All hotels in Vienna, Austria
Pasteurgasse 1, Vienna, Vienna, 1090, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Okay but just okay"
The hotel was an easy walk to a number of attractions. The hotel staff seemed a bit disinterested with everything and were not particularly helpful. The included breakfast had a good variety.
4 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"Alsergrund Ringstrasse"
Close to Park, Museums, Volksoper, U-bahn, Restaurants Ideal location if you want to see the innenstadt of Wien.
Other trip May 9, 2015
fred

"Ruhiges Hotel in guter Lage"
Wir waren 5 Tage in Wien.Vom Hauptbahnhof mit der Linie D ohne umsteigen fast vor das Hotel.Gutes Frühstücksbuffet,großes Zimmer,Bad und Toilette getrennt.Geschäfte und Gaststätten in der nähe. Wir kommen wieder.
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
DE
"buon albergo x visitare la citta"
ottima esperienza anche sotto la pioggia ,albergo ottimo a 15min a piedi dal centro(catt.santostefano) albergo a 5min da metro e 200met.dalla fermata tram D che attraversa tutta la città fino al belvedere.unica pecca reception non parla italiano
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
giovanni
IT
"Sehr gutes Hotel in guter Lage"
Das Hotel ist meiner Meinung nach durchweg zu empfehlen. Die Lage ist nicht direkt zentral, aber durch gute Anbindung an den ÖPNV ist das kein Problem.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Nico
DE
3 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
Hege-Anita

