All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
943 South Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA, 94110, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.9
"Unique & Charming"
I really liked this hotel as it was truly a unique experience. I will stay here again.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Shannon
"Modern comforts in a Victorian B&B"
Wonderful staff. Treats you like a family guest and tends to all your needs. Arrived at 8am on a red-eye flight from Atlanta, GA. They opened the door and said, "Come in and have breakfast. Your room will be ready in an hour and you can nap." Wow..totally unexpected!
3 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Grace
"Best stay in San Francisco!"
Beautiful place, warm and friendly staff, convenient location and parking. Delicious breakfast.
2 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
"Beautiful and Clean. A unique experience."
We arrived much earlier than anticipated - four hours before check in time - and were welcomed in and treated to a free breakfast while we waited our room to be cleaned. The hotel was meticulously clean and the staff were very professional and very helpful. The hotel has some delightful features, the roof top patio, the victorian style, the quaint rooms, the free sherry, and the outstanding breakfast buffet! Located in the Mission District, there are plenty of great restaurants and sites to see within walking distance. We spent the entire first day walking around and the next day we jumped on the public bus and went all over the city. It's a great location but if you want to wake up looking at Fisherman's Wharf or the Golden Gate Bridge, this may not be the place for you. The hotel is located on a residential street in one of the oldest neighborhoods - it's not really a tourist mecca but that is exactly why we chose it!
2 night romance trip Apr 6, 2015
"What a find!"
Fantastic. Staff is super friendly and accommodating. Lovely gem in the Mission District.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Janette
"Down home in Frisco"
Wonderful B&B with an outstanding breakfast service and parking! Convenient location well managed and very user friendly. Would recommend highly!
3 night romance trip Mar 2, 2015
Joseph L
"Lovely Victorian Inn"
Both my husband and I greatly enjoyed our stay. We were upgraded to a room on the main floor which was beautiful. The staff and owner were very friendly and helpful. The Inn is an old home so there are a lot of steep stairs as there are most everywhere in San Francisco. Ask for a first floor room if you are not a "walker'. We also loved the delicious and plentiful breakfast/brunch. We will stay here again if/when we return!
2 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
"Beautiful and comfortable"
Gorgeous Victorian B&B with comfortable rooms, lovely public spaces (indoors and outside) and a generous, delicious breakfast. The staff was very helpful and thoughtful. Just a perfect stay.
3 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"Victorian gem hidden in plain sight in the Mission"
Spent three nights at the Inn while visiting my daughter who lives in the Mission District of the City. Great location, friendly helpful staff, very Victorian harking back to early 1900s San Francisco, generous buffet breakfast. I definitely would recommend the Inn to others.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"9 day business stay"
Great find! Very friendly service, really beautiful rooftop deck and backyard, good internet, good continental breakfast. And great accessibility to Bart. Hot tub was under repair during our stay which is the only thing that could have made our trip better.
9 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Kathleen
"Lovely Stay"
I was lucky to find this lovely B&B located in the Mission District. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are looking to stay near this neighborhood. Service was fantastic from the minute I arrived until my departure, and I was upgraded to an amazing (and huge!) room.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"Wonderful Stay"
This was a great place to stay. Friendly helpful staff and a very charming Victorian home. It is such a nice bonus that they have a back yard!
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"Wonderful Getaway"
This was they cutest place ever. The rooms were fabulous, the service was outstanding, and the main room/dining area was so lovely. I definitely plan on staying here again.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Morgan
"Great spot in beautiful Potrero Hill area of SF"
Really enjoyed staying at the Inn! Great breakfast - fresh fruit, vegetarian quiches and so much more! Clean cozy rooms, old Victorian style building and interior. I'd definitely stay again!
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
An
"GOEGEOUS SF VICTORIAN"
ROOF TOP 360 VIEWS OF ESS EFF JACUZZI TUB W/ROBES <3 CANDY, FRESH FRUIT IN-ROOM
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
I'm Awesome
"My favorite place to stay in SF"
This is a wonderful bed and breakfast, very comfortable, cheerful, good location. The breakfast buffet was fantastic! I will be back.
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2014
Bridgid
"Classic Victorian inn reminiscent of yesteryear"
Charming and stately, I'm so glad we discovered The Inn. We will definitely be staying here again and will certainly recommend it to our family and friends visiting the city who want something special and reminiscent of days gone by. The location is very convenient to all parts of the city. The staff was as courteous and helpful as could be and the breakfast spread was absolutely outstanding. Parking for SF was not too difficult and we came with two cars. Check in/check out times were very accommodating and we were given our choice of three different rooms when we arrived. The rooftop deck has an amazing 360° view of the city and the garden patio in back is very charming. All in all, The Inn is a treasure that I strongly recommend. Cant wait to stay there again.
