All hotels in Pisa, Italy
Viale Gramsci 14 - Galleria B, Pisa, PI, 56125, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A great piece pf Poss"
This hotel has Old World charm, a friendly, staff that love their city and shared the highlights. We enjoyed our wandering with the directions they shared. Located in walking distance gr the train station yet very quiet.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"nice hotel great breakfast"
breakfast is great best croissant ever
1 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
Yes been to Pisa more times this time chose close to train station to get around more! Main reason for visit Viarreggio Carnival and Fiorentina vs Totteham match TX
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"GOOD HOTEL CLOSE TO TRAIN STATION"
On arrival and while stayed at this hotel we felt welcomed and the hotel staff were so helpful and great us with smiling face.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Saravanan
Really good hotel! We had the economic twin room and it was amazing: big, fully equipped and clean. We loved our stay and the breakfast, and it's just 2 minutes walk away from the city centre and the train station. If we come back, we will go there by sure!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Very basic option close to the Pisa train station"
Chose this hotel based on proximity to the train station. On that point it worked great, and at a cheap price. The condition of the hotel was lack luster. The entrance it tucked away in a somewhat dark corridor and the lobby has a, well, unique scent. The room, beds and bathroom, were not very up to date. The shower curtain was moldy. The price was low, but I'm not sure it was low enough for what I'd like to expect in exchange.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
we had 3 rooms 2 had tea and coffee and 1 didn't have
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Excellent place to stay"
Excellent. Close to train station and the neighborhood was terrific
3 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Lee
"Don't stay here"
I was uncomfortable just walking thru the alley one must use to get to the entrance to the hotel as its populated with seemingly homeless men. Although the temperature was very warm, lobby was not air conditioned, so I asked about it and the clerk told me the room would have air, so I proceeded to check in. The elevator opened on a long hall with a couple of very dim bulbs so it was hard to even see the room numbers. Opening the door, I was disappointed to see a shabby room, old furniture, peeling paper, an air conditioner that didn't work (or maybe the control for it was broken) the bed llooked saggy, the towels in the bath were paper thin, etc. more importantly the metal key I had could have been copied, but there was no deadbolt ! I left my bag, went down the block and found a clean, modern, air conditioned hotel with professional staff, plastic key cards, etc. I returned, picked up my bags and let the clerk know I could not stay due to the conditions. Upon arriving home, I checked with Expedia, who contacted Hotel La Pace, and was told they had indeed charged me and refused to refund my money. I do NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Deborah
Nice breakfast og a friendly staff. Quiet - when you think that we was in a big town.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Very good location especially if you intend to use the train to get to the lovely places around Pisa. Staff are excellent and very helpful and efficient. Hotel is very clean though the furniture is a bit old. All in all satisfied with our stay there and will stay there again.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
great location near railway station - decor dated but clean - breakfast & helpfulness of staff compensated. would recommend
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Short walk to train and main attractions."
It's an ok hotel if you are not fussy about little details. It has working internet, but with poorly working AC, good thing it was not hot during our stay , so we just opened the windows. Close proximity to train station and a nice walk to the tower of Pisa.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Beth
Amazing value for money; staff very friendly, room very comfortable. Decor better than 3 stars - marble floors etc. View from windows improved on higher floors, with some rooms having an excellent view of the Leaning Tower etc, and the hills and mountains in the distance. Ask for what you'd like when you book, and they'll do their best to accommodate. Breakfast well worth the money, wide variety. We spent 6 nights there and would happily have spent many more!
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Free wi-fi only for 30 minutes and it didn't reach the room
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Excellent concierge and loved the artwork. Eccentric but interesting.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Two economy double rooms. We had a lovely two nights at the hotel. Rooms were clean, air con was a blessing as it was very warm weather. Staff were welcoming and extremely helpful. Breakfast excellent, lots of choice. Would recommend.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Excellent location, 5 minute walk from station"
Surprisingly nice for the price, comfortable, clean and quite attractive.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Big rooms and convenient location"
We stayed in a suite. One of the AC units was leaking so we asked for a few extra towels but they just changed our room. We ended up getting a bigger room so it worked out well. It's not very clean but definitely acceptable. The bathrooms are okay too. The location is a big plus with the train station and bus stop from the galileo airport very nearby. The leaning tower is a 20 minute walk or a 10 minute bus ride. The Plaza nearby has lots of shops. Overall the hotel doesnt look appealing since it's within a small shopping complex but inside it's fine. The breakfast has a large selection and is good. We paid 7 euro for breakfast since it wasn't included but it is definitely worth it.
