All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here205 E 45th St, New York, NY, 10017, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Disappointed!!"
Room was noisy. Could hear other room through ac vent. Bathroom was set up for handicap. You could not take a normal shower. It was an inside room with no window view except a dumpster and construction.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
D
"Good sized rooms"
Overall a good business hotel. It would be nice to have a fridge in the room, however the water pressure in the showers is the best I've yet to see in New York
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Ahmet Tulpar
"Central location, feels you stay home"
They upgrade me from a a double to a small suite which has great comfort like 3 TV including one in the bathroom. Living room has a kitchen corner fully equipped.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Roberto
"Ok stay..."
The shower was brutal. Looked to be designed for handicapped, but the force of the water was too much and you couldn't control it. Also, doors to closet were broken and would not close.
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
It was awesome and in a great location! Staff was very friendly! Check in and check out was very smooth and the hotel seemed updated.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Danielle
"Worst hotel stay EVER!"
The GOOD: None The BAD: The bed was horrifically old and uncomfortable, there was no fitted sheet on the bed, the room did not have a clock, I'd write more but I just had shoulder surgery. Trust me spend a little more and stay at a better hotel. This place is converting from a hotel to a timeshare unit.
2 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"Nice hotel, safe & quite"
Registration & check out was fast & efficient, room was nice.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Nel
"Close to Grand Central Station, restaurants & bars"
I spent 5 days and it was very comfortable. It wasn't until l was almost checked out that I found out they had wifi, it would have been nice if the reception staff had advised this upon check-in. Also missed the in room tea/coffee facility, when I mentioned this at reception they said they could have accommodated that. I didn't think to ask as I mistakenly thought as it was not in the room to start with then it was not available. Next time, I will definitely ask.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Elaine
"Close to grand central station"
Our room was upgraded for they do not have room with bed size that we reserved . Checking in was at 4 PM but can check in luggage early. Hotel staff brought our luggage to our room once we checked in.Room is clean except they need to vacuum carpet and floor better.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
josie
"Very poor treatment"
Arrived at the hotel after a cross-country flight, only to be told that our reservation was cancelled. The front desk person blamed it on Hotels.com, and said they sent us a letter informing us of the cancellation, which was TOTALLY not true. Hotels.com ended up negotiating another hotel room 4 blocks away...all this at 10pm. DON'T BOTHER making a reservation here -- you may find your self in the same situation.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Printer"
Printer in lobby not working. Staff very helpful & polite.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
Maria Scalzo
"Very near to what's happening."
Bathroom was terrible or seems like blood was on the face basen ,toilet was cracked ,tile was had water mark ,towel hanger was loose ,black spots on tile.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
LAB
"Close to my preferred area"
Comfortable
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Nice but dated Hotel"
Well they upgraded us to a suite so I was happy. The hotel is comfortable but a little old. The furniture and decorations need to be upgraded for the high price they charge. Location is good close to everything in Midtown Manhattan
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Sam
Staff were terrible, room was not complete booked a room with a king sized bed and a pull out sofa got a room with no sofa and a queen bed they continued to claim was a king bed. Had to ask for extra towels 3 times and didn't get any until I went to the towel room and grabbed them myself. They never contacted me about my concerns very terrible staff I believe their racist.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"This hotel is serviced apartment type and is basic"
The overall cleanliness was OK but the standard of service was very poor as only two people were available on reception working shifts.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
The rooms were very clean and neat, good space and friendly staff.
2 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
"Great business hotel"
I would stay again
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"really decent place. nice staff."
