All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
155 Portland StBostonMA02114United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad breakfast
"Love this place."
Just a quick one night stay. Much needed break from work. It was perfect.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the review!
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
"Very close to north end!"
We choose this hotel for the proximity to the north end to attend the famous feast of St. Anthony. It was just two blocks away which made it very convenient. It is also very close to Faniel hall and the garden. We enjoyed their free wine hour on Saturday night and the breakfast the next morning. The Room was very comfortable, clean and funky (red, black and grey). The bathroom was large and well laid out with excellent lighting and space. The office chair in front of the "desk" was a nuisance as the feet stuck out and we tripped over it several times before moving it to a corner. A simple chair would work better in the narrow space.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
Overall the stay was excellent.... my only complaint is that internet access was spotty.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your stay at the Onyx. Cheers, Jessica Lavin General Manager
4 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Domenick
"I'd return, but I'd bring my own hairdryer."
Checked in around 11PM, checked out around 8AM. Clean, excellent service. When I checked in, they offered a glass of wine. Cons: WiFi wasn't complimentary, hair dryer wasn't powerful enough Pros: C.O. Bigelow toiletries, fluffy robe
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hi Laura, Thank you for sharing your feedback, and I'm so happy to hear that you are coming back! We are currently working on replacing our hair dryers. Thanks for sharing, Jessica Lavin General Manager
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"First time at Kimpton Hotel"
Could not get the AC to go low enough. Was stuffy in room.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
I'm glad that you found Kimpton and the Onyx! Thanks for sharing your feedback. Best Wishes, Jessica Lavin General Manager
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Ivy
"Pleasant Surprise"
Quite a surprise to find such a boutique hotel in the heart of Boston. Very pleasant stay.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and that it was a good surprise. Thanks for sharing, Jessica Lavin General Manager
3 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
"Nice comfortable room, close to downtown and quiet"
We had a great time. I believe parking costs were excessive.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
I'm glad to see you had a great time exploring Boston and the Onyx. Thank you so much for your feedback. Safe Travels, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager jesscia.lavin@onyxhotel.com
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Great service, very friendly, helpful staff. Within walking distance to many restaurants, attractions and train station. Room was a little small, but clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay there again.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
I hope you will come back and stay with us again! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Best Wishes, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager jessica.lavin@onyxhotel.com
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Pleasant hotel with a great staff"
Stayed here our last 2 nights in Boston. It was my first time at a Kimpton hotel. The hotel itself is quaint and clean. The staff was so accommodating and was full of helpful suggestions. The area the hotel is located wasn't my favorite. It was a bit dingier than most of what I saw in Boston, but I still felt safe. The rooms were a perfect mix of hotel and home. I'm used to the same boring décor you might see in most hotels. The elements like the dresser and hotel robes added that spice that put a smile on my face. I will definitely keep Kimpton hotels on my radar for future travel to see what other locations are like.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Highly recommend Onyx"
it was my first trip to Boston and I had a few days to explore prior to a business meeting. The hotel could not have been in a better location for sightseeing and entertainment. Everything was within walking distance, including the Freedom Trail. As far as the staff goes they were very professional,courteous and attentive. A great team!
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for the high praise of the staff and the hotel. I'm really glad you found us and hope that you will come back. Travel Safe! Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager jessica.lavin@onyxhotel.com
2 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
Max
"Excellent North&West End/Waterfront Location"
As first-timers to Bawston, everything about Onyx turned out to be more than expected. Fantastic location near subways / trains at North Station (in The Garden) - easy subway ride from Logan and 3 block walk to hotel; caught trains / subway to Hahvahd and Salem. Upon entry, (Brian?) at front desk and bell staff were extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. Arrived around noon, so, room not ready and explored the surrounding area. Did I mention the location? Within 3-4 blocks' walk of half of the most important stops on the Freedom Trail, the Holocaust Memorial (please take time to stop, read and think) and only a few more to the wharfs / harbor and Little Italy in one direction and Boston Commons / Gardens in the other. Intermingled in all of this were plenty of shops, resturaunts / pubs / bars to satisfy the whole spectrum of palates and entertainment wants. As for the property, itself - we were barely there, except to sleep. Despite being a typical "big city" hotel - compact and vertical - it had thoughtful touches (infused water, iced coffee, board games), ample amenities (lounge, breakfast buffet$, room $ervice), bigger-than-expected rooms / bathrooms and very comfortable beds. The slight inconvenience was in-room wi-fi (had to make some calls to get the free access) and the temp (set at 65 and still felt a bit humid and warm).
