All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
109 W. 45TH ST., New York, NY, 10036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Would Stay Again"
I would stay again. Air was a small unit and took awhile to cool the room. Close to Time Square for walking distance.
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
Virginia
"June Visit"
The front desk staffers were excellent & very helpful! The location is great for getting to the subway and restaurants. Had a great trip......
4 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Bare Bones Hotel but clean"
I only stayed one night- the staff is very friendly. This is a bare bones hotel, however, there wasn't even a clock in the room, but they did provide wake up call service.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Good value theatre district hotel."
Nice quiet hotel in the middle of Times Square. Convenient to theaters and good restaurants.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Not clean"
Front desk staffs are very nice! But the room is not clean enough, there was bunch of hair in bathroom's sink and even in the towls!!! AC was really loud in the room! Only thing good about this hotel is in the middle of the timesqure. Not worth the price I paid.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
mengmeng
"A little HOT but Great Hotel!!"
FYI. In the winter, the furnace will run you out of the room. We slept on 12th floor with the window open while it was snowing to cool the room off. There was no way to turn down the furnace. Very comfortable and clean room though. Other than that it is perfectly located, friendly staff and great value for the location. A minutes walk from Time Square. Awesome!
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
Kimberly
"worst ever!!!!"
More of a motel feel. Cheap. We had a window air conditioner that made a load noise the entire time we stayed there. Made a complaint to the desk and nothing was done... no one came up. They did not answer the desk phone when I called. Thus is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in... the whole entire country. Do not stay there.
2 night romance trip May 26, 2015
We were really pleased with the St James the price was great and perfect Times Square location walking distance to all shows and restaurants. Room was clean and quiet. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful we've stayed here before and we'll stay here again
Other trip May 30, 2015
TL
"Superb Location!"
This older midtown Manhattan hotel is a mere 1/2 block from Times Square! There are several other hotels in the area that close but at twice the price! Other major attractions are within a comfortable walk; Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, The Fairmont Plaza, MOMA, Central Park, The UN etc., etc. It's location for the price just can't be beaten and it's subway-close. However, there are two major annoyances. The rooms are not air conditioned which will be an issue in the high -humidity summer month. And, due to single pane windows, the rooms suffer from street noise. If can work around those, the St. James is a winner.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Great little hotel."
small room and bathroom but adequate. the only "bad" thing was the water pressure in the shower- not the best. I would definately recommend this hotel.
3 night family trip May 22, 2015
patricia
"Convenient and close to the action"
The hotel was just a short walk to a convention I attended on Broadway. I liked the neighborhood with a great deli next door (Cafe Cranberry) and the energy on the street was very positive and lively. Although the staff (e.g., Desk clerk, Joey) were great, the hotel was rather lack luster and a bit run down. When I asked about the exercise room, Joey smiled saying they didn't have one but there was always the stairs. It was not a bad idea and between the stairs and the walking around outside (e.g., from and to Penn Station and the conference), there was plenty of opportunity to get exercise and enjoy the sights. I would probably stay here again, realizing that it does have limitations but was rather convenient and close to where I would like to be.
Other trip May 27, 2015
On the go
"Budget hotel which is very nice"
The location is great for Broadway and Times Square. The man at the desk was most helpful and chatty, and there were no problems at all.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Nice staff, but otherwise disappointing"
Pleasant hotel staff, but the room was pretty shabby, with a dirty carpet, broken down mattress, and one of the lamps missing the switch to turn it on. Also, no alarm clock and the TV signal was lousy.
1 night business trip May 22, 2015
Brant
Great Location, Good Customer service, Bad Internet you have to go to the lobby to get wifi. Very hard to park.
4 night family trip May 19, 2015
Jose Gustavo
"First and last time.."
This hotel is a dive. The bed was rock hard and the carpet was disgusting, it did appear that the bathroom had been remodeled so that was a plus. The blinds on the window didn't cover it completely so there was a foot long gap of open window in the bedroom which is just weird and uncomfortable. Then there was a window in the bathroom in the shower area with no covering, just clear glass. There were loud people coming in at 2am that woke me up. Next time I will shell out the cash like I usually do and stay at a nicer hotel.
1 night trip May 13, 2015
Amber
Air conditioner was very noisey. Otherwise room was a good size and was always neat and clean. We would stay here again.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Would definitely stay again!"