Good times. good hotel for the price. clean. they neglected to stock it with shampoos etc. didn't inform on site that the street had construction and we had to do tricks to get in front of the building. rates were good. Friendly and helpful staff. Truly nice staff. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
KD
"Good Location to major sights"
It was a last minute booking. Hotels.com agent said there was pull out sofa in our king size room - there was NOT! Hotel was out of roll aways. My kids had to sleep on tiny sofas pushed together. Also, hotel did not have any more linens because linen company had not arrived yet (as of 11:00pm). They slept cold. :( Probably won't stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Brandi
"Business Trip"
The room was fine. The TV would only get limited channels because they were working on the cable. When I got to the hotel I waited more than 45 minutes for a room. They comp'd me a drink for the wait, but it was not a good experience.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2014
"Clean hotel with good location"
The hotel was conveniently located near Grand Central. While the room was clean, it wasn't extremely comfortable. The bed and pillows lacked the "fluff" I typically associate with hotels. It should also be mentioned that the shower and toilet were highly difficult to operate. It took the strength of both hands to flush the toilet (a button on the wall), and we had to contact the front desk twice for instructions on how to turn the shower on. Aside from that, we had a great stay. Check in was rather late (4pm), but they had no problem holding our bags until then.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Rebecca
"Missed opportunities"
Nice facility but they overbooked my first night so I was placed in a tiny room and offered no reduction or offset as I had prepaid on Hotels.com. The manager I talked to the next day was Outstanding but unfortunately he was the only one worth recognizing.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
WONDERFUL! I would recommend it highly!!
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Comfortable stay"
This was a great stay for the price. A little bit of a walk from subway stops, but not too bad. The room was large, quiet, comfortable and temperature control was excellent. Neighborhood has many great restaurants and bars. The lobby area is very small, so the staff can be a bit harried at check in and check out times, but everyone was always nice and polite to me. The gentleman that covered the bar area in the morning and early afternoon is wonderful! His name is Ozzie, so stop by, grab breakfast or a drink and say hi.
2 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2014
Decent hotel - room furnishings were outdated and worn.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Good Location but Rooms were not that good"
The rooms were good look wise but out shower and TV were not working the first day. There was no microwave or coffee maker or fridge in the room. I was disappointed. Didn't get the services for the money I paid!
2 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2014
RJ
"nothing to say good about this place"
I was very displeased with my stay at this hotel, my room was old and and the beds were the worst, not to mention I didnt have a working shower, ad to wash up in the sink, If I wanted to stay at the bates hotel, I WOULD HAVE. The parking is 50 dollars, and dont eat at the place, the food was no good. I will never stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
robin
"Very Unpleasant Experience"
Let me start by saying that I have stayed at this hotel several times when it was The Alex and always had a great experience. My most recent experience however, was all around terrible. To start there was no one to assist me with my bags and for a hotel this price, I expect a little more. The room was disgusting and smelled like smoke. There was even food left on the furniture from the previous guest. I had a wonderful view of AC units on the roof, which was funny considering my AC basically never worked. Also, my TV never worked even after they supposedly fixed it. Needless to say, I will never be back.
5 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
"The hotel was nice for the year 1965. Very old"
Hotel needs updates badly. Broken furniture. Stains in the leather sofas. The sweet we thought we ordered turned out to be sour.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Mr. Moore
"THIS HOTEL AS SECOND OPTION"
TRY TO GO TO ANOTHER HOTEL, THIS IS OK AS A SECOND OPTION, SPECIAL OFFER ONLY, FOR THE PRICE YOU CAN GET MUCH BETTER IN MANHATTAN, TRY OTHER BRANDS.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Alfonso
"Adequate"
Check in clerk while not unpleasant, could certainly have been friendlier. No lobby to speak of, which doesn't really say welcome or make you feel comfortable. Room was a bit worn, but ok. Shower handle loose and awkward. Bed not as comfortable as described. Thermostat could not be adjusted other than to turn it off. Did allow a late check out. Overall rating -adequate.
1 night business trip May 26, 2014
"Perfect hotel in midtown"
Very clean, very close to everything in manhattan. Service was friendly and the price was very reasonable for what you get in return. Excellent hotel
Other trip May 29, 2014
andrew
"wyndham"
good, small lobby and check in, need better shampoos
Other trip May 28, 2014
lia
"close to all must-see in midtown"
The location is great, 2 blocks from United Nations. Garage parking is cross the street. Many restaurant around the hotel. Close to Grand Central metro station. Ideal location for visiting midtown. The front desk is nice. The hotel is clean. Couple of lamps not working but it is fine without them.
