All hotels in Groton, Connecticut, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here135 Kings Highway, Groton, CT, 06340, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.8
"Good Location and Value"
To paraphrase Tolstoy, all good rooms are alike. I found nothing wrong with the room, and the staff was courteous and professional. It is located just off I-95, but, like many other properties along the Eastern Seaboard, it can be tricky to get there without GPS.
2 night trip Oct 20, 2013
"Hotel Needs Work"
The hotel is in a good location, and the suite was spacious. However, routine maintenance is lacking. The bathroom door handle was about to fall off, and the bathroom door had swollen to where it was difficult to shut. Also, the towel bar was bent up and fell down easily. For the price, improvement is needed. Also, I booked a smoking room and was given a non-smoking one. The location was convenient for the concert we attended at Mohegan Sun, but for what I paid I'll look somewhere else next time.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Robert Brown
Hotel was accesible to my place of business for 5 days. Close to restaurants and shopping area.
4 night business trip Sep 9, 2013
Rusty
"Very nice Hotel!"
My three children and I stayed for 2 nights and were very happy.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Perfect location"
it was nice stay. I was able to visit museums near by, the casinos, and shopping malls int he area.
1 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2013
Sergio
Good location btw Fox Woods and Moheghan Sun. Wished the bathroom and additional living space was more clean. Even thought it was a smoke-free room, there was a stale odor that remained.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
jamie
"more than i had hoped for..."
I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't get my hopes up high due to how low the rooms were priced. I expected a decent place to rest our heads. Our room was spacious and clean. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. the pool hours were longer than most places, 10am-10pm. The children loved the pool (clean and not too deep). The continental breakfast was nice: muffins, donuts, fruit, cereal, bagels, AND A WAFFLE MAKER! The hotel is located directly across from Walmart. I would definitely stay again!!!! The only con during our stay was that the wifi wasn't very strong...
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
jenny
"great value and location"
rooms very large and nice outdoor pool,not far to local casinos and stayed 2 nights for less than 1 night at casino.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2013
Mary L
"Stay away"
This hotel is very dirty the hotel staff wasn't helpful at all search for another hotel
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Dj
"Awesome vacation"
Will be back next year
2 night trip Jul 17, 2013
Cathy
"OK Hotel"
It was a good size room, but a older hotel. They had a sign up saying they were remodeling. Paint was chipping and stairway smelled of cigarette smoke.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2013
Dawn
"Very nice"
Has a five guys next door. :) everything was very nice,got it cheap too.
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2013
"pleasantly surprised"
I visited during the off season and was pleasantly surprised by the suite I was given for my 2 night stay. Pool was clean, and continental breakfast was perfect. Couldn't have asked for more!
2 night trip Jul 7, 2013
"Was suppose to stay 3 nights, left after one."
We arrived rather late in the evening so the room was dark when we arrived. I had booked the room for three people and the room had a queen bed and pull-out sofa bed. The sofa bed was not made up nor did it have any bedding in the room. Once we received the bedding, we pulled the sofa out to find it covered in pebbles. We ended up closing it back up and placing the sheets over the sofa. The halls in the hotel as well as the bathroom had a horrible odor of urine. When we woke in morning we found hair on the walls of the bathroom, the walls in the room are yellow, but in some areas where they were trying to cover things up, they used pink paint. The windows are completely stained with I am not sure what, so you can't even see out them. This hotel needs a complete renovation and cleaning!
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
mary
"Days Inn quickly going Downhill into the dregs."
The minute the doors open to the lobby you are smacked in the face of intense curry. And I mean weeks and weeks of curry smell mixed with dirty carpets in the hallways. The person at the front desk tried to give us a room that had an air conditioner that sounded like a jet engine with a wrench rattling a round in it. We got into the second room and wouldn't dare sit on the couch. It had stains on it that looked like someone peed right there. It was 99 degrees out so we went to the pool. There were literally 2 lounge chairs and 2 plastic chairs. The place is in total disrepair and the people running this place don't seem to care. It is not a Days Inn standard motel. I think Days Inn should see how their motel is being represented. Chips of paint everywhere,old and grungy funk in every corner plus the added curry smell.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"ok for the money"
My stay was not too bad. For the money is was fair. Need updating. Ac unit was noisey.
1 night trip May 31, 2013
"noisy and not nice"
Bedding was terribly uncomfortable...noisy..very outdated never saw the continental breakfast or menu...wouldn't go back to stay if you paid for it....
1 night trip May 4, 2013
"Would probably stay again."
Check in was easy but didn't find the receptionist especially friendly. I believe it was the end of her shift as I went back to the desk a few minutes later to ask a question and someone else was working the desk. I had booked two nights and had left towels on bathroom floor to be replaced the first morning I was there. No one ever came near my room and I didn't get more towels while I was there. Bed didn't get made and waste baskets were never emptied. To bad attention to detail doesn't seem to be a priority. The hotel is in a convenient location and I enjoyed the area. I would stay again, however, next time I'll speak up if necessary.
Other trip Apr 21, 2013
JLDH
"Don't let the outside deceive you"
The hotel was extremely out of date.. It smelled from the second you walked in the door.. We did not have hot water and when we told them at the front desk they did not seem to care. It wa very disappointing over all. We will never stay here again.
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
"Awful"
The hotel was gross on the inside. It was so dirty. We had to be moved to two different rooms because the heat did not work, and it was 8 degrees out. Finally we checked out without staying due to the 2nd room we were moved two had hair all in the bathroom and a foul smell and no heat again. We had to find another hotel. Never been so disgusted in my life.
Other trip Jan 29, 2013
"Very outdate"
Very outdate, but for the price one night was not that bad.
Other trip Dec 5, 2012
"Sibling Reunion"
I reserved 3 non smoking rooms , when we arrived on Friday nite we were told the non smoking rooms were all taken. The manager did accommodate after an hour or so. Better to call ahead prior to arriving.
3 night trip Nov 30, 2012
SJW
"good value for the price"
we were surprised by the size of the room. although this hotel can use some sprucing up it was a pleasure to have as much room as we did. i requested an early check-in the day before and they were too happy to accomodate me.
1 night trip Nov 11, 2012
tina s
"Dis Satisfied"
I wouldn't stay there again. Room was depressing. Bathroom was ugly and cheesy. For what it's worth this place should be half their rate. Breakfast food was terrible. we left without takingn any food. Tasted coffee ...it was like hot, brown water. Donut tasted old..
1 night trip Nov 2, 2012
not a nice place

