All hotels in Mammoth Lakes, California, United States of America
10400 Minaret Rd., Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Hotel room was comfortable and clean, good size for the 2 of us and nice beds. Staff member that checked us in was appauling, we could tell she didn't want to be there, not helpfull in the slightest, almost to the point of rudeness. Whole hotel itself needs a bit of an renovation, I don't think it has been updated in any way since it opened. No elevators, which was a bit of a pain for my husband who has an injured leg. Airconditioning in room is very old and noisey. Only one radio station on the room radio "bedtime beats" with about 3 songs on repeat... would have been nice to listen to something else. Bathroom toiletries are lovely. Housekeeping was great. Bar area is nice and drinks are priced as you would expect anywhere in a ski resort. Bar staff were pleasant. People with large cars/trucks note the car park spaces are quite small!
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Sara
"No refrigerator"
We brought some beer cans, cheese and hums, but we had no place to keep them in the room. There is even no fence at windows so we couldn't hang them outside the room.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Location Location Location"
Best location! 3 indoor Jacuzzis and 1 big outdoor, nice pool. skies rental service. We had great time
3 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Tomer
"awesome"
We go to mammoth during spring break every year and always stay at the Mammoth Mountain Inn. I love the location and that it is a one stop shop for rentals, food, and skiing. You never have to get in your car while you are there. Love it. The Burns family
2 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
Deborah
"Perfect location, decent rooms"
The location is worth staying at this hotel since it is outdated, but it's not much different than other mammoth hotels... The restaurant has moderate food, and there are no restaurants that deliver 'up the mountain' so be prepared to drive to eat!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
kimberly
"VERY DATED HOTEL"
NEVER GO BACK OLD DATED ROOM BACK FROM THE 1985 DIRTY
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Mammoth Inn in need of major remodel"
Hotel service for friendly and curtious. Our room was in need of a major upgrade (very old). Broken tiles on bathroom floor and a worn dirty carpet. Bedroom furniture was falling apart.
2 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"good as always"
Very pleasant stay with easy going staff and excellent services.
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
Emanuel
Great mountain view, walk to ski lift, clean room.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Great location at Mammoth Main Lodge"
This is an old hotel and it shows, but it's hard to beat the location right across from the Main Lodge. If nothing else, you get excellent parking; and you can park there early on your check-in day and hit the slopes even if your room is not ready. If you have family that are not on the same ski schedule, it is very convenient to drop off and pick them up from the room. Beds are comfortable, but the rooms are like a mid-grade Hilton in Omaha. Food is not great. It makes more sense to drive or bus down to town. We prefer the breakfast at the Main Lodge over the hotel's. Prices are highly variable ($79 to more than $400 for the same room), so we only stay here when they are reasonable. They do charge a $20 resort fee, so factor that in too. Wifi has been upgraded and works reasonably well.
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
Kristina
"Slopeside condo"
The staff at the Mammoth Mountain Inn is superb. Five star service!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Kurt
We got there around 11PM, after driving for six hours. Exhausted. We got to the receptionist and he quickly told us not to bring any more luggage in case we were assigned to the other building. Which we were. The other building was an addition to the hotel, for lack of room I assume. It looked like a very decent barn, but nothing like the hotel we saw in the pictures online and had payed for. The entrance door was so small and untidy that my friend kept driving around the building, convinced that it was a service door. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but other than that, it wasn't pretty. If you are an obsessive skier and you want to ski all day and sleep wherever, then this is a place for you. If you'd like to enjoy your stay I recommend you go to Juniper Springs Resort or any hotel in the Village. It's more expensive but much more enjoyable.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
MO
"Pleasant"
Great food and staff. The room however wasn't very clean and very outdated.
1 night family trip Mar 2, 2015
"Bad experience"
I travel a lot and this goes with one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. The room had a toilet that barely flushed. The shower went from hot to cold randomly. I also used the dryer after washing clothes and 2 cycles later clothes were still soaking wet. The only positives are location and hot tub area.
2 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2015
"Collier's"
Great location. The hotel could use a face lift.
3 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
"First time to Mammoth to snow ski."
It was our first trip ever to Mammoth to snow ski and The Mammoth Inn is located in the heart of the snow skiing. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION ! Being able to walk to the Gondola was the BEST !!! The room had beautiful beds with white clean bedding and it was DELUXE and so comfy. We had a fantastic stay. We ate in the dining room and the food was delicious. We will definitely go back to The Mammoth Mountain in for the convenience and comfort !
