All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad breakfast
"Boutique hotel in the heart of Boston"
We stayed at the Onyx on July 4th. The hotel was conveniently located near the North End, which worked out perfect for us, since we were having dinner in that area. Upon arrival, they were hosting their evening wine reception, and the staff poured us each a glass of wine while we check in. Our room was at the corner on a higher floor, which even though it's near the elevator, it was fairly quiet. The room was clean, a bit on the small side, but appeared to be in very new condition. The only complaint I have was one of the two elevators was out of order, so it took awhile for us to get up and down; otherwise, our stay was perfect. They are very pet-friendly too, as we talked to some other guests that have 2 Frenchies with them. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm so glad that the Onyx was a perfect fit for you. I'm so sorry about the elevator situation. Machines always seem to pick the worst times for a tune up. Come back and see us soon! Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager jessica.lavin@onyxhotel.com
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
NJ Travelbug
"my Boston stay"
good hotel. Parking is way too pricey!!!
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I hope you'll come back to Boston soon. Best Wishes, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager
4 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
Stephen M
"Would pick this one again!!"
Another great Kimpton hotel! They have a way of making older properties very classy. Attentive and generous staff. Location is great for sightseeing. Lots of stuff in walking distance. The Ruby Room is great for a nightcap (or a drunken bite to eat!)
2 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Nice room. Good location if going to TD Garden.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for staying with us and giving us your feedback. Best, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager jessica.lavin@onyxhotel.com
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Great Personal Service"
Wonderful hotel in close proximity to historical district. The staff went out of their way to make everything special and accommodate us. They sent us a bottle of champagne for our anniversary along with a personalized note, and found a box fan to help my wife sleep better. Great morning coffee, and the wine in the evening was nice too.
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Not outstanding but a good hotel in a great location.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Best Wishes, Jessica Lavin
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Boston weekend"
We had a really nice stay at The Onyx. We found the mattresses to be a bit soft (but that's our taste). The room was on the small side, but certainly adequate for what we needed. My one comment (and most hotels don't have this). There is never enough hooks in the bathroom. One hook is not enough for 2 people staying in a room, especially for several days. The staff was very helpful and gave us restaurant suggestions and places to see. They even printed us walking directions. We enjoyed renting the bikes that the hotel offered also. The wine reception each nice is a nice touch too. Lots of fun. It was in a good location especially if you are interested in the north end.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I love hearing that our guests took full advantage of all our extra perks! Best Wishes, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager jessica.lavin@onyxhotel.comj
3 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Great place to stay in Boston!"
I was in town for a few days for business. It was a very comfortable hotel and everyone working there was very nice. There were close places to eat and a great breakfast in the hotel (for an extra cost).
3 night business trip May 31, 2015
Pauline
"Perfect couple's vaca spot"
We loved this boutique hotel! They arranged a bucket of beer and cupcakes for my husband's birthday on our arrival. The staff was great and very helpful and attentive. Rooms were clean, comfortable and decorated fun. Onyx was exactly what you expect when you hear "boutique hotel."
4 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Natasha
"In town for business"
In town for business, This hotel is excellent and the service was outstanding. the restaurants attached to this hotel are first class. I would highly recommend not only this hotel but this chain.
Other trip May 5, 2015
kent
"Eric Church in my Favorite City!"
This was probably the best stay in a hotel ever, and I travel a lot. A wine reception nightly. They left wine and cupcakes in my room for my birthday. Incredibly accomodating! Close to everything! Just absolutely wonderful! Every trip I make to Boston this will be where I stay!
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hi Abby - I hope the Onyx is now you're favorite hotel in your favorite city! Safe Travels - Jessica
3 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
Abby
"Great Hotel near the Garden & North End"
Great Boutique Hotel. I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our proximity to TD Garden. Best, Michal
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Going the extra mile..."
We were in town for the Boston Marathon. The staff went over and above to make us feel welcome in the city. After the race on Monday, they even set aside a room for the runners who had checked out to shower and warm up before departing the city. Fabulous overall stay!
