All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here230 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60601, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"So so!"
Great location! Hotel not so new! When we got there they have us a room that was not even cleaned yet. Had to get moved. Not really the best way to start a stay!
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Raul
"Great fun"
Room and people were awesome. Great location in the heart of the city. Only downside was the closest. Looks like it was an afterthought, just set in the hallway and kind of bottlenecked getting into the main part of the room.
3 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2015
"Horrible service and rooms"
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I booked a stay for three nights. As I was eating in the room there was a cockroach crawling on the desk. The room was filthy. They gave me a second room and that one had trash in it as soon as I opened the door. Hotel manager on duty was very rude and disrespectful. Never again.
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Jose
"Adequate"
The double queen room was very small and very dark. In fact, the hallway outside the room was very dark. Everything is painted a dark gray with tiny spotlights providing the only illumination. I don't think I would have felt safe if I was by myself. Three adult sisters shared this room and we found it challenging to get ready due to the lack of readily accessible outlets and the dim lighting. The room was very clean and the staff was polite, but not exactly overwhelming in hospitality. Perhaps that is typical for downtown Chicago hotels. However, in keeping with the theme of the Hard Rock Hotel, I felt like I should have been treated like a star, not as tourist who was passing through. The location was great! The two restaurants associated with the hotel were also outstanding.
3 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
"Wonderful stay"
Went for concert at United Center, wonderful location, about a 3 mile walk to concert, took the bus back from the concert, real easy.. Next day walked to pier, hotel is middle of everything. Hard rock restaraunt is 8 block away.
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Roberta
"Great Chicago getaway"
The hotel was in a great location. The hotel staff was amazing. We arrived really early due to an early flight and they were able to check us in early. We asked about a good breakfast spot and they suggested wild berry that was two blocks away. The food was amazing one of the best breakfasts I've ever had.
4 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
Cameron
"Love Hard Rock!"
Great location! The hotel is set right in the center of southern and northern Michigan Avenue. It is in perfect walking distance from all the major shopping and Millenium Park. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were tidy and spacious. I would definitely stay here again when I come back to Chicago.
3 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2015
Lauren
The hotel restaurant/bar, "Chuck's" had great food but the service was very slow. The room and hotel were very clean. The hotel has a great location and it is easy to walk to most major attractions.
4 night business trip Jun 13, 2015
"Wore out out walking shoes!!"
Took the Amtrak to Chicago for mother-daughter week-end. Saw 'On Your Feet' and Well's Street Art Festival. Planned on 'Segway Tour' but got rained out. Hotel is great location, spacious rooms, good restaurants all around. Give the whole week-end a perfect 10!!
2 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
Sherry
"Wouldn't stay at a Hard Rock Hotel again"
I surprised my boyfriend with a weekend trip to Chicago for his birthday and used my Rewards nights to book at the Hard Rock Hotel. For a $400/night stay at the Hard Rock, we were greeted after a long delayed flight at 11:30 PM by the front desk clerk telling us there were no rooms left. After a discussion (I booked this Hotel over a month ago), they "found" a room but it needed cleaning. After waiting 30 more min we finally got into our room. Unfortunately, the room was still dirty! The previous guests hairbrush, bath products, and HAIR was all over the room, sheets, etc. It was 1:00 am and we had to call the front desk to ask someone to clean the room while we waited again. Apparently the cleaning staff does not work late at night because they had a maintenance staff come to clean it and he didn't know what to do. They did give us a free breakfast voucher for the next day for all the trouble, too bad no one in the lobby knows where they serve breakfast when we asked and so we couldn't use the voucher at all! This is an older hotel that shows its age, and the service is pretty terrible. More of a 2-3 star hotel than a 4 star, I would have expected a lot more for $400/night. I won't be staying at a Hard Rock Hotel again, that's for sure.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Great place, great time.
2 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Jordan
"Not the best value"
I was able to check in early, which was a plus, but the non-smoking room reeked of cigarettes. They moved us into another room immediately which had broken curtains. For the money the hotel cost, I expect better. The location was great but I would have rather tried a different hotel.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Tomas
"Hard Rock Hotel Chicago"
The hotel was in a great neighborhood and was convieniently located to downtown. The rooms are small and the hallways narrow and there are better hotels for the money in Chicago
4 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
Randall
"Need major updates"
Staff will go up and beyond to help you. However hotel need updates shows wear and tear everywhere you go. Chair in rooms are all ripped, carpet is gross, tube and bathroom is from the 70s if tub was any smaller it would be a childs. Lobby ceiling has about 4 inches of dust on it with holes in ceiling..Hotel definitely needs up dates.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
kim
"Great Location!"
Great Location!
3 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
"Average hotel with great location"
My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. The location was the best part of this hotel! There are a tons of restaurants and shops within walking distance and the concierge was very helpful. You can tell this hotel is older but they are trying to keep it modern with their décor. My biggest complaint was that our room had a bad sewer smell to it and our view was terrible. I also did not care for the restaurant in our hotel. My husband received cold coffee and gross dessert but the restaurant staff did fix the problem once we complained. The restaurant/bar closed very early though for a Friday night which was disappointing. The price was good for the location though and the room was a pretty good size when considering your staying in a big city. Due to the large amount of hotels in the area, I'm not sure that we would stay here again unless the price was right because there was nothing special about this hotel at all.
