All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Calle Costera Norte S/N Mz 7 Lt 1, Playa del Carmen, QROO, 77710, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice stay at the Reef Coco Beach Resort"
I only spent one night and the weather was cloudy, very windy and lots of seaweed. None of that I can attribute to the hotel. For some reason they upgraded me to an ocean front room for no additional cost? My room was very nice, and the view of the ocean is a lot of boats but I can also see that you could easily swim past the boats out to the small reef just off shore. I ate at the Italian ala carte restaraunt and had a chicken breast that was grilled and quite tasty. The breakfast and lunch buffets were good and better then some of the other all inclusives I have stayed at in playa. The snack bar had tasty small pizzas and the staff was very friendly and helpful all over the resort. The location was good as in 5 minutes you could be walking on 5th avenue. Will return.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2015
"Nice hotel for the price."
Do not sign up for the time share presentation. We did and then they claimed we lied about something (ridiculous) and tried to not give us the gift for attending. Put a damper on our first full day at the resort.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
lauren
"Quiet family friendly beachfront hotel."
We went for a relaxing winter break vacation. It was everything we needed. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The food is good and the menu varies.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Sue
"hotel close to the beach."
Overall good experience but keys for room did not work several times
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
juan
We stayed here for 5 nights for our honeymoon. Booked the all-inlcusive option and requested a king size bed with our reservation. When we arrived we were placed in a room w/2 double beds and facing what appeared to be the backside of the kitchen. Highly disappointing after a long day of travel. Were told they could place us on a list to move the next day and to check with the front desk. The next day we were moved to a king bed room on the other side of the hotel. Recommend asking for this at check-in before you get to your room. While our second room was an improvement, the beds at this hotel seem to be as hard as a rock. If that's your thing, you are in luck. The bathroom needed some serious cleaning, lot's of rust in the cracks and red ants crawling up the wall every morning. I get the bugs, it's Mexico and the tropics. The room just needs to be upgraded with better attention to detail and some TLC from management. There is a interesting smell(maybe mold) around the hotel, could be the seaweed piled up from the beach or something more technical in the building. The hotel highly improved upon the meeting of the pool staff - Alfonso and Julie. Awesome staff that are excited and willing to go the extra mile to make you feel at home. They were the highlight of our trip and highly encourage you to meet their smiling faces when you get there. We booked tickets to Coco Bongo from the hotel through them and it included transportation to and from the hotel which was awesome.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Shels
Staff was very friendly , drinks were wonderful, excellent food, great fast service. AS SOME EXPERIENCE! Will definitely do it again.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
ernie
"Nice hotel, beautiful pool area and nice beach,"
The hotel was very nice. the staff was excellent. The only thing I have to complain about is the room was too cold and if you turned the air conditioning off the room got to humid. They could do a better job in the buffet to keep the food hot enough so that it is good. And the variety could be better. The Mexican Restaurant that we had to pay extra for wasn't worth it. There food has very little flavor at all. If I would have known that the fresh salsa was so bland there was no taste what so ever. I had to had salt, pepper and fresh lime juice to make it acceptable to eat. The Italian restaurant was very good. Service in both restaurants and the buffet was good.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Lou
"Great deal for a reasonable price"
Overall, it was a good experience. The hotel was pretty quiet and relaxing. Staff was really helpful in letting you know what there was to do in the area. Everyone we encountered was very friendly. The beach was a bit underwhelming, but you could use the beaches from neighboring hotels if that's your thing. Pool was nice and clean. Always food and drinks so you never go hungry or thirsty. The rooms were clean - only issue was a minor one with the AC which was either Arctic cold or off, nothing in between. I also felt really safe and secure there. Overall it was a great deal for the price we paid. We'll definitely be back.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Carlos
"First experience at an all-inclusive was Ok."
