All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
5445 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33140, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.9
    2.4
"was ok"
the hotel was in a great location,great view of the ocean. only thing when i drove up the valets told me ,I only had 20 min.to check in or I will have to pay for parking.Rush rush..checked in on a sat.eve.no one was smiling.but wasnt a bad stay. 1 night. didnt know it was a condo. hotels.com should specify. IJS.
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our staff performance and our amenities. At Design Suites Miami, our priority is to achieve a great customer service and we take care of all the minor details to make your stay as pleasant as possible
1 night trip Feb 21, 2015
"WORST PERSONNEL EVER!!! TOOOOO NOISY!!!!"
The room was Ocean Front as I booked, it was clean, BUT NO INTERNET CONNECTION (which was included) and the WORST part was that it was next to the elevators and the NOISE going up and down constantly was really anoying. ALL DAY LONG AND ALL NIGHT LONG WITH NOISE FROM THE ELEVATORS. WORST STAY EVER!!! Also, the TV was less than 20"... THE FRONT DESK SERVICE IS BAD! THE VALET PARKING CHARGE YOU $20 IF YOU SPEND MORE THAN 20 MINUTES BETWEEN THE CHECK-IN AT FRONT DESK AND PRESENTING A VALET PARKING BLUE TICKET AT THE PARKING CABINE.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Fernando
"Disappointing stay in an old suite"
The rooms were not maintained: the counter in the room was broken, the painting around the air vent was dilapidated, the wiring to the TV was done by an amateur dangling from the ceiling, the wifi was anemic . The valet took for ever which delayed me for my appointments. The room was on the street side and it was noisy. the showers barely had enough lukewarm water for a family of four to shower. The lighting inside the bath room was very poor.The elevators were poorly maintained and you can tell the owners didn't take pride in their establishment and were too cheap to pay some one to paint the wood in the elevators.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Ismail
"you are in Jail not a hotel my last experience wit"
It was the wriest experience I had in my life, it is not a hotel, that was what the people in this place said. No heater in the coldest night, no service, not even coffee at room Floor are very cheap wood broken restroom and a very noisy refrigerator When we ask for maintenance, it is for emergency only and we spent the night awake Second day the manager call the security when we try to complain It is as it was and you are in Jail not a hotel
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Hesham
"Wretched"
Just getting into the place was hard, it has valet parking (which I didn't understand how it worked and that made it really interesting). The room was well worn with a slight curry odor, the toilet ran (which I did them a solid and adjusted) several of the fixtures in the place were damaged and unoperational. Theassive windows with several blinds broken or missing made me feel like I was in an aquarium being displayed to the street level public. the next morning I waited a solid 30 minutes for the valet to get my car, turns out if a resident comes down after a renter the resident gets their car first, I didn't say anything but I figured first come for served would be the fairest route. Anyhow I will never stay again and do yourself a favor and avoid this place.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
Jeremy
"Old Hotel In Need of Repair"
We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly and confirmed this via telephone when we made the reservation thru Expedia-no pet deposit required. Upon check in we were told that we needed to give a $250 pet deposit in cash. We refused and finally agreed to allow them to run the deposit on a credit card. A manager tore up the slip when we checked out and was furious that we had been asked to pay this $250. The room was awkward - bisected with a strange wall so there were really two rooms. The bed in the room with the television was lumpy and uncomfortable. The second bed was better but there was no TV in that room. The biggest problem was that the bathroom fixtures were inoperable. It was impossible to turn the shower or bath on. We finally realized that we had to pull the fixture out with all of our might to get the water to trickle. The tile had been cut away and it was clear they had rigged it to work...but barely! No hot water in the sink. The pool had only one third of the lounges one would expect and I saw people sitting on lounges with broken legs. The stairs leading in and out were crumbling and held together with duct tape in some cases. This hotel needs a major renovation. The furniture in the rooms was the cheapest of cheap. We were impressed with how quickly the valet system worked. They were efficient and pleasant! The elevators were quick and the beach access was nice because on this section of the beach we were allowed to take our puppy.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Claudia
"pick other"
noisy, smell like someone smoking, bath cealing have a drop from room above...
5 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Alexander
"Not bad, not a resort but ok. They're trying!"