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the great review! I hope you enjoyed the Marathon, and if you were running, Congratulations!
3 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"Thumbs up!"
We thought the decor was stunning and the staff very friendly and helpful.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much! We too love the décor of the hotel, it is newly renovated. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"FROZEN FOUR WEEKEND"
GREAT PLSCE TO STAY, THE LOCATION IS PERECT AND YOU CAN WALK ANYWHERE.SCIENCE MUSEUM, QUINCY MARKET , NORTH END, WANG THESATER. A BIT PRICEY BUT IF YOU LOOK AROUND, THE KIMPTON WEBSITE WILL TRY TO MET ANY PRICE YU SEE ON LINE. FREE WNE PARTY, NICE BREAKFAST, NOT FREE.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
SHERRY
"Weekend getaway"
Freindly staff, conveniently located, clean
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the review, I am glad you had a great time with us! Sincerely, Michal
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Fadric
Awesome hotel with great staff. Great hotel in fantastic location. Excellent everything.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Great place to stay after date night in the city."
A great place to stay when going to a game at the Garden. Nice, boutique style hotel where dogs are allowed. Cute how they put the names of the dogs staying there on a board in the lobby. Great place for a night cap in the lobby bar. Room is clean and modern with a comfortable bed and decent bathroom. Highly recommend.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, it's great to hear you enjoyed our hotel! Best, Michal
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Excellent Stay"
Excellent concierge!
Thank you! Glad you were able to utilize the concierge services! Best, Michal
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Sara
"Excellent Sta at Onyx and Location to Garden"
Went to Bruins game (from Maine, via train to North Station/Garden) with older in-laws with health/mobility issues. The short walk to/from The Garden was so easy and location is central to all the local pubs and restaurants, so couldn't have asked for more. Front desk staff were very friendly, entire place was clean. Rooms were on small side, but that's normal for a city hotel and I wouldn't downgrade my rating because of. Nice bathrooms, look like recently renovated. TV was new and bed was comfy. My room had a great street-view as well. Great trip, worth the money and I know I'll go back again !
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the great review! I am so happy you had a wonderful time with us and hope you enjoyed the Bruins game as well. Best, Michal
1 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"Excellent stay!!!"
Great rooms and staff. Awesome location very close to TD Garden and awesome restaurants nearby.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for the 5 star review, I am glad our location worked out great for you! Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
"Not worth $300 a night."
The location to TD Garden is the reason we chose the hotel; however, for $300+ per night is it too much to ask to have a coffee maker in the room? I am a person who wants coffee before I shower and go to breakfast. So at this hotel, I have to get dressed to go to the lobby to get my first cup of coffee. No, that's just wrong. Also, worst valet service ever. They need to hire extra valets. We waited 45 minutes to get our car.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, we always hope our guests have an exceptional experience. While we don't have coffee machines in every room, upon request we place coffee machines with plenty of coffee and tea in a room, whether in advance of your arrival or after you arrive. I hope you choose to give us another opportunity to show you we can do better. Sincerely, Michal
1 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
Cynthia
"Pretty good"
Rooms are nice but if you are looking for no noise this is not for you. No sound dampening so you hear all the street and hallway noise. Buffet is pricey and not worth it in my opinion. It is still a nice hotel.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"One nite stay"
We were not able to take full advantage of all the hotel has to offer as we only stayed one night but the staff was very friendly, the room was very comfortable and quiet, and the location was perfect for our needs. We were able to walk to every venue we wanted to get to. We payed a pretty penny for the location but as it rained the entire time we were there, it was well worth it.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I hope you choose to return to us and hopefully take advantage of some of the amenities we have to offer. Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Deborah
"excellent hotel and value"
Small and intimate. Staff very courteous and helpful. Great location for events at TD Garden.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you very much, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Vicki
Very nice hotel. Rooms a little tight but that's to be expected in the city.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your comments and the nice review! Sincerely, Michal
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Perfect for Arena Sports Fans"
It was literally 2 blocks from the Gardens and right downtown near lots of food places. The evening wine happy hour was a nice touch!