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Bonnie
"Perfect location for ski school"
I really enjoyed the Hotel Lobby amenities and look. The rooms need to be updated to be on the same level. The location is perfect for kids in ski school just across the street, the ski valet and shop in the Hotel Lobby is perfect!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
D
"Winter Fun"
I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel to the fullest. The room had an amazing view of the slopes, let lots of light in and was pretty roomy. The food was excellent and the service was amazing!! I was even nursed back to health with great soup and lots of water at the hotel restaurant after a bout with altitude sickness :). I will gladly return and will bring more friends! I also learned to ski, so one of my life's goals was met. I'm so happy!
4 night trip with friends Jan 28, 2015
Lakecha
"An old hotel"
The lobby us nice but the room is very old and it is very expensive . I don't recomend spend money in this place . Mammoth Mountain is a very nice place but this hotel is out .
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Jorge
"great hotel"
The hotel and it's staff was amazing. The shuttle service was great. The location was good and close to the slopes.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
michael
"Great location, but on its way out."
We booked this room because it was in a great location (slopeside) and not much more than a room in town. When we got there, the lobby was nice and clean looking, and the desk clerk was friendly. He gave good directions to our room, which was in a different building and explained the parking, which I would not have figured out myself, since there isn;t much lighting outside and even less signage. The room was fine, just a little old and run down looking. The bed was hard and the pillows soft, the decor very low end generic. It was well stocked and had a flat screen TV, though using the TV was frustrating due to their slow service. There was no internet at all. The real disappointment was the Dry Creek Bar. We went in on Saturday night and it was DEAD, except for a couple of tables. One table was occupied by a family and the mother was talking to a staff member, who I think was a manager. She was very loudly proclaiming what a bunch of jerks all snowboarders are and offering up her opinion about how they ruin the whole experience for everyone. The hotel staffer was just as loudy and forcefully agreeing with her. They are entitled to their opinions, but he was bad-mouthing a big swath of his customer base. We moved seats to get away from them. The other two bartenders, while friendly enough, were slow and clearly didn't care much about being there. We never got water refills and I wasn't able to order a second drink to go with my food. The
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Ryan
"Good food and great staff at the restaurant."
Perfect location - directly across from main lodge. pool and jacuzzi were nice. Staff was great.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Great location and friendly staff"
Only came up for the day but it was a great location and the room was clean and nice. Hotel stall was nice!
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Fantastic Location!!! Top of Mountain!!!"
Every Time I plan a vacation to Mammoth Mountain to enjoy the snow it's a debate to stay in the village or up top at the main lodge. I've always chosen the Mammoth Mountain Inn and never a disappointment. We try to go mid week "less crowd, & better prices". We started off w/ a 2 queen bed room, but when we arrived late & asked if there was anything facing the mountain available? For only $30 extra dollars we were upgraded to a Loft unit. "Amazing". Large front balcony that was steps to the slopes, High ceilings w/ 2 Lrg beds, & only steps away from the Bar! After a long day on the slopes, sauna and pool hit the spot. My only complaint would be that check-out time is at 11:00 am! Sounds kinda early for me, especially since check in is at 4:00 pm. That means you ski for only 2 1/2 hours & stuck to come back to the Hotel to check out. "Big inconvenience for the guest" Check-in & Check-out should be looked at, but besides that it was GREAT! We will be return
Jeremy
"Great for what I paid"
Found mammoth inn online and got a double bed room for $100. Wasn't exactly what I wanted but it got me into a ski in ski out hotel. When I arrived the front desk moved me into a queen bed room. Exactly what I wanted. Thank you. Decent place especially for the money. Only down sides. Upstairs rooms had very loud floors, at times I thought there was a dance hall. Hotel resturant closes between meals. Hotel maids woke me up twice in the morning trying to clean the room.
Dustin
"It was awesome!!!"
It was awesome... staff is great, very friendly. Bartender xhick was great and the Argentinian guy at the front desk was super wonderful. Skiing was great at the resort... we were directly looking at the ski resort. My stay with my boyfriend was totally great.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Best place to stay for skiing"
Perfect place to stay for skiing. I love the convenience and the room and hotel are clean and comfortable.
3 night trip Jan 25, 2015
Janette
"Enjoyed my stay"
Rooms are a little small and you can here movement above you but that is to be somewhat expected from an older hotel. Other than that, the place is amazing and you cannot beat the location. The staff was polite all the way around, from the front desk to rentals. I played in the snow with my 4 year old and then walked right into the lobby and sat by the fire on a comfy couch to warm up.
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
"Very convenient."
Easy ski in and out from main lodge. Downside is that the main lodge is isolated from the Village and other restaurants.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Good Value"
Very convenient. Lovely lobby. Great staff. Furniture in room a little beat up.
3 night trip Jan 19, 2015
Jeffrey
"Prime location!"
