All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here417 Woodbury Ave, Portsmouth, NH, 03801, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"was ok"
was ok, the room was to close to the swimming pool and too noisy
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Rose
The stay was grate. The only problem I had was the bleach smell. When we walked in the lobby to check in the smell was very strong. I don't kno if their using the appropriate amount of bleach in the pool, but It stuck with us until we got to the room and the smell would go and come. If they would fix that bleach smell problem that would be great. One more thing, the hotel staff guy was smoking a cigarette outside right by the entrance and threw the cigarette right on the floor which after a while it started to smoke no one noticed the smoke but me as I was coming out and I ran and told him and he ran out and sprayed it with the hoes. I thought that was Eresponsible and unprofessional / stupid on his behalf.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2014
Chief
The room was clean but smelled a bit musty when we arrived. The bathroom is TINY. There is barely room to exit the tub without hitting the toilet. And it is very noisy - we were on the first floor and you could hear everyone walk down the hallway upstairs! The floors in the room creaked and when anyone got up in the night, everyone in the room woke up. On the plus side, the staff was very helpful. The continental breakfast was fair - the waffles were good but the danish and muffins were only so-so. The cereal was a little on the stale side. I wish they had had yogurt and more fresh fruit options.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"A pleasure to stay again!"
We stayed here last year while attending the NHRA New England Summer Nationals and we were very glad to stay again this year. The staff was awesome and helpful, even when I needed a charging cord for my cell phone! My only negative was that the bathroom looked like it was in the middle of repair, not painted trim and putty all over and we found a towel behind the door that had been used. That was it and nothing that would keep up from coming back.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
dawnoxnard
"not what I expected from reviews"
New front desk guy was very nervous and the room keys he gave us weren't programmed correctly and so didn't work. The side door to the hotel was unlocked during the day and evening so security not very good. At least they locked it at night. In the AM the basement room was very noisy - sounded like people loudly chatting out in the hallway at 7:30am and that is about the time the children in the room over us started running back and forth doing laps in their room. From the 4 plus ratings I expected this hotel to be very nice but it was actually rather run down. Oh also a very strong chlorine smell in the hallways from the pool I assume.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"overall a great value"
could have been a bit closer to the city center, but for the price and the location, it was great! Room was comfy and breakfast was included!
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Great place to stay while working in the area."
I have stayed here before while working in the area. I usually stay 2-4 nights. Everything here is done right. The room and bed are comfortable, clean and well kept. The indoor pool is great for relaxing after a long day. The breakfast is good to start the day and the newspaper is a bonus. Hospitality is fantastic.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
We were there to attend the graduation exercises for a grandson at Berwick Academy. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. The only negative was the bathroom was rather small. We would not hesitate to stay there again if in the area. Ken & Elaqine Hawkins
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to the event we were attending."
Very friendly front desk staff. Breakfast area staff not so friendly!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Joan
"Pleasant enough..."
We booked the hotel at the last minute and thought it was great for one night. The room was clean and nice looking. The breakfast was enough for me...bagels, english muffins, waffles, cereals, etc.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
MinnesotaNice
"Two night stay"
Very nice hotel near UNH. Comfortable and quiet. We enjoyed the fitness center, hot tub, sauna, and pool. Great for relaxing after a long drive to NH. Due to car trouble we extended our stay one night, with no problems. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"Great Hotel near Highway."
This was my second time here and I'm planning on returning, again and again. The Jacuzzi was the perfect icing to my cake... after hiking Mt. Washington earlier that day.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to the interstate."
Staff was very friendly. Room was clean. Breakfast was fine. Shower was not very warm.
Other trip May 23, 2014
k
"Nice older atmosphere"
Well kept older place with nice ambiance. A very enjoyable stay.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Convenient from I 95"
Kitty with us. Maybe why we got a below ground room, with repairwork going on.
Other trip May 22, 2014
The hallways appear outdated but the rooms were not
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Good stop"
With the exception of the pool opening to late in the morning for our kids to swim we had a good stay. We got in kind of late so we were hoping to go for a swim in the morning. The pool was closed due to a chlorination cycle and they wouldn't let us in. Disappointed kids with swimsuits on. The hotel was fine and the rooms were clean, we had a pretty good stay.
1 night business trip May 15, 2014
Right off the highway but a little too far to walk to downtown Portsmouth. Really nice hotel though.
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
"Friendly Atmosphere"
Upon getting to the hotel late after our son's baseball game, we were greeted by Holden with enthusiasm!! Very nice guy, very sociable too. Said if we needed anything to let him know. The Pool was great for the 12 year old boys too, everything was in great proximity to the room. The room had an odd smell, could use a good spray of Febreeze or something, but the beds were comfy, bathroom was clean. Close to the highway but the traffic noise was nothing to worry about. The continental breakfast was just right too, no complaints here and for the $$ it's well worth it plus I could have my dog with me too with no worries.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Val
"Convenient and good service"
Good place to stay and affordable. The aesthetics of the place could be better but very satisfied overall.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
"Near Maine outlets"
Staff was excellent and very attentive. Rooms were clean and of average size for the area. Plenty of parking and easy on offthe highway . The indoor pool caused a feeling of humidity on the first floor. This was not an issue on our floor but would cause me to request a room on another floor next stay.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Family Hotel"
Overall we were pleased. Chairs were a little uncomfortable and kids running up hall were a little noisy in early evening but everything was clean and staff was friendly. Hot tub & pool were nice.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
room was very nice ,but the bed was uncomfortable and the swimming pool inside was cold,.other than that I give it two thumbs up
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
"Won't Book Here Again"
Front Desk Person was rude, Room smelled, pool was very small and cool.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2014
Monica P
"Great location, right off of the highway."
