All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
2201 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
  • Value
    Service is adequate
    Bad internet service
Location is great. The place needs some attention--bathroom fixtures and some furniture are knocked or worn. Chain lock on door was missing.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2015
Katharine
"It was ok"
The room was sufficient for staying just one night. The drawers were dirty and my room wreaked of marijuana. Comfortable bed and it was nice to have a fridge an microwave. The price is way too high for the quality though
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Had a great stay"
Spur of the moment trip to San Francisco and we were lucky to find this place. It does need a little maintenance but overall a very nice stay.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Kenneth
"Old hotel no frills"
Our stay was just OK. The hotel is old and run down. I felt for the price it wasn't worth it. They did have hbo in the the room and good air conditioning.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
nicole
"Not the fanciest, but good value"
The rooms are clean and basic and although they had been recently renovated , they had that musty smell to them. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It's in a decent neighbourhood , about a half hour walk from Fishermans Wharf , so nice and close to all the action.
4 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Angela
Good price for last minute stay. Comfortable enough.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2015
"Enjoyable"
Was clean, comfortable and relaxing
1 night trip Jul 30, 2015
"Good area. Convenient for cable car"
Good area. Cnvenient for Canle car although bit of a hill to go up!
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"San Francisco last minute find Fishermans Wharf"
Got in last minute booking. Hard to find. Have to look way up for sign. Great coffee shop downstairs. Kona coffee in room. Room serviced. Every day. Walking distance from Fishermans Wharf. Maybe 1 mile
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Older hotel. A little rough around the edges, but the staff was nice and the room was clean.
4 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Flavor of the City"
Clean Quaint & Comfortable
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
"Don't Believe The Pictures or Reviews"
My wife and I are traveling across the US stopping in San Franciso prior to a cruise. We had read the reviews and looked at the pictures of this place as well as checked on the location. DO NOT rely on any of that. I suspect that many of the previous reviews were written by the owners. We have stayed in SF before as well as many other places on our journey across the states. This was BY FAR the WORST place we stayed. If you like 1950 vintage motels, or mattresses that haven't been changed in 15 years, or the smell of a musty room with dirty carpet, or an elevator from the 1920s that had to be a converted dumb waiter, or the sound of street traffic all night long (this place is right on one of the busiest streets in SF), THEN this place is definitely for you. The concrete steps to the second floor if you don't take the elevator are worn so bad they are about to fall down. Even the front desk clerk could not give us a TV channel listing despite three different requests finally telling mt that "we used to have one but I don't think we have it anymore". They only had one list? Simply amazing. So, in summary, enter at your own risk and "buyer beware".
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Ed
"the only good thing is the location."
However, the location does not justify to charge ridiculous prices for a dirty and bad smelling hotel room. I know this is SF. However, I do not like brazenness just because it is a popular place.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Close to the city"
We got a good deal on our stay, therefore compared to what we paid for, everything is good. Every room in here is non-smoking. The room is nice and clean. Parking space is limited, ice machine was broken.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Solo getaway"
Love my stay with a comfortable king size bed...very convenient location...going north or south, you won't miss it on Van Ness and Broadway.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2015
"Hotel close to everything"
One night stay only but very nice clean friendly on the middle of everything I will stay here again
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
carlos
"Great diner next door!"
Nice weekend get away... Good location. Nice diner next door with great food and excellent waitstaff! Definitely would stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
david
"Recommend"
Lady who checked us in was very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. We weren't right on the street, so it was fairly quiet.
1 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Sandra
"Full size vehicles beware."
Hotel is old but clean. Parking is not good. If you have a full size vehicle, parking spots are tight. We went to a weeknight giants game and when we came back there was NO parking. The front desk said we could double park and leave the key at the desk and they would move it if needed. The access in the parking lot was so tight that I did not trust anyone else driving my car through it. I got lucky and found a spot on the street. There is a good little coffee shop on site that serves breakfast and lunch.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Everyone very nice!Comfortable clean roomd
1 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Johnny
"my stay"
Was ok
1 night trip Jun 1, 2015
merrill
"Last minute stay was worth it"
The front desk guy was great! And you very central to everything as well as being in a nicer area. the hotel is older but it's clean and the beds are comfortable and the water is hot!
2 night trip Jun 8, 2015
Jhon
"CLOSE TO FACILITIES"
THE HOTEL WAS CLOSE TO FACILITIES AND POINTS OF INTEREST, IT WAS A MODERATE HOTEL TIDY BUT THE BED WAS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Great location, great price!"
Nice, clean, centrally located hotel. Free parking is a plus in the city. I was here over night, the room was comfy, slept like a baby! You can walk about a half mile to pier 39, or take a $5-$7 cab ride. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
tangerine
"great hotel for a frisco trip"
overall just right for what was needed, low price for very comfortable beds, best fridge size I've ever seen and microwave, parking was the only annoying thing because it's very tight spaces, and I had a sedan, so trucks even harder if your going to park in the bottom parking lot
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
"Good hotel"
Great staff. Good location. Room was clean and nice. Bed were good and good size. Overall a good experience will stay there again.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
luis
"Quick trip to San Fran"
It was perfect for what it was a quick stop in San Francisco. Except they did give us a dirty room at first but they quick to fix this. If your staying here its for a cheep room, not service or amenities.
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
The staff was nice, the rooms were not as nice as advertised and not as clean. The location was convenient but the 11am check out time was not. If check in is at 3pm, then 4 hours to prep the room for another guest seems excessive
Other trip May 30, 2015
"Walking distance to the piers."
