All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
44 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA, 02116, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"A Great Thanksgiving!"
I 100% will never stay in an overpriced upscale hotel, nor an underwhelming chain motel in the Boston area. Right on a beautiful area on Commonwealth Ave is a pristine brownstone where the College Club of Boston calls home. The entire building is beautiful, comfortable (very cozy) and the continental breakfast is plentiful and of high quality ingredients. This Inn is on the top of my list when I visit my daughters in Boston. I am checking to see what other college clubs exist around the country and around the world. Great stay and a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Excellent value"
A great value for the neighborhood. I arrived on Sunday evening and I was unable to access the hotel as I was not provided the keypad door combination. Luckily there was another customer who let me in. I easily found my envelope in the lobby containing my room key and keypad combo. It would have been very helpful to email the door access because I do not know how I would have gotten in. Sharing a bathroom was unexpected. That fact was not made known until after I booked. I was pleasantly surprised there was very little competition for the bathroom in the morning. Overall, this is an excellent value considering the location. I would consider staying again.
5 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
Joyce
"Great location and historical!"
Quaint, friendly, and great location and price. Would definitely stay again!
katie
Comfortable, affordable and elegant. Includes Continental Breakfast!
"Lovely Stay"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The place was lovely, great for independent travellers or parents visiting their kids at college. Somewhat chilly at night though so ask for extra blankets if you need to.
P.
Perfectly fine place to stay in Boston and near everything. It feels like you're in someone's home. It is a Victorian Brownstone so If you need a gym and a bar this is not your best choice. Sometimes all you need is a comfortable welcoming room and simplicity.
"A pleasant experience"
I was pleased to find my room ready 3 hours before check-in and received a most pleasant reception from the lady at the desk. I felt I was being welcomed home. Wonder of wonders, there is no television in the rooms, which was just what I'd hoped. Quiet, clean, gracious. Cookies, tea, and coffee in the afternoon and evening, and a nice breakfast in the morning. Silverware, no plastic. A chiming clock in the hall. A perfect stay.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Lorraine
"Good location and interesting theme room"
Very well location. The hotel is around 8mins to the Metro, and the near the park where the trail of freedom starts, and very easy for ppl to reach other travel spots . It's pretty nice place for travellers. The neighbourhood is one of the most beautiful place in town. I love how they decorated the hotel rooms in different themes inspired by the College's history. It's a interesting place for visitors who would like to experience local life style during the trip.
1 night trip with friends Oct 28, 2014
"The College Club of Boston"
We had a great experience from The College Club of Boston. The rooms were decorated in a beautiful way, and the bathroom was clean and fresh. A small breakfast was included; typical American breakfast with bread and pastries. It is located next to Newbury Street and Boston Common, which is the best location according to us.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Atmospheric and relaxing."
Loved it here, felt like an authentically elegant piece of old Boston. Beautiful house, peaceful, quietly efficient desk staff. Only minor quibbles were the tea/coffee facilities being down in the breakfast room, nothing in my room; and the fine old window was a bit drafty even with the fine old shutters closed - but I was still comfortable. No tv in my single room but I didn't miss it.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2014
Patrick
"Do not take the single room"
The single room is a bad room to stay. Windy and noisy.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Centrally located Victorian charmer"
If you are looking for sleek modern accommodations, this is not the place for you. We had a beautiful, very large and comfortable room with Victorian charm. There is a separate breakfast area with light continental breakfast included in the stay. Two subway stops are within just a few blocks and the hotel is located in an upscale Back Bay neighborhood. The airport was only about a 10 minute cab ride away (on a Sunday).
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Quaint and charming B&B-ish property downtown."
This is a gorgeous property with 15' ceilings, wood trim and luxurious antique furnishings. I reserved a small room with a small and firm-mattressed bed that had no television and no in room washing facilities (I shared a bathroom with another room across the hall) which may not appeal to everyone but it was a highlight of my trip.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Jonathan
"I'd do it again"
I stayed in one of the less expensive shared-bath rooms. The room was small, but well equipped (no TV) and very clean. The wifi worked fine even though I was at one end of the top floor. I'd stay their again.
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
"Great historic building, just not very convenient."