This hotel is in the perfect location to be able to walk to so many attractions in New York. Generous size room allowed 4 of us to comfortably share one room. Not fancy, swanky rooms but roomy, clean comfortable rooms for a decent price compared to everything else in this location.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Lois
"Not great for business, ok for personal use."
I stayed here one night for business. It was a hotel I found a deal on that was $200 cheaper for the night than everywhere else in the area, so I booked it. If it were not for the fact I had a business meeting the next morning, all issues I had would have been irrelevant. The window air-conditioning unit helped keep the temperature down, but it was humid in the room (11th floor) which left me feeling sweaty right after a shower. It also caused my hair to curl big time, which is not a good look on me. I had an out of town cell provider and could not get a signal for calls or data. The wi-fi was sporadic at best. Simply due to the fact I was trying to get work done while there and not able to, that was why I had a somewhat negative experience. If I had been traveling for personal reasons, I would not have minded any of these issues at all since the room would have met my needs for everything else.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Great stripped down cheap place to stay!"
Great location. Very Clean. Not alot of amenities...had to ask for air conditioner to be put in the room but staff was VERY accomodating. If you just need a cheap place to sleep with a great location this is the place for you.
5 night trip with friends May 14, 2015
"Economy Hotel on Times Square"
The hotel is 1/2 block from the heart of Times Square which makes site seeing SUPER easy! The staff are super helpful and accommodating. However there's little difference between the floor and the bed. There's no A/C and the room wasn't in bad shape, but I wouldn't let my home get to the same state. Bottom line, would I stay again? "Yes", if the price was right and there was NO need for A/C, and I mean not one single day/night. But if this hotel weren't located where it is, you and I both would be better served elsewhere.
Other trip May 20, 2015
"No hot water"
No hot water in the shower for 4 days
3 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Bonnie
"Pleasant for a low New York price"
We wanted a central location reasonably priced and this hotel filled the bill. Close subway access is a plus. 45th street was not the cleanest street around due to the many food joints and being a block off Times Square. There was no air conditioning when we were there but did not need it May 9-13. We did have to open a window. If you like the hustle and bustle of Times Square this is a good choice. Just realize it is an old hotel. Hotel service was very adequate. Probably would stay here again.
4 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Dale
"I would not go back!"
Hotel was very clean and the staff helpful. The bathroom was small with no vanity, which I hate. The room had only 1 trash basket, it was in the bathroom. Sounds picky, but for $300 a night I expect a vanity.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Great value for the price we paid"
We had a great stay for only one night. The hotel is situated very nicely close to Times Square. The hotel did its job. We just came in late, slept, and checked out the next morning. I liked the lockers where we could put our luggage after we checked out.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Magmus
"Location, location, location....and price!"
I've stayed at Hotel St. James three times in the past 15 years. For the price and the location, you can't beat it. It's not luxurious by any means, but a clean bed and bathroom are all that's necessary in the city that doesn't sleep. And a working elevator!
4 night romance trip May 12, 2015
LUCY
"Close to everything"
Looks like they are starting a major remodeling. Noisy if you are facing 45th ST. Clean & good price .
Other trip May 17, 2015
"great location"
We had a g good experience at the ST James. The food next door was great and a wide selection.
Other trip May 16, 2015
marlee
"Mattress and room very uncomfortable"
Do not recommend
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
"Great nest"
We were very pleased and the desk staff were cheerful and helpful. Will stay here for my next stay in NYC.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"NYC"
Value and location
2 night romance trip May 7, 2015
bret
"Location, Location, Location"
This is an older hotel, the bathrooms don't have fans, no ice maker, elevators breakdown. GREAT location, everything is clean, great staff. I will try to stay there every time I go to New York City.
3 night business trip May 4, 2015
"Reasonable Hotel near Times Square."
I stayed at the hotel for one night, to be close to Times Square. Joey at the front desk was friendly and responsive to my requests. The hotel lobby and reading room is charming. There are lockers for 24-hour rentals ($5) that I used to leave my big suitcase after my stay ended. There is a great deli two doors away! If your goal is to be near Times Square, the Hotel St. James fits the bill at a reasonable price. There were several European guests at the hotel during my brief stay; they seemed pleased with their accomodations. So was I.
1 night trip May 6, 2015
Jud
"Nice hotel in Times Square"
Hotel staff were all very nice and helpful. The room was clean but smaller than we were expecting but not a problem if you don't plan to spend much time in the room.
