All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
230 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60601, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Quite clean
    Bad internet service
"Hardrock chicago"
Very nice room. The views are amazing. The only issue with the room was the bathroom. Could of been cleaner, sink and toilet didnt drain properly, and would back up for no reason. Other than that, great place to stay
Response by Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Jake, Thanks so much for sharing this experience with us. We're so sorry the bathrooms were below our standard level of service. We really appreciate your even handed feedback in spite of our misstep. We really do hope we get a chance to have you back sometime soon!
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
jake
"Just average"
Nothing special. The room with king-sized bed was spacious, but the seating options were less than desirable. One awkward leather lounger and one desk chair. Limited TV stations. When we pay this much for a hotel room, we like to be able to spend some time in it. It is in a beautiful historic building, but you would never know it when you walk through the door.
Response by Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback with us. Perhaps we could have you on one of our historic floors for your next stay, to be able to take in more of our landmark building. We encourage you to explore the floors as well. Outside of each elevator bank, you'll find memorabilia from artists like Elvis, Bob Dylan, Elton John, Prince, Madonna, and many more.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
906Traveler
Great
3 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2015
Max
"Good hotel loation"
Location of hotel is right on Michigan Ave. in downtown Chicago. Easy access to everything you need in the city. Hotel was not as clean as I would've thought it would be for a 4-star rating. Bathroom was dirty especially in the shower. Poor lighting in the room as well.
Response by Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Thanks very much for taking the time out for us. We're very sorry that the bathroom was not up to the standards you should expect, and we strive for. Our housekeeping team has been notified of this to help ensure we redouble our efforts in bringing you a great stay all around.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
"Nice hotel in center of city"
Stayed for business, nice corner room, clean and quiet. Good central location. Staff was nice and room service was good. Used the gym which was larger than I expected.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
"Nice hotel close to everything!"
Great hotel and was very centralized to all the great places to visit in downtown Chicago
Response by Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Thanks for taking the time out for us to share your feedback, Shayla! We appreciate it and the kind words!
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Shayla
Everyone was so friendly and helpful
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
"not a rocking place"
over priced for size, no wifi,
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
julie
"Disappointed!"
Very disappointed with the room! Bathroom needs updated and shower lacked good cleaning. Really expected a better feel overall as I have stayed in different Hard Rock Hotels. Lobby area needs help too...not a welcoming feel!!
3 night family trip Oct 15, 2015
"Very bad"
Horrible place to stay Phones didn't work and front desk was rude and not responsive.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2015
Jack
"Great location, but worn and tired interior!"
Great location, which would make it worth the price. Rooms are very worn - drapes are ragged and torn. There has been an effort to make the rooms look updated with pillows, but the hallways, ice machines, hotel décor and bathroom fixtures are very old and well-worn. If you will be out and about and don't have to stay in the room very long, this is an ideal location for museums to the south and shopping/theatre to the north. Very expensive normally, but hotels.com makes it affordable.
3 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
Cynthia
went for the marathon, stayed at your hotel because it was close to the park and it was a great experience. The service was excellent!!
Response by Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Well thank you so much Rozanne! We're so happy to have found a fan in you. That's fantastic that you had a great experience with us... cheers to many more in the future! Hope the Marathon went well for you!
3 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
Rozanne
"Convenient and surprisingly quiet"
I stayed here before and after the Chicago Marathon because it was close to the race start and because I was able to get a decent rate. First the good: the room was surprisingly quiet, despite the hotel's location on Michigan Avenue and the fact that it was booked solid with runners and guests. The room was clean and the bed, comfortable. So overall, I liked the hotel. BUT: what needs work: 1) The safe was broken so it couldn't be locked, and did not stay closed; 2) the cabinet door to the mini-fridge also did not stay closed. 3) I would have preferred more light in the room, especially because 4) there was no view to speak of - my room was on the 4th floor, and the window looked onto the roof of the neighboring building and was surrounded by other taller buildings - I kept the shades closed the entire time I was there because otherwise it would have been easy for a lot of people to look right into the room. 5) Finally, I called room service the night before to pre-order, but they ended up delivering 20 minutes later than requested. And one nit - I like the iPad next to the bed, but it is impossible to make it completely dark, so there was an eerie glow in the room at night.
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
Lori
"Great location & Service - THANK YOU ZACH"
The service here was unbelievable! Zach at the front was THE BEST! I booked this room through hotels.com and the staff accommodated an upgrade, amazing service, free wi-fi and even provided fresh fruit and bottled water! I would stay here again in a heartbeat! The room was also very comfortable and big!
2 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
amy
"Chicago Tourist Favorite!"
