All hotels in Lompoc, California, United States of America
1200 N H St, Lompoc, CA, 93436, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Overnight Stay"
I have stayed in this hotel on another occasion last year so I kinda new what to expect. Too my surprise it is under new management and there was remodeling going on. The bathrooms have been remodeled and are beautiful and was told by management that they are getting ready to redo all of the carpet. Appreciate the cleanliness. Nothing like being on a rode trip in 100 degree weather and finding a nice clean bathroom to shower in. I did have an opportunity to speak with management and he seemed very nice and eager to please. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I like being in the vicinity of places to eat or dine. As a matter of fact this motel is right across the street from Wendy's, Kentucky Fried Chicken and other places to eat and is about 1.5 miles to Walmart and a shopping mall. Everything you need is right in this area. When I come back, I will book early enough to get a room on the second floor though because the walking and coming in and out of the hotel rooms on the first floor (which is where I was) can be annoying at night. I was too sleepy to let it bother me though; however, one of the other people I was traveling with did say something. I will be back again next month and will stay at this hotel again
Response by Inn at Highway 1
WOW! Thank you for such a glowing review of your recent visit at Inn at Highway 1. I am delighted to read that you was able to stay in one of our remodeled rooms. We have major improvements planned at the hotel and are very excited and proud to welcome you back as one of our valued repeat guest.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Friendly staff. No Air Conditioning.
4 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
"one night stay"
we booked this thinking it was closest & cheapest to where we were going in arroyo grande...its not its a drive thru winding hilly road to get into town...& the hotel doesnt have AC....however turned out the mild temps we didnt need, but it was comfortable...we called around found something closer in Santa Maria and hotels.com got us a refund for days not used.
3 night trip Aug 1, 2014
teresa
"Convenient location"
It was clean and comfortable. Staff were expedient and knowledgeable.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
TP
"Book some where else"
Very old and bad hotel. The doors do not seal at all. The walls are paper thin, so you can hear every conversation from the rooms next to you. I would recommend staying at any of the other hotels in that area.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
Gerry M
"Good alternative"
The hotel rooms were big, clean and well maintained. The price was a little on a higher side considering the place is located in the small town.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
No air conditioning, room was very hot. Could open the windows but there were no screens on the windows, defeated the purpose to get some fresh air, didn't want bugs flying in. It was quiet, did not really hear other people coming and going, it was full when we left in the morning . Hotel was adequate for our purpose, we were on a the main street and walked to nearby restaurant for dinner. Also near market, and other strip mall stores.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
shoefrnz
"Perfectly adequate"
Just a place to stay while attending events in Solvang and Lompoc. Room was clean, beds in good condition. Room did not have air conditioning, which was a downside.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
The Rodeway Inn have a pair of outside BBQ pits that were used by locals or the maintenance staff. Either/or they were loud and I had to call the front desk from my cell phone because the phone jack was not wired the wall properly...actually not at all. At least my stay was better than camping, I think?
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
Adrian
"Dirtiest room I've stayed at in a long time"
I was very disappointed with this hotel. If you can get a room under $50, I'd say MAYBE go for it. The thermostat was broken, the sink wouldn't drain, there was no AC, & the bedside lamp wouldn't work. The carpets inside and in the halls were dirty. I haven't worn flip flops in a shower since college... until I stayed here!
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2014
Love the service. Front desk wonderful.
2 night business trip May 28, 2014
Emily
"overnight stay"
Clean room, we had quite a good view. Basic breakfast which was fine. Good value for money.
1 night family trip May 23, 2014
Jane
their was no heating or air was not working noisy all night long I will not stay hear again
1 night trip May 17, 2014
maria
"GoOd bang for the Buck!"
Would stay again.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Carlos
"One Night Stand"
The new owners (it used to be a different brand - the SSID is the old name) are working to upgrade the rooms to a more modern feel. There's fresh paint and new beds; responsive internet connections; actual drawer space; and a wide variety of television selections. I was concerned because of the price, but was very pleased and would stay there again.
