All hotels in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

"Vacation 2014"
Nice enough hotel, but when you book a suite you expect a bit more then a bed and a hide a bed sofa. Free breakfast hot, but overwhelmingly busy. Lots of families select here, lots of kids, which is nice but makes things busy. All in all, ok, but not my style real lyrics.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Overall nice!"
Stayed here on August 17 th! Was a little concerned at first due to recent reviews! But was pleasantly surprised!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Close to Halifax and amenities!"
We wanted to stay in this hotel due to it's close proximity to friends along with the pool and the arcade option for our kids. The pool was fun for the kids but strong chlorine, the hot tub was out of order. The arcade had 2 of the 4 machines out of order. The ice machine outside our room was also out of order. So we saw that sign quite a bit during our stay. The rooms were clean but there was some residue and rust around the handle on the side of the tub and there were dents in the wall behind the chair. The rooms were small but suited our needs since we were there for mainly sleeping. Overall we had a good experience.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Kerry
"Comfy ..close to stores"
We had a nice stay :) beautiful and clean. Good size rooms very clean. Very quite and location was perfect
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
krystal
"Great spot for a visit with friends"
We used to live in the area so we booked this hotel to be close to friends. The pool was a great spot to meet up with old friends and the 12pm checkout allowed for a morning swim before having to leave. Water slide was particularly nice for the kids. Lots of convenient amenities nearby and easy access to Metro Transit if you didn't want to drive in Halifax. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was nice that the breakfast included hot options also. We had a room at the end of the hall and it was nice and quiet. Would definitely stay here again!
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to Halifax and other sites."
Nice hotel. Lots of families with young children. The pool has an hour each night for adults only which I thought was a nice idea. Room was spacious.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
k
"Enjoyed our stay in Quality Inn"
My family enjoyed 2 night stay in this hotel. Breakfast was good. Good clean indoor pool with big slide was attraction for me and my daughter. After swim we enjoyed the hot tub.
2 night trip Aug 7, 2014
JA
"Great Family Fun"
The staff at this hotel were fabulous. My family and I decided to stay one night longer and the hotel was booked, the staff were able to accommodate us and keep us in the same room for convenience (we have 2 children, ages 1 and 6). There was nothing super sensational about the esthetics of this hotel, however the atmosphere made up for it. The water slide was awesome, I think my husband and I enjoyed it more than my 6 year old! The free breakfast has many options for carb lovers (bagels, toast, English muffins, scones, waffles etc.), for the gluten free eater....hard boiled eggs and bacon, yogurt and apples. The only thing that this breakfast was missing was more fresh fruit options. Overall, a great experience, will stay here again next time!
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Shannon
"Best hotel to stay.."
wonderful place with the friendliest staff and room attendants were great. very helpful and informative. really enjoyed our visit and hope to come back again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Gwen
"Okay hotel"
The pool was not clean at all well we were there and there was a layer of dust in the room. It was cheap so I guess we got what we paid for. The breakfast food was ok but it was the same food each day and the only fruit they offered was apple's. Would not good back next time I would try the holiday inn across the street.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"week stay in Halifax N.S. Canada"
I was sent information about this Hotel from my Brother son, He had stayed there before and was happy with the Hotel. The location was close to my Brothers home, which help me with the drive each day. Hot breakfast each Morning was great to have had, no need to go find a restaurant for Breakfast. Staff was helpful, room was clean. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"great location, close to shopping areas"
very nice quiet place to stay considering how close they are to the highway, they have a great breakfast with lots to choice from, rooms where very clean with really nice showers. a great place to stay.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
mark
Was AWSOME other than listening to the elevator when stayed in room close to it.
2 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
Good experience, close to the city. Wish the rooms had overhead lights rather than just lamps though. Otherwise a good stay.
Other trip May 27, 2014
jen
"NICE HOTEL"
Hotel was nice, staff was friendly enough and the kids loved the pool and water slide. Complimentary breakfast was a bonus. We would stay again.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
Tracey
"Great Pool!"
