All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Calle Costera Norte S/N Mz 7 Lt 1, Playa del Carmen, QROO, 77710, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"EXCELLENT HOTEL, VERY HOSPITABLE STAFF ...."
WE WERE HERE 3 MONTHS AGO, THAT'S WHY WE CAME BACK, THE ONLY THING THAT I CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT WAS THE WEATHER, WE CAN'T WAIT TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR , GOD WILLING ......
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
CLIFF & JILL
"First time to Mexico"
My wife and I thought the hotel was very nice. I had done a lot of research on all inclusive hotels since we had never been to one, and first time in Mexico. We wanted a smaller property (peace and quiet was our main goal, and we also wanted the ability to dine without being set to a restricted reservation). This was the perfect place for that. We also wanted a location that was right on the ocean beach (not just a place that had beach access), and it hit the mark on that, too. I had read that with the all inclusive, most places only allowed you to get their house wine or draft beer, and rail drinks, otherwise there was a daily upcharge to get bottled beer, imports, and top shelf. I guess it wasn't clearly defined enough, because I thought I was going to have access to bottled beer and imports, but, I didn't see any bottled beer on site, and my wife was totally fine with rail drinks (she sampled many specialty drinks). I will say, their tap beer (Dos Equis) was great, and I drank that the whole trip. (They do offer Dos Equis Amber in the lounge bar, too.) I would definitely book the same location again. Their Italian restaurant was very good. (their beef was like a filet mignon) There are 5 places to get food during the day, and 4 bars. Daily activities to take part in. We spent 2 days just "chilling" and 2 days venturing out. It was a great relaxing, romantic getaway, and we will be going back next year.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Great deal great value great place"
Conviently located to 5th avenue, great staff... Quaint place and truly a real value! I have been twice and will be back a 3rd time :)
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
sam
"Nice place to relax or play"
First night was difficult as the air conditioning did not work well. Took entire next day to get anything done then we had to change rooms. New room very nice. Water aerobics lots of fun as was water volleyball. Shopping was nearby. Working on maintainance issues during low season so hotel a little messy. Staff did their best to keep it to a mimimum.
7 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Not for beach or breakfast"
I didn't get in the beach at all during my 5 night stay. It wasn't inviting because of the smell and all the boats parked real close to the shore. The breakfast buffet was very unhealthy except for the fruits. Everything was too much and you can tell they were left overs from the night or day before that were modified and recooked. I couldn't understand how they cooked the French toast. It was hard and with white sugar. The yogurts were overly sweet and artificial. I just wish they had salads and cooked some things simply and right. During my stay there were a lot of rain so the buffet area got drenched by the windows and at night the restaurants' roof was leaking, especially by the windows. I don't know how they handle the real rainy season and I don't know how they call this a beach resort.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
First-timer
"Very nice hotel"
I have a wonderfull time food was good and the staff very friendly and kind
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Not what I expected"
When we arrived on Thursday night about 10pm we checked into room 2360 which is on the right side down by the ocean. There is a private beach club that is right beside the resort. It was playing music so loud until 2am. We asked if that would happen every night and was assured it wouldn't and it was just a special event that night. I like to have fun just like anyone else and gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried to get some sleep. The next night same thing! The third night same thing except it lasted until 4am. By that time I was a little mad because we had not slept in 3 nights and was getting up at 7am for a excursion to Isla Mujeras the next day. They changed us to the other side of the resort for our last 2 nights. It was better. We booked a trip with Vanessa at the hotel marina to sail with 14 people to Isla Mujeras for $99. What we got was a booze cruise with 45 people and very crowded and they all only paid $60. What you don't really see on the beach in all the pictures is all the boats parked right directly in front of you on the beach all day. It really ruins the beach experience. The food was ok. I have been going to Mexico for the last several years and its all about the same. The resort is small and I did like that. The staff is always cleaning and the pool is nice.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Christy
Service was excellent. We were greeted with champaign and soft drinks for the kids. Staff across all areas were professional and helpful. My daughter got sick (not from food or water, she had strep) & the rep at guest services was extremely helpful in connecting me to a pharmacy that offered free delivery. She stayed on the line to ensure we received what we needed. I also had to cancel a booked tour because of the illness and the tour agent within the hotel was able to accommodate that. The food was better than I expected. They provided a wide variety of food to please even picky eaters. The shows were entertaining. They do need additional activities. I didn't like that they had boats docked directly in front of the hotel. Overall, it was a great experience and we would go back.
