All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
711 Pacific Beach Drive, San Diego, CA, 92109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Dirty
    Bad breakfast
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Uncomfortable
"Awesome, Affordable spot, on the beach"
My wife and I stayed at the Surfer Beach Hotel for 6 nights. We arrived before our check in time, but the staff was more than accommodating and allowed us to check in early. The room had a view of the beach, which was partially obstructed by the restaurant in front of the hotel. It wasn't a big deal though, because we could still see the sunset every night. The hotel is located in a great spot with several very good restaurants and drinking establishments within close walking distance (or stumbling). The staff was very friendly and very professional. The only con I could think of would be that there is no AC unit in the room. There is however a tower fan, which in combination with the cool breeze off the ocean at night made a very comfortable sleeping environment.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"On the beach, it doesn't get much better."
Great hotel, we've stayed before. Staff was really great. Went out of their way to accommodate us. About the only thing I would comment on was the carpet. They hadn't been thoroughly cleaned (like steam cleaned) in a while. When we walked on them with our bare feet, the bottom of our feet turned black. We noticed this when we walked on the bathroom tile floor and saw black foot marks. This hotel is right on the beach and I imagine people walk in with wet, dirty feet from the beach or the pool. It wasn't a really big deal. We just wore our shoes in the room.
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Ed
"Location, location, location"
Loved our stay, the location can't be beat. Almost every room has an ocean view, and you are right across the sidewalk from the beach. The hotel staff was wonderful, friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The furniture was a little on the cheap side, the arms of the sofa were ripped, but the mattress was comfortable and the room was very clean. It was in the upper 70's during our stay and we were comfortable without air conditioning, the rooms have sliding glass doors on one side and windows on the other so there is a plenty of ventilation with the ocean breeze.
4 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
Love this place, perfect location, right on the beach close to great bars and restaurants, can't wait to go back
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
When booking this hotel we did not realize there would be no air conditioning. It was a little warm in the room. There was a fan provided in the closet but we did not find it until the next morning before checking out. The room was nice and had a great view of the ocean and is in a great location.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Robin
"A great time in PB"
The hotel is a little old and dated. but a good value for the money spent. It was clean and the staff was terrific; very helpful. As for the neighborhood it was the perfect place to be in PB. The restaurant at the hotel has excellent food and very fair prices.
4 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
I stayed here with my two children (ages 16 & 14) for three nights. The first night we arrived late (Sat), party by the pool and guests were loud. The room view was excellent, however the room was just OK. Parking was available but for a daily fee. No air conditioning in room and no chair. We did find a portable fan in closet that was useful. The screen door to patio came off track and asked front desk to have someone fix. Returned to room to see that the screen door was back on track, however came off immediately once again. The cleaning staff was excellent. The location of hotel was ideal and we did have small refrigerator. I am glad we stayed, just a little disappointed with room and having to pay for parking. I suggest walking south along Mission Boulevard for some cute and trendy places to eat.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
MomO3
"Good enough for a beach hotel"
Rooms are old and feel like it. We got used to the room after being there a day. Motel six would be an upgrade to give you a comparison. You have to ask for wash cloths for the room. Service seemed fine. Woodys hamburgers is right in front of hotel on beach (great burgers).We paid $150 night through Hotels.com which was about the max I would pay only because the hotel is on the beach. Parking is tight but we always got a spot. If you have a full size vehicle it will be real tight to park. Bottom floors have no view of ocean.
4 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
JEFFREY
"Great locality, staff, food"
Super friendly staff, accommodating. Willing to extend our stay 2 additional times because we were enjoying ourselves didn't want to leave. On site restaurant delicious foods. Great Happy hour deals. Centered around so many activities
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"Our Vacation"
The location of this hotel can't be beat. My biggest issue is the rooms are very small and no air conditioning. It was very muggy and very uncomfortable. But being right on the beach was awesome!
3 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Gerald
"Good location but..."
This hotel is right on the beach but there is no air conditioning and if your room is on the first floor facing the parking lot there is no ocean breeze. We also didn't feel comfortable sleeping with our windows open because there were a lot of people walking around. The bed was lumpy and the parking was horrible. There is no guarantee on a parking space.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Ocean view was great. Peace and quiet"
This place was beautiful views hotel staff was great.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
angel
"Be careful in the summer"
NO AIR CONDITIONING. ITS A BIG DEAL.
