All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1330 Maryland Ave Sw, Washington, DC, 20024, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

beautiful hotel but not to the standards of other mandarins. Pillows are awful. Should give size options. Hair dryer had hair all over. Food, on the other hand, amazing!!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Terrific"
Great and breathtaking!! Definitely will come back. Great experience!
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Alain
"Close to the mall!"
You can see the monuments from the circle out front. Nice view of the river from our window. Beautifully appointed rooms, excellent fitness center. Be aware that on winter weekends, the Starbucks, Pot Belly, and CVS were all closed - nothing walkable nearby which forces you to eat in hotel or take a cab ride.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"A so-so night"
While the service was outstanding, the hotel location detracts from the overall experience. It is close to museums, but there are not other amenities nearby. The CVS and Starbucks across the street aren't even open on Sundays - and the gift shop in the hotel has closed.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
My wife and I visited DC for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary and of course had a wonderful time. The Mandarin Oriental was a perfect location for walking to the Smithsonian and other sites. The hotel was Top-Notch and the staff were more than helpful. Definitely a 5 from our point of view
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
"Lovely weekend get-away"
The room wasn't super exciting per se, but the bathroom was lovely. Great shower and deep tub. The location is a little out of the way, so your dining options are limited, but a short taxi ride can get you anywhere in the city. In the meantime you are across the road from the fish market, which offers crabs, shrimp and oysters galore.The service at this hotel is outstanding.
2 night trip Jan 3, 2014
"This hotel is exactly what you expect from MO"
The rooms and hotel are like brand new, impeccable. The service outstanding, they all salute you knowing your name.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Rafael
"nice hotel"
lo recomiendo 200% sin palabras
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"The best service"
We received the nice attention for all people in the hotel, we have the best anniversary ever
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2013
Al
"Not good for a romantic getaway"
It was a surprise for my husband birthday and the king size room I paid for was not water view like it said in the description. I got a different room that was smaller an double bed an I wasn't happy at all .. All we can do is make the best of it ... Would not recommend it to anyone
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2013
Jamila
"Nice but not great for vacation"
People were attentive and friendly. Rooms were nice though I have stayed at better. Location was a challenge as it is not near a metro station and is a descent walk to most attractions.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2013
"Pay and pay and pay"
Decent but not a great hotel, and at what price. Everything is over-priced and though we don't really count pennies when traveling, we hate to be grossly over-charged. We were OK with the $12 wifi charge, though these days it is free everywhere else, but were really bowled over by the $42 per night (plus tax) parking fees. When we arrived, we ordered an evening snack of 6 cookies and milk for my daughter. The bill, including tip, came to $33. The cookies weren't freshly made, either. There is also no coffee service in the room, so the only way to get a quick cup is to either order room service or go down to the lobby. My wife would have enjoyed the spa, but again, way over-priced. We would have eaten at the restaurant, but the menu was disappointing. The hotel just does not have a first class restaurant.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
"Beautiful hotel with exceptionally nice staff"
We loved the Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. My wife and I had a memorable stay. Our room was the smallest available, yet very, very comfortable. Located 2 blocks from the National Mall, and 5 minutes from Arlington National Cemetary, I would return to the Mandarin Oriental without hesitation, and I'm sure we would have another great stay.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"Not a 5 Star Hotel"
The reason why I have given poor scores across the board is that this hotel chain markets itself as a 5 star hotel - the Washington, DC property is 4 stars at best. The wet bar was poorly stocked, there is no video on demand, the in-room dining was horrendous, and the list would go on and on if I had to stay there another night. To make matters worse, they charge $15 for internet. Will never stay here again and will recommend everyone else to go to the Ritz or Four Seasons instead.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Sung
"Great hotel where you feel like a VIP."
This is like an old style hotel where they make you feel like your the most important person. The food is also top shelf. You are also within walking distance to the Mall.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Don
Wonderful!
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2013
Cindy
"Feel Pampered"
Excellent services and walking distance to the National Mall, monuments, and museums. Only drawback was there were no nearby restaurants. Hotel restaurants lovely, but overpriced.
