All hotels in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
1170 Chemin D' Aylmer, Gatineau, QC, J9H7L3, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9397

"Great Stay!"
Very friendly and informative staff. We enjoyed the amenities that the hotel offered, namely the indoor pool and the 18 hole golf course. The warm cookies upon arrival was a nice touch! The hotel offers a free shuttle to Ottawa and return to the hotel and the driver was extremely curtious and informative. Overall a wonderful stay!
3 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
"our wonderful stay at Double Tree Hotel in Gatinea"
It was the most wonderful stay during our trip. The room was fantastic and the crew at the front desk was very courteous and helpful. We loved the neighborhood and liked the fact that there was a free shuttle that took us toand picked us up from Ottawa. I wish we had spent additional days at this facility.
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Miriam
Very nice, very spacious rooms. Only downside is the floors carry sound, so I could here noise from the halls.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
Janine
"One night in Ottawa"
The hotel was nice you'll need a car since it is not in an urban environment. Room were clean but hotel is older. Toilets are small.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Comfortable and reasonably priced"
Comfortable hotel on a golf course in the suburbs of Ottawa. Clean indoor pool with hot tub. Limited food with snacks and a 15$CD breakfast. Restaurants nearby. Need a car to get to town or to restaurants. Hotel offers a free shuttle into Ottawa which we used and was convenient. Quiet.
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Staff was excellent."
The entire staff was courteous, friendly and helpful, especially the restaurant waiters.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
joe
"Very satisfied"
Very friendly staff at the front desk. The bed was incredibly comfortable!
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
"Good overall stay"
Went with my family ..The wifi and hassle free parking is a plus. They let me check in early and I missed the rush!! Room needed to be brighter...didn't care I was there only one night.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"Good Hotel, bad English"
This is the only hotel we found in Canada that comes with sofa bed suitable for four adults. Good price, very clean and upgraded. What we liked most was the room size, very spacious! However it does not offer complimentary breakfast. The sofa bed was not comfortable, old springs, we woke up with sore back. The front desk staff were helpful but I hope their English was better so they would understand what we meant by "blanket". Instead we got a bed sheet. I had to go personally with the staff to the storage room to pick up what we needed. Besides, we could hear next door noises.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Nice, very nice"
Overall this hotel was very, very nice. The hotel staff were helpful and friendly; however they did forget to dry clean a shirt that I submitted, and I believe that was was due to the particular people on duty at the time of my submitting my shirt (they were not as useful as the rest of the staff). The main manager was absolutely awesome, and he tried to make up for the lack of dry cleaning with gifts. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.
6 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
Wade
"great place to stay"
fantastic room, clean, great service, nice amenities, and close proximity to downtown Ottawa
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
We stayed there one night. It was a beautiful facility. But somehow, the bed was a little bit damp.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"Fantastic hotel, even if you don't like golf"
Spectacular hotel, our suite had plenty of room. We loved the swimming pool and huge fitness center.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Jono
"Stay here instead of downtown Ottawa"
This hotel is conveniently located just across the bridge from downtown Ottawa and offers a pleasant, tranquil environment with free parking. Decor could use a little updating, but still a great value.
2 night trip May 11, 2014
"Nice room, wrong size beds"
Stay was fine. We reserved a room with two queen beds and was given a room with two double beds. Desk clerk was unwilling to switch our rooms. Room was clean and comfortable.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Best stay of our trip"
This hotel is managed with excellent staff and amenities. The staff person who checked us in was quite helpful in recommending a restaurant for dinner and check-in was quick. Their chocolate chip cookies upon check-in are amazing, warm and make for a a delicious welcome. This hotel is across the river from downtown Ottawa and gave easy access to sightseeing. Unfortunately, a draw back for Hotels.com is that we found directions to each of our hotels over a 10 day period very frustrating. It would be helpful if this website provided detailed instructions in the future. We stayed two nights at this hotel and had no complaints other than the lack of a complimentary breakfast included in our reservation.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2014
MC
"Fantastic alternative across the river from Ottawa"
This is an older large hotel with plenty of amenities. It does have some things you want to know about, like staying on the 4th floor or higher as these floors have been remodeled and a very nice. Fresh warmed cookies and apples are gratis at the front desk, plus water is supplied in room. Excellent pool that is warm and a hot tub that is quite hot. The only thing not up to par is the in-hotel restaurant. Plenty of food options just East on the same street in Gatineau or across the river in Ottawa. Free Parking and Shuttles service to Ottawa.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
Dave D.
