All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereCalle Costera Norte S/N Mz 7 Lt 1, Playa del Carmen, QROO, 77710, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Family Vacation Good Deal/AVOID FOX CAR RENTALSCAM"
Starting with Fox Rentals, they tried to bill me 300 USD for 'insurance' for a small car for one week. All looked as a scam, since the rental was already included in my booking and did not want to waste time (I spoke to the manager too), I took a taxi. Hotel is fine, is a small facility with clean rooms, few waiters but bar and restaurant were not crowded, so we got quickly our meals and drinks. I had an emergency as my cell phone was wet, and the 'concierge' lady could not assist me with one phone call to confirm my return trip to the airport. I reported that no hot water was out of my bath, maintenance guy told me that the newer wing where we stayed had some problems with the water boiler. We did not wanted to move, as there was the only Jr. Suite left at that floor (we booked 2 double queen rooms, but were very far apart one each other). Has a good location for walking to the Quinta Avenida, everything within the hotel was reachable with few steps (restaurant, pool bar, beach, lobby, room). Our room was one of the newest ones, and had a good view for both pool and beach. (2nd floor) We asked for extra towels and shampoos, we got them, unfortunately room was cleaned very late. We stayed for one week. We took some trips to the Riviera Maya for snorkeling. Beach has boats that does not look good, and cannot swim in front of hotel, you need to walk about 1/2 mile for clear beach
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Nice hotel close to beach"
Went for a bday getaway, would go again.. I feel in luv with Luis from the buffet he made sure me n my frnd enjoyed ourselfs!! He is the BEST
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
rah
"hotel close to the beach"
Hotel needs more improvements on the facility. There are holes on the doors and walls that need to be fixed. The food was good at the buffet restaurant and the Italian restaurant. The only thing that can help improve the comfort of eating your meal is air conditioning at the buffet restaurant. The are a few fans that keep the air circulating and the outside heat added to the kitchen heat does not help. It is very uncomfortable trying to enjoy a meal while you are sweaty. Also, the facility says that it is all inclusive of alcohol beverages. Only the cheap alcohol is included. If you want the brand name you have to pay extra.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Liz
"close to beach"
We wanted a smaller resort that was close to the beach. It is too small to simply spend days at the resort for more than perhaps 3. We went on 2 tours and snorkeling and fishing. We choose this resort because of the cost so that we could use the extra money for these outings. The food is very good the buffet is great and the two restaurants are very nice however paying 6 dollars for the Mexican restaurant is strange. They did put us in an ocean front room the first night and it was very dirty and disappointing they tried to get us to "upgrade" and pay the extra for the room. We choose not to and the pool front room was great nothing fancy but clean and cleaned daily. You do have to get your own drinks there are no actual waiters on the beach or pool but again because it is a small place the walk to the bar is very quick so not to bad and we saved money on tips.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Corina
"You Pay for what you get..."
The reef coco resort lived up to its reviews that I had read prior to going I was worried it would be outdated but it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. This resort is close to everything without the party scene being right on top of you. I will say be careful when using expedia because they are only the middle man in this transaction.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Tx_butterfly
"All in all, not too shabby"
Stayed at The Reef from 6/4 - 6/11 and had a wonderful vacation. Room and the grounds were kept clean. Only had a few issues but not enough to ruin our vacation. First off, we stayed in 2150 and had friends stay in 2148. Now, i'm not sure why because we left tip money for the housekeeping staff but they never left us any bottled water until the very last day (and that was 2 days after we quit tipping, I figured it wasn't getting me anything, so why bother) On arrival, we were greeted promptly but our friends names weren't on the reservation list. Not sure if that was a hotel issue or an Expedia issue but it was taken care of quickly. Got suckered into the timeshare presentation (dang it, they always get me) It was supposed to last 90 minutes but went for 2 1/2 hours. Got a $100 credit for the spa so my wife was happy. I enjoyed the food. There was only 1 day where I thought the food was so-so but all-in-all, it was good. There are 2 restaurants above the buffet dining room. 1 serves Italian and the other Mexican. The mexican one is an extra $6/pp.......don't waste your money. Wasn't worth it. The Italian food wasn't extra and it was good but be prepared to wait at either place. It was slooooooow. The beach is small, but clean and the water was pretty clear. They work hard keeping the place looking good and it shows. What we thought was kinda weird is that every night but one, we would be sitting poolside and it was quiet. We enjoyed that.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
I recommend this hotel and definetely I'll come back
7 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"Stay away from this motel!"
