All hotels in New Britain, Connecticut, United States of America
65 Columbus Blvd, New Britain, CT, 06051, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

• Value
    Good internet service
    Location is ok
    Room is all right
    Bad breakfast
"Basic Needs"
I was there for 2 days for the American basketball tourney. - Relatively close to the XL Center (10-15 minute drive). - Free WIFI access - Nice continental breakfast (with waffle iron) - Basic 2-3 star hotel...when you just need somewhere to lay your head for a day or two and not in need of anything fancy. - Some police activity while I was there....unruly guest but they handled it professionally and w/o much disturbance. Made you wonder about the safety of the hotel though as I did have my 10 year old with me. Overall, I would stay again when all I need is the basics.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Acommodations"
Over all the hotel was fine no problems I am just use to have a microwave and a refrigerator in my room having to go all the way down stairs is pain.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Elbert
"family vacation"
the place was nice and easy off the exit for the price we pay I will stay there again
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Wanda
Very comfortable, and relaxing room. Walls are a little thin. Besides that the room was great. Super clean. The bed was extremely soft. Room service was efficient. It smelled great. I will definitely be back soon. Great rates!!!
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Unexpected turnout"
I Travel a lot and stay at many well known hotels. With this recent trip I had to book fast and this place was the only one close to my venue. The lobby wases welcoming, the staff was very friendly and courteous. When I walked into my room I was not expecting a beautiful modern room. The mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine was a perk. And on top of it all they offer free breakfast. I will look for La Quinta I'm my future travels.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
atwestny
Overall it is a good stay. Two things that I do not like. One thing is that the key stopped working each time that I return to my room after work. I had to go get it re keyed each day. The other thing is that the wall mounted AC unit makes a big noise when running.
5 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
"Getaway for the weekend"
The area is not the best; but, the hotel is very quiet. It's best for a couple looking for a silent night away with no distractions.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"NOT impressed!"
service from employees was good, but the hotel itself didn't seem in very good condition. the no smoking room smelled strongly of cigarettes and had burn holes in the bedding. The air-conditioning was struggling to keep the room cool enough even though it was the middle of winter. very few people actually at the hotel but they put everyone on the same floor and there were people running up and down the halls and making a lot of noise all night. Close to down town but down town was in bad shape, lots of run down and abandoned buildings. the continental breakfast was awful! no cups, the little bit of bread and bagels offered were beyond stale, not even worth walking into the room. In general one of the worst hotels i have stayed at in a while.
7 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
william
"My quiet stay"
The hallway and/or floor was extremely quite; which you could say this is a plus. But, I felt as if when entering, the staff was not too thrilled. The uniform was just a shirt and a pair of jeans; not that I have against such. I guess you could say I'm someone who acclimated to seeing the staff in uniform. In the morning, when attempting to checkout, there was no one at the counter. I attempted to ask the security guard on staff and he seemed as if he did not want to be bothered. The neighborhood isn't not the greatest; however, it is very clean. The breakfast area should be better monitored because the floor was full of crumbs.
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
"Met Everyone's Needs"
It had the amenities that we needed for our stay. It was comfortable, clean, and affordable. The beds were comfy, the tv was big enough, and the bathroom was great! Would come back again.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Nice experience"
Nice hotel for 2-3 night stay. Didnt like the fact that there was no coffee available at the front desk.
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Luis
"Pet Friendly"
The staff was very friendly. Glad I was able to bring my dog on this trip. La Quinta made this possible.
1 night business trip Dec 22, 2014
Giselle
"Sufficient"
The hotel was fine for a local visit. The location in downtown was good, except the local streets are confusing. I wish the hotel had a map of the local area. It would have saved some driving in circles.
1 night trip Dec 9, 2014
Jonathan
"Overall nice experience"
I was happily surprised. I was put on the 1st floor, my room was huge; double queen size beds and clean. I will definitely be going back. I paid $80 including taxes. It was well worth my money. The continental breakfast was ok... But I'm a coffee drinker and the coffee was good so I was good! Free wifi!!!
1 night family trip Nov 30, 2014
"beautiful disaster"
Front desk staff was a pleasure.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
ingrid
"clean room, good price"
The room was clean and staff was friendly. The tv in the room was weird, many stations were blacked out.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Hotel is going downhill"
Had to change original room because toilet didn't flush well. Second room had no heat and maintenance had to come to fix it. Also toilet didn't flush well and beds sagged in middle. There were no soap dishes in bathroom.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Sue
"Excellent value for the money."