"Nice hotel in convenient location."
Excellent waffle machine. coffee available all day in reception.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Comfortable but had a pool"
Hotel looks new on the photos, which is why I booked it. It's not. Slightly jaded air about the place. Comfortable & room huge with separate lounge. Air con noisy as heel so had to switch off in the night. Corridors dingy. BUT it has an outdoor pool and with the temperatures outside at 95F it was really nice to go and cool down. For the price, worth it.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Graham
"cheap price for a correct stay"
service lacks caring quality. the made did not do a good job cleaning our room. no toilet spare rolls, hair on the floor in the bathroom when we arrived and after 3 nights was still there. did not clean the hashtray. the mattress sheet did not stay fit to the mattress during the night. would I recommand ? well for 47$ it was good price for what we got.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013

CH

TripAdvisor reviews for Days Inn and Suites Groton

"Days Inn Groton"
05/09/15 686donaldp Groton, Connecticut
Problems with Bedroom HBO requiring a PIN code that front desk could not solve. Dirty knife in kitchen sink never cleaned for 2 days. Bathroom sink faucet leaked.
"Jacuzzi"
05/04/15 Michael K Springfield
We booked the room mainly for the Jacuzzi, we paid extra for the room, only one of the jets worked, we paid extra for the room and were disappointed. Otherwise the hotel was good. I would otherwise the hotel
"Room ok"
04/30/15
My room was ok but the odor in the hallway was intolerable and it permeated into the room. The carpet had a strange coat to it that made me constantly check to see if there was something on my feet. My feet stuck to the bathroom floor. There was scattered hair on the shower walls and the door frame needed a good scrubbing about a year ago. I did not take advantage of the continental breakfast. I have stayed here in the past on the ground floor and had a more pleasant experience.
"horror show"
04/29/15 Bellows Falls, Vermont
As I read the past reviews. I see nothing has changed from there past. My wife and I booked a NON smoking. But in fact received a smoking room. My wife has sever asthma. All I got from the manager is "you booked a smoking room". Why would I do that? Never will I stay at these chains again.
"CURRY!!"
04/28/15 ShenSpice New York City, New York
The price was right!!! Location was pretty far from Mohegan Sun (half hour = $33 cab). The room was spacious & clean, but the whole hotel was soooo stinky (curry smell). The morning breakfast was basically non-existing. Overall, it worked for us -- but I wont be staying here again.
"Better Than Expected"
04/23/15 cplmac Salem, Massachusetts
If you need a place for a one or maybe two night stay that is close to the casinos, clean and not overpriced this is the place to go. I visited Foxwoods for a comedy show and stayed at this hotel. I had no problems, the room was clean, spacious and I had a smoking room that didn't smell like a year old ashtray. I stayed at other hotels in the area and the majority are not as good for the price as this Days Inn. I will be staying here again in May.
"OK Stay - nothing special"
04/19/15 PLOTLS54 Phoenix, Arizona
Days Inn in Groton is a reasonably priced hotel - stayed in April for 7 days and had a 2 room suite. Room was spacious but very dated. Bed was acceptable and I did sleep well. Kitchen area needed maintenance - cabinets not hanging correctly. No dishes or pots and pans were provided, so I would have had to buy paper plates and utensils if I wanted to cook...no pots and pans although there was a stove. The room had a musty smell each evening when I returned. Housekeeping made the bed, but didn't vacuum or replace used plastic cups - after 2 days had no drinking cups. Continental breakfast was limited, to toast, muffins, waffles and cold cereal, with coffee and juice. Was glad something was provided. Although location was convenient, don't think I'd stay again. Was unable to use internet.
"The hotel smelled like smoke everywhere. The door lock was..."
04/15/15 David W Dover Plains, New York
The hotel smelled like smoke everywhere. The door lock was broken, the heat/ac unit on was broken, the volume for the tv didn't work, the bathroom was dirty. The paint was peeling off the walls. Very disappointed with this hotel
"Great location and a clean BIG room."
04/14/15 AnthonyCutaia The Bronx
I was heading to Mohegan Sun for the weekend but wasn't thrilled by their hotel prices so I did a little shopping. I got a suite at Days Inn and Suites Groton for a third of the price. Big clean room located just a 10 minute drive to the casino that passes right by the US Submarine Base and Museum. Didn't have time to check out the subs on this trip so next time I head out to Mohegan Sun, I'll stay an extra day.
"Not First Visit, Won't Be Last"
04/01/15 Wendy S Wappingers Falls, New York
I have stayed in this hotel several times now and I always book it when we come out to go to the casinos. It's in a nice area, Walmart is across the street, Five Guys is next door and it's easy to get to. The rooms are nice and have the basics that you would need. The customer service has always been excellent. I'll stay here every time I need a room out that way.