A convenient place to stay in the midst of a horrible blizzard! We spent the better part of the afternoon in the pool and then again, most of the evening. Hotel employees, for the most part were very friendly and helpful, although when trying to get a kettle or boiling water for our room, we seemed to be asking too much... The breakfast was reasonable but the waffes were sour and again, the coffee and tea were not all that hot. The weight room did not contain one single free weight and little thought was put into it's function as a full service health room but the pool more than made up for the oversights.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
Mira
good
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
"I came back again"
This was my second time at this hotel as the last time I was very impressed with the value I received for the cost of this room. Breakfast was great, rooms are spotless and everyone is so friendly! Same this time so you know I will be back!
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Marlene
Great all around Hotel
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2013
"great overnight getaway"
Spent the evening enjoying the pool, water-slide and the whirlpool. Loved the hot/cold breakfast with the make your own waffle bar, cool idea. the only downfalls were there was no juice in any of the drink machines, I had to get change at the desk for the arcade/no change machines, and if you want food you have to order as there is no restaurant on site but there is lots nearby
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2013
Amy Delaney
I was not very impressed at first as when we went to book in they did not have the accomodations that I had booked. They tried to give us a room with a pull out couch but that was not acceptable as there were 4 of us. Finally after much waiting we did get a room with two Queen beds. I was not too impressed that they were over booked but it turned out ok in the end.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Nice hotel - excellent staff - good breakfast."
I had a very restful and comfortable stay at the Quality Inn. The staff was very helpful, respectful, polite and over-all made my stay a very pleasant one.
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Sweet Place"
awesome
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Big Daddy E
Most comfortable bed I've slept in at a hotel in years. Generally they are too hard. Enjoyed the free continental breakfast but would like to have a restaurant on site instead.
5 night business trip Sep 18, 2013
"Good experience"
This hotel suited our needs. However, one of the beds had a broken box spring. We did not need to use this bed so it did not affect us. The next morning when we went down to breakfast we told the front desk clerk who was very concerned and was going to have it taken care of promptly.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
"Great hotel for a night in a very convenient area!"
This was a great place to stay for a night; especially for business people. It is indeed a hotel room but tops off with a few extras that get you out of the room and into the facilities, Very clean, great room and comfortable bed. Close to food sources and close to the highway to get in and out. It has a great pool, spa bath and yes; a 80ft water slide which was a lot of fun for us. As mentioned, great for a nights stay. Enjoy!
Other trip Sep 11, 2013
michael
"Needed a place for a night in Halifax."
I was taking the family to Halifax overnight to go to my father's 80th birthday party. I wanted a place with a fun pool since that always seems to make my kids happy.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Great place to spend a weekend"
Spent a weekend at the Quality Inn & Suites Bayer's Lake. It was a great place. Clean with a great pool to pass some time with our toddler. Laundry facilities are good and the breakfast had lots of choices both mornings. I am used to staying downtown in Halifax so this location was more out of the way but the difference in price made it worth the drive into town.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2013
Cory
"Excellent Hotel"
We had a Wonderful stay, the breakfast is fantastic and so many options. I left my phone charger at home and the front desk had one! They were amazing. We will stay again...next time we will bring our children. :)
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Good place to stay"
Good place to stay. Should have more blankets per bed. Except that everything was perfect.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"near my location"
The front desk people were very welcoming and helpful! The room was perfect and clean! It was a short drive to where I needed to be. It will definitely be a place I will come back to!
1 night trip Jul 14, 2013
"Close to shopping"
Friendly staff.Great breakfast.Quiet nights.Comfortable beds.Easy check-in/check-out.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Judith
"Hard to find, even with GPS, but a lovely place"
Very comfortable, friendly staff, and great breakfast!
1 night trip Jul 21, 2013
Gerry
"Great Hotel - quiet and a good location!"
If I had to go back to Halifax for surgery, I would definitely stay at this hotel for my recuperation days. Great location and quiet. The price was right with breakfast as an added bonus! Very Clean !!
