All hotels in New Britain, Connecticut, United States of America
65 Columbus Blvd, New Britain, CT, 06051, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

Super friendly, attentive and very helpful staff! The front desk offered assistance to our room and found directions for us as well as gave local restaurant advice with a smile :) The only things missing from the room were microwave and mini fridge but luckily we had a cooler from our long drive and the ice machines were clean and free...also very convenient having a single brew coffee machine in the room :) Crisp, white, clean bedding and towels, comfy king sized mattress and toiletries ontop of clean carpets and bathrooms both in our room and throught the hotel brightened our stay :) The iron, ironing board, wooden hangers, alarm clock, personal adjustable thermostat and individual heating/air conditioning unit annd free site wide wi-fi were bonuses ontop of cable flat screen tv with various ports (to play mp3 movies etc)...a great night away. ..area a little confusing to maneuver by car and a little industrial
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Easy access. good stopover to Vermont from Norfolk"
Comfortable, clean, nice attending receptionist. Close to 24 hr diner.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
shirley cr
"LA Quinta Hotel in New Britain.."
I had a nice stay along with great breakfast..
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Patsy
"plain hotel."
Great food next door. If u like sushi.
5 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
don
The area is a bit rough, however the hotel did have a security guard on duty at night - confirming our conclusion about the area being rough. I was there with my husband, but may not have felt totally at ease on my own. The bathroom and hallways smelled of smoke and in fact my pajamas acquired the smell after just one night in the room. Other than that hotel was clean and staff was great.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
AM
"Family Reunion"
The room was nice and clean. Great price and the continental breakfast was not bad at all. It was close enough for us to attend our family reuinion.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
MIgdalia
"Just okay"
My stay was okay and room clean enough. The desk staff were not friendly, with the exception of the guy who checked me in. When I called the front desk to let them know I was checking out, they didn't say thank you or anything. Just hung up. Very rude.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"Vacation"
It was an ok visit. Some of the staff were not very friendly and uniforms were not consistent.
7 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Roi
"Pleasant stay."
We were very happy with our stay. The staff was very accomidating. The only disappointment was not very much selection in restaurants.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Marion
"GOOD STOPOVER"
GREAT PLACE TO STOP ON OUR WAY TO WASHINGTON DC
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
PREZ
Very courteous and friendly staff!
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
BG
"Convenient for a day or two"
The hotel is conveniently located near the freeway, and is reasonably priced. If you want to stay for a night or two this is a good place. The staff was nice and cordial, and the continental breakfast was decent. The cons: the carpets in the hallways and the room smelled bad. My stay was two night, but the cleaning staff did not replace linen nor provide toiletries for the second day.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Not what I was expecting"
room was very clean- surrounding neighborhood was sketchy and no restaurants were open. Front desk charged me twice and mixed up who I was twice.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Ashley
"Nice hotel in not so nice an area"
Nice hotel in not so nice an area but it's great for just an overnight stay.
ashley
Very happy
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
Paul- Émile Roy
Had to keep asking for pillows.
4 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Thin walls"
LaQuinta is one of the best in its class of hotels. This one has nice rooms, clean and comfortable, however, the location is kind of seedy. Also, the walls are kind of thin because we can hear the LOUD snorer next door, or the TV. Breakfast is average, nothing to write home about.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
LK
"Eh"
We requested a non-smoking room. When we got there, it was obvious someone had been smoking in that room.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Has reputation of being rented by the hour
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
The bottom sheet was soiled when we first arrived and it was untouched when we left. I had spoken to the housekeeper and she said that she spoke to her supervisor.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"A nice hotel, definitely would stay there again"
I needed to stay in New Britain for a couple of nights and wanted to get something as cheap as possible. Although it is a 2 star hotel, it's comparable to many 3 stars hotels I stayed in. The room was very clean, the shower was good, the internet was fast. Moreover, they had a very good breakfast. I don't understand why so many people gave negative reviews.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Mihai
"Will find another place next time...."
The hotel is very understaffed. There was not enough hotel staff to assist my wife and children to get into their room while I was stuck in the elevator for 45 minutes waiting for the fire department to arrive. Checkout took five minutes. Not because of a line of guests, but because no one was attending to the desk at 10am. We wanted a non-smoking room, but ended up in the smokiest non-smoking** room there was. When informing the front desk, the response I got was "hmm, we just had the units cleaned. If you go, stay off elevator #2. The sound you here between floors 2 and 3, well, lets just say its not a comforting sound.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"This hotel was below"
Checking in was ok. There wasn't enough parking at this hotel. I requested more towels around 9am at the front desk which never came until I called again around 1:03pm. In which the lady at the front desk claimed I never told her. Both elevators were out of service and we were on the third floor. Upon check out I did not receive a bill under my door I had to go and request one at the front desk. The same lady was there who didn't put in my request for the towels and she did not acknowledge me at all. Another man came over to help me. I was not pleased at all with this stay. If I could've gotten a refund I would've cancelled my reservation and went to another hotel.
Other trip May 27, 2014
JC
comfortable and quiet!
