All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America
417 Woodbury Ave, Portsmouth, NH, 03801, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"August 11, 2014 stay"
Very good location. Walking distance to downtown Portsmouth (20 minutes). The bed was so comfy! Stayed in room 358 and didn't hear anyone else. Continental breakfast very good! I'll stay here again!
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Paula
"Two thumbs down."
The continental breakfast was a major disappointment. The cereal dispenser was jammed. Alhough two healthy foods were available, raisin bran and bananas, they were not restocked and the dispenser did not work. The pool was small and not good for laps, and was overcrowded with only four people. The kids were disappointed and so was I.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
"Had no air conditioning for many hours"
Finally changed rooms at 1130 at night . Not very clean either
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Would Not Recommend......."
The pictures online make this hotel seem much nicer than it actually is. Our room was on the first floor and we had to walk through a hallway that ran parallel to the pool area and it was hot, humid and smelled like chlorine. The room was outdated and smelled like urine. The breakfast area was very crowded and not enjoyable. The one plus is that it is a good location - it only took about 3-5 minutes to drive downtown. Otherwise nothing positive to say and I would definitely not stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
M
Prescott Park
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"1st floor is half buried underground."
We arrive late and get 1st floor unit. Room is decently sized and reasonably clean. AC is noisy and curtain can't be fully closed.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
CA traveler
Hotel is okay not the best customer service breakfast provided but not enough food for all customers
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Anchorage Inn. Room was clean, staff was helpful, location was right off rt 95. The only improvements I'd make are to add another waffle maker at breakfast and to extend breakfast to 10 AM. The first morning we had to wait in line after about 8 people waiting to make waffles in the one waffle maker. The next morning we felt we'd better get up earlier to beat the crowd and we did but getting up before 8 am to make it to breakfast is pretty early when on vacation.
Sandy
"Won't stay here again."
Well first they booked us into a room that was already occupied. Awkward. Then the rooms themselves were run down and dirty. Breakfast was understaffed and you had to wait a long time for things like forks and napkins. Not a great experience overall.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Funky Smell"
We had booked this room for two nights, but moved to its competitor on the main road after one night. It smells like mold and mildew all over the hotel. The carpet in our room was soggy and there was hair from previous guests all over the place. Drunk people also hung out in their parking lot all night. We stayed at their competitor for the exact same price and were greeted with service that was a complete 180 from this place. I do not recommend.
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2014
"good hotel for medium price"
The room and bath were clean and pleasant but they could use new beds. I was not happy that the swimming pool doesn't open till 8 a.m. That's too late for a morning swim before getting on the road. The breakfast was decent.
Lori
"Desperately in need of refurbishing."
The Anchorage Inn may have been nice in its heyday, but it is now run-down and in need of the owners/new owner to come in and refurbish completely. The receptionist was not at the desk when we arrived, but came in shortly after checking on a key issue. He was helpful to us and recommended a dinner spot. When we came down to go to dinner, we noticed he was away from the desk again, this time outside smoking and talking on his cell phone - probably not approved by his supervisor. The bed was comfortable, but the room lacked electrical outlets. The A/C was noisy like a lot of motel ones are - these under-window systems need to be tossed and something better provided! (general statement) The shower curtain was covered with mildew on the inside - yuck. The walkway from the front desk to the elevator wound around the enclosed inside pool area and was like entering a Finnish sauna - and it stank like chlorine. Yuck again. Unless major changes and updates are made, we won't be staying here again.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Adorable but not fancy."
This hotel is ok but nothing special. The room is musty.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Great stay for the price !!!"
