All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Paseo Chichen Itza Retorno 3 Playacar, Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, QROO, 77710, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Incredible expierence"
I spent two days in this marvelous hotel, the services from the staff is super great, the hotel is perfect, and the pool is just delicious. I highly recommend it.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"nice property"
it was quite nice, except for the breakfast... way to limited.
3 night trip Aug 1, 2013
elo
"Would come back!"
We stayed here one night -- flight getting into Cancun late and not able to check into our all-inclusive until the next day. This hotel was clean, pleasant, and exactly what we needed. Had a great rest. Would definitely book here again if needed.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2013
"Would not return."
Good location, close enough to main avenue (15min walk) and veery helpful staff. However room fell short. Linens had holes and stained. Also breakfast was included which is nice but food was bland.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
eduardo
"Quiet but too far from the beach"
I liked the hotel and overall it was a good stay though there are some things that need to be improved. I hope that my review will help others not to experience any inconveniences. First of all, beds were very uncomfortable. I noticed that they just put a matress on what appear to be a block of concrete, I dont know if it is the same in other hotels but I noticed they don't have a box spring type of mattresses. So, beds were very uncomfortable. Second, some rooms are sort of double rooms which includes a master bedroom and another room attached to it and separated with a door. I realize that the original intention was to sell these rooms to people who travel with families or friends and they want to be together. Long story short -I could hear EVERY move of the neighbors from the adjoining room. To make matters worse the air conditioner was also in their room, and at times it would apparently get too cold there so they would turn it off, making my room unbearably hot. I told people the desk about it but they didn't do anything. There were other things that were uncomfortable but aren't too big of a deal, such as damp towels, poor lights - I have heard those are common problems in Mexican hotels. But beds and air-conditioning are too important in my opinion to be ignored.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Kenneth
Gorgeous Boutique Hotel!
1 night trip Jun 20, 2013
"Priceless experience"
The people who work there provide the best service possible. Also, the food that they offer is amazing. Plus, the outside view is wonderful. I highly recommend people to stay at Eurostars Hacienda Vista Real Hotel.
6 night family trip Jun 1, 2013
"Walking distance to 5th avenue and beach"
This was the second time we stayed at this hotel. Great value for our money. The room was impecable, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet they include had a lot of variety and enjoyable by the lagoon. The hotel is a little hard to find, but it is definitely a good deal. I would recommend it to my friends.
1 night family trip May 3, 2013
"A Very Nice Hotel that won't dissappoint"
Loved the buffet breakfast: excellent food, nice outdoor ambiance and beautiful views. The room service was was great as well as the rest of the staff: very friendly and accomodating. An opportunity for improvement would be to have the pool side bar open daily in the evenings.
8 night trip Apr 22, 2013
"beautiful and secure location"
We loved our stay at this beautiful and open air hotel. Their hospitality was wonderful. Beautiful and well maintained gardens with beautiful walkways to the rooms and to the patio area with the swimming pool. Breakfast buffet was enjoyable and delicious.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
"Great home base!"
If your goal on vacation is to hang out at the resort and relax, this is probably not the spot for you. But if you are the type who likes to spend your days exploring and come home to a comfortable, cozy, well appointed room, this is definitely the hotel for you! Great value, great location, nice staff, we had a huge room with full kitchen, dining room, living room, two huge bedrooms, spiral staircase and our own private deck, very close to playa del Carmen, free beach club access, great breakfast, etc... So what's not to like? Tiny pool with 4-5 public loungers to be shared by all guests. And that's about The only negative. We have 2 kids 13 and 14 that wanted more of a social scene not available at the hotel. Amazing for the price .
Family trip Apr 12, 2013
Brenda
"lovely hotel in quiet, safe neighborhood"
My kids and I stayed here for four nights. I felt safe and comfortable. Lovely staff, and nice clientele. Breakfast buffet at tables by the poolside saved us time and money each day. We booked a basic suite, which felt like a small house, due to the full dining room, living room and kitchen (fridge, stove and microwave). I think all the suites have patios or big balconies. The bathroom was more artistic than functional, and the marble tiled floor could get slippery. Firm beds and plenty of complimentary bottled water. It cost 70 pesos for a cab ride to town/beach/ADO station. 155 pesos cab ride to Xcaret. There is a convenience store just a short walk down the road, which was particularly handy when my son got travelers stomach . I was able to walk to the shop, buy pepto bismol tablets, yogurt, jello, etc and be back again in 15 minutes. I definitely recommend staying here.