2 night business trip Jun 29, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Railway Station"
The hotel is recommended for those arrived by train as located close to Railway Station, with very friendly and professional staff.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Hotel very close to the train station/airport, good services and welcoming. Our neighbours were too noisy and the walls were a bit too thin. About location and surroundings, I think that hôtels near train stations are not the best choice for a question of safety and "feeling to be part of the city"
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
very seedy area. entrance in the alley way there are lots of strange people hanging. didn't feel safe going in and out even during the day.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"not money's worth"
The hotel was old and in need of renovation/ updating. The furniture saw its better days 50 years ago -these were not antiques, just old broken furniture. The entrance to the hotel was easy to miss. It was located in a shopping block alley that looked kind of scary. High season price should be not more than $59, and this would be due to it's location which was half a block from the train terminal which was very convenient. At over $100 a night that we paid, this was the worst hotel that I ever got for this price .The breakfast buffet was definitely the best of all the hotels I stayed in but it doesn't compensate for the price we paid for the room.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2014
honestme
Our room N° 520 was close to the elevator and consequently noisy till midnight
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Good location for station and airport. Have used La Pace several times before so knew I would get a good breakfast and welcome. Only downside is that entrance location gives the wrong impression of the actual hotel. Pity it couldn't be improved more.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Good staff. Good place. Excelent breakfast!
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Great for a one-night stay"
We were only in Pisa for one night and Hotel La Pace fit our needs perfectly. It's very close to the train station in a quiet location, within walking distance to the Tower, shopping, restaurants, etc. The staff could not have been more helpful. The rooms were a bit small, but very comfortable.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Z
"Clean Hotel but in rough area"
All staff was helpful and spoke English very well
Other trip May 20, 2014
Booked the hotel because of its great location . Only 5 minutes from the airport and opposite the railway station. We arrived late and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. They directed us to a lovely family run restaurant where we had delicious Italian food at a reasonable price. We checked out the following morning and were able to store our bags in a safe place in the hotel, enabling us to have a look around Pisa before moving down the coast. We also left bags with reception on our way home even though we were not staying at the hotel. The staff were very helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable and good value for money. Will definitely use this hotel again.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"So convenient for train travelers"
This hotel was perfect for us. We toured Tuscany by train and this hotels is 200 meters from train station. The staff was excellent, spoke fluent English and even let me speak to them in my limited Italian which was very nice. Rooms were small but comfortable. There are plenty of markets and restaurants in the area. The only downside was that the Leaning Tower is about a 20-30 minute walk but you get to see some great things along the way (cool streets, churches, shops, restaurants, etc.) and also gives you an excuse to burn off some extra calories.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Daniel M.
Very friendly, helpful staff. Very close proximity to train station and city centre. There is a shuttle service from the airport, so do not book from the hotel as this is more expensive. Great price. Do not be put off by location of hotel under darkened area of shops it is safe.
Other trip May 1, 2014
Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast was great. Location is fantastic. 1 min from the station, 2 min from centre, 30 min from the Piazza dei miracoli. Very clean, rooms are small and shower is small. Lovely paintings every where. Surroundings are typical of station located hotels, so not great.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
"Think twice before staying here!"
OK, so the location is convenient to the train station and the hotel staff is very nice and helpful. That's the good points. For the bad, let's start with security. The location is off a alley in an area inhabited by groups of idle men, the hotel corridors are dark, there is no deadbolt to the door, or safe in the room. The hotel is décor is circa 1950's and the walls are paper thin. You'll hear everything not only from the rooms next door but the floors above and below. And when I say everything, I mean everything. This is not a place for sleeping like a baby.
4 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2014
Scoot2Mtns
"Good for the price, very old hotel."
The lobby smell like bathroom all the time, room was ok and clean. Shower has rust around.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"ok hotel"
The hotel has a good location if you need something closer to train station. It's only a couple of min. walking. Breakfast is good. Bed/room is clean. I think that the room is painted in too dark color which make it look old and dirt. We did have problem of mosquito (this is in December!), although only one I guess. We didn't get good sleep the first night due to this mosquito problem.
2 night family trip Dec 2, 2013
"Decent Hotel close to the train station"
The hotel was very conveniently located to the train station which was perfect as we arrived at 3AM from Rome. The bus station to get to the airport was also right there and a quick cheap way to the airport as well.The hotel had no wifi in the rooms and even downstairs after liking them on Google, LinkedIN and facebook I had very shoddy signal. The overall comfort of the room was good. A little pricey but we paid for the convenience of the location.
