All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
906 S. Alvarado Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90006, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.6
    2.3
    2.4
"Horrible room"
One night was one night to many here the AC smelled like cat urine so we could not use the toilet ran all night long and the German tourists that screamed in German all night made this place very forgettable. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Stay in Torrence or Pasadena or a high end hotel but never in downtown LA in a place like this.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
"Hotel fine, but they charged us TWICE"
I was happy with my stay until they - after charging my boyfriend's debit card for the full amount when we checked in - also charged my credit card that I used to make the reservation after check out. Completely unacceptable.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Decent rooms, TERRIBLE manager."
From the moment we walked through the office door, my travel partner and I were harassed by the hotel manager. We were on a trip with a few friends and had carpooled (5 of us in the car) though only 2 of us were staying in the room. Upon check in, the manager asked how many were staying in the room, and when we told her 2, she argued with us, asking "are you sure there aren't more?" We replied that there were more with us currently, but that they would not be staying in the room, to which she responded that our friends were not welcome to set foot inside our rooms. [REALLY?!?!] After much debate, we finally got her to agree to allow them in the room with the provision that if any neighboring guests called and complained about noise our guests would have to leave immediately AND we would be charged 10 per additional guest. [No complaints filed] The next night, we assumed the same arrangement, but within 20 seconds [no exaggeration] of us entering the room, we received a phone call from the office demanding to know how many people were in the room. Once again, we had guests, [she had watched them enter on her CCTV monitor]. She demanded that we go to the office immediately or face charges of 30 per guest and hung up on us before we could explain. After much arguing, we ended up having to pay anyway, though we did get her to lower the "fine" to 15 per extra person. This was by far, the worst hotel experience of my life. Honestly, that manager should be fired!!!
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
Abby
"Ok Hotel, would not recommend"
The hotel was ok for the price and considering the location. It was disappointing that you had to pay for ice. Although the overall rating is a 3, I would not stay at another American Best Value Inn..
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
"One night stay in downtown, great!!!!"
We stayed a single night here, and for the price, area, and quality of the hotel, it was great. Coming from the area and name brand of the hotel you don't expect the BEST. So for what its worth, it was great. We stayed one night like i said, and we went to an event at the State historic park 3 miles away, we caught the metro there and back, very close to public transportation. Which is a huge plus.....
Other trip Nov 5, 2012
Chells
"Not kid friendly"
This hotel charges 10 extra for children over 12. The bedding looked like it was from the 1970s. There is no pool or elevator. It was scary to return to it at night. The helicopter was hovering all night. Lots of street noise through out the night.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
"Great motel"
I stayed three nights. One night was very noisy outside, but the rest nights were good.
Other trip Aug 9, 2012
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Other trip Oct 21, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

"I won't go back in that hotel"
07/08/15 Mszcj Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
First bad review : the owner. Not nice, rude. Location is a busy area, didn't feel really safe past 7pm The room was ok, not great, but ok. Can be very noisy, but that's LA, right ? Don't trust the pictures, the hotel doesn't look anything like any of them :-) ...it's a basic motel, no view, limited parking
"How is it possible to be this bad???"
07/08/15 Louise L Barrie, Canada
I don't usually leave reviews but I had to for this one to warn potential stayers. This Inn has the worse customer service I've ever encountered and I travel a lot! They will do anything to charge you more for your room and when you call them out on a mistake they give the excuse: "please come back later, the manager isn't here right now" or "I can't do anything for you right now because I don't have the authority to" When clearly the lady you're talking to is the manager. The rooms themselves weren't bad for a motel. AC works, bathroom was clean, beds were made. The floors though were really dirty but you can't tell because it's carpet. After showering I walked on it for a little with my bare feet and when I got on the bed the bottom of my feet were black! The walls are thin too. There was a baby crying in the next room and the people on the second floor stomp really loudly. We slept, Okay. There is wifi. Well they say there is wifi but it doesn't connect at all. I had to use my data plan to get anything done. Also I'm fairly sure we saw a prostitute at the front counter? My friend pointed her out but we were like nahhhh don't judge someone by what they wear. Suddenly the guy beside the woman we were looking at SMACKS her SO HARD on her butt that it visibly rippled and we were all like HHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I think she heard us because she turned around right after we basically screamed from shock. Needless to say it was... an experience. Good luck.