4 night family trip Jul 15, 2014
Julia
"2014 Vacation"
Our 4th time at this hotel, we love that's it's smaller than most resorts. Easy access to pool, beach, restaurants, and lobby areas.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
De
"PERSONNEL AT THIS PROPERTY ARE THE BEST!!"
EVERYBODY took their time to make out vacation be the best, from wait staff to bell boy to security. OUTSTANDING PEOPLE!!!!!!! Gracias.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Oswaldo
"Vacation with Friends"
The overall experience was good. I was on vacation with friends and this is a good budget friendly resort. The food was surprising decent for being an all-inclusive resort and the drinks weren't bad either. The one negative thing that I would have to share is the kids can be disrespectful at times. Their were a lot of parents that weren't supervising their children and since none of us were traveling with kids, we wanted to enjoy our time by the swim up bar but could at times because all the kids were around. There is a whole other pool that the kids could have played in.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Worst front beach"
Worst front beach ever...full of boats and dirty. Staff ok..restaurant food average.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"average hotel"
not what they promise, internet to expensive shows not to good, beach is not to good view but not to good to get in, food good but not to much variety.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
AL
"Budget mostly-inclusive property"
Our first impression was good with a warm welcome, but that quickly gave way to a pushy sales pitch for a time share. Our room was missing towels, not everything worked, and it was not very clean. The food was ok, but the hours of service did not match the information they gave you. Also, they charged extra for the premium restaurant and certain wines and liquors. The only redeeming graces of this place was a few really good wait staff, a nice pool, and location if you want to walk the 5th Ave. Strip. You get what you pay for.
4 night romance trip Jun 28, 2014
C. P.
The staff was very friendly and the whole place is very kid friendly
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Close to all activities"
I was not happy at all with the hotel. Service was awful at the hotel, bars and restaurants. Food was okay, nothing worth paying for all inclusive. The facility is not what is been sold to anyone. There is no beach and we ended up moving to a different hotel within two days. Both my 9 and 15 year old were served alcoholic drinks, twice. I did like the fact that it is a family hotel.
7 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Amadeo
"EXCELLENT IN EVERY ASPECT ...."
NOT ONE NEGATIVE THING TO SAY ABOUT OUR STAY. THE STAFF WAS COURTEOUS AND PROFESSIONAL AND THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. I WOULD TOTALLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE WANTING TO VACATION IN MEXICO. WE WILL BE BACK .... :-)
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
CLIFF & JILL
"Great hotel and staff"
The staff was so helpful. My mom got sick at the start of our trip and the staff was always willing and ready to help anyway possible. The food was great, always fresh fruits, activities at the pool and the shows at the theater were entertaining. everyone from the front desk and bellboy to the security and waitstaff and cleaning crew were great. I had a great time and throughly enjoyed myself.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Janet
"Great hotel!"
It was a greatly experience. I was worried about the arriving time because our flight was too early, but when we get there they did everything possible to make us feel welcomed. They gave us a cup of Mimosas, and started working on our room preferences, even thought the check in time was at 3 pm. What can I say only good things. The hotel crew, from the reception to the security guard, nice people, very helpful all the time.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Maday
"Family Vacation Good Deal/AVOID FOX CAR RENTALSCAM"
Starting with Fox Rentals, they tried to bill me 300 USD for 'insurance' for a small car for one week. All looked as a scam, since the rental was already included in my booking and did not want to waste time (I spoke to the manager too), I took a taxi. Hotel is fine, is a small facility with clean rooms, few waiters but bar and restaurant were not crowded, so we got quickly our meals and drinks. I had an emergency as my cell phone was wet, and the 'concierge' lady could not assist me with one phone call to confirm my return trip to the airport. I reported that no hot water was out of my bath, maintenance guy told me that the newer wing where we stayed had some problems with the water boiler. We did not wanted to move, as there was the only Jr. Suite left at that floor (we booked 2 double queen rooms, but were very far apart one each other). Has a good location for walking to the Quinta Avenida, everything within the hotel was reachable with few steps (restaurant, pool bar, beach, lobby, room). Our room was one of the newest ones, and had a good view for both pool and beach. (2nd floor) We asked for extra towels and shampoos, we got them, unfortunately room was cleaned very late. We stayed for one week. We took some trips to the Riviera Maya for snorkeling. Beach has boats that does not look good, and cannot swim in front of hotel, you need to walk about 1/2 mile for clear beach
