All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Paseo Chichen Itza Retorno 3 PlayacarRiviera Maya, Playa del CarmenQROO77710Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Rather comfortable
  • Beach
    Beach is poor
"Peaceful. Friendly. Clean."
The staff was very very good--friendly and caring. The breakfast was delicious!! Everything was very clean. Very peaceful place. We will try again and recommend it. Not one complaint.
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2016
$62 per night for this quiet safe neighbor in playacar little south of playa del Carmen! Excellent and clean only trouble is taking some time to get a cab
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2016
JJ
"adequate"
At check in we were told we would have to upgrade our room due to having a child. This was after 2 emails prior to booking confirming the child would be allowed in our room. While I searched for my email we were offered a discount on the upgrade: $20/night for the same room to cover the breakfast. NEWSFLASH: A 3 year old doesn't eat a $20 breakfast. Neither do I. While waiting for the slow wifi, [staff member] said his manager approved our stay. Once I found my email, it was signed by the man who tried upcharging us. (I will not name him here if hotel mgmt would like details, I will forward the email). We had 2 rooms for 2 families. The rooms are spacious and facilities beautiful. Room 160-1: broken a/c and the shower head literally sprays everywhere. I had to lift my daughter over my head to get the water pressure on her, while keeping my own eyes shut because of the spray. The towels hanging on the wall got wet. The rooms smelled musty. Room 170-1 was the same size and room type with a slightly larger bathroom, with both shower and tub. That shower did not suffer from over-spray and the Jacuzzi was nice. The A/C worked. However there was mold on the A/C vent and in 2 nights caused cold-like symptoms. The breakfast is a large buffet and the staff is probably the hardest-working I’ve seen. They were short on dishes and silverware, so they were constantly washing and replacing on top of replenishing the food all while offering additional help with a smile.
2 night family trip Mar 3, 2016
"Was ok"
12 years ago we stayed right next door to the hotel in a condo. I thought hotel was beautiful then and still today. Parking lot needs help and smell. Maybe some garbage was dumped? The bathroom needs spurcing up. Toilet handle was so loose I was amazed it worked. Sometimes water ran when it is so precious. The shower curtain had mold and one eye loop was broken and was not holding up the shower curtain. The shower curtain rod and toilet paper holder was rusting. No facial tissues. If we didn't leave the lights on the entire time we were in room then it was dark and gloomy. If hotel is not full then put people in cheerier, brighter, off the first floor rooms. You got them use them! Breakfast is great! When checking in someone should help with luggage since no elevator and there are stairs!! It just seemed they were not welcoming nor thoughtful enough. If check in is at 3pm (which is pretty latein my opinion), then they should make rooms available when they are ready and not make people wait for exactly 3pm.? Because of our travel plans we arrived at 10:15am. I came back to check if room was ready at 2pm - no
2 night romance trip Feb 29, 2016
"Charming....European Villa with Rustic Mayan flare"
I loved the architectural blend of a European Villa with the Rustic, open air Mayan....it was a real treat! My husband and I only stayed one night, but enjoyed the out of the way, tranquil location right on the edge of Playa. The rooms have a lovely design, with a very nice bathroom. Our particular room had a hard (not firm) mattress. Luckily I prefer a firm mattress (due to a bad back), so it wasn't an issue for me, but I think others may want to inquire about a softer one. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast included with the room, I found to be much better than most and the poolside, outdoor eating area adjacent to a lagoon, and distant golf course, was also very tranquil, and charming. There is a small complaint. Unfortunately the room we received was located close to the air conditioner compressor, which unfortunately kicked on in the early morning and woke up my husband. I however, slept right through it! I would highly recommend this place and will return for my trip to Mexico next year.
Other trip Dec 19, 2015
Wb
"Beautiful, spacious and affordable"
The hotel was awesome!! Very spacious!!!! I felt like I stayed in a condo!!! Loved loved loved!
5 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Lizbeth
"Nice hidden treasure"
Really liked this hotel, it was luxurious with a cultural feel and in a great neighborhood. Not on the beach, in the middle of golf course, which suited us fine for the last two days of our trip (to be closer to Tulum and Xcaret/Xel-Ha). Cons: beds are a little hard, need pillow top mattress pads. Walls and windows are so thin that we could hear people rolling their luggage by our room all night, and clearly hear conversations of people outside. Pros: great free breakfast, spacious royal suite, very affordable.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Mindy
The water spelled of sewage. There can't be a filter in anyway.
1 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2015
Enu
"bad experience"
Very bad experience the air conditioning not working we changed rooms at night and the Asien conditioning of the second room not working either and the manager not helpful at all
4 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
"Highly recommended"
The hotel is lovely with a beautiful view of the golf course from the pool. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. The room was very nice and well apportioned. My only challenge was the firmness of the bed, even with the pillow top.