1 night business trip May 4, 2014
nancy
It was fine.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Hotel showing age"
Hotel dated, shows age & poor condition. Looks like Maintenance taking place.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"not the best"
heater did not work,dirty behind bathroom door and a little noisy
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Ted
Hotel staff were very accommodating in going out of their way to open up a ground floor room for us. Extremely clean, affordable room and overall facilities. Would definitely stay there again, if passing through that area.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"GREAT PEOPLE!"
It's a basic hotel...nothing fancy but if you just want to be left alone and close your eyes for sleep this is the place. Inexpensive and the rooms are big. Enough soap, coffee, and towels. The place looks exactly like the WESTIN HOTEL when I close my eyes. Its quiet and there are gas stations, 99 cent stores, pharmacy, markets near there also. The pizza delivery people were able to find the hotel room quickly. They were working on renovating a room for ADA but it was not ready.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Luis
"Adequate"
Good size room. Mini fridge and microwave.It was close to where I needed to be. Bed was like sleeping on a board. Management seemed nice.
1 night trip Mar 10, 2014
"Ok for 1 night."
I reserved 2 rooms for the family, 1 room was more banged up. Very basic amenities but close to many restaurants. We left the next morning to La Purisima Mission for my grandson's project. I don't think I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2014
Ai
"Great neighborhood"
All I can say is I would NEVER stay here again.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Teresa
we were just driving through and needed accommodation for the night. Room was clean and comfortable. Location was good for restaurants.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
ramona
"rock hard beds"
Roadway's location is great for me. I like that they have mugs instead of Styrofoam. The breakfast is your basic free breakfast, sweet breakfast pastry and cold cereal. My room was clean but the beds were rock hard. The bedding was nice but worn and the shower was really small and the knob was almost impossible to use. One person in our room took a cold shower. The water stream was useable but the toilet was not seated to the floor. The staff was very polite when I let them know what needed repair.
2 night trip Feb 8, 2014
terri D
"very clean, friendly, efficient staff"
Needed a hotel, Rodeway had great location and price for budget. 25 min to Solvang from Lompoc. Bed was comfortable too. Fridge and hairdryer, coffee maker made it comfortable. Would definitely return.
2 night business trip Jan 26, 2014
miles
"They take pets!!!!"
I chose this hotel because of the price and the fact that they take pets. When I checked in they charged me $ for each pet per nite. I can understand the $ per pet, but, come on, the second nite should not have been charged as they do not clean your room, only make beds and add towels. They were just taking advantage. This hotel must put people with pets in the filthiest of rooms. Our carpet was horribly dirty. Broken doors in bathroom and candy wrappers behind the chairs. The beds were so hard it was miserable. Sorry to say I will never stay in another Rodeway.
2 night trip Jan 8, 2014
Liz
"Good deal for center of town"
Room was clean big spacious easy to keep warm and close to eateries
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
Jay
"Cheap decent room"
Nothing fancy as expected - Decent wifi speeds - shower got the floor wet, no big deal just don't leave your cloths on floor :P
1 night trip Dec 3, 2013
"Not the best, not the worst"
It was definitely not the worst place I've stayed in. That being said, we only needed the room for one night before heading to Solvang the next day and this was as close as I could get to Solvang without spending an arm and a leg. I still feel like I overpaid for it being Lompoc, basically the middle of nowhere. Cons: Hallway carpet desperately needs to be replaced on the second floor. In fact, they really should take it out completely and replace with tile or something. It's disgusting. The drapes inside the room also need replacing. In the morning there was light coming in through holes (forgot my sleeping mask and found that a bit annoying). Pros: Room was clean. There was a Wal-Mart and Starbucks very close which made us happy campers. Wi-Fi worked for most of the night, got kind of slow in the morning.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
"bad customer service"
Girl at the front desk was very rude to my wife on the phone. Even hung up on her twice before connecting her to my room. Note to management: train your staff properly. I will never stay here again
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2013
A.C.
