All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
165 Grange Ave, Toronto, ON, M5T2V5, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"GOOD FOR A BUDGET"
got the job done. space is a bit tight but if you are on a budget, cannot beat the price and location.
2 night trip Jan 9, 2014
Gaurav
"For that price, it was worth it"
I went to Toronto and I looked for an affordable hotel close to Downtown. It was a nice choice for the price, I really like it.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Pretty good for the money"
So I've been visiting Toronto for 30 years. I've stayed at super expensive hotels, I'm starting to venture out to less expensive hotels. My main goal is cleanliness, safety, and service. Staying at The Grange, this hotel definately met all our needs. We were in an updated studio type room complete with a fridge, stove, microwave and sink. The bed was very comfortable. We wanted to save some money. The only drawback I could see was that from what we saw, the hotel is not really on a subway/streetcar line. Also, with being a single female, if I came to Toronto by myself, I may stick closer to the downtown corridor. But if you're with friend(s), I say go for it. We wanted to do a whole "hippie" weekend at Kensington Market. This hotel was perfect for hanging around the Kensington Market. A short 5 mins walk. I would highly recommend this hotel.
1 night trip with friends Dec 21, 2013
Denise R
"What we expected"
It was good for the price we payed to stay. The sheets were clean and the water was hot nothing fancy. The location was great the price was right a place to sleep. Would stay again
1 night trip Dec 16, 2013
McBeats
The room itself was very clean and convenient. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only one small thing I would like to change was a bad smell at the corridor. It is important to say that the smell did not enter the room. The location was very good.
5 night business trip Nov 12, 2013
"Convenient To Major Hospitals by Streetcar ."
I stayed in a recently renovated room and it was excellent. Everything new including bed ,flat screen TV, refrigator, micro-wave and glass counter top stove plate . If you brought your own fry pan and pot you could cook all your meals there . Could not get Wi-Fi in room had to go to hotel office for connection. Lots of Chinese restaurants along Dundas Street. Very short walk to Dundas Street for Street Car. Surface parking only. Hotel located in a Chinese nebourhood and felt safe.
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2013
Preston
"Fair hotel close to downtown."
The hotel was being renovated while we were there, so sometimes noisy. We could clearly hear the television in the next room. The location is decent, in Chinatown and within walking distance to downtown. Reasonable price for downtown Toronto.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
kwzook
"Good price"
Very worn out . Bed sheets were clean but the room was sub par. Good location and good price.
4 night business trip Oct 20, 2013
Dennis
"Only good for 1 night sleep but don't expect much"
no chairs available to sit in my room (#303), has to ask front desk for chairs and the answer was " we don't have it", then I went and ask the hotel maid and she went and got 2 chairs for us. The maid said these room were not ready for guest to occupy since they are in the process of remodeling and not done with them so why they try to sell this room. No clothes hangers or even hooks to hang clothes or towels. There was a big hole on the wall in kitchen area in the room with no paint or tile covering it and electric stove was there but not usable. Mattresses on bed wooden laminated platform can move around since there is nothing to hold it in place. Cold air leaked through windows and around air conditioner frame. But the room has a nice design with modern look.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
Sam
"Great choice for us!!"