1 night trip May 18, 2014
Marie Paquin
I have heard that this hotel is in a bad neighborhood, however, I did not see anything to make me feel that way. I was in town for a funeral and this hitel was close to both the funeral home and the cemetery. My relatives had other rooms in the hotel also and got smoking rooms when they were suppose to be non-smoking. Again, I didnt experience any of those thingsm
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Earl Brannon
"noisy, dirty, smelly"
The facility and room were fine. Location convenient, staff nice. But I was kept awake half the night by some people loudly partying in a room down the hall. The elevator floor was sticky and filthy, and reeked of cigarette smoke.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
kmh
"Not the best breakfast we've had at La Quinta"
It was very convenient. Good location, not the best neighborhood. The breakfast was not good at all. We have stayed at other La Quinta's recently and my family was looking forward to breakfast, and ended up very disappointed. The orange juice was not even real orange juice. Nothing hot other than the waffle maker. Very disappointing. Other than that the staff was friendly, and the room was decent.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
"Nice place for a getaway"
They allowed us to check in early and the service was outstanding. Breakfast was delicious. Love the waffles.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2014
moondoog
"Great Value for the money"
I was overall satisfied. Just a tad bit out of the way but nothing too bad.
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
rude clientele, subpar facilities.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Emily
"good value, quality"
pleasant staff, easy stay. No real highs or lows but would definitely stay there again.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
"Inexpensive"
We just needed a place to sleep for one night. Arrived late in the evening, left right after breakfast. Typical inexpensive hotel. Located in the middle of nowhere. Pretty deserted place. The only memorable occurrence was that the bathroom sink in the room we were assigned was clogged. We called the front desk, but the only staff person on the premisses was the front desk guy. He tried to unclog it with his fingers, but did not succeed. He gave us a choice of a discount on that room or we could move to another room. We chose the latter. It was a good choice; the coffee/tea maker in the new room was working and the bed linen looked fresher. Continental breakfast was typical, but we can't complain. The place was by far the least expensive in the area.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
Ohioan
"Decent hotel"
The hotel itself was nice, but the area is a little sketchy, and the attached restaurant (Hibachi & Sushi Buffet) is horrible. If you need someplace to stay over this is fine for the night, but doesn't bring much else to the table.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"bad experience"
staff was very rude
2 night business trip Mar 14, 2014
"It was ok"
The room was clean as for the bathroom and beds, the carpets appeared dirty and stained. Overall the room was ok. The elevators were dirty and there was vomit outside on the sidewalk. There is a sushi rest/bar and things were loud.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"For the money"
For the money it's great , any more I'd pay the extra to stay else where
3 night business trip Feb 23, 2014
chris
"Nice place to stay, but beware"
Walls are paper thin, and the amorous couple next door made it difficult to sleep through the night. Clean and comfortable hotel.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2014
Dan M
Lady at front desk, Nancy, extremely helpful in aiding us with local eateries and directions, as well as parking facilities in nearby Hartford.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2014
Jack
"Disappointed."
We have stayed in several LaQuinta Inns and have been very satisfied but this one I hope was the exception. The front desk staff on check in and out were excellent but the hotel very inferior. Our room was not clean. It looked like the carpet had not been vacuumed and the bathroom floor dirty. Although it was a snowy evening the dirt on the lobby carpet was old. The heat/AC unit extremely loud. The phone in the room did not work. There was an altercation in the hallway outside our room and we could not call the desk to report it nor could we contact the other person traveling with us in the room next door to see if she was OK. All in all we were extremely disappointed with the condition of this hotel.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
It was good I will be staying there again.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2014
"Fit needs perfectly"
Fit needs perfectly, price, cleanliness, location.
2 night trip Jan 30, 2014
Gabby
"Garbage place."
It was disgusting. The toilet was rotting. No hot water. No heat.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
"Better Than I Expected"
I was in town for business with a buddy and the location was convenient. The hotel was better than we expected. It was very clean and well kept and the room was spacious (although the bathroom door wouldn't stay open without propping a trash can against it). The area was kind of dreary but it seemed safe. There was only one restaurant (a pub) within easy walking distance but it wasn't bad and we got to watch the NFC Championship game on the big screen. Overall, a pretty good experience.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
Glen
"Looks better than it was."
Bed was wore out. Shower drain backed up and stuff coming out of it into the tub. Train going by at night was a bit loud but not often.
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
chinese buffet outside. 7 bucks all you can eat for lunch!! niceeeee...
1 night trip Jan 17, 2014
shailen
"Typical La Quinta next to Sushi restaurant"
Although the hotel was in a quiet corner of the city, having a restaurant next door so I didn't have to go out on a snowy night. Lobby rug could have been vacuumed a little more often.
1 night trip Jan 14, 2014
"Sucky location"
Good hotel, I would return, but the hotels location is def a turn off.
3 night business trip Dec 12, 2013
No problems.
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
"Hotel rooms were outdated and dirty."
Hotel was very outdated, dirty and didn't conpare to other LaQuinta hotels. The fridge didn't work and had a bad odor and there weren't any room darkening drapes so our sleep was interrupted earlier than we planned on on waking up. The staff was very nice, but not too accommodating.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"convenient location for my trip"
My wife and I could not sleep all night because the heating systems kept going on every minutes and only stayed on for a few seconds at a time before going off and it made a lot of noise each time it went on. So not only was it noisy but also cold in the room. Since we were unpacked and ready for bed we did not ask for a different room but should have. Also the refrigerator did not seem to work and I would have used it to store some medication if it did. However, since the room was so cold, I didn't need it.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013