All hotels in Williamsburg, Virginia, United States of America
191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA, 23185, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"The unit had no balcony. The entrance to the unit"
The entrance to the unit was awful. They locked us out t 9:30 while we were loading the car and we had to go to t h e desk to get back in for the rest of our belongings. Not fun!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Home away from home"
Great place for large families or groups of families to stay near Busch gardens and colonial Williamsburg. The cottage unit was actually 2 separate units (1BR and 2BR) but when we reserved for a 3 bedroom we were given the whole house. It was perfect for our extended family to spread out.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Close to all the attractions"
Everything was fine until we were kept for 2 hours following our stay to try to talk us into buying a timeshare
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Jack
"Love King's Creek!"
Have stayed here many times, through my timeshare and on my own. Location is amazing, right next door to Water Country and 7 minutes from Busch Gardens. Super spacious apartments with every convenience. Will be back again!
4 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Dawn C
"FAMILY VACAY"
I was expecting a lot more for the money spent…$1000 for 4 nights, with no cleaning service, a very squeaky noisy bed and a ridiculous charge if you asked for extra towels…really? What a disappointing shame as my family and I would never visit this "Resort" again.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Nikki
"Close to other attractions"
Time share solicitations seemed mostly the important issue, BBQ grill bottom completely rusted out and seemed unsafe to use.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Cubbie
"Very nice"
Very well maintained grounds with clean, comfortable cabins. Centrally located, so easy to visit surrounding area.
7 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Needs updating"
The walls are paper thin. You can hear someone talk in the room next to you. The matress was old and lumpy. We had to turn it just to survive. The couch was the same. Poor quality. There were centipedes in the bathrooms. Ugh!
6 night family trip May 17, 2014
Christine
"Good experience."
My husband and i enjoyed staying there. We don't have any complaints.
3 night trip May 8, 2014
T. Jones
Very nice side B of a time share unit. Reasonably clean and conveniently located to highways, grocery shopping, tourist sites, etc.
3 night family trip Apr 21, 2014
jdz
What a great place to stay. The place was like staying at home. Very comfortable. Would stay there again.
3 night trip Mar 20, 2014
Lewis Schnauble
"Great family vacation spot"
The layout of these condos is perfect for folks on a family vacation - we rented a three bedroom cottage for three couples plus a baby. One of the bedrooms is it's own unit, complete with kitchenette, etc. The other two bedrooms are downstairs, and one of the bedrooms had a walk-in closet big enough to fit a portable crib, which was great for the baby we were traveling with. The second bedroom has two twin beds, which was annoying for a couple but they could be pushed together. Only complaints are that the walls in the unit are extremely thin, and our room didn't have any curtains - this is not a good location for a light sleeper. Additionally, the heat was not distributing equally (and stopped working while we were there, but the hotel immediately sent somebody over to fix it) - there were no separate vents for downstairs and in order to get the downstairs rooms warm enough, the upstairs had to be pretty toasty. The gym was pretty nice and the pool looked nice (and is supposedly heated to 84 degrees), but there was no place nearby to go for a run - it's not really near any neighborhoods or sidewalks.
3 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
Ed
this is a top rate place to stay. the only downside is that the kitchen supplies are too limited. More hooks in bath areas would be appreciated.
4 night trip Dec 27, 2013
sandy
"Very nice cottages at the site. Plenty of room !"
Liked everything about the place. Location, convenience. Close to amusement park.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
"Check in:"
after arriving at 9 o'clock at night, we were informed that we were registered for a 1 1/2 hour meeting that we were expected to attend, so they could sell us on how great the facility was with the opportunity to purchase a unit. We did not sign up nor were we ever asked about this prior to. We did not like being told that we needed to attend this meeting. The following morning. We asked if we were obligated to attend this meeting and did not say that we had to, but definitely made it sound like we were obligated to. After discussing it with the rest of our group, we decided to call and tell them that we were not going to be attending the meeting. Besides this, we had no other complaints about the facility. It would come highly recommended. In the future if they wanted to sell the facility to us. I would recommend just putting out a book or pamphlet on what they offer and phone numbers and websites to contact.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Great weekend at the King's Creek in Williamsburg"
The one bedroom cottage was very spacious for us. We all loved the layout. The spa tub was an excellent way to relax after a day of sightseeing. The only complaint was that the games in the game room were not free for guest and they are only car racing games at that.