Don't be to scared of some of some of these reviews. It depends on what "condo" you get. Ours on 8th floor main bldg and a friends on 12th floor main bldg were ok. Clean and no bugs as some reported. Halls and elevators were clean. Elevator system is odd but works. Everything is separately managed/Subed? Check-in, valet cleaning, etc. There is no help with luggage if you need it be prepared. Valet was not bad. We were there for Miami Boat show and never waited more than 15 minutes. They were friendly and quick. Not many chairs at pool so if driving bring a folder or get to pool early. Hats off to the Retaurant there in hotel, "Blue ?". Food was excellent and service was great! Felipe helped a large group of us the best he could and was impressive. Eat there if you get a chance. We will go back if just needing a place to stay with business in town. You get what you pay for. You can tell they are trying.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
SailGreenBama
"OK"
Helt greit i forhold til pris.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Kristian
"Rude staff n inconvient"
The staff were rude.. The front desk is only 6am to 10pm. They never gave me back my cash deposit bc the front desk was closed bc I had a early departure. Expedia n myself was unable to contact the front desk or reservations about my despute.. I left numerous vmails n got no call back. There are no phones in room n the hotel is dated... The only nice thing is the beach behind the hotel..
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Mr. CEO
"Very dirty hotel"
I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTEL TO NO ONE Hotel smell like humid. And insects I the bathroom
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"close to South Beach"
We enjoyed our stay overall, would stay again
1 night trip with friends Feb 3, 2015
Lenka
"Good for one night, no more"
So expensive related with the room, staff, general
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
We are sorry to hear about your inconvenience and appreciate your comments here. We are happy that you have spoken up so that we may better our property. We will be working diligently to make your stays much more enjoyable in the future.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
JC
"Nice stay in Miami"
It was great. I was afraid about the negative reviews I kept on reading about, but I decided to give it a try. Well, the room was spotlessly clean and the daily housekeeping was amazing. But, it isn't a hotel; it is a condo. Not everything is in top shape. Some paint is peeling, some chips in the wood, etc, but if you want a nice place to stay on the beach at a reasonable price, give Design Suites a try.
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our staff performance and our amenities. We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as good as you expected. We are in our last phase of a complete renovation, and that is why we understand your discomfort. At Design Suites Miami, our priority is to achieve a great customer service and we take care of all the minor details to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Thanks Design Suites Miami
4 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
"No sure"
Check out time too early.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Araxie
"It's all about how you look at it!"
This was my first experience traveling alone. At first, I was scared of what I had gotten myself into with this hotel mostly because compared to where I am from (northern part of the US) our buildings are designed differently. I stayed at this hotel for a total of 4 days and by the end of the first day there all my initial jitters and disappointments were gone and I loved it! I loved what the hotel had to offer. Yes, it wasn't the most clean hotel I have been too but it was perfect for a little get away on the beach alone! The service and staff were AMAZING and so very friendly! Anytime I had questions or issues with anything in my room, I or the issue was taken care of right away. I am a very arts-like person and see beauty in most so I definitely got out of my stay what I put into it and had a blast! I will definitely stay at this hotel again!
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Hotel a Bust"
Hotel manager very unprofessional. Took almost 45 minutes standing in line to check in. Our sheets had sand in them from "previous" guests. Took 3 days ( of 4 day stay) to get results. Lights not working in room, no phone in room. Only positives were the location and the food in the hotel restaurant.
3 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Horrible Stay, Rude Staff, Dirty Rooms & roaches"
when I checked into my room I saw roaches crawling up the walls, Went to the front desk& talked to the rude manager with the name Victor. after 2 hours he replaced us in a new room, that room had leaking sealing from the air conditioner and we was told is normal. Well, second night Christmas eve the sealing was leaking all night long and the front desk? they were off all of them, and we slept in a leaking noisy room .then finally, after complaining about our conditions, Viktor was rude and suggested that he had no other rooms left for us and we should go out and do what we are supposed to do as he will call someone to come fix the place,, oh, I can go on.. but finally 3 days later we get another room and by this point we were exhausted, disrespected and mad. No sorry, no refund, they didn't even care what we went through. Wow!!
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
The management team is sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We take pride in training our staff to enhance the guest experience and encourage them to take control of guest interaction to make a stay at the Design Suites at Castle Beach a positive and enjoyable one. We hope that you will come visit us again and give us another try!”
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Beth
"3rd world country level hotel"
Dirty, smelly, bugs, awful service, "disgusting" was the word my 14 year old daughter used to describe this hotel. I felt like I was staying in a super cheap, discount hotel in India. The rooms were "decorated" with cheap, fall apart furniture from Ikea. The craftsmanship of the tile work, plumbing work, cabinetry was as bad as a mobile home would be. Certainly not something done by any person who actually works in the construction or finishing industry - at least in the United States. If you like those 50 year old hotels on the side of a quiet highway, out in the country, with rooms that rent for next to nothing, then you might like this hotel. The shower was filthy . . . that permanent type of filth that even scrubbing and disinfectants doesn't clean. The elevators were simply gross. There was literally garbage/trash all over the place and not one single employee would bend down to pick any of it up, even if they accidentally stepped on it. This hotel was so bad, I actually took pictures of the most disgusting aspects . . . but apparently cannot post accurate pictures of this property. When my daughter got out of the shower, she saw bugs running across the floor . . . she refused to even go back into the bathroom during the remainder of our "not short enough" one day stay.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Great location, facilities.."
but the room itself was mediocre. It was clean but old, chipped off paint and not upgraded. The pool facility is great, and also beach access. Anyway we spent a lot of time in the beach/ pool rather than the room.
