All hotels in South Lake Tahoe, California, United States of America
1 Lake Pkwy, South Lake Tahoe, CA, 96150, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"We saw a bear!"
We drove up and saw a cute bear in the parking lot eating from the trash can. That was exciting! This place had good service, and a cozy room. We had a one bedroom suite and only complaint was that the door didn't close all the way it wasn't plush with the door frame. 10 minute walk to the casinos. Good breakfast. We would come back again.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Wonderful place to stay and the staff was very friendly. We had major issues finding parking which detracted from the experience, and the weekend we were there happened to very noisy just due to drunken people who weren't guests but seemed to be partying in other people's suites
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Caitlin
"dont stay here"
Twice the price of crummy strip hotels, but only half as nice. A real dump.NOT a 4 or even 3 star.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
"Expensive for nothing!!"
We paid more then $200 for the room. Room small, bathroom/shower really really small.Stuff under the beds..... Everything is old. Breakfast horrible!!!!!!! the only positive side is the staff at the front desk.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Great location, great for families, full breakfast, full kitchens, walking distance to all the main attractions
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Val
"Tahoe Family Retreat"
It was a great last minute get away everyone there was courteous they even upgrade our stay at no extra cost. Located in the center of everything...
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Y
It's very duty and noise. It's not worthy even $100 per night. It's so disappointed. Almost wanted to leave right the way. Will never and ever go back. It's a such nightmare.
2 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
hong
"Overpriced And outdated"
Hotel is way overpriced, no elevators.. Very outdated. Pool area was dingy.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Hotel was great. Super close to anything you need. Hotel is a little dated but definitely cozy and comfortable. Very friendly and cozy environment.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"was ok"
room service was not great
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Melinda
"Great Hotel staff"
The hotel is a little older with a rickety elevator but the rooms are very nicely decorated and the staff is wonderful to deal with
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Great place for family!
4 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Mike D
"eh.."
not bad for the price, considering the location. rooms do need a little maintenance.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2015
Timothy
"Wonderful home away from home"
We were able to have all the comforts of home while vacationing. They provided a full size crib for our baby, which is a huge plus for us.
5 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
angela
"It aint no "resort""
The rooms, corridors and stairs have a run down feel to them. The carpets in the rooms were dirty, old and smelly. The rooms are definitely suites, but the hotel is no "resort". Far from it.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Pictures dont convey the smell"
Everything except the lobby is old. The hotel needs updating.
2 night family trip May 28, 2015
Christine
"Bring your own pillow"
Pillows were extremely uncomfortable. We tried calling to have extras delivered and no one answered our call. It was only 10pm. Tried calling through our cell phone on main line & after 8 minutes we finally hung up. On the plus side: Location couldn't be better & breakfast buffet was good.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Leslie
"Best get away hotel ever."
My best friend and I needed to get away for the weekend. We arrived late so I just called in advice to let then know. I love this hotel, it a street off the main street. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchen was nice. The hotel also has kids activities (I Didn't bring kids but I notice the activities). Well differently be going back.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
maria
"Great Amenities, Awesome location"
My friend and I came to Tahoe to ride our bikes around the lake in training for the Aids LifeCycle ride and had 3 of our friends come with us. We opted for the suite and slept the 5 of us comfortably in the hotel. The suite includes a full size fridge, stove, sink, dining table, coffee maker. There's also a pullout sofa, but it was very thin, like most sofa sleepers (we brought our double air mattress). The service and amenities here are really what sell this place. We were able to trade in one of our days of housekeeping (while still able to get fresh towels) to get a free bottle of wine. What hotel does that!? Since we were only staying 2 nights, and got in at about 10:30pm the first night, we opted for free wine. There is also a gym, outdoor hot tub & pool, covered (garage-like) parking. Location. This hotel is located directly behind the Heavenly Village. 2 minute walk to shopping, dining, or the Gondola. We will definitely be staying here again!
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Rob
"Good Location"
Great location, helpful staff rooms are dated and not very comfortable.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Very nice hotel, a little old but great overall experience. the kitchenette was very useful and clean
Other trip May 11, 2015
Engineer
"Beautiful location and a BIG cozy room!"
We were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room we had. Two FULL bedrooms, two baths, living area with a sofa bed and a kitchen. Right in the beautiful Heavenly Village amid all the fun and adventure.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Pretty Decent"
We have stayed at this hotel before in the summer and fall, and it was really nice. It seems that their daily resort fee has gone up, but the swimming pool was covered. When you stay for more than one night, they ask if you would be willing to forego full room cleaning in place of a gift for that day, i.e., bottle of wine, movie snacks, hiking snacks, etc. Although someone would come to empty trash and replace towels. We opted for this for one night and no one came at all and we never got the gift. I think staying here in the summer or fall might be a better idea. However, it seems like a great place for families.
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Grace
"Staff were nice. Liked the breakfast & activities"
I went with my family. We enjoyed the activities and the breakfast. The suite was nice clean and spacious. Overall I would recommend it.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Maribel
"Location.....Location ...Location"
The rooms are a bit old BUT the staff is PHENOMENAL!! In particular Roberto at the Lobby!! A+ Customer Service.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
A
"Old building & a rude staff member"
The hotel is old structure. Carpet in room is old & looks worn out, lift is of ancient times & when inside the air has some distinct smell. Front desk is courteous but the lady who was giving marshmellows in the evening activity was rude.
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
"Great location!"
Overall, good experience at this hotel. Location was perfect. Walking distance to casinos, bars, Starbucks. Grocery store nearby. Stayed just overnight on 3/21/2015 but was thrilled to see a large black bear with her 3 larger cubs on the hotel grounds. We notified the staff and they quickly came out and gently coerced the family of bears to leave peacefully. Wow, was never expecting that, but it was AWESOME!!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Javier
Great hotel... my only complaint is that the pillows are like bags of cement...
