All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
5445 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33140, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.5
"Only cleaned or room 3 out of seven days"
Had to switch room upon entry,smell unbearable,conditions unbearable don't understand why they would try to put anyone in this room.next room needed a paint job, maid service only came 3 out of 7 days we had Togo down and get towels everyday maid didint show.room had mold on ceiling no phone in room so you can't complain without your 25 minute waste of time they say yes and nothing gets done. Have to pay 35 dollars to workout this place is crazy. I wish I would have seen reviews before I booked this non refundable. Tv went out with internet for two days with no storm to cause it . Advertising full kitchen with stove that's only presidential sweet so you just spend 5500$ for two rooms find out u can't use workout facility unless u pay crazy amount might as well go get a massage. Your going to need it after sleeping in those beds horrible experience.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
buisness owner,
"vacation"
Big disappointment. Terrible service. Unprofessional and unfriendly staff. Poor room conditions
8 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Ella
Nice hotel, good location. Clean and comfortable. Located beach front and with a pool, poolside bar and exercise room. Overall good choice.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
ann
Toilet flooded during our first night of stay. There is no phone in the room to contact the front desk. Even if you call them using your cellphone, the call rarely gets through. When we went to the front desk about the problem, the reaction indicated that it was not a rare occurrence. It was fixed quickly though. The wi-fi connection in the hotel was hopeless. Couldn't get online for the most part of our stay. We did not use the gym, swimming pool or spa facilities at the hotel but our overall experience was disappointing.
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
The management team is sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We take pride in training our staff to enhance the guest experience and encourage them to take control of guest interaction to make a stay at the Design Suites at Castle Beach a positive and enjoyable one. We hope that you will come visit us again and give us another try!”
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Not a full service hotel."
No bellman to help with luggage. Lobby furishings and art are run down. Many of the paintings hanging in the lobby are torn/slashed. Many different companies rent out the rooms in this building. Our TV was not plugged in and needed a cable. Ocean view from our room was beautiful.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Terrible hotel,very disappointed."
Don,t believe on the picture,worst hotel i every stay on my live,everything follow a part,smell very bad right on you pass the door,old builder,need complete renovation,i start going to my room 1534 i have almost to brake the door to open,start if bathroom,tile broke , tile missing on bath,big holl on the wall,look like somebody just pickup furniture from trash and put there, cabinet door on the kitchen felling a part,roach on bathroom,holes on laminate floor,I paid $510.00 for 2 days hotel is not worth $40.00 very disappointed never go back to that place,
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
alex
"Heavily below expectations"
This place is cheaper than other hotels in the beach, but far below expectations even for that price. Uncomfortable room. We were misled that our suite would be two bedroom. It wasn't. Bathroom was uncomfortable. Everything needed to be renovated honestly. Elevator system was extremely unintuitive and led my parents to getting lost.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Samir
"Hotel room was disgusting!"
Found a roach bug inside kitchen cabinet, no hot water in shower, no phone inside room, & tile floor felt damp the whole stay. Front desk response was that there was no manager available.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Victoria
Horrible, not as shown on internet, our experience was very dissapointing
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"No good hotel,"
It doesn't look what showed in photo, also check-out time is 10:00 AM which is to early.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
I have a great time the front desk hell me a and provided a great services.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"View for Days"
Wonderful. Great staff.
2 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
Tamra
I enjoyed the location, however, I experienced poor customer service at the front desk. It was difficult to receive a prompt answer to a question and we received the wrong directions once. Other than that, the hotel is nice and the rooms were in good condition. Excellent valet service.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Maggie
"Good price in this location"
For this location, the price is competitive. View is nice and it's good for a walk around this area.
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thank you for your feedback, which We have shared with our team. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Hao
"Wastage of money in any price"
Room is totally different that shows in pictures. In pictures rooms are very neat and colorful but in acctual I think I am in motel instead of resort. My experience is very bad and staff is not at all cooperative as well.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Ashish
"FASCINATED BY THE VIEW."
The neighborhood is not bad, the inconvinience is the distance to any store (none around in that area) My room has a breathtaking view. Every minute of my stay was a pleasure. It's the 1st time I see a hotel where the check out is @ 10 am, & staying longer will cost you an arm & a leg, so better check out in time. Quiet & very clean place. Fully equipped if you don't think on cooking in the room. GREAT EXPERIENCE.
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to have you around with us again. Please note that at lower lobby it is a grossery store. Design Suites Miami
1 night trip Dec 17, 2014
carlos
"I would Recommend this hotel!!!!"
Room was clean Didn't have any issues during Check in Check out. Have preference to a double bed through hotels.com and was able to get that. Closer to the beach so can spend early morning on 99th beach. I would recommend this hotel for sure.
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thank you for choosing the Design Suites Miami. We do our best to meet the needs of our guests, and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us Design Suites Miami
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
Kaarti selvan
"should be beautiful"
this hotel should be beautiful , location beach and outside appearance of hotel is great . at front desk not friendly , observed with several people , check out at 10 am , the room was large - great , but needed severe update along with the bathroom very old and fixtures pulling from walls , appear to be a lot of construction in hotel, . the second queen bed in room , when getting ready to use had playing cards under sheets ,.that is completely suboptimal for any rating hotel and cleaning staff . does have a kitchenette would advise to clean everything prior to use .
