All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
338 Riverside Ave, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

They are really nice and kind. The room was very clean. I hope to stay there one more when i get there someday.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
J
"Clean & close to boardwalk"
Very nice one nite stay. Room was very clean. A huge plus! Short walk to Boardwalk. Only minus was being able to hear carts/ luggage? rolling by loudly outside. And housekeeping vacumming early in the morning next door. Oh well, at least they're keeping it clean. Suni at the front desk was nice, friendly and informative. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
mimi
"Small hotel,OK Stay, walking distant to Boardwalk."
The hotel upgrade with many new feature, look nice but look like DIY job. One of our room had a damp carpet at the door and smell funny. The good: Nice friendly front desk Walking distant to the Boardwalk Small but good Breakfast (no table, eat in your room only) The bad: small parking space Sagged Bed Loud heater
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Nat
"Nice little Motel"
Stayed here for two nights while exploring Santa Cruz. It was very affordable and just fine for the money. While not looking that great from the outside, and not my favorite neighborhood in Santa Cruz or the most convenient since the Boardwalk was not my attraction, I did really like this motel. It was exceptionally clean, and the staff in the office was extremely nice. I felt secure and safe with my lady and some expensive camera gear and that was huge. I would definitely stay here again. Also if you are wanting to go the Boardwalk you couldn't beat it as it is probably 90 seconds-2 minutes away on foot.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Bryan
"Review"
1.Breakfast items and space should be improved. 2.Drinking water should be available in room.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Great place"
Very comfortable
1 night trip Dec 21, 2014
Kaitlin
"My wonderful stay"
I loved it! The owner was very personable and When I return for future visits this would be the only place I would stay!
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Betty
"Cheap and great location"
Just blocks from the Boardwalk and has to be one of the most inexpensive hotels in Santa Cruz. The room was basic and pleasant. Beds are comfy but maybe could have used an extra blanket. Shower worked great, heater kept the room toasty. Had a TV, mini fridge, bureau, small work table and two chairs. Really basic - it's a motel, not a fancy hotel or B&B - but well worth the price and the proprietors are professional and friendly.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"Affordable and good location."
Great location and wonderful owners! They were so friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"Wonderfull stay"
Just visiting my grandchildren and needed a nice place to bring the girls for the night for a getaway. Very nice stay. Extremely courteous staff, nice breakfast, and very nice, clean decorated (blue and yellow)room with fridge and microwave. My only small complaint was the car/motorcycle noise on the street when trying to go to sleep. But I would definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
christine
"Great ultra budget hotel."
Within this hotel's category, it is excellent considering the price, location, and welcoming owners. The parking situation is a bit awkward, especially for larger vehicles, but it's workable.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2014
"Lovely hotel"
We were so impressed with this hotel. Very modern and very clean. The owners at he front desk were wonderful! The lady was so friendly and helpful!!
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
alieshia
"Nice little hotel close to the beach, downtown."
Super 8 is next to the river, 5 min to walk to the beach, 10 min to walk downtown, 10 min to drive to national bridges park and surfing place. Staff is excellent, room was super clean, bed is comfortable. Breakfast is big enough to feel you up to the late lunch. The price is very good, we would stay there again when we are in Santa Cruz.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Tatyana
"Nice hotel with flexible check in hours"
Excellent hotel closed to everything. Boardwalk is five minutes away. Municipal pier is six minutes away. The room is super comfy and the staff is very nice.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Freddy
"satisfactory stay"
Arrived in the evening after dinner in Monterey. The check in process was quick and the room was much more space than I thought. Shower had hot water at a decent pressure. Beds were clean and so was the carpet. No complaints here.
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
"Getaway"
Management was fabulous
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Great location for our trip older motel but worth the rate host was cordial
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"Wonderful!"
Owners have a true gift of hospitality. Plus it's a great location!