Other trip May 7, 2015
"No hot water!!!"
The hotel had no safe or fridge, but I could live without those. The main reason for my low ratings was no hot water. When we complained all we were told was to let the water run. Yeah 15 minutes later still ice cold. It was awful trying to take a comfortable shower here.
3 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Ok for a night or 2"
Hotel was charming and in a great location. Hotel staff was friendly. Room was very clean. The Bathroom was very small. An average size person can fit in there. A larger than average person will have a difficult time. The temperature of the room cannot be regulated which means you have to open the window as the room gets hot. Opening the window means you have a lot of street noise. Recommend bringing ear plugs for sure. The mattress is very firm - too firm for me but if you are someone who likes really hard mattresses, you will be fine. Overall it was fine for a night or two.
Other trip May 6, 2015
"The hotel served it's purpose and was convenient"
The hotel served it's purpose and the location was perfect. The hotel staff were excellent, especially the gentleman working the front desk!! We were disappointed when we entered the room and it was so hot, then to be told there was no air conditioner and we needed to open the windows! We had two rooms, one was street side and the other was brick building with no view. We managed ok with opening the windows in the brick building view , however, could not keep the street side windows opened due to all the noise. Therefore those of us that were in the street side room were ready to get home due to not sleeping well due to the hot room and the noise - even with the windows shut.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Robin
"Great location, under renovation."
Excellent location, neat old hotel.... However, currently undergoing a renovation. If you stay here, do so because of the proximity to everything NY, not to hang out at the hotel.
1 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
"Great location near Times Square"
The hotel was in a great location. No frills but did not spend much time in the room. Would stay here again if in the area.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Ok for price"
Bare bones room... lots of hallway noise
5 night trip Apr 27, 2015
"Good location, felt safe."
Hotel room was stuffy, small, but clean No ac (broken due to repairs) when asked about a fan they told us to open a window. Windows had no screens and the view was unpleasant. Beds were not comfortable (desperately in need of updated beds) No microwave, or fridge. Nightly fee was expensive for lack of amenities. Location for our needs was great most within walking distance if you're a walker. Staff friendly and helpful.
Other trip May 2, 2015
Sue
"NYC"
Good location Room is adequate as a home base
1 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
You could not ask for a better location for the Price if you want to be near Times Square and Broadway. The staff was super friendly. We had a great experience.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Jeff Anderson
"Wonderful"
There is wonderful reception guy Joe- he should make his own show on Broadway!:) Fantastic, bright, very friendly person, who makes to feel so happy! :) I would return to this hotel to meet him again. I think that everyone knows Joe, if they were in St. James hotel.:) He is the soul of this place. :)
2 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
Katrina
Staff friendly and efficient. However, concierge could not find MOMA on map and sent us in wrong direction. Tattered carpet in room disgraceful. Noise from adjoining room (occupants unknown to us and doors between rooms locked) after midnight awakened us two consecutive nights.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Bonnie
"Times Square Find"
Hotel was very convenient. Room was clean. Could do with some updating, but a very good value for the neighborhood.
1 night trip with friends Apr 21, 2015
"bad hotel, don't stay"
Bad hotel. No coffee machine. Old hotel.
2 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
Hiten
"Comfortable & clean right in Times Square"
This hotel was great value for the price. Less than 12 months ago I stayed in another hotel and there was barely 1 yard either side of the bed, the room was so tiny. This room was spacious, clean & comfortable. We had a babysitter come and stay with my daughter and they had had ample room. We had a room with 2 queen beds, and there was a small table & 2 chairs also.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Short and fun stay"
When staying here, keep in mind, you are paying a low price for the LOCATION. While the accommodations are not luxurious, you are mere feet from time square, dozens of theaters, and all the Manhattan has to offer. You could stay at a more luxurious and similarly priced hotel outside of the city, and end up spending hours on public transportation wasting time and energy. Good hotel for a short, fun, vacation or get away.
1 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
"Great location at a good price."
Booked last minute and was not disappointed. From check-in to an extended check-out (at no extra charge) this experience was great. Excellent location, helpful & friendly staff. Room was clean and spacious. Airport shuttle arranged by the hotel was great value for money & inexpensive.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Phillip
Location is a 1/2 block from Times Square....perfect for walking all over the area. The price was very reasonable and our room was quiet.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015