"worst hotel of my life"
07/07/15 nope00000 Edmonton, Canada
not worth saving the $, and I am the cheapest person you will ever met. no guests, dirty floor( bottom of foot would become black when walking on carpet ) mysterious stains on bed sheet. Wifi wont connect 1/2 of the time. paying for a room of 5 people but will not refund me for one night when i had 4 people. kept on stalling when asking about refunds and room change by saying that the " manager" is not present at the location for the whole day. left it till the end and only then did they say they can not refund me due to policy. did not have proper receipts of the hotel room when I paid. the hotel room was big and the location is sketchy I never review hotels but this experience was the worst I've ever had so I had to do this.
"Located on a very busy area."
05/28/15 David Alfonso A Pachuca, Mexico
I slept fir one night, it was paid and booked by my employer. It provides safe gated and free parking and relative peace of mind because it. It has one access point and the gate closes at midnight. It is a few blocks away from McArthur Park. I did nothing more than sleep. The blankets and coverts had cigaret burns on them. The bathroom was spotless sorry I can not say the rest about the room. The bed was ok so were the pillows. I guess it was one of those nights when the devil is on the loose. There were sirens wailing by all night and choppers flying over all night and early morning. There is free coffee at the front desk. It's mild and very hot.
"Not worth saving $"
05/18/15 trulytracie Homestead, Florida
Very limited parking. Floor was wet, smelled very musty. While we were gone, someone came into our room and reopened curtains we had closed & snooped through our stuff. We didn't feel safe enough to stay so we slept on sofa at our daughters apt.
"Good Value"
05/10/15 NOBIGTOE Toledo, Ohio
Had to make an emergency trip to LA to help with one week family medical emergency. Found this hotel to be an OK value when you consider LA hotel prices. Room was clean, bathroom small but clean and with plenty of good towels. Had refrig, microwave, and flat screen TV. You will not get a note pad, pen, or little bottles of lotion. Hotel staff was accommodating. Parking is quite tight with some of it behind building in alley area. I would not walk the area at night. There is a post office 1/2 mile away on same street. The comp continental breakfast is very basic with rolls, coffee, and juice. I found the breakfast adequate to get me going. Everything is small, the rooms, the parking, and the lobby. The Main Street is right on the parking lot and if you are a light sleeper you will not be happy as you will hear traffic all the time. This is a place to stop for the night. It is not a resort by any stretch of the imagination. Clean, good price, & hot coffee, I got everything I wanted. Cell phone connection very poor I had to stand out by the street to use my phone! Not the hotels fault. I did not like the area.
"Very Loud and Wifi doesn't work"
09/25/14 andreemenezes Seaside, California
The hotel room is normal, there are some problems for example the bad small coming out from the ac. I didn't had problems to make check in. The other people in the hotel tend to be really loud and no one does anything about it. And the price is too high for what they provide. The biggest problem was the internet connection, for the hole time i've stayed I didn't connected, I had to go somewhere else to communicate.
"Hell on Earth."
08/06/14 Mandyferg21 El paso
This hotel (if you want to call it that) is the absolute worst! Everything they show is a lie... Says it's downtown LA, there are sites nearby, clean, etc... Well it is located in the middle of a flea market, there are literally hobos lined up in tents on the street, and it is freaking disgusting! There is a gate around the place I'm assuming to keep the druggies on the street out! Not only is the location horrible but the manager is idiotic! Once we realized we were in hell we quickly wanted to cancel reservations and we couldn't! He wanted us to pay all three nights !!! Luckily we read the policy and it says we only had to pay one ( which is bull ) so we caught him lying to us! So we had to pay 100$ to NOT STAY THERE! And it's the best 100 we have ever spent! After trying to get out of paying the rude man came out and smoked a cig in front of us. All I can say is that this place is TRASH!!!! He even mocked us when we said we would call corporate... Believe me we will! Gross!
"Very inconsiderate and very rude!"
04/08/14 lyelalye Las Vegas, Nevada
We did not make it to our reservation because we had car trouble. I called and pleaded to not be charged for the room for the day but they wouldn't allow it. All they said was: "You can't cancel!". I asked if we could move our reservation to the following week. He said "No!". They didn't even apologize for the fact that they can't accomodate my request. I am very disappointed.
"Hood rat hotel"
04/06/14 ThisUSsailor San Diego, California
If your a Mexican wanna be gangster, then fine, stay here. Because these idiots here, pimps and prostitutes got like 4-5 rooms with ppl coming in and out all night, this place is not a hotel for decent ppl. Sirens around the neighborhood all night. Definitely overpriced for the location and clientele they have here. F this place. Bad decisions!!!