All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
755 Abrego Street, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice facility in good location - friendly staff"
We didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel but it was very comfortable and a spacious room with 2 queen beds. The staff was so accommodating and everyone was friendly. We were very pleased to have chosen this hotel. It is also located to walk to the shopping and the wharf area. Very very nice. We would choose it again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
L
"Convenient location, friendly staff"
Spent the weekend here December 19 thru 21st. Staff are very friendly and attentive, especially Carmen, Ernie and Anna. The location is good. Short drive to Fisherman's Wharf & Cannery Row, Monterey Bay Aquarium and accessible to Hwy.1 Weather permitting, you could walk or bike to to the Wharf area. Unfortunately, weather was not cooperative during my stay. Try the Bistro omelet for breakfast and the Amaretto Creme Brulee for dessert after dinner. If you're considering visiting the Monterey area, the Hotel Abrego should be on your short list.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Dwain
"Always a Great Stay!"
Always a great stay at the Abrego! The rooms are always so clean and the hotel so comfortable in the ideal location.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Susanna
"Always a pleasure..."
We have often stayed at the Hotel Abrego. It is always a reliable, and really fine experience.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Great hotel, great location"
Gweekend away wth my wife. Great hotel and comfy beds. Located about 1/2 a mile from downtown area--easy to walk to.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Adam
"Hotel for Conference"
Room was clean with a fireplace. It was smaller than expected for what we paid. Walls were pretty thin since we could here the people on the other side even though they were just talking normally.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Beautiful room. Walking distance to downtown."
Beautiful room. Walking distance to downtown, and quick drive to everything.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Alex
The rooms are nice. No way to control temperature of room.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
PR
"Hotel Abrego accommodating!"
I was able to use my hotels.com credit towards our stay at this beautiful hotel. I called and asked for an early checkin because we had a wedding to attend at 2:30 and we needed to get ready. Patrick made note and when we arrived we were able to checkin early and they upgraded us to a premium room!! Accommodations were great and near both the church and reception - perfect!
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
leslie
the hotel was nice and it was close to the wharf and wedding/reception.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Doug
"Good walking access to downtown and historic sites"
Nice, newer hotel with quality facilities and quiet location.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Great Experience! This Hotel is located close to downtown Monterey. The Room & Grounds are beautiful.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Best Monterey hotel for the price"
Very impressed with this hotel - excellent value for money. Friendly staff, clean rooms.
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
Barry
"Love the fire place!"
Business trip great small hotel very friendly staff great room very comfortable bed and pillows great attention to detail love the fire place in the room ! Will make this my go to place when in Monterey
2 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
robert
"Quiet and comfortable rooms."
This hotel is very quiet and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is excellent. And if you want to venture out a little bit, it's an easy walk to the shopping and restaurants on Alvarado St.
"Monterey"
We Stayed for a weekend . We had such amazing time in Monterey and plan to return some time in March. We will definitely stay at Abrego Hotel everytime such a great place to relax in the evenings.
Archie
"Great hotel for Monterey 1/2 Marathon!"
I was very glad that this hotel has a bistro on site where I ate dinner twice. Several of the items were very good (the clam chowder and crab cakes) but I was very disappointed with 2 items I ordered, most notably the Swiss cheese mushroom burger which was very dry, with little cheese or mushrooms.
runnerlady
"Too Little for the High Price"
The location is less than desirable being by a noisy intersection and car dealer. There was a very small barely working refrigerator that was difficult to use and a TV without numbers on a remote which made a very time-consuming channel change. the food downstairs was not included and add a premium price. Highly recommend going to bed Denny's cross the street.
"Great Spot, Right "in Town""
Great spot, right "in town". It's a little bit of a walk to the Aquarium, but a bunch of nice restaurants, shops within easy walking distance.
1 night family trip Nov 12, 2014
"Beautiful and Relaxing"
Really enjoyed staying here. The room was pleasantly comfortable, warm and my boyfriend loved the robes and fire place. It was a great way to getaway and not to far from the Pier. The only thing I would say is, they should really find another way to close the doors. Our door and every other door would slam real quick and make a loud BANG noise. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
kathy
"OK"
just OK, not crazy about location for us
1 night romance trip Sep 10, 2014
Georgia
"Nice Hotel, close to waterfront and shops."