We arrived in the middle of a huge wind and rain storm in a rental car to learn that there was nowhere to pull up our vehicle and that the nearest parking was on the other side of the Boston Commons (about a 15 minute walk). With sideways rain and wind that made umbrellas a joke, we chose to take our chances and find street parking. In the morning, we ran out at 8am to start plugging quarters until we were ready to check out. If I'd known about this, I would not have stayed in the hotel because we were only there for one night on our way elsewhere. If you are not going to be using a car, and you like the old world charm you won't be bothered. Our room had a "california king" -- two twins pushed together to make a large bed. It was comfortable, clean and well maintained. The room was quite large with a big bay window looking out onto Commonwealth Avenue, a (nonworking) fire place, antiques. The bathroom was small but adequate. The (included) breakfast was simple -- cold cereal, bagels with a toaster, jam and cream cheese packets, an espresso drink maker, juice, hard boiled eggs. Serviceable. Clean. The staff was friendly, but it is not a high service establishment. More of a casual feeling. When we checked in we were given our code to punch in after hours and our key and shown the elevator with a point down the hall.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Andrea
"Would Recommend"
Very fun, unique place to stay in Boston. Great location, lots of history in the building. A very intimate and special feel.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
"Back Bay B&B"
The bed needs new mattresses. Bars of soap and skin cream for the bathroom are needed. Expanded breakfast option also.
3 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Classic brown stone"
Beautiful old building, nice and comfortable. The shared bathroom could have created a delay, but this was not the case fortunately. I would stay there again for the price.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"convenient, inexpensive option - few frills"
This was the perfect place for a 1-night stay so I could get to the airport early the following morning. The cost including the cab was way less than what I would have paid at a hotel closer to the airport. There are few amenities (I had no TV in the room, but I didn't miss it), and the bathroom is shared with the rest of the hall. Not a big deal for me. The house itself is a beautiful old brownstone, beautifully maintained, and the room was decorated quite appropriately. Donald, the caretaker, was super kind and helpful. Overall it's a very simple solution, and perfect for what it is.
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
"convenient to family & sights"
I enjoyed my stay in Boston, had a great time but didn't spend much room in my hotel. Room was warm but fan helped. Unhappy with the weekend gal at the front desk. I had to leave the hotel Sunday by 6:30 am in order to make my plane. I asked her on Saturday to call & set up a cab, her response was she couldn't call that early she'd do it Sunday. She also didn't get into work until 7 am too late. So I had someone else call on Saturday I felt that was something the hotel could do for their guests..
3 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Nice safe location, close to everything."
Old fashion bldg like 1920s setting, classic. Neat old style furniture like grand parents home. No TV. Very high ceiling. Very comfortable shower. A bit noise from next door showering, and from social event downstairs before midnight.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
jen
"lovely discovery"
this is the anti hotel experience. really felt like we were staying in old boston. all antiques, huge room, great view. really a piece of history. my only complaint was the bed- just not comfortable. And i was there to sleep
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
jeanette
"GREAT LOCATION"
I needed a short stay in the Beacon Hill area. This B&B has a phenomenal location in the first block of Commonwealth. It is a historic building that is well kept up with friently welcoming staff. Parking is the same as anywhere in this location, difficult but manageable. For a single accomodation there is a shared bathroom which was no problem.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"Very lovely, Can't go wrong for the price"
The room was very cozy and clean - very quiet. The furniture and decorations were beautiful. No tv and not a great internet connection, but you're in Boston…too much to do outside the hotel, anyway! The location is perfect, one block from Boston Commons, Newburry street, and Arlington T station. Donald, the manager (owner?) was more than accommodating. Do not be discouraged by the shared bathroom. It was a lovely bathroom and I never ran into the other person in the entire 5 days that I was there.
4 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Sherri
They did not refund my stay, even though my grandmother passed and that was the reason for me being unable to attend.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Centrally located on a beautiful street"
It was a lovely place to stay. The place has a charming old-fashioned feel to it. The main drawback was that one can't open the window in the room and the air conditioner is noisy and blows directly onto the bed.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"As expected"
I had a well-appointed little room, a good bed, everything was clean and neat. For the location and price this was perfect. The sort of place that feels at home in Boston. I would most definitely stay here again .