Large, comfortable room. Very clean; helpful staff. Everything worked. Breakfast was mediocre; but that was expected. Coffee was terrible. Overall excellent value for the money.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
Room was spacious and clean. Will stay there again.
"Get what you pay for"
I read the reviews before my stay. It was just going to be a stopping point where we could sleep and keep going. For the price, I thought it was very comfortable. The room appeared clean enough, there was a free breakfast, and the front desk staff was pretty friendly. One elevator was a bit slow and I couldn't shake the fear that it might just get stuck. If I wasn't having knee problems I would definitely have taken the stairs! I wasn't too concerned about the neighborhood, but I could see how some people would be. If I had to come through the area again I would probably look for another place to stay. However if there is nothing that comes close to that price, I would definitely stay there again.
very pleased, price was right, hotel was clean, efficient, young woman at front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Certainly would go back again
"Beautiful Room"
Staff was great and funny.Room was clean.Continental breakfast was much better than I expected.
Milly
"One night Stay in November"
It's a great room for the price if you only need to stay a couple nights.
"Nice hotel, close to hartford, would stay again."
Had a nice time. Room was clean, staff friendly. Missing a pool or I'd give 4.5 stars.
"good time"
We had a nice time.The hotel was clean and the staf friendly.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
MAYRA
"Not fancy"
Easy registration, clean simple room with a very comfortable bed and decent bathroom. Breakfast included and satisfactory. Room lighting weak
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
abraham
"A reasonably priced hotel near Hartford."
This hotel in downtown New Britain offers reasonably priced rooms and is located several miles east of I-84 southwest of Hartford and about a mile east of the New Britain Museum of American Art, a major draw. Room rates include breakfast, which you make yourself using a variety of ingredients (including batter for waffles) in the hotel's breakfast room. The staff was eager to please and furnished computer generated driving directions to restaurants and places of interest. This is helpful because the road / highway network near the hotel is confusing and even the streets are not on a traditional grid pattern. My room was comfortable and had its own thermostat. The interior decor in the hotel lobby and especially the corridors off the bedrooms lacks imagination and could use a makeover. Parking is ample, but there is almost no landscaping around the hotel. Overall, the hotel, while far from luxurious, provides acceptable accommodations at reasonable rates.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Richmond boy
"not great"
Had I known where this hotel was situated I wouldn't have booked it. It's in a "not so beautiful" end of town. The parking was horrible. Had to park by restaurant next to fence by overpass. Very dimly lit on that side. Lobby was old and smelled musty. Trash receptacle was over full on our floor when we arrived and exactly the same when we left. The woman at the front desk when we checked out was nice though.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
Very clean. Friendly service. The continental breakfast was adequate. The only real complaint is the neighborhood is a bit sketchy. There was a strong police presence in the area which made us feel better but nevertheless we made sure all of our valuable were out of the car at night. Would stay again, though. All in all, for a couple of days of visiting family, it was great.
2 night trip Oct 8, 2014
Libchick
It was fine
1 night trip Oct 14, 2014
"Clean and Comfortable"
Stayed one night to watch USA Soccer. Very clean and staff was friendly. Only complaints was during breakfast everytime I went for a glass of juice the machine was out. Overall a good experience though.
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Ken
"Disgusting and dirty place to stay!"
I have never stayed in such a disgusting hotel in my life. I made my reservation online 2 weeks prior to my arrival for 2 queen bed and NON SMOKING room. Day of my arrival I waited 20 minutes at the front desk to check in, this is unacceptable! At check in I was told that there was only one room available and was a SMOKING room. The room was dirty and stinky! I felt like puking all night! The bed was hard as a rock and pillows were flat. I am very disappointed with the hotel and staff.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Not again"
The usual hotel chains I stay at we're all booked for the time frame needed so I stayed at La Quinta Inn for the first time. The national commercials helped in making that decision. Most of this review will be negative but I will start out by saying the staff that I had interaction with was wonderful. They were very nice and helpful. The room was not very clean. We stayed for 5 days and not once was our beds changed (notecard in room says linens automatically changed on the third day), beds were not even tightened up for us, floor was never vacuumed while we were there (trying to keep the three year old off the floor was a hopeless cause), one day housekeeping never did our room so no clean towels or empty trash cans (front desk said I must have had my DND notice on my door but I didn't), and upon our arrival before anyone used the bathroom I had to use some kleenexs to wipe the floor from hairs that were left behind from the last guests. And the heater in the room.... Oh my gosh! Every time it kicked on it was as if a Cessna plane was ramping up for take off in our room. There was no sleeping through it. I will not stay at that specific hotel again. If necessary I may try a La Quinta again but will look at the room and turn on the heater before we even take the bags out of the truck!