5 night trip Apr 2, 2013
Jeanne
"Excellent Place"
Most unexpected space and exotic luxury. The only downsite is that it is away from the sea.
Other trip Apr 3, 2013
"Great hotel!"
Excellent hotel for the money, would highly recommend it, staff were extremely helpful and the hotel is beautiful with a wonderful setting! High Ratings!!!
Other trip Mar 31, 2013
Lovely hotel. Really great value for money. Really nice big airy and cool rooms. Staff are so attentive and nice.
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
"Loved staying in the Playacar"
We loved our stay at the Hacienda Vista Real. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The location was great, so pretty along the golf course and quiet in the Playacar. The breakfast buffet was nice. We had a great suite with a kitchen and the only reason I'm not giving a 5 was the kitchen was not very clean and there were no towels (not even paper towels) to clean it with. The dishes weren't clean and the oven didn't work. Otherwise our stay at this Hotel was perfect.
7 night family trip Mar 11, 2013
"Quiet"
Our room was very dated, and the bathroom is like a dark cave. But I have seen other rooms are very nice. I only stay for 3 nights, and it was my 2nd night I found other room are nicer, so I didn't bother to change the room. Staff are friendly. Nice location if you enjoy walking.
Other trip Mar 15, 2013
Kiwi
"Quiet and beautiful, no activities at the hotel."
It was difficult to find. It is in a beautiful area of PLAYACAR, a gated community. The local taxi drivers refer to it as "Vista Real".... If you are looking for extreme quiet, and no interaction with people, this is your place. The staff was nice and spoke decent English. The breakfast buffet was the exact same every day with the exception of the meat offered. We were unaware the hotel has an arrangement with the a Beach Club in Playa Del Carmen. They really try to leave you alone, and I don't know if it is out of respect or just that they were sort of understaffed. The grounds are beautiful, well-kept. The pool area is very small and VERY quiet. No music, nobody hanging out in the bar area. Not a lively atmosphere at all. The walk to Playa Del Carmen is 15-20 minutes away. Taxi service is quick, approx $5-8 . We enjoyed it for the most part but will not return. We would prefer to be closer to the beach now that we know what amenities this hotel offers. The room service is actually a take out menu from restaurants in town. If you don't have anything for dinner your choices are very limited. Our biggest complaint was the beds in our suite were extremely hard. I slept on the couch for half of our stay.
6 night romance trip Feb 27, 2013
Love Blue Water
"Vista Real"
Perfect with one exception.... climate control.... Either to hot or to cold... The free breakfast was extroadinary
6 night trip Feb 26, 2013
Tom and Ligia
"Breakfast, staff, and facilities were wonderful"
will return
6 night trip Feb 17, 2013
"very special and wonderful"
we had a wonderful time at the Hacienta Vista Real in Playa del Carmen. The staff was extremely nice and friendly and provided excellent customer Service. We were treated like Royalty. The building is unique in its architecture and it feels very solid. The Ambassador Suites are extremely roomy, full of light with a very stylish interior design which gave us the feeling of living in a mansion. We truly enjoyed our stay, and we are planning to go back soon.
2 night trip Jan 25, 2013
"If you can find it...it is very worthwhile!"
Our suite was superb -- 5 balconies, huge space, excellent value -- extraordinarily good value! Beautiful decor and architecture, delicious, varied breakfasts. But: impossible to locate! We drove around and around -- street signs had arrows, but there was NO SIGN indicating the entrance! The spa a lovely, but minimally functional: no hot tubs, sauna or steam...the spa needs to be brought to full function. Finally, the bathtub is quite deep; grab bars need to be placed beside the tub for safety.
6 night trip Jan 20, 2013
"Great hotel!"
Great location, great staff, excellent breakfast. Everything you need for a reasonable price.
Other trip Jan 24, 2013
Jose
"Nice looking, horrible service, false advertising."
The hotel looked nice, the breakfast was ok. The staff was nice but they seriously misadvertised on hotels.com what you would get. We pre-paid for a pillow-top king bed. So we get there and the mattress is a king but its sitting on a full size box, we slid off the sides, not pillow top either. We got switched to a new room two nights later finally, and the bed was king but again was not pillow top, even harder than before, and this time we had no mini bar. We went to to the front desk and they said they could nothing that night, and they didnt do anything for the rest of our stay. Other things were that the hotel was very noisy starting at 6 am, you could hear people talking as if they were in our room.
