All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
205 E 45th St, New York, NY, 10017, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Could be much better..."
Had to change rooms because the fridge was broken. there was a complete failure of customer service related to the room change and the need to get ice so that food would not spoil. They are also very short staffed at times.
3 night trip Dec 26, 2014
"Good hotel a little out of the way"
Wydham definetely has the potential to be rated a four star hotel even though it is several blocks off fifth avenue. Improvement is needed in entrance/lobby area and some of the furnishings in the rooms.overall hotel was clean and comfortable and had all the comforts needed especially for our overnight stay
kim
"Dirty room"
Good location. Filthy room. Sofa and carpeting made you want to leave the second you walked into the room. Felt cheap
"Best. By far in ny"
Like angels were in hotel. Fantastic all the way arond!
paul
"Great Stay."
Perfect. Within walking distance of Rockefeller Center and Times Square. Room had a beautiful view. Thoroughly enjoyable stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Tired, Dated, Worn out."
Excellent location. Everything else is way below standards. Staff is clueless; had to ask daily for soap. Restaurant is closed, but was not notified of this upon booking. No lounge. No anything. Furniture is very, very worn. Other than the location, this is no where near a four-star property!
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
R
"OK for New York, Small Room, No hotel lobby"
Just a quick night in New York. The hotel was clean and adequate. However there is no hotel lobby to lounge in (as in, read the news while my wife is still asleep), and no coffee area. Nice for just a place to sleep.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"wynham a five star hotel"
five stars in every way from the magnificent way you are greeted and taken care of at the front desk and in every other manner
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
Stephen J.
"12/16/14"
The room was fantastic, but it was so hot! We even turned off the heat and felt like it got hotter. The service is ok. Don't plan on an early check-in. They are also really pushy trying to get you to buy a time share. Other than that, fantastic trip. Close to everything!
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
"Great Price Good Location"
very satisfied with this hotel choice - room was clean & comfortable
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Big Disappointment"
I arrived early at the hotel and requested for a possible early check-in. They said no, sir! Check-in time is at 4:00 pm. Then, i asked if i could pay extra since i had a long 22 hrs flight to enable me to rest. the answer was again NO. they told me to leave my e-mail and phone number and that they could call me when the room is ready. There was no call, no notification! I asked for a place where i could rest at the lobby, they said sorry that is the only space since there is renovation. The space at the lobby level could sit not more than 10-20 people which was already packed. So i left my bag and left the hotel. I came back to hotel at 4:00 pm and was shocked to see the number of people waiting for check-in. I waited for another 45 minutes to be able to get my room key. When i had my key, i was told that the check out time is at 10:00 pm latest which was like a bad joke! The room was ok although the furniture is very tired. I had a comfortable bed and good lighting in the room. Later in the evening when i returned back to the hotel after dinner, after some negotiations, they agreed for a late check-out which was at 12:00, but then the next day after 10:00 am, i had three-four times, hotel staff knocking my door despite i had a 'do not disturb" sign hanging at my door and had to explain that i could stay until 12:00
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Yashar
"Girls night out"
Perfect location and the staff were very kind. Lounge on 33rd floor is super comfortable and has amazing views.
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
"Huge room for NYC!"
Fantastic BIG room for New York! The only downside was that the check-in on Friday afternoon had a line almost out the door with a 20-30 minute wait. That being said, the room was great.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Nice hotel with good location but..."
The hotel was nice but we stayed in a room that had a mini kitchen in it. For a longer stay that might be nice but for an overnight it wasn't something we needed and it made the room layout a bit clunky. Convenient location to all mid-town has to offer, staff was very friendly.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Local Tourist
Great hotel, worth the price. Only con would be check in was 4:00 and checkout 10:00 am no exceptions.
1 night trip Dec 10, 2014
"A+"
Staff was wonderful. Had the king suite. Room was wonderful. Great location to get anywhere in the city. Walking distance from Rockefeller Center and Times Square. Quiet at night. View from hotel was great, requested highest room possible and they put me on 32nd floor. Overall amazing stay.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Staff are very helpful. The check in and out time are very poorly. Many hotels that I use to stay in Manhattan. The check in and out are much butter.....