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Nice hotel. Excellent and very courteous staff. Wifi a bit weak though for email purposes.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for giving us your feedback and of course for staying with us! Best Wishes, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager jessica.lavin@onyxhotel.com
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Nice place....wicked smaht"
Service was great. Rooms were contempory decor. Bed was just a little firm for my liking. Over all great place especially for the value.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for sharing your great review about the hotel and your stay. Safe Travels, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Gregory
"Great location to many historical sights &harbor"
The staff was very polite and friendly. They recommended places to eat,short cuts to areas of interest Housekeeping (Rosa) was wonderful
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
I really do have the best staff! They don't see our guests as customers, they see them as friends! Thanks for taking a moment to share with us! Best Wishes, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager jessica.lavin@onyxhotel.com
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
tonya
"Simple basic hotel in good location"
Great location, lots of parking in the area, most of it paid, but street parking is free on Sundays and after 8 PM
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your feedback with us. Best Wishes, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Syed
"Great place!"
Very pleased with this hotel. I would definitely stay again and recommend it. The staff was extremely attentive and accommodating. The rooms were clean well stocked and comfortable.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for staying with us and I loved reading that you'll be passing along the wonderful details of your stay. Come back and see us! Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
"Great location with great staff."
Started off with Brian at the front desk. He was great!! I stay in hotels a lot and they were the most comfortable beds I have every stayed in. Every part of the experience was great!! Will stay there a again!!
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Jeremy
"Nice hotel BUT..."
This is a very clean very nice hotel! The only reason I am not giving it the best rating is because the prices are a joke. They had a bottle of water on room counter I thought was complimentary. Ended up being $10 lol. They food is medicore at best and overpriced. I would stay there again but would buy food elsewhere!
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I really appreciate you giving us your feedback so that we can continue to improve. Thanks for staying! Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Stacy
"Great!"
Convenient location, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for your glowing review Ana! Best wishes, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager jessica.lavin@onyxhotel.com
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Ana
"The AC and ventilatio made sleeping difficult"
Windows don't open. I had difficulty breathing. The air conditioning would reach the designated temperature and shut off. the ventilation in the room would stop and that would cause the air to be still and uncomfortable. My wife and I continually woke up gasping for air. This happened no less than 6 times. There was something in the air that caused my throat to be sore and nose to be clogged. That disappeared when I left the hotel. The issue was resolved when they changed the filter on the AC. It ruined my two day stay.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so sorry that you ran into issues with your room and it made for a difficult stay. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback so we can improve our service. Best Wishes, Jessica Lavin General Manager
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Tony
"Boutique hotel in the heart of Boston"
We stayed at the Onyx on July 4th. The hotel was conveniently located near the North End, which worked out perfect for us, since we were having dinner in that area. Upon arrival, they were hosting their evening wine reception, and the staff poured us each a glass of wine while we check in. Our room was at the corner on a higher floor, which even though it's near the elevator, it was fairly quiet. The room was clean, a bit on the small side, but appeared to be in very new condition. The only complaint I have was one of the two elevators was out of order, so it took awhile for us to get up and down; otherwise, our stay was perfect. They are very pet-friendly too, as we talked to some other guests that have 2 Frenchies with them. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm so glad that the Onyx was a perfect fit for you. I'm so sorry about the elevator situation. Machines always seem to pick the worst times for a tune up. Come back and see us soon! Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager jessica.lavin@onyxhotel.com
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
NJ Travelbug
"my Boston stay"
good hotel. Parking is way too pricey!!!
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I hope you'll come back to Boston soon. Best Wishes, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager
4 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
Stephen M
"Would pick this one again!!"
