All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
2400 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC, V5R5G9, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.7
"midnight nightmare"
I was charged in June a "book early and save 10%" a total of $93.16. When we arrived a little late due to customs and d baggage and taxi complications we were told our room was gone and we were "no show". Finally, we were given a room and charged $76.51 for the room and $200.00 for a security deposit. Now I am home, and find a pending amount of $184.21 on my VISA card. What is this about? I would prefer the $76.51 for the room, and cancel or refund all the others. We only stayed the one night and did no damage.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Dona Schoenbeck
No room service for our stay of 3 nights they don't provide any room cleaning. Very bad in cleanliness .
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Div
I have many fond memories of staying at the 2400 motel with family over many trips to Canada. Great central location, very affordable, but appears to be getting less hospitable, even the grounds are not taken care of as well as I remember from times past. Although I will return in the future.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Basic Motel"
Most of the reviews I have read about 2400 Motel Ltd complained about this or that but, honestly, the motel is right out of the 1950's or 60's, in fair to decent condition and in an OK location. I didn't expect much and got what I expected. When they occasionally have TV or Movie shoots on site because of the 50's-60's decor, well, guess what! it's authentic!
1 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"Ok for cheep but no thrills or the like"
Basic motel absolutely no luxury basic old rooms coviniently located on kingsway , if you like it somewhat rustic and spartan you will like it but I would recomand spending $20 more for a better place
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013
"Cheap and dirty!"
Felt like the room should be rented hourly... Stay any where else!
1 night trip Aug 4, 2012

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!"
The room was so small you almost had to back into the bathroom.No fridge, WiFi was terrible. Very arrogant front desk clerks! Would never recommend this place!
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Bonita
"woeiwiwei"
charming! historic!
4 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Sterling
"Old Motel but very clean."
It was a beautiful day and we had a picnic table to sit on 5 feet from out door. It is old and no updates but very clean and comfortable. Much better than staying in a hotel and a lot less expensive
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Gutes Motel"
The Room is clean. It's quiet and it's easy to go with the Bus to the centre of Vancouver. Only the washroom fan is really noisy, but he dosen't work when the light is out. Für eine Nacht ist das Motel mehr als genügend. Der Badezimmer Ventilator macht enorm lärm, aber der läuft ja nur wenn das Licht brennt.
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2015
Roland
"Not worth more than we paid $72."
Very noisy as on kingsway, bedroom window not secure and drafty so cold in bedroom though heat was up to max when we got in. 1 bed had hairs in the sheets presumably from clean dryer...? Pillows nice. Staff was helpful and organized. Nice Christmas decor outside.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Clean"
We have stayed at this hotel many times over many years so was pleased as usual to find our room, the bedding, the bathroom very clean. It was pretty small but we got what we paid for as there are larger rooms at a slightly higher cost.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"It's a dive"
When I checked in, a sketchy guy was there, asking where I was from. I lied. The desk clerk told him my room number. Later, she said she would alert the security officer as I may have problems later. This is a residential hotel for "hourly" visits too, according to the person in the room next to mine.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
single woman
"Served our purposes"
Staff very helpful and friendly. Affordable rate. Rough neighbourhood, but we just needed a place to crash before our flight out the next day. Some hair in the bed sheets that did not belong to us. Took the bus to they skytrain the next morning to catch our flight and rode the bus with a few shady characters, yelling at each other. It served us well for the purposes of our trip, as most other places were all booked up, but I can't say I would choose to go to this place unless it was a necessity.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Rachel
"In the review it shows as very nice, this is true."
The bed was not a queen as indicated , the carpet was discussing,upon arrival there was a couple cussing, made me want to leave. The bathroom was so small you don't have room to put your stuff, the window opened in the parking lot,so you couldn't open it while showering. I would pay more to stay somewhere else. There were tenants who actually live there. Seems like a low class apartment.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"One night stand"
It was fine for one night. There was no air conditioning so I would not want to stay there if the weather is hot. Very basic but generally clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I did not like the $200.00 damage deposit which is refunded after a couple of days if there is no issue.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Norris
"Great hotel close to everything!"
Excellent. Coffee included. Close to sky train. Went to ball game. Casino. Shopping. Farmers market
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Roberta
Nice and clean motel
9 night trip Jul 18, 2014
therese
It was okay. there was no air conditioning and it was a hot day so better place for another season.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Nice place for cost"
was convient to where we had business..clean enough and walking distance to food and skytrain..would stay there again..Bonus ..many movies have been filmed there..LoL
1 night business trip May 23, 2014
Kerryann McKenzie
"New Beds Please!!"
