All hotels in Grapevine, Texas, United States of America
1501 Gaylord Trl, Grapevine, TX, 76051, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Designed only for conventions"
This hotel is clean and is designed for conventions. After 24 hours you can easily feel like an animal on display in a terrarium. The restaurants, especially the sports bar, are disappointing with limited selection, high prices and pre-made food (rather than from scratch). The parking is outrageous.
4 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
Mixed. Beautiful grounds and friendly,helpful staff. The hotel was near capacity during my stay(NCAA Football Championship). The four on site restaurants were woefully inadequate to handle the occupants....long lines,long waits,inability to make reservations,etc. The hotel is somewhat isolated. In order to eat off premises a car or cab is required.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Great Resort"
Very beautiful resort. The photos don't do it justice. Barely left the hotel for three days because there is so much to do there.
2 night trip Jan 6, 2015
"Beautiful at Christmas but crowded"
The stay was great but definitely prepare for a hole in your wallet. We went a few days after Christmas for the Ice show and stayed there for 3 nights. The hotel was beautiful, the food was great and the kids (ages 3 and 5) loved it. The ice show and snow tubing was approx. 60.00pp and it was definitely not worth that price. The Christmas scenery was amazing and I got the atrium view which was awesome to wake up to every morning. The food was delicious, the people were friendly. Complaints: Seemed like the staff were not properly trained on how to handle a large crowd. You'd think that they would be prepared for the holiday season but nope. Though the room was clean the beds and pillows were terrible and not comfy at all. The cleaning staff spoke no English, so trying to get some extra towels or postponing your room cleaning was exhausting.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Very Nice Stay"
Went to the ice show. Beautiful room and very clean. Had great meal at the Hickory Steakhouse
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Anniversary stay"
Upgrade to large spacious suite was nice. The water in shower was barely warm, not hot. The handle on toilet broke.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
"Truly Amazing!!!!!"
Amazing!!! Great hotel!! LOVE LOVE the ICE show and all the lights, Christmas trees etc.....Truly Amazing!!!
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"Amazing place for the whole family!"
ICE is outstanding! The whole experience is well worth it. Will be back!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Cowboys Family
"Nice place...but"
$19 a day for self parking? $22 for breakfast? Room rate ok but they get Ya everywhere else!
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Beautiful resort"
The only thing I would change about the hotel is the food prices. Other than that it's great!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Rhiannon
"Bad check in process and charged twice"
Estella was the individual that checked me in - charged me again for the rooms - and once i asked for a receipt she provided me with a receipt with a zero charge and could only explain that she charged me again for the room thru expedia - when I attempted to state that I did it thru hotels.com there was such a language barrier that she could not understand me. I was very frustrated - asked to speak with a manager and could never get one. do not recommend at all.
1 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
Hotel staff was so nice. Great place. Lots of things to do
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Rob
"Everything in one place"
Besides the less than average food quality at the eateries it was a very pleasant stay.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Gaylord Texan"
The hotel was beautiful! There were a ton of people everywhere; so it was a bit busy, but everything about the stay was wonderful!
2 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Alice
"Nice but not Disney"
I think I would describe our stay as inconsistent. The facility is great although it was not maintained as well as it should be (e.g., trash in the garage, door knob on room not smooth). Most of the staff were pleasant, but others were short and unhelpful. Since they hotel charges you for everything, I expected a Disney level of service and it was just mediocre.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Gaylord stay"
Excellent hotel
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice scenic atrium. Decorated for the holidays."
Had nice time. Nice restaurants and lots to do in the area.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
My first time to stay here. I was impressed! I love the restaurants food and drink are awesome.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
QueenRow
"great time at hotel"
wonderful time ------hotel has hard time taking care of crowds especially on weekends!
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
william
"Great place at Christmastime"
Enjoyed our stay. Easy check in and check out. The decorations for Christmas were stunning. Loved the ICE exhibit. Lots to do and convenient location. Grapevine is a terrific place and the Gaylord Texan is an exciting place to stay. The staff was friendly and they were easy to find when you needed help. Will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Sherry
"Best hotel in Ft Worth texas"
Staff wonderful hotel amenities perfect location great for shopping and exploring the Metroplex
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
I travel frequently, by frequently I stay in hotels for business and pleasure several times a month. I am a travel junky. I decided this year to break Christmas tradition since my children have hit the teen years (easily bored). We excitedly headed to the hotel with the Christmas theme. Valet took a horrible amount of time (understandable, it is Christmas), when I got to the front the check-in staff were "fake" friendly. I realize working on a holiday is not ideal, but being dual military family and in the health care field we go years without holidays together and I never let negatively impact those I am caring for. I was told my ice passes were across the hotel at the ticket sales, walked over, waited for 30 minutes and no tickets, walked back and the front desk called Expedia, after another 15 minutes on the phone they realize they called Expedia Canada, not Expedia USA, I declined another phone call and almost check-out, but my husband, who happens to be stationed 3000 miles from me had spent all this time flying in and my kiddos looked upset. I tried to compromise and see if they would just sell me the ICE tickets and snow sledding there so I did not have to drag my family around again. They declined. I ended up calling the hotel from my room and Brenda saved the day, although I paid full price for the tickets Ms. Brenda had the tickets waiting in the will-call which was a shorter line.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Angel
"Nice surroundings. lots of stuff to do."