"great experience - need to do it again soon!"
We VERY much enjoyed. I was worried if children would be welcomed and they were. Ate at the breakfast buffet and it was very satisfying. Front desk staff were particularly helpful and pleasant. We will do it again. I recommend this hotel without hesitation!
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
The fresh cookies and a bag of activities for the kids at arrival was a very nice touch. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The rooms are huge. We were 3 adults and 2 kids and could sleep comfortably in the existing beds. Overall a great experience.
traveller
"Great hotel to explore Ottawa"
Clean, comfortable hotel. Very nice breakfast buffet. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The drive downtown was short and easy. Great location and if you like to play golf, great golf course too.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Claudia
"Very nice hotel and close to everything."
Excellent with a great staff. I used the gym facilities a number if times and they are great. Sauna, steam room and a spa for a massage. Rooms were very comfortable and the hotel is very close to most everything in the area. I hope to use the golf course next time I stay there
Other trip May 31, 2014
randy
"Really nice hotel but not flexible"
I really liked this hotel but I didn't find that they were flexible. I thought the receptionist at the spa was rude and didn't try hard to see if she can fit me in. The staff at the hotel were nice and friendly and I would go back.
2 night business trip Apr 18, 2014
Amal
"Nice stay with the family"
I love the room setup, 2 Queens, one in each room separated by French doors. Staff was friendly.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
Andrea
"Nice place to stay between 2 days around capital."
Great room layout with D&Q with doors to separate two make two bedrooms,essentially. Few small maintenance items for the room which did not really detract from our enjoyment in the room. Biggest disappointment was the hot tub that wasn't hot and the steam room was also out of order. Not what we were hoping for after a day of skiing! Fantastic pizza ordered in, from local pizzeria, which had sesame crust - try it, you'll love it.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
J
"Nice older hotel. Across bridge to Ottawa centre."
Older buiding so some nightime sounds due to electric heat or dripping off roof cannot say which, kept my daughter up much of night. Beds were very comfy if you don't like hard beds. Older hotel but staff was great. I didnt get room with the modern decor as advertised but had a suite of sorts and very spacious and clean. Used the pool, salt water . Was a bit "stuffy"as no pool toys present for kid but patio furniture around pool in new condition. Was a gym next door to pool that was used by the community not only hotel guests so they try to maintain a professional atmosphere here. I'm sure summer view from pool would be lovely as many patio doors frame the walls which lead out to golf course. Would stay again. No parking fee which was nice also.
1 night trip Dec 10, 2013
Lillian
"Close to all must-see sights"
Great hotel, I recommend!
1 night family trip Nov 4, 2013
"A hidden gem in the Ottawa region"
The stay was very comfortable. From free parking to rooms that were substantial in size, the Chateau Cartier was an excellent experience.
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013
BAGM
"Perfect all the way!"
I stayed there for 3 nights, loved the room, loved the golf course view, loved the pool and sauna and restaurants and gym!
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Mona
"Ok hotel!"
Nice hotel but could of been a little cleaner and more options to eat at the hotel. The staff was wonderful.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Shannon
"Great location & free parking"
Beautiful suite over-looking river, great value. Good service. Only complaint was that TV in living area was not working. Very clean hotel & convenient free parking.
2 night business trip Sep 24, 2013
"Excellent Hotel with Good Comforts"
I stayed for 1 week from 22nd Sep to 29th Sep 2013 and I felt very good staying at this hotel. Even I recommend for others.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
"Close to city"
Good for living. No complimentary breakfast. We can make our own arrangements for it. Down restaurant food I is expensive. Not much variety.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
"Not far to Ottawa"
good!
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2013
"close downtown"
good locations, good near restaurants, good hoteis amenities
2 night romance trip Aug 26, 2013
Adriana
Beatiful hotel,,big and clean rooms,,, would go again
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Wonderful hotel at very reasonable price."