The staff was friendly & helpful but I think I should have slept on the floor, would have been more comfortable than the bed. Overnight only, if your going to spend some time in your room, a little on the small side.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
"Good room to sleep in"
Functional room, clean, quiet surroundings.
2 night trip May 17, 2014
"Old, and simple, but clean and cheap"
i just needed a bed for the night. someplace clean and safe. someplace easy to get to and from my car. someplace in the middle of vancouver because i had to travel downtown, to children's hospital and also to the north shore.
Other trip May 13, 2014
zero
"Our stay at 2400 Motel"
This was the worst experience. Our toilet leaked which we could handle . It was literally impossible to sleep in our room because of the guests staying in the next room who talked and moved furniture around all night. The windows are single pane so we heard everything perfectly. The night manager tried to stop their noise to no avail on several attempts. Finally we moved to another room at 4 am. I did not sleep at all that night . I was very distressed with the man at the desk in the morning who had no empathy with our situation and ultimately was very rude to us. We checked out and will Never stay there again
2 night business trip May 2, 2014
Denise Kiefer
"good value for location"
Good if you are only looking for a room to sleep for the night. Don't expect anything more. You wouldn't want to stay here if you are travelling with a family. Clean, good parking, good location, good value for the single traveller looking for a bed for the night.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
"Cheap."
It was alright.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Plumbers retreat"
I had planned a weekend away from things such as work and things. The first night I found that the bathroom sink was leaking. Waited till the next morning to have it fixed and ended up showing the repair guy how, and I supplied the part needed.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Nice old fashin place. Could use maintenance"
A very retro old fashion Motel. Squeaky bed and all :)
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
c
"Good nights sleep"
Clean room, bathroom and comfortable bed equals a good nights sleep!
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Good overnight room"
Clean basic room, good location.
2 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"Affordable & very spacious"
The unit was huge, had a full kitchen, a big living room, as well as a good-size bedroom. The check-in experience was somewhat unique in that, for some arcane reason, it took about 20 minutes, by the end of which the clerk noticed that no key to the room he was going to rent me was available, so that if I wanted to leave the room and lock the door I'd have to call him every time I wanted to get back into the room. I just wanted to spend the night there, so I didn't mind all that much. The room was by and large well maintained and clean, with the exception of a previous guest's worn sock lying on the floor, which the cleaning staff had evidently overlooked. Overall, if you're willing to roll with a few unexpected glitches or hiccups, it is still fairly decent value for money.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
It was ok, room is very small and only a small shower. It is so small that you could only stay one night.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
Ann marie
"It was disappointing!"
It is a very worn down place. Everything is old, stained. The whole room smelled of urine.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Marianna
"Good value for money"
Liked the room, very clean bathroom. Dated but a throw back to an earlier time in Vancouver. Made a good place to sleep after spending all day out. Neighbourhood is upgrading with new apartment buildings and stores moving in.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"hotel location"
staff members were great awesome location. Room was not air conditioned. And bathroom was really small. We were only there one night but if it was two the size and comfort would be an issue also we were lucky it wasn't too hot out.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
JR
"2 1/2 - 5"
No airmovement in the rooms its brutal overall yiu get what you pay for
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"2400 is Very Pet Friendly"
While it may be older and minimally equipped it is remarkable that this motel continues to operate. It feels like a piece of Vancouver history. The site is huge and there must be many developers with their eye on this property. It is a great pet-friendly motel, you just step out of the hotel and walking the grounds is a pleasure. You can walk to a nearby liquor store and there 's a nearby Chinese restaurant. Free parking and no extra charge for the pet makes it even better value. Staff are also very friendly.
Other trip Jan 18, 2013
"Great one night concert crash"
For the price I really enjoyed this hotel had some grass you can chill out on in front of you room Picnic tables to have a snack or lunch at. The location I found great a short walk to the skytrain and not a creepy area. Standard room was small but for a one night concert crash perfect and the family suite looked spacouse across the way.
Other trip Aug 31, 2012

"Dårlig oplevelse"
Der var intet værelse til os da vi kom til hotellet efter 16 timers rejse og en datter på der var meget træt og ked af det. Ingen hjælp fra hotellet der bare fortalte at de ikke havde det bookede værelse.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
glennie
DK
"Ensemble très moyen"
Accueil pas fameux avec tentative de remise en cause du tarif hôtels.com: on a on a tenté de nous facturer un supplément kitchenette ..kitchennette vétuste , vaisselle incomplète, 2 des 4 plaques électriques en panne.Evitez les bungalows côté Kingsway plutôt bruyants.WIFI fonctionne a la réception pas dans le bungalow. TV ,Sallanches d'eau,lit : OK. Bien situé pour aller en métro dans le centre
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Gerard
FR
"Ikke anbefalt."