This was my first experience at an all-inclusive. We are a couple in our mid-30s and the convenience and luxury of an all-inclusive appealed to us. I knew that I wanted to eat several meals in town and the cost of the resort was reasonable so I didn't feel like I was being too wasteful by not eating all of our meals at the buffet. The waiters, bartenders and bellboy were all very helpful and pleasant. I was a little disappointed to learn by looking at the resort's website that our "all inclusive" price didn't include top-shelf liquor, access to the Mexican or Italian restaurants and "top shelf bar" on site. This wasn't very obvious to me from reading the descriptions that there were upgrades that we'd have to pay extra for other than the Mexican restaurant. By day 2 I was pretty tired of Dos Equis and the white wine available was pretty bad. I think that our next trip we will go back to paying for a hotel and not doing an all-inclusive again. They seemed to be running out of specific drinks at different bars throughout our stay. The one morning that I wanted a mimosa with breakfast I was told that they had run out, but they had had them the day before.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Nice - right on the beach"
Stayed for one week. All we did was lay by the pool, read books and eat at the buffett
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Connie
"Nice hotel close to 5th St"
I was happy with the cleaniness of the room and the hotel. The food was okay. Service was lacking. We paid for a safe in our room and did not have one for 2 days because there were no locks available. We were without a TV for 2 days, went back on and then lost for another day. Tried for 3 days to get a coffee pot and finally gave up. We had a jacuzzi in our patio area. That went down and we were told it would be fixed that day. Did not happen.When calling for service would be told someone would be right up. No one came. We did get money back for the 2 days we were without a safe. The bars could have used another bartender. Lots of waiting for drinks. I would not stay here again because of the run around I was given on the services.
Pat
"Very nice hotel clean comfortable"
This are very nice Hotel. The beach is beautiful. There was no one selling or bothering you on the beach. The staff at the hotel was very nice and honest! Seriously one day I forgot to lock the safe with over a $1000.00 plus passports diamond jewelry and NOTHING WAS TOUCHED! A typical day there is 2 housekeeping people in the room and then later a man filling the mini bar. We were so happy and impressed that we found our hotel staff and tipped them well. We had room 2357 our friends were in the next room. The maid service was amazing they move all the furniture and get every last bit of sand out of out room. Clean sheets daily fresh towels.Cleaner than many US hotels I have stayed in. We could see the ocean and also the pool Most activities we held right below us. So if you were in your room it was noisy but hey its beautiful outside I enjoyed the white linen cabanas. I am one to burn easy so these where so nice. There are tons of lounger and umbrellas so I really loved laying around sipping my frozen drinks. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and Family
2Hagens
"Nice but be aware of what you are getting."
I will start by saying - great location, nice facilities and wonderful staff. Very willing to help. Very pleasant. Food was excellent and the service was excellent. Pool bar has GREAT margaritas. The negative, for me, was the music. It was constant and loud and really not what I was wanting in a beach vacation. For me, personally, the sound of the surf, the palm trees rustling, the gulls crying - those are all things I crave. If I want loud, pounding music with folks yelling into a microphone, I will stay at home and go to a bar. It was very distracting from the overall ambiance. There are some folks who really like that "party atmosphere", and if that is you, then this place really is perfect. If I would have known going in, I would have probably picked someplace a bit quieter.
kim
"Ok for what it is"
Coco Reef has its positives and negatives. For an all inclusive the food is pretty good although there are only 2 restaurants besides the buffet, one of which you have to pay $6 a person for if you don't have a premium package. The premium package gets you top shelf alcohol, access to that restaurant without the $6 charge and access to an additional bar. It didnt seem particular worth it given that when we walked by the premium bar it was empty. It seemed like they were trying to nickel and dime you given they even charge to use the safe in your room. They also gave us and the 2 other couples on our trip 2 double beds instead of the king bed we each booked which was frustrating. Once we got passed that initial disappointment and the off putting nickel and dining we were able to enjoy the trip. It's not the biggest resort which was fine for us. The staff is very friendly and the entertainment staff is a lot of fun. The resort didnt seem to be at full capacity but it was difficult at times to get a beach chair or pool chair. The resort is very close to fifth avenue so we were able to walk there without needing to take a cab. Overall if you're looking for an all inclusive place to just hang out and drink with pretty good food it's not a bad option. If you're looking for a place that's a little more romantic with more options of things to do or places to eat this one might not be for you.