This was Christmas week. Far too many people. Could hardly move. We could only get to a restaurant one time in the 5 days we were there. They obviously could not handle that many people. People lined up and out the door most all the time. Crazy.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Scottie
"Fabulous Christmas!"
What a wonderful way to spend Christmas. The staff and guests were happy and it made our Christmas very special. We will return again and again.
2 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Vicki
"Go if you like to live inside a shopping mall"
The hotel was very nice but it is very big and very popular to outside public. It feels like you are in a shopping mall all the time. It is hard to walk, eat or use any of the amenities that are in the hotel. There is no way to walk to the indoor pool without crossing the "mall" . Also I was very disappointed that the indoor pool was open to whoever wanted to use it since there is no control. Many people from outside go to eat at the restaurants while their kids stay at the pool. Plenty of people fully dressed inside the pool. Disgusting. There is lack of privacy all over the hotel. We won't go back to this hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Not a wonderful Christmas stay!"
We did not enjoy our stay, which was to bad because it's a great place. I felt I was given incorrect information about the holiday events. The room next to us had to many people staying in it and stay up late make noise until I called the front desk.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Pricey but mediocre service"
resort fees and valet parking drove this stay over the $300 per night mark. Extravagant even for an anniversary celebration in Grapevine Tx. Crowds were crushing, impossible to get into cafes/restaurants, and the ICE staff gives out inaccurate info regarding bookings. Don't try to go to this show on Dec22 or 23 unless you have tickets in hand (not vouchers!!). Prepare yourself with your own gloves/hats/warm shoes. You won't last long in 8 degree temps. Our car was delivered with a scratch in the leather trim on the driver's door sill. Valet's are careless.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
Timothy
"Great Holiday Getaway"
We enjoyed a holiday get away at this beautiful hotel. While it was quite crowded, the staff were friendly & met any needs we had during our stay.
2 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Renita
"December 23-24"
Great overall experience from room, to amenities, shops and restaurants. The Christmas decorations were beautiful.
2 night business trip Dec 22, 2014
"Priced like Disney World"
To over priced for what you get. Just an average $100 hotel room. You would think for the price of the rooms you would get some extra amenities for the prices of the rooms. Everything in the resort cost money. Nothing is included. They will nickel and dime you to death. I don't mind paying extra to stay at a nice resort, but most resorts have added value. This one charges for every thing extra.
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
CHRIS
"Big fun- big prices"
Excellent! Great time! Hotel parking was $19 a night... Unnecessary extra charge...also , the attractions were great but very overpriced. We loved it and it was a great stay... But everything was extraordinarily overpriced.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
robin
"Magical Christmas Hotel"
The Marriott Gaylord gets some knocks for being expensive. If you can find a reasonable rate on expedia it can be a good value. Yes it is 5 star pricing, but especially at Christmas this hotel delivers a very magical experience.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Nice but needs improvement ...."
My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary weekend . The first night we were given the wrong room. When we booked online thru hotels.com we booked a partial atrium view but on arrival we were not honored with this. However, I asked to speak with a supervisor and Dan who was the supervisor on staff that night fixed the problem . It was late Friday when we arrived but Dan had our atrium view room ready the very next morning. He even text me on my phone taking care not to wake us up to give us the details of our room accommodation. Thanks Dan. Our overall stay was good, however I can say I think the hotel could use more resturaunts because we were only able to enjoy one of them because they were always booked . We were looking forward to enjoying The Hickory Steakhouse but were never able to get in in fact on Sunday 12/21 they closed for the evening and it was only 730. I would recommend The Gaylord however I must say that the eating accommodations could greatly improve you should not have to leave or have food delivered to a 5 star resort , that should always be available.
3 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
tyrone
"Gaylord Stay"
We have stayed in this hotel before and really have enjoyed our stay but this time around it was not enjoyable to say the least check in time was 3pm and we arrived around 4pm to check in and was informed that our room was not available because housekeeping had fallen behind. Our room was not available until almost 5:30 which was pleasant because we have young kids and this place was super packed with a lot of people. So I well not be staying there again around the month of December.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"Overcrowded horrible parking"
Horribly overpriced for overcrowding and bad bad parking.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Ice Getaway"
The Hotel was amazing . Everything is very beautiful and amazing to look at . The Ice event was wonderful . It is very cold . Only 8 degrees so make sure to pack real gloves not cotton so you can actually enjoy the time spent in side . The down fall is that you are right beside the DFW airport and can hear every plane taking off and landing . It made for a less than perfect night sleep. When getting a room with double beds you get a very small living space . How ever the resort has so amny great things to see and do you dont spend much time in the room . Also the food and drinks are very over priced. Make sure to pack snacks for the kids and I brought my own hot coco and cups & the kids stayed happoy without me breaking the bank .
