All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
2201 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
I asked for a king size bed and I got two queens. I reserved and purchased a room through hotels.com and its a bit of a process to get your room. There's not good communication through hotels.com and the actual hotel. There were a few guests who had to call they're credit cards and hotels.com to resolve those issues.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
it was a great location and a nice breakfast place within the same building it is sandwiched in between the hotel itself needs some upgrading but the room was clean and comfortable and hot showers with clean bathroom Staff were very friendly we were only there to sleep as we were exploring San Francisco I would say its a good place to stay, if you are looking for a hotel to swim and get room service for food and a lobby then don't book but with free WiFi and parking its a good deal I would stop again here
4 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
michael
Stayed 4 days , was comfortable enough could do with an up grade but good location reasonable cost .
4 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
ivan
"Worst hotel on our 3000 mile trip!"
Very bad
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Hester
"Where is my King Bed."
The hotel was fine. Cleaner than others I had stayed at in town, Better area parking was tight but not a problem. The staff was very helpful and courteous. My main issue was I booked a room with a king bed but I was given a room with two double beds. I am in town with my wife on our 23rd anniversary two double beds are not the same as a king. when I asked about it I was told that was all they had. I was disappointed to say the least. Other that the bed issue it was a fine hotel discount room.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
stuart
"Short notice/Great experience"
This was a great place to stay for the location and price on such short notice. Would definitely stay here again.Must check out the pizza around the block for a late night bite and any number of "dive" bars. Excellent prices and live music even on a Sunday.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Gina
Location is great. The place needs some attention--bathroom fixtures and some furniture are knocked or worn. Chain lock on door was missing.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2015
Katharine
"Had a great stay"
Spur of the moment trip to San Francisco and we were lucky to find this place. It does need a little maintenance but overall a very nice stay.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Kenneth
"Old hotel no frills"
Our stay was just OK. The hotel is old and run down. I felt for the price it wasn't worth it. They did have hbo in the the room and good air conditioning.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
nicole
"Not the fanciest, but good value"
The rooms are clean and basic and although they had been recently renovated , they had that musty smell to them. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It's in a decent neighbourhood , about a half hour walk from Fishermans Wharf , so nice and close to all the action.
4 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Angela
Good price for last minute stay. Comfortable enough.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2015
"Enjoyable"
Was clean, comfortable and relaxing
1 night trip Jul 30, 2015
"San Francisco last minute find Fishermans Wharf"
Got in last minute booking. Hard to find. Have to look way up for sign. Great coffee shop downstairs. Kona coffee in room. Room serviced. Every day. Walking distance from Fishermans Wharf. Maybe 1 mile
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Older hotel. A little rough around the edges, but the staff was nice and the room was clean.
4 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Flavor of the City"
Clean Quaint & Comfortable
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
"Solo getaway"
Love my stay with a comfortable king size bed...very convenient location...going north or south, you won't miss it on Van Ness and Broadway.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2015
"Great diner next door!"
Nice weekend get away... Good location. Nice diner next door with great food and excellent waitstaff! Definitely would stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
david
"Recommend"
Lady who checked us in was very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. We weren't right on the street, so it was fairly quiet.
1 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Sandra
"Full size vehicles beware."
Hotel is old but clean. Parking is not good. If you have a full size vehicle, parking spots are tight. We went to a weeknight giants game and when we came back there was NO parking. The front desk said we could double park and leave the key at the desk and they would move it if needed. The access in the parking lot was so tight that I did not trust anyone else driving my car through it. I got lucky and found a spot on the street. There is a good little coffee shop on site that serves breakfast and lunch.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Everyone very nice!Comfortable clean roomd
1 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Johnny
"my stay"
Was ok
1 night trip Jun 1, 2015
merrill
"Last minute stay was worth it"
The front desk guy was great! And you very central to everything as well as being in a nicer area. the hotel is older but it's clean and the beds are comfortable and the water is hot!
2 night trip Jun 8, 2015
Jhon
"Good hotel"
Great staff. Good location. Room was clean and nice. Bed were good and good size. Overall a good experience will stay there again.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
luis
"Quick trip to San Fran"
It was perfect for what it was a quick stop in San Francisco. Except they did give us a dirty room at first but they quick to fix this. If your staying here its for a cheep room, not service or amenities.
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
The staff was nice, the rooms were not as nice as advertised and not as clean. The location was convenient but the 11am check out time was not. If check in is at 3pm, then 4 hours to prep the room for another guest seems excessive
Other trip May 30, 2015
"Walking distance to the piers."
The staff was really great but the rooms were okay, the good thing about this place was the free parking.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Big O
Excellent shower room! Clean rooms. Complimentary Wifi is a little bit slow and there's no premium channels. laundry on site not in building. You have to go across the street to another inn to do the laundry.
Other trip May 21, 2015
justin
"Not for Family Stays"
The hotel is not for families. It is really set up for back packer type travellers. The location is great but the rooms smell of cigarettes (despite the no smoking signs, patrons smoke on balconies). The walls and floors and ceilings are so thin you can hear everything in adjoining rooms and people come and go at all hours of the day and night. The parking area is open and filled with pigeons who do their business across your car. Staff were friendly enough. We ended up cutting our stay short by a week and leaving.
