All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here230 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60601, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"An okay visit"
The hotel rooms seemed run down. Good location though
1 night business trip May 26, 2015
"You must pay wifi :("
Room ok But Scandal to pay wifi in a big hotel like this one
1 night business trip May 21, 2015
Jean pierre
"Nice..but costly"
I would suggest staying in other hotels in same price.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Loved it!
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Hard Rock alright in my book"
This is the second year that we've stayed here on our Indy journey. Overpriced yes, but in a great part of the city. Other than the rockstar paraphernalia & cool decor I wasn't that impressed. Main thing that I am big on is the comfort of beds/pillows & how well insulated you are from the halls/other guests. Both weren't as good as other hotels that I've stayed at in the same price.
1 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Clayton
"Great hotel in the windy city"
We had a wonderful stay at the Hard Rock. The hotels location was perfect. Could walk almost everywhere. Just down the street from the Miracle Mile, Millineum Park, restaurants, museums. The staff was outstanding. Very helpful concierge, housekeeping, front desk etc. the room was clean but a bit too small, especially the closet with only a couple of coat hangers. We were two woman with a lot of clothes to hang up. Also the full length mirror on the closet door was distorted and the lighting in the bathroom too dark (two women trying to put make up on) overall though a great place to stay. Would recommend
5 night trip with friends May 13, 2015
"Mostly good."
Staff was friendly and the location was ideal. It was very close to the bus so it made for easy transportation to Wrigley Field. The temperature in our room was warm enough to wake me and the air conditioner didn't seem to work. I called the front desk who told me to open a window:(
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"disappointing"
disappointing, - the sheets had a very bad smell every day, the wifi wasnt working and could not connect until the last night, the staff could not assist me with the issue when i called, when i arrived in the room there was food left over from the previous guests, the room had a bad smell, and a couple more issues but over all I had much higher expectations over all
4 night business trip May 15, 2015
george
"would not stay here again"
Not worth the money. Lighting and mirrors horrible for female guests. Had 2 rooms under same name with request that they be together or same floor - ended up 7 floors apart.
3 night trip with friends May 14, 2015
"Great Stay for Two Nights"
Although it was a quick two night get away, the hotel was decent and the staff was very helpful with offering tips on places to see while in Chicago. It was my 40th birthday and when we asked for a decent view, it was a corner accessible room that had a view of the construction next door. I would have preferred our booked room, which was a king size bed but overall, the room was bigger than most.
2 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Janelle
"Nice, but not for the price"
Overpriced for the size and quality of room. Traffic very loud from the 5th floor.
3 night business trip May 11, 2015
"great hotel, skip the restaurant/bar"
my only complaint about this hotel is about the restaurant/bar. The ambiance leaves a lot to be desired (no music playing, at all, on a Friday night?), the service was slow - took 3 trips to the back to get coffee, and sugar and cream on Saturday morning, and the bacon came out looking like it had been nuked in a microwave for 2 minutes. The staff seems just generally uninterested in their customers or the vibe they're throwing.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"overall nice - but not perfect"
rented 3 rooms for a business trip - as we have for past 4 years - this year - we we had to pay for internet - (or go to business center on 3rd floor or in lobby) ... to not have internet in the room was disappointing.
3 night business trip May 10, 2015
"Great time in Windy City"
We Were treated to excellant service by a very courteous staff. Our first time in Chicago and had a great time. Stayed at Hard Rock Hotel in Buloxi and had a great time there as well. Thank You Hard Rock.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
GENE
"Party like a Rock Star"
I was celebrating my birthday like a rock star and my stay was amazing!! Perfect hotel, service, and location.
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
Fredrika
"Recommend location, not hotel"
You can't beat the location! The room itself was basic and the air conditioner barely worked. Three of the elevators weren't working and the shower had a fair amount of mold in the corners. It was cheaper than most hotels in the area and like I said, the location was great!
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"Great Place For A Getway Vacation"
My stay was a birthday present to myself. The staff was very friendly great customer service. My room was just gorgeous. I loved the giant oversized pillows on the bed. I had the best nights rest there. I would definitely return again. Met a friend in the Angels and King lounge we had a wonderful time. Great location in walking distance to stores,restaurant's,theater's,shopping. Hard Rock Hotel was the best.
2 night trip Apr 10, 2015
Theressa
"Hard Rock Chicago"
The bathroom was old and the pillows and bed were not very comfortable. The view was great and the waiter, Eric in the restaurant was AMAZING. He knew the entire menu and gave everything he suggested was delicious. He new his wines and drinks too!
