All hotels in Pompano Beach, Florida, United States of America
1200 South Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL, 33062, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Delicious food
    Bad internet service
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
The room was full of mold and the bathroom was discusting.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
Chad
"Roaches/Bed Bugs in shower- $460.00 charge on CC"
3rd time in Florida, 2nd in Pompano Beach. 4 night stay Expedia. We mostly sightsee are out and about and basically just stay to sleep and shower. Arrived about 7:30 P.M. from the west coast. Tried this place since we stayed at Wyndham Santa Barbara last year and wanted to be closer to the water. Requested ocean view $10 more, We got room 701 which did have an ocean view the farthest from the ocean and closer to the entrance/parking lot. but on the top floor. Opened the door and it had a strong odor from spray and Mai-tai sweet smell had to open the sliding door right away luckily it was nice and breezy evening. I look a look out the balcony and got the mai-tai syrup on my arms when I leaned over. There were items left in the cabinets from the previous guests, the carpet is nasty(imagine TSA airport) the bathroom is 4x7' the door to the bathroom almost hits the sink. We turned on the T.V. to watch the Mets-Cubs game and the picture kept freezing every 3 seconds, also the Wi-Fi signal was very poor. My wife and I are not that demanding and since we were hungry, decided to go to a local casino to eat and watch the game. left the windows open and returned later, unpacked, cleaned the place up a little and went to bed. (DAY 2) The next morning I went to take a shower and noticed some bugs which were either Bed Bugs or Roach Larvie (little brown bugs about 1/4") 4 of them around the drain when I opened the curtain, I washed them down the drain.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
Jose
"Two thumbs up!!!"
Very appealing outside courtyard, the outside dining area was comfortable along with a nice view of the beach. Nice location for a getaway.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2015
Jose
I've stayed in 8-10 hotels in Miami and Fort Lauderdale for business over the years and for an ocean front hotel with a killer view, balcony and the ability to hear the ocean as you're going to sleep and waking up forth is price is unbeatable.
2 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
Very relaxing
3 night family trip Oct 20, 2015
Madelyn
"great view love the balcony"
We loved it..
3 night romance trip Oct 20, 2015
"Tiny bathroom with wasted space elsewhere!"
The bathroom was extremely awkward. The mirror wasn't above the sink but on the side wall. If the door was open, you couldn't use the mirror. The ventilation was poor so when blow drying hair, the room became hot and humid. Couldn't open the door and use the mirror at the same time. Very uncomfortable! And the closet was twice as big as the bathroom! Why not expand the bathroom and reduce the closet next to it? Loved the pool and the staff.
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
The best hotel I ever been for past 35 years. Great location, great beach, great food and super clean hotel for reasonable price. Also to top that, there is no parking fee or resort fee.
3 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
Alex
"Great Boutique Beachy Hotel on the Beach"
Stayed here the day after a family cruise. This was our second time here and we loved it every bit as much. Great views, great happy hour and a solid restaurant. Would be perfect for a long weekend away.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
"Value just wasn't there"
The place was clean, the staff was fine, and it was right on the beach. The only thing The Beachcomber, IMHO, has going for it is that it is on the beach. The rooms were old and outdated. Mine seemed to have a very haphazardly cut and placed board/piece of sheet rock covering goodness knows what. The room is what I would have expected at a Motel 6 or Days Inn. I put in my preferences that I would like a higher floor and beach view (they asked, so I answered). I received a text message during my travels the day of check in saying the my beachfront room was ready for check in. I got there on got a first floor room no where near the beach. Overall experience was just disappointing.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Needed to have the toilet checked but otherwise very nice. Price was good for one night stay
1 night family trip Oct 13, 2015
Relaxing service was great
5 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
"What's your pet peeve?"
This hotel was on average ok. If you happen to be on the ground floor near the elevator when you check in be sure to ask for a different room as you hear everything in the hall way as well as the folks walking around outside by the pool. Thank God nobody was up and about at night. But don't plan on sleeping in if you're a light sleeper and you have a ground floor room. I have a very sensitive nose and upon entering the hotel there was a foul odor but that was not the case with the room we stayed in. If it was we would have definitely not stayed. Now for the positive.....The access to the beach was excellent no hassle at all. The entertainment at the tiki bar was nice and somewhat hilarious that seemed to be heighten the more intoxicated we got as it seems he started making up words and songs right on the spot. The dining experience was very nice. Food was great and the ambience was just as great. The hotel staff was at least friendly to a point.
3 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"Getaway"
Great stay for a night to getaway. Nice quiet beach, great beach restaraunt.