Food was terrible. Beds were rock hard. We requested a king size bed with a roll away bed, was told we would get two queens, actually got two full size beds. 'Fancy' Italian restaurant had leaking ceilings. Rain dripping on our plates as we were trying to eat. Toilets wouldn't flush. Had to call cleaning services 3 times during a 7 day stay for towels (there were 4 of us and they consistently left 3 towels) and for toilet paper. Room next to ours was under construction. Saws/hammers started at 8 AM. Prescription medications were stolen from our room. Beach surrounded by 20-30 fishing boats anchored just off shore. Nightly entertainment didn't have much variety. We realize this hotel was not the most expensive, however, it shouldn't have been this bad. We would not recommend this hotel nor ever go back.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
It was very good. Renovate rooms and good beach. No rocks in the ocean. The security was very good as well. Overall good expedience
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Nice beach...tons of room for improvement."
Hotel is old...food was so so, no entertainment for kids or adults. At least it was cheap....so cheap, Mexicans call this hotel their home away from home
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Gene
loved our stay and are planning to return. the food could of been a little better we ate in Italian restaraunt every nite. the drinks of course were great and Estafania and Angel at the pool were so much Fun!!!
8 night romance trip May 19, 2014
Debbie and Ken
"Great time in Playa Del Carmen"
Check in was quick and easy, delivered a glass of wine while we waited for our keys. Its not a huge resort so 4 days was plenty for us. The spa was fabulous and I was even given a free 15 min massage on the beach. The pool and pool bar were outstanding. The only complaint is the food isnt the best but I still found something each day to eat. I will say the omelet station is really good. No complaints here and would definitely go back!
Other trip May 28, 2014
Food was good and room were clean.Water in the pool was a little bit dirty and the bartenders by the pool were no good.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"everything but the bed"
the staff the pool the ocean view and everything was great except the bed. Hard as a rock so if you like that kind of thing you're in.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"So so"
I was looking for a small resort where I could relax, not party. The hotel was great for that. Not many people, no wait for check in or ever for food or drinks, and a nice pool. So for that it was perfect. However, we had no hot water, the food wasn't that great, and none of the staff ever smile. The wait staff acts as if you are bothering them when you ask for a water refill.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the beach and 5th Avenue"
hotel should have internet included at least in the lobby.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Good and bad"
Nice lobby-upgraded our room at check in for additional charge but they did not mention the VIP package which we still don't know if it was included in the upgrade. The room was clean and comfortable. Some of the staff was great but some had no idea what was going on. Example: we asked the staff out front where 5th ave (the main drag that was only a few blocks away) and they had no idea. Food was plentiful but not great. Example: the fruit was kind of..sad. The bar was ok- the drinks were sugary and they have no light beer at all (there is a bodega a 2 blocks away) You will get better service if you tip. Some times they serve in disposable plastic glass (which you clearly throw away) and they reuse them!!! We are green at home but seeing how they rinsed them was kind of gross. The beach was small, by the time we left there was no room for chairs- it was pretty tough to walk to the right due to rocks and rough water but do- able. Close enough to walk to fifth but you go down a coupe of pretty deserted blocks to get there. Fifth is great but it's more like Miami then Mexico. Mariachis charge by song ($10 per) -some really good restaurants but much more expensive than I was expecting. There were plenty of clubs but we were more into the bars and restaurants. Sala Rosa was just off 5th and on the way to the main part of 5th- it was great with a more local atmosphere. All in all my PDC experience was good
Other trip May 10, 2014
klee
Great location, within 5 mins walk of one end of the main shopping/tourist strip of Playa Del Carmen (5th avenue). The hotel was kept spotless, people cleaning constantly. Staff were very friendly and helpful with any request. Beach is small but they make up for it with tons of seats around the pool and it's directly beside a very quiet public beach so lots of room to spread out if you don't want a chair right in front of the hotel. Obviously some repetitiveness in the food, as they are trying to please everyone but each night had a theme and there was tons of variety too if you are willing to try new things and everything we tried was good.
