All hotels in El Centro, California, United States of America

1 night business trip May 22, 2013
Other trip May 14, 2013
1 night business trip May 7, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites El Centro

"Gross, rude and terrible customer service"
10/09/15 pickymomma2015 El Centro, California
Staff was very rude. Unprofessional. Had idols of their gods in customer lounge with strange music and incense burning. Room they gave us was under construction and very gross. They didn't apologize for the mix up. They put us in a different room that was ok. Lady in the office lied about local calls being charged. She told us to go to a pay phone when we could have made free local calls. Room was $77.00, over priced! Motel 6 is cleaner, nicer and friendlier. Don't waste your money on this nasty place.
"Wear a Tyvek Suit if you have to stay..."
09/02/15 TahmiJoh Long Beach, California, United States
Upside: location off freeway and prompt check in. Downside: This place was disgusting, and I do not think I have used that phrase before in describing a place to stay. Walking in I saw the "pull out" couch and it was sagging in the middle, I didn't want to catch a virus by sitting on it. The room smelled dank and wet, the shower was dirty and fixtures were corroded. I thought the bathroom floor was stained with rust, but it was actually dirt or something funky that I didn't want to touch. The "white" floor mat was an off color and the towels had an unpleasant smell to them. The remote for the TV need to be run by a satellite technician...confusing as heck (I hear that is the nastiest thing to touch in hotel rooms!). This was the second "Roadway Inn" that I have stayed in, and the last one was better than this one, but now I know to avoid this brand. To top it off, it was $85. No ever going back to a Roadway.
"Dark, drab, dingy and outdated"
03/20/15 Jean C Apache Junction, Arizona
I will never stay at the Rodeway inn El Centro again. The motel needs a facelift to say the least.. Our room had 2 queen beds, both with holes in the covers. The carpets need a total steam clean or removal. The door stuck, making it hard to close. It was a tiny room, and had dead spiders on the ceiling. The bathroom had black mold which was painted over. Very poor job. The towels were very thin and stained. The bathtub had been painted over and was peeling and very ugly. We only had one working light and the room itself was very dark and drab. Because we were on a time crunch we decided to stay and not switch rooms. I will never stay there again... I am considering dropping my choice privileges. If this is the best choice, it's not for me. Don't stay at this motel!!
"Inexpensive place to stay off I-10"
01/04/15 ANNIE S LAS CRUCES
We have stayed here before. The price is right, and it's quite adequate. The internet was off for the whole area for awhile, but came back. They now have a small breakfast room with four tables and chairs. They have cereal, hard boiled eggs, one waffle maker, regular and decaf coffee, orange and apple juices, toast, muffins. The water was hot and the shower in the tub worked. The bath towels were reasonably soft. There was a fridge and microwave, but no coffee maker. There was a hair dryer. There were not enough outlets in the right places, but we always carry an extension cord. There is a very high arch to go through, and all rooms face inside the rather large parking area..
"Friendly Staff and Clean Rooms"
06/19/14 Goldni333 California
I stayed here for a total of two months, due to the work I was doing in the next town over. The staff is extremely friendly. The rooms are clean and air conditioned, The bed was very comfortable. The TV is a nice sized flat screen. The internet connection is very fast. They have continental breakfast consisting of hard boiled eggs, waffles, pastries, toast, cereals, coffee, juice, and milk. There is a 7-11 right next door as well as an In-N-Out and Panda Express across the street. It is a five minute drive to the mall and local restaurants. I would definitely stay here again in the future.
"Your home away from home"
06/18/14 FrankEng Staten Island, New York
I stayed at this motel the last week of May on a business trip. I arrived at the hotel before "check in" time and the clerk didn't hesitate to greet and check me into the motel immediately. I have stayed at other hotels where the staff/management were not flexible and very strict in policy to enforce even during their off season. I was pleasantly surprised when I first entered into my room as to the cleanliness and overall condition of my room. The entire staff were incredibly friendly and helpful upon, during and leaving and Yes at the end of my stay I requested a late check out also and it was approved. I would not hesitate in returning or recommending this hotel to friends and family.
"Satisfied"
12/04/13 SDBOLTMAN San Diego
We have stayed at this motel several times over the last 2-3 years. We stayed here 2 nights, Nov. 28th & 29th, 2013. The cost of the room was very reasonable. We didn't have any problems with the room nor staff. On past visits, when we have been here during the summer, the a/c units do struggle to keep the room cool during the day, but we have usually been accomodated with another room when that has happened.
"Disappointed!"
10/14/13 CarlosVent Phoenix, Arizona
I had a good experience a couple of years ago with this hotel, hence I decided to come back as a quick stop for a trip to San Diego from Phoenix. It has changed so much it's disappointing. First of all I was given a Smoking room after weeks of reserving a Non-smoking one. I tried to talk to the clerk in the front desk, but she was actualy kind of rude and juts informed me they were totally booked and nothing could be done!! Total BS, they gave my room away without remorse. I called my online booking service, and they gave a $50 voucher and a apology for the inconvenience. Rooms outdated, dirty bathrooms, smelly rooms. Wouldn't go back again. I'm done with this one
"Living with Cockroaches"
07/09/13 usapv walnut
Cockroaches GALORE!!! If you are the type that likes sleeping with Cockroaches this is your place. I should have known when I picked the cheapest hotel. Rooms were small, looked clean but smelled foul and attracted numerous bugs including Cockroaches. I paid $10 extra for a kitchen, and when I went into the kitchen there were two cockroaches waiting there. After I killed them and the air conditioner didn't work (in the 120 degree heat) the front desk woman kindly moved me to another room which had a working air conditioner, but no kitchen. I jokingly asked if I could have my $10 back and she said "no." I only paid $75 so I didn't really press the issue, because she looked like she needed the money more than I did. Even with the room change, there were more cockroaches waiting for me in the new room. They really need to DESTROY this "MOTEL" (as the large signs says out front, which trumps the much smaller Rodeway Inn sign) and start over. From the reviews, this seems like a typical Rodeway Inn Hotel, so I guess... I won't be staying at any Rodeway Inn's anymore!
"Beware of quoted price and actual price, terrible owners"
05/25/13 vander1020 El Centro, California
Called and was quoted $280/wk for room with kitchenette. Arrived and was told it would be $330/wk and no kitchenette for 2 days. After 2 days no one remembered my kitchenette. Owner promised it would be ready on 3rd day. On 3rd day owner was out of town and no one knew about the kitchenette, actually all kitchenettes were already booked. No room was ever available. Shop around, there are nicer, cleaner, more efficient motels close by. Stay away from here. P.S.--No WiFi in building farthest from office (where they put me).