Minutes walk from the slopes.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"White Christmas at the mammoth inn"
Great place if you are a skier and only need room for sleep. The overall hotel experience was great but the room itself was fine. The staff service was amazing and the hotel is extremely dog friendly. the room was clean and cozy. There was a machine humming sound all day and night, they gave us ear plugs but it was somewhat annoying. The restaurants and bars were very cool and the main lodge was a great meeting place or just lounge in front of a fire. Happy holidays mammoth, thank you.
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Great getaway"
The views were great. The staff was friendly.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Halie
You can hire your equipment, buy your ski pass in the hotel, across the road from lifts suitable for all abilities and the ski school. A fantastic place to take advantage of Mammoth Mountain.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Chad
"Great location but needs an upgrade."
The location is superb, ski in and ski out, and the staff and main lobby are great. The rooms are noisy (ski boots and thin roofs in rooms) and some are very small and out of date. The first room I asked to be moved from because it was more like a $50 motel room then a $200 resort room. They were able to move me to a better room. I still feel the toiletries, coffee, coffeemaker and other room amenities are more like an inexpensive motel than the resort I was expecting, comparatively speaking, and I travel a lot. Even though the location is great, with the new gondola in the Village, there may be less reason to be right on site at the ski lifts so I think it's even more necessary for the Mammoth Mountain Inn to become more competitive and fix the above problems. Otherwise I really enjoyed my stay. I would only stay there again if they could provide me with a room in the lodge on the second floor, in a newly renovated room, otherwise I would go elsewhere instead.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Janet
"Very close to the slopes."
The hotel was close to the Main Lodge and made the trip much easier allowing our party to come and go as they please without the hassle of driving back to the village to a hotel.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Danielle
"Christmas getaway"
This was a Christmas getaway, myself, spouse and dog. They put us in Yodler House (probably because we had a dog). It was disconnected from the main lobby which was disappointing (it was really cold and snowy). The room was so hot without the room heater being on. You could also hear every noise from every room around you. The staff was fantastic. The restaurant seemed under staffed. Would love to see the entire resort renovated and all sections connected.
3 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Tischa
"Convenient ski in/out from main building"
Really easy ski in and out from the main building but our friends were put into two other buildings further away. Lobby, restaurant, ski rental being in our building was very convenient but our friends had to walk up from theirs. Make sure you ask which you are booked into so you are prepared. Valet and ski shop staff were great.
4 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Sunah
"Close to the slopes"
Very attentive staff, rooms need some improvements, such as electrical outlets to plug in your needs and hooks/hangers to dry out clothing.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Excellent location"
Great view of the mountain, very convenient to the slopes, really nice understated lobby. Employees were very pleasant and very helpful
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Great hotel by lifts"
Stayed for 2 nights and liked the fact that it's right next to the lifts which you can walk to right from your room. Staff was helpful and restaurant and bars right next to you l.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"A Perfect Night on Mammoth Mountain"
The hotel staff was gracious and very professional. The room was comfortable and well appointed.
1 night business trip Oct 25, 2014
"nice but nothing fancy"
Staff was friendly. Hotel was ok. Pool and spa closed at 10 pm a little early but overall nice place
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Joan
"Room was okay"
No hot water for shower in the morning. Otherwise the room was good, location was great.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
"old dump"
not a 3 star, at best maybe a 2 star. Building very old carpets in hall and room very old and dirty. Floor tile in bath cracked in many places. Went to go to sleep and found a large dead moth in the bed. told a portable heater in closet was to be used but it was missing an on and off knob. was told someone would be up but after an hour, called back and was told to use heater on wall which was hidden by a table and 2 chairs. That didn't work either. Never going back, you should check your ratings, very misleading.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
doug
"Our trip to Mammoth"
The hotel lodge, bar & restaurant were great! The staff was very pleasant, Heather & Paula the bartender's were alot of fun. A tour group from France were in the lobby sharing the fireplace and sitting area with us, trying to communicate was hilarious. We would recommend staying here, check for activities on website before you go.
1 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2014
Debbie
"Terrible!!"
Terrible! This ia a ski resort, but they are booked in the summer as well. For starters, the gps doesn't take you to the location. Call ahead and get the exact location first. That was helpful. The rooms are old, small and the bathroom had no towel rack! Tiny bathrooms, air conditioner did not work well so we had to sleep under a box fan! Actually got little sleep. No complimentary coffee in rooms and not even in the lobby. If you want coffee, you have to go to the giftshop store in the lobby and pay $3.50 for a 12 oz cup! This was the worst night of our vacation and I suggest you look around for a different place to stay. Our stay was 9/25/14.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2014
"close to all must-see sights"
ok
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
"Good stop over"
It was good
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"At the base of Mammoth Mountain ski area"
This would be an amazing place to stay in winter if you're a skier. In September it was fun to watch the mountain bikers flying down the mountain from the window of our room. Except for the slow service and the "just ok" food in the hotel restaurant, this is a great place to stay.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014