All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
755 Abrego Street, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

We received a room next to the lobby and restaurant kitchen. All night long we heard bottles clashing and people coming and going. The rooms do not have air, therefore you have to leave the window open for circulation. We selected this hotel due to the previous feedbacks. When we asked the hotel front desk about selecting rooms, we were advised that when you book by third party websites like Hotels.com, you normally get a "run of the house" rooms. We wouldn't have found this hotel if it weren't for Hotels.com. Overall, we find it disappointing due to booking through Hotels.com.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Clean, comfortable Hotel"
Wish there were more eating options. Especially wish they provided room service
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Good Central Location"
We stayed at Hotel Abrego for 3 nights in May: 5/24-5/27 and enjoyed our stay immensely. The staff was very friendly and informative; they answered all our questions about how to get downtown for our dinner reservations and also how to get to the Aquarium. The rooms were clean and well appointed and since the hotel room faced a busy street at first we were concerned about the noise level at night. However the rooms must be quite well insulated because we did not encounter any noise from traffic. The bathroom was spacious with a wonderful shower. Also good AC and heat regulation. We especially enjoyed the robes furnished by the hotel that were a really nice feature after a hot shower, also plenty of good quality towels. We would definitely recommend this hotel to any of our family and friends! It made for an extremely enjoyable stay in Monterey!
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Willism
"Room"
Everything was great except for our building and room had no air-conditioning so it was very warm all night. Close to everything, easy to find, comfortable and helpful.
Other trip May 29, 2015
chris
"Awesome hotel"
Abrego Hotel was an outstanding hotel to stay at. The room was nice and clean, staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Christopher
"nice spot in Monterey"
Our stay here was lovely. They have a nicely remodeled facility with clean rooms, large shower, and fireplaces. Parking was easy as well. The pool and exercise facilities are extremely basic but that does not detract from the overall experience. The room was slightly smaller than I expected from the pictures which is the only reason for giving it 4 not 5 stars.
Other trip May 28, 2015
"nice!"
we stayed here to go to a music festival. the festival ended up not being that fun for the kiddos, so good thing i got the nice hotel with a pool! our room was roomy for a family with small kids. it was quiet...which i feel is often lacking. beds and linens were comfy. staff was friendly. we didn't use the restaurant, but it looked decent. was nice to be able to walk to peet's while the baby napped. we'd stay here again in a heartbeat.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
sara
"Wonderful Stay!"
Loved it and plan on coming back! Lovely private restaurant, yummy food. Large, comfortable room. Very helpful staff.
3 night romance trip May 4, 2015
Sandy
"Business/pleasure event"
Excellent place and friendly helpful service
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
As indicated by my rating, the hotel was excellent. We would return.
Other trip May 14, 2015
We were on a driving trip, from Orange County to San Francisco and then Monterey where we stayed for 2 nights. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable but small.
2 night romance trip May 6, 2015
Shari
"Extremely cozy!"
This hotel was so comfortable I would live in it if I could. Love the fireplace. The staff was very friendly. Definately stay there again when I return to Monterey.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"It was overall a very nice experience"
The entire check in and check out experience was very easy. The only downside with this hotel in my mind was the really late check in time. It wasn't until 4pm which was later than most. I would have preferred a 12 in the afternoon check in
Other trip May 10, 2015
"4 Day Abrego Stay"
Everyone at the hotel was terrific except for the manager.
2 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2015
"First Family Vacation With a Toddler"
As most toddlers are, our daughter can be unpredictable, but she felt right at home in our room at Hotel Abrego. The beds are comfortable and the hotel itself is very quiet. We were all able to get a good night's sleep and tackle the events we had planned for the next day.
Other trip May 6, 2015
Becky
"Visit Anna at the bar!!!!"
This was an overnight stop as we traveled up the coast. The room was spacious & clean (my girls loved the gas fireplace), but our building didn't have an elevator, so we struggled to carry our bags up to the 2nd floor. We atedinner & breakfast in the restaurant, the food was very good & reasonably priced!! The highlight of our stay was Anna who worked in the bar/restaurant!! She was hysterical!! Made us feel at home & treated us like family!
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
"Fantastic Hotel with Professional Staff"
Hotel Abrego is a must if your in town for either business or for casual outings. Stayed here for a business trip for 2 nights and had a great stay. Rooms are comfortable and clean with a fresh smell. The hotel staff was very professional and accomodating. I also ate at the hotel restaurant and the waiter did a great job of interacting with the crowd and had a very professional manner. Would definitely recommend staying here! This will be my go-to spot when traveling in the area.
2 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
"Nice place but a little far to walk to sights."
Very nicely decorated hotel. Walking to sights is no probable, but walking back up hill is an issue. I would recommend driving. The breakfast is not $4.00. For four dollars you can get toast or single items. $8.00 will get you breakfast, not including beverage. The restaurant is small. More like a room. I like the fireplace in the room. Bed was not great.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
"Conveniently located"
The cleaning solution in the carpet made me sneeze. Bed was comfortable. Location was excellent--close to the aquarium, The Presidio, and downtown. That being said--the restaurant is overpriced and the food is fair. The drinks served at happy hour were one day excellent, the next day pitiful. No way to get any soft drinks or bottled water in the hotel as there were no vending machines and that is ridiculous. Quite pricey experience and will look for different accommodations next trip.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Perfect hotel"
Perfect !!!
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Lior
Staff were very sweet. They made excellent suggestions. Room was cozy. Loved the fireplace.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Clean comfy hotel"
Very nice, especially liked the fireplace in the room
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Truly lovely Hotel"
This is a really nice place to stay. They have a Bistro, that serves dinner and breakfast, and the food was outstanding. The TV remote was not equipped with a selection for number input, and therefore you had to go through all channels, to find the one you wanted. Also a truly annoying feature in all hotels these days, is extremely poor lighting. I know energy efficient light bulbs are necessary, but some how adequate lighting for reading should be addressed.