They are now remodeling rooms (we did not have one). New rooms are quite nicely updated, as we saw one. I do not know when all of the room updates will be completed. For myself, update is unnecessary. Our room served us well. It was small, but exceptionally clean. Furniture was old. Tv was old style, not flat tv...didn't care. Price was right for this over the top expensive city to find lodging. Neighborhood looked questionable upon our arrival, but actually had a lot of pedestrian traffic, so felt safe the entire time. This is a great location to easily walk ANYWHERE! I actually wish they were not updating rooms, as I'm concerned price will increase. Warning about Toronto: they insanely monitor parking meters. We were just 3 minutes late to car and had already been slammed with $30 ticket. Meter monitors are everywhere. So, walk or take public transit which is easy to get to. That is why this hotel is great. You can get anywhere with shoe leather. Do it.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Sandra
"Former apartment building lacks hotel quality"
I would not run back to this hotel. If you can call it that. I served its purpose but I was sad to see it was an apartment building with a temporary sign advertising a hotel. The doors had the numbers written on them with a sharpie upon green tape. There was a Starburst wrapper on the floor, telling me it hadn't been cleaned well. It needed a coat of paint and was very small. No amenities, unless you want your own mail box for the night. there was a small rodent behind the wall where we slept scratching and freaked me out. Placement was ok, but I expected it to be around attractions. Again, it worked for the price and the one night we needed but I would not recommend it.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
"Solid Place"
Exactly like the other reviews say; very bare bones, but everything you would need. It was extremely clean and adequate size to fit three ladies for 2 nights. The A/C unit was somewhat loud and weak, but it was good enough. Not sure if we got an updated room, but all the building/room locks are now electronic key cards. The front lobby was manned by friendly, knowledgeable staff and offered free coffee in the mornings. The neighborhood is what won us over; we were a couple blocks north of Queen St which was excellent for meals, shopping, and night life. There were several bixi bike rental stations nearby which were an additional positive to the location of the hotel.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Great room design"
The hotel is in renovation mode at the moment, but the rooms are very clean and have great fixtures. I stayed for two nights, and my room was not cleaned after the first night. I'd be interested to see if service improves when renovations are completed. On the upside it does have easy access to the streetcar, but there aren't any convenience stores nearby.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Grange Hotel is a good value"
I have stayed here before and been satisfied completely. It is an ideal location for someone who wants to be near downtown, clubs, shopping, restaurants, and so on, and doesn't want hotel with a downtown price tag. I use my hotel room to sleep in when visiting Toronto, I don't hang out at the hotel, so a ton of amenities are not necessary for me. If that is what you need, don't stay here. I have seen a few reviews ripping this place because it is not fancy...it is not fancy, but that is exactly what I need/want when visiting a city with so much to offer outside of the hotel.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Terri
"Wi-fi fail"
Traveling internationally, I specifically chose this hotel because of its wi-fi. I did not want to rack up a serious phone bill while navigating around. The wi-fi did not work. It really made it difficult to contact family and to figure out where things were and how to get there. Other than that, the room was nice.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2013
"Dirty, smelly, old, not for families."
We went to Toronto for a family outing for a weekend. This hotel was one of the cheapest in Down Town. Well, you get what you pay for! The building is old and dirty. The smell is just horrible both in corridors and rooms. We got rooms on 4th floor and had to drag up and down our baby carseat and a stroller, because the elevator didn't work. WiFi was not existent (it was in theory, but would crush every 30 seconds!). Overall horrible and filthy experience!
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
A little hard to find. Used to be an apartment, now converted to a hotel. If you want access to your own kitchen at a fairly low price, probably a good choice. (I was awakened by kids playing in the hall at 7 AM). As a single traveller, I would pay $10. more and stay somewhere else.
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
Our room was clean and comfortable. It was not very modern, but central enough for the sight seeing we wanted to do. staff were friendly and helpful. Nice that it had laundry facilities.
3 night family trip Sep 19, 2013
K Key
"clean room, great location, some hesitations"
The room was lovely and clean, but it was hard to tell from inside whether the door was locked. Also, the check in area wasn't always manned, and one night I had trouble getting in. There wasn't a phone in my room or an option for a wake up call, which was also a touch problematic -- or an easy way to hail cabs.
3 night trip Sep 9, 2013
"Close to buses and trolleys.Nice views of CN Tower"
Enjoyed the updated decor of the room. Trendy and upcoming neighborhood. Grocery store on Augusta Ave. Enjoyed dining in Chinatown and being in heart of fabric district. Trolley will transport to downtown destinations,leave the car and ride public transit.. Can't wait to go back,lots to do in the city and this hotel was convenient to it all. May not be for those looking for luxury .