7 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
"Very clean and maintained well"
I have no complaints about the hotel or rooms itself. The rooms were very well maintained and clean. Also the grounds were kept up and clean. When we arrived we were asked if we would like a security box in our room, but it would be a per day charge, of course we needed one. We entered our room and it was already there, no one had to turn it on, so we didn't need to pay. We were greeted by a gentleman who we thought was in charge of the hotel, in fact they were getting us to do a timeshare, NO THANKS we are on vacation. No free WIFI, WHAT???? I have never stayed at a hotel that didn't have free WIFI, of course there was a charge for that, so me and my wife walked to the Starbucks to get in contact with our kids. We exchanged American money for Pesos at the hotel cause we were told by the hotel that there rates were better than in town, come to find out when we went into town the exchange rate was much better. Food was not that great. There was a charge for the Mexican resturant, not worth the money. The Italian resturant was not great either. The buffet food was a typical buffet, basically the same items everyday. My wife and I felt like there was a charge for everything, what happened to all inclusive??
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Close to the beach"
The beach was disappointing, water murky, boats blocks swimming. The ocean hits one side of hotel wall, and small piece of sand on the other side. There no volleyball on the beach in the vicinity. No tennis courts. No soccer. Not many activities to do. Boring as baseball. There is a net in the swimming pool, but no murk up for the lines. There are bikes for rent, but nobody tells you about their availability, I found out on my last day.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Alex
"Nice and very close to town"
Smaller than other resorts that I've stayed but just as nice. The rooms aren't really upscale but clean and nice enough and the air cond worked well! Friendly staff, plenty of food to choose from, highly recommend the Italan restaurant! Drinks were convenient and plenty of them. The location was also convenient only about 4 blocks from 5th street which goes on for at least a mile or so but a quick $5.00 to $9.00 taxi ride would take you anywhere in town. However those few blocks to 5th were pretty vacant, some ran down and some new construction, it was hard to tell which. Security was great but never felt uncomfortable or unsafe. There were many languages spoken by internationals from Canada, Poland, Germany, Russia and US. The pool was nice but if you like the beach there is not much of one...I hear they lost it in the hurricane. But there are chairs, water and beds available plus a short walk and you will find plenty of beaches. We walked the beach all the way to the ferry that goes to Cozumel 1 to 2 miles? They have a disco that starts at 11:00 but no one really came so I hear 12th street is where the night life is so I would just plan on taking a taxi. Overall....I had a great time with no complaints.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Wasn't in the lobby 5 minutes."
We took our taxi from 5th Ave to the Reef coco beach walked in the lobby to check in, gave them our info they told us there were problems with our rooms and a taxi was waiting outside to take us 7 minutes down the road to the Reef playacar. We knew nothing about the reef playcar, we didn't know what the rooms looked like if it was on the beach if it had resturants anything. We knew nothing except we were in a taxi heading there. The reef coco beach could have atleast concacted the people they were moving to let them know a week or two in advance so they could research the knew resort they were staying. It is not a good feeling getting shoved out of a lobby into a taxi heading to a place you know nothing about. We were very upset. We paid extra to have ocean front rooms well the reef playcar doesn't have that ocean front or view rooms so that money was wasted. Our stay turned out to be pleasing and good we enjoyed our trip but that was no way to start one. I would sure think since they knew 5 months in advance we were coming that they could have somehow contacted us to let us know what the situation was before we got there. Very poor management in my mind.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Not what we expected"
It is close to the beach, but we got charged for a safe lock when the safe had an enter in code. The shower head did not work. We paid $30 for internet to supposedly work for 3 days, and it kept on disconnecting. Their drinks were all watered down. I would not recommend it.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Daisy
"Great all inclusive right on the beach!"
