All hotels in Ocho Rios, Jamaica
66 James Ave, Ocho Rios, Saint Ann, Jamaica, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
This is an older hotel but has a great sea view from the room. GOOD diving opposite hotel and many boats come this spot during day.
2 night trip Aug 13, 2012
"Dissapointed"
The staff was not very friendly. The room needed some repairs, but was comfortable. The view was great. No ice machine or any place at the hotel to get ice. Close to shopping. I would not stay here again.
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2012

"I would stay there again"
My stay @ silver seas was comfortable the food was good the rooms were big with a huge veranda overlooking the sea. If your a true lover of jamaica then you will know that the splendour of the bigger more expensive hotels is not really necessary. A little place like silvers seas can make for a beautifully quaint stay while your in JA. I would stay there again without a doubt!!!!
7 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
"nice hotel close to downtown and beach"
we were there for one night it was good,it was close to the downtown which is what we were looking for.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Pierre
"It has potential"
It's not a bad place to stay. We didn't try the food there it's a good place to sleep
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Great hotel and staff"
I have stayed at Silver Seas 6 times now and when I arrived two if the staff greeted me with a warm hug. I picked the room I wanted and it was very clean. Staff are great and the location is very good. Restaurant has very good food and we also went out onto the street and found little restaurants with amazing cheap food that is great tasting. Very friendly place. Going back in December.
3 night trip May 13, 2014
Emmy
"It was OK sorry I didn't stay longer"
It was a short and busy time for me don't have much to say but I would go back
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"Close to beach nice view very old need fixing"
I think me and my girlfriend pay too much for the hotel since it is poorly maintain my back was sort from the sagging mattress. Paper tissue holder is falling apart it is scary to even leave your belonging since it is poorly secure. A little fridge and microwave will be nice to have but it is nice to relax bec it is quiet.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
caren
"Not the best"
Disrespectful and unfriendly front desk staff. Bathroom ceiling filled with cobwebs. Door latches are cheap and unsafe. I felt nervous there the entire time with my children because of the door locks. Ivan the chef was real nice and helpful. Hotel located on the beach but neighborhood isn't the best. Wouldn't stay there again. Rooms are definitely overpriced.
3 night trip Dec 22, 2013
"Charming and original"
This hotel is one of the oldest in Ochi and has all of the charm of its original features. Unlike the resort complexes in the area, it offers a genuine insight into Jamaica life and living. Set back from the roadside the hotel is quite literally on the ocean edge and the views at sunset are outstanding. Donna the bar tender is a god send to the hotel and completely makes up for the rude and grumpy receptionist. She will go the extra mile for you every time recommending the best places to see, get around and eat in the area. The rooms are lovely and the balcony's are huge with the best views around. If you are board of tedious resort hotels that offer the same experience whatever country you are in, I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 12, 2013
"hotel was close to a lot of attractions"
The hotel was very comfortable and clean,but there was a few plumbing issues. The hotel staff were outgoing and friendly. The view from the room was spectacular and I enjoyed the cool breeze that came off the sea.
2 night family trip Mar 23, 2013
"Amazing water view"
Simple room accommodations, but clean and cared for, packed with character, charm and a laid back relaxed Jamaican approach to very good service. We just had to ask, and we were well taken care of each time. The Jamaican food dishes were superbly prepared ... every time. Thank you for two relaxing visits by the sea ...
1 night trip with friends Feb 9, 2013
Sue
"Tha bed was not good"
Tha bad was not good...all tha matlaces was werry old woke up avry morning whit big back pain...tha rest was ok...
6 night trip Feb 9, 2013
An old hotel that is being given a facelift by a very enthusiastic and friendly manageress. Ideal situation at the waters edge.
1 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2013
C.Newton
"Old time charm, convience and outstanding views"
Over-all for the price its ok, but compared to Canada it still would be considered below par, but all in all the ocean views, the character of the hotel itself as it is quite dated, and the staff are all charming. A two minute walk to downtown Ocho Rios so it is quite convenient to shop the local markets etc. I was very impressed by the cook as he takes pride in what he cooks and is very personable, not to say that the rest of the staff don't deserve notice as all try to be very friendly and accomadating. Extended my stay so that says it all.
4 night trip Jan 3, 2013
Stu
"old and run down"
very old and run down. poor part of town. recommended not to go out at night.