4 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2013
SJR
It's not the fanciest hotel but for the price and the fact that parking is only $10 for that area! I'll take it.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Close to Downtown, but rather noisy neighbourhood"
The worst thing about this hotel was terrible smell in the rooms and hallways because of cooking food. We had to sleep with open windows but there were people screaming all night long (Saturday night). But very cheap indeed.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Tatiana
"Good stay"
The hotel just finished door lock upgrading. The staff was nice. Our room has microwave, refrigerator. It is good for a longer stay. But the smell is bad and facility is old, including the big TV.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
A visitor
great except the charge for parking 10 dollars a night not too bad, but still a pain after all the other high charges in toronto
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"An efficiency hotel"
Needed a place to stay for the night. The room was clean, the amenities spartan. The kitchenette was not mentioned in the description when making reservation. Located in a very URBAN location. Front desk personnel were friendly and efficient.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
I think the surrounding neighborhood are good,and location very close to china town.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2013
Alexius
"Close to downtown"
Parking was the bonus - 10 dollars for parking, you can pretty much walk everywhere from the hotel. It is simple, it has stove range and a big fridge too - if you plan to stay longer.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
"It's old but fine"
The building and the room were old, but it was comfortable. With the price that I paid, I was totally fine. The room has a mini kitchen with microwave and refrigerator. Someone who stay longer can enjoy these. WiFi speed was very good and that is very important to me. Location is comvenient, too.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2013
CT
"perfect stay"
This hotel was an apartment complex turned into a hotel. So the rooms are apartment style. The hotel is made for extended stay, and gives you everything you need. From a fridge to a microwave, stove and dishes. Can't even get that at a Sheraton. Don't expect it to be a hyatt or Sheraton. At first I thought it was sketchy, but the area is a local cute Asian neighborhood. I walked to the main street - which was just down the street and never felt unsafe. Things are out of date, but everything works. I would stay again. Parking is only $5 a night which is a great deal!
4 night trip Aug 1, 2013
Kelley
"WiFi Sucks"
The WiFi connection was terrible, otherwise, it was a perfectly fine budget hotel.
4 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2013
Carlos
"Not too shabby..."
I had a good experience at the Grange hotel. Despite the furnishings and appliances being a little out dated, the rooms were not too shabby. The sheets were clean and the beds were comfy. I slept like a baby. We arrived to Toronto around 11:30 am with the intention of going to the Jays game. They allowed us to park our car there well before check in time. Likewise the following day. They allowed us to keep our car there well after checkout time so we could pick it up after the game. Location is amazing as well as the price!
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2013
"Great budget hotel"
Good facilities for the price. If you need to stay for more than a couple of nights you are going to have everything you need, range top, fridge, microwave, laundry room available for a very attractive price to be downtown in a major city.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Horrible"
This hotel is located far enough off Queen St in a sketchy neighborhood (homeless begging, transgender prostitution, quite a bit of late night action) to not be a comfortable walk in the dark. The outside of the building looks like it's vacant or inhabited by squatters - windows missing, junk piled at windows, crumbling parking lot, etc. The staff said the hotel was being renovated. They had 1 room finished, which wasn't horrible, on the 1st floor and were actively doing construction (drilling) to the ones on either side. The windows, which went to the floor, didn't feel secure and it felt like someone could easily gain access from the outside. The 2nd and 3rd floors were totally "under construction," and I'm pretty sure people were living or squatting in the 4th and 5th story rooms. I stayed the first night because we arrived late and didn't have time to find another option. The staff didn't bat an eye when I told them I couldn't stay another night. I don't require high-end accommodations (I lived in West Africa in Peace Corps and I've traveled to many developing nations), but I do require a "safe" place to stay and this was definitely not up to par.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Scary
"Cheap but gross."
It was the best price that I could find but was very gross inside. The location is good. It's close to public transportation and easy to find.
3 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2013
"Stay and staffs were pleasant."