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"very nice hotel for the price"
I enjoyed my stay. it is very close to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. While not being fancy, it was clean and a very good value. I'd stay again.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Remember it is a Super 8"
Well, if you remember you are renting a motel room you will be very happy ... hotels in this area are very expensive, so yes you are paying a lot for a motel and it may be frustrating. As far as motels go it is very nice. Friendly owners, good breakfast (hot waffles were a nice surprise) and location very close to the boardwalk (and that is what you are paying for). Rooms could do with updating here and there but overall pleasant
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Eugene
Good considering the price, the Indian guy at the reception was very friendly and helpful
3 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Fredrik
I was impressed with the cleanliness and the location to the boardwalk. My family and I go to Santa Cruz several times a summer and this is by far the cleanest, most well kept up hotel with great service. Definitely will be making sure this is the hotel we stay at in the future.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
CS
If you are looking to hang out at the Santa Cruz boardwalk, the location is outstanding. The hotel is not fancy or new by any means, but it is managed well and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend if you are looking for an inexpensive hotel with a great location.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Nice Motel"
Only stayed for one night. Very friendly staff. Clean room. Very good location in relation to the beach, boardwalk and wharf. Couldn't get Wi-Fi to work. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
"The Best Santa Cruz Innkeepers!"
The experience of my short summer stay at the Super 8-Riverside East was extraordinary due to the kindness, thoughtfulness and professionalism of both the innkeepers and their staff. I wholeheartedly recommend this motel for anyone traveling to Santa Cruz who's desiring more than just a great location close to everything. The Boardwalk is 2 blocks away, but better yet is the year round convenience to everything. It's an easy walk to Pacific Ave. and RiverWalk for entertainment, services, Trader Joes, health food stores and shopping, the SeaBright Beach & neighborhood (where I found a great little java place and met nice people), museums, architectural interests, San Lorenzo River walking paths, the Municipal Pier, restaurants, many wonderful Santa Cruz city parks and other discoveries which are too numerous to put in this review. In addition to the location being great is the fact this motel is cared for and maintained by honest owner/operators. This always eases my mind when I travel so I wanted to share this positive experience with all my fellow Expedia travelers.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
SB
"Would Definitely Return"
Strengths: Location was great (very close to boardwalk), staff was friendly, air conditioning worked great (but noisy), room was reasonably clean considering how old the hotel is and the fact that it's a Super 8. Weaknesses: Older hotel, so it was only "reasonably clean" after considering it's a Super 8, it's old, and it's basically a beach hotel (e.g., bathroom area wasn't spotless, carpet made our socks dirty). That being said, we went in with expectations of it being an older, budget-friendly beach hotel (although not on the beach). Therefore, we enjoyed it and would definitely return if not looking for anything fancy.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
"Perfect"
Perfect location for a night away to spend time with kids at the Boardwalk! Owner was so sweet and went above and beyond by walking around property making sure we were having fun in pool, etc. Rooms were clean, air conditioner really loud, but drowned out traffic sounds. Only reason we moved to another hotel was because this one was sold out. Owner even called me in the morning saying they had a cancellation, but we already booked another place. We'll stay here again!
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
HW
"Nice hotel close to the beach."
We stayed pretty comfortably. Parking lot is kind of small. Bed was clean. There were three kind of towels which is good. Bathroom fan was loud.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Kackie
"close to the boardwalk"
great rate, convenient location, and super friendly owners. parking space can be a bit tight.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
"Very friendly, great location to boardwalk !!"
Older motel but it did not matter. Well kept, friendly owners and easy walk to the boardwalk. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Betty Denno
"Close to the boardwalk!"
Had to choose this last minute, not too bad for a Super 8, but very expensive.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Convenient Location, Friendly Staff"
Our first trip to Santa Cruz, and the hotel staff was very knowledgeable and helpful with tips, directions, and recommendations. The bathroom was very cramped and the bed was not very comfortable, but overall worth the stay due to the convenience of the location (a few blocks walk from the Boardwalk, the wharf, downtown). For a small office, they still were able to provide quite an array of options for the continental breakfast (waffle maker, yogurt, fruit).
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"great location"
Close to boardwalk. Clean for older hotel. Not bad. I would stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
"Not your average Super 8"
Good location near beach. Nice staff. Breakfast good. Love upstairs balcony.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2014
J and J
It was great..................................................................................