Leide et rom for en person, 2 netter. Fuktskader. Vond lukt. Måtte ha åpent vindu hele natten. Ca 15 minutters gange til jernbanestasjonen.
4 night business trip May 2, 2014
2 night trip Sep 22, 2014
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2013
Ivo
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
BR

TripAdvisor reviews for 2400 Motel Ltd.

"$200"
08/01/15 Dani M Salt Lake City, Utah
First. Don't ever stay here. Second, they make you put a $200 deposit on top of your overpriced motel room. Third, we got kicked out and yelled at for having a dog at a pet friendly motel. They had the worse customer service I've ever dealt with and I would recommend to NEVER stay at this place.
"Underage hookers!"
06/28/15 BTam1
We have stayed at the 2400 four times now.....first time was great, no problems. Second time the room appeared immaculate but a used condom in the bathroom garbage....we requested a room change which was done immediately, staff were accommodating but no monetary refund for the inconvenience. Third time...no problem. The fourth time just a couple weeks ago was the worst! We had our 14 year old daughter with us this time so had a 2 room unit. The room was clean and the check in went smoothly. The first night an Asian couple were beside us...no problems. The second night the same Asian man (mid 40's or so) was still there but no wife....around midnight a "drop off" occurred which we assumed to be a drug drop but by 7 am we concluded it was not just that....there were three hookers (2 definite underage) in this room....the group of them had partied all night. By 7 we were concerned for the safety and well being of these women as there was a horrendous amount of screaming....I mean screaming! We went to the front desk and made a complaint when we checked out....the female working couldn't have cared less only stating "there's supposed to be someone that walks around at night" and "we have strict policy against this". My husband and I both told thus girl several times that the RCMP needed to be called as there were safety concerns at this point. It was evident that she was going to do nothing so we called ourselves....we were not allowed to leave until the RCMP had the man in cuffs...they arrived on scene within three minutes with 8 officers, 2 plain clothes....they surrounded the door, guns drawn, and had the Asian man in cuffs in seconds. The officers thanked us for calling it in "especially because the girls were so young and it was obviously a violent scene". On the plus side....no rodent problems that I have ever seen, no bedbugs, cheap.
"Great overall"
06/10/15 ihatemath
I checked in on May 26th. I lived in a smoking allowed room, which is the most important thing to me, and the reception is great. The reason I give it 3 stars is because they don't have an air conditioner in the room, which bothers me a lot, especially in summer time, but there is a fan. I'd like to say it's okay, but a AC would be much better. Other than that, it's totally fine. In conclusion, PLEASE INSTALL AN AIR CONDITIONER IN EACH ROOM.
"A Classic"
06/07/15 crabapple1 Kitwanga
The front desk clerk, was very friendly and helpful person who checked us in. Took us to two units to see if they would suit us and we chose one with a kitchen, bathroom, separate bedroom with two twins in the front room. No AC but two fans which worked quite well to keep us cool. An old place but clean and quiet. (Room 134). We stayed four nights and it was very restful. Shoppers and Fruit place within a 3 minute walk which had all you need. Safeway not far away either. Cable TV and even though it was an older one, worked just fine. Could do with some updated silverware, a few more pans, and a more consistent internet, faster too, but can't say that is too important. No bugs! All in all we enjoyed our stay. Would definitely stay again. Close to Metrotown for shopping. TOPS restaurant near. Walk out of the back and into Church's Chicken which was good too. Taxi ride to St Paul's Hospital on Burrard was a mere $20.00! You pay 55 cents for local calls. They ask for a $200.00 deposit which is returned to you when checking out. Can't beat the price and convenience. If you are not from the 60's you might not enjoy it as much as we did. Office wall has signed photo's of actors. This motel is the one in the series Base Line Motel.
"Yikes"
09/14/14 restaurantress01
We stayed here for about a week and we shared our room with an unwanted guest; A MOUSE!!! I reported it to the desk and they didn't do a whole lot about it. I saw him running around several times. Not really worth $100.00 a night!
"Cheap and easy"
07/22/14 Sam C Vancouver, Canada
I came here twice in the last month. The rooms are cheap at $96 a night, but the bigger rooms (that come with a kitchenette) are $145/night, and there are many other places to be had for $145 a night. There are holes in the blankets, but the beds otherwise seem clean and relatively comfortable. The bathroom's relatively clean and so is the kitchen. The TV didn't work at all, even after I plugged it in it wouldn't turn on. Not all the electrical outlets worked. There was no hairdryer. I like the individual little houses though, it feels more private and almost like I'm living in a house versus in a building of units. The staff are kind of strange. One of the ladies when I checked out seemed kind of sketchy - she told me that when I checked in the clerk hadn't "taken enough money" and so I owed them $30. The other thing was when she gave me back my $200 security deposit I counted it twice and was staring at it before she said "oh!" and gave me a $20 US bill that had somehow gotten stuck in her envelope? Green money in a white envelope... kind of hard to miss that. Maybe I just look like someone who doesn't count my cash...