The ideal location for the tourist! It is located right near the river walk, the Bean, and a nice walk to 360 CHICAGO.
3 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Kathryn
"Do not stay here if you have children with you"
I stayed at this hotel with my family (husband and 14 month old) when I was in town for a work conference. Housekeeping did not clean the rooms until very late in the day. Our neighbors were extremely loud and partied until very late in the evening (3 a.m.). Because I had my baby with me, we had an in-room fridge with milk and organic snacks for him in our original room. While the hotel did move us to a quieter room when we asked, even after I specifically asked them to bring the food that I had for my baby in the in-room fridge to the new room, it was not there when we arrived in the new room. 2 hours later my baby's food was delivered in a plastic bag, luke warm, with several items missing. The hotel also was completely unresponsive when I realized that I had accidentally left a few articles of clothing in our old room, they did not return my calls and have not offered any assistance with the missing items. Not a great experience.
4 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
Rebecca
"Chicago Rocks!"
The hotel is in a wonderful location. We were surprise how nice the rooms were. Also, staff was wonderful? They were very courteous and accommodating. The concierge gave us very good advice as far as what to do and the local restaurants. We had a great time and would definitely stay there again when we are in Chicago.
4 night family trip Oct 1, 2015
"Living on their laurels and not living up to stand"
The room was tiny, we had two queens instead of the king bed requested. The picture was missing from the wall, the curtain was hanging off its hooks, the shade wouldn't go all the way down, the I-Pad never was fixed, the makeup mirror light was not working. Get the picture. Housekeeping was wonderful, but this is a very poorly managed hotel. When they replaced the picture it was one out of a horror movie with a funny eyeball staring at you out of one eye.
3 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
Ann Marie
"Great location and service"
Could use more lighting in hallways and room.
5 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
Arturo
Awesome location! Beautiful hotel, was a little loud at times (stayed on the 7th floor), room got really hot a few times during the night. Staff was super friendly and helpful.
3 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"Would use again"
Went for family visit, hotel was very nice at a great price. Good area, easy to walk to most places. Would highly recommend.
3 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
Eugene
"Hard Rock Michigan Ave"
Hotel was in a great location, it is right by the river and close to the parks. We stayed high up in the tower so we had a great view of the river and the various skyscrapers. Room was cleaned everyday but one. We never ordered room service or needed anything extra, but we did receive free WIFI for our stay which was very nice. Magnificent Mile is just across the river and there are tons of restaurants. The 'L' train is just a few blocks away and took us wherever we wanted to go. Overall the hotel fit our needs, but we aren't a very demanding couple so we didn't test them too much. The only negative thing about this hotel was that the elevators specifically for the tower rooms seemed to take forever to arrive to take us up.
9 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Stacy
"Not Again"
My wife and I visit Chicago about five times a year and book through Hotels.com. The Hard Rock was very disapointing because of the room cleanliness (dust in every corner, bathroon tub dirty and some mold in corners)Our room was in the tower and there was nothing special about it and was very drab.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Bruce
"Poor choice"
Rude employees , the room also wasn't ready on time I had to wait two hours in order to clean the room
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2015
mohsen
"Convenient Downtown Hotel"
Great location for those with business or other events downtown. Close to Magnificent Mile and other attractions, great restaurants, all within walking distance. Bed was great; sofa average; desk and chair- average check-in process was cumbersome- even though I checked in after 8 p.m., they had computer issues such that my room could not be released to me without mgr. involvement, so I had to wait...better check-ins at places that cost half as much. room temp - well maintained, comfortable
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
T. T.
The hotel was great just very over priced.
4 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
Expected a little more for the money spent. Candy wrappers on the floor under the desk, toilet was dirty (some substance floating in it), and the room had an odd smell? House keeping knocked on the door as they entered, I was coming out of the bathroom and was a bit surprised. No apology, they just disappeared. Very nice location, great desk and door people, should have been cleaner.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2015
"My belly full but i hungry."
A continental breakfast offering would have been nice.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
"Just fin, but don't expect to use elevator"
The room was fine, the price was ok, and the neighborhood was great. But the elevators were terrible. We waited for more than 10 minutes for one, and then decided to use the stairs.
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
"Way too pricey for what you get"
The elevators did not work, the bathroom was dirty, shower gel was half used and toilet did not work
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2015
"Good place to stay in Chicago"
Great location to take in the city of Chicago. Walking distance to all major sites . Hotel room was clean and tastefully decorated, the bed was super comfy . Our A/C wasn't great but it is an historic building so to be expected. The sirens that went all night weren't pleasant but I guess that is big city sounds that I am not used too. Would definitely stay again
5 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
Staff went out of their way for us during a bad storm
1 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
Kimberly
"Great location in a classic space"
Classic Chicago styling with historic roots. Each floor has a different theme, the 15th floor is Elvis, and if you pay for a city view you will be and to see the park or the river depending. We had single king sized bed and plenty of space for our luggage. The shower was rather boring and outdated in my opinion. Overall it was great.