Another great Kimpton hotel! They have a way of making older properties very classy. Attentive and generous staff. Location is great for sightseeing. Lots of stuff in walking distance. The Ruby Room is great for a nightcap (or a drunken bite to eat!)
2 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Nice room. Good location if going to TD Garden.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for staying with us and giving us your feedback. Best, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager jessica.lavin@onyxhotel.com
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Great Personal Service"
Wonderful hotel in close proximity to historical district. The staff went out of their way to make everything special and accommodate us. They sent us a bottle of champagne for our anniversary along with a personalized note, and found a box fan to help my wife sleep better. Great morning coffee, and the wine in the evening was nice too.
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Not outstanding but a good hotel in a great location.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Best Wishes, Jessica Lavin
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Boston weekend"
We had a really nice stay at The Onyx. We found the mattresses to be a bit soft (but that's our taste). The room was on the small side, but certainly adequate for what we needed. My one comment (and most hotels don't have this). There is never enough hooks in the bathroom. One hook is not enough for 2 people staying in a room, especially for several days. The staff was very helpful and gave us restaurant suggestions and places to see. They even printed us walking directions. We enjoyed renting the bikes that the hotel offered also. The wine reception each nice is a nice touch too. Lots of fun. It was in a good location especially if you are interested in the north end.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I love hearing that our guests took full advantage of all our extra perks! Best Wishes, Jessica Jessica Lavin General Manager jessica.lavin@onyxhotel.comj
3 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Great place to stay in Boston!"
I was in town for a few days for business. It was a very comfortable hotel and everyone working there was very nice. There were close places to eat and a great breakfast in the hotel (for an extra cost).
3 night business trip May 31, 2015
Pauline
"Perfect couple's vaca spot"
We loved this boutique hotel! They arranged a bucket of beer and cupcakes for my husband's birthday on our arrival. The staff was great and very helpful and attentive. Rooms were clean, comfortable and decorated fun. Onyx was exactly what you expect when you hear "boutique hotel."
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks Natasha! I couldn't agree with you more. The team and I pride ourselves of giving everyone a true boutique experience. Safe Travels! Jessica
4 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Natasha
"In town for business"
In town for business, This hotel is excellent and the service was outstanding. the restaurants attached to this hotel are first class. I would highly recommend not only this hotel but this chain.
Other trip May 5, 2015
kent
"Eric Church in my Favorite City!"
This was probably the best stay in a hotel ever, and I travel a lot. A wine reception nightly. They left wine and cupcakes in my room for my birthday. Incredibly accomodating! Close to everything! Just absolutely wonderful! Every trip I make to Boston this will be where I stay!
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hi Abby - I hope the Onyx is now you're favorite hotel in your favorite city! Safe Travels - Jessica
3 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
Abby
"Great Hotel near the Garden & North End"
Great Boutique Hotel. I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our proximity to TD Garden. Best, Michal
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Going the extra mile..."
We were in town for the Boston Marathon. The staff went over and above to make us feel welcome in the city. After the race on Monday, they even set aside a room for the runners who had checked out to shower and warm up before departing the city. Fabulous overall stay!
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the great review! I hope you enjoyed the Marathon, and if you were running, Congratulations!
3 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"Thumbs up!"
We thought the decor was stunning and the staff very friendly and helpful.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much! We too love the décor of the hotel, it is newly renovated. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"FROZEN FOUR WEEKEND"
GREAT PLSCE TO STAY, THE LOCATION IS PERECT AND YOU CAN WALK ANYWHERE.SCIENCE MUSEUM, QUINCY MARKET , NORTH END, WANG THESATER. A BIT PRICEY BUT IF YOU LOOK AROUND, THE KIMPTON WEBSITE WILL TRY TO MET ANY PRICE YU SEE ON LINE. FREE WNE PARTY, NICE BREAKFAST, NOT FREE.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
SHERRY
"Weekend getaway"
Freindly staff, conveniently located, clean
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the review, I am glad you had a great time with us! Sincerely, Michal
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Fadric
Awesome hotel with great staff. Great hotel in fantastic location. Excellent everything.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Great place to stay after date night in the city."