Javier
"2 week vacation"
It is in the middle of being updated which is a good thing….We were offered an upgraded room for $55.00 per-night for our 2 weeks. NO. For that you get a remodeled room and an upgrade for alcohol and you can get into the “Mexican Restaurant” for free (save $6.00 per person). We had to pay $35.00 extra for a safe. There was no coffee, tea or microwave in the room. Coffee and maker was extra. There was 2 Coca cola light, 2 coke, and 2 orange pop in the fridge but no beer. They came every other day to check on the beverages. It is a time share but they don’t call it that anymore so if they offer you a look at the “vacation club” beware. The beach is not very nice. It is a marina. There are boats all out in the water. You also had to pay for Wi fi The good: Staff was wonderful. The room was cleaned very nice. Food was good but not the best. They only have the buffet and Italian Restaurants and the snack bar for free then the Mexican is with a fee. We were able to walk to 5th Ave. We did have a fun time
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Bonnie
"We enjoyed the nice pool and activities."
My husband and I had a wonderful experience at The Reef/Coco Beach. The food, beverages, entertainment, and the grounds were top notch. We loved the choice of either lounging by the ocean under the umbrellas/kon tikis or poolside. We arrived and had not a care in the world as all our needs were taken care of.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Good resort on a Budget"
We thought the resort was amazing when walking into the lobby, but then the rooms were only so-so, and then the beds were hard as a rock. There are 3 restaurants on property and a snack grill. There is a Buffet for 3 meals everyday, there,s an Italian rest. that we never got to try because every time that we went at 630 it was never opened and there is a Mexican restaurant that you have to pay extra to eat at. So, on a budget we ate at the buffet, the breakfast was good, the lunch was ok and the dinner was nothing special. The service however at the buffet was perfect. You do not sit by the pool or the beach and expect anyone to come by offering drinks like other resorts. If you are an early riser and looking for coffee you won't find any. The taxi's out front are twice the cost as a taxi if you walk up the street a couple of blocks. Just remember that the resort is not top of the line but your not paying top of the line pricing, so it is what you pay for and is not actually that bad.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Becky
"Nice clean resort"
This hotel was clean, and small enough so that the staff got to know you and made it feel like a more personal experience
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Never again!! Worst All inclusive experience ever!"
We travelled as a group of five and three of us were sent to a different hotel. This is being practiced by Coco Beach on regular basis (we got in this situation for two years in a row) I am guessing to fill another less popular sister hotel. They were going to send us for the whole trip and we had to negotiate to be sent only for one night. Front desk agents were pushy, threatening and not apologetic at all, instead of upgrading us for one night, they gave us an ultimatum with only one option and some bogus explanation about hotel being renovated due to extreme humidity. News flash!!! Your hotel is located on the ocean shore!!! Hotel simply gets oversold but why do clients have to suffer is beyond my understanding. Manage the process better. Once we got to another hotel we were treated as sub customers, obviously and that is completely another issue, and no one even cared about any type of accommodation for us. Room was outdated, dirty and had only two double beds for three grown men. Absolutely unacceptable situation that should not be happening to anyone who pays for service. Another reason not to come back is food... Just horrible!! We were dining out every night. Quality is the worst and menu is unimaginative. Waiters are overworked and not caring about client service at all.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
D
Not worth the money. Very disappointing. Bed was the firmest mattress made making it difficult to sleep on. No hot water. Staff were power washing outside our door till 2am.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Great resort close to the city."