2 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Kara
"Not the best Hard Rock Hotel"
I had been to the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego before and in comparison this was a real disappointment. The San Diego Hotel is equipped with a rooftop pool, a club on the top floor and two bars on the first floor and the whole hotel is modern and has a really cool vibe. The Chicago hotel has none of these things. There's only one bar and dining room combination on the first floor and basically no other amenities or atmosphere. The cleanliness of my room was okay, but the rest fell below my expectations. The furniture had visible wear. A real disappointment was that the A/C barely worked. It only cool the room down by a couple of degrees, which left me a little bit too hot, but luckily it wasn't too warm outside so I could stand it. I highly recommend the hard rock in San Diego and to stay away from the one Chicago.
3 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
"Beautiful and historical hotel, but mediocre rooms"
The Hard Rock Chicago is housed in the beautiful and historic Carbide and Carbon building. It's worth the stay purely because of the experience of staying in such a historical building. However, the room itself is mediocre. The bathroom in my room had a loose tile and the tile in the bath tub had some mold growing. Most of the furniture in the room was rather cheap-looking as well. For the money, I'd be looking at somewhat nicer amenities. Also, given that it is the Hard Rock, I was expecting that there would be a focus on the media in the room. The sound-systems were of low to mid range quality (cheap i-home speaker for the iPhone). Anyway, bottom-line: great hotel because of historical value, but mediocre rooms.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2015
Juan
"Don't bother with this hotel"
We arrived at 3:30 and the room was not ready when check in was at 3pm. The hotel said they were short staffed we ended up getting a second room because they only had king room available and I had reserved 2 queen beds. Then they said the rooms were adjoining and when we went to our rooms they were not so we made another trip to the front desk and their explanation was that none of their rooms adjoin so then I asked the question why did you say they did and his response was oh you must of misunderstood. There are plenty of other hotels in the area I would not waste my time with this hotel.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"very centrally located!"
great location, hotel is a little run down, but confotrable overall
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"More than a gimmick - just a great hotel"
Great, fun hotel that also provides excellent service and access to the heart of the city. Rooms are a decent size for an inner-city hotel and the music photos and theme is a nice touch. A real plus is the borrow a guitar program that lets you play in your room if you are into that stuff.
1 night business trip May 26, 2015
"Fun Chicago hotel"
Hotel is older and needs updated but it was clean, comfortable and has a great location.
4 night trip with friends May 24, 2015
Benjamin
"An okay visit"
The hotel rooms seemed run down. Good location though
1 night business trip May 26, 2015
"You must pay wifi :("
Room ok But Scandal to pay wifi in a big hotel like this one
1 night business trip May 21, 2015
Jean pierre
"Nice..but costly"
I would suggest staying in other hotels in same price.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Loved it!
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Hard Rock alright in my book"
This is the second year that we've stayed here on our Indy journey. Overpriced yes, but in a great part of the city. Other than the rockstar paraphernalia & cool decor I wasn't that impressed. Main thing that I am big on is the comfort of beds/pillows & how well insulated you are from the halls/other guests. Both weren't as good as other hotels that I've stayed at in the same price.
1 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Clayton
"Great hotel in the windy city"
We had a wonderful stay at the Hard Rock. The hotels location was perfect. Could walk almost everywhere. Just down the street from the Miracle Mile, Millineum Park, restaurants, museums. The staff was outstanding. Very helpful concierge, housekeeping, front desk etc. the room was clean but a bit too small, especially the closet with only a couple of coat hangers. We were two woman with a lot of clothes to hang up. Also the full length mirror on the closet door was distorted and the lighting in the bathroom too dark (two women trying to put make up on) overall though a great place to stay. Would recommend
5 night trip with friends May 13, 2015
"Mostly good."
Staff was friendly and the location was ideal. It was very close to the bus so it made for easy transportation to Wrigley Field. The temperature in our room was warm enough to wake me and the air conditioner didn't seem to work. I called the front desk who told me to open a window:(
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"disappointing"
disappointing, - the sheets had a very bad smell every day, the wifi wasnt working and could not connect until the last night, the staff could not assist me with the issue when i called, when i arrived in the room there was food left over from the previous guests, the room had a bad smell, and a couple more issues but over all I had much higher expectations over all
4 night business trip May 15, 2015
george
"would not stay here again"
Not worth the money. Lighting and mirrors horrible for female guests. Had 2 rooms under same name with request that they be together or same floor - ended up 7 floors apart.
3 night trip with friends May 14, 2015
"Great Stay for Two Nights"
Although it was a quick two night get away, the hotel was decent and the staff was very helpful with offering tips on places to see while in Chicago. It was my 40th birthday and when we asked for a decent view, it was a corner accessible room that had a view of the construction next door. I would have preferred our booked room, which was a king size bed but overall, the room was bigger than most.