4 night trip Jan 8, 2013
Alan
"Food Service & check-out flexibility"
Nice Gardens, I have two complaints: a)No place where to eat Jan 1st. The front desk didn't even have a pizza delivery number to call. b) They wanted us out on the dot at 12:00 noon, no buts.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2013
"Big rooms. Peaceful location. Far from services."
The rooms are huge. Breakfast is very good. Pool offers plenty of shade. Very safe. Must pass through two guarded gates in order to reach the hotel. No restaurant or bar after 3:00 pm. About a 20 minute walk to downtown Playa. About a 1/2 hour walk to the beach.
Other trip Jan 5, 2013
Pat
"Quiet and confortable stay"
Great Hotel if you dont want to be just in Playa del Carmen (the beach is about 30 minute walk). Has enough parking lots, nice and quiet neighbourhood, great breakfast buffet; deffinetely ask for a room on first floor with balcony as we did.....much better than on ground floor. It might be difficult to find this hotel if you are not aware about the location. It is situated in Playacar so you have to pass 2 ramps to get there. (check on internet first)
Other trip Dec 27, 2012
Tomas
"A quiet peaceful hidden gem"
A hidden gem. This hotel seems to draw primarily business folks. It is a bit off the beaten path, which makes it wonderful. Peaceful, quiet and in a beautiful setting. Your clients need to know that less than 1/4 mile away is a small shopping area with three restaurants, a laundry, and a convenience store (24/7). Surely no one needs to pay US$6+ to travel that distance. The beach is about one mile away, easily accessible on foot in about 1/2 hour's walk. It's beautiful, but there are no services right there. We will definately try to stay there again, the next time we are in Playa.
Other trip Dec 26, 2012
Harry
"WELL WORTH THE MONEY"
I had visited Vista Real many years ago when it was still part of the vacation ownership (timeshares) and it was a beautiful place. About three years ago it was sold. The greatest spa I had ever seen is now closed. The hotel itself is kept very clean, but I am starting to see a few things (maintenance issues) being overlooked. Included is free internet (with a computer in the main entrance). Fast and great. The staff is very friendly and when our TV didn't work, the maintenance man came immediately! The breakfast, included with stay, is amazing. It is an entire small but varied buffet, with different native Mexican foods daily, cheeses, cold meats, coffee, cereals, etc. The only negative I really have about the hotel is the distance from town. If you have a car, it is an idealic and calming setting in the middle of the golf course in Playacar. Walking is another thing. It was hot, but...
Other trip Dec 5, 2012
Paty
"Lovely stay!"
Quiet, comfortable, worth the money spent. A very nice sabbatical from the usual hotel stay.
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
"nice hotel for couples"
it was nice, only that the food at breakfast was very cold everyday.. but the employers are very nice and polite, I will go back..
Other trip Nov 25, 2012
"Unique hotel in a great tropical setting"
Hotel had a grand presence. Beautiful architectural details. Peaceful, quite setting but yet within walking distance to Playa De Carmen. Great breakfast included!
Other trip Nov 21, 2012
Jose
I felt like a queen in our room. Very helpful staff and a quit atmosphere. I didn't realize we were next to a golf course, which was fun, but also allowed us to see a lot of unusual animals we would not have seen in town!
1 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2012
The Vista Real in Playa del Carmen was a delightful peace of old Mexico with modern conveniences. Way more than you would expect for the price. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was ecellent. The hotel is located on a beautiful golf couse and is in easy walking distance of 5th Ave.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2012
LarryM
"dissapointing"
the room wasn't clean, the breakfast bufett was really bad, and we couldnt get hot water until the next morning
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
"Great getaway for anyone"
Very nice and quite. Huge outdoordownfall covered lobby andis good sizedu rooms. Very quitegood and peacful. Pool was very nice, great all you can eat breakfast by the pool. 15 minute walk to the shops and beach, also to the ferry over to cozumel. The staff was great and nice.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012
"great value"
Very nice. Good value for the price. Breakfast is really good, and the bed was very comfortable. Staff was helpful, they let us do a let check-out for free which was really convenient. Great hotel!
Other trip Aug 24, 2012
"Great hotel for the family"
I was very surprise with this hotel ,very huge with a living roon and kitchen and a valcony
Other trip Aug 22, 2012
The King
"Great value for high Star Hotel"
Stay was great. Beautiful setting, beautiful rooms, and friendly staff. Breakfast buffet was tops. Only downsides, did not get the room I resesrved and not on or near the beaches, but the taxi are readily and cheap...