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2013
"Great for watching fireworks"
We live near DC but decided to get a hotel downtown for the 4th of July. It was three blocks from the Mall, we could see the fireworks from the front of the hotel and the staff were very friendly.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
tony
"Great location for 4th of July"
Wonderful view for 4th July Fireworks Walking distance to everywhere- closest hotel to Jefferson Menmorial Most luxdery bathroom I've ever stay
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Wendy
"Resort fell right in DC"
Excellent restaurant. Nice jazz in lounge in the evening. Wonderful, professional staff.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Beautiful hotel....beautiful city"
The Mandarin Oriental hotel in Washington, D.C. is a beautiful hotel. The location is not so great...not within walking distance of the must see sights, so must use the cab services. There are always cabs available, so that is good. The staff at the hotel is excellent. They think of every aspect of your visit and follow through. the people who man the front of the hotel are awesome...they recognize you after the first meeting and always have a friendly smile and comment. I think it is an important part of the hotel service. I would recommend staying here. The rooms are beautiful and service above standard.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"Perfect Weekend"
My wife and I stayed for the weekend and enjoyed every minute. The staff was great and the food was excellent. The jazz music was a bonus. I will recommended this hotel to everyone I know.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2013
marcus
"Nice hotel but too expensive for what you get"
Its a nice/clean hotel but for the money it was not worth it for my family of 4. Parking was $50/day also! It was not a great hotel if you have kids. Children (under 18) were not allowed in the Jacuzzi/sauna/steam room area; only the pool. Also the restaurants in the hotel were ridiculously expensive. I believe it would of been close to $100/day to eat breakfast there for family of 4! On the weekends everything around the hotel is closed so it was hard to get a quick bite to eat somewhere so the location is not that great if you are staying over on a weekend. It is walkable to the museams though.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"Perfection"
Amazing hotel. Old world class.
2 night trip with friends May 25, 2013
Casey
Excellent
2 night trip May 25, 2013
Pamela
"Pricey & Nicey!!"
Had tickets to the National vs Phillies ballgame and decided to spend an evening at the Mandarin Oriental. The hotel was approximately a ten minute taxi ride to the Nationals stadium. The hotel was clean, and there was a lot of activity!! I enjoyed coming back from the hotel after the baseball game and unwinding at the bar, while listening to jazz music and sipping on a glass of wine. There were a couple of glances because of the casual attire I was wearing in the lounge area...or maybe it was because I was wearing a Phillies shirt in Washington, DC bar. LOL I would stay here again if I'm ever in the area!
Other trip May 28, 2013
GiGi
"Tai Pan Club"
Stayed on the Tai Pan club level and enjoyed it very much. They served a great breakfast and snacks throughout the day. Staff in hotel was very helpful and pleasant. The shower in the room is the nicest shower that i have ever seen in my life. Overall a great stay and as long as you are willing to walk a little, you won't need to move your car.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"great value"
Highly recommend this spot as a value play - not the easiest location but it is worth it - and the Jazz in the evenings is quite good. Concierge was exceptional - and the place is very accommodating for kids.
3 night family trip May 23, 2013
FG
"great hotel but..."
Great hotel. only problem is that they double billed us for room stay. I was lucky that I went to the front desk and asked for copy of bill. sure enough the room was double billed. There were numerous other people by the front desk who also were over billed for a number of different reasons. Check you bill if you stay here.
2 night trip May 24, 2013
"Great hotel but bad view......"
LOve the hotel, great staff, but view to the railroad is not fun
Other trip May 14, 2013
Artem
"Quiet Elegance"
We have just passed a delightful Friday night at The Mandarin Oriental. Our request for an upper floor was immediately granted with an upgrade, and the room was perfectly appointed. The bed could not have been more comfortable, and the shower/bathroom was perfect. Our water view was to the east, away from The Jefferson Memorial, but interesting none-the-less. Tea and cocktails in the lobby bar were followed with a brief stroll along the Marina Walk, obtained through the hotel garden and across a footbridge within steps of the property. Upon our return, we dined in the Sou'wester: Susan and I both selected the She Crab Soup followed by Scallops. Our son chose the Miso Soup and Pork Bellies. Desserts were ample, and the atmosphere both casual and intimate. We found our way to The Martin Luther King Memorial after bidding our son farewell, and enjoyed a warm, Washington evening before settling in for the night. Although our complementary newspaper would not arrive before our departure, we were offered the Desk's personal New York Times, which was happily waiting for us upon our return to Long Island. I would gladly return to The Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C., and intend on exploring some of their other properties, as well.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
"Beautiful Hotel near the war memorials and museums"
Elegant hotel with a very helpful staff. Only negative is that the bar seems to be overwhelmed by their afternoon rush. But overall, a very nice experience.
Other trip May 13, 2013
Anne
"Great Staff Makes This Experience Excellent"
From the moment my daughter and I arrived (early in the day) at the Mandarin, we were treated like royalty--and like family. The vast majority of the staff at this lovely hotel went out of their way not only to fulfill our request, but to enhance it as well. We could ask any question, and the response was always happily and enthusiastically given. I had a hard time finding restaurants nearby; this was our first visit to D.C. and I had dinner arranged for the second night, not the first. That was a little bit of an issue as I am allergic to wheat and my daughter is allergic to dairy. All I had to do was mention the allergies and we were offered many choices. Within the hotel, Sou'wester is good. Outside of the hotel, the area is very quiet over the weekend with very few businesses open.