2 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Janelle
"Nice, but not for the price"
Overpriced for the size and quality of room. Traffic very loud from the 5th floor.
3 night business trip May 11, 2015
"great hotel, skip the restaurant/bar"
my only complaint about this hotel is about the restaurant/bar. The ambiance leaves a lot to be desired (no music playing, at all, on a Friday night?), the service was slow - took 3 trips to the back to get coffee, and sugar and cream on Saturday morning, and the bacon came out looking like it had been nuked in a microwave for 2 minutes. The staff seems just generally uninterested in their customers or the vibe they're throwing.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"overall nice - but not perfect"
rented 3 rooms for a business trip - as we have for past 4 years - this year - we we had to pay for internet - (or go to business center on 3rd floor or in lobby) ... to not have internet in the room was disappointing.
3 night business trip May 10, 2015
"Great time in Windy City"
We Were treated to excellant service by a very courteous staff. Our first time in Chicago and had a great time. Stayed at Hard Rock Hotel in Buloxi and had a great time there as well. Thank You Hard Rock.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
GENE
"Party like a Rock Star"
I was celebrating my birthday like a rock star and my stay was amazing!! Perfect hotel, service, and location.
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
Fredrika
"Recommend location, not hotel"
You can't beat the location! The room itself was basic and the air conditioner barely worked. Three of the elevators weren't working and the shower had a fair amount of mold in the corners. It was cheaper than most hotels in the area and like I said, the location was great!
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"Great Place For A Getway Vacation"
My stay was a birthday present to myself. The staff was very friendly great customer service. My room was just gorgeous. I loved the giant oversized pillows on the bed. I had the best nights rest there. I would definitely return again. Met a friend in the Angels and King lounge we had a wonderful time. Great location in walking distance to stores,restaurant's,theater's,shopping. Hard Rock Hotel was the best.
2 night trip Apr 10, 2015
Theressa
"Hard Rock Chicago"
The bathroom was old and the pillows and bed were not very comfortable. The view was great and the waiter, Eric in the restaurant was AMAZING. He knew the entire menu and gave everything he suggested was delicious. He new his wines and drinks too!
3 night business trip May 3, 2015
Laurel
"Chi-town get away"
Room was clean, quiet, comfortable, but small. Great location on Michigan Ave. I was disappointed to find there is a separate Internet charge for each device.
2 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Rhonda
Tried calling the desk twice and got no answer only to go downstairs and find no one in the lobby. There was a mini fridge in the room that would not chill. The room was good size and clean.The location is great.
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Angie
"Solo Business"
I arrived at noon and was a bit reluctant to go up to counter to check in so instead I went up to have my bags checked in. Front desk immediately told me there was a room ready for me and allowed me to check in. Very friendly service. Made my first solo stay at a hotel very pleasant.
1 night business trip May 2, 2015
"hard rock"
The room was supposed to have a city veiw. The veiw was horrible.
1 night trip May 1, 2015
Christopher
"Overall good value for location"
GREAT location in the Loop — steps from the L, the riverwalk, Millenium Park and Magnificent Mile. Hotel service was good. Only complaints is that they charge for every little thing (WiFi in the room is too expensive). Also, no outlets near the bed. Overall, we had a comfortable stay and would stay here again for our next trip in Chicago.
3 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"From the Top floor to the lower floor"
The blinds in the first room (historic floor) weren't lowering and actually fell on me at some point the first night.The maintenance attendant fixed them. The next morning , I realized there weren't any drapes , the sun came right in and I couldn't fall back asleep. Although the height was great for a beautiful scenic view, I need my sleep. The bed was lumpy. The hotel moved me to a lower room on the third floor. The drapes were dark and the bed was comfortable , I had a good night's sleep. However the bathroom smelled absolutely awful. The sewer smell made it unbearable to put my make up on and fix my hair in the bathroom in the morning. I kept the door closed to the bathroom while I was in the room. Other then that, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. I hope they're able to fix the sewer smelling bathroom for the next guest, it was really awful. I noticed a scented spray left in the room which makes me believe the hotel staff was aware of the stench. I felt a little frustrated that I'd be moved from a room with problems to another room with a different problem. The stay wasn't cheap. Being there on business gave me limited time to address the issues so I dealt with it and was given a small refund towards the bill and a breakfast voucher.The hotel was at a perfect location for me and easy to grab a taxi when I needed one. The hotel robes were very comfortable and a nice touch. If it weren't for a few room problems , my stay would have been perfect.
3 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
"Dark Closers"
Overall the hotel is ok. One thing I struggles with was the poor lighting in my room. My room gad two closets but no light to see in closet, i literally had to use my phones flashlight.
3 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
Matthew
"Best Hotel ive been to yet"
It was awesome!!! Friendly Staff!!
3 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Denis
"nice stay"
great location. staff great. old hotel
3 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Mariaelena
"I would come back for the soft beds."
I slept wonderfully in the soft bed and nice accommodations. I ate in the restaurant and had a delicious meal. I would stay there again.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015