All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
230 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60601, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Clean
    Bad internet service
"Birthday"
Awesome!!
1 night trip Jan 30, 2016
Al
Great anniversary getaway!! :)
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2016
"disappointed.."
The room was not fully cleaned and their was no room service information, the bedding was only sheets?? no alarm clock.. just not what I was expecting.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2016
Candace
"Hard rock Chicago"
It was great place to stay people were very friendly. It was difficult to get to other than that it was great!
1 night romance trip Jan 29, 2016
Blake
"Great night"
My stay was excellent, great concierge. Everyone was very nice down to the room service, check in as well as housekeeping I would recommend this deal to others.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2016
Margaret
It would be great if there was a mini fridge or an available ice maker.
2 night family trip Jan 22, 2016
"Above average"
Clean and friendly....no issues
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2016
Sean R.
"Worst Service EVER!!!"
Worst customer service experience ever! The front desk were rude the server at Jamaican lounge made us wait 25 minutes for a drink then handed us check without us even asking. Other bar kept there back to us while they knew very well we were there! Only ppl who were nice was the valet because they seen the vehicle I drive!!! I will never ever have anything to do with hard rock hotel or restaurant they were the worst better to stay at motel 6 or a shelter for the homeless than there!!!
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
daniel
"Hard Rock in Chicago"
Nice, no issues except the hotel charge of $65 a night to park your car is nuts.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2016
Stains on the bed. Loud music at 3am. No wifi in room.
2 night business trip Jan 8, 2016
Ryan
"So so"
First the good: the rooms were clean and comfortable and the location is great. The disappointing: From the outside, it is obvious that this is an Art Deco building; from the inside, there is no evidence of that. The weird: The snacks and drinks in the room are on pressure-sensitive supports. If you move it, you bought it.
3 night trip Jan 5, 2016
"terrible"
I was trying to refrain from writing this review because I have loved almost every stay I have booked with hotels.com but this time was miserable. The check in was terribly long and filled with issues from lost confirmations to malfunctioning credit card machine. Then we had to deal with terribly behaved frats and sororities through out the hotel. FINALLY we get to our room and there is unchanged garbage, missing mini bar items, and the real kicker! A GIANT URINE STAIN ON THE UNCHANGED BED SHEETS, and you would think they would send someone imminently to change them for us.. nope took an hour. after the first hour at this hotel our night was a disaster . the rest of our night was fine but nothing will compare to the start of it.
1 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2016
"Good place, great price."
The hotel is very nice for the price. Very friendly and helpful staff. Only negatives are that they charge for WiFi (a lot) and that some of furnishings/finishes are a little worn.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2016
Alan
"Great Hotel with a terrible problem"
We enjoyed the hip design and finishes in the hotel. It was great to be centrally located to so many cultural and fun places to eat. The staff was friendly and helpful especially the engineers who helped us with the television. My only substantive complaint is the HORRIBLE air freshener pumped into the lobby and hallways. DISGUSTING and ubiquitous. It was like being smothered by my Aunt Mary and her cheap perfume every time we walked into the lobby and hallway. Honestly, I probably won't stay there again because of it.
4 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Patrick
we were placed in the room next to the stairs and one of the elevators broke down. Have you considered carpets on the stairs? Have you considered sound proofing your rooms? Not worth the $ we paid.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
Antonia
Very nice. Never used any services. Hallways are a bit dim. Overall, I would recommend it!
1 night business trip Jan 2, 2016
"Stay here!"
Staff was very welcoming from the minute we pulled up. Our suite had exceptional views of the city. The very close proximity Millenial Park and more were great!
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
Craig
Great vibe, rock n roll every where, loved it
1 night business trip Dec 27, 2015
Tonya
"Annual Christmas get away"
The location of this hotel is great. Even though it rained/snow mix, we had a awesome time. We had dinner at Ruth Chris', pizza at Due and walked Michigan Ave.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
The Valet serves was slow at night. called ahead of time and showed up at the suggested 15 minutes but keys were still at the desk waited another 20 minutes for car had to rush for appointment.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2015
"Friendly Staff, Average Housekeeping"
Decided to do a Christmas solo getaway after hosting family for Thanksgiving. Booked a room, had a good view, nice bedding. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Regarding housekeeping, the initial condition of the room was average. A little more attention could have been paid to the shower and there was some sticky stuff on one of the nightstand tops. I don't see myself paying full price for this 4 star hotel-- was most impressed that it was a landmark building. I would go there again, though.
3 night trip Dec 24, 2015
Aaron
"Loud, pet friendly hotel"
Bed was very uncomfortable. Room needed maintenance work. Pet friendly equals dogs barking and the staff not addressing the issue. The shower stall had no door so water poured onto the floor. Overall, not impressed. Just because it's Hard Rock doesn't mean they can slack off.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
Jen
"Great Hotel!"
Fabulous room with city views, close to all, it was great. No complaints
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
"Breathtaking view......"
Surprised my husband with staying at your hotel, he LOVED it
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2015
"Nothing better in a hotel than MUSIC everywhere!"
Great hotel in a great area. Short walking distance from everything. Recommend Giordiano's pizza right down the block!
3 night trip Nov 12, 2015
"Decent"
Decent hotel for the price. Walls seem paper thin, heard everything the people next to us were saying which was kind of annoying. It seems like the Hard Rock does not do "complementary" anything. Everything has a surcharge to it which was very disappointing. I guess the good thing is we didn't spend much time in the hotel with all the sightseeing and shops all around. If we did have to spend more time in the hotel, I'd probably rate it lower to be honest.