Very close to Toronto city center. You may cook your own food. Lots of resturants and shopping around
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Cheap downtown area"
The place is out dated and shabby looking . . . looks like it use to be a apt complex that was turned into a hotel. The free wifi in the rooms is a lie since the signal doesn't get throw the walls which is why everyone goes into the hallway to catch the signal. Even wen your in the hallway the wifi is still pitiful which makes me believe they dont have enough bandwidth for the whole facility. But as far as being in the heart of the downtown for cheap you cant beat the price. this is strictly a cheap place to sleep and nothing more.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"very poor"
Never go bach there a gaine
3 night business trip Jun 20, 2013
sam
I was there for one night. The man on the reception was very kind and helpful (my computer could not connect to the (complementary)WLAN: he allowed me to use his own notebook. The room was clean and calm enough. The location is very good: short walking distance to Chinatown, walking distance to Queen´s etc., short distance to the excellent Toronto Traffic System (Tram, Subway). The hotel is hard to find, because Grange Ave. is almost unknown to residents and is interrupted by 2 parks; a better description or good map would be helpful.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
A block away from china town. Free parking. Walking distance to dundas square and yonge street.
Family trip May 23, 2013
"Good location; good value"
Not the best, but far from the worse. Convenient location & parking for a reasonable price. Good for business travelers or folks on a budget.
2 night trip May 15, 2013
"A kitchen corner in the room"
It is easy to have a boiling hot water for Chinese persons using the electrical oven in the room to have a cup of tea but no coffee maker in the room is available which is not good for those coffee lovers.
Other trip May 20, 2013
Niannian
will not come again
1 night trip May 13, 2013
"Good for price"
We thought it worked out just fine for our needs. It was inexpensive and walking distance for where we needed to go. The halls were stinky, but the room didn't seem to be. The bed wasn't very comfortable, but we weren't bothered by that too much.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
This is a hotel for people looking for a cheap place to sleep. The Rooms are OK. The staff is great and the location perfect, almost everything is withing walking distance. Yes the interior is old and looks a bit ugly but, if you are just looking for a place to sleep this is the place to go. If you want more comfort then this hotel is not the place to go.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
Toby
okay for the price
3 night business trip Mar 3, 2013
"One night is fine"
As I was only staying in Toronto for one night, I did not need anything too fancy. Well, this hotel is not. It is fine for one night, don´t get me wrong, the rooms are clean and I slept fine. But checking in was very weird - a young guy sitting behind a small (cheap) computer desk, keys are small metal keys in the drawer... it is more like an advanced youthhostel with private rooms and bathrooms. Also, this hotel doesnot offer any meal, not even a packaged pastry for breakfast. There is a Starbucks in walking distance though. Weird is the $50 deposit that you have to pay upon checking in. Kinda emphasizes the youthhostel theory, you know... partying kids, things get broken... but if you can live with all that, go for it. it is rather inexpensive for Toronto, it is clean and I guess the location is not too bad (could not really check it out in detail)...
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Mr. X
"Ok for a short stay."
It's a nice place to stay for a little while. It is small, old and rundown. The hotel staff is very nice, and it is located near several nice restaurants and bars. Overall if you don'thave high eexpectations like I do this will be a nice cheap place to stay while you visit Toronto.
Other trip Jan 27, 2013
Our room was not cleaned even once for 4 nights that we stayed. 1st night we had "do not disturb" sign on but then we took it down and the room was still not cleaned. We had to chase the maintenance lady down one time and take fresh towels from her but again, the room was never cleaned. The whole hotel smelled like cigarettes. WiFi Internet did not work on the 3rd floor at all and on other floors - worked only in certain rooms, we had to change 3 rooms before we found one where wifi worked. The hotel is an ex-dormitory that has not been upgraded in any way, rooms are super tiny. It is located close to downtown activities but other than that, it is a sad experience.
4 night trip with friends Jan 4, 2013
Marina
"Great hotel for a family on an extended vacation."
The Grange Hotel is located in a very convenient location and the staff are helpful and courteous. The cleanliness of the room and the entire hotel were satisfactory.
Other trip Dec 11, 2012
Ken
"Girls just wanna have fun"
Overall, we had a great time in Toronto. However, the hotel was not welcoming and the hallways and hotel smelled. I noticed cleaning material so I know they cleaned, but it was not comfortable. Also they charged us for silly things like a local phone call even though they told us it was complimentary. Hotel was very outdated and community was very frightening. Good while it lasted, but i wont return.
1 night trip Dec 1, 2012