1 night romance trip Nov 5, 2014
Very good experience. Would stay again and recommend. Very charming.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
lari
"awesome as always"
Staying at the Inn is always a pleasant experience. I love all the amazing period decoration.
2 night business trip Apr 16, 2014
"Cosy in the sunnier part of the city"
The personal quality of the service and the genuine hospitality were tops. The orchids which live at the Inn and the breakfasts were both outstanding. The roof deck and back yard offered places to get away from the street outdoors. We found the Inn very easily and it was easy to walk or drive from. We appreciated the secure indoor parking.
2 night family trip Apr 9, 2014
G.P.
I have only positive things to say about my stay and that I look forward to returning and advising friends of the Inn.
6 night trip Mar 4, 2014
Irene
"Great find"
Everything was perfect. Only issue was the bed was very hard for me. Add memory foam topper to bed and all would have been perfect. Lovely place, wonderful staff, and fabulous healthy breakfast. Location was great, just a few miles from Union Square.
1 night trip Nov 19, 2013
Rainbows
Great hotel! Marty is the best host who goes at length to make you feel right at home. The breakfast buffet was excellent with fresh fruits and baked goods. The location is perfect with close access to many restaurants and cafés. Highly recommend it.
3 night trip Nov 5, 2013
Youssef
"Great Inn with a homey feeling"
I absolutely loved being in the Inn. First of all I was greeted very warmly by the staff and even though I arrived a bit early they let me check in to the room early and gave me a tour of the place. There are so many small touches that make it feel like a home away from home - coffee all day, cookies, fruit, newspapers, books, magazines, a scrumptious breakfast better than any I'd had traveling all around Europe. My room was the smaller one in the Inn but it was still cozy, clean and comfortable. I usually don't go into lobbies of hotels but this lobby area, which is really like the family room, was so inviting I found myself going there whenever I had a few minutes spare time. The Inn was also located in a perfect place for me since my daughter lives in the Mission area. They gave me a map of all the restaurants in the area that are recommended and it was terrific seeing so many choices. The first one I went to was just a few minutes walk away and the food was excellent, just like the recommendation. Absolutely everyone at the Inn made me feel at home and they even invited my daughter to join me in breakfast, something I found above and beyond what any other place would have done. I am definitely going to be coming back!
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
dina
"Awesome Hotel"
Wonderful hotel with lots of character in a fun neighborhood. Warm and inviting environment with great customer service.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2013
Jessie
"Gem"
Centrally located in Mission section of town. Amazing service, responsive to question before and during stay, fantastic breakfast, and overall top notch classy. I recommend. Pricey, but everything in SF seems to be.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2013
Ken
"Fantastic place - cozy and romantic"
I can't think of a thing I could give a negative comment about. The staff is amazing. The hotel is something special - a little get away in a great location. Friendly, romantic and unique - we will be back
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
"Beautifully fantastic with old world charm"
I had only stayed at a few bed and breakfasts in my life and this is the best one hands down! The quiet room the friendly, helpful staff were a Godsend and the plethera of breakfast selections served until 11 AM were unsurpassed!! We didn't feel rushed to make it to breakfast we could lounge in bed until we were ready to get up. I also really loved the fresh flowers and fruit in the room. If I had a complaint which I am pressed to do so it is that the H2O in the shower fluctuated hot and cold willy nilly. Anyone who says this B&B is haunted is a lunatic! We experienced NONE of the paranormal activity claimed in this establishment.
Other trip Mar 15, 2013
Raven
"personal touch and great location"
Love everything about this hotel - personal touch, Victorian style deco, friendly staff, convenient location, a tranquil court yard, panoramic patio and great breakfast. The only catch is that you may not want to leave the hotel to explore other sights since it’s so nice!
1 night trip Feb 24, 2013
Mei
"Character, charm and awesomeness"
Great hosts and great character in a perfect location. Tons of wonderful restaurants nearby.
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2013
"Best B&B Experience in 29 Years"
Incredible, quaint B&B with real genuine service. Never had a stay quite like it.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2012

"Friendly."
Nice place. Friendly. Would recommend.
7 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
"Home away from home"
What an excellent stay. It's an adult style B&B that is calm, peaceful, mature & relaxing. If you like classical music, a glass of port and reading a good article in the New Yorker yet completely unpretenious you will LOVE this place. I actually miss it and will go back.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
Dona
Lovely place, nice extra touches. Breakfast as good as the pictures!