Staff very helpful and friendly, especially William & Jorge in the VIP bar. Resort is only blocks from 5th avenue. Resort is very clean but not gourmet food.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Ok, but would not recommend or go back"
Playa is great, so I say all of this with that in mind. The hotel is old and outdated. Staff was not rude, but not friendly. Very few spoke any English and it was difficult to get anything other than a basic drink. They had limited shot glasses so getting shots was difficult. A diaper sat under the walk bridge for three, or more days. The pool was dirty, often and the place was flocked with birds and bird doo doo ( more so than other resorts) Overall it was not nearly as clean and tidy as other resorts we have stayed at and the rooms weren't cleaned until very late in the day. They charged $6 to eat at the Mexican restaurant and there was really nothing special about it. They charged for safety deposit boxes too. Perhaps most concerning was the entertainment guy (Anderson) who all but stalked my daughter and her friend and tried endlessly to get them to go to the club with him. Apparently they get spiffs if they get people there, but I found it disturbing. When they declined several nights, he became rude and made condescending remarks. On the plus side, the food was good overall and there was always a place to sit.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
Stacy
"Clean, friendly staff, beautiful beach"
The staff is super friendly and accomodating. The beach was beautiful and the ocean was a patchwork of sea green, teal, and blue. It was gorgeous and I plan to go back again. The only thing I hope they do in the future is to add pads to the legs of the furniture so it isn't really loud when the people above you in the hotel are moving their chairs constantly. They also move the beds when they're changing the sheets, and so that is pretty loud since it's wooden furniture being dragged across a cement tile floor. The people above us were moving their furniture (sounded like chairs) across the room for about 30 minutes to an hour every night. I am not sure if they had kids or what, but it was very aggrivating and it's a cheap fix just to add some cloth pads to the base/legs of the chairs so that they slide easily and without noise across the floor. Other than that, the hotel was very nice, they had shows every night after dinner for entertainment and the weather was beautiful. We went during spring break, but since this is in Playa del Carmen which is 30 minutes south of Cancun, we didn't have hardly any young spring breakers, which was nice.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
C
"beautiful hotel! close to the beach. great food"
staff was very friendly and accommodating. absolutely beautiful hotel with great activity leaders by the pool. I loved how we could snorkel and kayak for free! definitely want to go back soon
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Tara
"Beautiful resort-secluded beach-friendly staff"
The resort is about an hour or so away from the airport, and the package doesn't include transportation so you have to get a taxi.---around $100 one way but they had a promo for $150 round trip Once we arrived at the resort we were greeted by the staff and a glass of champagne. The resort was clean and the view from the lobby over looking the pool was beautiful. Room as a good size and everything was clean. The maid service was excellent as well. The pool area was wonderful and clean. The beach was nice as well, and after taking a walk down the beach we realized that it was very secluded from other hotels and locals. The food selection was okay, the buffet could have had a little more variety in my opinion, but overall it wasn't too bad. they have an Italian and Mexican restaurant as well. You have to pay $6 more at the Mexican restaurant though.. which was a little weird to me. There is an office there where you can book excursions. We went to Xcaret and spent the day there. It was really beautiful and a good way to do fun activities and learn about Mexican history. Definitely would recommend going there. All in all, I would definitely recommend staying at the Reef Coco Bay Resort. a solid 4.5 stars in my book. The food selection was the only downfall, but it honestly wasn't even bad.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
LG
"Very Nice Resort....Mainly for relaxation"
We stayed 7 nights, and anyone who says the food gets old must be the PICKIEST person in the world. If you don't like buffet, they had a WONDERFUL snack bar, if you wanted a restaurant GO UPSTAIRS. The Italian restaurant is free and you don't need reservations and had great food. The Mexican restaurant cost $6 a person but is well worth it. What can we say VICTOR is amazing he was a huge help!! Also Milton at the Disco bar is great. The rooms were very clean and the grounds were amazing!! The disco bar was fun because (we 8 travelers were the entertainment)! Hardly anyone was up past 10 pm!!!!!!!!!! So party life it is not, but you can party yourself in the disco, which is what we did. The beach is nice but small, but never crowded. If you are looking to get away and not spend a fortune....give the Reef a try. 5 blocks you are at one end of 5th avenue. They also have nightly shows that are fun!!