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Nice hotel close to beach"
Went for a bday getaway, would go again.. I feel in luv with Luis from the buffet he made sure me n my frnd enjoyed ourselfs!! He is the BEST
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
rah
"hotel close to the beach"
Hotel needs more improvements on the facility. There are holes on the doors and walls that need to be fixed. The food was good at the buffet restaurant and the Italian restaurant. The only thing that can help improve the comfort of eating your meal is air conditioning at the buffet restaurant. The are a few fans that keep the air circulating and the outside heat added to the kitchen heat does not help. It is very uncomfortable trying to enjoy a meal while you are sweaty. Also, the facility says that it is all inclusive of alcohol beverages. Only the cheap alcohol is included. If you want the brand name you have to pay extra.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Liz
"close to beach"
We wanted a smaller resort that was close to the beach. It is too small to simply spend days at the resort for more than perhaps 3. We went on 2 tours and snorkeling and fishing. We choose this resort because of the cost so that we could use the extra money for these outings. The food is very good the buffet is great and the two restaurants are very nice however paying 6 dollars for the Mexican restaurant is strange. They did put us in an ocean front room the first night and it was very dirty and disappointing they tried to get us to "upgrade" and pay the extra for the room. We choose not to and the pool front room was great nothing fancy but clean and cleaned daily. You do have to get your own drinks there are no actual waiters on the beach or pool but again because it is a small place the walk to the bar is very quick so not to bad and we saved money on tips.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Corina
"You Pay for what you get..."
The reef coco resort lived up to its reviews that I had read prior to going I was worried it would be outdated but it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. This resort is close to everything without the party scene being right on top of you. I will say be careful when using expedia because they are only the middle man in this transaction.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Tx_butterfly
"All in all, not too shabby"
Stayed at The Reef from 6/4 - 6/11 and had a wonderful vacation. Room and the grounds were kept clean. Only had a few issues but not enough to ruin our vacation. First off, we stayed in 2150 and had friends stay in 2148. Now, i'm not sure why because we left tip money for the housekeeping staff but they never left us any bottled water until the very last day (and that was 2 days after we quit tipping, I figured it wasn't getting me anything, so why bother) On arrival, we were greeted promptly but our friends names weren't on the reservation list. Not sure if that was a hotel issue or an Expedia issue but it was taken care of quickly. Got suckered into the timeshare presentation (dang it, they always get me) It was supposed to last 90 minutes but went for 2 1/2 hours. Got a $100 credit for the spa so my wife was happy. I enjoyed the food. There was only 1 day where I thought the food was so-so but all-in-all, it was good. There are 2 restaurants above the buffet dining room. 1 serves Italian and the other Mexican. The mexican one is an extra $6/pp.......don't waste your money. Wasn't worth it. The Italian food wasn't extra and it was good but be prepared to wait at either place. It was slooooooow. The beach is small, but clean and the water was pretty clear. They work hard keeping the place looking good and it shows. What we thought was kinda weird is that every night but one, we would be sitting poolside and it was quiet. We enjoyed that.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
I recommend this hotel and definetely I'll come back
7 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"Stay away from this motel!"
Food was terrible. Beds were rock hard. We requested a king size bed with a roll away bed, was told we would get two queens, actually got two full size beds. 'Fancy' Italian restaurant had leaking ceilings. Rain dripping on our plates as we were trying to eat. Toilets wouldn't flush. Had to call cleaning services 3 times during a 7 day stay for towels (there were 4 of us and they consistently left 3 towels) and for toilet paper. Room next to ours was under construction. Saws/hammers started at 8 AM. Prescription medications were stolen from our room. Beach surrounded by 20-30 fishing boats anchored just off shore. Nightly entertainment didn't have much variety. We realize this hotel was not the most expensive, however, it shouldn't have been this bad. We would not recommend this hotel nor ever go back.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
It was very good. Renovate rooms and good beach. No rocks in the ocean. The security was very good as well. Overall good expedience
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Nice beach...tons of room for improvement."