7 night family trip May 8, 2015
Marcello
"a good manager"
its my favorite spot in my own words I said a good place that's mein a good management.the manger he is just amazing he rowing a wonderful job he keep his customers in a good mood all the time happy.thanks Jose
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
"Good location."
Good location. Within walking distance to the wharf.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
LYNETTE
"The savings NOT WORTH IT!"
The Room was OK. The entrance and elevator extremely creapy, parking sucks, we went out for a little bit and came back and no parking we had to park in the street!!! But I guess you do get what you paid for.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Joyce
"You get what you pay for!"
The only reason we booked this hotel was because it was the only one we could get with free parking at a low rate. You get what you pay for. Free parking and a falling apart / noisy / old and dusty room.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"good spot"
It was great
1 night trip May 7, 2015
Abuzahra. S
"San Francisco Getaway on a Budget."
The hotel lobby, elevator and room doors all give the hotel a bad appearance. The room was ok but the beds and pillows were comfortable. The hotel is centrally located with plenty of public transportation options.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
maria
"the INN ON Broadway ***+_"
It's the best in the 4 the same level hotels in San Francisco friendly clean close to F.W north beach the marina lamberd st all this places within walking distance. I loveit
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
saber
"Good Location and Great Price"
Like the location of this hotel. Plenty around to walk. Free parking is a bonus. Room was clean and furnishings look relatively new and modern. Only downside of experience was the smell of the room. It smelled like they had tried to cover up some bad underlying odor (cigarette smoke?) with carpet freshener that smelled almost as bad. I would have changed rooms if I to stayed more than one night. To be fair, this isn't the only hotel where I have had this experience. Cigarette smoke is insidious. I'd stay at this hotel again. The price for the room was a bargain.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Greg
"In need of some TLC"
Our room was on the 3rd story and in need of some definite care and updates. Everything looks old and feels old and NOT in the delightful antique hispster kind of way. It probably has not really been updated in a few decades. Even the door to the room was worn and peeling. A few missing tiles on the bathroom sink, red undistinguishable stickiness on the nightstand and someone else's chinese takeout in the fridge rounded out a solid, somewhat generous, 2 star rating. My advice? Unless they are offering free-night specials look elsewhere.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Ryan & Cher
"don't book thru Expedia, you cant get a roll away"
the staff gave us extra bedding, to sleep on the floor
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
mar
"Tyler's Birthday trip!"
It just took a bit to get checked in.
1 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2015
Danial
"my favorite spot in San Francisco"
wonderful place I love it I stay somewhere else if they don't have anything available good stuff friendly
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
saber
"Great location and a great price!"
I stayed for 5 days and found the hotel met all my needs, the rooms were clean and quiet. The view of the Golden Gate Bridge and the bay from my room was surprising. Will definitely stay there again if I am in San Francisco.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"A secret gem"
We wanted somewhere close to the Regency Theater and this is in easy walking distance. Plenty of places to eat and drink in neighborhood. Traffic is busy, but not too noisy. There is limited parking at the hotel but it is free! Wi-Fi works great too. This will be our frequent stop when we are in the City for concerts etc. Not the most up to date hotel, but clean, comfortable and we felt totally safe walking the area at night.
1 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
"Good hotel, expensive restaurant on property"
I enjoyed my stay overall. The room was very adequate. However the Wifi was spotty and unreliable. I was hoping that the restaurant would have reasonable prices like a hotel coffee shop, however it seemed rather expensive.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Great stay love the location"
You get more for what you pay. Everything is in great condition and clean. Friendly from disk and nice free parking. Just one thing should be upgraded and thats the metal bed frames and was a bit lose. Over all 8 out of 10.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Would not stay here again."
Upon approaching the hotel, it looked to be ok. Upon pulling in, my disappointment started. It looked old and rundown. Staff was great, but that is the best thing about this hotel. Many unfinished locations. Main elevator was horrible, No hallways, just walkways. Would not call it an inn at all. more like a small run down apartment complex.Room was a decent size, but there were stains on the comforter and sheets as well as the floor. Shower was filthy to the point where I decided not to take one. I was there on business, and needed to use my computer, but the internet was down as well.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Lex
"Decent stay for the price in SF"
Spring break with family. There seemed to be more criminal activity during our stay but it didn't affect us overall. Motel is centrally located to go anywhere by bus. Rooms were basic but clean and comfortable. A little noisy since on a busy street. For the price and location I'd consider going there again.
2 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Alisha
"Budget and a good location."
Walking distance to the water (about 15-20 minutes), easy access to bus routes anywhere, friendly staff, decent sized rooms with the stuff you need (fridge etc.). On a budget I can't think of a better place for a few nights stay.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
k
"Nice Localization"
Nice localization, near the main points to see in San Francisco when you are using public transportation
5 night trip Mar 1, 2015
ARAKEN
"Great nights sleep"
The beds are comfortable, and the shower has great pressure, not of of those low pressure shower heads that barely have any pressure.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2015
It was good. I liked it. The location was good and customer service was too good.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015