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, Thanks for the great review! I am glad that our location worked well for you and that you were able to join us for wine hour! Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
"Onyx Hotel - near TD Garden"
Not much bad to say about the Onyx hotel. It's a nice property located just down the street from TD Garden. Great location, with lots of convenient restaurants and shops. Front desk staff could not be any nicer. They are courteous and very helpful. Rooms are well stocked and comfortable and room service does a good job. My only warning to you is that if you valet a car, be sure to call the desk at least 30 minutes before you actually need your car, as it takes a very long time to get your car from valet. The Onyx is a good choice and a decent value.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the candid review, it was great to read that overall you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. Regarding your comment about valet, we do typically quote to call ahead 20-30 minutes prior to your departure so it provides us enough time to retrieve your car. Best, Michal
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Vincent
"We will be back"
Best hotel to stay at near TD Garden. Stones throw away with delux accomadations. We will be back.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the review - great to here that you enjoyed our location and that you'll be returning to us! Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
Friendly staff, great location and a very clean hotel. The staff allowed us to check in even though we were hours early. And they are dog friendly too.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Boutique hotel in North end, boston"
Pleasant stay, walking distance to restaurants, live music. Nice staff.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Awesome as always!"
Love this hotel, always a great stay. Comfortable boutique feel with friendly staff. Close to lovely North end so very convenient for quaint restaurants.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the great review! It is great to hear that you got a chance to visit the North End, we too love being close to it. Best, Michal
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"Awesome"
It was a wonderful stay. We took our granddaughter for an Ice show. It was extremely convenient to get to TD garden. The employees in the motel were very friendly and made it a point to remember your name and make you feel welcome... I would definitely stay there again
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hi, Thank you for the great review. I hope your granddaughter enjoyed the Disney on Ice show, I heard it was great! Sincerely, Michal
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
marcie
"Nice weekend get away!!"
We started by buying Bruins Tickets but then realized what great food available within minutes. We nt to the aquarium. West End Jonnies is great. Appreciate the fresh water always available. The snow was high but Boston was Strong and we had a Great Time!! Looking forward to doing it again. The rooms at Onyx were Excellent. Comfy Beds, clean hotel, room service and very quiet rooms.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, It was great to read that you had a nice getaway! Looks like you enjoyed several activities in our area, which is always nice to hear. I hope you enjoyed the game. Best, Michal
2 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Girard
"awesome hotel walking distance to TD Garden"
friendly staff, quick check in and out. valet parking was great appreciated
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Fantastic"
Wonderful stay as usual. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Even printed out my bruins tickets and had them waiting at the front desk! Great hotel! My go to every time I'm in town
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for choosing us as your go to hotel, there really isn't a better compliment than that! I hope you had fun at the game and enjoyed your time with us as well. Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Alex
"Great Location for a game at TD Garden"
There was an initial mixup with regard to the availability of valet parking due to the oversize van I was driving (Mercedes Sprinter). I had expected a parking charge of $47 per night but upon arrival I was told that special arrangements would be needed at a cost of $100 per night. I objected as I had made specific mention parking availability for this vehicle when I booked the room. The front desk staff were helpful and eventually made arrangements for parking the vehicle at another hotel. I ended up paying $60 per night but the service was good so I accepted this charge. Other than that, the hotel facility and staff were all terrific. I would stay here again.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Across the road from TD Garden - Walking distance!"
This hotel was one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at. The front desk was very welcoming, curtiuos and helpful. They always had a smile on their faces when we were entering and exiting the Hotel. THe decord in the rooms was very nice, clean and the beds were amazingely comfortable!
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"great hotel"
Everything was great about the hotel besides the room decor and colors, but who really cares about that. Great area with restaurants and bars and of course the td garden. beds were very comfortable and the wifi worked great, which are the two most important things in my book
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad that you found our beds to be comfortable and enjoyed the wifi. Our décor is a bit unique so I completely understand your comments. Great to hear, however, that our location worked out well for you. Sincerely, Michal
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
james
"Clean, but overall negative experience."
