All hotels in Runaway Bay, Jamaica
A1, Runaway BayRunaway BaySaint AnnJamaica, ‏‎800-491-6126

Decent vibe
    Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
"Taste of Real Jamaican cooking"
Real authentic jamaican food. Delicious music
3 night trip with friends May 13, 2015
"Great food"
The food is on point all the time... Nightly ent. Lovely, pool is nice and the beach is great. Make sure to sign up for riding with the team... That's great as well!...
Other trip May 15, 2015
Yardie
"Home away from Home!"
I am a return guest at Royal Decameron Club Caribbean and enjoyed my stay equally on both trips! Excellent staff Lee Sinclair and Showtime are great! Will definitely stay a third time.
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
susan
"Nice horel, excellent staff!"
The hotel was nice! Our room was a different story. It was not comforting at all. Looks nothing like in the pictures when we booked our trip. Our bathroom window was not sealed or could close completely so our cold air was escaping. When we would get to our room it was not as cold as you would like after coming in from the hot sun. And the window faced out of the resort so that was not comforting at all. Housekeeping was wonderful, they took care of our room! There are locals who bother you as soon as you walk out from the resort. I bet they are not but maybe 10-15 feet from the resort. But as soon as we walk out they are already walking up to you bugging you. Very annoying and uncomfortable!! The food was good and the entertainment staff. The main bar was great but the other bar not so much. The bartenders were rude and half the time they were not even there. The adult pool was closed, we were never notified about it being closed while we were there.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Miranda
It was nicer than the pucdand descrips on line. The young entertainment staff were some great young adults and the food was really good and there was a variety of food items each meal
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"perfect vacation."
first let me congratulate the staff for a wonderful stay,i must say that this is one of the best hotel i ever visit for vacation in the ochi rios area,food was wonderful,staffwas great entertainment was perfect special shout out to member of the band ,special shout out also to birdman. i will make it ROYAL DECAMERON AGAIN AND AGAIN ,once again one love and big shout out to all member of staff.
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
RAYON
"A little piece of paradise"
Very nice resort. Private transfer from Montego Bay was $75 each way, shared ride would have cot less. Check in was quick and painless, paid the $2 per day to use the room safe, apart from that no further payment was needed. Not a mega resort by any means, big enough to have all the facilities you need, but not so big and crowded that it felt uncomfortable. Quick bar service and a good variety of drinks available. Overall the food was good, one of the best buffet's I have seen, good choice, always seemed fresh and well prepared. The Thai restaurant was good (although not particularly Thai), great service and tasty food. We didn't try the seafood restaurant so can't comment on that. We had a garden view villa, room was clean and bed was comfortable, flat screen TV with lot's of English channels. Room's we serviced as required. We mainly used the quiet pool or the beach, a few people "reserving" sun loungers, but we could generally get a spot anywhere we liked, sun loungers all appeared new and the garden, pool and beach areas were well cared for. Overall a very nice property that I would highly recommend.
7 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
"Great hotel!"
After reading the reviews, I felt I was prepared for the hotel. What I was not prepared for was the beauty of the setting, the kindness of the staff, and the general order and organization of the place. We did not get the bungalow we were supposed to get, but got a room and free WiFi instead. The room worked fine, but was dark and bordered on the edge of the property that butted up to a bar that played music until the wee hours of the night, though I slept just fine. The shower worked just like I had read, namely the temperature fluctuation. The food was pretty good, and the drinks were strong. The staff was super kind and willing to help. The property, while aging, was well kept and clean. I would totally come back.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Perfect for the family"
We vacationed with our children and niece ages 23-4. There was something for everyone. We had 6 people in our party...the gave us 2 suites side by side, garden view. We were upstairs and the view was beautiful. The staff was great. All of them were very nice and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. I already told a friend and she says she is going in June. Enjoy!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Les
"had a good time"
I enjoyed my stay employees where great only one little thing entertainment was not entertaining to me or my spouse... But over all it was good
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Novelette
"Relaxing Beach Atmosphere"
The beach was beautiful! There were always beach chairs available in ideal locations, both sun and shade. Bars were close to all beach areas. Sadly, the wind was crazy when we were there so we could not swim in the ocean or use any of the included non-motorized water gear. We got sunburned the first morning even though we put sunscreen, so remember to keep putting on new layers of sunscreen!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Kate
"Nice quiet place"
neighborhood was skeptical. Nothing walking distance. Courtyard rooms were nice and quiet. Would have stayed in a cottage sea side had we known. They looked awesome. beach was great. Food was okay. Not a big variety. Shows at night were entertaining, nothing great. Loved having iced tea.