Stayed here over night before visiting Solvang the next day. Clean room, bed and shower. Fridge and microwave in room.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
"Better than expected"
The beds were clean the floor was clean there was a microwave and fridge (both clean) and the lady at the desk could not be more happy or helpful, even when I locked my key in the room. The walls were paper thin but most are no matter where you stay and the only down side was the shower was very small but for the price it was everything I needed. Absolutely lovely.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Erikka
"Good cheap basic hotel"
The title says it all. Has good hot water in the shower, cable tv, good Internet service at a good price. If you usually stay at a $500.00 a night place than this is not your hotel but if you are a normal traveler and need a place to stay in Lompoc than I can reccomend it. Cycle friendly fo these who ride.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"budget minded"
We went through hotels.com on our way to Santa Ynez and the only hotel offered on the site was Rode Way Inn in Lompoc. We reserved a room and we were not sorry. the hotel staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. the room was clean and updated. We would stay there again even if more hotels were offered in the area. Inexpensive but very nice.
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2013
"Great Price for a Decent Hotel"
Quiet, clean ground floor room in a small town. The price was quite reasonable.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Zach
This Inn is clean& beds are comfortable, however we had very noisy neighbors that kept me up. They scared me with their fighting. They kept their car lights on that was park in front of our room.did not get a good night sleep.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Dianne
"Not fancy - not expected to be"
My son and I needed place to sleep the night before watching a Space X rocket lift off from Vandenberg. We chose the Rodeway Inn because it was cheap, close and available. There's nothing fancy here, but we didn't expect anything fancy. Clean linens, non-lumpy beds and a room that looks just like a Westin once the lights are out and your eyes are closed. It worked for us.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
tigerdog
"Needs major updating - would check out Motel 6"
The bed mattress was as hard as a brick, you could hear the motor of the fridge going off all night, the shower heads were so old that the water was barely coming out. I would recommend staying somewhere else for the same price...
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2013
Maria
"A good place to leave your stuff and go explore"
It was precisely what i needed, a place to leave my things to go out to Morro bay / Solvang. about 30 minutes away from most nearby attractions and has a lot of placed to eat nearby. Definitely not the nicest place in the world, but remember that you get what you pay for and for 70 bucks on a weekend---you can't beat that
2 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2013
Marco
"Nice room"
Would stay again very nice & has convenient Locations.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
Ms. Too nice
"Filthy room."
Filthy room, stained carpet, black mold in shower. No one's ac worked. Everyone slept with windows open. Never stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
Dennis
"The basics"
Clean bed, and shower. Very basic. Super hard bed. Served its purpose if you just need a place to crash
2 night trip Sep 11, 2013
Rob
"COMFORTABLE"
Booked a double bedroom... They upgraded us a King size bedroom for FREE!
1 night trip Sep 2, 2013
"went site-seeing with friends"
There was no air conditioner or fan in the room. It was an exceptionally warm weekend so it we had to leave the door open until we went to sleep. Tried to leave the window open but it was a busy street and a bit noisy with hotel guests coming and going. The shower door was too short for the shower stall and water sprayed all over the floor, The towels were a bit worn,
2 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2013
"Trip to see our son"
We were there for 4 nights and the room was perfect for what we needed. The shower was a little small for someone over 6 feet tall. Other than that it was comfortable. The bed was comfortable.
4 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
Debbie
The room was very nice. The breakfast was skimpy. Beds very comfortable.shower heads too low for tall people
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2013
"eh"
Just a cheap, quick overnight stay. Not comfortable at all, but fit our budget for the night.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2013
T.
"everything was fine"
Nice rooms with comfy beds, good breakfast (bananas, 3 types of muffins, 2 types of cereal, milk, coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice). Fast internet connection. Good price. We were satisfied.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
A.
Shower small but very nice for the price of the room. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2013