All hotels in South Padre Island, Texas, United States of America
7000 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX, 78597, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Bad pool
    Bad internet service
"Weekend break"
Parking onsite could be better but over all experience was great. The beds were comfortable, having beach access was nice.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Would stay here again!
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"We be back just not to this hotel."
It's in the details. No soaps or stocked bathroom. A television that didn't work. Bar & Grill table service non-existent. So all you have is a wonderful beach, and a client who will choose a different hotel next time we go to South Padre Island.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Orlando
"Padre Vacation"
Parking is terrible. Check out should be 12 considering we couldn't check in till 4. Room was nice but small.
5 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Its nice place for a get a way
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Pet friendly and close to beach"
A good hotel but broken smoke detector in my room and crowded for a middle of the week stay. Its nice that its pet friendly yet it didn't smell like it. Caters to lots of families, the pool is open 'til 11 pm. The Beach Cafe wasn't very good and they only have one bathroom near poolside.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
If was terrible, there was some type of music concert going on next door and we checked we were not informed, the music was so loud we couldn't sleep until it stop around 2.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Fantastic weekend getaway!"
The room was spacious and clean, they gave us rooms next door to one another and towel service was fast. The pool was nice and the restaurant/bar next door to the hotel had great food and music. Access to the beach was awesome! There was plenty of fun for my entire family and the hotel was located in an area where you could walk the strip to site see etc. We will most definitely be staying here again.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Bridgett
"Hotel was average but excellent beach access."
The hotel elevators were scary and slow. The hallways and elevators were not air conditioned. The room was ok. Bed very uncomfortable and sheets\blankets were itchy. Bathroom was not super clean. However, the beach access was great and the room size was big. We went for the beach so the beach access was the most important thing to us. You can rent two chairs and an umbrella on the beach for $25 from 10-6. Hotel grill by the pool had good food.
3 night trip with friends Aug 11, 2015
Rachel
"I'm booking here next time I come back."
I would definitely book this hotel again.
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Roberto
"Not bad"
Good customer service good brake fast Air condition too noicey
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Zachariah
"Nice hotel, but elevators suck !"
Room very clean, awsome breakfast, the need new elevators. Elevators were ver slow and creepy
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Overall everything was good. I definitely go back.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Very nice hotel, like that it's close to the beach"
It's our first time in south padre, I'm glad that we stayed at this hotel, it's so convinient and the staff are all friendly, we really enjoyed our stay if we go back we will stay in same hotel again.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Family Vacation"
My family enjoyed our stay!! Hotel, service, food and beach were great!! Less than a 5 minute walk to the beach. Wish they served food for kids at there grill and cafe but still had a wonderful time.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
"Expected more"
For the price that is charged, you would think that the hotel is upgraded and etc. great advantage of being right off the beach. But the parking was sketchy, the rooms had all old fans, TV wasn't working when we arrived. A/c isn't central, it's one of this air conditioners right under the window, like in a motel etc. Maintenance had to come out at 1 in the morning to fix. No availability of pull out beds, but the sofa bed is really a leather love seat that folds backwards. Great complimentary breakfast! If I had to, I would stay here again. Otherwise I will check other hotels out in the island with better upgrades and same access to the beach.
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Very Satisfied!!!"
All was great...very much enjoyed the location that allowed us to walk directly out to the beach, so convenient!!!Hats off to the staff they were very diligent in keeping the facilities presentable despite such high traffic non stop of visitors coming and going to the beach leaving trails of water and sand. Every staff member was very friendly and they were everywhere!!! Only complaint was the unpredictable water pressure but with so many guest I'm not surprised.
3 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Denise
"Great hotel right off the beach."
Had a great stay there and would definitely recommend it ... Clean and everyone was polite.. Right off the beach .. Great stay and very family friendly ..
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Service is bad
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
"Overall Very Disappointing!!!!!"