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Perfect just what you would expect from a 5 star hotel it lives up to the billing . Many choices shops eating valet great steak house !
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Rance
"Absolutely beautiful for Christmas"
From the moment we entered, the hotel staff was amiable and helpful. We were awed by the Christmas decorations and the planning it must have taken to put it all together. We've visited the hotel before during the Christmas season and have always wanted to stay. Although the prices are a bit high (the rooms as well as the amenities) we decided to finally spend a night, and we weren't disappointed. The lights stayed on all night, making it that much more special. Overall, it was a great experience and we will definitely be staying again.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Nice hotel, but expected more."
This is our families 3rd stay at The Gaylord. Compared to previous Christmases this year was bland. Less decorations and only one of the seven trains were working. They also need a more kid friendly menu/restaurant. For the price, we will stay elsewhere next time.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Perfect place to relax and still have stuff In the hotel to do!
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Spacious"
It's a very large hotel room. The room was nice and clean for the most part. One of the garbage cans had a bunch of garbage in it when I got there. No biggy. A little frustrating they don't have free shuttles to and from the airport. Not a free breakfast like most hotels. But they say all that in their website so you can't really be mad. Plus they provide you with information for a shuttle.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Kita
"loved the lights!!!!!"
beautiful place, lights were so pretty. you just have to be prepared to spend some money (lots.) but still had a fun time,my grandson loved the decorations. the staff and valet service were so nice.
1 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
dremma
"Amazing Experience!!!!!"
It was awesome!!!! We loved it there!! Everyone was very helpful and it was decorated beautiful!! We did the character breakfast Sunday morning and it was great!!! The kids were in heaven!!! Thank you so much for a wonderful experience!!!!!!
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
Brittany
"Christmas Gettaway"
Hotel was nice but crazy busy and overrun with kids. Would not reccomend this time of year for a couple gettaway. We reserved a king room but it was not available at our 3:30 check in so had to take a room with 2 queens. Lobby and atrium very noisey lots of kids running around. Also holiday decorations were nice but not as over the top as I had heard.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Randy
"ICE - another great experience, minus all drinking"
Staff very nice, customer centric. Hotel well very well maintained, managed. One concern I had was the amount of alcohol around the hotel. Seems like there has been a great increase in the number of bars around the hotel. While I understand that is a profit center for you, I'm not sure if this is the atmosphere you would like to create long term. A lot of 20 year old "adults" running through intoxicated. I must say, I was taken aback to see a bar built into the ICE Exhibit. It is a tradition to bring my son for to stay to experience ICE. Even he made a couple of comments about the crowd drinking so much. I'm not opposed to a glass of wine, a drink here and there, but the drinking at Gaylord seems excessive now.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Carlie
"pretty but pricey"
Decorations were wonderful,everyone was very helpful and friendly. Our tv had to be replaced due to faulty cable. We didn't get room for price we thought. Cost us $60 more at check-in. Dissapointed we didn't get free parking.
1 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
JUNE
"Great hotel for the holidays"
This hotel is really nice to stay during holiday season.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
T
"Put on Hold"
After arriving from Houston at 3:30 PM on November 28th, 2014, we waited until after 6:00 PM before we could get a room. Though they took down our cell number to call when the room was ready, they never did. However, when we went to the front desk to ask about our room, they said they had been trying to contact us. That simply did not happen. While in the past we have enjoyed our stay at the Gaylord during Christmas, we will rethink our choices of hotels when we visit the Dallas area in the future. The hotel has become too commercial and is much over rated. Profit is now their top priority while accommodating hotel guest has become secondary.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
After 6:00 PM
"Awesome"
Awesome
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
"Don't accidently leave anything"
Stayed there over the weekend and took the kids to ICE, the kids loved it. My only complaint would be customer service. I left a photo on the table at one of the restaurants. My wife did not notice until we got back to Houston, we called and they still had it, whew! BUT...they said there was nothing they could do to help, that security couldn't help,and that concierge couldn't help get our photo to us in Houston. Seriously, it would be about 50 cents to mail it to us. I travel a lot and have left things at hotels, cheaper hotel like best western, and la quinta. But never had anyone ever refuse to even try and help get something back that was left behind. I will be there at the beginning of January, so I hope the photo is still there and they don't just throw it away.
1 night family trip Nov 30, 2014