3 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Ric
"Budget Resort, NOTHING for kids to do."
With the exception of the staff who were really very good, this place isn't all it advertises. We stayed in one of the cottages (garden) that was very comfortable until about 11:00 when the disco across the street pelted the music full blast until after 2:00 in the morning! It was almost impossible to sleep even with ear plugs. Forget asking to move, EVERYONE wants to move away from the racket. We were told by some other guests that the rooms near the lobby were also noisy with the "live" entertainment each night but at least that ended around midnight. If you are wanting a quiet place to stay find somewhere else. We were also disappointed with the food. Bland, dressings watered down and meat dishes frequently with small bones throughout. The best meal was the Jamaica night and the food upstairs. Everything else was pretty poor quality. I will credit the resort with good access to drinks but I personally found them too sugary and it is very annoying to wait in line for a soda and get about a half a cup by the time you account for the ice. Those in the know brought bigger cups so you didn't have to order four drinks just to have a normal drinks worth? The hotel also states it is kid friendly. I assumed that ment that there were things for kids to do, not so. The playground was broken and closed, the kids club is really just a room with a TV and a game station (no toys). There is no pool just for kids and the shallower area was used for various adult activities.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
sue
Overall it was a good experience, we particularily liked the individual huts as rooms, they were comfortable and clean and the staff was very pleasant
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Nice hotel, great staff, good location"
I went to Royal Decameron from March 7, 2015 to March 13, 2015. I went with my wife, and two other friends. I had read various reviews and was worried at first, but stuck with my choice because of the great price. I will do my best to give an honest review that covers my bias of what I wanted from my trips to Jamaica. My ultimate goal was to escape the frigid Michigan weather and spend some time in paradise. By going to the Royal Decarmeron Club Carribbean Hotel in Runaway Bay, I was able to do this. There are many people who have said that it is isolated, and it is. But keep in mind that you are only 20 minutes away from Ocho Rios, and most of what you will find there is commercialized shopping for people on cruises. You will probably find the same in Montego Bay as well, but I did not spend much time there. Nonetheless, Royal Decameron is right on the beach and is somewhat secluded. The best part about the hotel is the event staff. I noticed that many have said that on here, and I will reiterate it. The staff will make you want to come back. The one item that I can legitimately complain about is that our hotel room (located toward the south end of the resort) was just behind a bar that would play music until two o'clock. The first night did not go well with that. My wife and I, however, adapted and stayed out late (even sometimes going to that bar) we slept well after that. I enjoyed this hotel, even if it might have some wear and tear, and I would still recommend it.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Chad
"its amazing"
The staff was fabulous, especially the dining room manager mr palmer....the room and grounds were well maintained and the experience was amazing. ....
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
SYLVIA
"Great resort for price"
Great deal for the money, we stayed in courtyard room but next time will definitely pay the extra for a cottage on beach. Beautiful grounds and plenty of chairs/chaises on beach. Had a very relaxing vacation! Will definitely be going back
4 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
"Horrible Disco noise."
DO NOT BOOK here if you get a garden view room. It is right next to a disco. The first night we got there. Round 5pm. We were shown to our room, which stunk like mildew. We went to dinner and came back to the base of the music next door. It was horrible. Very loud. You could near it plain as day over the t.v. and air conditioner. This went on until 2:30am. Our neighbors also said that on Fri. and Sat. the music went on till 4am. The next day we wanted to upgrade, get different rooms away form the music. We were told they were booked. We called them on 3 separate occasions 3 weeks prior to change rooms due to previous reviews. They said we had to wait until we got there. We called Expedia after we paid the $5 for an hour of WiFi. Expedia transferred us to their sister hotel in Montego Bay. We were transported within the hour and greatly enjoyed the rest of our trip at the Royal Decameron in Montego Bay. We also received free WiFi and a safe for the week.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Jamaica"
Food was great, drinks were good. Unexpected dagger rocks 10 feet out in each cove's water. Hotel staff was unattentive and mind you that I brought 200 in singles for tips and used them all. I was even approached by a staff member to get them a "stone in beer" -----I thought they should have been getting me drinks, I was wrong. Jamaica was great and I will visit again......just not at the RDCC.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
michael
"Stay Somewhere else - not worth the headache"
Check-in was a disaster. Got the bait and switch that other reviews discuss. "Didn't have our room available" so instead of the cottage we paid for, had to spend two nights in the "courtyard rooms". Complaining only gets you freebies like wifi. The two nights were spent getting woken up at 4 AM by the garbage truck and staying up until 2 AM by the local bar and rattling base. Toilet in room worked about 50% of time, shower was not much better. Food was just okay, nothing special. Service in nearly all restaurants was bad. Snack bar and bar ran out of items often (like bananas?!?). Bar service was so bad, that I had to walk away from the bar after 15 minutes. Towels were a disaster because if you did not get a clean towel by 8:30AM, they ran out for the rest of the day. Save your money, time, frustration by not staying here.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