Hotel is old...food was so so, no entertainment for kids or adults. At least it was cheap....so cheap, Mexicans call this hotel their home away from home
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Gene
loved our stay and are planning to return. the food could of been a little better we ate in Italian restaraunt every nite. the drinks of course were great and Estafania and Angel at the pool were so much Fun!!!
8 night romance trip May 19, 2014
Debbie and Ken
"Great time in Playa Del Carmen"
Check in was quick and easy, delivered a glass of wine while we waited for our keys. Its not a huge resort so 4 days was plenty for us. The spa was fabulous and I was even given a free 15 min massage on the beach. The pool and pool bar were outstanding. The only complaint is the food isnt the best but I still found something each day to eat. I will say the omelet station is really good. No complaints here and would definitely go back!
Other trip May 28, 2014
Food was good and room were clean.Water in the pool was a little bit dirty and the bartenders by the pool were no good.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"everything but the bed"
the staff the pool the ocean view and everything was great except the bed. Hard as a rock so if you like that kind of thing you're in.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"So so"
I was looking for a small resort where I could relax, not party. The hotel was great for that. Not many people, no wait for check in or ever for food or drinks, and a nice pool. So for that it was perfect. However, we had no hot water, the food wasn't that great, and none of the staff ever smile. The wait staff acts as if you are bothering them when you ask for a water refill.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the beach and 5th Avenue"
hotel should have internet included at least in the lobby.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Good and bad"
Nice lobby-upgraded our room at check in for additional charge but they did not mention the VIP package which we still don't know if it was included in the upgrade. The room was clean and comfortable. Some of the staff was great but some had no idea what was going on. Example: we asked the staff out front where 5th ave (the main drag that was only a few blocks away) and they had no idea. Food was plentiful but not great. Example: the fruit was kind of..sad. The bar was ok- the drinks were sugary and they have no light beer at all (there is a bodega a 2 blocks away) You will get better service if you tip. Some times they serve in disposable plastic glass (which you clearly throw away) and they reuse them!!! We are green at home but seeing how they rinsed them was kind of gross. The beach was small, by the time we left there was no room for chairs- it was pretty tough to walk to the right due to rocks and rough water but do- able. Close enough to walk to fifth but you go down a coupe of pretty deserted blocks to get there. Fifth is great but it's more like Miami then Mexico. Mariachis charge by song ($10 per) -some really good restaurants but much more expensive than I was expecting. There were plenty of clubs but we were more into the bars and restaurants. Sala Rosa was just off 5th and on the way to the main part of 5th- it was great with a more local atmosphere. All in all my PDC experience was good
Other trip May 10, 2014
klee
Great location, within 5 mins walk of one end of the main shopping/tourist strip of Playa Del Carmen (5th avenue). The hotel was kept spotless, people cleaning constantly. Staff were very friendly and helpful with any request. Beach is small but they make up for it with tons of seats around the pool and it's directly beside a very quiet public beach so lots of room to spread out if you don't want a chair right in front of the hotel. Obviously some repetitiveness in the food, as they are trying to please everyone but each night had a theme and there was tons of variety too if you are willing to try new things and everything we tried was good.
7 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
"Very clean and maintained well"
I have no complaints about the hotel or rooms itself. The rooms were very well maintained and clean. Also the grounds were kept up and clean. When we arrived we were asked if we would like a security box in our room, but it would be a per day charge, of course we needed one. We entered our room and it was already there, no one had to turn it on, so we didn't need to pay. We were greeted by a gentleman who we thought was in charge of the hotel, in fact they were getting us to do a timeshare, NO THANKS we are on vacation. No free WIFI, WHAT???? I have never stayed at a hotel that didn't have free WIFI, of course there was a charge for that, so me and my wife walked to the Starbucks to get in contact with our kids. We exchanged American money for Pesos at the hotel cause we were told by the hotel that there rates were better than in town, come to find out when we went into town the exchange rate was much better. Food was not that great. There was a charge for the Mexican resturant, not worth the money. The Italian resturant was not great either. The buffet food was a typical buffet, basically the same items everyday. My wife and I felt like there was a charge for everything, what happened to all inclusive??