Family trip Aug 13, 2012
Tony

"Overall Just OK"
The Royal Suite we were given was very dated - the sofa bed was falling apart and was unusable to sit on let alone pull out. The beds are mattresses on concrete bases, so VERY hard. We asked for pillow tops and they did bring them the next day, they helped a little. The shower in the king room was very odd. The head is very high up and it is awkward. We didn't really use the kitchen, except for the fridge. The stove was disgusting, inside and out. They will clean the kitchen for an extra charge, I personally think it should be clean for each new guest. There was a piece of bacon left in the microwave. The location is not great, one reviewer suggested it was a 15 minute walk to town, I would like to know their route! It was just over 30 minutes for us and we are not slow walkers! If you are looking for a quiet getaway, not on the beach, then this place is lovely.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
AreJayEm
"Hotel is in horrible condition - rotting away!"
The hotel is literally crumbling. Walls and ceilings are rotting and falling in, pipes are bursting, and so many things are not working properly - too much to list. Staff try very hard but there is only so much they can do. Management has raised prices over the last year but not addressed maintenance. There are many, many better value choices in the area.
5 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
"Crumbling due to lack of maintenance-gone downhill"
Hotel is in terrible shape - bathroom ceiling fell in, water pipe burst in ceiling, door locks don't work, shower is broken. Staff try hard but hotel is in such bad condition they don't have a chance. Management seems completely uninterested in solving maintenance problems. Stayed here a year ago and the place has really deteriorated.
5 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
"Always a good experience"
Quiet. Private and location in Playacar is nice. Breakfast is good although buffet is sometimes cold. Taxis entering Playacar charge $5 more on top of the fare donut can get expensive going in and out of the area.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"EUROSTAR"
Hotel was the very best value in PLAYA. Very large suits,quite,strong internet and very nice staff.I would rate this hotel 4.5 stars for local and business travellers.
10 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
STERLING
MX
"Standard hotel close to amenities"
Hotel looks nice in the website but facilities need to improved, specially rooms. Now is in maintenance. People really nice and helpful.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Quiet hotel"
First off this hotel is quite a ways from playa del carmen 5th ave but you can walk in about 45 minutes not 20 unless you're power walking ! The suite is comfortable but not very clean , I mean the basics are done like the floors counters etc. but the door handles , the toilet walls , the taps , the cupboard doors and pulls were like they were never cleaned . I bought Lysol wipes to wash them . The living room has beautiful white leather furniture in it but it has a lot of mold stains on them , we did not sit on them and then I at least bought a blanket and was able to sit and watch tv. The kitchen is not very well equipped for cooking , they only had a pan , no pot , No coffee pot , no toaster etc. I would probably stay here again but it will not be my first choice !
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
jackie
"Quiet, Relaxing, Good Breakfast"
Good Value!! Booked the Royal Suite thinking it was the rooftop room with a tub and a pool but got a suite with a deluxe studio attached to it. Other than not getting what I expected it still was a very nice room. It was a great stay. Access to the gym was free which is very nice. for 5US you have access to the Dry and wet sauna and pools at the spa. Lounging by the golf course lake is nice and quiet unlike the beach or big resorts. A bit of a walk 15 minutes to get to Playa and 5 minutes if you cut through the golf coarse and beach resorts without getting caught.
9 night romance trip Mar 11, 2014
Jay
"serene hotel with lovely turtles"
Very welcoming staff for our week stay here, helpful, polite and genuinely friendly. The pool and breakfast overlooking the golf course was very pleasant in the mornings, nice quiet hotel, great for a good sleep and blissful holiday. Was just a 20 minute walk into town which was quite a workout in the midday heat. Nice traditional Hacienda hotel away from the big all-inclusives.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
Mya
"Very Mexican"
This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel. Obviously they have a range of room quality and are perhaps making changes to upgrade the rooms that have not been done yet. Our previous stays we have had beautiful rooms with amazing bathrooms. They are extremely clean as well. The staff was excellent being very friendly and helpful. We had to change rooms this time as the bed was rock hard in the first room. The second room the bathroom was aweful and really needed updating. We also had issues with getting cold water at the bathroom sink and enough pressure to have a shower. Otherwise the grounds are beautifully kept and the breakfast was excellent. Again, I can't say enough about the staff.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014