All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad internet service
"Historic hotel that is outdated."
This hotel is old and featured in a lot of TV shows including the X-Files, but it has not been refurbished since the 1950s, The furniture is original and the chair in my room was very heavily stained. I put a towel on it to sit down. The carpet was also stained. Their is no air conditioning and the temperatures were in the 80s. The window would open, but only about eight inches. There is no ice machine and when you ask for ice the staff will hand you a small ice bucket that is half full. I guess that it was just too much effort to fill it completely. There is no electronic key and they hand you a very large old fashioned key you have to carry around with you. The TV was an old tube TV on a stand that took up a large section of the room. This hotel also demands that you put up a $200 deposit on check in. I have never had any hotel charge me that much for a deposit. Why? Nothing in the room is worth $200. Certainly not all the furniture combined. I came back to my room at 3:30 and it had not been made up. I was given a room on the east side and in the morning my car was eventually blocked in by film crew that was filming a TV episode in a room past the next room. There was around 50 people hanging around until late and they made a lot of noise. Why was I given a room that they knew would be surrounded by these people? Furthermore, the Wifi was extremely poor and spotty and I was only able to connect for a short period of time over my two day stay.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Ryanburg
"Ancient motel with ancient facilities"
This is a very, very old motel built in the 40's! Nothing much has been upgraded since it was built. Don't expect to find air conditioning. Don't expect to even find a ceiling fan! And don't expect to charge your iPad or laptop or cell phone because the electrical outlets are slim to none. In fact, the one table lamp wasn't plugged into anything at all! Why, because there was no outlet anywhere near it! And don't wash your hair before you go to the office and request a hair drier either. If you need a bed to sleep in for a night, OK, but don't expect anything more than that.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"midnight nightmare"
I was charged in June a "book early and save 10%" a total of $93.16. When we arrived a little late due to customs and d baggage and taxi complications we were told our room was gone and we were "no show". Finally, we were given a room and charged $76.51 for the room and $200.00 for a security deposit. Now I am home, and find a pending amount of $184.21 on my VISA card. What is this about? I would prefer the $76.51 for the room, and cancel or refund all the others. We only stayed the one night and did no damage.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Dona Schoenbeck
No room service for our stay of 3 nights they don't provide any room cleaning. Very bad in cleanliness .
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Div
I have many fond memories of staying at the 2400 motel with family over many trips to Canada. Great central location, very affordable, but appears to be getting less hospitable, even the grounds are not taken care of as well as I remember from times past. Although I will return in the future.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Basic Motel"
Most of the reviews I have read about 2400 Motel Ltd complained about this or that but, honestly, the motel is right out of the 1950's or 60's, in fair to decent condition and in an OK location. I didn't expect much and got what I expected. When they occasionally have TV or Movie shoots on site because of the 50's-60's decor, well, guess what! it's authentic!
1 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"Ok for cheep but no thrills or the like"
Basic motel absolutely no luxury basic old rooms coviniently located on kingsway , if you like it somewhat rustic and spartan you will like it but I would recomand spending $20 more for a better place
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

The rooms are small but I wasn't there just to hang out in my room so no problem. The room was clean but carpets are dark and old so I left my shoes on. Wifi worked but was weak at times. Staff is very friendly. Good neighbourhood and easy access to downtown town.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2016
Angela
"Convenient location, but..."
Convenient location, easy check-in and check-out. Room small, bed comfortable. Bathroom okay, shower not overly clean. TV or cable (not sure which) didn't work. Very few electrical outlets.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
SJ
"It's all right."
If you just need a cheap place that's near Vancouver transit, this place is decent enough. While this motel is a big part of Vancouver history and a classic, I can't say I'd recommend it for more than a night or two though, it's very much a no frills type of motel.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"One of the worst motels..."