5 night trip Oct 8, 2014
"Su"
As I walked in the weird SMELL hit me, that just threw me off, I even mentioned that at the reception, the hotel could use some kind of freshening product at all time. As a customer these are the thing I look forward at the hotel, first impression was not good. I had seen this in the past reviews and I do not know why the hotel does not take care of this problem. But the rooms were clean and spacious, no complaint. The breakfast not up to the par. The neighbourhood a ghetto. overall I would not go back to that particular hotel, also when I got there the front staff was not friendly at all.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Subashini
"Nice and cheap"
Very comfortable
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
Catherine
"closest to la fitness"
played golf every day, went to la fitness, had class reunion in Glastonbury.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Very clean!"
The hotel and room were very clean and comfortable. My only negative is that there was not tea offered in the morning only juice and coffee.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Lynn S.
Super friendly, attentive and very helpful staff! The front desk offered assistance to our room and found directions for us as well as gave local restaurant advice with a smile :) The only things missing from the room were microwave and mini fridge but luckily we had a cooler from our long drive and the ice machines were clean and free...also very convenient having a single brew coffee machine in the room :) Crisp, white, clean bedding and towels, comfy king sized mattress and toiletries ontop of clean carpets and bathrooms both in our room and throught the hotel brightened our stay :) The iron, ironing board, wooden hangers, alarm clock, personal adjustable thermostat and individual heating/air conditioning unit annd free site wide wi-fi were bonuses ontop of cable flat screen tv with various ports (to play mp3 movies etc)...a great night away. ..area a little confusing to maneuver by car and a little industrial
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Easy access. good stopover to Vermont from Norfolk"
Comfortable, clean, nice attending receptionist. Close to 24 hr diner.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
shirley cr
"LA Quinta Hotel in New Britain.."
I had a nice stay along with great breakfast..
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Patsy
"plain hotel."
Great food next door. If u like sushi.
5 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
don
The area is a bit rough, however the hotel did have a security guard on duty at night - confirming our conclusion about the area being rough. I was there with my husband, but may not have felt totally at ease on my own. The bathroom and hallways smelled of smoke and in fact my pajamas acquired the smell after just one night in the room. Other than that hotel was clean and staff was great.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
AM
"Family Reunion"
The room was nice and clean. Great price and the continental breakfast was not bad at all. It was close enough for us to attend our family reuinion.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
MIgdalia
"Just okay"
My stay was okay and room clean enough. The desk staff were not friendly, with the exception of the guy who checked me in. When I called the front desk to let them know I was checking out, they didn't say thank you or anything. Just hung up. Very rude.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"Vacation"
It was an ok visit. Some of the staff were not very friendly and uniforms were not consistent.
7 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Roi
"Pleasant stay."
We were very happy with our stay. The staff was very accomidating. The only disappointment was not very much selection in restaurants.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Marion
"GOOD STOPOVER"
GREAT PLACE TO STOP ON OUR WAY TO WASHINGTON DC
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
PREZ
"Close drive to lake compounce"
We requested a non-smoking room and we got a smoking room. We asked hotel staff to change it but he reported he was unable to. we stayed with our three kids one with asthma and the smell ruined our experience and made us uncomfortable. In addition there were smells of smoke in the hallway of both marijuana smoking and cigarette smoke. The room was cleaned. The rate was affordable.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Sandy
Very courteous and friendly staff!
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
BG
"Convenient for a day or two"
The hotel is conveniently located near the freeway, and is reasonably priced. If you want to stay for a night or two this is a good place. The staff was nice and cordial, and the continental breakfast was decent. The cons: the carpets in the hallways and the room smelled bad. My stay was two night, but the cleaning staff did not replace linen nor provide toiletries for the second day.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014