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
ReNee
"good rooms, location, pool but poor food"
Good location, rooms fine and clean. Pool area great, lots of seating. Beach was good. Everything was quite good and above average except the food. Just blaa! Ruins va-ca when you can't look forward to a good meal. WIFI charge ridiculous. Mexican restaurant definitely not worth paying for. Meat was so tough I couldn't eat it. Wine is the worst, must have bought a batch cheap because no one else would buy it. Surely there is enough profit to fix these things and come up to a solid and true 4 star. You're so close, make the effort and people will come back.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
"Small, quiet, relaxed resort"
We've stayed at 4 different resorts In the area. This was the smallest of them all. It was nice, comfortable and best of all not crowded. We were told the hotel was full when we checked in but never had a problem finding a chair at the beach or the pool. We met a lot do great people from all over the world at the swim up bar. Since the place is so small we kept running into the same people all week. We made some great friends that we will keep in touch with. The staff at the Reef is very hard working and always smiling.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
stephanie
"Great beach ."
The staff is exceptional and very helpful. The food is a little boring but most all-inclusive do get that way. Walking the beach is wonderful and is kept very clean in both directions.Tipping goes a long way as it does everywhere. Ocean view rooms are just okay and really can not hear the ocean anywhere on the grounds. There are plenty of lounge chairs available but they have them so close together it's almost impossible to get into them. No where to put your feet down beside them.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
chris
"Yet ok"
Bad food hotel ok would stay again for a fee days in off season
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
"Everything you need is right there"
We're Just home from our 3rd visit to the Reef Coco Beach. As always, everything we needed was right there. The staff is fun and friendly and its always nice to see a familiar face. Loved the entertainment guys and the daily water volley ball. We felt bad the beach had washed out a bit, but the Sun and the warm weather was still there. We love your Beach and the walks we take from there. On our first night, we came back to our room to find a very nice bottle of wine and cheese plate and fruit plate with a very nice letter from the Management welcoming us back for the 3rd time..You guys are great, and thank you very much for that..We look forward to seeing you again next year..Got a great tan..
Other trip Feb 8, 2014
Brian and Judy
"Beautiful right on the beach"
This hotel is at the end of a long line of hotels which made the beach very quiet. The food was excellent with lots of variety. The Mexican food restaurant that you had to pay extra for was also good food but not worth the extra money. The food and beverage staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel staff seemed to be able to do the minimum but extra things like getting bottled water and replacing beach towels was impossible if that department wasn't open. We went on 2 early morning excursions and needed those items before we left. Front desk staff couldn't help us. The walls of the hotel are thin and the doors don't have any dampening so we heard our neighbors conversations and their door slam all the time. The grounds are very beautiful and clean. It was great staying on the beach and walk along it anytime of day or night.
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
"Average, but not bad by any means."