2 night trip Jul 18, 2013
S. and K. Peach
"Happy Stay"
We enjoyed our stay and found the staff very helpful. We had acar horn that kept going off outside our window - the staff was quick to offer a move of room or to slove the problem of who owned the vehicle. it could have been solved very easily if they asked for license plates on the application (signin) form when we registered. Breakfast was more than adequate and the place large enough to accommodate us all. Lots of staff overseeing replenishment of items. Greatly appreciated.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Maureen
"Pleasant stay"
Quite a distance to downtown Halifax. Unable to rent a car (no car available), we had to take a bus (number 16 right across the street) and transfer further on (number 80 or 81).
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
Denis
"Quality Stay"
This is our hotel of choice when travelling to Halifax. Excellent choice for families.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"Yukky pool"
No wi fi on my room. Staff were wonderful but couldn't get the problem fixed. The pool needed to be cleaned, as did the hot tub and stairs going up to the slide....the deck needed a good cleaning too. The rooms were spotless but the pool was well....yukky. I am thinking I won't go back.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
Janet
We enjoyed our stay beds were very comfortable very clean rooms pool was awesome and breakfast was delicious we had a great weekend and hope to come back again I would highly recommend your hotel.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2013
Marie
"Not what we expected!"
It was a holiday weekend with full capacity hotel. One of the two elevators was not in service so there were long waits and crowded elevator most of the time. Signs said that carpets were being replaced and they really needed replacing! The key to our room didn't work when we returned after being out and they had to switch Our room to avoid it happening again. Pool was highly chlorinated, making our eyes water and burn within minutes of entering pool area without even getting into the pool!! We were not able to connect to wifi with our ipad, iphone or ipods in the room but could access it in the hallway just outside our room door! We would have had to use a cable to connect to Internet if we had brought the laptop. On the upside, they have a good breakfast available for guests and the hotel is located close to a major highway for faster access to shopping sites and into the city.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Weary
"Halifax Return"
Conveniently located near the highway and downtown. Continental breakfast was the best of five hotels on my trip to the Maritimes. Lot's of parking, internet access was weak (2-3) bars and relatively slow. Exercise facilities was average, and the pool area was average. Pool maintenance hours were a little surprising at 7:30am in the morning/ The room itself was above average, good view and ventilation Cons: only 2 elevators, one of of service the night my family and I were there. Overall, a decent hotel for a short stay.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Hans
"Won't Return"
Great location, Room was not clean.. There was a piece of a chocolate bar infront of the tv dust on bed frame.... Didn't try breakfast or pool but could smell chlorine in our room. They were renovating carpets at the time not an inconvenience but i wont return to this hotel. It was a fair price but i could find something similar and have a better sleep and cleaner room.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"Almost perfect"
The only thing wrong was that there was a fan in the ceiling outside my room, which went constantly and could be heard in the room as well! It sounded like a furnace going all the time!
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Front desk very friendly, the breakfast was great! We were there for three nights and totally enjoyed our stay!
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2013
"Middle of the road"
The room needed new carpet there was a sticky patch where there must have bee a wad of gum at one point and the carpet was stained. The beds were Ok but have stayed in other hotels where the beds were exceptional. Needed new blackout curtains. The WiFi wasn't working. On a positive note It was close to shopping and the receptionist was very engaging, other hotel staff not so much... no smiles :(
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
"a comfy, convenient location"
room was well-appointed, clean and the staff were friendly, with the easiest check-in and check-out ever. the elevator was out of service during our stay, but otherwise everything was great.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"Must purchase new beds! Ooooowwwwww!"
The hotel was fine. I think the room was great. The bed was absolutely terrible. Like sleeping on a beat-out camper mattress. Both my wife and I had a sore back the next day. I mentioned this to the front desk worker on my way out. Truthfully, I feel that there is no way we should have paid $140 for such an awful night's sleep.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
The stay was great...The only thing I could complain about is the road noise from the particular side I stayed on.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2013
"Time For a Refresh"
While generally the hotel appeared clean and the room was comfortable many of the hotels hallway carpets (as well as elevator) were stained and worn out.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
"good value"
The room seems clean until you realized there was water marks on the ceiling and on some of the walls. The large mirror wasnt cleaned properly. The hotel needs to do some quality repairs to avoid the dirty look.
1 night trip May 23, 2013