I love the Hotel and the Location (so close to the beach). However, as a couple paying $250 per night, we thought that this hotel would have a higher class of people!!!! But we discovered that each room could have as many person in the room as they liked for no extra charge!!!! So rooms had as many as 2-3 families per room. So the cost per family would only be $80 a night or about the same as Model 6!!!! We saw groups bringing in sleeping bags for all the children. The Free Breakfast and Swimming Pool areas were very crowded with very rude and entitled people!!! Adults and children were yelling down the halls, claiming they area of the pool and not letting us come down the steps like we were intruding on they pre-claimed territory, cutting in line for Breakfast, children were darting around in between people to grab their food and the help wasn't able to keep up with how messy the people were with the food and tables!!! It was unbelievable and Overall Very Disappointing!!!!!
2 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Dianne Faye
A couple of roaches in the bathroom. Excellent continental breakfast. Great location.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Family vacation"
Hotel was full, I understand this but when we asked for towels they did not have them ready. Also I do understand security in necessary, and I appreciate it, but my mother was staying at another hotel and had to use our room to freshen up from beach, and security gave us a hard time. Even though it was only going to take a few minutes. Overall our stay was good, and beach access, and Claytons bar was less than a minute walking distance BIG PLUS
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Reginaldo
"Nice hotel with access to the beach."
No good restaurants around, but access to public transportation. Right in front of Turtle center and Birds Center. The beach was so crowded.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Good experience ! Quick and easy check in and check out. I wished I could have stayed longer.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Had a blast but walls are paper thin, could hear people from above us and below us 24/7
3 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
"live entertainment next door"
All was good..but everything closes at 10 or 11.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Check in later than most hotels but the overall experience was really good. Great location on the beach.
2 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
"Beach time"
The room is nice but the walls are thin. Showers/ bathroom in next room were on and off until past 2:30am and were very loud. Breakfast was great. Lots of options. Location is great!
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
ROSA
"Under average"
I booked this hotel because of its pricing. You get what you pay. The hotel is outdated, carpet on each floor is super dirty. I did not feel comfoetable walking barefoot on it. Room was okay, but they need serious upgrades. It had a small refrigerator and microwave. The view was okay. I had a hard time opening the balcony door. Wifi was poor. Breakfast was horrible. I only ate on the first day and went next door to the Hilton for my Starbucks every day after that. Breakfast seemed as if it was just thrown there and not at all tasty. Coffee was bland. Dining area seemed like a school's cafeteria with ugly tables. I would not go back to that particular hotel.
3 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"POOR"
I did not like it at all. Service was poor.
3 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Fantastic stay and great swimming!"
This was our second time here, but this time with an AARP discount, we sprung for one of the balcony rooms facing the beach. 4th floor. Was AWESOMENESS! The hotel is right on the beach. Room was spacious and clean and very classy. The hot breakfast is very good, they even have an omelet station and Texas shaped waffles. The towels are nice and soft and the bathroom nice. We ate next door at Claytons for lunch one day and it was pretty tasty. We also love that you can pay $25 and get two chaise lounges and an umbrella from about 10am-6pm. But get out there early in the busy season, they go fairly fast. You can leave a towel on the lounge when you need to take a break and they'll keep it for you till you get back. The beach is perfect for swimming too!
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Affordable and nice hotel right on beach!"
This SPI LaQuinta is one of several hotels as well as condos that we have stayed at on South Padre Island. Right on the beach & next to the Hilton Garden Hotel & Clayton's Beach Bar & Grill for the convenience of food, drinks & music as well. LaQuinta's staff was always right on top of everything we needed or requested. The large array of breakfast foods each morning set out buffet style with seating in a large banquet room was very convenient and good to start the day with! Mornings on Saturday & Sunday get very busy during summertime ~ plan to eat breakfast by 9:00 if possible as it starts to run low before they close it at 10:00. Happy Hour drinks & food choices are found at a cabana by the pool. I'd recommend asking for a room on the 2nd floor with balcony overlooking the beach or pool areas. Too much foot traffic by rooms on 1st floor. Overall good & enjoyable stay ! Comfy room, beds, & mini fridge / microwave.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Deborah
"Vacation getaway"
My boyfriend & I stayed here on vacation. The hotel is clean, housekeeping are consistently in the hallways cleaning the floors. The room was comfy, clean and relatively quiet. We took a nap in the afternoon and we were able to sleep without hearing anything. The beach is beautiful and clean. Breakfast was nice with a variety of healthy and not so healthy options. I recommend a great burger at BurgerFI!!! Awesome! The whole stay was nice and we will go back again.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Alfreda
"Barking Dogs!!!"