We had a nice stay overall. We were there for 8 nights. We only had a couple of complaints during our stay. Our first complaint was that we booked/paid for an ocean front room, but, even after confirming our reservations THREE times, we were not given an ocean front room. The room that they put us in was an ocean view, which wasn't bad, however, it wasn't what we paid for. The only "reimbursement" they were willing to give us for their mistake was $16, which was basically giving us the safe in the room for free. We opted to be moved thinking we wanted to get our money's worth, so they moved us 2 days later to an ocean front room. It was nice...during the day...and then night time came, and it was awful. They put us in the room right next to the sports bar/disco that parties until 2am EVERY night. The music was unbearable. We were miserable! If we would've known that before they moved us, we would've gladly stayed in the first ocean view that they put us in. They kindly moved us back the next day. The only other complaint was that the pool bar "didn't have ice" one of the days we were there, so they were only offering beer (which we don't drink). The food was good, the drinks were good (when they had ice), the staff was very nice and willing to help, and the beach was beautiful. It is a small beach, which was perfect for us. Everything was very clean. It was a good stay, but will probably stay at a different resort next time. Good location, too!
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
"Excellent Vacation"
My second stay was excellent. I had a beautiful room, delicious food, and a relaxing vacation. The staff was incredibly friendly.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"A nice hotel, quiet rooms"
I only had 2 nights but they were pleasant, the pool area is busy and fun, nice snack bar and pool bar
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Great room nice beach!"
The staff was friendly. The hotel is conveniently located by 5th Avenue which is great for shopping and dining. The beach is nice and steps away from your room. You can walk to the ferry that takes you to Cozumel. The resort is a nice size and easy to get around. The nightly entertainment was fun. We needed to use the call in hotel doctor. He came quickly and was very helpful. The manager at the front desk was helpful for accommodating our large family. There is a service for booking excursions.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Fun all-inclusive resort."
Unfortunately, there were too many sales personnel trying to sell memberships or timeshares. 90 minutes to sit with salesmen is too long for a vacation spot. Once we say no, we mean no. Otherwise, the resort was quite charming. The staff was exceptionally friendly, even the landscape and maintenance personnel! Food was excellent and plentiful.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
Roz
"Great all-inclusive"
Hotel was very clean and staff friendly. Food was excellent at all restaurants, however service in the two formal restaurants was very slow and understaffed. Drinks flowed and were tasty. Only rail alcohol for the basic all-inclusive, but the drinks were fairly strong. Location was OK, a little far from 5th Ave but still walkable or a 5-8 dollar cab ride. Worst aspect was the daily charge per device for WiFi access.
4 night family trip Dec 25, 2013
"Good location, good food but stinky rooms"
The hotel is located at a walking distance from the popular pedestrian street, the fifth avenue. Staff is very courteous and helpful. A broad selection of dishes and decent quality of ingredients. The private beach was a bit packed at times, but otherwise quite nice. The only big downside was the condition of rooms: there was a strong unpleasant odor in the room. In addition to the smell, the terrace door lock was broken and the AC in the room was leaking.
david
"Absolutely horrible, disaster."
I would stay away. This is at best a 2 star hotel. From fishnet wearing waitresses to very unhelpful and uncaring staff. Our room was not what was promised. Apparently only 10% of the hotel has king size beds so get ready to have to accept 2 full size or 2 queens. The sink was clogged and took them 3 days to solve the issue, there was no hot water in the shower and that took basically the entire stay to fix. The room refrigerator did not work, it did not cool. The phone did not work half the time as the keys were stuck. The buffet was ok but once the food ran out, there were only scraps. So you better go early to get anything worthwhile. We decided to eat in one of the restaurants one of the nights and no surprise, they actually charge for dinner. So not as inclusive as you'd think. Also they charge for the safe, internet and anything else you want to do. One more thing no one tells you is that the club next door plays trance music all day and half the night. On the last night we were there, they played until 3 am and the hotel claimed they had no idea that would happen, and actually had no control over it. They were not too bothered about it anyway. I would stay away from this hotel. For the price, you can get better quality anywhere else. I'm not that picky about travel, but this was one stay I wish I had not paid for.
sandy
"Rude Bartenders at all 3 bars, especially pool bar"
We stayed at Coco Beach from December 24th to December 30th 2013 and wanted to let people know how rude the bartenders were at all three bar (especially the pool bar). They were not attentive to people wanting a soda or drink, chatting amongst themselves, slow with service and overall VERY rude. They did not make you feel welcome and many other visitors made this same complaint to us. The activity coordinaters did a great job and the shows were well done.