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Close to the beach"
The beach was disappointing, water murky, boats blocks swimming. The ocean hits one side of hotel wall, and small piece of sand on the other side. There no volleyball on the beach in the vicinity. No tennis courts. No soccer. Not many activities to do. Boring as baseball. There is a net in the swimming pool, but no murk up for the lines. There are bikes for rent, but nobody tells you about their availability, I found out on my last day.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Alex
"Nice and very close to town"
Smaller than other resorts that I've stayed but just as nice. The rooms aren't really upscale but clean and nice enough and the air cond worked well! Friendly staff, plenty of food to choose from, highly recommend the Italan restaurant! Drinks were convenient and plenty of them. The location was also convenient only about 4 blocks from 5th street which goes on for at least a mile or so but a quick $5.00 to $9.00 taxi ride would take you anywhere in town. However those few blocks to 5th were pretty vacant, some ran down and some new construction, it was hard to tell which. Security was great but never felt uncomfortable or unsafe. There were many languages spoken by internationals from Canada, Poland, Germany, Russia and US. The pool was nice but if you like the beach there is not much of one...I hear they lost it in the hurricane. But there are chairs, water and beds available plus a short walk and you will find plenty of beaches. We walked the beach all the way to the ferry that goes to Cozumel 1 to 2 miles? They have a disco that starts at 11:00 but no one really came so I hear 12th street is where the night life is so I would just plan on taking a taxi. Overall....I had a great time with no complaints.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Wasn't in the lobby 5 minutes."
We took our taxi from 5th Ave to the Reef coco beach walked in the lobby to check in, gave them our info they told us there were problems with our rooms and a taxi was waiting outside to take us 7 minutes down the road to the Reef playacar. We knew nothing about the reef playcar, we didn't know what the rooms looked like if it was on the beach if it had resturants anything. We knew nothing except we were in a taxi heading there. The reef coco beach could have atleast concacted the people they were moving to let them know a week or two in advance so they could research the knew resort they were staying. It is not a good feeling getting shoved out of a lobby into a taxi heading to a place you know nothing about. We were very upset. We paid extra to have ocean front rooms well the reef playcar doesn't have that ocean front or view rooms so that money was wasted. Our stay turned out to be pleasing and good we enjoyed our trip but that was no way to start one. I would sure think since they knew 5 months in advance we were coming that they could have somehow contacted us to let us know what the situation was before we got there. Very poor management in my mind.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Not what we expected"
It is close to the beach, but we got charged for a safe lock when the safe had an enter in code. The shower head did not work. We paid $30 for internet to supposedly work for 3 days, and it kept on disconnecting. Their drinks were all watered down. I would not recommend it.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Daisy
"Great all inclusive right on the beach!"
Staff very helpful and friendly, especially William & Jorge in the VIP bar. Resort is only blocks from 5th avenue. Resort is very clean but not gourmet food.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Ok, but would not recommend or go back"
Playa is great, so I say all of this with that in mind. The hotel is old and outdated. Staff was not rude, but not friendly. Very few spoke any English and it was difficult to get anything other than a basic drink. They had limited shot glasses so getting shots was difficult. A diaper sat under the walk bridge for three, or more days. The pool was dirty, often and the place was flocked with birds and bird doo doo ( more so than other resorts) Overall it was not nearly as clean and tidy as other resorts we have stayed at and the rooms weren't cleaned until very late in the day. They charged $6 to eat at the Mexican restaurant and there was really nothing special about it. They charged for safety deposit boxes too. Perhaps most concerning was the entertainment guy (Anderson) who all but stalked my daughter and her friend and tried endlessly to get them to go to the club with him. Apparently they get spiffs if they get people there, but I found it disturbing. When they declined several nights, he became rude and made condescending remarks. On the plus side, the food was good overall and there was always a place to sit.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
Stacy
"Won't go there again!!!"
