All hotels in Runaway Bay, Jamaica

satisfactorily
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2014
michael
"Awesome place"
It was great, staff was wonderful, entertainment tun up. Food exquisite
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Arlet
"Not too bad"
Just ok
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2014
"Bungalow was great!"
We stayed at this resort for our honeymoon! We were a little uncomfortable when we first arrived since we weren't really sure how everything worked! Once we got checked in and made our way to the bungalow everything changed! Our stay was amazing and for price it seems like you get more than you pay for! All the alcohol and food was included and good! There was only one dinner that I didn't really care for but I am also a picky eater so I was overall impressed with the food quality! The two dinner restaurants were great also and I would recommend making reservations to eat at both while you are there! We would love to go back for an anniversary! The staff was friendly and when we checked in we recieved fruity drinks to welcome us!
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Taylor
"very relaxing atmosphere"
pleasantly surprised by comfort and fun atmosphere that we enjoyed; plan to return.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Delly
Excellent all inclusive for the money.
9 night romance trip Jun 20, 2014
"Nice and comfortable hotel; not too noisy."
It was a good experience. I have been there quite a few times and although some areas have deteriorated it is a nice place to relax. The Friday night show was very good.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Bev
"Well worth the money"
As someone who has stayed at many many all-inclusives, I was pleasantly surprised by the Royal Decameron. Was there for a simple 3 day getaway having recently moved to Jamaica from the US. The room was very nice and clean. The food was decent but not fantastic. Drinks were plentiful. For the price, it is hard to complain. For those looking for water activities, while they do have sunfish, etc, there is no snorkeling or glass bottom boats. There is some decent snorkeling right in front of the hotel however. For the price this is a fantastic value. I am going to make it a regular stop for me.
2 night trip with friends Jun 22, 2014
Randy OKane
"Excellent staff"
I would love to stay for more time, it was awesome, plenty of activities,.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
wendy
I stayed for 2 days the rooms was poorly done and is not up to standard. I am recommending that they up grade the rooms,that is my done fall to the hotel
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Nice open space cottage living"
Good time to relax, if only I was able to do so by the beach, the pool or the lobby. Oh my goodness, the smoking just about killed my throat. Would be great if smokers and their smoke could be confined to a particular area. The nice sea breeze was relentless in blowing it in my face. SO unfair to non-smokers, especially those who suffer from allergies. The need for security to keep a child who was visiting me was of concern - she was not allowed to go to the lobby to meet me there. Rules must be respected of course...but they can get crazy! The food was so good, it made up for nuisances!!
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"great place to relax. right on the beach"
We found it to be a comfortable place with friendly accomodating personnel. We did like the thai restaurant but not the seafood one. The buffet was always good with lots of fruit and a large variety of main dishes I didn't try the desserts but there were quite a variety of those also. We enjoyed the kayaks..
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Large property - individual huts"
The hotel staff were great. The individual huts were large and ours very close to the beach. I recommend staying in the huts closest to the beach. Large hammocks on the property allow for some relaxing in the shade when you are not on the beach.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"Family Friendly Hotel"
Clean room. Bathroom could do with an upgrade, soap dish in bath etc., but otherwise, clean. Meals were great and liked the wide variety for vegetarians. Staff were excellent. There are variety of "hang-out" places for couples...hammocks on property in cool spots. I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples and families.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"A well needed restful weekend"
Club Caribbean may b a bit dated, but they made up for this with EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE. At the front desk we were greeted by Sylvan, who made sure throughout our entire stay we were served with the best Customer Service. To Sylvan I want to say A BIG THANK YOU. The Food was Great and having the hotel located directly on the beach made our Early Morn Swim Perfect :) We definitely will be returning for our vacation. To the Crew at Club Caribbean, Thank You Much for a Great Vaca :)
1 night family trip May 22, 2014
JGPhillips
"Good times"
I went there, had no complaints, food good, vibe good, staff cool (couldnt get a lighter on the grounds tho, kind of a bummer) but yeah, i got everything i needed.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Danny
"You get what you pay for"
Very impressed with the property and the rooms. Honestly because of the price I was pretty wary. The only downfall is the food. Which i expected not to be too great. We always found something to eat but for the most part the food was just ok. Which we did expect for the price we paid! I would stay again.