We had a great experience at the Coco Reef. We went for the bpm music festival and chose this resort due to proximity. It was fine overall, great staff and clean premises. The pool was really nice, but there are a bunch of boats moored in the "beach" area so don't expect to swim or snorkel right in front of the resort. Other than that, we have no complaints and would go again!
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Alana
"Got bumped to The Reef at Playa Car.."
Crazy. We arrived to find out we were moved..no bed in our room...no water.pop. in our frig. Took too long to get this straightened out.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"I liked the hotel"
Nice hotel very clean and the staff was very friendly. The beach was disappointing because of all the sea weed, I'm saying a lot of sea weed. The other disappointing part of our stay was that there was not any servers around the pool. We had to stand in long lines waiting for drinks from bartenders that could care less about service.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
dan and vi
"WE had a good stay at the Reef, we just had......"
WE had a good stay at the Reef, we just had bad timing as a storm came in that covered the beach with 4 ft height of seaweed that ran the length of the beach. We watched for two days while the workers tirelessly hauled the seaweed off with two wheel barrels. Finally they brought in a submersible trash pump and covered the mess with sand. So, of course we did not have a good "beach experience", but that was just our timing. The resort is very well kept, I saw nothing that was in disrepair. The rooms as nice as any A/I we've stayed at, including the more expensive ones. Check in was friendly and swift and when our A/C didn't work, 1 phone call and it was fixed promptly. The staff was as great as any A/I we have stayed at, although no staff would bring drinks to us at the pool or at the beach. This is their loss because we are great tippers, if I have to get my own drinks, I tip smaller, so we returned home with a lot of tip money. Restaurant food was good and the staff was always on the spot for any needs. Mexican restaurant has a small upcharge, I wouldn't do it again since the buffet had all the same dishes. Did not try the Italian restaurant. To sum it up, we have a large family and this resort was very accommodating to a large family. Probably we will return to the Reef again, I do recommend this resort.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
dan and vi
"quiet small resort with great staff"
This is our third time staying at Reef Coco Resort. This property is quiet and comfortable. The facilities are in good condition for an older property. We had the all inclusive plan. the food is good, with a nice variety. there is a Mexican as well as Italian themed specialty restaurants that are included in addition to the main dining room. The staff is super. Floriberto in the main dining area is super, cant do enough for you. Abelardo in the lobby bar was also super. He remembers what you drink and is great to talk with. In addition, use the tour company on property. the prices were reasonable and the excursions were good. The concierges were also helpful with suggestions to local restaurants. We would suggest the left side of the resort rooms if you are a light sleeper. The resort itself is very quiet at night however on the right side of the property is a small night club that occasionally hosts DJ, that can be quite loud (think lots of base). We always chose this property due to its serene atmosphere and it's proximity to the start of 5th Ave. (the more local end). you are not in the noise and commotion of the 5th Ave that hosts the cruise ship passengers.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
J
This is a very nice and smaller all inclusive hotel. The common grounds are very nice. Our room was clean and beds comfortable. The beach had lots of seaweed when we were there. But still usable. You can walk to the Northern edge of 5th Ave and experience the playa.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"3 start hotel quality"
Traveled with my female friend and we are 28 yrs old. Arrived around 5pm. Our luggage was immediately taken from us out of view and we were forced to do a sit down 45 minutes "talk " about our stay and also an attempt to convince us to participate in a promotional 1.5 hr time-share talk the next morning. Was tired and wanted to go to room and shower FOOD--They have 2 restaurants; Italian and mexican and 1 buffet. Mexican charged an extra $6 per person, per visit even though hotel said it was All inclusive. Honestly would have been cheaper overall to just book a nicer hotel and eat out on their famous 5th ave. Drinks are 100 pesos ( $5) Buffet food was so-so. Beef didn't look like real meat. I tasted it and threw it away. HAD TO PAY FOR WIFI :/ hotel has a good pool. ROOMS--are ok. so-so beds. Not very comfy. bathroom - so-so. could stand to whiten their tubs. It had stains BEACH AREA--Hotel has a very small beach, sandy area. Had to walk 20 mins on the beach over to Paradisius hotel to have nice seaweed free sand and space
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
world traveler
"Disappointing based on Internet Info."
