All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America

Delicious food
    Room is all right
    Bad breakfast
"Friendly, attentive staff"
Arrived after having a very trying day with transportation issues and was greeted with a friendly and understanding smile. When the manager saw I had my 3 girls in tow, he immediately gave me a ground floor room next to the pool. A thousand thanks for all of your generosity. You made us feel right at home.
3 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
Sunshine
The staff was very friendly and professional. It was a short walk to the boardwalk.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
"Nice hotel close to Boardwalk."
Safe, good location. Friendly staff. Loved eating on the patio and walking to the boardwalk. Sea lions and shopping.
Other trip May 31, 2015
jason
"Exhausted Mother"
My daughter's 15th birthday on Memorial holiday, we paid $413.72 on a Saturday night with four teenagers and myself. They advertise two queen size beds which is false. They are thick mattresses, full size beds that only fit two people each. I asked for a rollaway bed for myself but they claimed that they ran out and gave me two sheets and a blanket to sleep on the floor. I couldn't sleep all night and in the morning, I confronted the woman at the desk to inform her of my discomfort. She was defensive and blamed my for teenagers that took up all the space on the beds. She claimed that the beds were queen size and I know that was false and told her so. Not much of a breakfast selection too. Parking was small and tight. The only good thing about it, walking distance short to the Boardwalk. I would never pay that much money to only sleep on the floor again! Not recommend!!
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Ok for one night passing through stay"
Poor location average accommodation
1 night family trip May 21, 2015
gordon
"Short business stay"
Short stay for business. Nice hotel, good location.
2 night business trip Apr 25, 2015
"Great location, older motel, friendly staff"
Good location, close to the Boardwalk. On major street, tight parking, can be noisy. The owner was friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"Comfortable and reasonably priced."
Staff was really friendly and accommodating. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Location is good for the boardwalk. Only complaint is that it was really noisy from nearby traffic. It did eventually quiet down at night.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Nice hotel closed to Boardwalk"
Great staff and great and clean room. The best thing is that even though the check in time is 2:00, they allow me to check in at 12. Very comfy room with microwave and refrigerator.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Freddy
"Nice hotel for the price."
When I first drove up to this hotel, I was concerned. The outside of this hotel is shabby looking. The man at the front desk was very friendly, and after I actually got to the room, my concerns went away. The room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the shower had good pressure and was easy to operate. The only downside was that the complimentary breakfast was just some juice and coffee and some muffins, cinnamon rolls, and cereal.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Alan
"Great hotel to stay at"
Great customer service. The lady was super nice and gave a lot of information for places to go and restaurants to eat at. Bed was Super comfy. Walking distance from boardwalk and downtown. Parking is a little cramped. Room was clean. Not a bad neighborhood. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"Very Wheelchair Friendly Room"
The room we reserved for wheelchair access was excellent. Permanent cement ramp to door and plenty of roon to navigate through to a huge bathroom. Shower chair was available and appreciated. Hotel staff was most helpful. We will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"The owners were very helpful and close to beach!"
The owner was very nice and always willing to help. The walk was short and a nice walk to the boardwalk. We aprked and did not have to drive anywhere.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Courtney
"A little noisy. Easy access to boardwalk/downtown."
The motel manager was very accommodating. She (Suni?) was very helpful with recommending places to eat and sites to see. House keeping was just acceptable. After comparing prices in the area, we were satisfied with our stay.
4 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
Elissa
"Excellent experience!"
Super clean hotel, fantastic owners who were friendly and hospitable. Will definitely stay here if we find ourselves in Santa Cruz again.
1 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"Close to the boarkwalk :)"
Great location and easy to get to the Santa Cruz boarkwalk. Price was great and the room was perfect for what I needed it for. Will stay again :)
2 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
Kriste
"famille stay"
The hotel is very friendly. The manager tried to speak few words in french and she found quickly a baby crib. The set in the bathroom was very pleasant
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
delphine
"Great stay close to downtown and beach"
Nice comfortable clean room. Great management better than most motels in the area at a good rate
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Bev
"Nice, basic motel"
Nice, basic motel. Friendly staff. Location is great. Will most likely stay here again.
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Anna
"Last Resort Motel"
At the time of booking, the only room available in Santa Cruz w/2 beds. Touring the University. The building is old, original. No area to retreat away from the room, ie: to sit and have a coffee, read the paper. The neighborhood is down the street from the boardwalk, which makes for a loud, scary evening. Our sliding window opens to the walkway, the bed is 3 feet way. When guests walk by, they look in. Definitely do not feel safe, or private. OK for Yungins on their own. Not a family place.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Very satisfied!"
Was my daughters 15th birthday and we wanted to be close to the boardwalk. The room was clean and had everything we needed. We had a great stay and the price was really good too!
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
Jacqueline
"Just okay"
Stayed for one night. Picked this hotel based on price and guest reviews. We checked in late which is why we may have got the last (worst) room. The safety bar on the door was barely hanging on. The towel bar in the bathroom was broken and the ceiling in the bathroom looked ready to fall down. It is walking distance to the boardwalk but overall I would not give an excellent for the budget price point.
1 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
Araya
Best hotel for the price. Close too everything!! Walking distance!! Would stay again
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Darin
"Safe place"
It needs to be upgraded. But it's a safe place for family's. Also it's a 10 min walk to the Boardwalk. Will stay again.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
CELESTINO
"One night stay"
My husband, daughter,mother, and myself stayed one night in this hotel. I was not too impressed with the cleanliness of the room. Dust on almost everything and really didn't like them using a flat sheet as a fitted. The location was wonderful. Parking was a little tricky as well. Overall I don't think I would stay in this hotel again.
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"If you have a big car, parking is tight !"