Canada typically has lower standards of accommodations than other developed countries. After all, jails in Norway seem to provide more comfort than the average motel in Canada. This one was particularly bad, however. First, I had to wait parked in front of lobby because the clerk was gone. When I got to the room, it reeked of cigarette smoke, although it was supposed to be non-smoking. After my shower, I had to go into my truck to get my own towel as whatever was provided was more like tea towels than anything used to dry oneself. Then, the night was a nightmare. The people next door, who appear to have been there on a more permanent basis, spent the whole night screaming, slamming doors, and other similar activities. Every time I fell asleep, I would be woken up in a panic, by insane noise (and I was wearing earplugs). Quite frankly, I have never experienced other people having so much disregard for people next door. When I checked out, clerk had to go check the room for damage before returning my $200 security deposit (on the high side, considering I wouldn't have purchased the room for ownership for that price). So, I sat in chair in the lobby, but was told that I would have to go wait outside...! So, I was essentially kicked out and had to go wait standing outside while he went to check the room. Obviously, I didn't sleep. A complete waste of money. And for those who think coughing up $90 after tax for such a dive is value, they have lost touch with reality.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
Viking
Good motel, very private, friendly staff and inexpensive.
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
Travelled a lot
No air conditional system and smell is bad. No tooth phaste. Wifi was bad too
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"Nothing fancy but it has everything you need."
A little old but very suitable for the price. Everyone was very helpful. Mike, from maintenance, set up a rope I could tie my dog to while I was sitting outside (my dog is very curious and loves to wander).
2 night trip Sep 12, 2015
Cheryl
"Film Hot Spot & Close to Skytrain"
We selected this location because it was a walkable distance to the nearest Skytrain. I love the Motel because of it's frequent use in films and television and its history. The room we got was fine, we weren't expecting a luxury room.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
SPNfan
This hotel is very old and in very poor condition. It does not have air conditioning and is way very uncomfortable to sleep in due to the heat.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Nothing fancy. You get what you pay for."
Over night stay. Not there for long. Travelling by public transit. Didn't want to pay $250 plus taxes elsewhere for maybe a 9 hr stay.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
Harry
"Nothing but problem"
Terrible problem with some of the staf get charged 75$ for returning the key a bit late Ben told by staff at arrival that I was able to sleep in my van because they d'int have room to put a cot bed in the room and been woke up at12:15 and treat me to kick me out of the property if I was not go sleep in the room in a double bed with a male freind
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
serge gelinas
"Why no mosquito screen for windows?"
No air condition, no mosquito screen thus window cannot be opened, free sauna bath!
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
BearBear
"STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!"
The room was so small you almost had to back into the bathroom.No fridge, WiFi was terrible. Very arrogant front desk clerks! Would never recommend this place!
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Bonita
"poor place to stay. No beaches near by."
It was confusing talking with lthe lady on the phone. The lady was a problem dealing with her. the room was too small. the furnishing in the room had vey poor furniture.. the room was very hot. with apoor fan. No aircondtioning.. the bathroom was very small. I WILL NOT GO BACK THERE AGAIN
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
gary
I can't believe how small the bathroom was. the shower as well. you have to stand diagonal to be able to wash your hair. the tiles got so slippery I almost fell and hurt myself. there's no AC and that fan doesn't really help. it was so hot I was uncomfortable. for the little amount we talked to the staff they seemed nice.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
britt
"woeiwiwei"
charming! historic!
4 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Sterling
"Good location near to public transportation"
The washroom is dirty and really stinks. Very slow internet connection.
Other trip May 18, 2015
anne
"Old Motel but very clean."
It was a beautiful day and we had a picnic table to sit on 5 feet from out door. It is old and no updates but very clean and comfortable. Much better than staying in a hotel and a lot less expensive
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Gutes Motel"
The Room is clean. It's quiet and it's easy to go with the Bus to the centre of Vancouver. Only the washroom fan is really noisy, but he dosen't work when the light is out. Für eine Nacht ist das Motel mehr als genügend. Der Badezimmer Ventilator macht enorm lärm, aber der läuft ja nur wenn das Licht brennt.
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2015
Roland
"Not worth more than we paid $72."
Very noisy as on kingsway, bedroom window not secure and drafty so cold in bedroom though heat was up to max when we got in. 1 bed had hairs in the sheets presumably from clean dryer...? Pillows nice. Staff was helpful and organized. Nice Christmas decor outside.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Clean"
We have stayed at this hotel many times over many years so was pleased as usual to find our room, the bedding, the bathroom very clean. It was pretty small but we got what we paid for as there are larger rooms at a slightly higher cost.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"It's a dive"
When I checked in, a sketchy guy was there, asking where I was from. I lied. The desk clerk told him my room number. Later, she said she would alert the security officer as I may have problems later. This is a residential hotel for "hourly" visits too, according to the person in the room next to mine.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
single woman
"Served our purposes"
Staff very helpful and friendly. Affordable rate. Rough neighbourhood, but we just needed a place to crash before our flight out the next day. Some hair in the bed sheets that did not belong to us. Took the bus to they skytrain the next morning to catch our flight and rode the bus with a few shady characters, yelling at each other. It served us well for the purposes of our trip, as most other places were all booked up, but I can't say I would choose to go to this place unless it was a necessity.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Rachel
"In the review it shows as very nice, this is true."
