All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here906 S. Alvarado Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90006, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Other trip Oct 21, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

"Very Loud and Wifi doesn't work"
09/25/14 andreemenezes Seaside, California
The hotel room is normal, there are some problems for example the bad small coming out from the ac. I didn't had problems to make check in. The other people in the hotel tend to be really loud and no one does anything about it. And the price is too high for what they provide. The biggest problem was the internet connection, for the hole time i've stayed I didn't connected, I had to go somewhere else to communicate.
"Hell on Earth."
08/06/14 Mandyferg21 El paso
This hotel (if you want to call it that) is the absolute worst! Everything they show is a lie... Says it's downtown LA, there are sites nearby, clean, etc... Well it is located in the middle of a flea market, there are literally hobos lined up in tents on the street, and it is freaking disgusting! There is a gate around the place I'm assuming to keep the druggies on the street out! Not only is the location horrible but the manager is idiotic! Once we realized we were in hell we quickly wanted to cancel reservations and we couldn't! He wanted us to pay all three nights !!! Luckily we read the policy and it says we only had to pay one ( which is bull ) so we caught him lying to us! So we had to pay 100$ to NOT STAY THERE! And it's the best 100 we have ever spent! After trying to get out of paying the rude man came out and smoked a cig in front of us. All I can say is that this place is TRASH!!!! He even mocked us when we said we would call corporate... Believe me we will! Gross!
"Very inconsiderate and very rude!"
04/08/14 lyelalye Las Vegas, Nevada
We did not make it to our reservation because we had car trouble. I called and pleaded to not be charged for the room for the day but they wouldn't allow it. All they said was: "You can't cancel!". I asked if we could move our reservation to the following week. He said "No!". They didn't even apologize for the fact that they can't accomodate my request. I am very disappointed.
"Hood rat hotel"
04/06/14 ThisUSsailor San Diego, California
If your a Mexican wanna be gangster, then fine, stay here. Because these idiots here, pimps and prostitutes got like 4-5 rooms with ppl coming in and out all night, this place is not a hotel for decent ppl. Sirens around the neighborhood all night. Definitely overpriced for the location and clientele they have here. F this place. Bad decisions!!!
"Horrible"
03/17/14 Jan3kgt Tracy, California
This hotel is disgustingly dirty. No sheet on bed. Only blanket and bedspread. Dirt on floor. Black hand prints on walls and doors. Toilet filthy and hair everywhere.clerk a counter just says when you have a concern. That's the way management wants it. We were bitten by bed bugs or fleas not sure which! Just horrible hotel. It's a total wait of 90 dollars. Hope we didn't catch something from this place. Find another hotel if you want to stay healthy. Worst place I have ever stayed at!!!!!!,!
"overcharged for an extra room! has happened to others too"
03/05/14 Vincent K Irvine, California
They charged us for an extra room, and refuse to cancel the extra charge. And judging from prior reviews, they have done this before. We are currently filing a suit against them in court. Be careful, these are shady people. We reserved and paid for our room on Priceline a week before, and when we got there we wanted to add one more room for our friends. They sneakily charged us for two additional rooms and told us the extra charge was a security deposit. A week later they had not given me back the security deposit and they claim we stayed in 3 rooms when we only stayed in 2. See other comments below, they have done this to other people as well.
"Dont ruin your holiday. stay somewhere else"
11/15/13 kyle w Birmingham, United Kingdom
We stayed here the last week and i have to say it is the worst place i have ever stayed at. The neighbourhood in which its located is very poor and uncomfortable, with homeless people lining the exit of the hotel waiting for people to leave then hassling them for something, It is only our third night here and it has already put a huge downer on our trip. woken up ridiculously early this morning from what can only be described as complete noise, enough to give you a headache, no warning from reception that work would be going on above my room so iv had to ring up and change rooms. if you're staying in LA i'd recommend you go to west hollywood. avoid this place or your trip WILL be a nightmare.
"WORST PLACE TO STAY AT...SERIOUSLY!!!!!!"
11/04/13 KevinSpekz Anaheim, California, United States
This has to be the worst hotel in LA especially the family that owns this place. As you can see from all the bad reviews they all sound true to me. I had the worst customer service getting yelled at by just asking a question. Very rude to their customers they treat you like dirt. Rooms are dirty and the area outside the hotel is very dangerous especial for a girl. My friend almost got kidnaped here so yes STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE and staff if you read this here's a MIDDLE FINGER TO YOU. Treat your customers with some RESPECT!!!!!
"Not terrible for downtown cheap"
10/29/13 trulytracie Murrieta, California
It's not easy to find an affordable hotel in the downtown area that's safe and not disgusting. The room was a little dirty, but overall comfortable enough for a 2 night stay. The parking is free and available, so that's a plus as well.
"TERRIBLE! DON'T STAY! Hotel was fine for price, staff is TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE!!"
09/13/13 Kristen D Long Beach, California, United States
The hotel was what I expected for the price: clean enough, and the bed was comfortable. I'm not hard to please, and yet the staff of this place is rude, not accommodating at all, and possibly insane. There was a problem with my payment, and every time I called to speak to the owner, he yelled at me, interrupted me constantly without even letting me speak, and acted like I was a thorn in his side, when he was the one who double charged me for a room. The day after I checked out, I realized that they had charged my credit card that they had taken down when I made the reservation, EVEN THOUGH we paid in full for our one night stay with my boyfriend's debit card when we checked in. Although this was annoying, I was still polite, but firm when I called about it. They said they charged me because we checked in late and thought we wouldn't show EVEN THOUGH the woman at the desk had told us that late check in would be fine, and knew that we would be late. They assured me that they had already voided the transaction. However, two weeks later, it had still not shown up as refunded on my card. I called the man - who is the owner - to see what happened, and he faxed me the voided receipt and said to contact my bank. My bank said the quickest course of action would be to have him call his bank or credit card machine service to see what the hold up was, otherwise they would have to file a claim and it would be a long process. Not only did the man refuse to do this when I called, he said: "We don't have time for that here" and told me that I was going to have to call his bank. When I called again later, he would not answer until I blocked my phone number. I'm guessing he saw me on the caller ID. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE! If you want to be treated like dirt, stay here. Otherwise, go somewhere else where your patronage won't be treated like an inconvenience.