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
Quade
"Bad checkout experience but otherwise good."
I liked most everything about this place except the check out experience and the pillows. When I checked out, they ran my card for incidentals that even the clerk acknowledged were not supposed to be on my bill. Also, they told me that my card wasn't being accepted even after I physically showed them that it had already been charged. Once again, they could not explain this and had to "refund" my pending payment and then proceeded to charge me again using 2 separate transactions. I explained that perhaps my card wasn't being accepted because suddenly there's a surge of refunds and transactions from their hotel and my card issuer is getting some red flags. The clerk said she didn't know (which I believe) but seemed as confused as I was about mystery incidentals and charges. The icing on the cake was that the guest next to me was experiencing similar problems. It truly left a sour taste in my mouth. That and the pillows are less than satisfactory but I could live with that. Other than the checkout, I liked the place and the location. Just be attentive to your bill and what they charge when you check out.
4 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
first time visit to Chicago. Great location and wonderful staff
2 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
Rhonda
Hotel was not worth the price. Thought there'd be more rock and roll memorabilia in the rooms. Wi-Fi was only in the lobby unless you paid for it, which was an extra $25. Lobby Was dark and gloomy. On the plus side, staff was very friendly and location was convenient.
2 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Darcy
"I'd stay again!"
Hotel service was fantastic. Thank you bellman for all the transportation arrangements. Food at the restaurant was great. Great location.
2 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
kari
"Great location, nice hotel, valet not recommended"
Very nice room in a vintage building on Michigan Ave., close to Millennium Park and the Chicago River. Close to the red line and blue line trains. Cleaning service was the best, the housekeeper asked us what we needed everyday. The only thing that disappointed me was my iPod car adapter was missing from my car after I had valeted it for two days. The car's armrest had been rifled through since the contents were scattered on the floor. I had nothing else of major value in my car but how sad is it that for the $65 a day it took to valet my car at the Hard Rock that it would not be safe. I filed an incident report but I have not been reimbursed for the theft. If you do decide to valet your car at the Hard Rock Hotel, do not leave anything in your car that you want to keep, valuable or not valuable, no matter how insignificant it might seem.
3 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2015
Denise
"Will never make this mistake again"
Double charged for this stay! Would only refund a portion. Not entire charge. Mini bar motion activated. Don't breathe too hard. Wi fi charge way too much when in addition to charge of stay.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
noelle
"Great location. Helpful staff. Comfortable stay."
The hotel was near everything. Not right near all of the shopping on Michigan Ave. but close enough where you're not near all the crowds. Right near the Trump which is good for a drink. Staff was helpful and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
B
"Great spot"
Great place. Amazing upgrade without asking for it. Great location for my meetings. The valet charge is $65 which seems outrageous but also in line for other hotels in the area.
4 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
joel
"HARD ROCK HOTEL, CHICAGO A ROCKING STAY!!"
BEAUTIFUL HOTEL!!! PERFECT LOCATION--JUST A COUPLE OF BLOCKS FROM THE "L" TRAIN AND WALKING DISTANCE TO THE MIRACLE MILE. THEY ALSO HAVE A WONDERFUL REGGAE RESTAURANT THAT HAD A LIVE BAND PLAYING FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT DURING OUR STAY.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Karissa
"Business Trip"
Hallways are a little dark for my taste.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
Deborah
The valet is expensive and inconvenient.
2 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2015
Shyla
"Great location!"
We love the location of the Hard Rock Hotel for our Chicago vacations. The staff is very friendly and the room was very comfortable. We'll definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
Jeffrey
"Super cool hotel !!!"
I love this hotel. There is a ping-pong table in the lobby. How cool is that. All the floors have rock 'n' roll theme. It's like staying at the rock & roll Hall of Fame. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. And when the staff heard that I was a diehard cheap trick fan,they quickly move me to the cheap trick floor. I can't wait for my next trip to Chicago so I can stay there again.
3 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
grace
"Comfortable stay"
Enjoyable. I did not use the amenities much because I did not have time. It was pleasant for the most part.
4 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
"Nice hotel with great location"
The rooms are very nice with newer furniture and technology. Very close to restaurants and night life.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
"Cool Hotel"
Fantastic location. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The bar was a bit pricey but great drinks.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015