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thanks
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Poornima
"Old and worn out"
Old hotel and not well maintained
3 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Only cleaned or room 3 out of seven days"
Had to switch room upon entry,smell unbearable,conditions unbearable don't understand why they would try to put anyone in this room.next room needed a paint job, maid service only came 3 out of 7 days we had Togo down and get towels everyday maid didint show.room had mold on ceiling no phone in room so you can't complain without your 25 minute waste of time they say yes and nothing gets done. Have to pay 35 dollars to workout this place is crazy. I wish I would have seen reviews before I booked this non refundable. Tv went out with internet for two days with no storm to cause it . Advertising full kitchen with stove that's only presidential sweet so you just spend 5500$ for two rooms find out u can't use workout facility unless u pay crazy amount might as well go get a massage. Your going to need it after sleeping in those beds horrible experience.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
buisness owner,
"vacation"
Big disappointment. Terrible service. Unprofessional and unfriendly staff. Poor room conditions
8 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Ella
Nice hotel, good location. Clean and comfortable. Located beach front and with a pool, poolside bar and exercise room. Overall good choice.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
ann
Toilet flooded during our first night of stay. There is no phone in the room to contact the front desk. Even if you call them using your cellphone, the call rarely gets through. When we went to the front desk about the problem, the reaction indicated that it was not a rare occurrence. It was fixed quickly though. The wi-fi connection in the hotel was hopeless. Couldn't get online for the most part of our stay. We did not use the gym, swimming pool or spa facilities at the hotel but our overall experience was disappointing.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Not a full service hotel."
No bellman to help with luggage. Lobby furishings and art are run down. Many of the paintings hanging in the lobby are torn/slashed. Many different companies rent out the rooms in this building. Our TV was not plugged in and needed a cable. Ocean view from our room was beautiful.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Terrible hotel,very disappointed."
Don,t believe on the picture,worst hotel i every stay on my live,everything follow a part,smell very bad right on you pass the door,old builder,need complete renovation,i start going to my room 1534 i have almost to brake the door to open,start if bathroom,tile broke , tile missing on bath,big holl on the wall,look like somebody just pickup furniture from trash and put there, cabinet door on the kitchen felling a part,roach on bathroom,holes on laminate floor,I paid $510.00 for 2 days hotel is not worth $40.00 very disappointed never go back to that place,
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
alex
"Heavily below expectations"
This place is cheaper than other hotels in the beach, but far below expectations even for that price. Uncomfortable room. We were misled that our suite would be two bedroom. It wasn't. Bathroom was uncomfortable. Everything needed to be renovated honestly. Elevator system was extremely unintuitive and led my parents to getting lost.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Samir
"Hotel room was disgusting!"
Found a roach bug inside kitchen cabinet, no hot water in shower, no phone inside room, & tile floor felt damp the whole stay. Front desk response was that there was no manager available.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Victoria
Horrible, not as shown on internet, our experience was very dissapointing
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"No good hotel,"
It doesn't look what showed in photo, also check-out time is 10:00 AM which is to early.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
I have a great time the front desk hell me a and provided a great services.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"View for Days"
Wonderful. Great staff.
2 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
Tamra
I enjoyed the location, however, I experienced poor customer service at the front desk. It was difficult to receive a prompt answer to a question and we received the wrong directions once. Other than that, the hotel is nice and the rooms were in good condition. Excellent valet service.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Maggie
"Good price in this location"
For this location, the price is competitive. View is nice and it's good for a walk around this area.
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thank you for your feedback, which We have shared with our team. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Hao
"Wastage of money in any price"
Room is totally different that shows in pictures. In pictures rooms are very neat and colorful but in acctual I think I am in motel instead of resort. My experience is very bad and staff is not at all cooperative as well.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Ashish
"FASCINATED BY THE VIEW."
The neighborhood is not bad, the inconvinience is the distance to any store (none around in that area) My room has a breathtaking view. Every minute of my stay was a pleasure. It's the 1st time I see a hotel where the check out is @ 10 am, & staying longer will cost you an arm & a leg, so better check out in time. Quiet & very clean place. Fully equipped if you don't think on cooking in the room. GREAT EXPERIENCE.
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to have you around with us again. Please note that at lower lobby it is a grossery store. Design Suites Miami
1 night trip Dec 17, 2014
carlos
"I would Recommend this hotel!!!!"
Room was clean Didn't have any issues during Check in Check out. Have preference to a double bed through hotels.com and was able to get that. Closer to the beach so can spend early morning on 99th beach. I would recommend this hotel for sure.