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
chuck
"Not what it seems"
The pictures look really nice but once you reach the hotel you realize it needs major updates. The pictures must be from when they originally opened the hotel. It smells musty from the moment you walk in. The elevators are very slow. You cant control the temp on the shower, the water is either cold or hot! Its by the beach, yes but its not a very pleasant area by the beach. I don't think I'll go back to that hotel.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Angel
"WORST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE"
THEY HAVE THE MOST RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I HAD PAID THEM FOR A ROLL AWAY BED, WENT OUT FOR DINNER, CAME BACK THERE WERE NO ROLL AWAY IN THE ROOM. FRONT DESK WAS CLOSED. (WHICH I NEVER HEARD OFF THAT A HOTEL FRONT DESK CLOSES AT NIGHT) SECURITY WERE NOT ABLE TO DO ANYTHING I EVEN REQUESTED TO RENT A SECOND ROOM BUT IT WAS A NO NO AND WHEN I STARTED TO ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK SO I CAN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE THEY GOT SO RUDE. I TOOK MY FAMILY AND WENT TO A DIFFERENT HOTEL. NEXT MORNING WENT BACK, THE FRONT DESK MANAGER CAME AND KEPT TALKING TO THE CLERK IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE, WHICH IS NOT PROFESSIONAL AND RUDE, I TOLD THEM THEY NEED TO SPEAK IN ENGLISH SO I CAN UNDERSTAND, HE SAID THAT HE IS OFF THE CLOCK AND IF I DON'T LIKE IT COME BACK AFTER 3:00 BECAUSE THE SECURITY MADE AN EVICTION FOR ME THE PREVIOUS NIGHT AND WALKED AWAY. (I HAD LEFT ON MY OWN) AND CONTINUED TALKING IN THAT LANGUAGE AGAIN THEN THE CLERK TOLD ME THAT HE HAD APPROVED A REFUND FOR THE $25.00 AND THEN WHEN I ASKED TO TALK IN ENGLISH HE TOLD HER NOT TO REFUND IT. WHEN I ARGUED ABOUT IT, 2 BIG SECURITY MEN CAME SURROUNDED ME AGAINST MY WELL DID NOT WANT ME TO LEAVE. FINALLY I WAS ABLE TO LEAVE AND THEY CAME AFTER ME OUTSIDE TELLING THE VALET NOT TO GIVE ME THE KEY TO MY CAR BUT THANK GOD I HAD A SPARE KEY AND I WAS ABLE TO LEAVE. THAT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD IN MY LIFE.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
"Rude Staff and dirty hotel."
When we first checked in we were hit with 200 cash deposit for our dog. Then after going into our room we find our bathroom was flooded with water from toilet and sink. On the second attempt we got a lower floor and a room with dirty kitchen and bath area. Totally a waist of money.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"ocean view thumbs up"
loved waking up to the 12th floor ocean view
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thanks for letting us know that you had a great stay. We look forward to your next stay. Design Suites Miami
3 night trip Dec 8, 2014
"close to beach"
hotel was old but they kept it up... The rooms was okay they had a kitchen there.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Soldier
"what happened"
Well completely a short trip, like less than a day to an un warranted "departure" by the hotel mngr... Stunning view, Inés life like in full n beach front
3 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
"overall good enough for the price"
2 nights. Room is clean and quiet. Close to beach
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
"Carlos"
Sucks
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
CARLOS
"Nice hotel very clean room"
I reserve the smoking room but when check in staff just gave me a key without telling anything i have to find room number by myself then when i open the door the room is very clean and perfect room but it's non smoking room i walk down to talk with staff he said this building are all non smoking room you have to smoke outside the building and i shown him a paper for my reservation that i request the smoking room . He said no we don't have it in this building. Why they let us booking that still confuse.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Thewee
"Hotel ok but with non polite workers."
The people at the reception were very stupid and non-comprehensive. The really should take a deep course to learn how to treat hotels guests. Nor even a single smile. The valet parking takes a long time to pickup the car. Besides those bad things the hotel is ok.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Julio
"ok"
The hotel seem dated but nice. The room was average and bathroom was below average. Each unit is different.....we had 1618. Valet parking was very nice.
2 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
matilda
"college dorm room meets Miami faux chic"
Rooms are a cross between a college dorm room and Miami Faux Chic. You get 2 basic beds, a $10 plastic table with 2 plastic chairs,a 17" TV and no in- room phone ( which I realized when I wanted to call the front desk to ask for a blanket because the heat doesn't work in the room). Free valet is a plus and rooms were clean
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Barely a hotel."
This is really a condominium building where certain rooms are designated as hotel rooms. Our neighboring room was someone that actually lives in the condo. That was a surprise to us. The location is on the north part of Miami Beach. We had a nice view of the bay and the parking was free which is a rare find. Think of this as a basic room. No mini bar or room service. There wasn't even a phone in our room to call the front desk or anything. Bed was hard and the hallways were kind of stinky.