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
"Great location at semi-reasonable rate"
It's a lovely old building, and the room was clean and quite comfortable. The shared bathroom was immaculate. The location is three blocks from the subway and a walkable distance from the major downtown Boston sights. The manager was pleasant. There are no special amenities, but that was just what I was looking for - I was there to see Boston, not be pampered at a hotel - I do not like to pay for amenities I won't use. I stayed in a room with a twin bed, which was great - as a single traveler, I always feel that I'm paying extra for a two-person room, so this was perfect for me. The breakfast was perfectly adequate - bagels, juice, etc. - not a five-star meal, but everything was fresh. The only possible negative is that the stairs and floors creak, which might keep other patrons awake if people are moving about.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2014
"Unique"
The college club did not feel like a hotel. It's more like you are staying in you're rich relatives brownstone's guest room. The furnishings and decor brought you back in time. The place was clean, well maintained, and the staff was very friendly. The price was very fair for the room and location. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone spending a weekend or a few days midweek in Boston. It might not be for someone who is staying longer. There are no refrigerators or microwaves or any other modern conveniences in the rooms. There is a nice expanded continental breakfast in the lobby every morning.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"minimal even for price"
This hotel is really a set of rooms in an old brownstone, which to some has its charms. The room and bath were clean. What I did not see on line when I booked is that the baths are shared between different rooms, so it really depends on the other guests in residence. I got up early and so got lucky. The continental breakfast is only so-so, with simple things that could be fixed, e.g. a toaster that will actually fit the bread and bak els. The coffee was definitely not the best. It was OK for a very brief stay, is in a nice area of the city, but I will look elsewhere when visiting Boston next time.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
"A bit run down but charming and quirky"
The last renovation probably coincided with the Great War, but this hotel has a quirky charm and is priced right for the neighborhood. My room was tiny, had no bathroom and had a window unit air conditioner that struggled to keep up with 85 degree outside temps. All said, I would stay there again. I love anachronisms.
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Beautiful rooms with a vintage feel. It was quite and laid back and the area is perfect.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
"Worst experience ever!"
The hotel was ok in my opinion- it has a vintage feel to it, room was spacious, however the floor is super creaky and wall is super thin- i could not sleep because other people outside walking upstairs on the creaky floor and talking. What I was disappointed and annoyed the most was the attitude of the hotel's staff. When I first came check-in, the lady at the front desk did not seem friendly at all. And when she saw that I had a lot of luggage with me, she was like "Do you have to bring all your luggage to your room? The room is really small". I was so annoyed by that, what did she mean, did she want me to throw my stuffs away?? It turned out later that the room was really big and after that comment of her, I nearly walked out of the hotel. First time being treated like that at a hotel- with such an unfriendly attitude!
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Ruby
"A gem in the middle of Boston"
I've stayed here before - it's a small, well run hotel in the most convenient part of town. Highly recommended.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
"Old World comfort but no TV"
The service was less than stellar. There are two office attendants available during the day time, but none at night after regular hours. At one point, problems with the wireless service could not be resolved and one attendant insisted it was a problem with our devices, rather that their service. Next day, when everything was magically working fine, it was obviously NOT our devices. The other attendant was rude and berated me for having a conversation at normal speaking volume in the lobby (outside the office) at 10:30 am because she couldn't focus on her work which involved "numbers". Honestly, she could have just closed the door if she was so distracted. There were NO TV's. This was not obvious when I booked this room. If you like to relax by reading a book this is the place. If you'd like a TV and reliable wireless service, go somewhere else.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Rosemary
what we were looking for!! excellent location, nice neighborhood, beautiful building, distinguished guests, yes... what we were looking for!!
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Eduardo
"A non-generic hotel in a real neighborhoon"
Clean and homet elevator was a little smelly staff was helpful
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"Within walking distance"
First off, this is not a typical hotel. It's a B&B style in a building built in the 1800s. There are no TVs in the rooms, the floors creak, and the elevator is slow. It's drafty and there is a shared bathroom between 4 rooms. If you aren't adventurous or prefer the standard hotel style, don't stay here. However, if you want a unique experience in a beautiful old building, read on. I had a 4-night stay scheduled and, due to issues with transportation, I missed a night. The hotel staff was more than accommodating about it, which made my 4 hour delay a little more bearable. The location cannot be beat! When you're looking at a map, it's hard to judge walking distance but The College Club is literally just half a block from the Public Gardens / Boston Commons, around the corner from high-end shopping and the Arlington T station, 1.5 blocks from a Starbucks, and across the park from the start of the Freedom Trail, several restaurants, and the movie theater.