3 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
"Better that i was expecting"
i rent 6 rooms, very nice and relaxing Hotel, Thanks to the Staff for a pleasant stay
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
SNSI
"Nice & quiet"
Beds are too hard, but the grounds are nice, friendly staff, decent breakfast. Close to town and beaches, nice & quiet on a golf course. Feed the turtles after breakfast!
Other trip May 24, 2015
Bonnie
"excelent"
Diamond in the rough
2 night trip Apr 11, 2015
Cornell
"Looks good on the surface"
We (family of 5) stayed for 1 night on the tail end of our trip - it's a very odd place. Beautiful building but NO signage on the building and difficult to find even though I knew it was in Playacar. We had a spacious 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen and many accents (marble floors, arches, columns, etc) but there was evidence of previous moisture issues and just does not feel inviting to hang out in room. Couches/chairs were leather with stains, had to ask for top sheets on all beds (which apparently they don't consider standard) and then they just delivered them to the room. Place feels abandoned and was maybe 20% full - staff is very friendly but minimal (pool bar not open or staffed). Just a very low energy/abandoned feel to the whole place...
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
keith
"Great place"
Rooms really nice, clean and super comfortable. Convenient Parking area, and not so far from the tourist area. It is not at the beach, it is at the golf club, but that’s also an advantage, at this time of the year many algae was been take out of the ocean making the beach area smell bad. If I go back to Playa for sure I’ll stay there again
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
Iniani
"Peaceful hotel with lovely staff"
Extrem friendly staff at reception and restaurant, very kind and helpful. Peaceful neighborhood away from touristic area but only a 20 minutes walk away. Good to disconnect!
4 night trip Mar 3, 2015
Kathrin
"hidden gem in playacar"
big comfortable rooms, grounds were super well maintained have stayed in places much more expensive there without the comfort and service!!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Excellent hotel in calm and nice area"
The hotel is situated approximately 15 minutes walk from downtown Playa Del Carmen and the Beach. Easy to park at the hotel, very friendly staff, excellent breakfast and good facilities at the hotel. Situated in fantastic residential area. Good value for money.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Tommy
We really enjoy to be at this hotel. People is really nice, rooms very clean and confortable.' Although it doesn't have a beach near by as many people would like it was great, no problema to park and no bad smell from de algae from the beach.
2 night romance trip Mar 2, 2015
Iniani
"Very nice hotel in a quiet area"
Playa del Carmel: Convenient city to stay for daily excursions to Cancun, Tulum, Cozumel, Coba, Akumal, Xcaret, plenty of different Cenotes. Hacienda vista real: In a gated area called Playacar, around a golf, nice, safe, and quiet, but with no walking access to the beach. 25' minutes walking from the 5th Ave where all the evening and night activity is. 3-4 small restaurants 5' walking. Hotel is pretty, in a very good shape, the staff willing to help, the pool is nice too but the area around very limited. They provide beach towels that you can bring back every day. I hardly recommend to include the breakfast in your booking, this one is good, with choice, and different meals cooked everyday. Free and easy parking. The condo itself: large and in a very good shape, we were a family of 4 staying there and the double beds are not so wide for 2 adults. Convenient patio with plants view, we had to ask the hotel staff to get outside furnitures. As it is in an hotel you get a daily room service. There's almost no utensil to cook, just plates and glasses. No washing machine and dish washer.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
JL
"nice hotel"
we were there for only one night slept well had a hole in the couch.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Awe inspiring first impression!"
When you first pull up you think you are staying in a Mayan ruin, and the outside of the hotel is amazing. When I booked my room I was really excited about the room I booked, according to the pictures. What I got was something entirely different...a little room with only a few unusable windows. It felt cramped and confined. I am sure there are some really nice rooms, but I feel we were bated and switched. There was no willingness to improve the situation by the hotel staff. Still, if I could get a room like in the pictures, I would definitely do this again!