Before you choose a 'taxi' service to the resort make sure you give them the CORRECT address. There are 2 'reef' locations and we were taken to the wrong one---should have stayed there because it looked like a better hotel (it just wasn't ON the beach)! When we finally did get to the correct destination, they were nice at the desk but not overly friendly and did not take the time to introduce us to the things that would be going on. If we learned of ANYTHING that was happening, we learned it on our own!! The room 'itself', was 'ok', but I was expecting better (pictures are SOOOOOO deceiving). The pool was ok but water was not warm and it was difficult walking to the beach access. We were suppose to have an ocean 'view', but you had to peer between buildings and trees. The worst part of the whole thing was that we did not have hot water for bathing the entire time---even after telling them about it 3 times!!!!!!! It was 'adjusted', but never HOT!!! Was hoping to have a more 'family' friendly place since I brought my 11 year old granddaughter, but there were very few children and again NO explanation of activities. The food was mediocre and if you wanted 'Mexican' food you had to pay $6 extra for it. All in all, this is a place I will definitely mark off my list and will tell others NOT to go. I feel Expedia has let me down---again and I think I will stop using you because you really do not represent these places as they REALLY are. VERY DISSAPOINTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"Clean, friendly staff, beautiful beach"
The staff is super friendly and accomodating. The beach was beautiful and the ocean was a patchwork of sea green, teal, and blue. It was gorgeous and I plan to go back again. The only thing I hope they do in the future is to add pads to the legs of the furniture so it isn't really loud when the people above you in the hotel are moving their chairs constantly. They also move the beds when they're changing the sheets, and so that is pretty loud since it's wooden furniture being dragged across a cement tile floor. The people above us were moving their furniture (sounded like chairs) across the room for about 30 minutes to an hour every night. I am not sure if they had kids or what, but it was very aggrivating and it's a cheap fix just to add some cloth pads to the base/legs of the chairs so that they slide easily and without noise across the floor. Other than that, the hotel was very nice, they had shows every night after dinner for entertainment and the weather was beautiful. We went during spring break, but since this is in Playa del Carmen which is 30 minutes south of Cancun, we didn't have hardly any young spring breakers, which was nice.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
C
"beautiful hotel! close to the beach. great food"
staff was very friendly and accommodating. absolutely beautiful hotel with great activity leaders by the pool. I loved how we could snorkel and kayak for free! definitely want to go back soon
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Tara
"Beautiful resort-secluded beach-friendly staff"
The resort is about an hour or so away from the airport, and the package doesn't include transportation so you have to get a taxi.---around $100 one way but they had a promo for $150 round trip Once we arrived at the resort we were greeted by the staff and a glass of champagne. The resort was clean and the view from the lobby over looking the pool was beautiful. Room as a good size and everything was clean. The maid service was excellent as well. The pool area was wonderful and clean. The beach was nice as well, and after taking a walk down the beach we realized that it was very secluded from other hotels and locals. The food selection was okay, the buffet could have had a little more variety in my opinion, but overall it wasn't too bad. they have an Italian and Mexican restaurant as well. You have to pay $6 more at the Mexican restaurant though.. which was a little weird to me. There is an office there where you can book excursions. We went to Xcaret and spent the day there. It was really beautiful and a good way to do fun activities and learn about Mexican history. Definitely would recommend going there. All in all, I would definitely recommend staying at the Reef Coco Bay Resort. a solid 4.5 stars in my book. The food selection was the only downfall, but it honestly wasn't even bad.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
LG
"Very Nice Resort....Mainly for relaxation"
We stayed 7 nights, and anyone who says the food gets old must be the PICKIEST person in the world. If you don't like buffet, they had a WONDERFUL snack bar, if you wanted a restaurant GO UPSTAIRS. The Italian restaurant is free and you don't need reservations and had great food. The Mexican restaurant cost $6 a person but is well worth it. What can we say VICTOR is amazing he was a huge help!! Also Milton at the Disco bar is great. The rooms were very clean and the grounds were amazing!! The disco bar was fun because (we 8 travelers were the entertainment)! Hardly anyone was up past 10 pm!!!!!!!!!! So party life it is not, but you can party yourself in the disco, which is what we did. The beach is nice but small, but never crowded. If you are looking to get away and not spend a fortune....give the Reef a try. 5 blocks you are at one end of 5th avenue. They also have nightly shows that are fun!!
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
ReNee
"good rooms, location, pool but poor food"
Good location, rooms fine and clean. Pool area great, lots of seating. Beach was good. Everything was quite good and above average except the food. Just blaa! Ruins va-ca when you can't look forward to a good meal. WIFI charge ridiculous. Mexican restaurant definitely not worth paying for. Meat was so tough I couldn't eat it. Wine is the worst, must have bought a batch cheap because no one else would buy it. Surely there is enough profit to fix these things and come up to a solid and true 4 star. You're so close, make the effort and people will come back.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014