"ABSOLUTELY REVOLTING. DO NOT RECOMMEND!"
05/02/14 mjdurston Hamilton, Canada
You have to understand first that from a tourist perspective and travelling from another province we had high expectations, but this motel went above and beyond to shatter even the lowest of standards. Absolutely despicable. For the price you pay, it is not worth the visit. Sure it's cheap, but guess what, YOU CAN TELL. We stayed for 2 months, within the first 48 Hours our toilet clogged, we were forced to use a key to a separate room across the lot for when we needed to use the washroom until they had someone check it in the morning. The next day, we were forced to move to another room. Which, within 2 hours, the toilet clogged and yet again we were forced to move, all over again which for three people who just packed to move across the country plus two animals - it is not easy to transfer rooms constantly. You pay for free wifi, except they don't tell you that everyone in the entire lot is using the same router. Slowing down the connection (if you get one) and making it impossible to use. In one of the many rooms we stayed in, (we stayed in a total of 5) we had absolutely no internet connection, and had to call the tech guys except they only work midnights so it was 24 hours before they finally made efforts to correct it. Except what they did, did not help at all. Turns out you don't want to be anywhere near 258 if you're looking for a halfway decent signal. We also had issues with housekeeping, we were paying a lot of money to stay for the first month, we were paying for housekeeping which we did not receive until the end of the month when we demanded for compensation, which then they surprisingly started showing up at our door everyday. They are supposed to come by everyday, and on Thursday you get a "Full Clean" depending on which employee, this full clean is actually just a quick vacuum and a change in toilet paper rolls. The employees are rude, unaccommodating, and have a severe lack of knowledge.We had one employee specifically demand that one of our relatives stop calling, stating that we reached our maximum for long-distance calling (there is no maximum according to the manager). This same employee came to our door in the middle of the night to demand that we have this relative stop calling all over again, she left in the middle of the conversation without even the slightest show of some sort of courtesy. This relative was calling to try and inform us of an emergency back home and was denied a transfer to our room, on top of that, they did not explain to her as to why she was being denied this phone call. We had another employee photographing our cat from in our window and chasing us down to show us these pictures. Our cat went missing while staying at this hotel, nearing the end of our stay. No sign whatsoever of him. Coincidence? One of the last rooms we were placed in after finding out our previous one had been given away, had a mini-fridge that froze all of our food. A stove from the 1950's that didn't state temperatures and just had little black nicks so you knew where the "off" option was. It was that or hotplates and we were paying for a full kitchenette. This has been nonstop turmoil. We moved a total of 4 times, living in 5 separate rooms, constant plumbing issues, with one of the toilets running over and over and over and over and over (you get the point) throughout the day/night. Ants were a constant, on the walls, on the floors, in the bedroom or in the kitchen. They were everywhere. We had 7 blacktraps just in one room, but all of the rooms have them because of their rodent problem. This is just cruel and unusual punishment, a lot of our sheets were crusted, yellow, with lipstick or nailpolish (Come on, they were white sheets did you think we wouldn't notice?) It reminded me of that song, "dirty deeds done real cheap" as you watched prostitutes leaving some of the smaller rooms with their gentleman counterparts. For a "family establishment", there are a few too many screws loose if you know what I mean. Go to any other motel, I'm begging you. Absolute nightmare, I wish I could give a rating less than 1-star but TripAdvisor has a generous heart I suppose.
"Great location, good price"
10/14/13 Clayton P Timmins, Canada
The motel is located in South Vancouver with all kinds of good restaurants nearby. The price is considerably lower than nearby places. On the negative side, the place needs updating as the TV was old and the volume didn't work on the remote, and there weren't enough outlets in the walls.
"Bad"
10/02/13 Laura M Ucluelet, Canada
One night stay and the worst place ever...The T.V. did not work, no soap, only had a hand towel and face cloth, when I called the front desk to get these items the person was rude and I was told to talk to the manager. The place smelled like deodorizer. My wife & I are accommodation providers in Ucluelet and we would never ever consider offering anything like this!!!
"Nightmare"
04/21/13 Calgarian3 Calgary, Canada
Stayed one night. You could not watch tv as it was so old you couldn't see picture. Toilet would not flush. Employees were rude. They give you you no coffee or anything for the high price you pay Worst we have ever stayed in