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
T
"Close to crazy Playa Del Carmen but in quiet Playa"
We bought this room at the last minute in Playacar. The buildings look like old ruins which is really cool. This facility is in need of a few tweaks. Cushions in the lobby are old, smashed and should be embarrassing. The rock work is amazing so a little TLC could go a long way. The bed was very comfy (& I'm picky). There is a lot of marble and decor that is a bit dated but somehow was enchanting in an old school way :) The bathroom needs an overhaul. There is a jet tub taking up ALOT of room while the free standing shower is so small that water get all over the stool and TP. No ice machine, just a heads up. The staff seemed to genuinely care about the service they provided, which is nice. The breakfast was really good with a nice variety and the pool area was clean and well maintained.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
jansplans
"Great hotel for the price"
Stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 nights while we were waiting for his parents to arrive in Playa del Carmen. The Playacar neighborhood that this hotel is nesseled in is wonderful! Cool old ruin feel. Breakfast Buffet was quite good. We had the smallest room with a king size bed for $100/night. 5 minute walk to a area with 4 resturants and a convienence store. 20min walk to 5th street. I was nervous about the mixed revues I had read. This is not the place to stay if you want to be in the middle of things, or plan on hauling beach chairs and children's toys to the beach. Great way to enjoy playa del carmen in a relaxing atmosphere.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
lauren
"poor room facility for the money we spent"
shower is very very slow and almost no pressure, so we barely got our body wet and they couldn't fix it fast enough the next day. so for 2 days we stayed there we had a terrible shower. Our room has only 2 beds and a tv stand and a closet and fridge, that's pretty much about it. very plain for the money we spent. ($300/night). Won't be back again.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
The staff was welcoming but the room had serious issues: the fridge was really dirty, we asked to be cleaned an no one came or did it. The room looked old, the smell was like an old place that is not cleaned properly, the beds are done every day but they are not made in a good way, like if someone did it in a rush. One day they forgot to leave towels for us, so we had to use our beach towels. The bed/pillows were not confortable at all!!! The swimming pool was extremely cold so we were not able to use it not even a single day. There's a bar in the pool, but it was closed all the time. It would have been nice to have some music in the pool for some ambiance. The only good thing about this hotel was breakfast and the staff working at the restaurant was very nice!!!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Overall, a nice, quiet hotel. Staff were helpful and friendly. There is a pleasant common area with couches and tables, and a computer you can use. They also have free wifi. The free breakfast was pretty good. Note that you cannot quickly walk to the beach from there. On the map, it appears very close to the beach, but you aren't allowed to walk on the golf course behind the hotel. So you either have to drive/take a cab, or walk about 30 minutes to the nearest beach.
10 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
"Beautiful and impeccable rooms for a good price!"
The rooms are clean, comfortable (the beds are a bit firm), and with nice decor. The staff is very courteous and attentive. The A/C works great! The surroundings are nice and green. The location makes you feel very safe. The upgrade to the ambassador or royal suite is way worth the money! The breakfast has a good selection and is filling and generous. I will be staying here again and again!!! I highly recommend it!
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Liz
"playa del Carmen"
It needs alot of work, not much for restaurants, room had a musty smell
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Nice hotel close to restaurants stores and beach"
It was beautiful nice hotel suit nice view good breakfast I would stay there again.. I loved it!!!
this is Michele
"Great Budget Hotel for the frugal traveler."
I had to move from my all inclusive to a discount hotel the last 2 days of my vacation. The Hotel was safe and solid if you have your own form of transportation. Waiting for a taxi wasn't bad. This Hotel was a perfect local and place for a stay at a non inclusive Budget Hotel. The price was excellent. Beach Access was less than ideal.
2 night trip Nov 7, 2014
"Close to 5th Avenue"
The hotel was very beautiful and the staff was very friendly and kind. The Royal Suite was very big and perfect for our family. And I can't wait to go back next year!
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
Carla
"Needs better signage, facilities need upgrade"
We drove up to Playa in our own vehicle and had difficulty finding the place. We recognized the hotel from the pictures on the website, there weren't any signage. It is a little secluded, which could be a good thing, but there isn't much to do at the hotel if you're staying for more than a day or two. The pool is small for the size of the hotel and with the extensive useage, especially through midday (after 2:00 p.m. the place is isolated) the water felt dirty. We stayed in the Royal Suite and it was spacious and comfortable.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Amparo
"The Hotel was just a 20 minute walk from Shopping"
It was very nice. Clean rooms and nice comfy bed. We were just a 20 minute walk from shopping and Restaurants Downtown. The Breakfast Buffet was fresh and delicious. While the location was a little hard to find, once we figured it out, we realized how central it was to all the attractions. Rent a car and venture the beaches, the ruins etc.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
lolita
"Pleasant Surprise"
We stayed 4 nights in Playa Del Carmen so we could be close to the Eco Parks (Xcaret/Xel-Ha). When we visited last year, we loved the eco-parks and stayed at the hotel adjacent to Xcaret, which was beautiful, but was also all-inclusive which cost much more. We were not fans of the food there, and preferred to eat at the parks this time, so wanted to find a different hotel (not all inclusive) that was nearby, and large enough for 4 of us. We had a car to get around so, although it is not close walking distance to Playa Del Carmen...the actual beach area/town, I much preferred it because that area feels a little sketchy to me, and I didnʻt see any really nice places to stay in that area anyway. This hotel is right in the middle of a golf course, beautiful...it feels traditional and older in style....almost like you were visiting a wealthy friend from an earlier time period who build a large home to welcome friends and family. Rooms are very large, we had a suite, which almost felt too big for only the 4 of us. Full kitchen, living room, dining area, master suite and additional room with 2 beds. Love the outside, and the grounds, landscaping. The interior decor is not really my style, little out dated. My kids took a photo above bed area which looked like a shell, they were pretending to be mermaids. Colors are pink/coral and off white. I think others may find it very charming. Breakfast buffet is included. Price is very affordable.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Kaui
It was a great experience! We loved it, it was very relaxing. We loved the scenery!