Other trip Dec 5, 2012

"Localização fantástica"
A localização é fantastica, só que esta precisando dum upgrade Está de frente p/ o mar num excelente ponto p/ snorkel, e esta no meio da muvuca de Jamaica , no Centro
2 night romance trip Apr 13, 2015
Felipe
BR
"Elendigt"
Elendigt og total nedslidt hotel, belliggende i "ghetto" lignende område, selv personalet frarådte os at gå uden for hotellets område. Ingen ting syntes at blive gjordt rent på dette hotel. Beskidte værelser, senge er kun fjedre og et lagen, poolområde er beskidt, nedslidt og delvist lukket. Wi-fi virker kun i et lille begrænset område i receptionen. Personalet virker fuldstændig fraværende, bla. sidder der en mand med et keybord i poolområdet og spiller amazing grace på repeat hele dagen. Hvis det var muligt ville jeg give karakteren 0 på alle parametre. Kort og godt hold jer langt væk herfra.
5 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Morten
DK
"Välanvänt men grymt läge"
Gammalt hotell men ligger perfekt, nära till allt, bra kock & trevlig personal. Vilken utsikt!
6 night family trip Jan 15, 2015
Kristian
SE
"Ocho Rios ett par nätter"
För att bo i "stan" och ändå ha gångavstånd till beach är detta ett bra läge. Hotellet var något slitetmen höll ändå någon form av bra standard. Det gick nästan att känna att hotellet varit väldigt stiligt under sin storhetstid. Personalen var vänlig och hjälpsam, både i städ bar och reception.
3 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Malin
SE
"Geweldige hotel in ocho dios"
Ik heb helaas de Chikungunya opgelopen dus heb weinig van Ocho Rios kunnen zien maar des te meer van het hotel. Ze zijn heel behulpzaam geweest en heel lief voor mij. Het hotel is echt een aanrader en kamer 215 heeft een heel mooi balkon, echt geweldig. Het ontbijt vind ik wat minder had wat internationaler gemogen maar verder echt geweldig mooi.
3 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
amanda
NL
"genial"
sehr schönes hotel mit meeresblick! entspannung PUR!!
3 night trip Sep 22, 2014
bljerim
CH
"Genuine Ocho Rios"
We were very positively surprised by Silver Seas hotel. We had no expectations when booking, and found ourself arriving at a nice, classic hotell with the friendliest staff. Overlooking the sea whilst still being close to the city pulse. This hotel which likely had it's grand period in the 60s, still keeps its charm and you may feel the turning of time when sitting on the porch.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Sämsta jag upplevt!"
Fruktansvärt hotell! Dåligt läge,ingen service och framför allt riktigt dålig standard.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2013
Nina
SE
Hotêl agréable où nous avons passés 2 nuits. Le personnel est sympa. Nous avions une chambre à l'étage avec une vue magnifique sur la mer. La chambre était propre et spacieuse avec 2 lits. L'hôtel est à deux pas du centre ville d'Ocho Rios (place de l'horloge) du marché local et de toutes commodités. On se déplace aisément à pied. Il n'est pas dans la partie plus touristique mais pas loin non plus (10min à pied). L’hôtel est très très calme et c'est vrai qu il peut paraître un peu "mort" mais cela ne nous a pas dérangé car nous y étions que pour dormir.
2 night trip Apr 1, 2013
JulNess
FR
"El precio es muy accesible"
La estancia fue placentera, la hospitalidad de los del hotel es muy buena, el servicio del restaurante tambien es bueno, la zona costera en la que está ubicada tiene un mar tranquilo y si buscas snorkel, justo frente del hotel a unos 55 metros de la orilla se encuentra el mejor fondo marino y arrecife...si me volvería a hospedar allí, las habitaciones son grandes y las de planta alta cuentan con balcon que tienen una excelente vista.
3 night family trip Aug 19, 2012
2 night romance trip Dec 21, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Silver Seas Resort Hotel

"My Getaway"
07/27/15 Brooklyn B Houston, Texas
Yes the hotel is a bit dated but the rooms are huge and I slept like a baby in those beds. I will say I go to Ocho Rios often to see the love of my life. I love the location, if you want a local experience then this is the place for you. I am a black American woman who loves the Jamaican culture and experience. I love that the hotel is located in the heart of Ochi..... there are supermarkets and Mother's right across the street. In the hotel there is a cook and a nice bar. Each room has the ocean view rooms and it was a lovely stay. I will be staying there in October when I go back.