The staff was really great but the rooms were okay, the good thing about this place was the free parking.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Big O
Excellent shower room! Clean rooms. Complimentary Wifi is a little bit slow and there's no premium channels. laundry on site not in building. You have to go across the street to another inn to do the laundry.
Other trip May 21, 2015
justin
"Not for Family Stays"
The hotel is not for families. It is really set up for back packer type travellers. The location is great but the rooms smell of cigarettes (despite the no smoking signs, patrons smoke on balconies). The walls and floors and ceilings are so thin you can hear everything in adjoining rooms and people come and go at all hours of the day and night. The parking area is open and filled with pigeons who do their business across your car. Staff were friendly enough. We ended up cutting our stay short by a week and leaving.
7 night family trip May 8, 2015
Marcello
"a good manager"
its my favorite spot in my own words I said a good place that's mein a good management.the manger he is just amazing he rowing a wonderful job he keep his customers in a good mood all the time happy.thanks Jose
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
"Good location."
Good location. Within walking distance to the wharf.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
LYNETTE
"The savings NOT WORTH IT!"
The Room was OK. The entrance and elevator extremely creapy, parking sucks, we went out for a little bit and came back and no parking we had to park in the street!!! But I guess you do get what you paid for.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Joyce
"You get what you pay for!"
The only reason we booked this hotel was because it was the only one we could get with free parking at a low rate. You get what you pay for. Free parking and a falling apart / noisy / old and dusty room.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"good spot"
It was great
1 night trip May 7, 2015
Abuzahra. S
"San Francisco Getaway on a Budget."
The hotel lobby, elevator and room doors all give the hotel a bad appearance. The room was ok but the beds and pillows were comfortable. The hotel is centrally located with plenty of public transportation options.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
maria
"the INN ON Broadway ***+_"
It's the best in the 4 the same level hotels in San Francisco friendly clean close to F.W north beach the marina lamberd st all this places within walking distance. I loveit
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
saber
"Good Location and Great Price"
Like the location of this hotel. Plenty around to walk. Free parking is a bonus. Room was clean and furnishings look relatively new and modern. Only downside of experience was the smell of the room. It smelled like they had tried to cover up some bad underlying odor (cigarette smoke?) with carpet freshener that smelled almost as bad. I would have changed rooms if I to stayed more than one night. To be fair, this isn't the only hotel where I have had this experience. Cigarette smoke is insidious. I'd stay at this hotel again. The price for the room was a bargain.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Greg
"In need of some TLC"
Our room was on the 3rd story and in need of some definite care and updates. Everything looks old and feels old and NOT in the delightful antique hispster kind of way. It probably has not really been updated in a few decades. Even the door to the room was worn and peeling. A few missing tiles on the bathroom sink, red undistinguishable stickiness on the nightstand and someone else's chinese takeout in the fridge rounded out a solid, somewhat generous, 2 star rating. My advice? Unless they are offering free-night specials look elsewhere.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Ryan & Cher
"don't book thru Expedia, you cant get a roll away"
the staff gave us extra bedding, to sleep on the floor
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
mar
"Tyler's Birthday trip!"
It just took a bit to get checked in.
1 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2015
Danial
"my favorite spot in San Francisco"
wonderful place I love it I stay somewhere else if they don't have anything available good stuff friendly
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
saber
"Great location and a great price!"
I stayed for 5 days and found the hotel met all my needs, the rooms were clean and quiet. The view of the Golden Gate Bridge and the bay from my room was surprising. Will definitely stay there again if I am in San Francisco.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"A secret gem"
We wanted somewhere close to the Regency Theater and this is in easy walking distance. Plenty of places to eat and drink in neighborhood. Traffic is busy, but not too noisy. There is limited parking at the hotel but it is free! Wi-Fi works great too. This will be our frequent stop when we are in the City for concerts etc. Not the most up to date hotel, but clean, comfortable and we felt totally safe walking the area at night.
1 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
When we checked in the first thing we saw was a hooker and her customer. There were people in and out of the room next to us all night till about 4:30am. We laid awake all night
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Good hotel, expensive restaurant on property"
I enjoyed my stay overall. The room was very adequate. However the Wifi was spotty and unreliable. I was hoping that the restaurant would have reasonable prices like a hotel coffee shop, however it seemed rather expensive.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Great stay love the location"
You get more for what you pay. Everything is in great condition and clean. Friendly from disk and nice free parking. Just one thing should be upgraded and thats the metal bed frames and was a bit lose. Over all 8 out of 10.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Would not stay here again."
Upon approaching the hotel, it looked to be ok. Upon pulling in, my disappointment started. It looked old and rundown. Staff was great, but that is the best thing about this hotel. Many unfinished locations. Main elevator was horrible, No hallways, just walkways. Would not call it an inn at all. more like a small run down apartment complex.Room was a decent size, but there were stains on the comforter and sheets as well as the floor. Shower was filthy to the point where I decided not to take one. I was there on business, and needed to use my computer, but the internet was down as well.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Lex
"Decent stay for the price in SF"
Spring break with family. There seemed to be more criminal activity during our stay but it didn't affect us overall. Motel is centrally located to go anywhere by bus. Rooms were basic but clean and comfortable. A little noisy since on a busy street. For the price and location I'd consider going there again.
2 night family trip Mar 24, 2015