3 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
We stayed when the weather was hot in Chicago in December, and we could not change the A/C to cool. Other than that, it was a great place to stay.
3 night romance trip Dec 10, 2015
Wesley
"Room very noisy"
We only stayed for a night, so we can't say much. The room is comfortable, with two kind size beds. The bathroom is also nice. The problem was the noise, we could hear everything that was going on on the hall - people talking, walking in their rooms.. We could hear a lot from the street too, and our room was in the 10th floor.
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Loved it will be back again
Nate
"Don't let the pictures fool you"
The only thing we liked was the lobby and the staff. The room was in bad shape. The nightstand was broken, and there was duct tape holding the carpet down in the bathroom doorway. The bathroom made loud noises when the water was. We were very dissatisfied with the room.
Christopher
"Not my 1st option"
Batender and waiters not very friendly. Lack of interest and very poor service. Local and long distance calls is a ripoff!
2 night business trip Dec 9, 2015
Jose Carlos
"Good place to stay!"
It was nice and safe. The location was great and this hotel has a good restaurant called Chucks. The hotel staff were excellent especially the check in staff and the concierge! However, to me a lot of expensive hotels could really use some cosmetic upgrades. It's the little things like a metal stain on a mirror or cracked tiles, other than that this hotel is safe, clean and a nice place to stay.
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
DeVona Smith
"Missed the mark by noisy pipes"
A couple things went wrong with stay; the most annoying was that the pipes started to bang in the heat return at 6am. This was the first time my husband and I had been away for so long and I was woken up by the loud banging that lasted almost a minute. The computer light next to the bed was on all night. I finally thought to cover it with a dark sweater. The water was "warm" and couldn't get hot and with the spacious tub shower, I was freezing. And finally, would take 3 times to completely flush the toilet. Not what I was expecting for $300.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Everything was great especially the staff! They were extremely nice and helpful!
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Evan
The a/c is not working and it was extremely warm in our room
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
Wayne
"Fun time"
Great location!
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2015
Good location. Hotel room had lots of space. Large bathroom.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Mekeba
The rooms were horrifically dirty- the shower was disgusting. They sent housekeeping and she said "i can't clean that"
3 night business trip Nov 10, 2015
Matthieu
For the price, the bathroom needed to be totally redone. Shower was a mess and shower was worse than a one star hotel! Sink leaked, toilet ran and pipes leaked. They did fix the toilet.
2 night trip Nov 13, 2015
"Awesome!!!"
I had a wonderful time. The bed was amazing, it was like sleeping on a cloud.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2015
shanta
"Comfortable, good location"
Good locación
1 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
Perfect location in the city and a very comfortable stay! We will be back.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2015
Kimberly
"First time stay in Chicago"
A quick weekend getaway. Great Hotel with professional staff and valet parking. Safe neighborhood. Close to everything on my to-do list.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2015
"Shame on The Hard Rock and Shame on Hotels.com"
The Room Itself -SMALL ROOM!!! San Francisco Small! -cabinets (what little there were) are old. Doors don't even close easily. -fridge in the room(consumes 1/3 of your cabinet space) is only for items they want you to buy. -Overall, I felt like all the furniture was old and wore out -TV system was aweful. No "Guide" to scroll through. -No Free Wifi! WHAT?!!? I just paid $600 for 2 nights' stay, and they can't even throw in a Wifi code??!!? -Coffee machine in the room but no sugar or creamer. For that you have to call down and have room service bring you something. I was charged $18 for 3 cups of creamer! Lobby and Parking: -$65 per night to valet the car. I watched them take my car and park it in the $18 per night lot a few doors down. -Lobby Staff is a joke. Gave up on waiting for the bell hop to come to my room when it was time to check out. I lugged my cases down on my own. Extra Charges -$150 mysteriously charged to my Visa card. The receipt you get under your door doesn't spell out these additional charges. Just a note at the bottom saying something like, "you're good to go. If you don't need us for anything at the front desk, you're free to leave without stopping on your way out." Wonderful.
2 night romance trip Nov 5, 2015
david
"Nice hotel in the loop"
Overall a great experience. Hotel staff is very helpful and friendly. Housekeeping is top notch. Always asking when we were leaving and if we needed anything. Only complaint is that the heating/air in the hotel is difficult to regulate. Was sweltering in my room. Called to get a fan and they said to open the window. Also no free wi-fi! Cost $40 for 3 days!
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
lena
Not a fan of the "touch the chips you'll be charged" location.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
Ami
"Perfect location, fun adventure"
My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary, rather unexpectedly, and we had a blast. I would not have ever thought to book at the Hard Rock Hotel, as I usually for so subtler atmospheres, but I'm so glad we did! I do wish I'd taken the name of the man at the front desk who helped us so I could thank him - he was fantastic and made our anniversary into more of an adventure with a room upgrade and tips on the Picks program. Room was fun, unexpected, with candelabras and such, and somehow, it felt like a place an actual rock star would stay.
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
2 years
"Todo much noise"
Too much noise when You are resting in your room.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
"Nice Chicago Hotel"
Everything about the hotel was good. Nothing was great, but overall good for the price.
Response by Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Thanks for reviewing us, George, we appreciate you taking the time out to share! How about renting a free Fender guitar for your stay? That is pretty great. Or 30+ floors with authentic memorabilia from artists such as Prince, Tina Turner, Cheap Trick, The Beatles and more? Also pretty great! Truly though, we hope we get the chance to have you back sometime soon to turn that good into great!
Other trip Oct 22, 2015