1 night trip with friends Oct 20, 2013
KP
"Good hotel near the train station"
The hotel is conveniently located near the train station. Good location. Safe, clean and convenient. About fifteen minutes walk to leaning tower of Pisa . Please walk, don't take the bus. The walk is so beautiful. Hotel has been in business for more than hundred years, so don't expect modern, new rooms. It is little bit dated. The shower is, literally , 18 inches by 24 inches. No room to even stretch your hands completely. Breakfast is great. We reached Pisa in the evening. Slept in the room and left in the morning. Bottom line, don't expect luxury, just a basic place to sleep, shower and leave.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Venkat
"Northern Toscany - Pisa and Luca"
The hotel had a great location since we were traveling by train...2 blocks max. The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. The hotel was also walking distance to all the important sites in Pisa and 30 minutes by train to Luca. We got referred to a couple of neighborhood restaurants that were tops, great quality of food and reasonable prices for Italy. Their "house red wine" was just fantastic, and the staff was great. The place was full of "locals" and a few like us that like to venture into the culture and customs of the area. We had a great couple of days even with the partial rain during our visit.
2 night trip Sep 29, 2013
Raul and Maria
"Clean comfortable hotel close to the train station"
This hotel is within walking distance of the train station. This was my first experience with a pedestrian alley (Galleria B) off the street so I overshot the place on my first attempt. It is also reasonably close to The Field of Miracles (where you'll find the Leaning Tower), and the Tower was visible from my room. I'm a walker and easily walked to the Field of Miracles. The breakfast is outstanding with a large selection. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were all friendly and helpful.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Rich
"close to the city center"
This hotel was close to the city center and service was great.
2 night trip Sep 18, 2013
Rocio
"Close to train station"
The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. They gave us an excellent dinner recommendation. The hotel is across the street from Pisa Centrale Train Station so it is very convenient for an early train or airport departure. Frequent trains link the station to the airport. However, like most areas around train stations, it is not the best address in town.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
"Good, solid hotel, close to station"
This hotel is literally only half a block from the raileay station and within walking distance of the leaning tower. There are a couple of decent restaurants within a block or two if you don't want to go far for dinner. We had one of the bigger rooms overlooking the courtyard/garden so it was nice and quiet. The included breakfast was one of the best we have seen, full bacon, eggs etc as well as continental pastries and cheeses and cereals. They had two great automatic espresso, capuccino, latte , hot chocolate machines making excellent drinks. Would definitely recommend for a moderately priced stay. The service was english speaking and very helpful.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
CarolS
"Very convenient/ AC a big plus"
We stayed here for 4 nights and chose the hotel due to its proximity to the train station. It is literally accros the street, on the left. The room was ok, but AC was a huge plus, as was the free breakfast. Great place to stay if you plan on taking day trips by train. Loved it!!!
4 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Ag
A very informative and nice receptionist with interest of giving the best information about our questions, besides telling us of what to be beware of from the beggars etc. I'm 67 and travelled with my daugther (34years), on to les Cinqueterre. Close to station, airport and everything, perfect!Thanks from Lajla and Linda from Norway!
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Family owned and friendly"
The staff was incredible. I made a mistake on my dates I booked by a day and they accomadated me with no penalties. Super friendly and helpful. Room was very quiet. Near train station so did not have to drag luggage far. Would book with them again! Oh and the breakfast spread was unbelievable--eggs, sausage, cereal, pastries, meats and cheeses, breads, juice, yogurt and even desserts. Best spread the entire trip!
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
Cindy
"What a dump."
A decrepit depressing dump that needed a facelift 20 years ago. Inadequate air conditioning. Very sketchy neighborhood. Pleasant helpful staff made up somewhat for an otherwise foul experience. And way overpriced.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
david
"Old work deco"
The location was good being next to the terrminal and easy walking distance to the sights (tower). The breakfast brunch was great! All the staff was actually nice except for the lady at the desk in the evening. She is the only reason we scored staff low. She was gruff, while we are always courteous. Pillows were nonexistent, but the old furnishings had an old world charm.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
My first hotel in Italy. Room was clean and overall comfortable. Good location for being close to rail station and easy to find however folks should realize the entrance is in a small alley that has some other storefronts. Easy walk to the tower. Our first room had a broken AC unit. They put us in another room where the AC worked but did not get the temp real cool. Room lacked extra outlets for my electronic devices and the outlet that I did find by unplugging something else was a skinnier plug than what my converter was ready for. The breakfast was fantastic! I do recommend the hotel.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
"Pisa hotel by train station OK for overnight"
Hotel is a good value if you are flying in or out of Pisa airport and want to spend a night there. Nice breakfast buffet. 1.50Euro short train ride to airport. Friendly staff. No problem storing luggage if you get there early or late. Easy day trip to Lucca. If you are a night owl, I would stay somewhere else since homeless tend to congregate around the train station, but I felt safe there. Nice old fashion lobby and tile work. Nice big elevator.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
Although the exterior is not much to look at the interior is clean and the reception welcoming. Useful for an overnight stay as near both station and airport. Breakfast good and with a bigger choice this time than on previous visit. Air conditioning could be better as it either does not work or is noisy as it switches on and off through the night.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013