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Benz
Not a great experience. Requested King they placed me in double room with damaged furniture and items in need of repair. They did switch me to a Kong room was not up to par also. Scratches on the television. Tub was was not clean and very rusty. Room was in need of touch ups and repairs also. Check out was 10am not 11am as listed. Only positive was the location and the bellman who assisted me on checkout day.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Don't stay here"
We rejected the first room we were offered. It was a dump rug and furnishings were grimy and extremely worn, there was a hole in the wall where a light fixture had been removed, other fixtures did not work, the safe did not work. The second room was better but the furniture and carpet were worn and grimy. Hotels.com rated this hotel4 out of 5 stars - no way!
8 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"Wonderful hotel"
For my First time in NYC I am so glad I stayed here it was a wonderful experience and will stay again in the future!!!!!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Debra
"Nice staff, good hood, extremely uncomfortable roo"
Not again
2 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
Harry
"4 star - certainly NOT"
Rated 4 star, really truly do not know how this is a 4 star hotel Rooms not only dated, all broken furniture, lights not working, bed so uncomfortable could not sleep, along with flat pillows, rooms felt creepy. Personel on front desk polite, but not doing there jobs, when asked to change rooms, kept waiting for 2 hours. Will never consider staying there again. Definitely not worth the price of 200+ a night.
2 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Good location to Times Square. Nothing special about hotel but is clean and comfortable.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Just like a tired and worn college dorm room"
This hotel was in great need of a make-over. Old furniture, ratty carpet, minimalist rooms (pretend you are staying in your college childs dorm room with used furniture), NO services (they didn't even have a bottle of water or coffee available in the morning--I mean, we weren't asking for it for free--they just literally didn't have any in the hotel!!)-- not a bad price, but I would never stay here again. What a shame as its in such a fantastic area of the city. I stayed here when it was the Alex hotel and had a far different experience.
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
It was nice - great location - staff was friendly and knowledgable. I wish the mirror in the bathroom was bigger.
"Convenient location, thin walls"
Location is great - easy walk to the subway and all the sights in Midtown. Nice big pub next door. There wasn't enough front desk staff to handle new arrivals - it was a 20 minute wait to get checked in. Room was large and the bed was very comfortable. The TV in the bathroom didn't work - not a problem for me but I suppose it could be an annoyance to some people who like to spend a lot of time in there. There was no street noise on the 5th floor, which was nice. The walls, however, were extremely thin. I could hear every word being said next door. Not great for sleeping, especially with neighbors coming and going throughout the night.
Crash
The one bedroom King Suite was spacious and enjoyable. Having a full kitchen made formalizing meals from late night deliveries quite convenient.
veronica
"Escape to NYC"
The hotel lobby is as other reviewers have stated very modest, but this doesn't take away from the experience. We stayed in a one bedroom King Suite. It was perfect for our needs. The kitchen was european styled and fully functional.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
veronica
"Great stay in East Midtown."
Was in town for business and was pleasantly surprised. Great service and the room was very comfortable. Plus the location was fantastic for where my client's office is. Would definitely recommend for business.
2 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Gregory
The hotel is undergoing renovation. We were not aware of this while booking. Very unimpressive lobby, hotel. Very dim and dark rooms. Sofas very dirty in room. Rooms stuffy. Would not go back or recommend to anyone. Room price quite expensive given all the reasons above.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"Would definitely return"
Nice place. Very classy designed rooms. Convenient to office also.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
Alexander
"Mediocre"
Mediocre stay. Stayed in Wyndhams before and this was not the best. Location is not that great, and the room was very basic and run down for a suite.
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
Room was small but clean and adequate. Decor is a bit tired but it is okay. Faucet handle in the bathtub had fallen off. I put it back on. One of the electrical outlets didn't work. One of the lamps didn't work. Rooms need better lighting.