Parking is tight! We came back late at night and it was hard to park. The manager was very helpful and let us park along a wall until morning ( we were leaving the next day anyway. ) Its not glamourous by any means, but it works if youre just spending the night and want to be able to walk to the Boardwalk. Its about 2 blocks away.
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Cindy
"Good value, clean room"
I've stayed in many run down hotels near the boardwalk. This one was one of the cleanest and most comfortable for what you pay.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2015
Leslie
"Good for a night"
For a super 8 it was good. Pros: Great location, able to walk everywhere. Friendly staff. Cons: Room carpet not very clean, room backed up to road so it got quite noisy, not much soundproofing, beds were somewhat uncomfortable.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Friendly staffs"
This motel close to the beach, clean and friendly staffs . Although the parking space not enough , the staff give me the permit to park on the side of drive way.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Des
"My Santa Cruz trip"
The room was very nice and it had a microwave and refrigerator so we could save our leftovers and had a way of warming them up. And Santa Cruz is just beautiful
3 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
"OK motel but in a bad neighborhood..."
Hotel was fine but the entire surrounding area is filled with drug addicts.
2 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Enjoyable."
It was pleasant. Friendly hotel staff. Clean room and maybe because it was a winter stay it was very quiet.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Raymond
"Great customer service and a nice place to stay!"
This is a great little hotel for Santa Cruz. The owners make a point of manning the front desk at all times and truly care about you as a client. They addressed an issue with their wifi immediately, calling their provider to address an issue beyond their control and then calling me back fifteen minutes later to let me know it had been resolved. They will gladly give you recommendations on places to go or things to do and every one of their recommendations was solid. The hotel itself was not large, it was not new and it was not luxurious. It was, however, clean and well maintained and pride of ownership was evident. I will be back.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Jose
"Super8 East"
Close walk to the boardwalk. The couple that ran the super 8 is very nice. I would stay here again in the future.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Good value- family friendly!"
This is a clean, safe motel within walking distance to the Boardwalk and Pier. The owners were friendly and helpful - the other guests were families or family friendly travelers all there to enjoy Santa Cruz. Despite being there on a sold out holiday weekend, our room was quiet. The breakfast waffles were yummy- and we enjoyed our stay. Good value for the $. We will come back.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Christi
"waffles...did I mention the waffles?"
The couple that owned and operated the hotel were kind and friendly. Breakfast was great. How can you complain about fresh waffles while you wait?
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
brandan
"Good value for clean comfortable hotel"
Great hotel for the price paid. Less than $70/night on a weekend during off season. Our room was comfortable and quiet. Happy and welcoming staff. Will stay there again next time in town.
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
Aaron
"Good beds, nice staff"
The hotel looks pretty bad from the outside. Our room was right on the parking lot. Once inside, the room was clean, although old, and the beds were comfy. I don't usually stay in motels but Santa Cruz doesn't offer many choices that don't cost an arm and a leg for a so=so hotel so I chose Super 8.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Cristy
"Close to Boardwalk and Pier"
It was the off season, very quiet, and most business were closed by 9 pm. Boardwalk was 2-1/2 blocks away and the pier was a 10-15 walk. The hotel wraps around the corner of street and the traffic noise of everyone going to work in the morning.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Samuel
"Clean and comfortable"
The beds were comfortable, the room was clean and the continental breakfast was as expected. Parking was a little tight but, we were able to park in the lot.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Santa Cruz"
low price, large room, walking distance to boardwalk
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015
"Close"
Easy checkin staff was very friendly and courteous.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
denny
"Fair Lodging for Short Stay"
Overall it's an okay motel for one night. The parking lot is way too small and so is the bathroom. The breakfast area is in the check-in area with a small couch for 2-3 people who wish to sit there for breakfast. There is a terrace above the check-in area with tables and chairs but it's too cold to have breakfast there in January.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Excellent, affordable"
Stayed for one night & were really pleased by how clean and comfortable the room was. It was quiet, spacious, with a comfortable bed. Staff was very pleasant. The motel is also conveniently located near lots of Santa Cruz attractions. Obviously, it's not a 5-star hotel, but it was really a very pleasant by to stay.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Noemi
"Mission Trip"
We went to visit the Santa Cruz Mission. Room was clean and simple.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Eve
They are really nice and kind. The room was very clean. I hope to stay there one more when i get there someday.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
J
"Clean & close to boardwalk"
Very nice one nite stay. Room was very clean. A huge plus! Short walk to Boardwalk. Only minus was being able to hear carts/ luggage? rolling by loudly outside. And housekeeping vacumming early in the morning next door. Oh well, at least they're keeping it clean. Suni at the front desk was nice, friendly and informative. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
mimi
"Small hotel,OK Stay, walking distant to Boardwalk."
The hotel upgrade with many new feature, look nice but look like DIY job. One of our room had a damp carpet at the door and smell funny. The good: Nice friendly front desk Walking distant to the Boardwalk Small but good Breakfast (no table, eat in your room only) The bad: small parking space Sagged Bed Loud heater
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Nat
"Nice little Motel"
Stayed here for two nights while exploring Santa Cruz. It was very affordable and just fine for the money. While not looking that great from the outside, and not my favorite neighborhood in Santa Cruz or the most convenient since the Boardwalk was not my attraction, I did really like this motel. It was exceptionally clean, and the staff in the office was extremely nice. I felt secure and safe with my lady and some expensive camera gear and that was huge. I would definitely stay here again. Also if you are wanting to go the Boardwalk you couldn't beat it as it is probably 90 seconds-2 minutes away on foot.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Bryan
"Review"
1.Breakfast items and space should be improved. 2.Drinking water should be available in room.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014