1 night trip with friends May 24, 2014
"Excellent Hotel"
I have a wonderful experience I wish my stay was longer.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Joan
"Great food and friendly staff"
The staff is frendly and we loved the food and the options. they had multiple beaches which was very nice and the a beautiful property. The entertainment however was not to our liking..
Other trip May 26, 2014
Moya
"Great hotel, service great, close to beach."
My husband and mine experience was outstanding. The staff was polite an treated us well. The food was great, although I would have like to have more local food serve. Love the unlimited alcohol. The friendly staff and the entertainment. I will return for mt next vacation and will recommend it to friends.
Other trip May 16, 2014
rashida
"Value for money,staff were friendly and helpful"
A good experience, reception team was great. Water sport team was good
Other trip May 7, 2014
Wayne
"Relaxing in Jamaica"
Good value for price hotel. Decent entertainment and food.
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
Sara
"Awesome Our stay @ Royal Decameron was lovely."
My husband and I totally enjoyed our honeymoon at Royal Decameron- Club Caribbean. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. The staff was very courteous and friendly. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a "welcome home" and served a cold beverage, this was a new and pleasant experience for us. All categories of staff were very courteous, pleasant and helpful. The French translators/entertainment co-ordinators were also very friendly and fun loving. We enjoyed the entertainment and the food. Our only regret was that we discovered some of the entertainment when we were leaving and we also missed Jamaica day and night (due to the time we checked in and out). overall, our stay at Royal Decameron-Club Caribbean was a wonderful experience.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
L
"Ya mon"
Incredible everything irie great and friendly staff and service great nightly entertainment
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"A hard-working gem."
The staff at the hotel were friendly and accommodating, and the entertainment staff went out of their way to make you feel included. The food on the buffet was delicious, and we would eat there even when we had dinner at the a la carte restaurants. The wait staff took the time to get to know you. Every once in a whole you would wait a few minutes for a drink at the bar, but that was no problem. There were many varied and fun activities, and there were always seats at the beach or the pool. I have stayed at a 5 star resort before, and this place was almost as nice.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
Rico
"Depends where you want to stay"
We booked runaway bay knowing we may get bumped (being American)that we were prepared but it still sucks having to go back to Montego Bay and we felt bad for the people working at runway having to go to work everyday knowing that their job was to make up reasons why guests were being moved. That being said Montego Bay was excellent. Staff was more then accommodating and the guest were very friendly. (Even the ones from Canada) you know who you are. That was not the vibe we received at all from the runaway locacation. If you book go and enjoy the ride but don't be surprised if your moved and be gratefull if you are.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
"Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them!"
. Here is what they did. When we arrived to check in they had me fill out the paperwork to check in & then informed us that our room was not ready - & check back with them. So we looked around - everything looked fine as far as power, etc. When we went back to check on getting into our room they said the room wasn't ready & said the customer service manager wanted to have a word with us. Finally he came & took us into a small office where he claimed they had been having a problem with the generator and did not have a room available for us. His plan was for us to go back to Montego Bay - some 45 minutes to an hour away and stay in another hotel. We advised him this was NOT an acceptable alternative - if we had wanted to stay in Montego Bay we would have booked a room in Montego Bay. He left for a little while and then came back with the same sorry song & dance about the generator - also said they would provide private transportation. He then tried to claim he could not get thru to the agency we had booked thru - oh no pal - I've got a number for them and you are going to call it in front of me! When pushed to it he finally called the customer service number I gave him. Once we got Hotels.Com customer service on the line a room in another hotel in Runaway Bay was arranged for us. Thank you Hotels.Com for getting us out of there! I think if it was possible to give the Royal Decameron a rating of less than 0 I would do it!