2 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Andrea
"Had a wonderful time!"
The hotel was right next to the beach, the view of the ocean was amazing, and there are so many places to eat and drink within walking distance.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Jones
"Room with a view. ."
The ocean view room is the way to go. The breeze was very much needed. Location is unbeatable.
3 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Decent hotel, steps to the beach!"
No table or chair in the room. The hotel is so close to the beach which makes it the reason why we have stayed here 3 times. Nothing fancy about it, but the price is good for the location.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Jenny
"Surfer beach A+"
This was a very convenient place to stay, right on the beach with great views and a great location. The room was nice, not great but definitely decent.
3 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
Smallish room. Found an old sock on the floor. Service is superior, though, and the location can't be beat. Expensive for what you get.
3 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
Kristy
"Dump of a hotel close to the beach"
Do yourself a favor, don't stay here. The place is old, dirty, dank. If you have a big car or truck, good luck parking it. Great location in PB but that's it. Would never stay here again.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Ron
"Close to the beach"
Small hotel close to the beach. Close to restaurants and activities.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
"Location above everything else"
I was traveling for business and I was only in town for one night. Everyone else stayed next to the airport but I knew it would be worth staying at the beach. I could have stayed at a nicer hotel for the same price but I would rather stay in a mid quality hotel and wake up on the beach instead of staying in a luxury hotel anywhere else. I went swimming in the Pacific Ocean in the morning and I was back in Brooklyn eating at my favorite restaurant that same night. Not a bad business trip if you ask me.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
Matthew
"Horrible"
Great location, horrible facility. Advertised as "amazing", well it is not! Old is ok if it is kept up, however this hotel is not. Old couch made of plastic and the legs were broken. Bathroom smelled horrible and there were bugs in the shower. Floors had not been vacuumed and stuff was sticking to our feet. We bolted within one hour. Booked another local hotel that was amazing. Too bad I had to loose $1200 to Expedia :( My suggestion would be to have someone travel to each location to make sure it is rated correctly and worth the money.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Great hotel, great location"
We requested a beach view room that directly faced the ocean and it was totally worth it! Our single king bed room was very nice and very clean. It is the perfect location if you want to walk out and be directly on the beach, boardwalk, or be within prime walking distance to popular locations in PB. The staff was also friendly and helpful. I would recommend this to friends and family and will be staying here again in the future.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"Ocean View Was Amazing"
I loved staying here. The gentleman at the front desk was amazing as well.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Jackie
"Nice hotel close to the beach and restaurants."
No chairs in the room to seat, terrible, neck breaking pillows, no vacuuming the floor.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
Janos
"Hotel close to the beach"
There is not much to say about the hotel besides the fact that its close to the beach. The rooms are small, but it worked. It gave me a nice bed to sleep in, and a bathroom to bath in, and a beautiful view of the beach. It was great to sleep being able to hear the ocean all night. Hotel staff was great, they allowed me to check in early so I could park my car and get onto the beach before my room was even ready.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Andres
We left on the second day instead of staying for the 3 nights that were originally scheduled. The property felt run down and unsafe. The shower was too Small and did not have a light. The carpet was extremely worn and appeared dirty.
3 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
william
"Perfectly located beachfront hotel"
This hotel is right on the beach, and right on the border between Mission Beach and Pacific Beach. The location is great, and there are plenty of places to eat, drink, and rent bikes close at hand. The hotel is a mid-century cinder-block construction, with a nice retro look on the outside. Inside, the rooms have been kept reasonably up to date.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Juanita
"Perfectly located beachfront hotel"
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Juanita
"Nice family stay."
Great time. No AC in the rooms, not that big of a deal. The ocean breeze is nice. Great view of the beach. The pool closes at 9 which really quiets things down. Room was clean. Staff was nice when we needed an iron, they brought it right up.
2 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Very shabby. Rooms were very small bathrooms were terrible Staff were very friendly
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Great location, but the rest is better elsewhere."
Great location, but this is not a hotel, this is a run down motel 6! The is a small recption, and the pool area is quite nice. The rooms are very basic, the carpets old and dirty, the bathroom very small, shower very small. Worse "hotel i have stayed at for years". The high price paid could give me a first class hotel room almost anywhere else in the world. BUT the location is great, its very quiet (except for sound from the sea)and the view from the forth floor was great, although facing south we could not see the sunset. AND the restaurant next door is great and the food and wine cheap and delicious.