Its not a five star hotel but it was super clean, everyone there is extremely friendly. The room air conditioning was amazing (that alone would have been 5 stars). The pool was nice but the chlorine in the air throughout the hallways was over powering, (you could not smell it in the room). Very simple continental breakfast but get there before ten. At ten its picked up and put away in a heart beat. Overall I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Decent place for Business Travel on the Seacoast"
The rates in Portsmouth and the Seacoast are ridiculous in the summer. The Anchorage Inn is a decent place , for a decent rate . No problems, good Internet speed, real convenient location
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
Justa_Pedlr
"Dated motel"
very basic lodging, with some worn furnishings, but presentable. interior pool is very tiny...only good for young kids. Cholrine smell permeates the area around the front desk and breakfast area.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Fernando
"Basement rooms"
The hotel smells like a combination of chlorine and mold. We were put in the basement. It wasn't worth the almost $200 we paid for one night's stay!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Pool is very small"
It was just okay. Front desk wasn't very friendly. Failed to mention anything about breakfast or free wifi. Pool was very small and whirlpool was barely warm. Room was clean. Beds were not that comfortable. Sink was outside of bathroom, which was nice. However, the bathroom itself was extremely small. Breakfast is included, which is usually a bonus. Not this time. It is listed as an expanded contintental breakfast. There was muffins (which were cold) bagles, bread, hard boiled eggs, cereal, apples (no other fruit) and you could make waffles. We went early and had a hard time getting near anything. Breakfast room was very small.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
"needs improvement"
This hotel is nice on the outside... If you stay parked in the front and don't venture to the back. The new bathrooms are very nice and the free breakfast is decent. We had 2 rooms and one had a new air conditioner while the other had an old musty dirty one that filled the room with a horrible smell and couldn't be used. (Plus it was a hot July day, so that sucked) The carpets in the hotel are stained and mismatched. The pool room is muggy, hot, and smells of over chlorination. For someone in a wheelchair to be put on the second floor was a challenge. The one ramp was at the front entrance only. We asked for adjoining rooms and were given rooms next to each other, but they didn't adjoin. We adjoined to another room which I believed was just a mistake by the guy at the front desk. Service was decent. OK for one overnight on our way to Logan. Would really consider something else next time.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
Lynda
"Nice hotel, great price!"
Nice stay, large room, and great amenities. The room was clean and has more than enough space for two people! We loved having the indoor pool and fitness center. While the fitness center is small, I never had to share it with anyone and enjoyed the sauna. Staff was helpful and friendly.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Kaye
"A mediocre hotel near downtown Portsmouth."
I stayed with some friends at the Anchorage Inn during a conference we were attending in downtown Portsmouth. The staff was pleasant and the check-in and out process was simple and quick. Our room was small and mediocre. It smelled strongly like left-over food and there were several mildew stains in the tub. We had a room that was in the lower section of the hotel, and we likened the setting to staying in a 'dungeon.' The beds were uncomfortable, and the bathroom was extremely small. We did not utilize the complimentary breakfast or pool, so I cannot comment on these amenities. That being said, it was a fine hotel for the 2 nights we stayed there, and was literally a 3 minute drive to downtown Portsmouth with a cheaper rate.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Used to be a nice hotel"
Anchorage came recommended as an old building meticulously kept up. Not in my experience. The bath was dirty, and the bathroom could have been cleaned. There was nowhere to eat a light supper. The beds were comfortable.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Maureen
Very nice hotel. Really only noticed two things. First, the TVs need to be updated as they are about 20 years old and the bathrooms were very small. Otherwise very nice, nice pool, jacuzzi, cleanlines, quiet etc.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Very clean. Helpful staff. Breakfast crowded."
Rooms very clean. Walls and floors seemed thin as you could hear everything going on about us. Breakfast area too small for number of guests feeding at the trough.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
ThomasG
"was ok"
was ok, the room was to close to the swimming pool and too noisy
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Rose
The stay was grate. The only problem I had was the bleach smell. When we walked in the lobby to check in the smell was very strong. I don't kno if their using the appropriate amount of bleach in the pool, but It stuck with us until we got to the room and the smell would go and come. If they would fix that bleach smell problem that would be great. One more thing, the hotel staff guy was smoking a cigarette outside right by the entrance and threw the cigarette right on the floor which after a while it started to smoke no one noticed the smoke but me as I was coming out and I ran and told him and he ran out and sprayed it with the hoes. I thought that was Eresponsible and unprofessional / stupid on his behalf.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2014
Chief
The room was clean but smelled a bit musty when we arrived. The bathroom is TINY. There is barely room to exit the tub without hitting the toilet. And it is very noisy - we were on the first floor and you could hear everyone walk down the hallway upstairs! The floors in the room creaked and when anyone got up in the night, everyone in the room woke up. On the plus side, the staff was very helpful. The continental breakfast was fair - the waffles were good but the danish and muffins were only so-so. The cereal was a little on the stale side. I wish they had had yogurt and more fresh fruit options.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"A pleasure to stay again!"