4 night romance trip Feb 22, 2014
Trudie Schneider
"Royal Decameron Montego Bay Nice, RDCRB-not"
Surprised to see our experience fit the description, but it did. No problems with finding our shuttle. Fun people on our 1.5 our drive to our hotel. Met another couple who was staying there as well and had been there two years ago for their honeymoon. Said they liked it and was they they were coming back. Arrived at our hotel to find out we they did not have a rooms for either of us. We were directed to the manager who said the Reason was maintenance of leaking roofs. He said would need to go back to other hotel in Montego Bay. No other option. Really, an hour and half back? After some intense conversation they did offer us some add-ons to our move to the Montego Bay resort, which as the reviews state was a very nice hotel. Ok, so now getting happy feet....Staff mostly friendly, drinks plenty strong and tasty. The hotel is convenient and easy to get around. Food, like most resorts, plenty of it, just have to try different things and enjoy. Marco the life guard/excursion guys was awesome. First day I got stuck by a sea urchin in my toe...he fixed me right up with a bandage. Mrs. "Brown" in guest services was awesome. She worked well with my wife on our excursions and hooked me up with a very nice Valentines day treat for my wife. Most of the bartenders were friendly. The shows were good and we made some nice acquaintances. Just have to remember you are on vacation and Jamaican time; you will get served nicely.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"So so stay...."
We first had our booking with the Runnaway Bay location, but as soon as we got there they took us to a back room and said that the Cottages power went out so therefore are moving us to the Montego Bay location. Not too thrilled about that since our bus ride from the airport was already 1 1/2 hours long and Montego Bay is right next to the airport. They did compensate us for this switch with a massage and a day trip to Negril and kept that promise. The room had two double size beds instead of one queen or king that we originally booked for and we tried switching but of course none were available. The people at the hotel were very nice and pleasing and the hotel grounds were nice except for the bathrooms on the grounds. Toliets never flushed. Gross
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
"Can't wait to visit again!"
My wife and I along with two other couples (all of us in the late 50's to early 60's in age) visited for nine days. After a visit to their Montego Bay last year (very enjoyable) we were hoping for something just as nice. This resort exceeded our expectations by a lot! The food was good, the rooms were clean (courtyard rooms) and the beaches were good. Staff did everything they could to accommodate us and were over the top friendly. We have travelled to Jamaica many times and this was the nicest resort so far. When I read a negative rating I just think some of these folks are just plain over picky. I read the same kind of complaints from the high priced resorts also so enough said there. Thanks to a polite and helpful staff. Kermit, Shane and more for showing us all a wonderful time.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
Comdoc
"You get what you pay for"
Our original reservation was for Runaway Bay. The beaches were nice, but the water quality was cloudy due to rough water. Snorkeling opportunities were limited near the beach without paying for an excursion. The staff was fun and personable. The food was OK. We decided Jamaicans have different tastes than Americans. Our rooms were pretty basic but very clean. After 3 days there, they offered us room upgrades on the first or second floor, free Wi-Fi, better beaches, and a four star resort if we transferred to their Montego Bay resort. We took them up on their offer. The beach was good for snorkeling and the water was clear but not much sand. We didn't get first or second floor rooms, and we had to get Wi-Fi one hour at a time. One couple in our party didn't have AC that worked. Instead of giving them a different room, they had to sit in the room for an hour while maintenance worked on it. It quit working the next day. Water was sketchy, sometimes you had good pressure other times you had none. A shower would have been nice before flying out. The staff at Runaway Bay was more personable also.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
"Hotel overbooked like many airlines"
I've stayed at this property at least one each year since 2009.....not anymore. Over two months ago my family paid for 3 rooms and were told they overbooked and we had to stay at a hotel 45miles away. My family refuses to stay at a place that treats repeat guests this way.