Hotel had a nice decor, rooms were very clean and modern. However, the room service took awhile and a lot of items were not even available. My friends and I ended up ordering on our Seamless apps to get faster service. And continental breakfast isn't complimentary (what.). There was also a list of things that the concierge was able to get us, but even that was a bit of a flop. Maybe it's me, but if you say you have things readily available for your customers (even as mundane as chap stick), then have them. Valet parking was $47 per day, per car- you're better off at parking your own car at the TD Garden lots. My boyfriend and I wanted to stay clear of the weather one night (blizzard!) and the housekeeper was irritatingly incessant about coming in while we were in there (in robes, mind you) despite our attempts to tell her no. I found that rude and invasive- get a clue, lady. Other than the cleanliness, I wouldn't stay here again.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and sharing your experience about your stay with us. I am very sorry that your stay was underwhelming and that you encountered several challenges. I promise you we can do better and I'll be sure to look in to all your comments. Sincerely, Michal
3 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
Raissa
"Easy walk to TD Garden"
An easy 5 to 10 minute walk to TD Garden. The place was spotless. The staff was very friendly and willing to help with any request. Although I missed the complementary wine gathering at 5:00, it seemed like a nice touch.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
joe
"stayed here for the Garth Brooks concert."
Awesome place . Comfy beds. So close to the TD garden. Note to everyone upon checkout call valet ahead. It's very busy there! The woman at the front desk was so helpful and kind, they should have more help at front desk , poor woman was swamped but she kept a positive attitude through all the phone calls, guests and issues that arose during the morning shift!!! Many thanks for a great stay!!
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Leigh
"Walk to boston garden"
Contemporary and clean hotel across from the Boston Garden. Would definitely stay here again.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the 5 star review, and for considering us in the future! Best, Michal
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
"Garth Brooks night"
Great hotel. Happy with our stay. It was perfect for our Garth Brooks concert around the corner from TD Garden in Boston
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you very much Todd, hope you had a great time at the concert! Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Todd
Certainly a great hotel! The room was comfortable and clean; the service was excellent. I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for the 5 star review Nicole, I am really happy that you had a great time with us! Sincerely, Michal
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Nicole
"Long Weekend In Boston"
It was a great experience! The hotel and its' staff were excellent, extremely welcoming. The neighborhood was lively and centrally located. I would highly recommend it and would most likely stay there again on a return trip to Boston! Overall it was an excellent weekend!
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for choosing to stay with us Tara, and for the great review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your weekend with us! Sincerely, Michal
3 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Tara
"Free Wine Hour!!!!"
Super close to the venue which we were attending an event. Safe area. Staff was great during checkin, even though early check in was not permitted. The mini-bar was well stocked along with extras in the room for an extra charge.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Sounds like you had a great stay with us Ashley! I am glad you enjoyed our location, mini bar and wine hour. Best, Michal
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Ashley
"Great place to stay for TD Garden and North End"
We stayed at the Onyx Hotel when we were in Boston for a hockey game and were very happy with our choice. The hotel is just a half block from TD Garden and a short walk to the North End where there are so many great restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and well appointed (we had a room that was apparently slightly larger than average as there was handicapped access in the bathroom). The linens, mattress and pillows were great. Free wireless with signup w/Kimpton (also free). Free cocktail from 5-6 pm, which on our day was a bourbon/cider drink - perfect for a snowy Boston day in January! We would definitely return to this hotel.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you DBF! It's great to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. Hope the Bruins game was fun! Best, Michal
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
DBF
"Wicked close to the "gah-den""
1 block from TD Garden, which was great when it's cold out!
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hi, Thanks so much for the review! I'm glad that you enjoyed our location, we too love being close to TD Garden. Best, Michal
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Bruins new years"
It was a great place. Very close to TD Garden.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks so much for the 5 star review James! Hope you enjoyed the Bruins game! Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014