We arrived very early, but they had a room ready for us. We had only reserved a basic room, but they upgraded us in a suite at no additional cost, perhaps because there was a large convention group, and the hotel wanted to place us in a quiet place away from the convention guests. Everything exceeded expectations, from the comfortable bed to the free continental breakfast available in the lounge on the Club Floor. We chose to do without daily maid service for our three day stay, and were rewarded each day except checkout day with a substantial discount at the restaurant. Breakfast buffet in the restaurant was very nice, and with the coupon, also very reasonable. Very nice pool and jacuzzi. We did not use any of the other health club facilities. The staff was very friendly and helpful with every request. We did not try dinner at the Brazilian Restaurant, but it sounded tempting. We did find an exceptionally good Vietnamese restaurant just a few minutes east, also in Gatineau, called Palais du Vietnam. Wonderful dinner, and very pleasant staff.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
Paul & Judi
"Very helful staff"
I stayed in that hotel for 5 days. The best part was, the staff was always willing to help you. I didnt had car, so I had to rely on bus. The staff guided me well, they let me know the directions/bus numbers/bus timings. The cab drivers were talking french which I dont know. The staff translated and help me on that. The rooms were nice and comfortable for me. The rooms had a nice view of the Golf course. Overall I had nice 5 days in the Hotel. I recommend this hotel.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
Prabhakar
A little noise from the outside, not sure cause of contraction or not.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2013
mey
"Close to downtown Ottawa"
It's a very nice hotel and we have a pleasant stay.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"nothing much"
not so good. nothing much interesting. if you ask me again and again to write more n more on the hotel..... I am sorry to say ...experience in food and other general things are not at all good ... very bad time for me ...
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Chateau Cartier"
That hotel was undergoing some renovations, and the hallway on my floor was very musty smelling. That's probably because some of the room carpets were ripped out? Also, one of the restaurants was closed and the one that was open didn't really have a good atmosphere for breakfast and lunch (dark).
4 night trip Aug 7, 2013
Margot
"Not a bad hotel"
The hotel feels a bit outdated, but not bad overall. The carpet had stains. I asked for a different room - they gave it to me right away, but the carpet there had stains too...
1 night trip Jul 25, 2013
A&V
"Wait until everything reopens"
There is condo conversion and new ownership coming in, so that at the moment, many things were not available. Only one restaurant, one bar was open and no room service. The air conditioning is not individually controlled and not very effective. The rooms were fine; beds comfortable and the staff outstanding.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Fran and Dr. Ed
"A wonderful place to stay"
This was a very nice hotel to stay with a family. We stayed for four nights and upon arrival we were given backpacks for the children and coloring books. The people at the hotel were friendly and kind. The hotel room was clean and comfortable. Really, the ONLY thing I can say to be aware of (which isn't a "hotel" issue) is TV programming. My children learned quickly their favorite early morning programs only showed in French :) Bright side - they went without TV while I showered and played instead.
4 night family trip Jul 21, 2013
Daphne
"In need of maintenance"
- broken fridg handle. - draperies would not close. - rusted shower pole. - expensive mediocre breakfast buffet.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
yves
"pleasant atmosphere, clean , not hectic, relaxed"
felt comfortable there, pool closed early, would have liked it to close later
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
al
"Huge Room"
I loved this hotel....they have huge and nice room, will be 5 stars if they have free continental breakfast ;)
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
Ethan
"Very Nice Hotel"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.We had a great suite that overlooked the golf course with the city skyline in the distance. The pool and jacuzzi were great. The hotel is conveniently located just across the river from Ottawa.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Economical without compromising quality & comfort"
IT WAS HEAVENLY!!! I love our room! It was huge and very cozy. There were two double beds, but one of them was in a room within the room! Two TV sets as well. Their swimming pool was big compared to other hotels of their size, the gym was also big, you'd think you're in an actual gym. There was dry and wet sauna in both the Women's and Men's change rooms, although the wet sauna in the women's change room was out of order, I did try the dry sauna. There was a hot tub beside the pool as well. The golf course behind the hotel made the hotel look very inviting. They have this promotion where if you don't want to have your room cleaned by their staff for the day, you get a $10 gift card to use at their restaurant. We availed of this twice and got a $20 gift card which we used for breakfast on our last day. It was fantastic! I will definitely stay in this hotel if I ever go back to the area. MORE IMPORTANTLY, I was there to attend a Criminal Law conference at the OTTAWA Convention Centre and it was just a 10 minute drive from the hotel to the convention centre. It was very straightforward with hardly any traffic! So if you want to visit OTTAWA, better to stay in this hotel because parking and internet are free which will save you a lot compared to the hotels in downtown Ottawa where you have to pay $16-$20 parking per night plus you also have to pay for the internet! Chateau Cartier is economical without compromising quality and comfort!
5 night trip Jul 7, 2013
"Good hotel for family"
Has all the amenities but the bathrooms are very small and the water in the tub does not drain properly. I was hoping they might have fixed the problem form my last visit 2yrs ago but they did not.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013