1 night romance trip Oct 6, 2015
Found the Beachcomber when we were looking for a good deal on a hotel in the Ft. Lauderdale/Pompano Beach area. The hotel was much better than we expected for the price. Staff was outstanding. Always friendly and helpful. Our room was nicely furnished and clean. The best part was the balcony. We had requested an ocean view room. The room was on the eighth floor overlooking the pool with a great view of the beach and ocean. Fantastic!
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
"Great time"
The Hotel was very nice and clean. the staff were very helpful. The front desk person was available to direct us to a places we needed to go. The security person at the pool was able to find my lost shoes. The location was wonderful. It was great not paying for parking. Overall the stay was very nice, the room layout was excellent. The beds were too small for 2 adults. Queen size beds would have been great.
2 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Minerva
"Clean, quiet and just right!"
The hotel was exactly what I wanted. It was small, on the beach, had a pool and a restaurant onsite. For a quiet getaway it was perfect. Oceanfront room was large, the balcony was clean and spacious. The Tiki Bar and bartenders were fabulous, Steve and Kelly both really excel in customer service and taking care of everyone. The food was good, although I never actually ate in the restaurant. I'm hoping to make another long weekend trip down there again soon!
2 night trip Sep 18, 2015
Kirsten
Beautiful hotel, breathtaking location, the only complaint is the bathroom. The bathroom was so tiny.
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
Brenda
3 night stay before going home from week in Key West. Enjoyed the area. The hotel needs ice machines in more than 1 location. It was Labor Day weekend and the ice machine was totally empty after coming to the 1st floor - from the 8th floor! The bartender at the pool bar was very nice about giving me ice - not so much the barmaid the next time. Could not get the safe in room to work/exhaust fan in bathroom was just noisy, did not really work/the bed was absolutely the best.
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Judi
"Excellent location, room and staff."
Excellent!
3 night business trip Sep 10, 2015
Had a wonderful stay, everyone was friendly and hotel and grounds beautiful. Will definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Great resort!"
This was our first time staying at the Beachcomber and I'm so glad that we did. The accommodations were wonderful, staff was extremely friendly and you didn't need to leave the resort as you have everything there. I will definitely be back soon!
2 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
Hope
"Nice Hotel But Needs Some Major TLC"
The neighborhood and location on beach was perfect. The staff was very nice and accommodating but the hotel's condition leaves much to be desired. The overall appearance of the hotel is sort of shabby. There is quite a bit of maintenance and updating that needs to be done to every aspect of the hotel, to the halls, rooms and swimming pool. The tiki bar and outdoor restaurant was very nice. Some of the hotel's guests were very loud, rude and no one from the staff told them to quite down which was very disappointing.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
"Nice location"
We set forth for a 10 days family vacation, looking for a good time. Good experience checking in but when we got to the room we were very disappointed. The room looked worn down. Lucky with the view, which was gorgeous. From the balcony we can see the beach and the ocean as well as the pool of the hotel. The TV cable was all fuzzy, nothing but static. The wifi constantly down. Bathroom sink was broken. Asked staff to fix all three. The sink was fixed after one day, the cable after a week and wifi never. The first evening we all went to the pool but was asked to leave by a security guard under the pretext that pool hours are over. The next week we have seen lots of people in the pool "after hours" but none of them received the same "treatment".
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
Mandea
"Beachcomber Heaven"
The Beachcomber was great!! The king room was clean and comfortable for two. The outdoor dinning area had great views and service. The food was very good and cooked to order with perfection. The "Tiki" bar was a fun experience with an awesome bartender Steve. He was delightful, thoughtful and loads of fun. The entire hotel staff were friendly and attentive.
3 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Timothy
"Nice quiet stay"
It was a nice room and the staff was great!