3 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
"Terrible hotel I'll never stay again"
The worst place ever were I have been, I don't recommend stay there The manager is not responsible, in my room ceiling were leak two times. Manager didn't do anything.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Hey, it's miami"
I've been to Miami twice and I think this is just how it is. If you want to spend less than $200/night on a room it's going to be old and pretty plain. Overall, this place worked out great for what I needed, a couple nights during Art Basal just to rest my head and shower. The views were the best part of the hotel.
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thanks Design Suites Miami
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
rkdragonfly
"No sufficient service"
I could not get hair dryer, towels every days, no reception after 7:00pm.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
TamTam
"Satisfied customer"
Friendly staff, nice room with kitchenette, awesome view.
5 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
"Great View of Ocean"
Are family enjoyed the stay, due to the ocean view and walking distance to beach and the really nice hotel pool.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Roco
Good place clean and comfortable but bathroom need urgend update.
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our staff performance and our amenities. We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as good as you expected. We are in our last phase of a complete renovation, and that is why we understand your discomfort. At Design Suites Miami, our priority is to achieve a great customer service and we take care of all the minor details to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Re Modeling next door"
I am renovation an apartment in the building next door. So i understand these 50 year old solid as a rock buildings in a great location in need of remodeling. Seems like this large complex was once the playboy hotel. At any rate the elevators look horrible but one is new. Areas of the hotel are old and dome ompletely renovated. The toom had a full kitchen and dishwasher and icemaker in a full refrigerator and a toaster oven. The bed was a murphy super comfortable. Cleaned dayly nice towels great view. Able to sleep at least three more than me. Bodega in basement ope from 6 to 11 is a convenience. The car retrieval was a long wait and my rental was scratched when i returned it also a folded suitcase was missing from the trunk.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
60 year old
"Nice Rooms"
nice
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
Muhammad
"HIGHLY RECOMMEND!"
Came from Kentucky for a football game and was amazed when i walked into my room! Everyone who worked there was very friendly and easy to help you. Although it was a crazy and busy weekend, all valet was very friendly and helpful. Great visit, great place to stay!
1 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2014
"Design Suites Horrible Staff"
Horrible staff
1 night romance trip Nov 12, 2014
jacob
Bed was uncomfortable. Was nice to have kitchenette.
"Nice hotel if your expectations are low"
Well, the location is great right on the beach. Hotel staff majority is MONO-LINGUAL (spanish only). Majority of their guests are from Latin South America. The parking was free but the guys were expecting tips. The hotel is outdated and currently "improving and remodeling". By that they mean having a latino team banging on the walls next door while I'm trying to get some rest. While requesting other room I noticed that some of the rooms are actually remodeled with tiles on the floors but the toilet items such as the bathtub and toilet are left alone and simply old and disgusting. The room was ok, the plaster on wall was falling in some areas and it looked like "work in progress" rather than a finished room. The bathroom was partially finished (walls and ceiling) and most of the items outdated. They have Ikea furniture all over and a mini-kitchenette ( REAL SMALL) with a sink, microwave and a mini-fridge. Forks, knifes, cups and plates are provided along with a sponge. (That was good) The hotel pool is highly outdated and so are the restrooms (men's room was disgusting) The beach was great and the sand and water just perfect. There nothing within walking distance so you will need a car / taxi. If you go south on Collins right after 17th street all the way to 4th street that's where the night fun and good restaurants area begins, but expect to pay for parking unreasonable rates while enforced until 3:00AM. At 11:30 PM a parking officer was issuing tickets.
DJ
"For the Price well worth it"
If was very accomdating due to short notice booking. For the price it was worth it and close enough to shops, restuarants, and clubs. We used a taxi and was there in no time.
1 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2014
China
Terrible experience. Zero customer service. Furnished with ikea low quality furniture. Only plus was the free parking
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Design Suites @ Castle Beach"
Excellent customer service from the Guys working @ Design Suites! Five Stars.
6 night business trip Oct 25, 2014
Edgar
"Too Bad!!!!"
Checked in and was told that i could only look in the doorway of the room to decide to pay the balance of 3 nights which was not the agreement that i had on my Hotels.com documents. Hotel needs to renovate and update the rooms and lobby. It looks like the 70's and not the cool part of the 70's only the ugly. Ocean view room was nice until you looked down and saw the old grey asphalt tar roof below which goes out 25 feet towards the sea. If they would only paint it white it would not take away so much from the view.
4 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Lawrence
"fabulous"
its was a nice experience..i would defiantly stay there again in the future... if i can get great deals as the one i did i will be there more often...
2 night trip Nov 2, 2014
"Amazing location, great service"
Great service
2 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
Juan C
"Ok - but not great location for kids."
Good location, beautiful view and nice valet parking. But the building is old and no good beach in the back. Should book close to Hollywood where nice beaches for families with kids. Paid $100/night for Wed- ok price.
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2014