4 night romance trip Oct 4, 2012
"A pleasant experience but not 5/5"
As others have said, it's on a busy street, really well placed for public transport, but has rooms away from traffic noise. It has 21 stairs per floor, but no lift, a fabulous rooftop terrace, a lovely back garden and spa area, a common parlour where we spent much time, including playing Scrabble and meeting other guests. The staff appear to have thought of most everything, including terrey robes in the rooms and towels out by the spa. Choclolates, sweets/lollies/candy are liberally available, some drinks for you to purchase on an honour system and tea & coffee 24/7. Parking is not easy but can be arranged. The staff were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and helpful - really unbeatable in that respect. Breakfast was as advertised, but some days you had to be inventive about where to sit and eat it. Some better organisation on the breakfast front would help it run smoother I think. The decor is entirely appropriate, but is getting a bit shabby in parts - blinds that no longer work, curtains that are faded and thinning, and incredibly, no window catches or locks. Having said that, the experience was friendly, homely, comfortable, clean and entirely pleasant. The neighbourhood scared us, but that's probably due to our own ignorance of the locals, not necessarily the locals themselves.
Other trip Sep 29, 2012
IBCS

"Really charming hotel"
This is a really nice hotel. The service is excellent, the garden and hot tub wonderful and the interior of both rooms and the rest of the hotel is soo beautiful with fresh flower, antiques and decorations. Plus the breakfast is really fresh and has lots of choices. One of the best and most personal hotels I've ever stayed at.
1 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
Louise
SE
great service, great environment, thanks for Lisa, thanks for Guppy[the dog of owner]. I will select the Inn hotel again.
3 night trip Feb 5, 2014
lang
CN
"The cosiest place in town"
I was well impressed by the hotel, its location and its staff. I could have asked for nothing more. The room was beautiful and spacious, the breakfast was varied and I totally enjoyed both the sun deck and the garden. The hotel is situated right in the heart of The mission, within walking distance from cool bars and nice restaurants. It is a little on the expensive side, but well worth it in the end.
1 night trip with friends Nov 12, 2013
Iggy
SE
"第二の故郷"
ビクトリアン建築様式の美しさにこちらのInn(BB)を選択、5泊しました。 1870年建築のテイストをそのまま残しつつも、良くメンテナンスされています。宿泊した2階・21号室は道路側に面した(かなり交通量の多い通り)部屋だった為、夜眠れるかと当初心配していましが、ベッドマットレスの極上の眠り心地に心配は無用でした。部屋はとても広く、ビクトリアンテイストの好きな方にはたまらないと思います。室内には生花、キャンディー、ナイトチョコレートが常時補充されてます。一番の嬉しい驚きは、(日本からのフライトの為)時差による影響で深夜2時、4時に覚醒して困ったのですが、階下にある2部屋続きのパーラー(リビングフロアー)は24時間素敵な照明が点灯しており、何時でも様々な飲み物が可能です。しかもそんな時間でもクラシカル音楽が流れていて感激でした^^♪ 裏庭にあるHot bathも24時間利用可能で、毎晩(深夜~朝方)利用しましたが、こんな時間帯でもお湯の温度は最適でした(40度前後)。是非水着を持参することをお勧めします。ビュッフェ形式の朝食はここのハイライトです:ありとあらゆる程の新鮮で甘い果物と、ハム・チーズ、キッシュ、ゆで卵、選択に迷う程のパンの種類の多さ、食後のパイ、またオレンジジュースは今までに味わった事が無いほどの美味しさに驚きました。しかも朝食の提供時間が7時から11時までと4時間もあり、他のホテルやBBでは絶対あり得ない事です。 オーナーやスタッフ達もビジネス的な対応ではなく、とても気さくでフレンドリー、必要な問いには全て答えてくれ、マスコット犬のGuppyも宿泊客のおもてなしを良く心得ていて外出から戻ると尾っぽを振りながら走り寄って膝に飛び乗り、写真に収めようとするとポージングも上手です(*^_^*) 第二の故郷的な感覚を覚えた、とても温かいBBでした。SFにまた行くことがあれば絶対また利用します。
Other trip Dec 19, 2012
過去からの旅人
JP
"Unglaublich schön und viele Details."
Unglaublich schön. Das Personal immer hilfreich und nett. Die Lage ist perfekt in The Mission. Viele Details: Schocko im Zimmer, Porto und Sherry im algemeinen Raum, etc.
Other trip Dec 9, 2012
DE
Stimmungsvolles B&B. Sehr empfehlenswert!
Other trip Sep 3, 2012
FR

TripAdvisor reviews for The Inn San Francisco

"My home in SF!"
08/27/15 Em B Los Angeles, California
The staff made me feel like family and the hotel and rooms are beautiful, historic, but also so comfortable. The neighborhood is amazing - the Mission is lovely, very conveniently located between two BART stations. The other guests who choose to come here are respectful and engaged in the experience. The complimentary breakfast is also fantastic!!
"Wonderful, quaint B& B in the city!"