4 night family trip Jan 16, 2014
Clairmont barnes
"Worst service in 5yrs of visiting DeCameron hotels"
In Oct. 2013, my wife and I paid for 3 rooms for a Jan 2014 check-in. The day before we left the USA, I confirmed the reservation and room type we reserved/paid for. When we landed and were on our way to the hotel, the manager said he had no rooms for us. (Another guest that was forced from the hotel said our paid rooms were sold to a tour group before we arrived. We were directed to stay in another Decameron hotel 45 miles from Runaway Bay. The day BEFORE check-out, as we were leaving for a paid excursion, one of the front desk managers sent security to our rooms to escort us off the property for non-payment. That was worked out, however, upon our actual day of checkout, the same front desk manager had security follow behind my wife with scissors to remove her wristband as she brought the rental car around for me to load our luggage. We spoke with mgrs. at both Decameron hotels because of this treatment. Unfortunately, neither property manager is empowered with authority to make meaningful independent decisions without corporate office prior-approval, which takes several days up their chain of command. My wife and I have stayed at 3 different Decameron hotels in the past 5yrs, and this is by far the worst visit of them all. BEWARE, if you're considering booking through the Royale Decameron in Runaway Bay, Jamaica – confirmation of your paid room is not a guarantee it will be available upon your visit.
2 night trip Jan 17, 2014
Clairmont Barnes
Omg I book two other hotel and decamaron was the greatest of them all the staff was excellent and friendly and my daughter love birdman an giggle my boyfriend he love the hospitality and I panned to go back soon!!!
5 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
camile
"my stay was indeed an awesome one."
well well well what more can I say. My experience at Royal Decameron was great, I enjoyed every second of it. I eat, I sleep, I swim Oh Lord so much activities oh I would come there again Big up to Royal Decameron everytime zeen.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Diana
I will never stay at this hotel again customer service is poor.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
I was SO disaapointed upon checking in i was told i wouldnt be getting the type of room i PAID for. I went as far as to call on my way to the hotel to ensure the room type was available and upon reaching i was told otherwise. Checking in was a slow process overall and when i finally got a room it was a good walk from the main hotel facilities. The food was terrible and so was the bar service and the staff in the food area needs training. I always looked forward to visiting this hotel for the first time...sad to say it wasnt worth it and i wont be going back!
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"close to the beach, good food and entertainment"
comforting. relaxing, pleasant which puts me in a good mood making me forget the work load and little things that seems to be too much. I just soak up all the good times and enjoy the music, the sports, exercise, overall the wonderful hospitality, atmosphere.
Other trip Dec 21, 2013
Bizzy
"I spend 7 nights 6 days @ RDCC"
This is my first visit to Royal Decameron hotel in Runaway Bay. Pros : Hotel clean, most of staffs are friendly, food not bad, it's my opinion that I found it enjoyable on Wednesday and Saturday nights. Cons: there's absolutely nothing to do as far as entertainment. It appears most guests are middle age mature crowd, if you are looking for a low key environment then this maybe the place for you considering it's all Inclusive and it's one on the cheapest resorts in Jamaica. I highly recommend Sharkies restaurant few minutes from the resort the food, atmosphere and service is extraordinary. I will return to Jamaica, however I will not stay at RDCC on my next visit because I would like to visit other resorts that are more upscale.
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
"We keep returning - that must mean something!"
Royal Decameron is the most fun and best overall bang-for-your-buck that you will find in Jamaica.
4 night romance trip Dec 7, 2013
Natasha J.
"Good for the Money"
The hotel staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. We booked in late and had to settle for a lesser than expected room. We are locals so it seemed to have affected the selection of the room by the front desk rep. However, that was not a big issue for me. The food was good, even though the variety could be wider. Had a leaking toilet bowl. But I would say for the money the, facilities were OK.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
kipdela
We liked the concept of individual cottages, but one we stayed was very shabby. Needs a lot of updating. I saw new additions and they looked much nicer and cleaner. If we had gotten one of those new ones, our impression would have been different. Our room was all the way in the back by the wall with barbwire on the top. No porch, no bench, no hammock, nothing. So loud at night from near by house or bar whatever that I was awake until 2AM one night. Front desk was not too helpful. There is no information about the hotel in the room. There is a map of the property on the door. They charge for internet use and in-room safe but you would not know about it until you go to ask to the front desk. I understand that the place is inexpensive but it seems too cheap about some things. Food was O.K. Pasta was terrible. Hot water was never hot enough for a cup of tea. Coffee was very good, though. Snack bar was not too good. I don't know why inside hot dog was so pink. No treats (i.e. cookies, coffee cake, ice cream, or tea sandwich) between lunch and dinner. When I asked the front desk where I could get some snack one afternoon, she told me to go to the hotel shop. Beach not too good, though there are plenty of chairs. I don't drink so I don't know about booze. Staff was generally nice and friendly. One thing I loved was a live music by a three-men reggae band and one of the waitresses was a great singer. That was a real treat.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Giulietta
"Value For Money"
I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel. The property was clean and the staff were very friendly. The food was good but could use a little more seasoning for my taste. All in all i had a good time at this Hotel and I received value for my money. Special Thanks to Natoya at the Front Desk that made our check in and check out a breeze.