Very nice hotel. Friendly staff and comfortable room. Close to waterfront and shops. Lots of restaurants close by. Easy access to downtown ( Cannerey Row and Aquarium ). Beach is close and parking is available nearby. There's a resturant at the hotel, we personally didn't eat there but we overheard other guest say that the food was very good.. We felt as if were being treated special. The hotel staff took time in answering are questions and making sure we understood. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Cuz
Nice room, very clean. Walls are a little thin, you can hear the noise from neighbors, but other than that really enjoyable.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
We did not realize that this hotel has no air conditioning. I wondered why, upon check in, guests have to acknowledge that there is a $50 charge for early departure (not early checkout on the date of departure). The room was very hot (75 degrees) when we checked in. Upon calling the desk to find the location of the control for the ac, we learned there is no air conditioning. We slept with the sliding door to the outside deck opened all night, and it was after midnight before the room cooled off enough for us to sleep. The next day, we had a fan delivered to the room. We again had to leave the door open, but the fan helped. The hotel has a small restaurant which prepared very good breakfasts. The location was good and the hotel was clean and well maintained.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Pamela
"Spacious, good location, good value."
Stayed here several times, mainly because the hotel has some dog friendly rooms. The rooms have always been clean. Walking distance to downtown. Staff always very cordial and accommodating. Nice pool and spa. The only complaint have, is that the rooms run warm and can't really cool them down unless have a/c on, which doesn't make sense on cold days. Never opportunity to use fireplace, as then room would be WAY too hot.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Terri
"Bummed out in Monterey"
The hotel is in very nice condition and rooms are spacious, clean, and well appointed. Unfortunately thats the only good thing I can say about this property. The walls are paper thin and we had someone above us doing wind sprints. I upgraded and paid for the larger room and I was extremely disappointed to find my upgraded room had a nice view of the neighboring gas station. Also, when im paying this rate I expect a hotel to have an actual bar area. The bar was 2 chairs at a counter and the desk clerk doubled as the bartender. The TV was playing the game, unfortunately that TV was 19" and static and was low def. Spend a few more dollars and stay near cannery row and walk everywhere. This place is not worth it.
2 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
Room was a little crowded and there was no AC. Thankfully front desk had a fan we could use and we slept with deck slider open for air. All in all it was a great stay. Great location.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
"Nice hotel-walking distance to downtown."
Nice comfy rooms. Walking distance to the wharf and downtown. Bus stop 1 block away so can take public transportation to Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Autumn
"Nice place!"
The beds were uncomfortable did not like the pillows either. Others have said no AC, The main building does have AC. Good central location in town.
1 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
"SCCA Runoff Car Races"
This was my first stay at Hotel Abrego and it was wonderful. The room was cleaned everyday and the quality of service was the best. The hotel is located close to downtown, where you can walk to all the great resturants. I love this hotel and I will stay again the next time I'm in Monterey.
4 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Dorothy Gray
"A few inconviences"
Overall a nice hotel in a good area. Parking is tight, especially if you drive a larger car/mini van. My room was on an upper floor, that was not equipped with an elevator. Very difficult for bringing suitcases and other items into the room and back into the car.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Claudia
We had a lovely time here, very clean. A little far from cannery row, but the price reflected that. My only issue was no air conditioner in two of the buildings, which can be typical for the area.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Clean, Comfortable, but Expensive"
The room was very clean. Staff at the hotel was polite and courteous. However, the hotel was overpriced and not close to tourist sites. I wondered if we were placed in front of the elevator and by the ice machine because we purchased our room from Expedia. Hmm?
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Frequent Travel
"Small room loud upstairs gueste"
The room was small, very little room to put things in the bathroom. Only one chair to sit on other than bed. Can hear the guest upstairs walking around and hear their TV and water running. No air conditioner and the garbage truck comes by every day at 7:30 am. Maybe I just had a bad room.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Very nice hotel close to downtown"
It was extremely hot in Monterey over 90 degrees but the hotel did not have air conditioning. The staff responded by delivering to the room a very large fan which was able to cool the room so it was a comfortable night sleep.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
bv, Jacqueline
"Great hotel and good location"
The staff was very friendly and the room was very nice for the price. The views aren't great but the rest of the amenities and location make up for it.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Lovely facility with nice rooms located within easy walking distance to many attractions, restaurants and bars. Very clean hotel and grounds with convenient free parking. Nice pool/hot tub that is clean and well maintained. Staff are all excellent and very friendly.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Not what I was expecting"
My wife and I have visited Monterey at least a dozen time in the years we have been married. We have never stayed at the same place twice. We love to try new things to see what we are missing. We had just been in Monterey in February of this year and really like the hotel we stayed at. This time though, I wanted something special for my wife so, being unable to afford the real high end places over there, I popped for a high-mid priced location. For 2 nights our bill for the room and taxes was a bit over $400.00. When we first arrived, the desk clerk said that we had been upgraded to a premium room for no extra charge. How nice I thought. This room was the exact same room that was in the picture of the room I booked! Identical, no upgrade. Don't get me wrong, the room was nice and clean, but there was a bed, a TV, and a tiny refrigerator, nothing more. The bed was hard, the pillows were tiny and felt like marshmallows and our premium room faced one of the busiest streets in Monterey, even though I told the clerk I wanted their quietest room. Again, we only had other hotels we have stayed at to compare to, but the last hotel we stayed at was 1/3 less price, better location and gave us a delicious continental breakfast that the Abrego doesn't. All in all, we won't stay here again.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"such the disappointment!"
