridge within steps of the property. Upon our return, we dined in the Sou'wester: Susan and I both selected the She Crab Soup followed by Scallops. Our son chose the Miso Soup and Pork Bellies. Desserts were ample, and the atmosphere both casual and intimate. We found our way to The Martin Luther King Memorial after bidding our son farewell, and enjoyed a warm, Washington evening before settling in for the night. Although our complementary newspaper would not arrive before our departure, we were offered the Desk's personal New York Times, which was happily waiting for us upon our return to Long Island. I would gladly return to The Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C., and intend on exploring some of their other properties, as well.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
"Beautiful Hotel near the war memorials and museums"
Elegant hotel with a very helpful staff. Only negative is that the bar seems to be overwhelmed by their afternoon rush. But overall, a very nice experience.
Other trip May 13, 2013
Anne
"Great Staff Makes This Experience Excellent"
From the moment my daughter and I arrived (early in the day) at the Mandarin, we were treated like royalty--and like family. The vast majority of the staff at this lovely hotel went out of their way not only to fulfill our request, but to enhance it as well. We could ask any question, and the response was always happily and enthusiastically given. I had a hard time finding restaurants nearby; this was our first visit to D.C. and I had dinner arranged for the second night, not the first. That was a little bit of an issue as I am allergic to wheat and my daughter is allergic to dairy. All I had to do was mention the allergies and we were offered many choices. Within the hotel, Sou'wester is good. Outside of the hotel, the area is very quiet over the weekend with very few businesses open.
Other trip May 7, 2013
"Good but tyring"
The Mandarin Oriental is a high quality hotel. I think the DC hotel is just a little bit tired. The furniture in the common area needs an update, the room decor needs an update. The bed and bathroom are 5 stars but the rest is not a 5 star hotel.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2013
Doug
"Lovely view of cherry blossoms!"
We were curious from the photos; the hotel looked nice. It was even more wonderful than we had hoped. Best shower ever in a hotel (warm water, great water pressure!) Dinner at CityZen was fantastic, one of the best meals we have had in DC. The staff was well trained and had excellent manners. Despite being a large hotel, there was a sense of personal attention.
1 night romance trip Apr 13, 2013
"Definitely won't go again!!"
A lot less than what is expected from Mandarin Oriental!! Staff not friendly or helpful. Not impressed at all with quality of service, room, food. Might as well stayed at a Sheraton or its like rather then spending $$$ on this hotel stay!
Other trip Apr 11, 2013
"Excellent hotel for families, great location!"
We were a little apprehensive about bringing an 8 month old baby to such a nice and fancy hotel, but they were incredibly accommodating and i could not recommend this hotel more for families traveling with children. The Mall is maybe a 5 minute walk away and you're right by the wharf and tidal basin. If the weather's not cooperating, they have a great indoor pool as well. Also, we were there over Easter and they even did an Easter Egg hunt for all of the children staying there which was a lot of fun. The rooms were very well kept and frequently serviced throughout the day.
Other trip Apr 2, 2013