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
LabRatJen
"Perfect family resort for skiing at Heavenly."
Fantastic family-friendly resort for a ski vacation. Walk to Gondola, ski school, restaurants and shops.
4 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
Wendy
"Good place to stay!!"
I really liked how close the hotel was to the gondola. I also was happy about the 2nd day gift. Beds weren't very comfy. But otherwise great.
2 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"Awesome place"
We stood in this resort for the first time and we loved it. We will def be staying here again.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"As others have said, Location Location, Location"
Been said everywhere else, this place is about proximatey...to the gondola, to nightlife, to groceries if you'd rather. I liked it. That said, the rooms feel old. Clean though. I might bring my own sheets in the future, as these felt a little heavy on the bleach. But yeah...I'd stay again.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Great location for Heavenly skiing!"
Forest Suites Resort has an amazing location! It's right behind the gondola in Heavenly Village, literally steps away from restaurants, cafes, movies, shops, and skiing! The hotel also offers fun guest activities, like late afternoon wine happy hour and nighttime s'mores roast. There is a spacious community game room with video games, arcade games, foosball, and billiards. Best of all, the hotel offers a hot breakfast buffet (included with room stay). The king-bed room had just enough room for the bed, a sofa, and a small dining table. It wasn't particularly spacious, but the property had plenty of large community space: a large lounge area by check-in (big comfy couches), the aforementioned game room, and the dining room. Highly recommended if you are skiing at Heavenly!
4 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
"Very outdated"
Need painting and new carpets Very close to gondola Great location Good breakfast They add 15 dollars mandatory fee
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
good place
"Weekend away for skiing"
A weekend away for ski trip. The hotel staff was very friendly, and the location is fantastic. My husband could walk right down to the gondola for Heavenly Valley, and I would meet him at the end of the day. I didn't drive my car once we got there until we left. It's right next to Heavenly Village which has shops, restaurants, and a movie theater. The room is a little dated but very clean. We opted out of having our room cleaned the next day. Instead we received a bottle of wine and fresh towels which was great. The beds are pretty firm, but there is a refrigerator and microwave in the room.
2 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Great location and helped us by getting more dishware for the kitchen. Was a little disappointed that we weren't able to get "late checkout", but the location made up for that.
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
Jamie
"Comfortable and Convienient!"
Enjoyable stay,next to Heavenly Village is a plus. The breakfast; food was ample, but on the lower end. Staff is quite attentive and definitely enjoyed the wine and cheese hour!
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Stuart
Excellent location. Close to everything. Spacious two bedroom suite. Well stocked rooms. Wi-Fi is spotty. Pillows were like bricks. Everything else was fine. I would definitely recommend for location and price.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Ok but not great"
Showers were cold, I was afraid to wash my hair because the water was cold so quick. Room was run down, shower floor was flaking, windows were old and it was difficult to keep the bedrooms warm. The kitchen was nice to have, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast was decent.
4 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Don't trust the pictures!"
Let me begin with the staff. They were super helpful and friendly no complaints whatsoever, everyone from the front desk to the maintenance team had great personalities and were apparently trained exceptionally well. The hotels condition however confused me. I expected a nice, updated place. The front desk and lobby was fine but my room and the actual property was not. The owners really would benefit if they upgraded the rooms. We booked two separate two bedroom suits and for the price we paid during Presidents' Day weekend I expected more. The walls looked like they had not been painted in years and were stained, the bathrooms and kitchens look old and nothing was updated in the suite. Im sure the housekeepers clean very well but the ascetics were off. The online pictures depicted a completely different hotel. From the moment I walked into the hallway I was shocked and disappointed. It looked like a low budget motel 6. Overall we had to make the best of it but I will not return to this hotel unless it seriously gets a face lift.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Brenda
"Perfect location"
Location is fantastic, and staff is quite friendly. Our room was a bit beaten up looking, but it met our needs. Pillows were like bags of wet rice. Other than that, we were happy with our stay.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Tina
"Excelent location"
Really good overall nice and clean the location is really good
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Great location, so-so accommodations"
Great location, right behind the Marriott Timer Lodge and the Gondola up to Heavenly. Other than that, a satisfactory hotel. Imagine a moderate apartment-converted-into-a- hotel. Nothing spectacular.
1 night trip Feb 13, 2015
Jaris
"Quick Tahoe Getaway"
Quick trip to Tahoe.....this was a great location for visiting casinos within walking distance
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Maria
"Short walk to the Gondola"
The place was not what it looked like in the pics, but the location was great. 1 min walk to the gondola. Rooms we're clean, but really motel-ish. Not the suite I expected at all. Location, location, location. I'd stay again if there was no other place that close available.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Patrick
"Great for all"
Awesome location Tons of evening activities for family and kids Awesome location
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
scott
Good location, the hotel room is a bit old, but clean.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
MR
"Convenient stay in Heavenly Village"
Came with a group of friends for a few days of riding at Heavenly. It doesn't get more convenient than staying right near the gondola in the village. This is an older building, but the staff are accommodating and the price usually right for what it is.
3 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
Dallas
"Extemely close to heavenly gondola!"
We got upgrated to a full suite! The place was clean and staff was super nice. The only downside, the hitel itself is old and might need some upgrades;) overall GREAT PLACE!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
erik
"Great location and nice amenities"
Staff helpful, great breakfast, fun activities like s'mores and hot cocoa bar, and excellent location. Beds uncomfortable as I woke up sore the next day. Also, the elevator had a weird smell to it. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015