First the good, the room was spacious, modern fairly comfortable. The fireplace for romantic winter weekends is nice and the staff were all pleasant. Now the bad for the price of this hotel which was a splurge on this road trip (got tired of comfort inn and best western etc) it was way too LOUD! every door slams mine the peoples above me the people on either side of me slams and when they slam the whole room shakes so when people are leaving at 6 am or coming in at 2am you know it. The walls are thin I knew every time the toilet upstairs was flushed. There is no ac in the room so you have to sleep with your window open and yes you will hear everything going on outside. I know some places in cali don't get hot enough long enough to need ac but I'm sorry these rooms hold the heat. If your going to spend this much find a place with ac I really wanted to recommend this place but I just can't.
2 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"It's OK!"
Nothing special about this hotel. Service is OK, room is OK, location is OK. For the price, one can get a much better deal elsewhere.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
"Nice hotel in downtown"
Had a very pleasant 2 day stay in Monterey. Hotel is close to restaurants and wharf. Room was comfortable and clean when we arrived.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
k
Everything was great, the staff, is close to the pier and very confortable.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
renata
No air conditioning !!!! Baby bed was setup in the room. Breakfast very expensive.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"Almost Perfect but....."
Front desk guy that checked us in was a not that friendly. Beds, bathroom, fireplace was perfection. My only actual complaint was the water. I tried brushing my teeth with the tap water and when I used a glass cup to fill it up with water the water was GRAY. Gross! Make sure to check that water when you check-in your room. Other than that the room was very clean, comfortable,and very quiet.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Leticia
My stay was ordinary. I had to wait about 10 minutes after I checked in to be able to enter my room as i could see that it was still being cleaned. That wasn't a fun way to begin my stay as I had already unloaded my luggage at that point. Although I realize that the hotel is not responsible for the actions of their guests it would have been nice had I not constantly been bothered by the traffic on the second floor. I was unable to sleep throughout the whole first night of my stay. Other than that the state of cleanliness and house keeping was fair.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Hot and noisy but nice appointments"
The sound of the people walking upstairs woke me several times during the night. The room was very hot and stuffy. Comfortable bed but seemed small for a queen sized bed.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Best deal in the area"
The room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. The fireplace did not work, but when we called the front desk, they sent someone over immediately and he had it up and running in no time. Having the fireplace in the room really sets the romantic mood, but be careful not to leave it running too long if it is warm out - the room heats up really fast! Location was convenient for getting to the aquarium or Carmel, but not the most exciting neighborhood. Some cute places for brunch in walking distance. Would definitely stay here again!
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
"Would not recommend"
First of all, I traveled with my 92 year old mother. I had asked for a ground floor room to accommodate my mother but the front desk said all ground floor rooms were taken. (We spoke to Front Desk at 9 am but could not register until 4pm that day- by then all the ground floor rooms were assigned). The building had NO elevator and there were 15 steep steps to climb. We had a terrible time trying to carry our luggage up the 15 stairs. My mom almost fell. There were no bell hops around to assist. Second, although the bathrooms look pretty, there is absolutely NO counter space. We had to put our tolietires on top of the toilet or on the floor beside the toilet. Who designed this? A Man, I'll bet. Third, there are no vending machines. If you want a soda you have to go Building 1 to buy from the front desk. (We were in Bldg 4). Not convenient at all.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Close to town"
Not close to water but convenient to town and restaurants. Tiny rooms but very nicely decorated. Spent until midnight listening to footsteps on 2nd floor, not much soundproofing. Nice looking property but on a main street.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Nice hotel in a motel style. Room was very clean and modern, but a bit small. We walked to the downtown area, but it does take about 10-15 minutes. Loved the second sink (bar sink?) and mirror in the room because it made getting ready for the day super fast. It was too warm to use the fireplace, but it looked lovely! We could definitely hear neighbor rooms' doors slamming in the morning, but otherwise we couldn't hear the other rooms.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014