3 night business trip May 3, 2015
Laurel
"Chi-town get away"
Room was clean, quiet, comfortable, but small. Great location on Michigan Ave. I was disappointed to find there is a separate Internet charge for each device.
2 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Rhonda
Tried calling the desk twice and got no answer only to go downstairs and find no one in the lobby. There was a mini fridge in the room that would not chill. The room was good size and clean.The location is great.
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Angie
"Solo Business"
I arrived at noon and was a bit reluctant to go up to counter to check in so instead I went up to have my bags checked in. Front desk immediately told me there was a room ready for me and allowed me to check in. Very friendly service. Made my first solo stay at a hotel very pleasant.
1 night business trip May 2, 2015
"hard rock"
The room was supposed to have a city veiw. The veiw was horrible.
1 night trip May 1, 2015
Christopher
"Overall good value for location"
GREAT location in the Loop — steps from the L, the riverwalk, Millenium Park and Magnificent Mile. Hotel service was good. Only complaints is that they charge for every little thing (WiFi in the room is too expensive). Also, no outlets near the bed. Overall, we had a comfortable stay and would stay here again for our next trip in Chicago.
3 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"From the Top floor to the lower floor"
The blinds in the first room (historic floor) weren't lowering and actually fell on me at some point the first night.The maintenance attendant fixed them. The next morning , I realized there weren't any drapes , the sun came right in and I couldn't fall back asleep. Although the height was great for a beautiful scenic view, I need my sleep. The bed was lumpy. The hotel moved me to a lower room on the third floor. The drapes were dark and the bed was comfortable , I had a good night's sleep. However the bathroom smelled absolutely awful. The sewer smell made it unbearable to put my make up on and fix my hair in the bathroom in the morning. I kept the door closed to the bathroom while I was in the room. Other then that, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. I hope they're able to fix the sewer smelling bathroom for the next guest, it was really awful. I noticed a scented spray left in the room which makes me believe the hotel staff was aware of the stench. I felt a little frustrated that I'd be moved from a room with problems to another room with a different problem. The stay wasn't cheap. Being there on business gave me limited time to address the issues so I dealt with it and was given a small refund towards the bill and a breakfast voucher.The hotel was at a perfect location for me and easy to grab a taxi when I needed one. The hotel robes were very comfortable and a nice touch. If it weren't for a few room problems , my stay would have been perfect.
3 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
"Dark Closers"
Overall the hotel is ok. One thing I struggles with was the poor lighting in my room. My room gad two closets but no light to see in closet, i literally had to use my phones flashlight.
3 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
Matthew
"Best Hotel ive been to yet"
It was awesome!!! Friendly Staff!!
3 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Denis
"nice stay"
great location. staff great. old hotel
3 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Mariaelena
"I would come back for the soft beds."
I slept wonderfully in the soft bed and nice accommodations. I ate in the restaurant and had a delicious meal. I would stay there again.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
Garrett
Great
1 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
"Great location and close to the "L""
The staff at the hotel were very friendly. The room service lady was polite and punctual. The concierge gave a great tip for a blues place. The room had a few little things that needed to be fixed: 1) vanity mirror in bathroom about to fall off 2) mini frig cabinet door sticks; causes drawers to get stuck 3) curtains didn't close all the way (hard to sleep in). The TV stopped working and they came right away to fix that. For me, the bed/pillows were extremely uncomfortable but they were fine for my boyfriend. The location was perfect. Close to everything you want to do downtown. And if you need to take the "L", there were plenty of stations nearby. CVS right across the street. Now that we know the city better, don't know that we'd stay here again; would probably do FlipKey.
5 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Janell
"Good hotel, old building"
Great hotel. Fantastic location. My only complaint is that the toilet ran constantly, which is not very sustainable and was very annoying.
4 night business trip Apr 7, 2015
Shawna
"nothing special"
Very mediocre. Bathroom had rust and odor
2 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
The Hard Rock hotel was in a great area of Chicago. Close to all of the major attractions. Very simple room, but was fine for us since we were out and about most of the day. My only complaints were that the bed was extremely uncomfortable and the shower was terrible. Clean, but the water basically dripped out of the shower head.
3 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
"Hard Rock - Chicago"
The hotel is centrally located, close to Milenium park and the loop. All the hotel staff was really helpful and friendly. The city is beautiful, we had a great time!