TwoLocos
"Excellent Garden Theme, Poor Management"
I had a rough experience with this hotel. My three day visit was scheduled to start on the 28th January 2015. Unfortunately, the weather forecast prior to my departure from NYC was for 36 inches of snow which resulted in my arrival at the hotel one day late. This information was communicated to both Expedia and the Hotel who both assured me that changing my reservation from the 28-30 to 29-31 would not pose a problem as everyone was aware of the limited state of emergency and airport closure in NYC due to the severe weather conditions. Upon my arrival on Thursday I immediately requested to speak to a manager to modify my reservation dates. None was available. I then asked that a manager or someone in authority call my room. On Friday I repeated the same request with the same result - no call or resolution of my issue. On Saturday morning with barely any sleep from the previous night I had to sit in the guest reservation manager for in excess of two hours while they call Expedia to send an email or fax to establish a paper trail to modify my reservation. I paid for three nights but arrived one day late. All I requested was three nights starting from the 29 instead of the 28th of January. The hotel confirmed that this was not unique as they had addressed similar situations with Expedia before. They actually showed me documentary evidence confirming this. And yet it took multiple requests from Wed through Sat to resolve including my participation in a marathon phone call.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Clifton
"Great rooms"
The hut where I stayed was the best part but overall a decent resort best for older people
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
andre
"Second visit to this location."
Overall experience was good, however the weather did not cooperate, not the fault of the Hotel, the room was cleaned everyday early, which we appreciated. The plumbing needs updating, the hot and cold water was irratic hard to shower without scalding or freezing - that would be my only complaint. My husband didn't care for the fact that the beer at all three bars ran out of Co2 regularly, the staff was apologetic and did get him some bottled beer to accommodate. We will definitely return.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
MIshawn
"Price Equaled Expectations"
When Couples and Sandals Resorts charge $400+ per night and Royal Decameron charges less than $200, you have to expect some concessions in your experience. The positive: The grounds were in great shape. The staff was helpful.The beach is wider and bigger than I expected. Plenty of chairs are available. The snack bar served good burgers and fries. There is a nice gift shop near the front desk and the prices are cheap. The negative: The food was not as good as previous reviews led me to believe. The daily buffet did have many options, and the salad and fruit was ok. However, the actual entrees were disappointing. The beef was fatty, the chicken was mostly bone, and the seafood "casserole" did not have any seafood in it. One night there was a pasta bar, which was the only "highlight". I booked the trip months ahead and reserved a king bed, but I got two doubles. The room sometimes lacked running water; and it took 5 minutes to get in the shower because the water temperaturwas scalding hot. The room itself was spacious and clean. Probably the biggest issue I had with the room was that it was located next to a club which either played very, very loud music or had someone screaming into a microphone until well after 1 A.M. I'm not an old fart, but when I'm at a resort and want to sleep/relax, I don't want to hear a siren wail every minute after midnight. I recommend the hotel based on the price/location. But remember you get what you pay for.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
X
"Great place for the price"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was really nice. We were greeted with a welcome drink. The hotel need a bit of updating and there was construction going on while we were there but was not disturbed by any noise. I was not able to do the water sports due to the windy conditions on the water but I will definitely stay there again. I really enjoyed my time there.
2 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Shara
"Spacious Property"
Grounds was well kept & spacious. This allowed for comfort & ease in navigating bars, restaurants and other facilities. Night activities are very entertaining. Additional training may be needed for front desk staff; I encountered unprofessionalism and unfriendliness.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"wonderful stay"
This hotel offer just as described, great service, and, atmosphere plenty to do never a dull moment, wish I could have stayed longer
2 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Fenton
"so so"
Requested a cottage did not get our room right next to a bar
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
sherron
"Nice hotel for a short stay"
The hotel grounds are beautiful, staff was great. The swings, hammocks, and the club were amazing. I would definitely be going back to this hotel.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Andrea
"Great services"
Wonderful time stay for three nights two days food was excellent great deserts. The staff was always there to help and answer your questions.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
judy
"Nice food , good hotel cottages need updating"
great staff , good experience the all inclusive was great . the open bar and nightly shows were fabulous .