08/27/15 JSmith315 Maryville, Tennessee
My husband and I stayed several weeks ago and couldn't have been more pleased. We arrived late due to our flights and were greeted with a smile. Our room was lovely and we had a nice balcony to enjoy. Breakfast was terriffic with a wide variety of options. They have a nice rooftop balcony to enjoy the sights and sounds of the city. The staff is wonderful. You might hear another guest but there is polite signage asking folks to observe a quiet hour so as not to disturb other guests. I would easily stay here again on a return visit.
"Perfect magical stay. Book a room!"
08/14/15 codish Beersheba, Israel
Easily one of the best hotels we ever stayed at - perfect hospitality and magical Victorian setting. Absolutely everything about the inn is great - with an emphasis on hospitality - this place really makes you feel at home, from check in to check out and beyond. The staff is absolutely and incredibly friendly and helpful - even without anything else, this would be reason enough to highly recommend the inn. The room was perfect - comfortable beds, great bath products, etc. The attention to detail is was really stand out: * perfect generous and varied breakfast (great music!) * inexpensive and rapid laundry service * the roof terrace with great view * Port and(or?) Sherry, coffee, tea, fruit - available 24\7 in the lobby * a huge variety of magazines and books for adults and games for kids (chess set in the room!) * chocolate in the rooms * free super updated San Francisco tour guides to borrow * hot tub for relaxation after long SF days Location is within a short Uber ride from downtime, also near buses and BART subway for about 30 minutes into downtown and all attractions. Some really good restaurants int he neighborhood and you will get a convenient map of them all. We stayed in the garden cottage which was a perfect setting for our family of five.
"This is the best hotel I visited!"
08/08/15 Sshifman
This is the best hotel I visited! The main reasons are: First, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. You feel like this is your friends house. Second, the rooms and the entire hotel are beautifully decorated with antiques and flowers. Third, breakfast is rich and served in elegant way. Staying here will become a large part of our visit to San Fransisco.
"Super charming Victorian B&B experience"
08/06/15 GOfifer Santa Monica, California
Super charming Victorian B&B makes you feel as if you stepped back in time. The rooms are appointed nicely with Victorian decor everywhere. I love the common rooms downstairs with the complimentary candy, fruit, tea, coffee, port wine, board games, San Francisco history books... it's charming. The staff is super nice. I was on the 3rd floor (walk up) and though my room is small, it's fine, and the bed is super comfortable. My only complaint is that the room smells a bit like plumbing,,, maybe they are having septic tank issues... I'm only staying one night and by the time I noticed the staff had gone home, so no chance for me to complain and switch rooms. I suspect it's a temporary issue.
"WOW"
07/31/15 Danabri Seattle, Washington
What a small charming gem in the heart of the mission district. Close to restaurants and bars, located in a historic house with a panoramic rooftop terrace and a breakfast you can die for. Can't recommend it enough. The staff was super nice and friendly. My only issue was the wifi was a bit flaky.
"Fabulous!"
07/26/15 jessieros Hove, East Sussex
First there is the lovely old furniture, the lavish breakfast buffet and the beautiful garden and hot tub. More than anything though, we appreciated the friendly service that made it feel a real home from home. There are certainly more central hotels, but the public transport links to the city centre are very good We were really sorry to leave at the end of our two weeks' stay and would recommend anyone to make it their first choice for a stay in San Francisco.
"Great B & B in SF"
07/07/15 Jim B Tucson, Arizona
Very nice, clean, well decorated Victorian era home with pleasant yard and deck on the roof. The room was nice, with comfortable beds and chairs, and was relatively quiet. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. There's good Mexican and Peruvian food just down the street and several other decent restaurants within a couple blocks. We didn't have need of it, but, for travelers on long trips, there's a popular 24 hour laundry on the corner. Public transportation (bus) was convenient. This was my first time staying in the Mission District...and although some attractions, e.g., Balmy Street and other street artwork, Dolores Park, proximity to Castro, the garden at Mission Dolores (for a diehard Hitchcock fan), were nice, I thought Mission Street, in particular, was a real downer and, quite frankly, an eyesore, especially at night. Although the B & B itself is in a decent area, it's hard to avoid having to walk across or wait for buses on Mission. All in all, though, I would highly recommend this B&B.
"A piece of heaven....make sure you stay here!"
07/04/15 Nancy H Denton, Texas
Absolutely fabulous!! No place better. Excellent hospitality and superb breakfast. If we ever go back to San Francisco, we will stay at the Inn -B&B....no one treats you better and offers such a tasty breakfast!
"Very small boutique hotel centrally located"
07/01/15 MGR27 Puerto Rico
The rooms are very small but beautifully decorated and very clean. Also, the bed is really comfortable. It has a perfect location to just walk around to any place. You feel safe around the area. And the wine hour is an excellent added value to start the evening.