3 night family trip Oct 4, 2013
Michael Thompson
"nice place"
The facilities were updated with very nice amenities and very clean. The staff was very helpful with any questions we had or any concerns. There was no pressure to purchase any time shares, which was a nice change from other places we have stayed at in the area. We will certainly stay there again in the future.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Great little cottage"
We stayed three nights for half the price of an area hotel room. Very comfortable accommodations Our unit was older and some things showed a little wear but it was very clean and well appointed. We had problems closing side patio door and they sent someone immediately. It couldn't be repaired so they offered us another unit but we opted not to use the door. They do try to get you to attend a 90 minute presentation for their timeshares and will give you free tickets to area attractions- pricy tickets too, but we declined and there was no problem.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Erin
"Wonderful vacation"
We were with adult family and friends, 4 couples. we were in a one bedroom. two couples in the attached 2 bedrrom, the 4th couple 3 doors down. We loved having facilities to eat in all together and grill and sit outside on the front porch. we had perfect weather. The pools are absolutely beautiful. The close proximity to Colonial Williamsburg, outlet malls, etc. was great. We all had a wonderful time.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Karin
"Just perfect"
Comfortable, great pools, nice cottage. Really nice place.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
gaspare
"Condo in Williamsburg"
OK Condo Good Value Good Location Noise in room needs correcting.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"Rental apartments right next to the waterpark"
There were serious problems with keys and check-in and out. Upon arrival we had trouble unlocking our unit: as we were struggling with the lock, the surprised OCCUPANTS opened the door; the room had been double booked. We were assigned another unit which was fine until the last night when we returned late and tired and our key again wouldn't open the door! Again we drive to the office to get it straightened out; there was confusion because they still had us listed for the FIRST room! Apparently the party originally assigned to our unit was supposed check out that day, so WE were locked out! What poor organization! There were other, though less frustrating annoyances: - The place was advertised as "cottage" but it consisted of small buildings divided into apartments; we had expected a cottage o ourselves. It was clean enough but could use some updating. - The main problem was that the walls were paper thin and we could not sleep even though the neighbors were only talking. - Also The lighting was very poor; nowhere was there enough light to read by. Does nobody else read anymore? The grounds were nice and the sports facilities were unexpected. Though we did not take advantage of them, there was a nice variety of activities for the guests, and even DVDs, games, etc to rent.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
Historians
We had a great time. The room was exactly as pictured. Everything worked well and the staff was professional and courteous. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
Andrea
"Not a resort!"
The 20' flat screen tv that is secured to the wall above the refrigerator is impossible for small kids to see and should not even be considered an appropriate option for entertainment while on vacation. The pictures of the room that were shown on-line prior to booking were not at all similar to what the room actually looked like (tinyest kitchen I have ever seen). The indoor pool was initally a plus until actually siwmming in it and seeing that the water was murky, smelly, and the chlorine level was so high it made our skin itch/burn. Around the pool area was not kept clean and we could only stand to be in the pool for about thirty minutes before being so disgusted we left. Not at all what we thought we were getting for the price we paid.
Other trip Apr 14, 2013
"Wasn't impressed"
Didn't care for this Resort. Walls paper thin, neighbor very noisy over top of our unit. Having to do your own housekeeping. Unit was in a noisy area(construction going on). Shower didn't have any water pressure. Need more shut off points between bedroom and bathroom. Furnace too noisy and jacuzzi so noisy, you want be able to hear TV. Activities weren't bad.
3 night romance trip Dec 13, 2012
"Great escape for all ages"
I was so thrilled to get to visit this resort. It was so quiet and the cottage was just what I needed. The only thing I was surprised about was I thought I would be in a cottage alone but it does have (2) units in them A & B. I was very fortunate that no one was in the unit beside me and it was just an awesome stay. The property is clean and very attractive. Location perfect just a short drive to the Outlets or Colonial Williamsburg . Awesome trip! Look forward to another restful visit. It is located next to Water Country so in the summer traffic could be a problem but for my time frame it was perfect. They also have a small shopping center that has been built 2 minutes from the resort and the ramp to interstate is about 3 minutes away.
Other trip Dec 13, 2012
Brenda
"Great accomodations and even greater staff"
We arrived just before the storm hit, and the staff was SOOOO very helpful when we needed to leave before our original leave-date. The hotel is simply gorgeous and the staff is just as great. We hope to return when there is no storm in the forcast and stay longer.
Other trip Oct 30, 2012
Ritamarie
Very good
Family trip Aug 29, 2012
Very nice accomodations, furniture in living really uncomfortable.