Nice looking hotel but staff was very slow to address issues with noise. Barking dogs early in the morning and people arguing at night really turned this experience into a bad one. Staff did not do a good job at addressing concerns in a timely manner and it seemed as if it was easier for them to tell us to let us know if we had more problems than to tell the offenders that if they didn't stop they would be asked to leave. Too many dogs all over the hotel...was told they were only on the first floor but they were on all floors. Disgusting in my opinion.
4 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Luis
TOO CROWDED
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
too much crowded
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Loved the bed!!"
Wonderful experience! We really liked the room and the ocean view.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Wendy
Good stay. Room clean and nice view. Excellent breakfast with omelette station. No issues with noise. Would stay here again.
3 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Robby
"FAIR CONDITIONS"
CONPLIMENTS - The Staff was fair, the rooms were clean, great access to the Beach, free breakfast. COMPLAINTS - the elevators were extremely slow, the hallways to the rooms were so humid, there should have been more towels in the room, missing grout and caulking thoughout the room/hotel, miscut tiles, dried paint drippings throughout, hand rails in shower loose, slow drainage in bathroom sink.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"Bad experience"
Was a very bad experience. The toilet wouldn't flush, and there was hair in the bathtub. We had to pack up our stuff and move to another room due to the toilet not flushing. Was definitely not worth $250+ tax a night.
2 night trip with friends Jul 14, 2015
"Over priced and under delivered"
The hotel need major facelift on the inside. The food was horrible. Coffee, juice, milk tasted watered down. I killed three roaches in the bathroom. It was over priced and under delivered.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Dog issues"
Dogs are supposed to stay on the first floor....I stayed on the 4th floor and there was a large dog next door barking loudly along with other small dogs in other rooms on the same floor. Hotel handled the complaint promptly but dogs should have never been allowed up there.
4 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Alberto
"Right on beach"
The LaQuinta was great! Very pet friendly, kept rooms and halls clean, and the breakfast had great variety! The only downside was there were no lounge chairs in the pool area (plenty of chairs to sit in) and if you wanted a lounger on the beach it was an extra fee. The pool was small compared to the Hilton next door but still a good size, and often in the shade due to all the buildings. Volleyball courts in the sand right in front and the tutle sanctuary just across the street. Will stay here again!
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
donna
"Rent condo"
Very pricey for shape of hotel, rooms where ok but water pressure was Terrible took 10 minutes to fill tub. If you want to sleep forget it till after 1 am band plays at bar next door very loud. Cost 1300$ for three nights could have rented Condo
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Nice hotel great breakfast nice staff, will stay again fireworks on Friday and Saturday were awesome, nice to stay on beach bring a beach cart with you make things easy to carry to the beach
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Rey
"Perfect"
We loved the hotel and the breakfast was amazing!! The only disappointment was the location of our room. At check-in I was given the option of floor and what side of hotel I preferred. I asked which side had the best view and he said the side facing the Hilton Garden Inn...well, we could see the Gulf but faced a wall. Had we been given the south side room the view would have been much better. We checked in on Tues before July 4th. The area was deserted and restaurants closed early. We ended up at HEB and Church's Chicken for dinner.
3 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
BELINDA
"Family vacation"
I enjoyed my stay as did my family. I was just disappointed when I thought I had purchased a room with a bay view that i actually had a view of the hotel next door and a corner shot of the ocean.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"South Padre Pup"
Hotel was nice. We brought our dog and hotel was very accommodating. Unfortunately not a lot of grass nearby for dog to relieve herself. However hotel was right in beach which was super convenient.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Sandra
"Hotel close to beach"
The hotel location is great on the beach, with a small bar and restaurant next to pool area. The staff was very nice and courteous, will recommend to family and friends.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"We had a great time"
Family had a great time. The hotel was everything we expected and more
Other trip Jul 4, 2015