"Its ok,"
06/02/15 Steve E
The place does have potential. Its does need some investors to renovate. The rooms are clean. The beds/ mattress do needs to be replace, they are warned out. Some of the staff does need to culture them Self to customer Service, but they are not rude. If you ask you shall receive, Ivan was our bar tender and cook we ask for certain plates/dishes that are not on the menu and he made it happen and not to much on the breakfast menu but the food was good. The Hotel has a beautiful view of the sea. The pool was always clean. So was our room services. The hotel is close by to everything. There was also a tour guide on duty at all times which you could haggle for a deal to some places. I would return if they will upgrade or renovate the place.
"What A Mistake!"
05/23/15 Paul D Andover, United Kingdom
Me and my daughter spent the night here, and I was really thinking of leaving and travelling to my mum's. We just didn't feel safe in our room cause the place was so accessible to anybody, our room had a dodgy lock so I had to put a chair behind the door not that it would make any difference. I tried to get in the sea at 3 different steps and all 3 were terrible and totally unsafe, I even step on a sea urchin on one of the steps. This hotel really needs a massive investment if not close it.
"AVERAGE"
05/18/15 s s Toronto, Canada
OK for basic needs! Sheets worn out, drainage poor, tub fills up when you shower, but if you are looking somewhere just to rest your head and you don't really care it's ok. Went to eat in the dining room, nothing much available on menu in the middle of the day, then when we did decided we waited and waited, only one person was on duty. us. It has potential, they just need a little upgrade and customer service skills.
"NOT EXCEPTIONAL"
03/31/15 Shantaneous Kingston, Jamaica
Went there last november with my fiance. Our room was really far from the lobby but silent, the rooms needed renovation and the AC made a horrible noise all night long ! Wasn't enthised by their food so we went into the town to get food. The beach wasn't all that beachy if u cant swim DO NOT GO IN THAT WATER.
"A lovely stay, thanks to Silver Seas' shining star...."
03/24/15 157kiwiann Auckland, New Zealand
This was a delightful mix of surprises. A rather tired grand hotel, but spacious and clean, right on the waterfront. What made my stay so good though, was from the start, the lovely Donna. From a welcoming comment when I booked by phone, to all sorts of help during my stay...she really made it a memorable event, almost single-handedly. Her greeting, her care beyond the call of duty all made Silver Seas a place that I would recommend. Thank you Donna.
"Horrible"
02/23/15 Lee Ann N
This place SUCKS. Don't go here! We stayed 1 week , ONLY b/c we had paid in advance online! The staff was very rude. The hotel is a "Has been", back in 1940. NOTHING has been updated since!! There are No phones in the rooms, No internet, No clocks! the hotel manager said we are only allowed ONE towel per day!. We were caught in a rain storm & they wouldn't give us any towels! The bar area is run down. The pool was tiny, OLD, had cracks everywhere. They were out of Everything we tried to order on the menu. The sheets didn't fit the OLD OLD beds that were very uncomfortable. Bathroom was in need of an extreme update! The pipes were old & ready to explode. Smelled bad.
"LOVE this place"
02/20/15 emdKelly Moose Jaw, Canada
I always enjoy staying here at Silver Seas, I almost dont want to write anything good so that its not all booked up when I want to come and stay here. I have got some nice deals on the rooms paying with local money and staying out of season. The rooms are HUGE and lovely, the veranda is amazing and the view is the best ever...so peaceful and relaxing. free wifi in the lobby. pool is nice and there is a resturant and bar although i have not used either. I always enjoy at least one night here when Im home in Ochi. thank you for always having a room for me
"Value for Money"
01/21/15 Brunski1 Antwerp, Belgium
Large rooms that reminds of the colonial grandeur... A fantastic location in the center of town. Staff that makes you feel like you are the owner of the place. And a bar ! What a bar! It's been in good hands, all those years, with the Mc Kay Family of Wisconsin....(is it still?). What I can say : I've spent about 1000 days at that bar (call me a rummy - I don't care) between 1990 and 2000, and recently checked it out. I Approve of this place!
"Not good"
01/21/15 J F Kingston, Jamaica
I went into this visit having read many reviews and feeling well prepared for what we would find. My expectations were low for the price, but our experience was worse than I anticipated. The view was great, but the sheets didn't fit the mattresses, water in the tub was ankle deep by the end of my shower, the smell of marijuana was everywhere, the beach was virtually non-existent, and the housekeeping staff got into a loud fight just outside our room. You had to give the front desk a deposit for pool towels or for a remote for the ancient TVs, and there wasn't even an alarm clock in the room. And I never could pick up the wireless signal, even in the lobby. Donna, the bar manager, was great. But otherwise, it wasn't worth the price for us. It might be good for people who are expecting a hostel type environment and want to go snorkeling.