Other trip Aug 16, 2012
Claude
"great for extended families."
This is a beautiful community! The set up we had was great. It is nice having a washer/dryer and full kitchens. We were disapointed in the condition of the living room furniture. The sofa is a pull out sleeper, but we almost went to the floor when we sat on it.
Other trip Aug 6, 2012

"Perfect Place"
Very nice and private
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
aaron
"Spacious and Comfortable"
Our family of 5 adults found the King's Creek 4 bedroom 'Towne House' to be very spacious, comfortable and well equipped. The hotel provided a useful list of the many convenient local amenities for a self-catered holiday. King's Creek is next door to Water Country USA and very near Busch Gardens Williamsburg. It also serves as an excellent base for sightseeing in historic Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. We recommend this hotel for a relaxing family holiday.
4 night family trip Jul 22, 2013

"Ruhiges Resort"
Check in war unkompliziert, es war alles vorbereitet, Cottage war super sauber (1 SZ, WZ mit Küche, Bad). Kaffeefilter, Küchentücher, Spülmittel, Müllbeutel, Waschpulver war alles vorhanden. KCP ist sehr schön angelegt, zu Busch Gardens ist es nur ein Katzensprung. Ein Shoppingcenter mit Supermarkt ist eine halbe Meile entfernt.
5 night trip Sep 6, 2013
4 night trip Aug 3, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for King's Creek Plantation Resort

"Travel Package"
07/29/15 Kent B Gurnee, Illinois
I purchased a travel package to this resort while attending a golf show. Of course, they did a great job on selling me on the benefits and the features upfront, and it was something I thought we might like. However, after undergoing this experience, my wife and I were greatly disappointed with this resort. This is the first time I have taken to write a review but I left feeling obligated to say something. Our first issue was with making the reservation, which should have been for four nights but I was originally given three. After discovering this with my paperwork, I called to have this changed only to be told they were looking into it. I didn't know this situation was corrected until we arrived. We were never called back or received any form of confirmation. What reputable place doesn't send a confirmation? Customer Service was so-so, they always appeared guarded and ready to state policy. It always made asking questions unsettling. I had read reviews before I left, so I was fearing the worst but hoping for the best. My wife change my attitude before going by indicating, "let's make the best of it, " which is how we got by. The property was okay. The unit we stayed in, which was changed due to our last minutes accommodation change, was older and out dated. In all fairness, the new units were much nicer but is a little odd having a bathtub in the bedroom area. The sales rep we had for our presentation was nice, however, the presentation itself ran well past the 90 minutes we were slated for and was confusing. They position themselves as being different, however, because we were pressed for time and didn't want to purchase a unit, they turned cold and callus, which IS like other timeshares. I thought to myself, all this just to get three water passes??? This was okay because we learned that we loved the area and spent most of our time away from the property. Lastly, when checking out, I was hit with taxes to pay. This was disappointing only because this package is presented as being "fully paid." While I was disappointed, it was what I was expecting based on the reviews I had previously read. I guess I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised with a different outcome. We will be back next year but we will be going to tryout.........Kings Mill!
"Very Nice Cottages"
07/26/15 armypilot44 Staten Island, New York
We used some of our Wyndham Time Share points for an Interval International trade on a 2 bedroom cottage. I must say, everything was clean and in order upon arrival. Check in was quick and easy. The swimming pools have towels that you need a card to exchange but no life guards. 4 pools offer various atmospheres. Gas grills are situated everywhere to make it easy. My only complaint was the new electric stoves were coiled and dis not rest flat making cooking difficult. A minor problem for a great resort.
"Customer Service at it's finest!!"
07/24/15 Excited_traveler434 Williamsburg, Virginia
We recently joined friends for a getaway at Kings Creek, upon our arrival there were some incidentals my friend was looking for. After calling a manager, Jeff Glem came to our place and made sure everything was to our satisfaction. Not only did he and the staff go above and beyond our expectations. Jeff personally checked back three times to make sure everything was fine and we were enjoying ourselves. We also met Nelson an activities Director who's only goal was for everyone to have a great time. The property is kept in pristine condition, cleanly and beautifully landscaped, add to that their customer service oriented staff and our stay was a DREAM! By all means if traveling in Williamsburg include Kings Creek Plantation!
"Great place "
07/24/15 detarfamily Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
We had a small issue with our bathroom.It was handled very fast the manager himself came to be sure everything went well I believe his name was Jeff. We loved the pool and all the people were very nice .It is around all the attractions we wanted to see everything was clean and a beautiful place to stay .See you next time.