Five night stay over X-mas 2014 holiday. The internet info was misleading. The Beach was terrible, it was actually a marina. You really couldn't swin in the Ocean with all the boats there. Extra surcharge for one of the resteraunts and couldn't use the Beach Bar w/o an extra surcharge. None of that info was on the internet. The Basketball and Tennis Court was rundown and in poor condition. The door locks in both our rooms were rundown and in poor condition. For the money we paid, I was very disappointed and would not go back or recommend.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Hotel was nice we would return. More onsite activities exspecialy at night and by pool would be nice. Room had a very musty smell and bed was hard. Staff was wonderful they went out of their way to make visit nice.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
We stayed in the hotel for 10 nights in the middle of December. The staff is really nice, our room was clean and had everything you need. The food was excellent! There was enough space for everyone on the beach and in the pool area. The animation staff was very dedicated to their work and had some nice activities prepared. You will never be bored there!
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Highly recommended"
Just go you'll see how nice it is.....The beach isn't huge but real nice. We just got back yesterday from our 10 days of bliss...Food is good......Perfect location for Playa Del Carmen...The shows were decent....Our room was nice and updated....The staff were nice and helpful......Short ride to most activities..
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Smaller resort in good location"
Staff were very nice . The bartenders at all locations were very good with any drink a visitor could explain. They were very well versed in mixology. Hotel was in good location, I have stayed in Playa many times so I knew my way around. Even if you did not want to walk; the taxi cost 70 peso to other side of Playa. Off the resort , just a short walk away are good restaurants , if you tire of the resort food.Speaking of the food, breakfast and lunch were good. The snack bar as well. The dinner at the buffet could be better. Idid not eat at the 2 ala carte restaurants.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Rex
"Fun, friendly and compact little resort"
Our stay was brief, just three nights and we missed two of those due to flight delays. Wished we could have stayed longer. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. People complain about the beach and the boats anchored there but we didn't mind that at all. An added plus was the free use of bikes, which we used to tour around Playa del Carmen shopping. The resort is small compared to many but that has its own benefits. Easy access to all the amenities.
3 night romance trip Dec 2, 2014
"Hotel on the beach, but thats about it!"
I just returned from a week at Coco reef with my wife and 3 kids( 16 & 15 yr old girls, 13 yr old boy). Upon checking in they informed me that they didnt have adjoining rooms(I paid for 2 doubles that adjoined). They "Upgraded us to a suite.....with a king size bed in one room, a sofa with pull-out...and then brought in a roll away"...not quite the 4 beds we paid for but didnt want 2 seperate rooms in 2 different places..Not quite family.... First night to take showers and there was"NO water pressure". and no hot water!!! To get presure, u had to turn on the sink water, then the shower. Nice end to our first day!!! They managed to get luke warm water that trickled out..Thats what we dealt with all week for showers..... The buffet food was always...I mean always...cold. Not sure if they dont have proper warmers or what, but breakfast pancakes,french toast,etc in am always cold...lunch and dinner the same. The food was always the same as well with very little variety. Kids ended up eating at pool bar on hamburgs and hot dogs...Italian restaurant way below average. Didnt eat at Mexiacn restaurant..AN added $6/per person for that....nice all inclusive!! The pool was nice enuff and pool activity people very nice. The beach was also nice and steps from hotel. There are no waves here though as there is a reek that stops that...so its good for little ones but pretty much a soaking tub.Bar service slow and unfriendly..Would not ever go back unless free with every upgrade.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