6 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
Anton
Excellent service, very good welcoming, defenatelly I'll recommend it to all of my friends. Thanks alot
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
excellent
"On the beach"
Hotel right in the beach with private access. Hotel itself is sketchy. Hand prints on headboard were creepy! Sticky night stand. Great view and the sliding glass doors were well sealed for noise. Come here to enjoy the ocean not the room.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Perfect location."
Perfect location on the beach. everything is a short walk away (restaurants, bars, CVS, shopping, etc). if we wanted to go to the zoo or La Jolla we were only a short, cheap uber ride away. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
Hayley
"Perfect location!"
This hotel is 2 star accommodations with a 5 star location. If your looking for luxury, this is not your hotel. But, if your interested in a hotel with the perfect location and a friendly staff, stay here. I loved it.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Staff was excellent, friendly and accommodating. Location was ideal and a good value.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"Economical Beachside Hotel"
The hotel is conveniently located on the beach and close to most all the attractions. It has a wonderful hotel staff that goes above and beyond to help someone who is not familiar with the area. I went on an annual girl trip with my best friend and we were pleased that there was a boardwalk that led to several restaurants and the beach was so convenient and so clean! The only complaint we had was that the cleaning staff did not get to our room in a timely manner and the last two days, we just got fresh towels from them. We would be gone most all day and come in to an unclean room ready to rest before going out again. Everything else was great and I would go back again for sure!
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Gloria
"Great location, loud at night- but fun!"
Epic location on the beach, and in the center of PB!
2 night family trip May 25, 2015
"On the beach, ocean view and pool."
Awesome location right on the boardwalk of Pacific Beach. About a mile walk to Mission Beach and Belmont Park. My three girls loved the pool and my husband and I loved the patio to people watch!
Other trip May 31, 2015
Sue
"Welcome to the most uncomfortable beds is CA."
I was disappointed with the level of comfort this hotel offered. The beds were so bad we ended up buying an air mattress to sleep on during our stay of 4 days. The carpet was dirty and they haven't vacuumed at all during the time we were there. The good part was that the front desk staff was nice and the hotel is right on the beach.
Other trip May 30, 2015
Family of 4
"steps away from beach."
Great location.Walking distance to shops,restaurants,bars and of course the beach.Staff was very helpful and kind.Bus stop right outside hotel to take to attractions.
Other trip May 30, 2015
linda
"Cali trip"
Ok
1 night family trip May 21, 2015
Joel
"Smells like mold"
The room smelled like mold and the view out the window was horrible I had a truck grill and bumper staring me right in the face when laying in bed. We booked this room months in advance. All night we heard garbage getting thrown in dumpster from near by restaurants and trash man was emptying dumpster at 7 in morning
Other trip May 26, 2015
It was ok, I was only for 4 days there. The rooms are very small and the bathroom is really old. They don't have hairdryer in the room either.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Wonderful stay!"
We stay with this hotel at least once a year! Only complaint was that my boyfriend thought the bed was a bit uncomfortable. I slept well though. Otherwise Thank you for another great stay!
Other trip May 24, 2015
Ashley
"Bad hotel with grea ocean views"
A surprise. We understood the hotel was renovated. Well....no hot water in sinnk...my husband had to use the ice bucket to get hit b water from the tub to shave. The bed is old and sagging.... not comfortable at all. Staff were gresy, friendly. The sink is just left of entering the door, in fact the door covers the sink. The door stop was positiloned such that you would hit it with your feet. Oh, and tight parking codts anither $15 a night. Never again!!!!
Other trip May 23, 2015
Jim & Pat
"Great spot on the beach"
Beautiful view of the surf. Exceptional service. Next door to several excellent restaurants. Highly recommended.
Other trip May 21, 2015
PhilS
"Awesome beach vacation!"
This was our second time staying here and it won't be our last. The staff is super friendly and accommodating. The location is perfect, within walking distance of everything you need and right on the beach. Plus the view is amazing! We love it here!
Other trip May 18, 2015
Carli
"Stay here every year!"
Stay here every year! Staff is great. On the beach.
2 night family trip May 10, 2015