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"great stay"
great value
2 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"College Visit"
I stayed here with my son for a College visit. The rooms are clean but small. The hotel is in a good location for walking to Millenuim Park, Sear's Tower and other sites. Overall it was fine.
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Tejal
"awesome trip"
Had a awesome time. The hotel was amazing, even got a free upgrade. I would say the only thing that was a negative was a waiter We had at the restaurant, he was very rude. Other than that the trip was amazing. Will definitely be back!
2 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
"Wonderful place to stay!"
Perfect location; good price; very clean hotel. However, they charge $4.50 per can of soda in the room. I have never seen an expensive can of soda in any hotel in anywhere in the world.
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
ann
"Nice over night stay."
We weren't there long but it was a nice stay. We arrived early and they checked us right in. Really the rooms were spacious for downtown Chicago and the beds were comfy and clean. It was really pretty quiet.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
Joni
Excellent location, service & restaurant.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Michele
"Ok place better options around"
The hotel was older than pictured. Construction next door so there was banging non stop!! We were disappointed we had no wifi with our room because we Booked on Expedia. This was an additional cost of $129US for one device only for 5 days. We had a 15 and 13 year old. No vending machines for a quick snack or drink. There were bars in the rooms a single can of Pepsi cost us $5US. The place is nice just older than expected and very noisy.
5 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great place to stay!"
My 16 year old daughter and I planned a short Chicago indulgence, including Broadway show, shopping and a great hotel. The room was super comfy - clean, nice body products, coffee, bedding, pillows and perfect sleeping temperature. We had breakfast in the restaurant and had enjoyable, friendly service and good food. Concerige was helpful. We will definitely return!
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Awesome room and amazing view."
We stayed in a King Tower Room for our anniversary. The view was amazing and the room had everything we needed and more. We could see the city and part of the lake.We will definitely stay here again!
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Hard Rock Chicago"
Location is great and the room is fine. We did not get maid service. Friday night was noisy as the room across the hall had people going in and out all night. I have to say that once the door was closed, we heard nothing, so that was some solace.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Big City Pet & Family Quick Retreat"
Great weekend, HVAC mean temperature control was hard. We hd it turned off for the majority of our stay as the room heated up well past the set temperature quickly. Located perfectly in the heart Chicago we loved it. Pet friendly but only if your dog is use to a big city with all the noises. Park area w/grass is not close so be prepared to walk. Staff is great!
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Good Hotel, Good Locaiton"
Good hotel, but the bed was a bit too soft and caused a bit of discomfort the next morning.
4 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"Nothing special"
The actual hotel and lobby were very nice. The staff extremely friendly. The room itself, however, was a bit underwhelming. The King bed was certainly comfortable, the mini fridge well stocked, and a nice size flat screen on the wall. But the colors were drab and the size of the room was barely adequate. The bathroom fixtures were of high quality, but nothing really stood out making this a high priced Motel 6. A place to sleep while downtown Chicago. Also Chuck's restaurant had a limited menu, but the food was very good. Yes, just off the elevator was a glass case with a rock stars outfit and the artwork in the room was music oriented. But not sure it was worth the money. Glad we tried it, just not sure I'd go back with so many other great choices in Chicago.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
jim
"Everything was great!"
The only thing we didn't like was having to pay for Wi-Fi. Everything was great beyond that.
Response by Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Thank you for the GREAT review! Although there is a minimal Wi-Fi charge for in room service we offer it complimentary for all guests in our Lobby. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Carly Moore
3 night romance trip Mar 18, 2015
"Birthday Celebration in Chicago"
My son chose this hotel for his 16th birthday. They offered a complimentary Fender Electric guitar in the room, which he loved! We got in early and they accommodated an early check-in. Our flight was delayed and they also let us check out late. Great customer service.
Response by Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! We love to celebrate all occasions with our guests and are pleased to hear that you had a great time while celebrating your sons 16th birthday! We strive to provide an authentic hotel experience that rocks, it is our passion and we are thrilled to hear when we deliver. Although we cannot guarantee early check-in we will always do our best to accommodate your needs, same goes for check out. We hope to rock out with you again! Cheers, Carly Moore
3 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Anthony
"hotel"
The hotel is nice. But did not give information about nightly parking prices. Probably will not stay again.
Response by Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Although I certainly can understand how $60/night for valet service seems very expensive I can assure the rate is on par with other Hotels in the area. If you do decide to visit us again you can always try an online search for discounted self park garages in the area to save on paying for valet fees. Cheers, Carly Moore
3 night business trip Mar 20, 2015