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thank you for choosing the Design Suites Miami. We do our best to meet the needs of our guests, and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us Design Suites Miami
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
Kaarti selvan
"should be beautiful"
this hotel should be beautiful , location beach and outside appearance of hotel is great . at front desk not friendly , observed with several people , check out at 10 am , the room was large - great , but needed severe update along with the bathroom very old and fixtures pulling from walls , appear to be a lot of construction in hotel, . the second queen bed in room , when getting ready to use had playing cards under sheets ,.that is completely suboptimal for any rating hotel and cleaning staff . does have a kitchenette would advise to clean everything prior to use .
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
chuck
"Not what it seems"
The pictures look really nice but once you reach the hotel you realize it needs major updates. The pictures must be from when they originally opened the hotel. It smells musty from the moment you walk in. The elevators are very slow. You cant control the temp on the shower, the water is either cold or hot! Its by the beach, yes but its not a very pleasant area by the beach. I don't think I'll go back to that hotel.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Angel
"WORST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE"
THEY HAVE THE MOST RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I HAD PAID THEM FOR A ROLL AWAY BED, WENT OUT FOR DINNER, CAME BACK THERE WERE NO ROLL AWAY IN THE ROOM. FRONT DESK WAS CLOSED. (WHICH I NEVER HEARD OFF THAT A HOTEL FRONT DESK CLOSES AT NIGHT) SECURITY WERE NOT ABLE TO DO ANYTHING I EVEN REQUESTED TO RENT A SECOND ROOM BUT IT WAS A NO NO AND WHEN I STARTED TO ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK SO I CAN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE THEY GOT SO RUDE. I TOOK MY FAMILY AND WENT TO A DIFFERENT HOTEL. NEXT MORNING WENT BACK, THE FRONT DESK MANAGER CAME AND KEPT TALKING TO THE CLERK IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE, WHICH IS NOT PROFESSIONAL AND RUDE, I TOLD THEM THEY NEED TO SPEAK IN ENGLISH SO I CAN UNDERSTAND, HE SAID THAT HE IS OFF THE CLOCK AND IF I DON'T LIKE IT COME BACK AFTER 3:00 BECAUSE THE SECURITY MADE AN EVICTION FOR ME THE PREVIOUS NIGHT AND WALKED AWAY. (I HAD LEFT ON MY OWN) AND CONTINUED TALKING IN THAT LANGUAGE AGAIN THEN THE CLERK TOLD ME THAT HE HAD APPROVED A REFUND FOR THE $25.00 AND THEN WHEN I ASKED TO TALK IN ENGLISH HE TOLD HER NOT TO REFUND IT. WHEN I ARGUED ABOUT IT, 2 BIG SECURITY MEN CAME SURROUNDED ME AGAINST MY WELL DID NOT WANT ME TO LEAVE. FINALLY I WAS ABLE TO LEAVE AND THEY CAME AFTER ME OUTSIDE TELLING THE VALET NOT TO GIVE ME THE KEY TO MY CAR BUT THANK GOD I HAD A SPARE KEY AND I WAS ABLE TO LEAVE. THAT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD IN MY LIFE.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
"Rude Staff and dirty hotel."
When we first checked in we were hit with 200 cash deposit for our dog. Then after going into our room we find our bathroom was flooded with water from toilet and sink. On the second attempt we got a lower floor and a room with dirty kitchen and bath area. Totally a waist of money.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"ocean view thumbs up"
loved waking up to the 12th floor ocean view
Response by Design Suites at Castle Beach
Thanks for letting us know that you had a great stay. We look forward to your next stay. Design Suites Miami
3 night trip Dec 8, 2014
"close to beach"
hotel was old but they kept it up... The rooms was okay they had a kitchen there.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Soldier
"what happened"
Well completely a short trip, like less than a day to an un warranted "departure" by the hotel mngr... Stunning view, Inés life like in full n beach front
3 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
"overall good enough for the price"
2 nights. Room is clean and quiet. Close to beach
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
"Carlos"
Sucks
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
CARLOS
"Nice hotel very clean room"
I reserve the smoking room but when check in staff just gave me a key without telling anything i have to find room number by myself then when i open the door the room is very clean and perfect room but it's non smoking room i walk down to talk with staff he said this building are all non smoking room you have to smoke outside the building and i shown him a paper for my reservation that i request the smoking room . He said no we don't have it in this building. Why they let us booking that still confuse.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Thewee
"Hotel ok but with non polite workers."
The people at the reception were very stupid and non-comprehensive. The really should take a deep course to learn how to treat hotels guests. Nor even a single smile. The valet parking takes a long time to pickup the car. Besides those bad things the hotel is ok.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Julio
"ok"
The hotel seem dated but nice. The room was average and bathroom was below average. Each unit is different.....we had 1618. Valet parking was very nice.
2 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014