A great place to stay when going to a game at the Garden. Nice, boutique style hotel where dogs are allowed. Cute how they put the names of the dogs staying there on a board in the lobby. Great place for a night cap in the lobby bar. Room is clean and modern with a comfortable bed and decent bathroom. Highly recommend.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, it's great to hear you enjoyed our hotel! Best, Michal
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Excellent Stay"
Excellent concierge!
Thank you! Glad you were able to utilize the concierge services! Best, Michal
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Sara
"Excellent Sta at Onyx and Location to Garden"
Went to Bruins game (from Maine, via train to North Station/Garden) with older in-laws with health/mobility issues. The short walk to/from The Garden was so easy and location is central to all the local pubs and restaurants, so couldn't have asked for more. Front desk staff were very friendly, entire place was clean. Rooms were on small side, but that's normal for a city hotel and I wouldn't downgrade my rating because of. Nice bathrooms, look like recently renovated. TV was new and bed was comfy. My room had a great street-view as well. Great trip, worth the money and I know I'll go back again !
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the great review! I am so happy you had a wonderful time with us and hope you enjoyed the Bruins game as well. Best, Michal
1 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"Excellent stay!!!"
Great rooms and staff. Awesome location very close to TD Garden and awesome restaurants nearby.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for the 5 star review, I am glad our location worked out great for you! Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
"Not worth $300 a night."
The location to TD Garden is the reason we chose the hotel; however, for $300+ per night is it too much to ask to have a coffee maker in the room? I am a person who wants coffee before I shower and go to breakfast. So at this hotel, I have to get dressed to go to the lobby to get my first cup of coffee. No, that's just wrong. Also, worst valet service ever. They need to hire extra valets. We waited 45 minutes to get our car.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, we always hope our guests have an exceptional experience. While we don't have coffee machines in every room, upon request we place coffee machines with plenty of coffee and tea in a room, whether in advance of your arrival or after you arrive. I hope you choose to give us another opportunity to show you we can do better. Sincerely, Michal
1 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
Cynthia
"Pretty good"
Rooms are nice but if you are looking for no noise this is not for you. No sound dampening so you hear all the street and hallway noise. Buffet is pricey and not worth it in my opinion. It is still a nice hotel.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"One nite stay"
We were not able to take full advantage of all the hotel has to offer as we only stayed one night but the staff was very friendly, the room was very comfortable and quiet, and the location was perfect for our needs. We were able to walk to every venue we wanted to get to. We payed a pretty penny for the location but as it rained the entire time we were there, it was well worth it.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I hope you choose to return to us and hopefully take advantage of some of the amenities we have to offer. Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Deborah
"excellent hotel and value"
Small and intimate. Staff very courteous and helpful. Great location for events at TD Garden.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you very much, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Vicki
Very nice hotel. Rooms a little tight but that's to be expected in the city.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your comments and the nice review! Sincerely, Michal
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Perfect for Arena Sports Fans"
It was literally 2 blocks from the Gardens and right downtown near lots of food places. The evening wine happy hour was a nice touch!
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, Thanks for the great review! I am glad that our location worked well for you and that you were able to join us for wine hour! Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
"Onyx Hotel - near TD Garden"
Not much bad to say about the Onyx hotel. It's a nice property located just down the street from TD Garden. Great location, with lots of convenient restaurants and shops. Front desk staff could not be any nicer. They are courteous and very helpful. Rooms are well stocked and comfortable and room service does a good job. My only warning to you is that if you valet a car, be sure to call the desk at least 30 minutes before you actually need your car, as it takes a very long time to get your car from valet. The Onyx is a good choice and a decent value.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the candid review, it was great to read that overall you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. Regarding your comment about valet, we do typically quote to call ahead 20-30 minutes prior to your departure so it provides us enough time to retrieve your car. Best, Michal
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Vincent
"We will be back"
Best hotel to stay at near TD Garden. Stones throw away with delux accomadations. We will be back.
Response by Onyx Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the review - great to here that you enjoyed our location and that you'll be returning to us! Sincerely, Michal
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
Friendly staff, great location and a very clean hotel. The staff allowed us to check in even though we were hours early. And they are dog friendly too.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015