4 night trip May 16, 2014
pinktinkpixy
Very old and musty décor and environs. Otherwise a very nice venue and also welcome.
1 night trip May 20, 2014
"Back Bay like the Harvard Club, only BETTER1"
This place in a perfect Back Bay location has the look and feel of an old time Alumni Club, a the while celebrating the women of Boson's colleges. Huge rooms, beautifully decorated, with all the pluses (convenience, charm, safety, access) and minuses (parking, creaky charm) of the neighborhood. Only suggestion, continental breakfast spread definitely needs fruit or something to round it out.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
Has a great view and beautiful old posh gothic style furniture
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Great place"
Great place if you want to get away from the hotel feel at a reasonable price in Boston. It's like staying at a friend's house. Nicely furnished, near food + shopping and close to downtown Boston. I would definitely stay here again. If you don't like shared bathrooms dorm style that many of the rooms have, request a private bathroom and you won't have any issues.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
Arthur
"Beautiful and quiet historical mansion B&B"
I had a great stay at the College Club of Boston. The staff members are helpful and the room was clean and beautifully decorated. If you like to experience how it was like to live in a historical mansion on Boston's Commonwealth Av long time ago, this is the place. I have to warn you though - if you are looking for a hotel room with modern equipments like TV, refrigerator, microwave, coffee machine, etc. in your room, this place is not for you. They have, however, coffee and tea available at the dining room and you will get a free wi-fi access with printer on the ground floor. This is where you relax quietly, appreciating all the beautiful architectural details of the house and tasteful decoration of the each room with a college theme (mine was Wellesley College room - it was beautifully decorated with the French botanical theme). Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for those who would like to have a memorable one-of -the kind experience in Boston.
Other trip May 10, 2014
Helen
"in my nostalgic element & close to my appointment"
Friends if you need overnight parking --the garage over Legal Sea Food ($31 at the time of this posting) has no entering time restriction of 5 or 6 o'clock and is easily close enough to walk (I had a roller bag). I was aiming for the one at Zero Charles Street ($28 according to my online search the night before) which I didn't know was just right around the corner, nor did I know their hours, but I decided to quit while I was ahead after such a fruitless frenzy. I thought I had it all figured out beforehand but of course once I hit the city that all went out the window, until I reached a point I would have paid everything I had for parking. They have you cornered right along with the market. Anyway, stepping into another era into a nice well kempt Brownstone bed and breakfast after that ordeal was just what I needed to close the door on all that. Staff was warm and friendly and without any further tadoo, they instinctually understood where I was coming from, telling me everything I could possibly need to know pertinent to my stay and pointing me in all the right directions. I especially likes the idea of being able to keep your bags there after checkout. I wish I could have seen the other rooms in the pictures.
1 night trip Apr 14, 2014
VW
"Cosy centrally located place"
I loved this place. One advantage is that you can't spend any money there. There's no mini-bar, but I don't need one. It's close to the T (Boston's underground train system) and in a nice neighborhood. My room was comfortable and the staff was very helpful. They even let me check in early, since my room was ready.
3 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Cat
"Amazing 'period' hotel."
I stayed here 2 nights and can't say enough good things. Will definitely stay here again!
2 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"This not hotel, but a motel."
The facilities are very old. The room is not quiet, because the walls are not insulated.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"Great location, clean and friendly service"
You'll probably be disappointed if you expect all the mod cons, but a fun place with loads of hardwood, sweeping staircases, and clean comfortable rooms right off the strip.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2014
"Great location and nice host!"
This hotel is more of a self-service guest house. However, very cordial host and nice service. The only slight inconvenience was that the washroom was not attached but it was right in front of the room and clean. They have complimentary breakfast and free wifi in the room. The location is perfect, right next to the Boston Public Park and at a walking distance to a lot of tourist attractions.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
Kamalika
"College Club of Boston"
I would highly recommend this B&B. Great location, amazing building, and helpful staff. I arrived late in Boston but the front office person contacted me to make sure I could get into the building.
1 night family trip Mar 3, 2014