rick
"Meh"
Construction at 7am, additional charges for everything (coffee, food, beverages), inconsistent service and a tiny beach. I would not stay here again.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Decent beach front hotel"
The lobby area is very inviting. Very pretty ceiling and statue. Front counter staff was nice. Talked to Louisa who tried to get us to do timeshare presentation, which we declined, but she did provide good tourist information. She was nice, but ended up asking us about it 3 times over the 4 days we were there, which I felt was annoying. Our room was adequate. Nice view of beach and pool. We were in 2259. Bed was a little too firm. Only saw 1 wall outlet to use in bathroom and didn't see any by night stands. Tv had limited channels. Lamp shades wouldn't stay straight. No issues with house keeping. Cleaned room nicely. Provided lots of bottled waters. No fridge in room. Every day we were there, around 11am ish they did water aerobics, which I didn't like. We tried to nap in our room but couldn't because it was so loud at the pool for that. Bar lobby was nice. Big tv to watch football. Bartenders were decent. Bathroom in lobby was really nice. Only beer choices were dos equis light or Amber..need more beer choicesfor the resort. Pool was big and pretty! Lots of chairs to lounge in the pool or outside by the pool. Pool closing at 8 pm is too early in my opinion. Pool bar was good. Bartender Milton was very nice. Hot tubs were warm, not hot. I was looking forward to using them, but not hot enough. Had 3 hot tubs all right next to each other facing the beach. Buffet was good. Daniel at the buffet was friendly and funny. Other staff at buffet were helpful.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Shannon
"I will go back!!"
The hotel staff was greag, the food was good. The hotel was very clean and there was usually some fun activities out by the pool! The hotel is located at a poit with a reef just beyond, several fishing and dive boats anchored out past the beach add to the charm. Lots of things to do, great dive shop on premises and lots of dive opportunities as the dive boats leave from the dock. If you wants some fun outside the resort there is a great little beach bar located next door that had a fun crowd (if you're not paying attention you'll miss it) and 5th avenue is just a short walk. I would definitely recommend it to friends!
Gordon
"Great for the money!"
We were there for a wedding that was at The Royal (a really expensive all-inclusive) and we decided to stay here because it was about $1,000 cheaper. We didn't spend a lot of time at our hotel but we did experience a couple of things. First, the pool is very nice and the hotel has its own private beach area though it is not large. We only ate at the buffet and the snack bar, both were nothing fancy but the food tasted good. I think the night restaurants are probably better. The rooms were clean and comfortable and for the most part the hotel staff is very friendly. They do try to get you to do a 90 minute tour to buy a vacation plan, which we got out of but one of the lady managers was really rude about it and telling us that we had time (did not appreciate that). I think the hotel is a reasonable price and you get what you pay for.
Courtney
"Cheap, confortable, good location"
Not too close to 5ta avenida, but far enough to rest from all the clubs noice
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Carlos
"Wonderful stay at The Reef Coco Beach"
The staff was very kind and courteous. The Mayaland Tour office made booking excursions easy. The nightly entertainment was delightful.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"EXCELLENT HOTEL, VERY HOSPITABLE STAFF ...."
WE WERE HERE 3 MONTHS AGO, THAT'S WHY WE CAME BACK, THE ONLY THING THAT I CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT WAS THE WEATHER, WE CAN'T WAIT TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR , GOD WILLING ......