RJ
"Nice small hotel on the beach and walkable to town"
We liked the small size and location of the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff was attentive and friendly. The only negative was that the dinner service was painfully slow and it was evident that the dining rooms were grossly understaffed.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Beth
"Disappoint.overall, wish I didn't have complaints."
When comparing this place to 5 other all-inclusive resorts we've been to,I don't have much good to say. The weather was nice,compared to Wisconsin (cold and snowy),so I feel bad complaining,but when you have what to compare to,you can't help but notice the differences. Not a nice beach,very small area of sand before the water starts. Food not very good. The Mexican ala carte restaurant was very good though. The poolside snack bar was disappointing,because you had to order & wait for the food to be made,which usually took about 10 minutes. Every place we've been to before,it was already prepared (a buffet),which is what a poolside snack bar should be,in my opinion. The kids club was not available due to construction in that area of the resort. Disappointing for my 4 year old, who was looking forward to that. I never leave my kids in these kids clubs, but they do like to go to them once in a while (with me) for fun activities. There was no entertainment by staff at the pool,like other resorts have. There is usually water aerobics,or poolside games (Bingo, etc.) at these resorts. The entertainment at night, as far as shows in the theater, was fine. Michael Jackson (great),a magic show,Broadway,Mexican...comparable to past resorts. The pool was not clean. There was a bone (like from someone eating meat) at the bottom of the pool the entire time we were there. My son found it when he was going under water with his goggles on & showed it to me. I noticed it every day after that!!
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Renae
"Construction"
Full time construction!!!
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
"Run down"
This hotel and resort is very run down. The service is poor. The food is average in the buffet and poor in the restaurants. There was construction going on the entire time we stayed here. The entertainment was third rate. I would only rate this place as a two star at beat. Pete
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
pete
"Clean, Comfortable, Convenient and Cheap"
We just spent 8 nights 10/28/13 thru 11/5/2013. This is our second time staying at The Reef Cocoa Beach. The reasons we came back: we enjoy the location (easy walk to 5th Avenue--from the resort, all the way to the other end of 5th avenue and back it's a 4 mile round trip walk--or if you prefer the taxi it's $5-$7 one way depending on who you get); it's a smaller resort so they're aren't a ton a people; the beach is nice, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the food is decent. What we don't like: the walls of the rooms are thin, so if you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs and white noise to drown out the noise of doors slamming, toilet's flushing, loud talkers, etc. We don't remember it being so rowdy our first stay, but this time we had several incidences of loud, disrespectful neighbors partying, fighting or just being loud until after 4:00 a.m. and some nights people partying in the pool courtyard until after 3 a.m. and hotel staff made no effort to shut them down, though they told us they received a lot of complaints of the noise.
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
"RELAXING"
This was the first time we stayed at a smaller hotel and it was very nice, we had a room on the bottom floor close to the pool and the beach. There was construction going on that didn’t really bother us it seems October is the time of year most hotels do a lot of construction work. The shows night entertainment was very nice. The spa was amazing we had the couples message the day we left just to relax for the way home the price was good and it was supposed to be 50 minutes it lasted about 80 minutes and everyone I had talked to said the time also went over for them. The message was the best I have ever had it was absolutely amazing. The food was good they had a great selection of fruits vegetables and meats and it is always entertaining to see how other cultures pre-pair food, Over all it was a nice place to stay.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013