1 night trip Aug 28, 2015
"A rare gem with fantastic food"
This hotel was such a gorgeous surprise. Not only is the location fantastic, but the restaurant is so, so good. We had the best meal here. Fresh with unbelievable flavours. The
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Jazmine
"Great value right on the beach very comfortable"
This hotel was a great deal for being directly on the beach plus the food at the dining on the beach was excellent a huge portion breakfast for $10 I didn't eat lunch or diner there but the breakfast was amazing the king ocean room was super comfortable the pillow top bed was better then I expected the staff was awesome I arrived at the hotel at at 230pm the lady ask you checking in I yes said but I'll wait to 3pm check in time she could tell I had a very rough trip there and said I get you into a room now to rest she was very sweet amazing customer service I'm already booking again for my trip next month I fly here four times a year for dolphins games and this is my new spot to stay very laid back and nice beach
3 night trip Aug 26, 2015
Justin
For 130 a night on the ocean it wasn't anything to write home about. The view from the oceanfront room was nice as was the balcony. We arrived to a dirty sink and a dirty bathtub. Someone had blown their nose in the sink and apparently had a hair fall into it as well which was not cleaned prior to our arrival. When my fiance filled the bathtub and got in she was disgusted when she felt grime on the walls of the tub and noticed a film on the water she was getting into. The maintenance staff needs to get their act together. That being said the bed was comfortable. The hotel also only has one ice machine, so dont be the last one in line. The view made up for it though. I would recommend this hotel to a low budget friend, but not my parents or any clients.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2015
This was my second stay and it was even better than the first. Both times I booked though this website, and both times I was placed in a room as far from the ocean as possible, but it's not a deal breaker. The view is still spectacular over the pool and looking towards the ocean. We thought the bed was comfortable, loved the balcony, and had a terrific time at the beach. Even though we live less than an hour north, we'll definitely be staying again.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Victoria
"comfy"
excellent
5 night trip Aug 23, 2015
"Overall Wonderful experience !"
My only suggestion is to have a more comfortable chair or chairs in room, otherwise everything was great. I will come most likely after children go back to school. The kids were fine, just acting like kids. Loud,playing ball in pool;lots of pool toys. It was the last week before school started. If I was younger I would not have noticed any of this.
3 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
NORMA
"Gorgeous Views"
If you're staying here, you definitely want to get a room with a view of the beach. Gorgeous! Very comfortable accommodations and a very courteous and professional staff. I would absolutely enjoy another stay here. My only complaint; and it is something minute, is that the dinning facilities really need to be updated and repaired. There were many leaks in the ceiling and buckets throughout the restaurant. It just really distracted from the "resort" feel.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Cuba
"Great location and great ambiance."
Overall, the hotel is nice and clean. The only thing they need to fix is the tv reception (very bad) and the free wireless internet (terrible reception; very, very slow - almost non existent. Fix these 2 problems and you have a great hotel.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Rich
"One of the best hotel in Pompano Beach"
We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here on our next vacation. Thanks for everything!
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Viola
"nice with a little front desk help."
the hotel was very nice. bartender kelly was an awesome bartender. front desk person wasnt very friendly. made me feel iess important then other people checking in.
1 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
jeffrey
"Fabulous"
Great food, beautiful pools, friendly staff. We love it.
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Shawn
"Not the best for Business Travel"
The internet was spotty at best without being physically located in the lobby. Good location and value for a vacation, not the best business stop.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
Lance
Great location with great pool and close beach. The room was dated but clean comfortable. Very affordable and close to beach and intercostal ?
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
"Great resort and great location."
Great experience. Can't wait to go back. Food was great and friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Terri
"Visit with Grandkids before going back to school"
Time well spent with family and grandkids! 2 pools so you can find a nice location, lots of chaise lounges, umbrellas, friendly service. Had OceanView room, just beautiful view. Beach easily accessible, live music and great tiki bar with extra friendly bartenders! Food service at pool or in covered terrace, fast room service also. Hotel a little dated but understand they are updating rooms. Many restaurants nearby and small store and bar/restaurant right across the street. Pier less than a mile North.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Can't wait to go back!"
The place is beautiful and the staff are all very friendly. Go see Steve the bar tender for the best bloody mary ever! Very relaxing, overall extremely pleased with our visit.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
jamie
"Great location & views"
Excellent relaxing location and very good (even though limited) service. This is our second stay and we'll definitely be back.
5 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
EDI D
"Awesome"
Had a great time place was nice quiet great bartenders and waitresses and food is excellent
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Staff nice hotel is very dated"
Ac went out in our room made the stay a little warm at night.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Best vacation!"
Felt like we were on a island vacation. Device was outstanding.
4 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Great views. Friendly staff. Nice restaurant. No Room Service and toilet needs to be flushed multiple times..
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
This was our third stay at this hotel and it's always great. Was a little disappointed that when I booked the hotel 5 months prior, I requested a room that was higher up and did not receive it. However, after complaining they moved us after 1 night.
6 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"Great place to disconnect!"
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at Beachcomber and plan to return in the future.
2 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
Fabio
the hotel was very nice and the staff was very helpful. My only negative comment is that my room was a little small but as I was alone it didn't matter. The pool and beach were clean and well cared for and the service personal were very attentive
3 night family trip Jul 25, 2015