2 night romance trip Nov 22, 2013
Markus P
The courtyard room left a lot to be desired. For the most part, staff were friendly, and helpful.The food was good, and punctuality (entertainment, dinner, breakfast) was good. There was an incident that I have to mention. About 6:30 in the morning, there was a loud noise, like they were doing some sort of fogging, and the room became very smoky, I literally couldn't breathe, and had to make a fast escape. If I had respiratory problems, I would've been in serious trouble, couldn't see my hand in front of my face. The hotel needs to reconsider the timing and this practice on a whole, which I learned later was some kind of bug control. All in all i guess u get what u pay for.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
"Okay but not spectacular"
This trip was better than my last which was in July and very crowded. Quieter although some of the advertised amenities were unavailable. For instance there was no snack bar. Shows were good, room was also okay. Need for more toiletries and change of towels. Smoking by patrons (I know not the hotel's fault) was the only detractor from an otherwise pleasant weekend.
2 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Cherry
"humble hut"
My hubby and I enjoyed our stay for our 4 year anniversary and baby-moon celebration at the Decameron! We enjoyed the smaller environment and single hut room for privacy. The beach was just a minute walk form our room, and the food was about 2 minutes. During the day, the entertainment played music, dj'd, had games or water exercises that if you were participating they were fun, but not if you were trying to take a afternoon nap due to the loudness. The food catered to all areas of the globe, giving it a more bland or regular taste. The finer dining for reservations were delightful and we especially loved the fresh bread and whipped moose desserts.
Other trip Nov 28, 2013
Emily
"Love the view, but the rooms are sooo small"
The hotel is beautiful ... The food was excellent .... I just wish the rooms were a little bigger
Other trip Nov 28, 2013
Nice, quiet , beautiful hotel. Good Food. Only complaint is that the staff are not as friendly and welcoming as other all-inclusive hotels in Ocho Rios Also garden villas are different from garden rooms so don't get tricked. We were disappointed in the location of our room. Felt detached from the hotel. It was the courtyard room we got.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Brenda
"Great beach area-HORRIBLE FOOD"
The standard rooms are sub par, looks like an old out dated facility, bed hard as a rock, very little closet space, old bathroom. The one great thing about the rooms- the TV, great reception and station options. The water pressure and hot water were very good. The housekeepers were outstanding. The food was the worst I've ever had on any trip. I survived on rice. fruit and salad. Breakfast was the best meal, i ate the same thing every day, pancakes, bacon and fruit. The beach attendants were engaging, attentive and humorous. The bar tenders were good, however often the bar closest to hut 93 was seldom stocked with essentials, which apparently was controlled by someone other than the bartenders... RIDICULOUS that a bar wouldn't have bananas. The beach was great!!!
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
PJ
"Beautiful....with a few issues"
The hotel room was wonderful (cottage). The food left something to be desired as it was just ok with some of it being pretty bad (Thai night....yuck). The biggest problem I had was the amount of times we were contacted/bothered by staff. I am aware that it is there job to be nice to you and invite you to activities/make sure you are doing alright, but we had someone come up to us about every 15-20 min. On top of that, we had more than a couple hotel staff solicit us for money. I know you should expect that outside the resort (I'm not new to travel) but to have staff ask you for bus fare, cigarettes, etc. is just too much. Overall the hotel was nice, but the staff could be improved upon in some areas (some of the staff were very nice, helpful, and respectful)....overall I would recommend this hotel as the trip was still wonderful, but it could have been a bit better had we not been bothered so much and had the food been better.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013