All hotels in Shell Lake, Wisconsin, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here315 Hwy 63 South, Shell Lake, WI, 54871, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.1
It was ok. Quality of breakfast was not what we expected.
3 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"Not as nice since new management."
We stayed for two nights. The night we got there our sheets were dirty and the room smelled a little like smoke. When we came back the 2nd day the room had not been cleaned again. We were not impressed with the cleanliness of hotel. The breakfast area could be improved too. They clean everything up before 9:00.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"best place in the area"
We've stayed at this motel several times and the current managers are the best yet.
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2013
trudy & jon
Room was comfortable but housekeeping forgot us 3 of the 4 days we stayed. Had to ask for clean linens every night. Manager was not friendly at all. Kind of rude, actually. Breakfast has a jar of peanut butter for everyone to use instead of single servings. No fruit for breakfast either.
3 night trip Jun 23, 2013
"Shell Lake"
I wish there were more restaurant options, but Spooner is not too far. Lakeview bar/grill is a good choice right down the road.
3 night trip Oct 9, 2012
was very disapointed that there was no elevator, we had a room on the second floor. They had nothing available on the first, I asked. Breakfast was locked away at 9 AM sharp!!
1 night trip Aug 4, 2012
"customer service here was awful"
Our stay was o.k., the room itself was serviceable but the customer service was horrible and we were charged more than we were supposed to be charged. Also we were told that the AARP discount was on there and it wasn't . We were charged the full price that the room normally books for plus some which was not what was agreed upon by hotels.com. Also it was for a reunion and we had 4 sets of rooms for two nights check in with in half hour of each other and every one was charged a different price. The manager literally argued around in circles with us for 20 minutes or more and we finally gave up as we were so exhausted. Then as I was trying to unload he pulls me by my arm back to the lobby to show me he had pulled up the web page for the hotel and what the rate was on there. He was rude and condescending and if I have my way this family will pick another hotel for our next reunion. We booked at least 15 rooms total for two nights and were all treated pretty poorly by the manager. The cost issue really bugs me and we were almost "punished" by the manager for using hotels.com to book the room.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2012
kelly
1 night trip Jul 7, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake

"Freezing Cold"
10/13/14 Nancy D Pleasant Hill, Iowa
Arrived and was sent to a room that the heat had not been turned on. Even after turning on the heat, it took hours to feel some warmth. Was still very cold. The beds were very uncomfortable and the room was not well cleaned. Breakfast was cold cereal. Will never stay again. The total cost also had a hidden extra charge. When I called the booking agent, I was treated rudely. The hotel staff person at the desk was friendly.
"Pleasant surprise."
09/14/14 Robert L Edina, Minnesota
Clean rooms, soft towels, china cups for coffee and most of all the nicest people operating the hotel. Great pool area for the kids and...even adults are welcome in the water. Don't be shy about asking for extras! The couple managing this delightful holiday hotel will bend over backwards to help you. Shell Lake is a very special spot with good home style cooking at several places that are very close to the hotel. This will be a weekender for me and my husband in the future.
"Family Stay Bednarz Party"
08/12/14 Tiffany T Cedar Lake, Indiana, United States
The hotel was amazing. The pool area was fantastic. Our children had a blast. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that would be staying in the area. I would definately book here again. Thank you so much for a wonderful 2 days.
"Unavailable spaces"
07/27/14 Susan R Coon Rapids, Minnesota
There was a very nice "lounge area" with a locked door so that it could not be used. Very strange?? This area could have also been used to make more room for a very crowded breakfast area. Breakfast was available from 6:00 am to 9:00 am. Very inconvenient for those who would like to sleep in some on a vacation weekend.
"good hotel"
06/13/14 lanelso2 Osseo, Wisconsin
My husband and 2 boys stayed at this hotel about a month ago. The front desk was very helpful. We called for extra towels and pillows and within minutes of calling they were delivered. The hotel is a little dated but the beds were comfortable and the water stayed hot at peak times. The pool was great for such a small town. Even had a shallow pool with a slide so my 2 yr old son could play and I didn't have to worry as much. The delivered pizza was awesome!!! Breakfast was good. Their coffee on the other hand was less to be desired and is the only reason I am giving it 4 stars. We will stay here again.
"Good Pizza"
06/05/14 Luis H Mexico City, Mexico
Awsome pizza even at late night... Try it.i arrived tuesday night very late almost wednesday and there is nothing for dinner and the nearest store was al ready closed and the hotel brings me different options in pizza and they were very delicious.