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Miss
"jamaican coming back home."
I have stayed here before no problem great time in January 2014 this time lots of problems. when I arrived in November 2014 it took 5 to 6 hours to fix toilet in room would not flush, clock in room did not work . Key to room some time would not work, the bar handle in bath room tub was coming apart. No body told us we got room change on third day. We move to R3 bath tub was clogged had to wait for plumber.
4 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
Nigel
The serving staff where awesome the front counter staff are not very friendly and pretty rude
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"Overall it was a great stay!"
We stayed in the bungalows and enjoyed the privacy. The bed was comfortable. The room was outdated, however, was clean. We loved all of the staff except the check in. I had a great check in experience myself. My boyfriend arrived a little later and his experience was not the same. The staff was rude to him and did not give him a welcome drink. I felt badly about this. We didn't let this bother us. The rest of the staff at the resort was friendly and fun! We liked the food. The room was a little outdated but adequate and clean. The air conditioner was ice cold!! That was a nice treat after being at the beach.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Kells
"Not too disappointing, but the value was worth it."
Check in was easy, staff was courteous but didn't go out of their way to make you feel welcome. WiFi is terrible for the $5/hr and can only be used in the lobby. Room was OK, however the cleaning products they used (or overused) was so strong I couldn't sleep. The bathrooms could use some updating. Property itself is nice with the beach right there. The beach was clean yet small. Food is not terrible but don't expect any fresh seafood.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
alex
We arrived at the hotel around 9pm, we had to wait at the gate for the security to verify the reservation which he did not have on his copy so he had to call the lobby. I had to change my reservation as we had to add another person at the room. This hotel does not give you the option to change a kings bed to two double beds without paying an upgrade fee so please make sure you can get this option if you need it BEFORE you book it. Before paying for the upgrade I decided to call expedia just to make sure I really had to. It turns out that I did so I decided to pay at the hotel since my connection was not great. Now the guy checkin us in knew dinner ended at 9.30pm but said nothing or I could have let the others go eat while I check in, so I had no dinner. The snack bar at 11pm did not have any veggie options.( Normally, however, breakfast,lunch and dinner did have an excellent variety of food even for vegetarians). Now when we got to our rooms the phone did not work, I was tired so I decided to inform the front desk in the morning. I forgot and remembered around 10 pm I think. They said they would sent a technician that night who never came. I checked out the other day and told them about the phone THEN the girl at the desk told me I could have asked for another room and I had to point out that the front desk could have been more helpful with suggesting the different options available to customers! To make up we got a complimentary bottled wine.(In room safe use costs 2USD.)
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Theresa
"Nice hotel close to the beach."
Friendly environment, very hospitable people, great entertainment every night, most food are great & unlimited drinks.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"very quiet and relaxing"
my husband has been working very hard with the construction of our dream home and needed a quiet place to spend a couple of days so i took him to this hotel for his birthday.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Denise
"It was good but could be better"
As a server it was not pleasing to see server stands around and I have to go get me own coffee and they stand and talk . It would nice to see them sever you at least coffee and water.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Victor
"Excellent Staff "The real essence of a Resort!""
My wife and I stayed for 7 nights and 8 days...The Staff were excellent. They made us feel welcomed and we were treated like family! Check in was quick and we were taken to our cottage immediately. Within two hours of our arrival, we were settled in with a drink in our hands. We went on a few of the excursions and were again treated great!
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
MorganRun
Older hotel that needs up dating. It was clean and the staff was wonderful. There's nothing else to so in area so every time you wanted to leave site the cab ride was costly I was not found of the food. The drinks were good but the cups are small and you have to order 2 at the same time. They provide nightly entertainment but since the hotel is so small it appears to look empty
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Al-Tariq
"Royal Decameron - Jamaica"
Property is located right on the beach. On the property there are cottages, townhouse like apartments and various hotel type like facilities. For the price, the accommodations and all inclusive meals were worth it. Not bad. The property need an overall upgrade renovation. Some of the staff were friendly, but most were very argumentative. I strongly recommend re-training in hospitality.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Sandra
Not much activities there to do. Pretty much the spa and that's it. One can only work out for so long...