Other trip May 7, 2013
"Good but tyring"
The Mandarin Oriental is a high quality hotel. I think the DC hotel is just a little bit tired. The furniture in the common area needs an update, the room decor needs an update. The bed and bathroom are 5 stars but the rest is not a 5 star hotel.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2013
Doug
"Lovely view of cherry blossoms!"
We were curious from the photos; the hotel looked nice. It was even more wonderful than we had hoped. Best shower ever in a hotel (warm water, great water pressure!) Dinner at CityZen was fantastic, one of the best meals we have had in DC. The staff was well trained and had excellent manners. Despite being a large hotel, there was a sense of personal attention.
1 night romance trip Apr 13, 2013
"Definitely won't go again!!"
A lot less than what is expected from Mandarin Oriental!! Staff not friendly or helpful. Not impressed at all with quality of service, room, food. Might as well stayed at a Sheraton or its like rather then spending $$$ on this hotel stay!
Other trip Apr 11, 2013
"Excellent hotel for families, great location!"
We were a little apprehensive about bringing an 8 month old baby to such a nice and fancy hotel, but they were incredibly accommodating and i could not recommend this hotel more for families traveling with children. The Mall is maybe a 5 minute walk away and you're right by the wharf and tidal basin. If the weather's not cooperating, they have a great indoor pool as well. Also, we were there over Easter and they even did an Easter Egg hunt for all of the children staying there which was a lot of fun. The rooms were very well kept and frequently serviced throughout the day.
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
Ron
"First class"
This is a luxury hotel. It is off the beaten track, but has Main Avenue waterfront views. More than I would normally pay, but for a special occasion everything was first rate.
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
Al
"Parking"
The hotel was wonderfu. It is in a corporate area so nothing is open on the weekends. I think $50 parking is overkill for the area it is in. Especially on the weekends.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2013
"Extremely lovely"
The Mandarin Oriental in Dc was wonderful the staff was very warm and friendly the Hotel's decor was beautiful. The location was perfect the room was well appointed the bathroom was the icing on the cake. Great hotel will definitely be a returning guest in future trips to Dc.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2013
Stacy
"Great Get-away hotel."
Very nice hotel, with a fabulous restaurant. Great weekend get-away.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Really enjoyed our stay at the Mandarin Oriental. The staff was very nice and helpful. It is a little bit tucked away but thought of it more as a hidden treasure.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
"Spacious accomodations"
Always wanted to stay at a Mandarin and finally stayed here while visiting family for Christmas. Location is EASY in/out from/to DCA. Would say hotel is geared more for business travelers than tourists, though. Need to taxi to restaurants and sites. Staff was exceptional. Room, closet and bath were huge! Bath could use a little more attention--dust on marble baseboard and a little mildew in shower, but overall clean, comfortable room. Decor throughout hotel is simple/borders on sparse.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
Mrs
"Close to the museums"
Our family had an excellent stay at the Mandarin Oriental over the holidays. The beds were comfortable, the rooms very quiet, and the shower fantastic. It was an easy walk to both the metro and the museums. The front desk and front door staff were very attentive, especially Phillipe. I would like for the hotel to have offered free Wi-Fi. Other less prestigious hotels we've stayed in have offered Wi-Fi; certainly for the cost of staying at this hotel this amenity could be offered. My only other negative comment is the service in the restaurant was slow and breakfast was pricey.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2012
"Excellent Hotel"
We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel was spotless and the location was very convenient for seeing all of the sights. Service and facilities were also very good. Last time we were in DC we stayed at the Willard while we attended a wedding and this experience was as good if not better. Highly recommend this hotel.
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2012
"Great hotel for everyone."
Great service and location, excellent spa, super restaurants!
Other trip Dec 25, 2012
"Top quality service"
My wife and I chose this as a local getaway for our anniversary weekend. We found the highest level of service at the Mandarin Oriental, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Room service was top notch as well. We only regret not booking spa services ahead of time, as they were already booked on the day, and were not able to accomodate out schedule. We'll be sure to plan ahead next time.
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2012
Mark B.
"Great family hotel"
This place really caters to their guests. The ambiance is so warm, relaxing and friendly. If you have kids, the pool is a huge bonus and quite large. The Tai Pan club lounge is totally worth the extra money to upgrade especially if you are 2 or more people. The location is ideal and close to everything. Can't wait to stay here again
Other trip Dec 2, 2012
Rocco
"Loud neighbors and train"
Loud phones in nearby rooms to 4 am. The worst part were the cargo trains every hour or so. The entire room vibrated and was loud as heck. Do not recommend this hotel for the high price. Stay closer to the action also.
1 night trip Nov 17, 2012
"Can't miss romantic spot"
My wife and I spent our second anniversary celebration here. this place is awesome!
1 night trip Nov 3, 2012