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
First time in playa del carmen, we loved it and loved our hotel too. Very nice secluded hotel, loved our royal suite just perfect for a family of 6... Would recommend this hotel
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Great Place, tropical charm!"
Very pleased with hotel and staff. Best to have a car if visiting.
Other trip May 1, 2014
"I go here every year! Love, love, love this hotel."
Bottom line: I wouldn't stay anywhere else. This is a hidden gem in Playa Del Carmen. Stellar service, fantastic food, very comfortable, spacious and quiet rooms, and their suites are amazing! I got the best rate through Hotels.com. If you're renting a car, they have on-site free parking, and it's easy to get in and out of the lot. I would highly recommend their spa - the prices are reasonable, and the ambience is very relaxing. Time well spent!
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Great quiet location; great pool."
The hotel was located in a secluded and closely guarded area in Playacar. It was wonderfully quiet, and surrounded by a beautiful golf course. The 20-minute walk in to Playa Del Carmen for dinner was quite pleasant; the exercise was welcome because we always eat too much in Mexico. We enjoyed the morning complementary breakfast; there was a good variety and always plenty of everything. The suite we rented was spacious and attractive and well-kept. Our only complaint was that the beds are truly too hard. Get softer beds and we will stay longer next time.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Sasha
"Close to down town Play Del Carmen"
Enjoy our stay here the staff were pleasant professionald helpful. Away from the beach and hard to find at least the first time. Beautiful setting in a upscale residential neighbourhood by a golf course.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2014
Dennis R
"Family vacation in Playa Del Carmen"
The hotel is very nice, clean and in a quiet location. The rooms were comfortable but lacked some basic amenities. For example, our room had a full kitchen but had no coffee pot, pots or pans or even dish towels. They provided dish soap, glasses, plates and cutlery. The pool bar closed at 3pm and there was no entertainment available at the hotel. The beds were very comfortable and spacious. Bathrooms were clean but there were no facecloths, and occasionally there was hot water in the toilet. Overall if you are looking for a quiet relaxing hotel only 5 minutes drive from down town Playa Del Carmen then this is the hotel for you.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
Shawn
"Extremely Disappointed...Won't Stay Here Again!"
Stayed here March 2014. We stayed here the last 2 days of our visit to the area with the intention of just relaxing and recuperating from our stays at Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen before heading back to the States. The stay did not prove restful with the most uncomfortable bedding. The bed mattress was a spring mattress that caused pain for both my wife and myself. No bed sheet with the exception of the one covering the mattress. Only the comforter. No chair in room to sit in. No Desk. Lighting in bathroom was terrible. No beverage or ice machine in hotel. We could hear everything the neighbors were saying along with their TV and restroom and certain this was reciprocal. The star "number" rating is skewed since its based on questions that don't really address customers' true perceptions on rating a hotel. We wouldn't stay here again even if we were given free stays.
2 night trip Mar 4, 2014
Great hotel, awesome staff, everyone was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great too. I think the only negative would be the distance to the beach and to the center. I think a shuttle would make this experience awesome!
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
a. f.
"february 2014"
It is a nice place. Beautiful location on the golf course. Its could use some updating but the staff is great and it is kept clean.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
brandon
"Residential-area hotel"
The rooms need updates. It seems that maintenance stop 10 years ago. It feels old and tired. The bath tub was dirty and the shower got flooded. I only stayed one night but was enough to decide not to come back. Breakfast was OK and the restaurant is located a near by golf course. The views from the restaurant was nice. I didn't use the amenities because I needed to get to my next-day event.
1 night trip Feb 9, 2014
"Quiet hotel, good if you like to walk"
Nice place to rest, good breakfast aroud the lagoon but you have to walk 30 minutes for lunch and dinner to downtown Playa del Carmen. Playacar is a beautiful place but not beachfront on this side (hotel Eurostars).
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Ellen
"Best hotel in Playa del Carmen"
Very quiet hotel, great breakfast, nice staff, 25 min. walk to downtown but it was nice and pleasant to walk. For me ... the best place !
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
Helen
"Best kept secret"
No one in the area seemed to know where this hotel was. But it was there, and it was awesome.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
"very relaxing and beautiful place"
we could hang at the pool and have a drink at the pool bar, or, just walk around the grounds. the spa was a little disappointing, as the jets in the hot and warm pools did not work. the breakfast buffet was just great and changed some every day. the staff was great. the room was gorgeous with lots of marble and stucco moldings on the walls. it was hard to leave.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014