We were very happy and comfortable with our accommodations. Very easy to arrive and depart.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"PORTSMOUTH HOTEL"
COMFORTABLE AND CONVENIENT TO SHOPPING AND ATTRACTIONS.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Great hotel with great staff"
Stayed for 3 nights and used the exercise room and hot tub. Rooms nicely appointed. Staff friendly, courteous, quick to remedy any issues. Great value.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Very comfortable
1 night trip Mar 24, 2014
"short cab ride to downtown"
staff was friendly, inexpensive cab ride to downtown. room was clean and very quiet
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
Laurie
"Very busy on the weekend"
The hotel was full and a bit loud, but by 10:00 PM all was quiet. Conveniently located right off 95. They have a nice pool for the kids and a hot tub as well. The property is fairly well maintained and the rooms are clean, with very comfortable beds. Overall, I was very happy with this property and would stay again. It is pet friendly which is a huge plus for me.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
CMC
"what a pleasant surprise"
was caught without a place to stay at the last moment. got this through expedia. very clean, comfortable, warm, and had anything I could have needed, either in room or at front desk. free breakfast, very clean, very nice bed. recommend this highly.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
liz
"Nice place for a short stay."
This is a nice Inn for a short stay, since the bathroom was VERY small. I can't imagine staying for more than one night or with more than 2 people. There wasn't even room enough in the bathroom to get dressed comfortably. I would suggest reconstructing the rooms to enlarge the bathrooms, if they are all this size. I was only there for one night so it worked out alright for me.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
We have stayed there many times before and enjoyed our stay. This time was the same except the pool was a bit cold and the Hot Tub was very hot. Other than that all was well.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Duane Neale
We had a great stay! Our kids liked the pool and hot tub most, as did we. We were in town for a hockey tournament and the pool was the highlight of our trip! Thanks!
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
Belinda
"Nice hotel with great prices"
Check in was fast and easy. Price was great and the room was very comfortable. The coffee wasn't so good but I'm very picky about my coffee.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
"Dog friendly cost"
Dog friendly but paying $20 per day (per dog, if applicable) is very steep. I would rather have a manager come in upon leaving to inspect if any damage occurred. I can understand if they reserve some money and upon inspection a portion is returned if not all the monies. In the future, I will shop around more before staying there with a dog. We stayed in a similar motel in South Carolina where there was no additional charge for dogs.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Close to Portsmouth, Great staff"
We spent a New Years Eve at the Anchorage Inn and we had an amazing stay. We had a pet-friendly room that was very comfortable. Unfortunately there was an unattended dog barking for several hours. Unfortunate but understandable and easy enough to tune out. Otherwise, the front desk was amazing and very helpful.
2 night trip Dec 30, 2013
Andrew V.
"Pet friendly"
I'd have to see the other floors and rooms. We were put in a semi-basement area where guests with pets go. It was very dated and rough around the edges. Both the front desk staff and housekeeping were polite but a bit abrasive.
2 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"Never again."
The rooms are outdated. There was hair in the shower and the tub was trashed. There was food all over the floor. I found a shrimp shell and several crumbs.
2 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
"Good get away place"
This area had it all great food easy access to can service polite staff great room pool and hot tub it was great for a short stay with plenty to see and do.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Andrea
"Bed Bugs"
The hotel staff was friendly and the area was nice. The hotel room wasn't very clean and there were bed bugs in our room. I put a few of the bugs in a cup and showed them to the girl at the counter. They said they would refund the money for the room. What was surprising to me was the woman didn't see very surprised about the bed bugs. I wouldn't stay there again.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
Kyle
"Convenient and Reasonable"
Several family members stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding. It was convenient, reasonably priced and had a lot of amenities like wifi, pool and free coffee in the lounge.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Very convenient to I 95 exit"
The room was very clean and obviously remodeled recently. It was a good value with breakfast buffet and indoor pool.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2013
Hotel was clean and breakfast was good. Staff was friendly. Located on the outskirts of town but easy to drive to
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2013
"Pleasant Surprise"
We were upgraded to a suite after the upstairs neighbors were being very disruptive. It was gorgeous and peaceful. Thank you Harlan!
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
The hotel was very nice it was centrally located not to far from town and close to the freeway so we could go to other destinations. It was clean good breakfast could have been until 10 .Price was a little high but maybe it was the time of year. I liked it overall.
3 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
Deborah Kiss
"Over priced for average hotel"
I have stayed in much nicer hotels for the same or less money. The room was ok. Beds were comfortable. Hotel was close to Kittery outlets and restaurants.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Visitor
Room did not look like it had been cleaned. Toilet was filthy, hair in shower. Very disappointed!
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Convenient to shopping"
Nice hotel
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Bill youngfert
"Average Hotel in Portsmouth right off the highway"
The Anchorage Inn is a very average hotel in Portsmouth, N.H. The desk staff was cordial and the check in was easy. The rooms were average (very small bathrooms). The beds were not as comfortable as I would have liked. We knew another couple staying at the hotel, and were hoping to get together when we returned to the hotel on Saturday night. There is no appropriate common area (i.e. a cafe or bar area) to congregate at the hotel, so we ended up going to our separate rooms. The person staying above our room woke up at 5:00 A.M. and I could hear EVERY footstep he took in his room. Therefore, I was awake since 5:00 A.M. The hotel offers a continental breakfast from 6:00-9:00 A.M. but we did not make it down in time so missed the breakfast. This seems like a good hotel for travelers who need a clean place to stay for the night, but not a good choice for those hoping to experience the ambience of Portsmouth.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013