TripAdvisor reviews for Strudlhof Hotel & Palais

"Quiet neighbourhood hotel in Vienna"
08/25/15 Daphne L Sydney
We stayed in Room 701 which was on the top floor with dormer windows that restricted head room and the view. The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the D tram that takes you into the city in 10 minutes. Also close to the above ground railway station that will take you directly to Schonbrunn Palace. Great breakfast - small selection, but excellent quality. Supermarket, bars and restaurants close by. Recommend you buy the Vienna card so you can ride the trams, buses and trains all day - a great way to get around. Great internet connection. As with most European hotels, the shower is over the bath
"Excellent hotel"
07/31/15 AlexBlack88 Belgrade, Serbia
Choose this hotel and you WONT regret it. Everything was great, food, service, cleanliness, location, staff. Rooms are spacious, with new furniture, bath tub, hair dryer, tv, writing table, air condition, and they clean them daily. You can use gym,spa and roof terace with great view. Food was very good, fresh and there was a great selection of meals and drinks each morning. Its located in central zone of the city, and you have access to even two metro lines and numerous other ways of transport, so you can explore this breathtakingly beautiful city with ease and comfort. Only objection is very slow wifi, but for me personaly it wasnt very big deal.
"Amazing"
07/27/15 Haneen A
I honesty liked this hotel! big rooms, comfortable beds, kind staff: They talk English very well which you hardly find in European countries, and they help you whatever you ask for even if they don't know they search for you, helped us to plan our trip in Vienna. The breakfast is so good, fast wifi, and not far from the center of the city, about 20 minutes walk. The thing that I didn't like is the AC, at night they turn it off and you wake up in the middle of the night sweating.. otherwise it's amazing and recommended.
"Nice Staff but awful AC"
07/24/15 Sadie C San Antonio, Texas
My husband and I spent 1 night here while backpacking Europe. It's a decent 10 minute walk from the closest train station. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Their 'business center' was down, so they offered to let me email them some documents I needed printed and they printed them for me at no charge. They had a nice breakfast buffet that was included. The reason I only give it 3 stars is because of the AC. I specifically booked this hotel because it had AC at a fair price. It worked great at first, but it was 30 C when we woke up the next morning. It felt like we slept in a sauna. According to one staff member, the AC turns off every morning at 3AM. NOT cool...literally.
"Good hotel, nice part of Vienna"
07/19/15 Ian_from_Canberra Canberra, Australia
I really liked this place. Excellent rate, decent sized and equipped room, etc. The area it's located in is quietish, but with a good variety of places to eat within walking distance. Also walking distance to the tram which got me to the city centre in about 15 mins. Only small gripes I had were the service at reception when I first arrived was curt rather than friendly (although later when I asked for assistance it was good and prompt) and the temperature in the breakfast room - to be fair it was hot in Vienna this week and the breakfast room has large windows, but it could do with some shades and/or better aircon. Breakfast was pretty good by the way.
"Nice hotel, good location"
05/26/15 Consolata B
It's a nice hotel with a very good location. Everything is in a quite short walking-distance. The staff is very nice and helpful. Breakfast is excellet, you can choose within a wide range of food. Bedrooms are clean and large enough!
"Not the best, was expecting more for "4 Stars""
04/29/15 Chris M Berlin, Germany
I booked this hotel on Orbitz for a reasonable price, and was quite excited. It is technically a "4 star hotel" so I was expecting much more than I received at the end. All in all, the hotel is clean, rooms are decent, and the breakfast buffet was excellent. However, I had some problems with my first room which I will explain. I arrived around 9 in the morning (as I had just come on an international overnight flight into Vienna), and I proceeded to check-in, or at least leave my bag at the hotel. I was checked-in by a rather unpleasant, couldn't be bothered woman. I do speak German, but she seemed irritated that I was speaking slowly, or that I was there to check-in so early. I just wanted to leave my bag and explore the city! I didn't necessarily need a room. However, a room was available so I proceeded to room 102, which was a pleasant surprise as I was not expecting to check-in so early. To other travelers, please be warned about room 102. I think the room was out of service, but the staff put me in there because I arrived so early. The room's door does not lock, and I had a housekeeper walk right into my room (to check the mini bar in the afternoon?) without me opening the door, while I was attempting to take a nap in the afternoon. Additionally, there was no "privacy please" sign in my room. The room's air conditioning was broken, and it began to get extremely hot and humid in the room throughout the day (even on the coldest setting). However, the worst part was the ants in the bathroom. When I arrived, there were a few ants in the bathtub, and it was no problem to wash them away. However, I went to take a shower upon my return from Vienna later that night only to discover an ant infestation in the bathroom! There were tons. I immediately proceeded to the reception, and the nice receptionist understood, and gave me another room. I won't post a picture of the ants (unless the hotel management would like to see) because the problem was resolved quickly and promptly. I understand that things like this happen in hotels, however I don't really appreciate being put in a room with so many problems, especially in a "4 Star" hotel. Other than that, my new room was decent. It is quite dated, but clean and of decent size. I found it a little tacky that the room in a "4 star" hotel had the hangars which are designed so people don't steal them...this feels a bit "hostel-esque" to be frank. Bed was comfortable and tv was good with a decent amount of channels. WIFI was excellent. Bathroom was decent-sized and water pressure in the shower was great. It's in a nice, quiet location of Vienna situated just near the US Embassy. I decided to switch hotels for my second night in Vienna. I stayed at a place with way less frills and had such a better experience. The staff of Strudlhof was mostly friendly, except the one younger woman working the reception in the mornings, who seemed that she couldn't be bothered. Breakfast buffet was included in the price and was excellent with a ton of fresh choices. Overall, not bad, but definitely expected more than I received. A bit disappointing and probably wouldn't stay here again.
"Very good, quiet hotel!"
03/16/15 bropaul Morristown,NJ
A friend from Vienna recommended this hotel and it was an excellent tip. As others have mentioned, it's in a cul de sac so there is no traffic in front or behind. It is clean, modern and well-situated, not right downtown, but close enough by streetcar. I had a single room, which I assumed would be tiny, but it was not. The bathroom was also very spacious. The breakfast was very nice and varied. My only complaint concerns the coffee machines in the breakfast room. There always seemed to be some problem with one or the other. The staff was mostly young and friendly. I would definitely stay again.
"Christmas in vienna"
01/08/15 Beckawreck Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Quiet cul de sac, easy walk to transportation, lovely breakfast included with your room every morning. Friendly staff. Very pleased with our room on the 7 th floor. Clean on arrival and the room was attended to daily and promptly. Mini bar in our room was convenient! The staff was very attentive to our needs. We would definitely stay here again. We were here for two weeks with two rooms . All were pleased!
"Quite good hotel"
12/24/14 Tom S Prague, Czech Republic
Location was ok, three stops by tram to City Hall, calm area. Hotel looks modern, rooms are modern, nice and quite clean. Bathroom is very nice I would say. Breakfast was delicious! Staff helped me when I had problem with room, so they changed on 11PM, however, I would expect more information during check-in, that was less than good. To sum it up, for the price I paid it is very good standard.