1 night family trip May 25, 2014
Yibin
"Just perfect"
Located in the very center of the city very nice hotel. So good for expedia's VIP excess.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Grigory
"Won't be back"
My first room was around the corner from the wifi router and, as the building engineer explained, the signal wasn't strong enough to reach my room. (In addition, the instruction card showing how to connect to the wifi covered the old system, not the one currently available.) The signal in the second room was better. However, there were no working lights in the bedroom -- both lights were disconnected and one of them had no bulb. Also, I found the bedroom door propped open with a wad of paper jammed under it; otherwise, the door would remain closed. Finally, all of the furniture - bed, sofa, etc. - was about 18 inches off the ground. I'm of above-average height and found it uncomfortable. But there was nothing wrong with the furniture. The hotel clerk was very nice -- he moved me from a regular room to a suite -- and apologetic. The engineer was very helpful and responsive. But I think Wyndham should take a look at these issues.
Other trip May 8, 2014
Day staff at the hotel was rude and unaccommodating. Restaurant staff was rude. Lobby was very small.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Close to everything, but far enough from crowds"
Was in the city for the weekend. I've stayed here before. Great location and great rates. The rooms are spacious and modern. It also helps that the woman at the counter could be a model.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Will
"AWful"
It was the worst stay in N.y I've ever had. I had paid almost $400.00 and my kid had to sleep on the floor because they gave my room to someone else. They tried to blame on the company who booked the reservation. We checked with them and they confirmed to us that they gave our room to someone else because we had checked in later that evening. Awful!!!!!
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Unhappy customer
"Weekend Stay"
After checking in we became stuck in the elevator while going to our room. The elevators seem to be dated and are very slow. We also had difficulty getting taxi service I believe because of the location of the hotel. Our suite was very nice and comfortable.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2014
"E Side Hotel"
Totally convenient to Grand Central area & extremely reasonable. Loved the lime water in the lobby.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"Rundown"
The hotel was pretty rundown, the lobby was dirty and there were no towels in my room. I'm sure the lack of towels was just an oversight and front desk apologized profusely. That was a one-time problem easily fixed--but the place isn't going to suddenly become bright and shiny.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"Fair"
Overall, a "C". Wouldn't likely return.
2 night business trip Mar 25, 2014
"Clean, friendly, convenient and a great value"
Went for a spontaneous long weekend with my mother and we were both impressed with the outstanding service by the staff. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. The room was tidy and very, very clean, even though the furniture and carpet is starting to show some wear. Not sure what the benefit of a flat screen tv in the bathroom was, but an amusing amenity nonetheless. Will definitely be staying there again in the future and highly recommend it!
3 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Mandy
"Nice quiet gem near grand central"
Love this hotel. It's very conveniently located and small. Used to be called the Alex hotel with a 4 diamond rating. I love that there's a kitchenette in each room and they are fully equipped. I actually tried making a meal in my room and the appliances work to my expectations. The hotel staff are very accommodating to late check out requests, lost and found etc. I stay here about 4 times a year. Very recommendable.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Beautiful View, Comfortable settings"
Checking in around 6, We were first politely asked by the Front Desk Attendant if we would be willing to relocated for a room at the Fitzgerald (also not a bad hotel) with a full refund. Tempting as that sounded I had picked this Hotel for a reason. After explain such to him (not to mention the fact we had to walk all the way from w42nd street), we were actually upgraded to a suite for no extra charge. The View in the room I had originally picked had seemed beautiful from the pictures, but the suite had a marvelous view of the Hudson on one side and the rest of NYC on the other. The room had a full kitchen and was spacious and cozy, warm and comforting. I will def be staying again and would recommend it to any friend.
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2014
Rob
elevators did not work all the time, which was a nuisance. Otherwise, very nice, comfortable, good location, clean and would stay there again if price was right.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"Great hotel & area ♡"
Hotel was wonderful staff was very kind and reliable. I went with a friend and we had an amazing time. The hotel was very centralized to everything needed. Close to grand central station which was great because everywhere we needed to go was accessible. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The room was spacious and very clean. I liked the fact that there was a radio and dvd/cd player with immense sound to play music with a flat screen tv. I could go on for days how great the experience was. I rate this a 8/10! :)
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
"Very clean."
Very clean, which is what is most important to me. Furniture and fixtures were a little worn out, but it was good enough. For example, cabinet doors that covered the TV and desk area did not close because they were broken. Style of décor was modern and neutral, which is nice and restful. I was attending a workshop right across the street at Momentum Education offices (228 E 45th St), so the location was super convenient.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014