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
Javier
"Comfortable cottage rooms close to the beach"
We had a garden view cottage that wasn't extraordinary, but very clean and comfortable. The beaches were spectacular and the water beautiful! This is not a 5 star resort, but the entire set up of cottages is very romantic and cozy. The staff was so pleasant and helpful and the inclusive meals had a great variety and were delicious. The size of the "drink" cups was too small so we had to double up when ordering an adult drink or even diet soda. I do not recommend this resort to families as I don't believe I could have kept my kids entertained for a week there. All kayaks and non-motorized boats were free and enjoyable. The many lagoons were nice as each one gives you a different view near a restaurant, bar, gazebo, dock, etc. There is not much night entertainment, but it was perfect for a relaxing vacation getaway. If you enjoy laying at the beach most of the day under an umbrella, taking a refreshing dip in the clean ocean, and eating delicious food fare, this hotel is for you.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Dori
"Hotel and Car"
The sign for the hotel on the road was tacky, but the hotel was nice, great beach location and even better food and drink. On the other hand the car from Fox Car Rental was terrible and the staff not so pleasent, It was in a good location as far as attractions, Only the brave can drive in Jamaica but it can be done. I was showing my beautifull daughter where she could have been born, thanks
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Going Back Soon!"
This is my favorite place to be! I rate it a 4 only because I had issues with my Courtyard room – construction overhead! Don't select Standard/Courtyard if view and room aesthetics matter to you. Advice: There are several online airport transfer companies with reasonable rates. Taxi easily costs US$100 per person, one way. The resort is well organized, clean, comfortable, and fun! The food is much improved since my last visit – delicious and well seasoned! Water aerobics and family activities begin around 10a.m. Lunch and dinner guests are entertained by three very talented musicians with beautiful voices and a vast array of songs in their repertoire. The Night-time show comes in two parts, varies each night, and is as good as I’ve seen on cruises. After the last show, on Monday and Wednesday nights, guests are invited to an offsite night club. The nominal fee is well worth the fun and roundtrip shuttle. For those who remain onsite, the hotel’s disco opens after the dinner show and is great for dancing away calories! The hotel’s gift shop has lots of great stuff and several nights a week, vendors of local crafts come and set up shop near the main pool. The people make this 3-star resort a 5-star experience. Everyone, from Security and Guest Services, to Life Guards, Waite staff, Housekeeping , Chefs, gift shop ladies, and entertainers - everyone makes this my favorite place to be!
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
coken2cherries
"Honeymoon Trip"
We had a wonderful time. You know when reading reviews, you gather an opinion of what it should be when you arrive based on others' comments. Well here's the truth! We will return. The ONLY down fall was the the hotel FRONT DESK staff. They get in NOOOOO hurry! The food was great. Be sure to book both Thai and Seafood Reservations for dinner. Food and staff was exceptional! Try all the water sports especially the sailboat ride. The entertainment shows at night were PHENOMENAL AND EXCITING! If you have children, there is tons to do with them as well. At the main pool (front desk/Souk Bar) is where the entertainment staff play pool games, dances, and stage entertainment during the day with the kids. The rooms are exclusive, no one bothers you. CALL HOTEL AND BOOK TAXI SERVICE THROUGH THEM IF YOU ARE FLYING IN TO MONTEGO BAY! (60 minute ride from airport) Don't pay those expensive fees at the airport. We paid double what it would have cost us, if we would have known to do that before our arrival! Oh, and definitely go visit Roy-the shop right outside the resort on the right!
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Interesting hotel with access to the beach."
I had an enjoyable stay. The staff was attentive and professional. Food variety is limited.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Stafford
Great service.Much more than what I expected for the price.
3 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
The resort was ok. Food was very bland...fruit was not ripe...nothing had any taste really. I had to take salt and pepper shakers from other tables, they didn't have enough. The alcoholic beverages had little to no alcohol in them. Here is a tip: tip the bartender $20 the first day you are there and you;ll be set with plenty of alcohol! The women employees at the resort were not friendly at all. The beach was nice, no beach service for food or drink though. Also, be aware that the hotel does not offer any snorkeling trips..my friend and I really wanted to go but we were afraid to leave the resort and couldn't find any tours to take us. The entertainment was loud the entire day....a bit annoying and no getting away from it. You could hear it all the way down the beach....at night there were different themes...most of them contained booty shaking contests that were highly suggestive, not appropriate for young kids at all. The entertainment was poor. The best nights were Friday and Saturday where they actually brought in professional dancers and singers....I wouldn't go back...I would spend a little more and go to a different country where they like Americans. Even at the higher end resorts I was told the service and friendliness level didn't change.
4 night trip with friends Jul 9, 2014