We stayed here last year while attending the NHRA New England Summer Nationals and we were very glad to stay again this year. The staff was awesome and helpful, even when I needed a charging cord for my cell phone! My only negative was that the bathroom looked like it was in the middle of repair, not painted trim and putty all over and we found a towel behind the door that had been used. That was it and nothing that would keep up from coming back.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
dawnoxnard
"not what I expected from reviews"
New front desk guy was very nervous and the room keys he gave us weren't programmed correctly and so didn't work. The side door to the hotel was unlocked during the day and evening so security not very good. At least they locked it at night. In the AM the basement room was very noisy - sounded like people loudly chatting out in the hallway at 7:30am and that is about the time the children in the room over us started running back and forth doing laps in their room. From the 4 plus ratings I expected this hotel to be very nice but it was actually rather run down. Oh also a very strong chlorine smell in the hallways from the pool I assume.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"overall a great value"
could have been a bit closer to the city center, but for the price and the location, it was great! Room was comfy and breakfast was included!
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Great place to stay while working in the area."
I have stayed here before while working in the area. I usually stay 2-4 nights. Everything here is done right. The room and bed are comfortable, clean and well kept. The indoor pool is great for relaxing after a long day. The breakfast is good to start the day and the newspaper is a bonus. Hospitality is fantastic.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
We were there to attend the graduation exercises for a grandson at Berwick Academy. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. The only negative was the bathroom was rather small. We would not hesitate to stay there again if in the area. Ken & Elaqine Hawkins
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to the event we were attending."
Very friendly front desk staff. Breakfast area staff not so friendly!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Joan
"Pleasant enough..."
We booked the hotel at the last minute and thought it was great for one night. The room was clean and nice looking. The breakfast was enough for me...bagels, english muffins, waffles, cereals, etc.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
MinnesotaNice
"Two night stay"
Very nice hotel near UNH. Comfortable and quiet. We enjoyed the fitness center, hot tub, sauna, and pool. Great for relaxing after a long drive to NH. Due to car trouble we extended our stay one night, with no problems. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"Great Hotel near Highway."
This was my second time here and I'm planning on returning, again and again. The Jacuzzi was the perfect icing to my cake... after hiking Mt. Washington earlier that day.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to the interstate."
Staff was very friendly. Room was clean. Breakfast was fine. Shower was not very warm.
Other trip May 23, 2014
k
"Nice older atmosphere"
Well kept older place with nice ambiance. A very enjoyable stay.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Convenient from I 95"
Kitty with us. Maybe why we got a below ground room, with repairwork going on.
Other trip May 22, 2014
The hallways appear outdated but the rooms were not
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Hotel pool and staff was great. Room smelled"
When I saw the hotel I was excited the pool was inviting and hot tub even better. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with everything. However, when I got to our room it smelled. After I got all settled in and took a look around I realized why, this was a pet friendly hotel which I wasn't aware of. The smell in our room was dog, since I am allergic and began having trouble breathing during the night I was very unsatisfied. I wish I knew this before I booked.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Sue
"Good stop"
With the exception of the pool opening to late in the morning for our kids to swim we had a good stay. We got in kind of late so we were hoping to go for a swim in the morning. The pool was closed due to a chlorination cycle and they wouldn't let us in. Disappointed kids with swimsuits on. The hotel was fine and the rooms were clean, we had a pretty good stay.
1 night business trip May 15, 2014
Right off the highway but a little too far to walk to downtown Portsmouth. Really nice hotel though.
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
"Friendly Atmosphere"
Upon getting to the hotel late after our son's baseball game, we were greeted by Holden with enthusiasm!! Very nice guy, very sociable too. Said if we needed anything to let him know. The Pool was great for the 12 year old boys too, everything was in great proximity to the room. The room had an odd smell, could use a good spray of Febreeze or something, but the beds were comfy, bathroom was clean. Close to the highway but the traffic noise was nothing to worry about. The continental breakfast was just right too, no complaints here and for the $$ it's well worth it plus I could have my dog with me too with no worries.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Val
"Convenient and good service"
Good place to stay and affordable. The aesthetics of the place could be better but very satisfied overall.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
"Near Maine outlets"
Staff was excellent and very attentive. Rooms were clean and of average size for the area. Plenty of parking and easy on offthe highway . The indoor pool caused a feeling of humidity on the first floor. This was not an issue on our floor but would cause me to request a room on another floor next stay.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Family Hotel"
Overall we were pleased. Chairs were a little uncomfortable and kids running up hall were a little noisy in early evening but everything was clean and staff was friendly. Hot tub & pool were nice.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
room was very nice ,but the bed was uncomfortable and the swimming pool inside was cold,.other than that I give it two thumbs up
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
"Won't Book Here Again"
Front Desk Person was rude, Room smelled, pool was very small and cool.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2014
Monica P
"Great location, right off of the highway."
We were very happy and comfortable with our accommodations. Very easy to arrive and depart.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014