The bed was not a queen as indicated , the carpet was discussing,upon arrival there was a couple cussing, made me want to leave. The bathroom was so small you don't have room to put your stuff, the window opened in the parking lot,so you couldn't open it while showering. I would pay more to stay somewhere else. There were tenants who actually live there. Seems like a low class apartment.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"One night stand"
It was fine for one night. There was no air conditioning so I would not want to stay there if the weather is hot. Very basic but generally clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I did not like the $200.00 damage deposit which is refunded after a couple of days if there is no issue.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Norris
"Great hotel close to everything!"
Excellent. Coffee included. Close to sky train. Went to ball game. Casino. Shopping. Farmers market
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Roberta
Nice and clean motel
9 night trip Jul 18, 2014
therese
It was okay. there was no air conditioning and it was a hot day so better place for another season.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Nice place for cost"
was convient to where we had business..clean enough and walking distance to food and skytrain..would stay there again..Bonus ..many movies have been filmed there..LoL
1 night business trip May 23, 2014
Kerryann McKenzie
"New Beds Please!!"
The staff was friendly & helpful but I think I should have slept on the floor, would have been more comfortable than the bed. Overnight only, if your going to spend some time in your room, a little on the small side.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
"Good room to sleep in"
Functional room, clean, quiet surroundings.
2 night trip May 17, 2014
"Old, and simple, but clean and cheap"
i just needed a bed for the night. someplace clean and safe. someplace easy to get to and from my car. someplace in the middle of vancouver because i had to travel downtown, to children's hospital and also to the north shore.
Other trip May 13, 2014
zero
"Our stay at 2400 Motel"
This was the worst experience. Our toilet leaked which we could handle . It was literally impossible to sleep in our room because of the guests staying in the next room who talked and moved furniture around all night. The windows are single pane so we heard everything perfectly. The night manager tried to stop their noise to no avail on several attempts. Finally we moved to another room at 4 am. I did not sleep at all that night . I was very distressed with the man at the desk in the morning who had no empathy with our situation and ultimately was very rude to us. We checked out and will Never stay there again
2 night business trip May 2, 2014
Denise Kiefer
"good value for location"
Good if you are only looking for a room to sleep for the night. Don't expect anything more. You wouldn't want to stay here if you are travelling with a family. Clean, good parking, good location, good value for the single traveller looking for a bed for the night.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
"Cheap."
It was alright.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Plumbers retreat"
I had planned a weekend away from things such as work and things. The first night I found that the bathroom sink was leaking. Waited till the next morning to have it fixed and ended up showing the repair guy how, and I supplied the part needed.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Nice old fashin place. Could use maintenance"
A very retro old fashion Motel. Squeaky bed and all :)
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
c
"Good nights sleep"
Clean room, bathroom and comfortable bed equals a good nights sleep!
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Good overnight room"
Clean basic room, good location.
2 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"Affordable & very spacious"
The unit was huge, had a full kitchen, a big living room, as well as a good-size bedroom. The check-in experience was somewhat unique in that, for some arcane reason, it took about 20 minutes, by the end of which the clerk noticed that no key to the room he was going to rent me was available, so that if I wanted to leave the room and lock the door I'd have to call him every time I wanted to get back into the room. I just wanted to spend the night there, so I didn't mind all that much. The room was by and large well maintained and clean, with the exception of a previous guest's worn sock lying on the floor, which the cleaning staff had evidently overlooked. Overall, if you're willing to roll with a few unexpected glitches or hiccups, it is still fairly decent value for money.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
It was ok, room is very small and only a small shower. It is so small that you could only stay one night.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
Ann marie
"It was disappointing!"
It is a very worn down place. Everything is old, stained. The whole room smelled of urine.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Marianna
"Good value for money"
Liked the room, very clean bathroom. Dated but a throw back to an earlier time in Vancouver. Made a good place to sleep after spending all day out. Neighbourhood is upgrading with new apartment buildings and stores moving in.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2013