2 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Deborah
Very nice bed & extremely comfortable. My wife was disappointed that we only had a shower. The fireplace was a nice touch.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"Noisy!"
We asked for a quiet room...knew we were in trouble when our room was directly under a party room...music blaring...people shouting and dancing..we asked to be moved...did not happen as we were told that the hotel was completely booked. When booking ask for a room on the top floor!
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Nice and quite hotel in Monterey!"
The hotel is in a quite neighborhood, close to downtown, has eating options nearby and close to CA-1. The place can be a good location for a 2-3 day get-away mini vacation from city hassle and noise. I like it is closed to piers and beaches. My stay here was relaxing.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Priyank
"Great value!"
Hotel was wonderful and cozy with the fireplace. The one unfortunate thing that stuck out was the floor above us was noisy and when the guest above us came back at 11pm, it made it difficult to sleep because it sounded like there was a giant above us.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
jessika
"Bathroom vent did not work"
bathroom vent did not work. I paid premium price and this was supposed to be their best room. Foggy and stinky when either me or my wife were finished with it.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Mike C
"Craftsman style hotel in quiet area"
What a lovely hotel! Craftsman decor throughout the hotel right down to bathrooms. A little off beaten track but location makes for more tranquil environment.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Easy access from highway, easy walk to sights"
Enjoyed the helpful staff who made suggestions on places to eat - all within easy walk of hotel, Nice pool. Loved the fireplace in the room.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Spring Break Get Away"
Great hotel would stay again
2 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
"Nice Hotel!"
We had a great experience at the Hotel Abrego and would definitely stay here again on another trip to Monterey. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was close/walking distance to restaurants and Fisherman's Wharf. Very friendly staff!
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"highly recommend"
Wonder hotel! Great location, super comfy beds, and great staff. I was so very pleased. We couldn't find the bathroom fan, but we didn't ask, so maybe it was there. The bathroom was great, but all in one room so if you were in the shower the other person couldn't use the sink or vanity. Sometimes it is nice to have it more separate. I would totally stay here again.
snoobus
"Nice, clean"
Nice rooms with modern Decor. Would stay again
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Lina
"Great hotel!"
Room was great. Awesome location in Monterey. HATE the pedestal sinks in bathroom. Completely impractical for travelers. No place to set down toiletries!!
3 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"We plan to return"
New, clean, location close to great food. Only 2 miles max from Aquarium. Free parking. Staff was welcoming, very knowledgable, and helpful. Next time will probably stay on top floor if possible to minimize hearing neighbors footsteps above us. Overall, though, it was a great stay.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Anniversary
"a very fine experience"
stayed for two nights; relatively convenient to the waterfront. Near an excellent bakery for breakfast buns. Rooms were tiny bit squeezed but excellently appointed. Overall a very pleasant and enjoyable stay
1 night trip Mar 4, 2015
Hershel J.
"Very pleasant surprise"
It was really enjoyable stay. Not the prime location, just tad away from the crowds with a short stroll to old downtown - exactly what we needed. Really pleasant grounds and tasteful rooms, very friendly and helpful staff that helps you make most of your stay in Monterrey. A keeper for us.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
O'kara
"Cozy"
Love the in room fireplace. I stay here during most of my business trips to Monterey County. Centrally located and walking distance to Alverado Street. The MOST cozy bed!
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Alison
"verypoor"
Room has terrible smel noisy food way too expensive no refrigerator not even microwave tv remote was lLTPO I will never recommend your hotel to anyone
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
david
"Nice Hotel close to Fisherman's Wharf"
The hotel is in a great location, it has a bar and a small restaurant. We didn't try it but it looked nice. We spent most of our weekend out but our overall stay
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Norma
"Great, except for $57 parking fees."
Everything about this hotel was great. Clean, perfect location, and very helpful staff. I gave it four stars because of the parking fee. $50 + $7 in tax is way too much for parking. I would much prefer that these fees are put into the room price instead of being surprised with an unpleasant surprise.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Close to everything. Nice place with fireplace and free amenities.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Michele
"Good room, but not hot water"
I was looking forward to taking a nice hot bath, but there was not hot water... Called in to see if they can fix it, but it was the way it is. Besides that, I loved this hotel;)
2 night family trip Feb 2, 2015
Miyuki
"Almost perfect."
Abrego is a very nice hotel within easy walking distance of the Wharf and downtown areas. It seems to have been recently remodeled too, and nicely. My only complaint - and one they really can't do anything for - is that the walls are thin. If you have nice, old farts (like us, lol) staying next door, all's well. But if you have a rambunctious family or a snorer or a honeymoon couple, be prepared for some noise.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Anne
"Great Stay!"
Wow what a great hotel. Very upscale rooms comfortable beds and I had a gas fireplace which was just enough to take the chill out of the room. Pool was very nice and clean and warm enough to swim. Free coffee which was actually better than starbucks and a free newspaper in the lobby. Great staff very very attentive to your every need. I've stayed here twice and its my only place to stay in Monterrey - especially on a lower budget.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Andy
"Hotel Neat, Clean, Brand New"
Hotel was a great value - I played Pebble Beach its about 10 Mins. away - Staff were great overall value - The Hotel is a home Run.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Great hotel walking distance to fisherman's warf."
Love this hotel and it's location. I have recommended it to many friends.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Ideal location, good service, clean hotel"
Great! Clean hotel. This is a solid place to stay. Only a few blocks from downtown, I was able to walk too downtown and back for dinner and drinks. The mall, Del Monte Center, is also just a mile or so up the road.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015