"Deceptive Pricing - Dishonest Poorly Run Hotel"
05/04/14 JohnnySokko Minneapolis, Minnesota
Where do I start??? Let me start by qualifying myself. I have been traveling for several decades and have been to nearly 1000 properties in the US and other countries. I have held Diamond Hilton Honors status for years as well as Platinum Intercontinental Hotels status. The America’s Best Inns & Suites is in the bottom 5 properties at which I have stayed that is at least 99.5% were better. It starts with the deceptive pricing. The owner will low-ball you online then add what their management referred to as a “resort tax.” My bill was upped by $8.00 for what they called a Washburn county or Wisconsin state “resort tax.” Management refused to remove the charge stating they were “legally obligated” to charge it. There is no such tax. It was all a lie. Refusal to stay will result in forfeiture of reservation and you will be billed for the whole stay anyway. The manager will run your credit card upon arrival. Again, I have never had that done except at the worst half dozen hotels. The entry to the lot was barely plowed. Had there not been a slight melt off, I doubt I would even be able to get into their lot with my car. I did not go to the pool but could see that the water appeared to be murky and stagnant. No filtration was running. Then there was the room. The first thing I noticed was that the room was less than 50 degrees. The heat had obviously not been on in weeks since I could smell the dust burning off once I turned it on. Reservation was listed as king bed but the room had a queen bed with a king headboard. The mattress was old and like sleeping on a sheet of plywood. The sheets certainly did not seem as though they were washed well. The cheap industrial grade rough towels did not appear very clean either. If the sheet and towels are washed at all, it must be in cold water with no detergent. The mini shampoo bottle was half empty from the previous occupant. Lists "Free Local Calls" in reservation then has a price list for essentially all calls outside of Shell Lake. (See Photo) The “management” is useless. They will just argue with you and then say that the reservation states that they are allowed to add additional charges. The “breakfast” is as you have read with others. Just some packed thrift store snack cakes. I did get a rude voice mail message from the property owner, Neeraj Rai, who I had asked to call me. His message was combative and essentially stated he could add any charges to the bills. This man also owns Wisconsin hotel properties in Cumberland, Antigo, Stanley as well as Warroad, Minnesota. The hotel also lists a disclaimer on your folio that “The Management assumes no responsibility for accidents, injuries, theft or loss due to any cause.” This is in violation of Wisconsin statute.
"Amazing place to stay"
05/02/14 Tracy T Pulaski, Wisconsin
Stayed over night here and will most certainly be coming back. My husband and I with 3 kids & my in-laws were very pleased with the cleanliness of all areas of this place especially our room. The breakfast was great and the pool was a huge hit with the kids. Manager Paul and his wife are very friendly. They went above and beyond to ensure our stay was great. I am from the area originally and of all the places I have stayed when home for a visit this is by far the best.
"The best stay ever"
04/02/14 Andy M Wausaukee
Extremely clean and VERY comfortable beds and pillows. The manager was very congenial and helpful. I cant say enough about how nice every thing and every body was. I may bring my family just to experience how nice it is.
"Should be better"
03/12/14 Richard T Saint Paul, Minnesota
I booked a double queen room for my wife & 3 kids on 03/11/14. This is not one of the suites. The building looks nice from the outside, but it's the details that matter, and this is where this place falls short. 1) The Door-- There was something smeared across the outside of the door (blood is what it looked like). The peephole in the door was gone, and it was stuffed with tissue to plug it up. The door itself didn't seem to fit on the door-frame, with large gaps that let a lot of air in. 2) The Heater-- Adjusting the heat to the room proved to be a never ending problem. Turn the heat on, and the room became a sauna in a half hour, so you would have to turn it down, which meant it would be off, so it would be freezing in the next half hour. There was no in between. Doesn't make for a restful sleep when you're up every 30 mins adjusting the temp. 3) The Sink--the main sink would drain very slowly when used...not a big deal, but another detail. 4) Bathroom--Oddly, there is no bathroom fan in this room. I've never seen that at any hotel. Taking a shower left a lot of steam/humidity in the room. There was some kind of vent in the bathroom that had an odd smell to it, but that was it. I don't know if this was a problem in all the rooms, or just this one. For over $100 a night, there shouldn't be a list of things wrong. I don't expect perfection in any hotel, but that's a pretty good rate for NW Wisconsin. The location of the hotel is its main attraction, as it is convenient, but I couldn't recommend it with "The List" being what it was. We didn't venture into the pool, or try the continental breakfast, so can't comment on that, but you book a hotel for the room, not for the extras. Yes, I did take some pics of the problems. When checking out, there was no one around to take the room keys back, even after repeated times calling the phone on the desk that says "Dial "0" for assistance". We just left the keys on the front desk after 10 minutes of waiting around.