"Just ok"
07/21/15 Jocelynls Chester County, Pa
Stayed as part of a golf package purchased at a golf show. Was promised a cottage or estate by the sales person. Ended up in a Townes. There was no balcony, door never closed all the way without having to push. Did not like the smaller bedroom (for my kids) was nearest the door to leave. Bed spreads are in need of updating, both looked dirty and dusty. Unit was clean, but smelled horribly of cleaner upon arrival, but they did miss cleaning a really large chunk of someone's hair on shower wall. The dryer always took 2 cycles to dry clothing. The presentation for the sale of their timeshare was 2 hours long plus another 45 to assure them we didn't want to buy it. We were promised breakfast, it only included glazed donuts, water and coffee. (Not healthy for kids or a diabetic). Next Williamsburg trip I will spend at Wyndham at Kingsgate. Our first trip to the pool in the Townes section, their were no employees to obtain a pool towel from, and a sign instructed you had to go to the aquatics center (it was quicker to go back to our room for our towels). Glad we didn't pay full price.
"Poorly Maintained Time Share"
07/20/15 Harry P Delray Beach, Florida
We found our rental unit at Kings Creek Plantation to not be up to the standard. The unit appeared to be poorly constructed and in need of modernization (Small TVs, old bathrooms, lack of amenities, etc.). The location was pretty good, not too far from Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown or Yorktown. We were on a Time Share visit and the promotional price was low, but I would have been disappointed if I paid standard rates.
"Just ok."
07/14/15 Elaine B Dallas, Texas
We exchanged our timeshare for a week at King's Creek Plantation. I thought we were going to stay in the cottages. Instead, we were given a "room" at the Townes. I say room because it is a tiny suite. The information online stated that it could sleep 2-4. So, I booked it for our family of 3. Boy, was I wrong! The living area was barely big enough to set up the pull out bed. The small kitchenette was nicely equipped and the balcony was a very nice spot to read. However, overall I was disappointed. First, our check in experience was less than welcoming. The young man at the desk seemed more interested in looking at the young girls walking by than dealing with us. Secondly, the walls of the condo are paper thin. The family that had an adjoining suite argued the whole first night and we heard every word. Finally, I became irritated with the timeshare office calling and asking me to come hear their pitch. I informed them that I would not be interested but they kept scheduling me for an appointment...at 8:30 in the morning! I don't know about you but I like to sleep in when I vacation. Overall, this "resort" was average. I was hoping that some of the reviews I ready were just overly critical. Unfortunately, they were right on. We had a good time but I don't think I will stay here again.
"Could be nicer"
07/09/15 Eaford10
We stayed here as part of a deal to watch a time share presentation. If I would have paid full price, I would have been pretty disappointed. The cottages need some updating. They have a lot of wear and could use a nicer look on the inside. They aren't in terrible shape considering they were built in 1997 but the insides have definitely seen a lot of people. The newer 4 bedrooms are absolutely beautiful and if they update their cottages to that level, this would be a much nicer resort. The staff at checkin/out needs to work on their hospitality. They also had activities like crafts for kids but they charge a few dollars for it. It's not that big of a deal but I think they should just include that considering what I heard the actual prices are. On the plus, the location puts you near everything.
"Very nice!"
07/08/15 Charles S
We used kings creek plantation as home base on a recent trip to Virginia. The staff is friendly. Our unit was very new and super clean. Our balcony had a view of the woods and we even had lightening bugs for entertainment at night. It is drivable to Washington DC which we did. We also spent a day in colonial Williamsburg and one day in Yorktown. A perfect family vacation.
"A BIG LET DOWN"
07/05/15 Lovetottavel2014
KCP reached out to me prior to my arrival and schedule me for a 1 hour interval update @11:30. I arrived on time and @ 12.00 noon they still had not started the presentation. When I asked when would they be starting I was advised shortly ( they had told me this 30 minutes ago) Finally after I asked to speak with a manager, they closed us out and we left and felling the resort wasted our time and was focused on the sales pitch but not the sale. There were many problems with our unit in The Cottage I called maintenance and house keeping. There was a leak on the HVAC and the bath tubs were filthy. Finally the had to bring a buffer machine to clean the tubs because their traditional methods did not work. The stove top burners were out of alignment, The beds creaked. Maintenance and house keeping staff were great and helpful; . Overall not pleased with my stay, This is fourth time good to Williamsburg VA and this was the worst resort that I had ever stayed in.