Other trip Nov 7, 2014
"Well located hotel, badly managed"
We stayed in a suite that was spacious enough, with a kitchen, living room with dining area and a bedroom with a king size bed. The staff was friendly and everything would have been fine but... There was no hand soap. There was a coffee maker but no coffee or filters. No cups. We tried to call house keeping but the phone didn't work... The bath room fixtures are horrible; it takes Olympic strength to flush the toilet and two people to get the shower going. The nice bar downstairs closed for good our second night there. Flatscreen TV but no chart with stations.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
gunilla
"Disappointed!!"
Room was noisy. Could hear other room through ac vent. Bathroom was set up for handicap. You could not take a normal shower. It was an inside room with no window view except a dumpster and construction.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
D
"Good sized rooms"
Overall a good business hotel. It would be nice to have a fridge in the room, however the water pressure in the showers is the best I've yet to see in New York
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Ahmet Tulpar
"Central location, feels you stay home"
They upgrade me from a a double to a small suite which has great comfort like 3 TV including one in the bathroom. Living room has a kitchen corner fully equipped.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Roberto
"Ok stay..."
The shower was brutal. Looked to be designed for handicapped, but the force of the water was too much and you couldn't control it. Also, doors to closet were broken and would not close.
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
It was awesome and in a great location! Staff was very friendly! Check in and check out was very smooth and the hotel seemed updated.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Danielle
"Worst hotel stay EVER!"
The GOOD: None The BAD: The bed was horrifically old and uncomfortable, there was no fitted sheet on the bed, the room did not have a clock, I'd write more but I just had shoulder surgery. Trust me spend a little more and stay at a better hotel. This place is converting from a hotel to a timeshare unit.
2 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"Nice hotel, safe & quite"
Registration & check out was fast & efficient, room was nice.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Nel
"Close to Grand Central Station, restaurants & bars"
I spent 5 days and it was very comfortable. It wasn't until l was almost checked out that I found out they had wifi, it would have been nice if the reception staff had advised this upon check-in. Also missed the in room tea/coffee facility, when I mentioned this at reception they said they could have accommodated that. I didn't think to ask as I mistakenly thought as it was not in the room to start with then it was not available. Next time, I will definitely ask.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Elaine
"Close to grand central station"
Our room was upgraded for they do not have room with bed size that we reserved . Checking in was at 4 PM but can check in luggage early. Hotel staff brought our luggage to our room once we checked in.Room is clean except they need to vacuum carpet and floor better.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
josie
"Very poor treatment"
Arrived at the hotel after a cross-country flight, only to be told that our reservation was cancelled. The front desk person blamed it on Hotels.com, and said they sent us a letter informing us of the cancellation, which was TOTALLY not true. Hotels.com ended up negotiating another hotel room 4 blocks away...all this at 10pm. DON'T BOTHER making a reservation here -- you may find your self in the same situation.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Printer"
Printer in lobby not working. Staff very helpful & polite.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
Maria Scalzo
"Very near to what's happening."
Bathroom was terrible or seems like blood was on the face basen ,toilet was cracked ,tile was had water mark ,towel hanger was loose ,black spots on tile.
Response by Wyndham Midtown 45 at New York City
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed the property location and unit amenities. We hope you come back to stay with us.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
LAB
"Close to my preferred area"
Comfortable
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Nice but dated Hotel"
Well they upgraded us to a suite so I was happy. The hotel is comfortable but a little old. The furniture and decorations need to be upgraded for the high price they charge. Location is good close to everything in Midtown Manhattan
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Sam
Staff were terrible, room was not complete booked a room with a king sized bed and a pull out sofa got a room with no sofa and a queen bed they continued to claim was a king bed. Had to ask for extra towels 3 times and didn't get any until I went to the towel room and grabbed them myself. They never contacted me about my concerns very terrible staff I believe their racist.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"This hotel is serviced apartment type and is basic"
The overall cleanliness was OK but the standard of service was very poor as only two people were available on reception working shifts.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014