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
CLIFF & JILL
"First time to Mexico"
My wife and I thought the hotel was very nice. I had done a lot of research on all inclusive hotels since we had never been to one, and first time in Mexico. We wanted a smaller property (peace and quiet was our main goal, and we also wanted the ability to dine without being set to a restricted reservation). This was the perfect place for that. We also wanted a location that was right on the ocean beach (not just a place that had beach access), and it hit the mark on that, too. I had read that with the all inclusive, most places only allowed you to get their house wine or draft beer, and rail drinks, otherwise there was a daily upcharge to get bottled beer, imports, and top shelf. I guess it wasn't clearly defined enough, because I thought I was going to have access to bottled beer and imports, but, I didn't see any bottled beer on site, and my wife was totally fine with rail drinks (she sampled many specialty drinks). I will say, their tap beer (Dos Equis) was great, and I drank that the whole trip. (They do offer Dos Equis Amber in the lounge bar, too.) I would definitely book the same location again. Their Italian restaurant was very good. (their beef was like a filet mignon) There are 5 places to get food during the day, and 4 bars. Daily activities to take part in. We spent 2 days just "chilling" and 2 days venturing out. It was a great relaxing, romantic getaway, and we will be going back next year.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Great deal great value great place"
Conviently located to 5th avenue, great staff... Quaint place and truly a real value! I have been twice and will be back a 3rd time :)
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
sam
"Nice place to relax or play"
First night was difficult as the air conditioning did not work well. Took entire next day to get anything done then we had to change rooms. New room very nice. Water aerobics lots of fun as was water volleyball. Shopping was nearby. Working on maintainance issues during low season so hotel a little messy. Staff did their best to keep it to a mimimum.
7 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Not for beach or breakfast"
I didn't get in the beach at all during my 5 night stay. It wasn't inviting because of the smell and all the boats parked real close to the shore. The breakfast buffet was very unhealthy except for the fruits. Everything was too much and you can tell they were left overs from the night or day before that were modified and recooked. I couldn't understand how they cooked the French toast. It was hard and with white sugar. The yogurts were overly sweet and artificial. I just wish they had salads and cooked some things simply and right. During my stay there were a lot of rain so the buffet area got drenched by the windows and at night the restaurants' roof was leaking, especially by the windows. I don't know how they handle the real rainy season and I don't know how they call this a beach resort.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
First-timer
"Very nice hotel"
I have a wonderfull time food was good and the staff very friendly and kind
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Not what I expected"
When we arrived on Thursday night about 10pm we checked into room 2360 which is on the right side down by the ocean. There is a private beach club that is right beside the resort. It was playing music so loud until 2am. We asked if that would happen every night and was assured it wouldn't and it was just a special event that night. I like to have fun just like anyone else and gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried to get some sleep. The next night same thing! The third night same thing except it lasted until 4am. By that time I was a little mad because we had not slept in 3 nights and was getting up at 7am for a excursion to Isla Mujeras the next day. They changed us to the other side of the resort for our last 2 nights. It was better. We booked a trip with Vanessa at the hotel marina to sail with 14 people to Isla Mujeras for $99. What we got was a booze cruise with 45 people and very crowded and they all only paid $60. What you don't really see on the beach in all the pictures is all the boats parked right directly in front of you on the beach all day. It really ruins the beach experience. The food was ok. I have been going to Mexico for the last several years and its all about the same. The resort is small and I did like that. The staff is always cleaning and the pool is nice.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Christy
Service was excellent. We were greeted with champaign and soft drinks for the kids. Staff across all areas were professional and helpful. My daughter got sick (not from food or water, she had strep) & the rep at guest services was extremely helpful in connecting me to a pharmacy that offered free delivery. She stayed on the line to ensure we received what we needed. I also had to cancel a booked tour because of the illness and the tour agent within the hotel was able to accommodate that. The food was better than I expected. They provided a wide variety of food to please even picky eaters. The shows were entertaining. They do need additional activities. I didn't like that they had boats docked directly in front of the hotel. Overall, it was a great experience and we would go back.
4 night family trip Jul 15, 2014
Julia
"2014 Vacation"
Our 4th time at this hotel, we love that's it's smaller than most resorts. Easy access to pool, beach, restaurants, and lobby areas.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
De
"PERSONNEL AT THIS PROPERTY ARE THE BEST!!"
EVERYBODY took their time to make out vacation be the best, from wait staff to bell boy to security. OUTSTANDING PEOPLE!!!!!!! Gracias.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014