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Walking Distance"
We really enjoyed it all. It's walking distance to the Boardwalk, 5--10 minutes. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Pool was clean. Check in was easy and quick. Staff was friendly and informative. Continental breakfast could have more choices, but filled our needs. Only complaints were parking can be tricky on a packed night and our window was right on the side street (main exit from most Boardwalk parking), which can make for a few noisy moments. But nothing that really bothered us. We will stay here again.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Jaime
"Family Go-to"
The staff is always incredibly kind and gracious. Our rooms are always neat and clean, we have made this our regular hotel. Over the years, we've stayed pretty much everywhere there is to stay near the boardwalk an this is our favorite.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Jenny
I have to say I am really impressed with everything. No questions. The room was so cozy and home alike. The owner and manager (Suni) was very friendly, warm and very helpful. I really like her. I enjoyed my staying. I def would come back someday! :)
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2014
"Good for the Beach Board walk and walking downtown"
Got to see most all of Santa Cruz in a general way. It was a week day trip so the beach board walk was quiet. Downtown was near by and lots of interesting shops.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Good for a night"
During our trip up the coast, we stayed here for the night. The location is extremely convenient to the boardwalk but that means it is was a very busy street with both cars and people. The room itself was pretty basic, no frills except for the kurig machine. The bed was lumpy and the overall feel of the room was just dingy. The towels could use replacing, they were yellowed and thin. The breakfast was literally a waffle machine, some bread and a couple of cereal choices right in the check-in/out lobby. The neighborhood wasn't terrible but it didn't feel all that safe. We ended up closing the window (because of the noise outside and to feel a bit safer) and deadbolting the door. The service was pleasant, no complaints there.
1 night trip May 26, 2014
"walking distance to Boardwalk and Wharf"
hotel was in a perfect location to walk to boardwalk, wharf and beach. Area is a bit run down, but the hotel is well cared for. The staff/owners do a wonderful job on keeping the place up and well cared for. The flower planters are very charming and the outside balcony patios are very welcoming. The free continental breakfast was very nice with lots of extras. The rooms were large and very comfortable. We definitely would stay here again. I think it is probably one of the better hotels in the area.
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
"A Keeper"
Everything was as advertised. Surprised the pool had a 7 1/2 ft. deep end.The pillows (double amount) were like clouds. All in good working order The local area is very cramped so it seems small, 2 blks. from Boardwalk. Quiet and the curtains DO blackout. Thanks.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
chris
"Adequate and clean and nothing fancy"
The room was very clean and large. The management very nice and accommodating but breakfast is served in the office. One must bring the food to the room or eat outside on a deck which was pretty cold the day I was there. There's no elevator to the 2nd level so make sure you request 1st floor if you need it. For the price and location, I will try elsewhere next time.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
"Centrally located"
This motel is about 4 blocks from the Boardwalk and Pier. We walked to both. It is located right next to the river. It is clean and the beds are comfortable. The pillows are especially amazing. The room we stayed in had a mini fridge and microwave, ironing board and iron, hair dryer and a coffee pot. (None of which we used.) They have a pool as well. The people are really friendly and helpful. The parking is tight and limited. The tv is too small in comparison to the room size and if you are the type of person to lay in bed and watch tv however, don't count on that. This place has the worst tv sets EVER! When you push the power button either on the actual tv or their generic hotel remote nothing happens. We attempted to power it on several times to no avail. We even tried unplugging it and starting all over again. We called the front desk and a guy came to our room within 2 minutes with a remote in his hand and did the exact same thing we did and said it needed to warm up. We are convinced he just used the remote in his hand though because we tried to use it the next morning and could not get the stupid thing to do anything. My husband looked up the tv and discovered they have zero good reviews. All are complaints about power. There are a few liquor stores within walking distance. I think they offer continental breakfast but we didn't partake. For a quick overnight trip this hotel was great.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
"Would not stay again"
I have traveled around the world and this would have to be the worst hotel stay ever!!!
1 night trip May 10, 2014
Visit was very nice. Great staff, friendly. Close to boardwalk.
Other trip May 13, 2014
mario
"Great Value and location"
This hotel is great for the price! The facility itself is a litle run down- the pool looked absolutely disgusting- but the room was large and clean and the bed was really comfortable. It's proximity to the boardwalk and beach were great, and the drive to downtown was really short. This is the third hotel I've stayed in in Santa Cruz, and if you're looking for a place really close to the Boardwalk stay here.
2 night family trip May 5, 2014
Sara
Staff were excellent and very kind. Great place to stay. Great location!! I would highly recommend it.
2 night business trip May 2, 2014
Debbie Evans
We enjoyed our stay it was close to the Boardwalk and ocean. the beds were comfortable and the staff was very nice.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Nice hotelclose to beach and shops"
Enjoyable staff and pleasent room. Close to restaurants, the Pier and shops.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014